PDA

View Full Version : Madden 25 Sliders

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Anyone interested in sharing sliders and slider tweaks post them here.

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Skill level: Custom/starting point ALL-MADDEN
options:
play clock run-off (15 seconds)
11 min quarters
playcalling- conventional
camera- standard (I personally like this as it reminds me of NCAA coordinator cam)

threshold: 50
fatigue: 65
injuries: 70
game speed: SLOW

Penalties:

offside: 100
false start: 70
holding: 75
facemask: 65
d pass int. 100
o. pass int. 100
kr/pr int. 100
clipping: 75
grounding: 100
rough passer: 54 (55 is too high)
rough kicker: 100

sliders: HUM vs CPU

qb acc. 20 /20 * minimal impact
pass block 25 / 25 * doesn't seem to work
wr catch 50 / 48 * there are a lot of drops if you go below 50
run block 50 / 50
fumbles 45 / 45 * doesn't seem to work all that often
pass reaction 50 / 50
ints. 30 / 30
pass covg. 65 / 75 * doesn't have a huge impact update: works a lot better on retail
tackle 52 / 52

These are still a work in progress. The game plays better with slider tweaks but the sliders are pretty weak this year IMO.

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 12:57 PM
FYI: I have not touched threshold because the zone D is pretty weak and the qb's are fairly accurate so I decided not to change the speed differences. Plus, speed backs already dominate in this game.

FYI 2: I haven't touched tackle because each RB is totally different. Ray Rice cannot run on me whearas I cannot stop Marshawn Lynch.

WolverineJay
08-14-2013, 01:36 PM
All - Madden Custom sliders

Accelerated clock on
Play clock run-off: 20 seconds with 12 minute quarters
Game speed: Normal (Just like NCAA anything other than normal speed results in RB stopping after receiving pitches and tosses, pathetic)
Speed threshold: 0 (Again just like NCAA 14 little to no breakaway speed in this game)
Fatigue: 50 (Not going to change this until I see that it works properly over the course of a Franchise game)
Injuries: 40 (Almost every hit stick tackle results in an injury especially if it occurs later in the game)

Penalties:

Offsides: 100 (Makes the CPU defenders shed more blocks and collapse the pocket better)
False start: 0 (Still happended to CPU lol, but helps calm down the OL)
Holding: 99 (I have seen 2-3 a game after switching to this number)
Facemask: 55 (Go too high and fumbles dry up)
Def PI: 50
Off PI: 0
KR/PR Int: 25 (Helps coverage on special teams)
Clipping: 55
Intl. grounding: 45
Roughing the Passer: 25 (Helps pass rush a little)
Roughing the Kicker: 25 (Helps coverage on special teams)

QB Accuracy 5 /20 I agree with Jaymo this is a weak slider since I still torched CPU with 5
Pass Blocking 10 / 0 I'm not really seeing much difference except the usual right side of the OL giving up on blocks more easily
WR Catching 45 / 55 CPU drops more than Hum so little bump there
Run Blocking 25 / 55 May have to bump CPU up some more thanks to 100 Offsides
Fumbles 25 / 50 Noticed that Hit Stick fumbles increase below default
Pass Reaction 10 / 90 Doesn't seem to really work maybe its backwards lol
Interceptions 20 / 40 I got a couple of these each game
Pass Coverage 40 / 90 Again pretty weak slider
Tackling 25 / 25 Might raise this up but then fumbles tend to increase too much for my liking

I will also say that the LE sack issue still seems to be a problem so I again will make roster edits to all LT's like I have to do every Madden so sad they put so little effort into tuning the pass rush in this game. I put backups into game for both teams my last game and it seemed to help some, I got 1 sack from Seattle RE Avril.

Enjoy and tweak as you feel necessary

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Upon reflection I think I am going to make a few changes to:

interceptions (moving to 35 hum/cpu)
tackling (I may nudge it up to 52 hum/cpu) - I don't want to stifle the running game
cpu pass block may need to be further reduced

I don't want to mess with reaction time as I fear this will mess up d and make the cpu d psychic.

jaymo76
08-15-2013, 04:59 AM
I made quite a few changes tonight to my sliders. The game is playing a lot better tonight. The biggest change is I have moved to slow gameplay from very slow. It just feels a lot better IMO. I have also managed to finally get a pass rush with cpu/hum pass block moved to 25. I have also set ints. at 30 because any higher and they are just too frequent. I may actually drop ints. to 20-25 just to stop the frequency.

