PDA

View Full Version : Run Commit

Oneback
08-07-2010, 11:48 PM
As Jeff has brought up run commit seems to be more realistic. I haven't used it once this year. Let me know if you still think this should still be banned.

JeffHCross
08-07-2010, 11:51 PM
No reason to. It's a roll of the dice, and when you roll wrong, you do get hurt this year, even with the best defenses in the game. The combination of the improved run blocking with the locomotion system means running plays can have success, even when the players commit correctly.

I certainly don't use it much, but if I think the CPU is going to run up the middle on 3rd and 1, I'm going to call it. If they're lucky enough to run somewhere else, I get beat.

Papa LoneStar
08-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Yea....I'm too scared to use it....the first cpu game I played....I got PA'd for a long TD....I'll only use it in goalline situations....lol....definitely not as over-powered as last year.

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Yea....I'm too scared to use it....Hahahaha. Anything all-mighty Papa is too scared to use can't be bannable. :D

Kingpin32
08-08-2010, 01:32 AM
I used it a few times tonight and I don't think it's as over powered as it use to be. So I would be up for the unbanning of it.

fsuprime
08-08-2010, 09:36 AM
i have not used it, would rather keep it banned.

skipwondah33
08-08-2010, 10:47 AM
i have not used it, would rather keep it banned.

Same

psusnoop
08-08-2010, 11:00 AM
My only thoughts about it are, in Goalline packages (or 3 TE's) I feel like you should be able to commit to any side. That is and would be realistic in my opinion.

I have used it against the CPU on short yardages packages, and have been burnt big time.

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm fine with guys wanting to keep it banned ... but if you haven't used it and don't know what it's like on NCAA 11 ... why vote for it to be banned?

fsuprime
08-08-2010, 11:10 AM
because i think it is gimmicky and dont like the idea in the first place.

skipwondah33
08-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I just don't like the idea of being able to tell your team to sell out and commit to the run. Whatever happened to the days of calling and play then executing it? There are other ways to have your team "commit" to the run which is by calling a blitz for example.

It defeinitely wouldn't help to allow it in gl situations because I sure don't see a risk in it. If you guess wrong you should still be in good shape defensively because it is such a small space defenders will still be in position to make a play on a pass.

Just don't like the idea of a feature that can make any play the right play if you guess right. Hell you could be running man coverage with only the default 3 or 4 rushing, then use run commit and guess right now all of sudden its turned into a run stopper.

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 11:32 AM

texacotea
08-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I vote for it. Not gimmicky when you have to be right. If I guess wrong I will be beat for alot of yards. Is abusing something that is messed up in the game gimmicky?

fsuprime
08-08-2010, 06:26 PM
DL aggressive is and we allow that, so i guess we can use run commit

texacotea
08-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Dline aggressive is not. just because it says jump the snap does not mean instant pressure.

fsuprime
08-08-2010, 07:03 PM
cool, i still vote no and im in the minority so this will probably be allowed.

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 07:06 PM
DL aggressive is and we allow that, so i guess we can use run commitActually, I stopped using Aggressive after the recent discussion. I figure other guys probably did too.

cool, i still vote no and im in the minority so this will probably be allowed.Maybe if you had more reasoning than "it's gimmicky", people would be swayed to your side. There's a central difference between Run Commit and DL Aggressive. DL Aggressive is all reward with absolutely no risk. Run Commit has big risk if you guess wrong.

We banned it last season because it allowed people to call certain defenses, Run Commit, and then have a perfect defense against everything. That is not the case this year. Far from it.

fsuprime
08-08-2010, 07:13 PM
i dont feel like saying anything more, skip did a nice job imo, but im not here to argue and convince other people, just to state my opinion and agree with the decision of the tribe :)

texacotea
08-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I agree with Skip, run the play and execute it. But that can be said for about everything thats in this game. It does get frustrating but then again other than in a GL situation its more or less guessing tendencies and past plays that people go back to throughout the game. Myself included

skipwondah33
08-08-2010, 10:15 PM
We banned it last season because it allowed people to call certain defenses, Run Commit, and then have a perfect defense against everything. That is not the case this year. Far from it.

That is what I was exactly going to say. You could call a cover 4 defense then use run commit and all of sudden it would be a run stopping defense. That was bull crap and that will still work if you guess right. In the end its what everybody else wants, I still won't use it though

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 10:21 PM
That is what I was exactly going to say. You could call a cover 4 defense then use run commit and all of sudden it would be a run stopping defense. That was bull crap and that will still work if you guess right.Have you tested that theory this season? I don't believe that to still be true. Locomotion and the improved blocking essentially nerfed all the advantages of Run Commiting out of pass formations.

skipwondah33
08-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Have you tested that theory this season? I don't believe that to still be true. Locomotion and the improved blocking essentially nerfed all the advantages of Run Commiting out of pass formations.

Then why do they still have it in the game? :)

Using it against the CPU I feel doesn't count because they counteract damn near everyhing you do. You could have a perfect blitz going and get all kinds of pressure only to see the QB get it off to a receiver not even finished with his pattern or looking.

But no I haven't tested it against other users, I believe some other people that I have played (not from this site) that have used it against me when I got close to the endzone.

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Then why do they still have it in the game? :)I said "out of pass formations". It's still useful in Goalline situations, I-Form vs 4-3, or other situations where you'd expect run and be setup for run.

Since you're worried about RC out of Pass formations ... tested using practice mode, HUM controlled defense:
I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (No Commit): 7.0 yds average
I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (Run Mid): 6.7 yds average
I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (Run Left): 7.7 yds average
I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (Run Right): 6.7 yds average
I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (Pass Commit): 7.3 yds average

psuexv
08-09-2010, 08:55 AM
The only thing is that it's not at all like last year. I agree with the concerns that if you're in a 3-3-5 stack running prevent and you picked run commit in last year's game you still blew up the run. This year's game is not like that at all. We don't have it banned in another dynasty and I've used in running a 4-4 against a big set and guessed right and still got beat. It's more of a focus for your dline and lb's this year and it makes your secondary step in before going to coverage, unlike last year when everyone just crashed with super human strength.

I don't particularly care if we ban it or not since I don't really use it but I think people should try it out to get the full affect before deciding.

JeffHCross
08-10-2010, 07:21 PM
For what it's worth, I took a 4-2-5 Cover 1 (which is about as much of a run defense as you can get in 4-2-5), did Run Mid against an I-Form Iso, and still got blown up for 10+ yards because he beat my first tackler and everybody else got blocked.

skipwondah33
08-11-2010, 12:59 AM
If it doesn't work then why worry about using it?

Do you find it works sufficiently enough and is worth the benefit of not having it banned? Otherwise if it doesn't work then its pointless to use.

I give up my stance on it and I still won't use it but I was just wondering.

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 07:28 PM
If it doesn't work then why worry about using it?If it doesn't work then why worry about banning it?

Do you find it works sufficiently enough and is worth the benefit of not having it banned?Yes.

The point of my examples is not to show it does not work. The point is to show that it is not an "I win" button like it was, essentially, last year.

skipwondah33
08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
If it doesn't work then why worry about banning it?

Because I personally still feel its an easy out when "guessed" right. Obviously it still works when all stars are aligned I'm guessing but it still shouldn't be up to a button sequence to be able to stop a play, even if it is not overpowered.

Again its whatever everyone else chooses