PDA

View Full Version : Week 9, 2010

Oneback
08-07-2010, 12:54 AM
=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (6-1) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 41-7 against Texas (7-0).
This week, the Sooners travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (2-5).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Cory Herring has committed to Texas
- (***) FB Fred Hill has committed to Louisville
- (****) LE Anthony Robinson has committed to Texas A&M
- (*****) MLB Erik Cannon has committed to LSU
- (*****) QB Eddie Shelby has committed to Penn State
- (****) QB Micah Anderson has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== #25 Clemson Tigers (6-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 42-23 against Georgia Tech (6-2).
This week, the Tigers travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Justin Wilson has committed to Clemson
- (****) WR Aaron Woods has committed to Missouri
- (****) FS Adam Dixon has committed to Penn State
- (***) WR Cory Moore has committed to Clemson

=============== #5 Florida State Seminoles (7-0) ===============
Last week the Seminoles were idle.
This week, the Seminoles travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (2-5).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FB Kenny Robinson has committed to West Virginia
- (*****) LT Gene Horton has committed to Florida State

=============== #18 Miami Hurricanes (5-2) ===============
Last week, Miami won 41-23 against North Carolina (2-5).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Seth Higgins has committed to Miami
- (****) C Courtney Johnson has committed to Auburn
- (***) LOLB Derrick Macklin has committed to UCF
- (****) FB Kenny Robinson has committed to West Virginia
- (*****) LT Gene Horton has committed to Florida State

=============== #8 Michigan Wolverines (7-0) ===============
Last week the Wolverines were idle.
This week, the Wolverines travel to University Park to face the #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (7-0).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Andrew Hopkins has committed to USC
- (*****) RT Dedrick Clark has committed to Texas

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (7-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 31-6 against Purdue (4-3).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT David Herring has committed to Ohio State
- (****) FS Daniel Crowell has committed to Ohio State

=============== #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (7-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 32-25 against Minnesota (3-5).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host #8 Michigan (7-0).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Kyle Woods has committed to West Virginia

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (6-1) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech won 49-17 against Texas A&M (5-2).
This week, the Red Raiders travel to Austin to face the #1 Texas Longhorns (7-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) K Bruce Blanks has committed to Texas Tech
- (***) HB Brian Wilson has committed to Texas Tech
- (****) SS Zac Moss has committed to Texas Tech
- (***) C Jim Wade has committed to Texas Tech
- (****) HB Joe Williams has committed to Houston

=============== #11 USC Trojans (5-1) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans will host #15 Oregon (5-2).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Reggie Edwards has committed to Iowa
- (****) LT Andy Robinson has committed to TCU
- (****) LE Andrew Hopkins has committed to USC

=============== #4 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 56-28 against Duke (2-5).
This week, the Hokies are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Mike Holley has committed to West Virginia
- (****) HB Brooks Minor has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) CB Kevin Hurd has committed to Virginia Tech
- (*****) DT Brett Fine has committed to Boise State

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (7-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 41-7 against Oklahoma (6-1).
This week, the Longhorns will host Texas Tech (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Cory Herring has committed to Texas
- (****) LT Van Simpson has committed to Texas
- (*****) RT Dedrick Clark has committed to Texas

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (7-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 59-35 against Iowa (3-4).
This week, the Badgers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Cory Moore has committed to Clemson
- (****) MLB Justin Wilson has committed to Clemson

Iron Dragon
08-07-2010, 12:57 AM
I dread to see what my recruits thought of my game.. had like 10 in attendance, and obviously no one commited and we lost six more guys off our board with only one commit..

Oneback
08-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Snoop, when are you available to play? It would be best for me if we could do it this afternoon while my son is taking a nap or after the Hall of Fame inductions tonight.

psusnoop
08-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I can probably shoot for this evening to be safe. I might have another user vs user game at some point tonight too but that shouldn't change anything.

JeffHCross
08-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Ohio State has a scoop-and-score on the second series of the game, and rolls, 42-7. Only a handful of starters saw the field at all in the second half.

fsuprime
08-07-2010, 12:52 PM
btw i just hit season 2 if a minors OD, my first crop of 3*s really sucked hard, but the new crop (post tuner update) has some players i can already tell will be rated in the high 60s and low 70s which is nice, seems they really fixed it. QBs and HBs especially got some love.