I am going to play around with hum/cpu fumbles and cpu run block but other than that, I am feeling pretty good about my current set.

jaymo76
08-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Using my sliders above I had a very interesting game vs SF.

Final: SF 2 vs. BAL (me) 17

It was 2-0 SF at half-time before I finally got things going. Had Kaepernick not thrown so many ints. this game would have been different as Gore was chewing me up. After SF began to trail it was all passing and Kaepernick really struggled.

Game stats:

SF BAL

124 offense 163
71 rushing 78
53 passing 85
9 first downs 11
10 pr yards 13
22 kr yards 38
156 total yards 214
4 turnovers 1
8:04 possession 11:56

comparisons:

Flacco 10/15 94 yards 0 td 1 int (66%)
Kaepernick 9/18 82 yards 0 td 4 INTS!!!

Rice 19 / 70 3.6 ypc 2 tds
Gore 6 / 45 7.5 ypc

Highlights:
Bal 6 sacks SF 2 sacks
Lardarius Webb , 3 ints.

Outside of too many ints and the cpu teams not running the ball enough, I am pretty happy with my sliders at the moment. I will probably lower ints. in my next game to see if it makes an impact.

Rudy
08-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Jaymo I think you need to quit All-Pro and go to All-Madden. Cpu QB AI is shake in an EA football game at the lower levels and All-Madden is pretty balanced. Right now I'm making the sliders the same for both me and the cpu on All-Madden and getting balanced games. The only thing I'm doing is dropping QB accuracy and pass block to 15-20 and dropping INTs to 35. Everything else at 50 although I have fatigue at 60. Game played great in two games I had (still early).

jaymo76
08-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Jaymo I think you need to quit All-Pro and go to All-Madden. Cpu QB AI is shake in an EA football game at the lower levels and All-Madden is pretty balanced. Right now I'm making the sliders the same for both me and the cpu on All-Madden and getting balanced games. The only thing I'm doing is dropping QB accuracy and pass block to 15-20 and dropping INTs to 35. Everything else at 50 although I have fatigue at 60. Game played great in two games I had (still early).

Rudy, I don't think all pro or all madden is in effect once you change sliders. It seems as though as soon as you make slider tweaks it becomes custom. The game is set to all pro but if you go all madden the hum is 25 and the cpu is 50. As soon as you adjust sliders the levels are gone.

Rudy
08-16-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't truly understand Madden's slider and difficulty combination. It's like they have a global set and the difficulties shouldn't matter but I think they still do. I hate how they have their dumb hidden rules and combinations which makes it even harder to adhere too with the removal of some sliders. What I'm using is very similar to what you have. I'd be curious if you started at All-Madden and adjusted them if it would feel different to you. My difficulty drops to Rookie once I make the slider tweaks lol.

jaymo76
08-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Why it says "rookie" when you use custom is beyond me? Would "custom" not be a better choice? :fp:

jaymo76
08-17-2013, 02:15 PM
I tested moving ints. to 25 but it seems to make passing easier. I am moving ints back to 30 as the zone coverage seems better that way.

Rudy
08-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Most people tend to think INTs not only affects the DBs hands but also their aggressiveness. It's probably true although I see the hands as the bigger effect.

jaymo76
08-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Most people tend to think INTs not only affects the DBs hands but also their aggressiveness. It's probably true although I see the hands as the bigger effect.

Have you tinkered with pass/run reaction times or threshold? I made the decision not to touch either of those as I find them too unpredictable.

jaymo76
08-18-2013, 03:33 AM
Wow! What a game!!! I just played the best game since having the demo.

Baltimore (me) 20 - SF 17 OT

Passing:

Flacco 9/12 126 yards 1 td
Taylor 6/12 54 yards
Kaepernick 5/14 46 yards 1 int

Rushing:

Rice 21 / 91 4.3ypc 1 td 1 fumble
Hunter 8 /39 4.8 ypc 1 td
Gore 7 /57 8.1 ypc
James 3 / 16 5.3 ypc 1 td

I was down 17-10 with 3 minutes left and Taylor drove us down the field (thanks to two roughing the passer calls) and Rice punched it in to tie the game. In OT I hit a 49 yarder to take the lead and then my D my a stand on 4th and 1 to win the game.

If I could only get the cpu qb play to improve a little re: decision making, I would be set. As it is, my sliders are pretty much set heading into season ticket.

