PDA

View Full Version : The best offensive formation in the game is.....?

Tonka2785
09-16-2013, 11:25 AM
What do you guys feel is the best or most versatile formation in the game and why? I got two shotgun ace and pistol Ace. Those two tight ends are big in run game and pass game over the middle. Unless someone is using glitch blitzes you get good pass protection as well

morsdraconis
09-16-2013, 11:31 AM
5WR

Wanna blitz? First down, thank you. Wanna play Cover 3? Yawn, first down. Cover 0 with blitz and bump and run? Yawn, TD.

Tonka2785
09-16-2013, 12:28 PM
I been messing with 5 wide as well but out of empty spread to incorporate the option also. Do you mix it up with different 5 wide or have on formation you stay in all game?

morsdraconis
09-16-2013, 01:11 PM
I been messing with 5 wide as well but out of empty spread to incorporate the option also. Do you mix it up with different 5 wide or have on formation you stay in all game?

Pretty much just motion people to create the new formations. Overloading one side to isolate the other or something like that. It's all about running the slants, drags, crosses, etc and just abusing whatever coverage they decide to bring.

jello1717
09-16-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm a spread option guy who only uses SG formations (I have 27 different ones in my CPB). My favorite running formation is normal wing offset with 2 amazing read option varieties (including a motion R/O where the read guy is on the opposite side to fool users), a motion inside zone with the same presnap motion as the normal R/O, a HB dive (the most effective SG designed HB run) and an effective HB counter that's unique in the game as far as I've seen (the HB starts to the right of the QB and runs to the left behind the pulling RG and TE instead of running back to the right like a normal counter).

http://www.simsports.net/images/plays/NCAA14_Shotgun_Normal_Wing_Offset_Counter_Y.JPG

But the best, most versatile is SG Normal. It has great designed runs (inside zone, counter, QB wrap, QB power), options (dart R/O, counter R/O but I prefer the dart, midline option, inverted veer, WR motion option left and right, load option, speed option), jet sweep, HB and QB draws if you want. On top of that you can motion the lone WR who's on the strong side to the other side of the field (usually taking his CB with him) so you've got 3 WRs (and corresponding CBs) on 1 side and 0 on the other side (which is the side of QB wrap and power as well as the HB counter). To my knowledge it's the only SG formation that let's you do this.
On top of the awesome array or rushing attacks, SG Normal is one of the most versatile passing SG 11 personnel formations with lots of great concepts.

Tonka2785
09-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Yes I agree normal has great variety especially having 3 different qb run plays as well if you decide to motion the rb out, I also agree with dive being a big time run but buck sweep read option can do some damage as well out of normal hb wk

The U
10-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Double Tight Ace. No loaded sides to give away strength. Good for passing and running. No huddle.

dhook27
10-04-2013, 11:40 PM
5WR

Wanna blitz? First down, thank you. Wanna play Cover 3? Yawn, first down. Cover 0 with blitz and bump and run? Yawn, TD.
GTFO you havent played the game in years like you said and dont know shit

KCClassic7807
10-28-2013, 11:28 PM
I like to keep it's simple.. I-Form Pro. You can do so much out of it. Iso. Power. Play Action. Short passes to open the run... Run to open up the Play Action... K.I.S.S. (Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.)