Oneback
08-07-2010, 01:55 PM
In a game that featured 9 turnovers, 7 of which were interceptions Michigan walks away "victors" 42-7 over Penn State in Happy Valley.

Great game PSU, coming into the game I figured it would be one of our classic one point games but things got away from you there in the first quarter.

Did you have all your recruits there?

fsuprime
08-07-2010, 02:25 PM
FSU beats NC ST 42-10 Ponder throws for 233 and 3 TDs

Oneback
08-07-2010, 03:18 PM
All thats left is Escobar, texacotea, psuexv and IronDragonU

Iron Dragon
08-07-2010, 04:08 PM
#10 Oklahoma bounces back to beat UCLA 40-20.

Landry Jones threw for 351 yards and ran for 35, while Drew Allen had the only TD pass of the game to Dejuan Miller after Jones got shaken up.

DeMarco Murray carried the ball 18 times for 147 yards and 4 TDs.

Ryan Broyles had 8 grabs for 161 yards, while Miller had 6 receptions for 90 yards and a TD.

Oklahoma's defense recorded 12 TFLs, 4 sacks, and Jaydan Bird had a safety.

psusnoop
08-07-2010, 06:39 PM
No it ended up that only 3 or 4 recruits were in for this game, which is a good thing. Wow that first quarter could not have gone any worse for PSU. That fumble was a forward pass, darn it LOL.

I'm hoping we can rebound and make things interesting for a bcs bowl berth possibly but I have lot of things to evaulate now.

texacotea
08-07-2010, 08:24 PM
ill play later this evening

Escobar
08-08-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm playing my game now.

Oneback
08-08-2010, 08:35 AM
I am just waiting to hear back from IronDragon on his recruiting status. I assume he has recruited but I don't want to be wrong.

psusnoop
08-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Sounds good, looking forward to bouncing back and getting on the field after that last performance. GRRR....

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Looking forward to my BYE week :(

Then Penn State, Iowa, and Michigan. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Iron Dragon
08-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I did recruit but my internet dropped while I was doing it so maybe my file didn't send. I'll hop on after NASCAR goes off.

Oneback
08-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I've spent the day helping a friend build a new fence and am headed over to another friends to watch the cowboys game. I'll be home late.

psuexv
08-09-2010, 09:03 AM
USC shut down the Ducks triple option holding them to 118 total yards.

Bradford and Cable combined for almost 300 yards on the ground. Barkley did throw 2 picks though... got to tighten up his reads. I think Texas gets Oregon next.. Papa FYI - Clay Matthews Jr. is a stud.

Also they ran the Air Force playbook which I found odd. I've never seen a CPU team run a different teams playbook.

gschwendt
08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Also they ran the Air Force playbook which I found odd. I've never seen a CPU team run a different teams playbook.
The Oregon coach is the guy you replaced... it just kept his settings which is something we may want to look at somehow.

psusnoop
08-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Good point, is there an easy to revert back to the original setting without taking a team over then switching back?

Oneback
08-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Not that I have found.

psuexv
08-09-2010, 10:56 AM
That makes sense. It wasn't that big of a deal since Oregon does run the option but I think they run more of a spread option vs the Air Force playbook which was more triple option.

skipwondah33
08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah their offense is completely different than Air Force's offense. I believe their tempo is much quicker as well

Kingpin32
08-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah their offense is completely different than Air Force's offense. I believe their tempo is much quicker as well

It's much quicker, and I also think they were running a different defense as well. I think someone could switch teams and revert their settings back and then go back to their original team.

JeffHCross
08-10-2010, 07:20 PM
It's much quicker, and I also think they were running a different defense as well. I think someone could switch teams and revert their settings back and then go back to their original team.The question would be whether or not that person would lose their coach prestige and other items. Otherwise, yeah, someone switch to Air Force, change them back, then switch back.

We should also keep this in mind for the future, though once we get heavily into the dynasty it would make just as much sense to stay with our current offense/defense.

gschwendt
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Is anyone not running an OD on their own? If so, how about we just test it out by having them create a dynasty, add one or two of us, and then testing switching.

