PDA

View Full Version : Madden 25 Sales Down Significantly

CLW
09-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Holding out for next-gen or not happy with the series in general or a little of both?

http://www.operationsports.com/news/658554/madden-sales-down-significantly-this-year/

GatorfanStovy
09-07-2013, 01:20 PM
I think most people are holding out. But I dunno with game stop and some other stores letting u upgrade for 10 bucks why not just get it now . If I could I would. So it is a hard call.

Rudy
09-09-2013, 05:26 AM
I don't think it's holding out. Dropping 600,000 sales in the first week? Next gen Madden sales will total that across all systems maybe. Whenever a game sells significantly less I always view it as an issue with both the current game and especially the previous release. A lot of people were unhappy with M13 and the changes to franchise mode. I know a co-worker's kid was pissed off because he thought franchise was gone. I had to explain that it still existed and even afterwards the kid didn't like it. Offline franchise has always been a staple to a good portion of the buyers and the big change annoyed many. Plus when you sell 5 million+ games that is a lot of casual people. The new franchise mode might have been overwhelming to them.

There isn't any new great change for M25. They marketed run free but it was just a gimmick and people saw through that. The precision modifier is a gimmick. No reason to even have to hit L2 to do the moves we always could before. I think M25 is an improvement but it's just an evolutionary one that many may skip and did skip.

skipwondah33
09-09-2013, 09:11 AM
I think good portion held out as well, but a little of both.

Even I would have skipped current-gen had I not been in the leagues I've been in for past 5 years.

I contemplated it because I didn't want to have to buy the same game twice (this was far before it was announced of that deal they are doing)