Rudy
08-18-2013, 07:01 AM
That's funny Jaymo. I just had the exact same result in OT with me winning 20-17 only I was SF. I played on All-Madden default for offense and made some cpu slider changes.

You know what is absolutely stupid? If you change ANY of the user sliders in All-Madden, even to make them worse, the difficulty automatically shows Rookie. Jaymo, did you play on All-Pro or All-Madden? Why don't you try starting at All-Madden, make your slider changes and see if the cpu is smarter. The default difficulties do change the user sliders but they don't touch the cpu sliders. I still think the default has an impact on cpu AI, specifically QB AI. Not 100% on that but I think it might help you.

I still feel user rushing is over-powered. It wasn't as bad as last game with Baltimore which still has a good front 7. I don't see any of Baltimore's DL in my backfield. I know SF has maybe the best OL in the NFL but I think it's a little too much. It could all be fixed if the run blocking slider was better. My SF defense got 6 sacks with cpu pass block at 25. I don't think pass rush is a real problem at this point.

jaymo76
08-18-2013, 01:31 PM
That's funny Jaymo. I just had the exact same result in OT with me winning 20-17 only I was SF. I played on All-Madden default for offense and made some cpu slider changes.

You know what is absolutely stupid? If you change ANY of the user sliders in All-Madden, even to make them worse, the difficulty automatically shows Rookie. Jaymo, did you play on All-Pro or All-Madden? Why don't you try starting at All-Madden, make your slider changes and see if the cpu is smarter. The default difficulties do change the user sliders but they don't touch the cpu sliders. I still think the default has an impact on cpu AI, specifically QB AI. Not 100% on that but I think it might help you.

I still feel user rushing is over-powered. It wasn't as bad as last game with Baltimore which still has a good front 7. I don't see any of Baltimore's DL in my backfield. I know SF has maybe the best OL in the NFL but I think it's a little too much. It could all be fixed if the run blocking slider was better. My SF defense got 6 sacks with cpu pass block at 25. I don't think pass rush is a real problem at this point.

Yeah for this game I started on All Madden and then did slider tweaks. I'm not sure in all honesty is it was harder or not. Cpu rushing was strong and passing was weak, but that's pretty much what I have seen all along. Now I play a ton of man because zone is pretty junky so maybe that explains the passing results???

Rudy
08-18-2013, 04:45 PM
EA Tiburon has no clue how to do sliders right. Their current attempt at global sliders is similar to 2K which had a better approach. Where EA is stupid is that the difficulty presets only affect the user sliders. They don't change the CPU sliders for any level. How does that make any sense? Since they removed the defensive block shed and pass rush sliders, the CPU offence in terms of run blocking, QB accuracy and WR catch is the same on all levels. It's put together so poorly I have little hope for better sliders if the same people are in charge.

Rudy
08-22-2013, 05:38 AM
So what are your guys thoughts on the coverage sliders? I still think the pass reaction slider is fairly useless but I haven't played with it much.

WolverineJay
08-22-2013, 04:14 PM
So what are your guys thoughts on the coverage sliders? I still think the pass reaction slider is fairly useless but I haven't played with it much.

Well 100 CPU Pass Reaction works in M12 and the lower you go the worse the pass defense becomes.

However, in M13 the CPU Pass Reaction slider was backwards in my testing. Putting the CPU at 100 made the pass defense pathetic and stayed pathetic all the way down to 20. I think the slider works fine somewhere between 12 and 20 almost too good for defensive teams like 49ers, Bears, and Ravens.

In the M25 demo putting Pass Coverage at 10, 25, 50, 75, and 100 has shown me that the higher you go the better the coverage especially zone defense. But it still isn't a very powerful slider (typical EA Tiburon). The CPU Pass Reaction slider I feel is backwards again in the M25 demo. I noticed better reaction for the CPU defense when I had it in the 10-25 range as opposed to 100. In the 100 Pass Reaction and Coverage game, I won 34-28 in OT over the 49ers :smh: (I broke the NFL record for Flacco 576 yards 35-44 passing with 5 td's).

I would love it if Jaymo and others with the Season Pass would test the CPU Pass Defense Sliders thoroughly using same two teams in Franchise.

Rudy
08-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I think the pass reaction slider was backwards last year too but it was so weak I really had a hard time if it did anything at all let alone backwards. I know one guy ran tests on out routes and felt it was definitely better coverage with it lower but some other routes had mixed results. I will just leave that alone and play with the coverage one. That is the one good thing they did this year was add that slider.

Rudy
08-25-2013, 12:15 PM
So guys, are your demo sliders working well or no? Any further thought in this area?

CLW
08-25-2013, 12:46 PM
I've read posts indicating many of the sliders are broken (i.e. they don't work). IF I could find a set that worked better than NCAA I'd be interested in the game but from what I have tried thus far its basically the same game (no defense) with NFL Franchise mode instead of Dynasty mode.

Rudy
08-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I've read posts indicating many of the sliders are broken (i.e. they don't work). IF I could find a set that worked better than NCAA I'd be interested in the game but from what I have tried thus far its basically the same game (no defense) with NFL Franchise mode instead of Dynasty mode.

I personally don't feel that way just by comparing the demos. In NCAA I felt it was very offensive driven with the average yardage per play very high. With sliders I found M25 to be a lot less offensive. I will agree that some sliders need to be a lot stronger - like the run blocking slider since run blocking is overpowered at default.

I guess the good thing is that the two games are different enough where I have read people argue they like the feel of one game over the other.

jaymo76
08-26-2013, 01:29 AM

Based on the amount I have played there is a lot more defense in Madden, especially if you make custom sliders. It's not great, far, far, far from it but it is better than NCAA IMO.

Rudy
08-26-2013, 05:21 AM
In the demo I saw a cpu kicker hit a 62 yarder with a couple to spare. I had come up short on a 50 yarder with someone once. So this morning I lowered the arrow and when I tried to hit a 50 yarder it went easy. I remember in M12 you had to lower the arrow to get more distance which makes sense although I don't know if I'll ever see a block. They removed that from M13 iirc. If you lowered the arrow last year it fell shorter. I think it's back to the way M12 did it.

Rudy
08-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Interesting tweets from one guy who says there is a trick with the sliders and difficulty to make the cpu tougher.

1) Set user and cpu sliders and save.
2) Go back and change difficulty from Custom to All-Madden.
3) Re-load slider set.
4) Go to Profile and Save.

It's supposed to make the cpu stronger via @NYGiants4Natic. (Can't remember how to embed tweets lol - there are like 4 of them)

jaymo76
08-27-2013, 02:51 AM
Last night I noticed that my sliders said custom so I changed them back to all madden (but still the same slider adjustments). Since then in my Ras franchise I have lost two straight!

Here is a breakdown from my last game vs. the Panthers

Rams 17 Panthers 23

220 offense 366
79 rushing 173
141 passing 193
9 first downs 18
371 total yards 423
13:01 time of possession 30:59

jaymo76
08-27-2013, 03:11 AM
I have played around with auto subs a little but and truthfully I find that they don't work all that well.

Rudy
08-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Auto subs work OK but you get the disappearing RB depending on your settings. I had fatigue at 62 with RB at 75/85 and David Wilson disappeared in the 4th quarter for the Giants.

I'm not sure what to put my human coverage sliders at. It's going to take me awhile to figure out exactly where I want certain things.

Edit: I think I'm pretty close now. I'm sure it will need further tweaking but I don't see major changes (hopefully).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArB9QSYxv2ZGdHdfMWdZT2tUM21Kd1ZQeUVGSXRxd mc#gid=0

JBHuskers
08-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Has anyone set up some sliders and shared them yet?

Rudy
08-28-2013, 12:31 PM

I haven't. It's a bit of a pain I think because you have to download two files for the sliders (user and cpu). They do list DL ratings on their section for rosters and what not but I don't think they let you rate them. I downloaded this one roster file and it was terrible (healthy starters on bench).

JBHuskers
08-28-2013, 01:58 PM
I've just been playing on default sliders right now. Haven't made any changes yet after a few games, but once I get my CCM with CDJ going, along with solo CCM I'm doing with Da Bears, I'll see what needs to be changed.

jaymo76
08-28-2013, 03:52 PM

I haven't uploaded them yet but what I have posted on page one is what I am currently using. I'm getting some pretty good games.

options:
11 min quarters
camera- standard (I personally like this as it reminds me of NCAA coordinator cam)

injuries: 68

Penalties:

d pass int. 100
o. pass int. 100
kr/pr int. 100

run block 50 / 50
fumbles 45 / 45
pass reaction 50 / 50
ints. 30 / 30
pass covg. 65 / 75
tackle 52 / 52

JBHuskers
08-28-2013, 04:21 PM
:up:

If you upload, gimme a holler and I'll download.

jaymo76
08-28-2013, 05:45 PM
JB, out of curiosity, do you find the Madden gameplay better than NCAA this year? I know like most of us you are a big NCAA guy but for me this year Madden (with MAJOR SLIDER TWEAKS) seems to play a much, much better, cleaner, more natural game of football.

