PDA

View Full Version : Connected Franchise Mode (CFM) pre-plannng- Madden 25

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 09:51 PM
This thread is for everyone to discuss their plans with CFM. With Season Ticket release at the end of next week I have some big plans.

So, what are your detailed plans?

Which team or teams will you be using?

Are you going to be an owner, player and/or coach?

Will you create yourself?

Will you take advantage of relocation or stadium rebuilding?

What will be your first task?

Are you importing NCAA rosters or going with the default draft classes (which gives you storylines)?

What are your choice of schemes and playbooks?

Will you take advantage of custom playbooks?

Will you play, coach, or sim (or all three)?

How many seasons do you plan to play?

Are you online or offline and if online are you in a league?

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Personally I plan on having at least two different CFM's.

1. Oakland Raiders... owner/main franchise
* I will talk more about this in a future post

2. TBA... owner / non-playing
* purpose: relocation
* current thoughts: New Orleans, Jacksonville, Miami, or St. Louis
* choice one: most likely to recreate the Houston Oilers
* choice two: possibly gauge the interest in OKC relocation

After I post my detailed Raiders franchise plans I will give another post about my relocation CFM plans.

GBRNation
08-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Owner of Vikings

My plan is to take the Vikings and implement a new spread offense. I have been using this in NCAA for four years and last year in Madden so I figure to have some .

I will definitely be building a new stadium but not relocating.

My first goal is to bring in a young mobile QB. I was thinking of trading for Denard Robinson and using him at QB or draft Taylor Martinez or Tajh Boyd.

Sent via Tapatalk

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Owner of Vikings

My plan is to take the Vikings and implement a new spread offense. I have been using this in NCAA for four years and last year in Madden so I figure to have some .

I will definitely be building a new stadium but not relocating.

My first goal is to bring in a young mobile QB. I was thinking of trading for Denard Robinson and using him at QB or draft Taylor Martinez or Tajh Boyd.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yeah Vikings are a great choice. The new stadium is self-explanatory. Are you going to move Ponder or does he still have a place on your team? Personally I'm not sold on the guy at all. If I did a Vikings franchise I would be tempted to unload Peterson (I know... blasphemy) and see if I could stock up on draft picks.

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Oakland Raiders franchise plans

Pretty much every year I run a Raiders franchise but I am very excited about this year simply because of the player turnover from last year. This Raiders team will probably be very weak so this truly is a rebuild. I will be playing as myself, a created OWNER who is a "lifelong fan," using my own custom sliders, playing 11 min quarters and plan on playing pretty much every game in my OFFLINE dynasty. Ideally I would love to play 10 seasons this year but we will see how it goes. Plus with the ps4 version I want to see what will happen there will file transfers. I will also be using the created draft classes simply because I want the draft stories. I think they are a huge part of CFM.

Playbook philosophy:
Defense: 4-3 (Raiders base book)
* based on the demo I may need to blitz a lot just to get pressure on the cpu D

Offense: Either the Raiders playbook OR my own custom playbook with a lot I formation plays (haven't decided just yet)
* my philosophy revolves around lots of short passes and lots of running plays
* I also love to work three RB's into the mix during a game (especially with McFadden's injury issues)

* for playbooks though I have not totally decided, I will probably use whatever playbooks the head coach uses. If I change the head coach I will change to the playbook of the new HC.

Coaching:

I like Dennis Allen but I'm not giving him a blank cheque just yet. Six wins or less and Allen is gone. 6-8 wins is a gray area. If Allen has 9+ wins and/or wins the division/makes the playoffs then his job is secure. If I do move away from Allen then I would be interested in making a play for Marv Lewis in Cincy. Since there are no coordinators that impacts the coaching situation as there are a few coordinators I would like to give a chance to see what they can do.

Stadium Issues:

The Coliseum is dilapidated and old (and yes I have been there for a game... it's nostalgic but old and outdated). For season one I have no plans for stadium rebuilding though I may throw the fans a bone with an upgrade or two. Season two or three I will play the stadium rebuild card. I want a strong team that is making good money before we rebuild. I will probably go with Deluxe Outdoor Stadium (#10). HOWEVER, if the twitter feed and fans aren't supporting me and what the team has been doing then I have an ace up my sleeve... RELOCATION TO... PORTLAND or SALT LAKE CITY. However, regardless if I move or not I will be keeping the name and the uniforms. Black and silver for life!!!

Top three questions/priorities for the team:

1. QB- yikes! I am not sold on Flynn, Pryor or Wilson, though I kind of have a soft spot for McGloin. To start the season I suspect Flynn will be QB. However, pre-season will be huge in deciding the fate of the starter. I will probably try to shop Pryor in the pre-season to see if I can get a pick for him. I really like Kirk Cousins. I tried to get him in MADDEN 13 but Washington would not bite. I will make a play for Cousins but it has to be the right deal. If I need to my first pick in the draft will be a QB but I would prefer not to have to use a pick for a qb as I really need some help on D.

2. McFadden- keep him or trade him for picks? I love the guy but every Madden he is injured most of the season. The problem is I have no depth at the position and F/A isn't very deep.

3. TE- weak! Yes I have Ausberry and two draft picks but I need TE''s in my offense and this is a concern. I may look to add FASANO to my team again as he was huge for me in madden 13.

Needless to say I will be looking a lot in the FA pool before the start of the season. I need some real depth as most positions are weak. Season one may be a long season.