JeffHCross
08-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't have one running right now, G. I'll invite you momentarily.

EDIT: I'm thinking we should start an OD, advance a few weeks so we have a record, then test switch.

gschwendt
08-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't have one running right now, G. I'll invite you momentarily.

EDIT: I'm thinking we should start an OD, advance a few weeks so we have a record, then test switch.
I'll go ahead and join but about to head out hte door in a few minutes. I'll switch whenever I get back later tonight.

JeffHCross
08-10-2010, 07:52 PM
That's fine. I'm in and out tonight anyway. I'll advance it a few times, make sure we have a record to keep/lose, then it should be ready for you to test later on.

gschwendt
08-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Initial testing from Jeff & I tells us that we need to test it some more.

What he & I did was just simply swap teams back & forth, changing playbooks here & there, etc. The good news is that it retains your coach's record. The bad news is that in the way that we were testing it, there doesn't appear to be a way to get a CPUs team's playbook back to default. It's quite weird in that it swaps playbooks for whatever team you swap to. So, for example if I start as Georgia Tech, switch my playbook to Air Raid and then switch my team to Air Force, the good news is that I retain my Air Raid playbook, the bad news is that Georgia Tech now has the Air Force playbook. We went around in circles trying to test a way to get back to square one but couldn't figure it out... although I'm sure if we put pen to paper, we might be able to.

However, we're going to test the actual scenario we're in now... start an OD with a user and have him switch playbooks, remove him, and then see if another user can switch to that team and fix their playbook.

JeffHCross
08-10-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm initially inclined to believe that, without something extremely convoluted, the only way to restore Oregon's playbook will be for someone to switch to Oregon, switch their playbook back to Oregon, then drop out of the dynasty, then re-join as their original team (rather than Oregon).

gschwendt
08-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm initially inclined to believe that, without something extremely convoluted, the only way to restore Oregon's playbook will be for someone to switch to Oregon, switch their playbook back to Oregon, then drop out of the dynasty, then re-join as their original team (rather than Oregon).Yeah, that's the conclusion I just came up with myself (as I PMd to you). The problem with that is that whoever does that will lose coaching record and probably any promises they've made.

The best way to handle it is whenever the next person that has to step down does so, have one of our secondary PSN accounts join the OD as the vacant team, change their playbook, then leave.

JeffHCross
08-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Agreed. In the meantime, personally I'm okay with Oregon being Air Force. They're similar enough in scheme that I don't think Oregon's going to be hurt by it.

psusnoop
08-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Nice work guys and it makes sense to me. Using a secondary join then retire just may be the best way to go about it.

Thanks for all the work guys.

Oneback
08-11-2010, 06:48 AM
The best way to handle it is whenever the next person that has to step down does so, have one of our secondary PSN accounts join the OD as the vacant team, change their playbook, then leave.

This was my plan to fix it. Not that I think anyone will drop out but I know life happens.

skipwondah33
08-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Air Force doesn't pass the ball though do they? Hell atleast Oregon's offense threatens to pass lol. That probably will change their recruiting for this season at the minimum

That seemed like a cluster to figure out, kudos

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Air Force doesn't pass the ball though do they? Hell atleast Oregon's offense threatens to pass lol. That probably will change their recruiting for this season at the minimumIt shouldn't change their recruiting significantly, if at all. Air Force's playbook, in terms of plays contained within, is pretty similar to a Spread Option offense. The primary difference is that Air Force also has a couple Flexbone formations, but not that many.

It may change their position needs, but the needs should be consistent with what Guru saw as coach, so hoepfully the CPU is going to recruit properly for that.

Air Force is certainly run-first, but when they have a QB that they trust with the ball (Shaun Carney, 2007), they'll put up some numbers through the air. Not significant numbers (Carney had about 2/3 of what Masoli had last year), but decent numbers. Carney did have a better QB rating, surprisingly.

Also, for what it's worth, the Run/Pass balance of option teams isn't what we'd think it was anyway. A few weeks ago in our OD, Army had the leading receiver in the nation. :rolleyes: