PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 25 Ultimate Team Discussion

cdj
08-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Use this thread to discuss Madden NFL 25 Ultimate Team.

Pepsi Max has a nice promotion where entering codes from cases will give you packs; up to six, I believe.

The first includes AD, Aikman, & Mario Williams IIRC and all are 80/85.

JBHuskers
08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Got an 89 OVR Elite Frank Gore in my Loyalty Pack :up:

Bought an 89 OVR Elite Wes Welker for 13k coins as well.

Bought some packs, got a 89 OVR Elite Matt Ryan, and a couple good Gold and Elite card, but no Legendary ones.

It's interesting that the ratings are more stingy in MUT. You'll see Gold cards in the low 70's, Elite cards in the mid 80's.

CLW
09-01-2013, 11:39 AM
5-0 with my "early morning" strategy with a crappy 71 OVR team. There is ZERO defense in this game even with my crappy offense so I just clock manage and outsmart people which inevitably leads to my opponent forcing throws deep for ball hawk picks. Hopefully, I can finish this bad boy off although building my team to whatever OVR appears is going to be harder than I thought due to the amount of coins to buy packs. :smh:

CLW
09-02-2013, 01:51 PM
6-0. man people REALLY get pissy when you win the toss they score then you run the clock out scoring just before the end of the half and then take the entire 2nd half to kick a fg or score a td to win it never giving them the ball back. :nod:

HANDSWARD
09-03-2013, 02:25 PM
6-0. man people REALLY get pissy when you win the toss they score then you run the clock out scoring just before the end of the half and then take the entire 2nd half to kick a fg or score a td to win it never giving them the ball back. :nod:

LOL, MUT players think that clock running is cheese. All the more reason to do it.

I have employed a similar strategy to yours, except my team is rated 63. I have all my worst players in my lineup. I went 2-0 last night. Looking to get to 5-0 and get that playoff bye tonight. Nothing better than winning with Jimmy Clausen as your QB. Especially in the first game I played, where the dude had a stacked roster, but thought that running goal line offense all game was the way to win.

JBHuskers
09-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Did you get some PSN messages? :D

I have molded my team to have a Speed Rush chemistry on offense and a Man Defense chemistry on defense.

JBHuskers
09-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Bought my first legendary card last night. Got George Blanda for 27k. I wonder if I can use him at kicker too :D

I gotta play the Legendary Challenge to get his collectible then I get a ground and pound chemistry bonus. Right now my team is geared towards the speed run, but that's what is great about MUT, you can create multiple lineups.

I OU a Beatn
09-06-2013, 02:28 PM
How does the Ultimate Team Coins Up challenge work? I wanted to cash in on the Thomas card I had, but it's nowhere to be found. The Ray Rice is in my collectibles, but not Thomas. I can't cash in the Ray Rice one, either, though, as it's offering 0 points. :dunno:

JBHuskers
09-06-2013, 03:05 PM
How does the Ultimate Team Coins Up challenge work? I wanted to cash in on the Thomas card I had, but it's nowhere to be found. The Ray Rice is in my collectibles, but not Thomas. I can't cash in the Ray Rice one, either, though, as it's offering 0 points. :dunno:

You get however many coins are on the card + a certain amount of coins per TD they score in real life in week 1. After they play, then you can quicksell the card.

CLW
09-07-2013, 09:30 AM
8-1 finally ran into a decent player with a STACKED team and got CRUSHED with my little starter pack club but I got the first round trophy so I'm calling it a day with the playoffs. MUT seems allot more stingy with the coins and the buildup of squads yet that guy had a TON of legends on his squad. I'm guessing he spent the $45 (or however much it is) for the 50 pack bundle. :smh:

I OU a Beatn
09-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Luck of the draw. My team is 86 overall and I haven't spent a penny. If I have a weakness, I go after high rated players of my needed position in auctions. If I don't need anything specific, I just get the 7500 coins packs and I've had great success with those, unlike in NCAA where I never get anything.

CLW
09-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Luck of the draw. My team is 86 overall and I haven't spent a penny. If I have a weakness, I go after high rated players of my needed position in auctions. If I don't need anything specific, I just get the 7500 coins packs and I've had great success with those, unlike in NCAA where I never get anything.