GBRNation
08-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Yeah Vikings are a great choice. The new stadium is self-explanatory. Are you going to move Ponder or does he still have a place on your team? Personally I'm not sold on the guy at all. If I did a Vikings franchise I would be tempted to unload Peterson (I know... blasphemy) and see if I could stock up on draft picks.

Yeah I'm not sure. I feel like Ponder would be a solid backup. As a big Vikings fan, I can't put it to myself to trade AD even though he is aging. Nonetheless, I am excited to start.

Sent via Tapatalk

Rudy
08-15-2013, 09:21 PM
I will be using the Dolphins but not in owner mode. Just good old franchise mode. Offline only, no imported draft classes. I'd like to go back to the 3-4 and would have to edit a lot of players to do that. May stick with the 4-3. Hope to play five years or more. Depends on how much I like the game. I play all the real games and sim preseason.

jaymo76
08-16-2013, 02:58 AM
I will be using the Dolphins but not in owner mode. Just good old franchise mode. Offline only, no imported draft classes. I'd like to go back to the 3-4 and would have to edit a lot of players to do that. May stick with the 4-3. Hope to play five years or more. Depends on how much I like the game. I play all the real games and sim preseason.

Rudy, I figured with Miami you would go with owner mode simply to get the Dolphins a new stadium.

Rudy
08-16-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't care about setting prices and that stuff. I find that tedious and boring. I just love the team building, FA, scouting and drafting. I only want to do GM stuff.

jaymo76
08-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't care about setting prices and that stuff. I find that tedious and boring. I just love the team building, FA, scouting and drafting. I only want to do GM stuff.

Yeah I hear what you're saying. I'm not sure how much interest I have in prices but I will give it a try. I assume though that you can get the cpu to automate what you don't want to do? For me I really want to have the options with the stadium.

GatorfanStovy
08-16-2013, 01:00 PM
I will be jumping right into a 49ers franchise and et their 6 super bowl and finishing up there defense struggle with trying to a top cb in the next draft and another safety some how. And then a top wide out. Then creating my self as either a wide out or a Line backer not sure yet.

jaymo76
08-16-2013, 01:09 PM
I will be jumping right into a 49ers franchise and et their 6 super bowl and finishing up there defense struggle with trying to a top cb in the next draft and another safety some how. And then a top wide out. Then creating my self as either a wide out or a Line backer not sure yet.

The nice thing with SF is that after season one you will move into their new stadium. That's pretty awesome on behalf of EA.

GatorfanStovy
08-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Yea that will be nice. I wonder if there where be a big difference of looks though while playing? Outside of course there but the stands on field ?

jaymo76
08-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Based on the demo I really like the play of Seattle DE Bruce Irvin (#51). He's fast and agile off the end. I am going to make a play for him and see if the Seahawks bite. If a deal cannot be had, no worries but he would be a nice addition. One week today... can't wait!

jaymo76
08-18-2013, 12:36 AM
For my owner mode (no play) franchise I have narrowed it down to either St. Louis OR New Orleans. I have also decided that I will be recreating the Houston Oilers. Hopefully one of the uni options will be identical to what they used before moving to Tennessee.

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Damn. I had not even followed ANYTHING on Madden 25, I literally have no goddamn clue what was added for this year. I was gonna stick with '13 and wait a year or two before jumping back into Madden on the Xbox One. But with Owner Mode being added back in, one of my favorite modes from the PS2 days, goddamn you EA, now I have some decisions to make.

Has EA said if the Xbox One/PS4 Madden 25 will be the same as the 360/PS3 Madden 25? If everything will be exactly the same, then I may just hold off until sometime this winter and get it for Xbox One. With GTA V coming out next month, any playtime that Madden would get on my 360 after that point would be very little.

jaymo76
08-18-2013, 03:36 AM
Damn. I had not even followed ANYTHING on Madden 25, I literally have no goddamn clue what was added for this year. I was gonna stick with '13 and wait a year or two before jumping back into Madden on the Xbox One. But with Owner Mode being added back in, one of my favorite modes from the PS2 days, goddamn you EA, now I have some decisions to make.

Has EA said if the Xbox One/PS4 Madden 25 will be the same as the 360/PS3 Madden 25? If everything will be exactly the same, then I may just hold off until sometime this winter and get it for Xbox One. With GTA V coming out next month, any playtime that Madden would get on my 360 after that point would be very little.

EA has stated that ALL features on PS3/xbox will transfer to PS4/1. I am waiting until I see some video footage as proof but that's what they say. Personally I want to know if we can transfer our CFM from one system to another. I will not buy two madden's in one year if I cannot continue the same franchise.

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2013, 11:27 AM
EA has stated that ALL features on PS3/xbox will transfer to PS4/1. I am waiting until I see some video footage as proof but that's what they say. Personally I want to know if we can transfer our CFM from one system to another. I will not buy two madden's in one year if I cannot continue the same franchise.

Hmm. In that case, I may wait until the Xbox One comes out to buy Madden 25 then. I certainly don't want to buy it twice, and I'm trying to convert over to Xbox One on as many games as I can. About the only game between now and the Xbox One release that I'm gonna be buying is GTA V. Otherwise, everything else I'll get for the One so I'll have a decent starting library for it in the first couple months, make it worth the price tag of the system.

Rudy
08-18-2013, 12:21 PM
I personally think next gen Madden will be pretty close to current gen. I don't think there will be any huge improvements other than close ups on the graphics. I expect bugs and problems. We'll see. EA usually transitions poorly.

slocumfootball
03-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Rudy, I figured with Miami you would go with owner mode simply to get the Dolphins a new stadium.

Simmed the first year, picked up Ben Tate and maclin now dolphins offense looking good