PDA

View Full Version : Do you think acceleration and top speed are done well?

Rudy
09-30-2013, 08:13 AM
I don't like what EA has done with the turbo button. Where is the top end speed in this game? Every player runs around near top speed all the time. The players play too fast in confined spaces and then when they get into open space you don't see that extra gear IMO.

Remember the old PS2 games where you hit sprint and your player hit that extra gear? They couldn't turn well or juke at top speed but it was a nice feeling. That is missing in M25 IMO. I think Very Slow looks and feels better when running between the tackles but it's painful to watch in the open field. I just can't deal with the lack of explosiveness at that game speed. Normal feels too spastic when the game needs to be slower.

CLW
09-30-2013, 11:50 AM
EA's NEVER done speed right in a video game. It's really the ONLY rating that matters at RB/WR/TE/CB/LB/S/etc...

skipwondah33
09-30-2013, 02:28 PM
EA's NEVER done speed right in a video game. It's really the ONLY rating that matters at RB/WR/TE/CB/LB/S/etc...Well it does matter in real life..speed does kill they say.

See the older, slower Pittsburgh Steelers Defense...especially at the Safety position.

Vs a younger, faster Defense like say the Chiefs, Patriots....Seahawks. Because you can definitely say Seattle's Defense is faster than the Steelers.

Noticeable difference

CLW
09-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Well it does matter in real life..speed does kill they say.

See the older, slower Pittsburgh Steelers Defense...especially at the Safety position.

Vs a younger, faster Defense like say the Chiefs, Patriots....Seahawks. Because you can definitely say Seattle's Defense is faster than the Steelers.

Noticeable difference

It does matter but it's not the end all be all like it is in Madden. You can take Hester and/or Trindon Holliday type players who really have no football skills but are FAST and DOMINATE Madden with them. However, I don't see them DOMINATING the league other than the occasional kick return for TD.

These players are FAST but in the end they are not even in the same league as the best receivers in football.