Good lord how? Mine is 74 OVR and instead of the free pack for a week for Season Ticket like NCAA gives us its a single Card (Ray Lewis for me). I'm not getting many coins either from my 14-7 10-7 games. Either so its going to be a LONG slog or I'm just going to have to spend some money on my rental.

GatorfanStovy
09-08-2013, 12:41 PM
How do u guys start a new team? I didn't realize if you picked a certain team captain that you got their team color and uniform (oops lol)

Any one on 360 wants to play later send me a invite or live message. (stovy4x4ing)

CLW
09-08-2013, 01:17 PM
got my Superbowl trophy this a.m. love me some dominating kiddies early in the morning. :nod: working on the rest of the MUT trophies. How does the Chemistry thing work? my team's chemistry is really low now. Can you switch philosophies? etc....

CLW
09-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Well I now have ALL of the MUT related trophies and a pretty decent team (85 OVR). I'll prob keep my team just in case I can double up on PS4 trophies but if not I'll unload my entire team on the cheap if any of you guys are into MUT mode.

GatorfanStovy
09-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Nice work Clw.

I decided to keep my team as well I just wanted the 49ers uniform etc. I started my season games 3-0 so far. Man the people online are dumb. Maybe its because of low talented teams but they're not that great. Will play a few more tonight before i turn in. Just wish the lag was better . Not bad other wise.

CLW
09-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Nice work Clw.

I decided to keep my team as well I just wanted the 49ers uniform etc. I started my season games 3-0 so far. Man the people online are dumb. Maybe its because of low talented teams but they're not that great. Will play a few more tonight before i turn in. Just wish the lag was better . Not bad other wise.

Yeah I only played 1 guy that was really pretty good and his team was STACKED with HOFers all over the place so the guy clearly plays allot or spent allot of $. Its pretty much just don't turn the ball over and dink and dunk down the field and run the clock making it a 3 possession game.

GatorfanStovy
09-08-2013, 09:35 PM
That is what I noticed don't force turn overs.

I just lost my freaking win because the guy quit on me ugh . I was up 21-10 0ne minute in the forth ugh. Just finsih the game! Now I gotta win 2 more games again oh well.

nvm I got all the wins. Whew I thought I'd lose them once they quit. Man that's easy coins there. So far 4-0 . everyone quits either before half or just in the 3rd Qrt. Does no one know how to play football on these games ? oh well.

JBHuskers
09-09-2013, 04:57 PM
I've spent some pennies. I'm 88 OVR with 99 chem on Speed Run and Man Defense. No luck on H2H though, I'm 0-3 right now.

I OU a Beatn
09-09-2013, 05:50 PM
I've got an 88 overall team now having got Brady in a regular pack. I don't have any chemistry above a 35 though. How did you get it so high? Just focus on only getting guys for your wanted chemistry?

JBHuskers
09-09-2013, 06:07 PM
I've got an 88 overall team now having got Brady in a regular pack. I don't have any chemistry above a 35 though. How did you get it so high? Just focus on only getting guys for your wanted chemistry?

Yes. Auctioned off a few nice cards and built from there. You can't get 99 chem from just gold. You'll need a few elites and a coach with that specialty helps too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

GatorfanStovy
09-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Stupid lag! I got booted twice in the last few days for my season games ! This is not cool Madden! Get your shit together .. This is the reaosn I never play online but I thought I would give it a try. ugh.

Oh ya I just fucking tag with a loss because it booted me because of network shit! I was up 3-0 . Mother fudger Not cool EA.

Canes Fan
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Might be your connection, hasn't happened to me at all.

JBHuskers
09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Might be your connection, hasn't happened to me at all.

:+1:

GatorfanStovy
09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
It just sucks I got the lose .

JBHuskers
09-12-2013, 03:42 PM
I beat the first elite solo challenge where you have to get your defense at a 95 Run Stuff chemistry. I have sold off my Elite cards that I bought for that and earned enough coins to get cards for a 95 on Pass Rush for the 2nd elite solo challenge. It's a nice little challenge to sell off cards and try to get enough to qualify for those challenges.

JBHuskers
09-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I really dig the coin-up promotions where you choose between two players and guess who will earn you more coins.

