CLW
09-23-2013, 07:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rysk2aB61Ss

CLW
09-23-2013, 07:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRyr8l-zo9w

bdoughty
09-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Both FIFA 14 and PES 14 are getting solid reviews this year. Some giving the nod to PES others to FIFA. This looks like the year I go back to buying both. Already have FIFA 14 on the way but as soon as there is a price drop for PES 14 I will be getting it.

steelerfan
09-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Both FIFA 14 and PES 14 are getting solid reviews this year. Some giving the nod to PES others to FIFA. This looks like the year I go back to buying both. Already have FIFA 14 on the way but as soon as there is a price drop for PES 14 I will be getting it.

When you do get PES, please post some impressions. I'm going to get FIFA (probably wait for PS4) but I'd definitely be interested in what PES has going on.

bdoughty
09-24-2013, 12:36 AM
When you do get PES, please post some impressions. I'm going to get FIFA (probably wait for PS4) but I'd definitely be interested in what PES has going on.

Will do, though it might be some time since I will wait for a price drop. Plan is to run with Man City in FIFA 14 and play with named National Teams in PES 14 and try to take Canada to the fictional World Cup. For some odd reason EA never puts Canada in their yearly games? I honor Konami with this challenge of epic proportion.

gigemaggs99
09-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Controls are different, first-touch requires holding R2 (PS3) + Rt-analog, once I figured that out the game is very nice.

The controls seem more, not sure the proper way to put it, "spot on"... in the past it seems like there would be a lag, i.e. if I was passing it quickly sometimes it seemed like the controls would get delayed and my player would run towards the ball and pass the ball later than I wanted. This year it seems to be just right, as soon as you press the button the correct action takes effect.

I did the pre-order business with Gamestop and it gave me 2 Ultimate Team gold packs. I haven't messed with Ultimate team much, but to be honest it might be the way to go for me. My biggest problem so far is, I enjoy football/futbol/soccer, I watch as much as I can on TV. I don't have a favorite team, basically the teams that are on TV at that moment are my favorites....so creating my own team and building them up seems like a good compromise. Since I HAD to pick a team I went w/ the Brisbane Roar.

For my free arena player I went with Landon Donovan.

My question for those that have dealt with the Ultimate Team stuff, what do you do w/ the players that aren't worth a darn? I have multiple bronze free guys that came when I started my team. I can't put them up for trade, I can't sell them for coins they are worth 0, I can't seem to cut them from the team either? The only way I can see to cut them is to sell them for 0 coins??? Is this what you do? Or do you keep them no matter and end up with a huge roster of guys that never play? I'm talking about some of these players with low 40's overall ratings?

gigemaggs99
09-25-2013, 07:30 PM
crickets.....:dunno:

steelerfan
09-25-2013, 07:39 PM
crickets.....:dunno:

I never played FUT, but in HUT I know there was a way to move cards from active status to what was basically a collection. This way, you still own the cards and can use them if needed but they don't take up a roster spot. JB plays FUT so he may be able to elaborate.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

JBHuskers
09-25-2013, 11:44 PM
There should be a group called Reserves or Collection you can move it to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

gigemaggs99
09-26-2013, 07:10 AM
Ok, thank you gents! :up:

steelerfan
11-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Firing up FIFA 14, I first got all of my controls and settings in. After that, I put in Orion's sliders from OS (current gen version). The only deviation from his sliders for me were that I am playing on World Class instead of Legendary. Lastly, I named all of the generic stadiums in the BPL and MLS.

In my first match, I played as Chelsea against West London rivals, Fulham. The match, at Stamford Bridge, ended in a 1-1 draw. Dmitri Berbatov gave the Whites the lead in the 15th minute, with Frank Lampard converting from the spot in the 23rd minute to equalize.