JBHuskers
08-28-2013, 11:28 PM
JB, out of curiosity, do you find the Madden gameplay better than NCAA this year? I know like most of us you are a big NCAA guy but for me this year Madden (with MAJOR SLIDER TWEAKS) seems to play a much, much better, cleaner, more natural game of football.

I've yet to play with sliders. With the new share feature, I was just waiting for a good set to use :D

So once you upload yours, let me know :nod:

I've played mostly MUT games and a couple of CCM games.

Rudy
08-30-2013, 05:03 PM
I did upload my sliders. Still don't see why they would put user and cpu as separate. They are still integrated and need to be kept together.

WolverineJay
09-01-2013, 02:20 AM
options:
11 min quarters

injuries: 70

Penalties:

d pass int. 100
o. pass int. 100
kr/pr int. 100

run block 50 / 50
fumbles 45 / 45 * doesn't seem to work all that often
pass reaction 50 / 50
ints. 30 / 30
pass covg. 65 / 75 * doesn't have a huge impact update: works a lot better on retail
tackle 52 / 52

These are still a work in progress. The game plays better with slider tweaks but the sliders are pretty weak this year IMO.

jaymo just some quick impressions and some friendly advice after I tried your sliders for 3 games (2 pre-season games and 1 regular season game) of Franchise mode. I had a ton of face masks penalties the 1st 2 games so in the 3rd I lowered face masking down to 58 and it helped a good bit. I went from about 10 in each of the 1st 2 games down to 3 in my last game. I had 12 sacks and then 3 but the last game went back up to 8. I rarely blitz so mostly scramble sacks, coverage sacks, and just D Lineman dominating the O Lineman 1 on 1. I have no idea why but your slider set was causing the CPU to over use the Hit Stick tackle compared to my set. I think it may have to do with the penalty sliders since my penalty set is drastically different in KR/PR Interference (30), Roughing the Passer(10), and Roughing the Kicker(30). If you are up to it might want to mess with those and see if it tones down the big hits. I played Broncos and Rams pre-season game in one of my CF's and the Broncos CPU defense was hit sticking me every chance they got 1 on 1, including their small cb's. It just felt like an arcade game with all those big hits, who knows but maybe one or all of those penalties are screwing with the aggressiveness of the CPU. I will say that there isn't as much difference to me in game speed between slow and normal as past years. I played on slow when I used your sliders and I noticed the stopping on tosses and pitches for HB's and the occasional stopping after catches in the open field which I got when I played on fast with NCAA. I never see that stuff on normal game speed.

HANDSWARD
09-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Here are mine if anyone wants to give them a try.

League Settings:
Difficulty: Set to All-Madden to start before adjusting sliders.
Quarter Length: 11 min
Accelerated Clock: 13 Seconds
Game Speed: Normal

Skills: HUM / CPU
QB Accuracy: 6 / 10
Pass Blocking: 40 / 50
WR Catching: 35 / 45
Run Blocking: 5 / 10
Fumbles: 20 / 25
Pass Defense: 50 / 55
Interceptions: 35 / 40
Pass Coverage: 50 / 80
Tackling: 50 / 50

Special Team:
FG Power: 45
FG Accuracy: 5
Punt Power: 45
Punt Accuracy: 5
Kickoff Power: 52

Options:
Injuries: 55
Fatigue: 55
Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties:
Offside: 60
False Start: 55
Holding: 60
Facemask: 55
Def Interference: 70
Off Interference: 75
Punt Catch: 70
Clipping: 55
Intentional Grounding: 65
Roughing Passer: 50
Roughing Kicker: 50