JBHuskers
10-17-2013, 04:06 PM

I OU a Beatn
10-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Purchased and opened my Halloween pack for the day. D'Qwell Jackson, Quick sell 750 coins card, 2 bronze contract extensions, and 1 contact extension.:down:

JBHuskers
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Purchased and opened my Halloween pack for the day. D'Qwell Jackson, Quick sell 750 coins card, 2 bronze contract extensions, and 1 contact extension.:down:

I got a Ritchie Incognito most feared card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

I OU a Beatn
10-22-2013, 09:24 AM
So far I've opened 4 Trick or Treat packs and haven't received anything higher than an 81 overall D'Qwell Jackson. Hell, I haven't even received any coin cards higher than 750. It's been a complete and total waste thus far.

On the bright news, I finally pulled my next gen LP Tavon Austin, so I was able to collect that along with the SP version to get the 87 overall version. Going after SP and LP T.Y. Hilton next, I think.

JBHuskers
10-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I've pulled Suh and Clay Matthews Most Feared to go with Incognito so far.

CLW
10-22-2013, 05:18 PM
I really don't get the attraction to this mode at all but hey if you guys enjoy it more power to you. I whored it out for the trophies and it was a complete bore playing the random east room online garbage.

I OU a Beatn
10-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I really don't get the attraction to this mode at all but hey if you guys enjoy it more power to you. I whored it out for the trophies and it was a complete bore playing the random east room online garbage.

I never got into it until this year. Now I'm addicted. I don't spend real money, but I've been awfully tempted a few times. :D

CLW
10-22-2013, 05:57 PM
I never got into it until this year. Now I'm addicted. I don't spend real money, but I've been awfully tempted a few times. :D

LOL well I know it makes EA a TON of cash just by judging some guys teams with nothing but 99 OVRs. Me I take my season ticket packs and just use them which I end up with a team of 80-85 OVRs and then I get one great player to get the trophy and I'm done.

I just don't enjoy playing randoms online and I don't enjoy playing the CPU in a 3 min quick game. I prefer playing people I know in Online Franchise or the CPU in an offline franchise.

JBHuskers
10-23-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm up to a 92 OVR right now after spending coins to buy the collectibles to get the player of the week Vernon Davis 95 OVR card, and I upgraded my RT also last night.

I OU a Beatn
10-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Still an 87. It's hard to get high ranked players when you don't spend money. :D

One of the packs I got last night had a Deon Sanders collectible in it. I checked the auctions and they were all listed at 25,000+. I figured they were just there and no one was buying, so I just threw it up at 23,500 for chuckles. Must be worth something because it was listed for about 45 seconds before someone bought it. The hell did I just get rid of?

Also, new coin up game is up. AP or Jordy Nelson. That's a tough one. I lost a shit ton last week by going with Manning.

I OU a Beatn
10-23-2013, 08:27 PM
On like my 10th Trick or Treat pack, finally pulled a Most Feared Patrick Willis. I'd love to play with him when he turns 99, but I was lucky enough to draw his regular 91 card in a Pro pack a few weeks ago, and since he's going for 28,000+ coins, I guess I'll just sell him.

I really need to upgrade my secondary and my LE. Easily the weakest part of my team right now.

JBHuskers
10-24-2013, 11:20 AM
On like my 10th Trick or Treat pack, finally pulled a Most Feared Patrick Willis. I'd love to play with him when he turns 99, but I was lucky enough to draw his regular 91 card in a Pro pack a few weeks ago, and since he's going for 28,000+ coins, I guess I'll just sell him.

I really need to upgrade my secondary and my LE. Easily the weakest part of my team right now.

Yeah I'm tempted to just sell my Most Feared Cards since their rating isn't that great except for those three days. I highly doubt I'll finish that collection.

I OU a Beatn
10-26-2013, 03:39 PM
I have a little over 100,000 coins now and I'd REALLY like to get a nice RB or CB. I really wanted Marshall Faulk, but only 85 carry? That scares the hell out of me. I could also save some up and upgrade my Tom Brady with maybe a Steve Young. Decisions, decisions...