I was outshot 13(5) to 7(2) and Fulham had an advantage in possession with 57%. Tackles were level at 23. Fulham were called for 4 fouls, Chelsea 1. There were no bookings or injuries. Chelsea was caught offsides 3 times, Fulham twice. Chelsea drew 2 corners to 4 for the Whites. The Blues registered 28% shot accuracy, Fulham 38%; while Chelsea displayed 61% passing to 78% for Fulham.

Overall, I was very happy with the realistic shot percentages, something I struggled to maintain on FIFA 12 and 13. Also, tackles usually heavily favored the CPU on 13 and offsides was virtually non-existent. So, I was happy to see tackling leveled and 5 offsides calls.

I was very rusty so I'm not going to go crazy with slider changes for several games. That said, I need to get a more respectable passing % and I should have more of the ball against Fulham. Those two statistics are, of course, intertwined.

I'm going to try to get a good starting point for sliders quickly so I can go ahead and jump into Career Mode as a Manager. I'm sure I'll start with Houston Dynamo, as per usual.

steelerfan
12-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Just a few notes now that I am almost through my first season in Career Mode.

I have played a total of 31 matches in my season (27 in league). I definitely am loving what EA has done with this game. The build up through the midfield is the biggest change and it has a drastic effect on how the game plays, is played, and must be approached. Patience box-to-box is vital and it really puts a level of realism in this franchise that has been missing.

Personally, I am also loving the Improved Ball Physics. Shooting is so much more fun now. In the past, if you had your sliders set to produce realistic shooting percentages then you would not stand a chance on shots outside the area. With the new physics, I can still get good overall shooting numbers AND take the occasional pop from 20+ yards (and with an actual chance to put it on target too).

I also like some of the simple changes the game has made to Career Mode. For example, you can set up to 5 formations that you can easily switch to in the menus. This has caused me to change formations during a match, according to the situation. In the past, I didn't do much of that because it was too cumbersome. This is easy and much more realistic.

I recently switched to (you guys can't handle this, I get it) 20 minute halves and I'm getting great results. My matches are averaging 2.42 goals while the MLS average in my season is 2.44. Additionally, I am averaging 2.44 in my matches since going to 20 minutes.

For comparison, the MLS average in 2013 was 2.61, but it was 2.46 in 2010. As you can see, my numbers are great.

My only beef with the game remains the lack of fouls and bookings. In 20 minute matches, I can get 8-12 fouls (should be 14) but I almost never see a booking (should be 3, on average, in MLS). Not just that, the lack of fouls means a lack of direct free kicks. I'll never understand why FIFA 13 introduced all the cool options on set pieces (ie 2 or 3 players over the ball, creeping wall etc.) if you're never going to see them.

There's more to say, but I haven't taken notes so that's all I can remember at this time.

SmoothPancakes
02-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Jesus, England is a completely different beast. I started my manager's career with the Colorado Rapids in the MLS (like I do every time I buy FIFA), I went through the entire season in the MLS. I did apply for some jobs in England, in Norway, I think even Germany, as well as throwing my hat in the ring for the NY Red Bulls since they had something like $3.7 million to use for transfers (where as Colorado only had maybe a million).

Each time, I either decided not to accept the job offer or I couldn't make up my mind to bite in time before the offer was rescinded. I ended up getting all the way to the start of the January transfer window when I saw a bunch of jobs for teams in the FL Championship. Originally applied for Leicester City, but took too long to decide as I was hoping to see if anything else popped up in the couple days afterward. Took a week and a half, but I was able to get FL Championship teams back and was able to apply again for Leicester City. Didn't know anything about their season, about the players they have, but because they had $10 million in transfer budget (the most of any team I had seen so far) plus $57,500 in their weekly wage budget, money-wise, I was fine with taking over as manager for them, actually having money to spend to improve the squad.

Then came my rude awakening against Cardiff City in round 4 of the F.A. Cup. While we only lost 2-1, Jesus, the speed and overall higher level of play in the English leagues, goddamn, I really have to step my game up to truly compete over on the island, as opposed to what I was playing again in the MLS.