jaymo76
09-01-2013, 03:55 PM
jaymo just some quick impressions and some friendly advice after I tried your sliders for 3 games (2 pre-season games and 1 regular season game) of Franchise mode. I had a ton of face masks penalties the 1st 2 games so in the 3rd I lowered face masking down to 58 and it helped a good bit. I went from about 10 in each of the 1st 2 games down to 3 in my last game. I had 12 sacks and then 3 but the last game went back up to 8. I rarely blitz so mostly scramble sacks, coverage sacks, and just D Lineman dominating the O Lineman 1 on 1. I have no idea why but your slider set was causing the CPU to over use the Hit Stick tackle compared to my set. I think it may have to do with the penalty sliders since my penalty set is drastically different in KR/PR Interference (30), Roughing the Passer(10), and Roughing the Kicker(30). If you are up to it might want to mess with those and see if it tones down the big hits. I played Broncos and Rams pre-season game in one of my CF's and the Broncos CPU defense was hit sticking me every chance they got 1 on 1, including their small cb's. It just felt like an arcade game with all those big hits, who knows but maybe one or all of those penalties are screwing with the aggressiveness of the CPU. I will say that there isn't as much difference to me in game speed between slow and normal as past years. I played on slow when I used your sliders and I noticed the stopping on tosses and pitches for HB's and the occasional stopping after catches in the open field which I got when I played on fast with NCAA. I never see that stuff on normal game speed.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate constructive dialogue. I should mention that did actually turn down facemask to 57 because it was too frequent (forgot to update my post). As to the hit stick it is just nuts. I agree with you that somehow penaty sliders change how the game plays. It should not be that way but this is just another in a long list of tiburon issues. I think it's crazy also that if you create your custom sliders from all madden you have to manually ake sure it says all madden rather than custom before you play or else the cpu just plays dumb... how does that happen???

I just feel the game plays out a little more natural on slow. Plus it give me more time to see how plays get set up. My passing has never been great so I appreciate the extra set-up time.

Looking forward to see what you post for your set. Cheers!

Rudy
09-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Hansward - those look pretty good but FGA at 5 will mean the cpu will shank a ton of kicks. I found at 40 they started missing quite a bit. It's unfortunate we can't fix this with separate sliders in franchise. I do think the cpu has a slightly stronger leg than the human but not 100% sure. Kick power rating has a huge effect.

HANDSWARD
09-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Hansward - those look pretty good but FGA at 5 will mean the cpu will shank a ton of kicks. I found at 40 they started missing quite a bit. It's unfortunate we can't fix this with separate sliders in franchise. I do think the cpu has a slightly stronger leg than the human but not 100% sure. Kick power rating has a huge effect.

I haven't seen the CPU miss any kicks yet with it at 5 and I have played through almost two seasons in Franchise mode. Although I will admit that I haven't seen the CPU attempt a kick longer than 35 yards. My defense is very much bend but don't break. If the CPU gets across midfield against me they likely end up with a goal line situation.

Rudy
09-02-2013, 05:53 PM
I should say I only know how the slider was working for me in Play Now. The special teams sliders are separate there but bumped together in franchise. Maybe they are different or broken in franchise?

CLW
09-02-2013, 06:15 PM
I used the toughest combo between Rudy's and Handsward. Pre-season week 1 Oakland (me) 49 Dallas (CPU) 13. Wasn't even that close as I fumbled twice on the goal line. So I'm going to have to bump up the CPU pass blocking and defense some more. I'm afraid the game may just be broken for me in both NCAA and Madden this year.

Rudy
09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
I've read some complaints about the really good gamers finding the game too easy again. M13 had the same complaints. EA needs to go back and separate difficulty from sliders for Madden. This attempt at global sliders is possible but you have to really spend time tuning the game and sliders to make it work. EA just throws sliders together with very little testing.

WolverineJay
09-03-2013, 04:45 AM
I'm not bragging, I am disgusted with what just happened.

I played week 3 pre-season with my latest futile attempt at M25 sliders. NY Jets at NY Giants (me)
Sliders: HUM/CPU
QB Acc 4/10
P Blk 0/25
WR Cth 41/55
R Blk 0/ 40
Fum 40/40
P Rct 14/95
Int 24/35
P Cov 37/100
Tack 25/50

Global Sp. Tms
FG Pow 47
FG Acc 1(Not a typo like Hartman stated no missed kicks from either HUM or CPU. This slider does not work at all.)
Punt Pow 53
Punt Acc 95
Kickoff 47

12 min Qtr, Acc clock on with 20 sec run off, Normal speed, 50 threshold, 42 Inj, and 60 Stam

I won 66-34 and kneeled on the ball deep in Jets territory to end the game. I saw what the Houston Texans saw in David Carr at QB when they selected him No.1 overall many years ago. I had very little pressure on me the whole game and I didn't apply much pressure on the Jets QB's either(but I did injure G. Smith).