Canes Fan
10-26-2013, 04:24 PM
I pulled a Thurman Thomas and he sold for 200,000! So now my team sits at a 89 OVR

I OU a Beatn
10-26-2013, 05:52 PM
I went ahead and got Faulk for 99,000. Being a die hard Rams fan, I couldn't resist. Going after Revis and Sherman now to go along with Tillman, I think.

GatorfanStovy
10-26-2013, 10:06 PM
How in the heck do u have 99k coins ? damn. Also how long did it take u to save up or did u buy coins?

I OU a Beatn
10-26-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't buy packs with real money. Most of my coins are from luckily pulling really high value cards and then selling them.

GatorfanStovy
10-27-2013, 09:59 AM
OH ok I was just curious is all. I can't get any where in NCAA UT by getting loads of coins so hard luckly I have a descent team.

JBHuskers
10-28-2013, 09:19 AM
I pulled a 99 OVR Deacon Jones this weekend :nod: current value on auction is 500k, haven't decided if I want to sell or not. My team is pretty stacked now and the main card I want is the Deion 98 OVR, and I'm halfway to getting all the collectibles to unlock it.

I OU a Beatn
10-28-2013, 10:21 AM
You bastard. I'd probably give an arm for Deacon Jones. :D

JBHuskers
10-28-2013, 11:44 AM
You bastard. I'd probably give an arm for Deacon Jones. :D

I've bought a few packs, and oddly enough, this is the first legend that I have gotten out of a pack. I have a few on my roster, like Warren Moon and Marshall Faulk, but I got them with coins.

I OU a Beatn
10-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I have Marshall Faulk, but I just bought him with coins I had saved up. 87,000 I believe. Which pack did you buy that had the Deacon Jones in it? Just a regular pack or was it one of the bundles?

JBHuskers
10-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I have Marshall Faulk, but I just bought him with coins I had saved up. 87,000 I believe. Which pack did you buy that had the Deacon Jones in it? Just a regular pack or was it one of the bundles?

There were Legendary packs on sale on Saturday only.

I bought Faulk for 200k :smh: then a few weeks later the price goes down by half.

JBHuskers
10-30-2013, 06:45 PM
All of the Most Feared cards morphed to 99 OVR this morning. Playing with Marshawn Lynch right now. DAMN!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

I OU a Beatn
10-30-2013, 06:51 PM
I got rid of all of mine. :D

Saving up for a Steve Young. Getting close. He'll be an absolute BEAST against human opponents.

JBHuskers
10-30-2013, 06:57 PM
I have unlocked the Deion 98 OVR Legendary. Just gotta win 5 games to get him.

Back to Most Feared, the 99 OVR Revis is sick too.

JBHuskers
10-30-2013, 07:05 PM
My QB is currently Warren Moon. Might eventually upgrade to Marino or Young.

I OU a Beatn
10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Got Steve Young! I think I'll go after Megatron next.

JBHuskers
10-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Got Steve Young! I think I'll go after Megatron next.

Go for Steve Largent. GREAT stats and cheaper than Megatron.

GatorfanStovy
10-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Dude you can get Steve Young? Awsomeness! I'm waiting for next gen to M25 if at all. Too bad you couldn't get Young in NCAA UT.

JBHuskers
11-25-2013, 10:20 AM
This is pretty cool! A Thanksgiving themed set of cards and collectibles.

JBHuskers
12-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Good to see some kickers get some love on the TOTW items :up:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbJzIgCCYAAurxp.jpg

I OU a Beatn
12-16-2013, 05:14 PM
It really bugs me that I had enough coins a couple weeks ago to buy Randy Moss at around 300,000 and I decided not to because I thought he would go lower, so I upgraded my secondary a bit. Now he's routinely going for 800,000+. :smh:

I might just go with Jerry Rice and be done with it. Aside from speed, Rice has the statistical edge anyway.

JBHuskers
12-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Since I got Walter Payton, I sold my Legendary Marshall Faulk. Got enough coins to upgrade from Warren Moon to Steve Young at QB.

