PDA

View Full Version : cdj, JBHuskers on the boobtube tonight

steelerfan
08-09-2010, 09:56 PM
In case you guys didn't see this in the Madden 11 thread, cdj and JBHuskers are in New Orleans for the launch of Madden 11. There is a show on Spike in less than an hour (show starts at 10:38 pm Central) and they told me that they will be on it. Chris said something about playing Mike McKenzie, I assume he meant during the show.

Get your popcorn ready!!! :popcorn:

ram29jackson
08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
you mean Bob and Doug have a brother ...?

steelerfan
08-09-2010, 10:10 PM
This Mike McKenzie...

http://www.mkrob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/mckenzie.jpg

ram29jackson
08-09-2010, 10:13 PM
haha this is Bob and Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ZvAVcBIrQ

ram29jackson
08-09-2010, 11:06 PM
i'm disappointed..................

SmoothPancakes
08-09-2010, 11:09 PM
i'm disappointed..................

Agreed. And everything on the show seemed like it was just mashed together at the last second and had "show" stamped on it. It seemed really chaotic rather than any semblance of organized.

gschwendt
08-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Agreed. And everything on the show seemed like it was just mashed together at the last second and had "show" stamped on it. It seemed really chaotic rather than any semblance of organized.
To me it seemed like they had an hours worth of material but decided to squeeze it in to 20-30 min. I didn't get to see the end though... DVR cut off. Who did Jeremy say he was giving his copies to and did Chris win his game?

steelerfan
08-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Meh, it's just a promo deal so I wouldn't expect much. At least Chris didn't let McKenzie beat him, lol. And how about JB? Good job, guys.

steelerfan
08-09-2010, 11:25 PM
To me it seemed like they had an hours worth of material but decided to squeeze it in to 20-30 min. I didn't get to see the end though... DVR cut off. Who did Jeremy say he was giving his copies to and did Chris win his game?

Chris was winning. JB said something like, "a lotta friends, huh-huh". Ha! Shoulda pluggged TGT with that opportunity. I'm sure he was nervous, drunk or both, lol.

ram29jackson
08-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Chris was winning. JB said something like, "a lotta friends, huh-huh". Ha! Shoulda pluggged TGT with that opportunity. I'm sure he was nervous, drunk or both, lol.

oh ? that was JB? guys like him should already get free games. They should have a common dude for that contest. Good for him anyway !

gschwendt
08-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Apparently Chris won a custom PS3 with his win... asked if he's going to give it away on the site but no response yet :D

Here's the PS3
http://twitpic.com/2d9krf/full

ram29jackson
08-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Apparently Chris won a custom PS3 with his win... asked if he's going to give it away on the site but no response yet :D

Here's the PS3
http://twitpic.com/2d9krf/full

man, talk about funky promo ideas... I went the promo at the Rose Bowl a couple years ago. I'll I got was a sun burn....and Jamal Anderson bumped into me hah

steelerfan
08-09-2010, 11:41 PM
asked if he's going to give it away on the site but no response yet :D

I'm guessing "no", lol. :D

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
You know cd, I've been wanting to get a PS3 for a while now. And I'm currently sick and have been sick for the past week. That PS3 could go a long way in cheering me up and helping me get better. :D

ram29jackson
08-10-2010, 12:24 AM
You know cd, I've been wanting to get a PS3 for a while now. And I'm currently sick and have been sick for the past week. That PS3 could go a long way in cheering me up and helping me get better. :D

:P:sick: :drool: TRY HARDER, thats a tad weak...need to turn that Maddengras PS3 into a smiley/emoticon.

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2010, 12:30 AM
:P:sick: :drool: TRY HARDER, thats a tad weak...need to turn that Maddengras PS3 into a smiley/emoticon.

Hey, I figured it was worth a shot. :D I am sick and have been sick, maybe I'll get the pity selection because I'm sick. ;)

ram29jackson
08-10-2010, 01:47 AM
:)Just curious....how is it that guys whos site threads are mostly devoted to the college version get to go to Maddengras and get major fun and prizes for the Pro version when this site doesnt even have a full devoted Madden section ?

Just in case someone thinks otherwise- this is just a question. Not ment in any mean spirited way. I may not have had to say that, but just in case.:)

cdj
08-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Ha - I hope you guys got your money's worth out of the show. ;) I didn't realize what I had "won" until the show was long over. I was handed a slim PS3 box after the show and others in the area told me it was a Madden Gras edition. It's nice as I am losing confidence in the fat PS3 to hold up, but I'd almost feel bad using this one. I think I may install a bigger HD in this one and keep the fat PS3 as a back-up or sell it on eBay.

BTW, I am giving away my PS3 copy of the game in another thread and JB will be giving away some of his copies as well. We'll post info here on his later this week.

ram29jackson
08-10-2010, 03:29 AM
How many PS3 copies are you and him going to prize out ?

skipwondah33
08-10-2010, 08:11 AM

I thought it was funny when the guy said "he'll have the chance to add another copy" or something to his collection. I'm like damn how many does he have lol

cdj
08-10-2010, 09:25 AM

The copy I received is going to be given away. He said he had a couple buddies at his workplace who texted him as the show was going on asking for copies, but I'm sure he'll be giving away several here as well, not sure on any numbers though.

JBHuskers
08-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Glad some of you guys got to catch it. I'm giving a couple of copies to CDJ to give away, I gave a couple to the crew on Spike TV that had asked me for one, and since they hooked me up I didn't mind doing the same. The couple I have left I'm just gonna sell on eBay cuz I need to pay the credit card bill LOL

The beginning and end of the trip was a PITA for me. Missed getting my boarding pass by FIVE minutes for my 6am flight, ended up having to take a flight five hours later and being the last one on the plane. Then in Chicago I'm on standby for a 3pm flight......three seats are left, and I'm third on the list so I got the final seat on that plane too. Then I have problems with my cell phone....so I don't have one for a couple of days, but everything in between was awesome.

ram29jackson
08-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Glad some of you guys got to catch it. I'm giving a couple of copies to CDJ to give away, I gave a couple to the crew on Spike TV that had asked me for one, and since they hooked me up I didn't mind doing the same. The couple I have left I'm just gonna sell on eBay cuz I need to pay the credit card bill LOL

The beginning and end of the trip was a PITA for me. Missed getting my boarding pass by FIVE minutes for my 6am flight, ended up having to take a flight five hours later and being the last one on the plane. Then in Chicago I'm on standby for a 3pm flight......three seats are left, and I'm third on the list so I got the final seat on that plane too. Then I have problems with my cell phone....so I don't have one for a couple of days, but everything in between was awesome.

like they say,..Its not the destination, its the journey that counts...................mmm maybe:)