Team Stats: Jets/Giants
Total Off: 433/626
Rush Yds: 191/275
Pass Yds: 242/351
1st Downs: 18/17 (Too many big plays)
PR Yds: 0/71
KR Yds: 92/193
Total Yds: 525/890
Turnovers: 1/1/apple (yum)
3rd down: 33%/90% (No 4th down tries or 2 pt attempts by either team)
Penalties: 3 for 25 yds/ 3 for 30 yds
Possession Time: 22:44/25:16

Player stats: NY Jets/NY Giants
Start QB: G. Smith 4-5, 54 yds 0,0 26 long/ Manning 6-7, 61yds 1,0 19 long
Back up QB: M. Sanchez 21-30, 205 yds 1,1 35 long/ D. Carr 14-15, 296 yds 5,0 60 long

Start HB: Goodson 6-23 0,0 14 long/ Wilson 5-24 0,0 10 long
Back up RB's: C. Ivory 12-163 2 td,0 71 long td/ A. Brown (Inj) 8-58 0, 1 fum 32 long, D. Scott (Inj) 8-56 24 long, M. Cox 10-129 3,0 59 long td
1-4 for G. Smith (injured on play)/ 2-8 my FB

Top Receiving Jets:
H. Smith 6-69 0 td, 0 drop, 26 long
T. Mayo 4-75 0,0 35 long

NY Giants Receiving star:
J. Jernigan 7-138 2 td, 1 drop, long 50 td

Defensive Stars Jets:
Q. Coples 9 tackles(1 for loss), 1 sack
D. Davis 5 tackles (2 for loss)
N. Bellore 1 Tackle, 1 FF, 1 td (He caused a fumble, picked it up and rumbled 20 yds for easy TD)
Misc. team defensive stats: 1 sack, 0 int, 0 pass def, 1 Forced Fum, 1 def td

Defensive stars Giants:
M. Herzlich 7 tackles (1 for loss)
C. Jenkins and J. Tuck had 1 tackle (1 for loss), 1 sack
J. Hosley 4 tackles, 1 Int, 1 pass def
Misc. def team stats: 2 sacks, 1 Int, 2 pass def, 0 FF, 0 def td

Sp. Tms Jets/Giants:
FG Kick: O. Mare 2-2 47 yd long/J. Brown 1-1 32yd long
Punt: R. Malone 3-131 44 yd long/ 0 punts again
Kick Ret: McKnight 1-28, M. Goodson 1-26, C. Gates 2-38/J. Jernigan 6-193, long 60 yd
Punt Ret: Only Giants J. Jernigan 3-71, long 25 yd

Boy, that was tedious to write out, probably never do that again lol. I have new found respect for anyone who takes the time to write out stats from there EA Football games.

I am really lost with my slider set this year. I have already started over from scratch 3 separate times, although each time they end up looking quite similar. I may just end up selling Madden 25, I don't know what EA Tiburon was thinking when they tuned this game on All-Madden. I am not the greatest Madden player by any means, and I am just venting my frustration at this point. I have a challenging set from M12 that makes it darn near impossible for me to win more than 12 games a season. I recently played that and lost 34-28 to the Bengals using the Steelers (yr 4 of Franchise I believe) so I know Tiburon can make All-Madden much tougher. I never feel like I can't score in M25, which for me makes the game boring as hell. I mean I love the highlight plays I am getting but there is just too many of them. I have gotten really good at using the L2 modifier trigger by itself in the open field as an old Walter Payton scissor kick stutter move (stop and go). I made catch over the middle with T. Austin WR Rams and used L2 to stutter step and the 2 defenders ran right into each other and off I went for 75 yards it felt great. Those moments make me want to love M25 but when I don't have to try and can still put up 40+ points a game then we have a problem. EA Tiburon football has always been more arcade but this is ridiculous. Sorry about the ramblings just at my wits end with this game and don't know what to do, maybe I need a break.

HANDSWARD
09-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I used the toughest combo between Rudy's and Handsward. Pre-season week 1 Oakland (me) 49 Dallas (CPU) 13. Wasn't even that close as I fumbled twice on the goal line. So I'm going to have to bump up the CPU pass blocking and defense some more. I'm afraid the game may just be broken for me in both NCAA and Madden this year.