I OU a Beatn
12-17-2013, 04:42 PM
I have to laugh at the people who think they're going to run the coverage off with deep routes and then run with the QB (seemingly the vast majority of Madden players. Robert Quinn(GO RAMS!) and Cameron Wake have a little something to say about that. Nothing I love more than watching someone who tries to abuse the hell out of the AI squirm when they realize their only tactic isn't going to work. :D

JBHuskers
12-17-2013, 05:09 PM
I have to laugh at the people who think they're going to run the coverage off with deep routes and then run with the QB (seemingly the vast majority of Madden players. Robert Quinn(GO RAMS!) and Cameron Wake have a little something to say about that. Nothing I love more than watching someone who tries to abuse the hell out of the AI squirm when they realize their only tactic isn't going to work. :D

I had Deacon Jones (99 OVR) before I sold him to buy Walter Payton. Now I have Cameron Jordan (94 OVR) on one side and Cameron Wake BCA Edition (93 OVR) on the other side with a 95 OVR Suh in the middle. It's good against cheesers :D

I OU a Beatn
12-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I wanted Deacon just because he was a Ram, but his speed doesn't cut it. The Road to the Playoffs versions of Cameron Wake and Robert Quinn are both 86 speed, so I went with them. Robert because he's a Ram and another above 85 speed is great for an end, and Wake because he's the fastest LE. I've got Warren Sapp plugging up the middle and since I sit in 326 95% of the time, I'm pretty well set.

I'm going to eventually get rid of Revis and Sherman in the secondary and look for upgrades there, but it'll be awhile before I have enough coins to do what I want to do. It's not urgent because they're both very good pressing corners, I'd just like a little more speed out there. My next move is to get RTP Patrick Willis to go along with my RTTP Luke Kuechly. After that, my front 7 will be all set just how I want, and I can focus on the secondary.

Through 4 online games, I've outscored my opponents 79-7 and no one has made is past halftime, so I don't think any moves are necessarily NEEDED right now.

JBHuskers
12-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Deacon was the first (and only) legendary card I've pulled out of a pack. All others have been bought with coins.

I OU a Beatn
12-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Finished off the Super Bowl in Ultimate Team today. 11-0 with the average score of 22-4. :D

They all ran together because they all played exactly the same. Fast QB, read option until it's stopped, try to go deep to Rice/Moss. Talk about boring as hell after awhile. Super Bowl was the only game my opponent finished, 24-17 and I had the ball inside his 20 when it ended.

Didn't get any of the reward packs you're supposed to earn when winning playoff games and earning byes. Typical.

GatorfanStovy
12-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Fucking cheese i swear its the only way people or kids know how to play online. I can't wait to get xbox one and madden 25 again. Will be fun.

GatorfanStovy
01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Just have to say that coin price in Auctions are out insane and over priced. How does any ever afford a legend card or good QB rating over 90? Or other position for that madden . I just picked madden 25 finally for around 32 bucks at best buy. Starting to build my team again and win the UT super bowl and I'm 9-2 gunning for a first round bye.

GatorfanStovy
02-06-2014, 11:44 PM
http://www.muthead.com/register Has any one been to this site? Seem like a fun site to build a MUT team.

GatorfanStovy
02-11-2014, 09:20 PM
After playing about 3-6 hours of UT last night while staying up late on my night shift day off I finally got my team up to 81.. I had to spend about 1600 in coins to get all my starters back from expired games man that is annoying such money just gone.. After that I punch threw the road to play off AZ section and got about 16 worth of coins and bought some much needed upgrades at SS with a 96 Whitner and 90 rated RE Justin Smith! Should really help my pass russ and defense It's terrible when OP team has a higher raited Qb and just bombs it deep to a TE or post rout.

I swear tho MUT robbed of first play threw games like twice last night .. I stopped a 89 rated Seattle team on 4th and goald they line up for a FG , I call a time out they pass in it for six on next play :fp: after 2 tries i beat them with my 79 team.. So my next mission is to get threw another road to play off section and get a high rated QB or a higher rated wide out .. I'm running with an 80 Montana and old Rice and Moss both at 80. Need more speed on the out side. Davis at my TE .

ram29jackson
03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
haha that was funky..ps3 MUT pre-season games...if you play the team of the uniform you pick ..the AI/CPU team has your uniform and the exact same players you do..so I'm using the Browns uni and theres 22 guys running around with the uniform on