PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 NCAA 14 OD: 2013 - Bowl Week

cdj
09-10-2013, 10:16 PM
The week will advance again on Friday night, September 13.

There are NO User v User Bowl Games.

Bowl Schedule:

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Ohio vs. New Mexico (Escobar)

New Orleans - FAU (cdj) vs. Texas State

Hawai'i Bowl: FIU (JBHuskers) vs. Wyoming

Little Caesars Pizza Bowl: Oregon State vs. Buffalo (Marlowe)

Armed Forces Bowl: LA Tech (ecirp) vs. San Diego State

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Army (gibo) vs. Colorado

AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Mississippi State vs. UTEP (HANDSWARD)

Rose Bowl Game Presented by Vizio: #3 UL Lafayette (marcotte) vs. #5 Washington

GoDaddy.com Bowl: #17 Northern Illinois vs. Georgia State (psusnoop)

Gone Fishing: UTSA (bjrod), Memphis (Xusemagru), Old Dominion (Deuce).

There are NO recruiting duties this week. Be prepared to do your offseason tasks this weekend.

Congrats to UTEP (HANDSWARD) & Heisman Trophy winner HB Nathan Jeffery!

psusnoop
09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Northern Illinois hammered me 52-23 by stuffing the ball down my throat for almost 400 yds rushing on 41 carries ouch!!

Marlowe
09-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Lol, welcome to my conference championship game, snoop.

HANDSWARD
09-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Congrats to UTEP (HANDSWARD) & Heisman Trophy winner HB Nathan Jeffery!

LOL, won the Heisman in a 60/40 timeshare backfield. Jeffery does get the red zone play so I'm sure his TD total is what won it for him. I wonder if the Junior will try to make the leap to the NFL or stay for his senior year. Either way, my 10-3 season should catch the eye of a few teams needing a coach. If I can finish up strong with a Liberty Bowl victory, I will likely take the best offer available to me.

I will get my game in tonight. And I will be available for the offseason this weekend.

cdj
09-11-2013, 04:16 PM
FAU rolls to a 31-13 win over Texas State in the New Orleans Bowl. The Bobcats were tough in the first half as it took a late TD for the Owls to go up 14-13 at intermission. Their little RB was tough, but he was really the only weapon they had offensively. IIRC, they were top ten nationally in interceptions and they did get three picks off me in the first half. FAU finishes the year with a 10-3 record and I am looking to bolt to bigger & better in the offseason!

HANDSWARD
09-11-2013, 07:11 PM
UTEP gets a win in the Liberty Bowl 37-21 over Mississippi State.

The Miners held their ground on a few drives early to force 2 long FGs that were both misses and take a comfortable lead into the half 24-7. Mississippi St fired back in the third quarter with 2 TDs to bring it to 27-21. However, on their second touchdown, QB Tyler Russell took a big hit while making an option pitch and suffered an injury that would remove him for the rest of the game. Sophomore Dak Prescott came into the game and was a sitting duck for the Miner Defense. With the Heisman winner grinding the clock out, and the Bulldogs inept on offense, the game ended without suspense.

Bulldog running back Ladarius Perkins had an outstanding game in the loss. He ran for 173 yards on 20 carries, seeming unstoppable at times. His 2 TDs were from 57 and 20 yards out. His counterpart, Nathan Jeffery, ended his Heisman season with a solid effort, snagging 141 rushing yards on 21 carries for 3 TDs. Miner faithful will be anxious to see if he stays for his Senior season.

UTEP finishes the season with an 11-3 record under first year coach Justin Patel. Fans are expecting big things next year with a roster full of returning Seniors, a highly rated recruiting class already signed, and a coach that has built up a lot of belief in the program. But one of those pieces may not be there, as rumors of Patel being one and done were floating around campus prior to the Liberty Bowl.

gibo
09-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Army wins Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl over Colorado ! It was a tough game, defense played well, but they couldn't tackle ! Maples led the Knights to victory !!!! Coach Gibson is ready to see what is offered !!!