I use the Steelers in my Franchise and Big Ben got hurt for the season in year 1 and was hurt for 10 games in year 2. So playing with Landry Jones as QB, I was getting really competitive games. Just got Ben back for the playoffs in season two and I smoked the competition en route to a Super Bowl. Made some more slider tweaks along the way to try to make it harder but I don't think it is possible to get CPU gameplay right this year. I made the decision last night to switch to MUT. Won't be touching Franchise again this year.

jaymo76
09-09-2013, 07:59 PM
It seems as though punt return coverage slider MAY impact BIG HITS. I moved it to 50 and all of a sudden all of the big hits are gone. This leads me to believe (as in confirms for me) that Tiburon honestly does not know how sliders impact the game. However with the big hits gone the zone coverage becomes even looser... frustrating!

WolverineJay
09-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Well after taking a few days off and then reading up on different slider sets mostly on OS. I have found a decent slider set for me and will make a 32 team offline Franchise. I am still seeing to much scoring but I finally got the CPU pass defense to play tighter and more aggressive thanks to tinkering with the CPU Pass Coverage slider. It is backwards to a certain level then becomes easy again to pass all over the CPU. The magic number seems to be 15 CPU Pass Coverage because at 25 or 20 I found passing too easy same goes for 10, 5, and 0 for some reason. I think 12-18 seems like the acceptable range to get tighter, more aggressive coverage from the CPU.

WolverineJay
09-10-2013, 02:01 AM
All-Madden 75 and under rule sliders

Accelerated clock on
Play clock run-off: 20 seconds with 12 minute quarters
Game speed: Normal (Using normal speed prevents RB stopping after receiving pitches and tosses)
Speed threshold: 50 (Breakaway runs happen much more frequently in Franchise games than in Play Now or Practice sessions)
Fatigue: 58 (I like this in the 56-60 range for a Franchise game)
Injuries: 38 (I still see plenty of injuries at this setting although most are minor ones)

Penalties:

Offsides: 95 (Makes the CPU defenders shed more blocks and collapse the pocket better) (You can get the CPU to jump early from the occasional hard count at this setting)
False start: 25 (Still happens to both CPU and HUM while trying to abuse the hard count)
Holding: 99 (I have seen 3-6 a game using this setting some on kick returns and some on actual offensive plays)
Facemask: 56 (Go too high and fumbles dry up) (I get 1 or 2 a game using this number)
Def PI: 30 (Helps tighten the coverage up seems like the sweet spot for me)
Off PI: 100 (Helps slow down the route running abilities of TE's)
KR/PR Int: 35 (Helps coverage on special teams and does slightly tone down the aggressive hits)
Clipping: 75 (Don't seem to get many regardless but haven't seen one called at any other number)
Intl. grounding: 100 (More like a QB awareness slider to me so I raise it all the way up to help CPU)
Roughing the Passer: 5 (Helps pass rush and pursuit of QB in open)
Roughing the Kicker: 35 (Helps coverage on kick returns mostly)

Sliders: HUM vs CPU skill

QB Accuracy 3 / 10 (I see Accuracy differences between great and average QB's at 3. If the receiver is open no need to use precision passing just press button I find to be true.)
Pass Blocking 2 / 2 (I'm not getting too much pressure with 2, but the CPU seems to get decent pressure especially if they have stud pass rushers)
WR Catching 35 / 50 (The CPU drops more than the Hum at default so I lower the Hum down. I usually get 1-4 drops at this level almost all drops are after contact)
Run Blocking 0 / 20 (Running in this game is too easy so severe limitations must be put on the Hum run game) (The CPU can still run free at 20 especially the greats like Peterson)
Fumbles 35 / 35 (Well timed Hit Stick fumbles and strips of the QB can happen at a realistic rate using 35)
Pass Reaction 45 / 100 (I noticed much better reaction to the ball in the air the higher I went and 45 is good amount for the HUM. The CPU needs 100 or passing is too easy)
Interceptions 15 / 41 (I usually get 1or 2 each game using this number)
Pass Coverage 15 / 15 (I truly believe that 15 is the sweet spot for coverage. I am seeing much tighter coverage on all routes and in zone coverage nearer the goal line)
Tackling 25 / 62 (I seem to tackle fine with 25 but HUM run game is too easy with CPU at 50 so I raised it to prevent excessive break tackles)

I use the 75 and under rule for true All-Madden Player Skill Sliders, meaning no set is higher than 75. 40 for the passing set, 35 for the running set, 75 for the pass defense, and 25 for run defense. If you add up the skill points I have the user at 175 while the CPU is at 335. I give them a good advantage because that is the only way I can get competitive games while still getting a more sim than arcade experience. I am trying to work on another set hoping for more defensive scores (where it feels rewarding to score high 30's and above because you usually score in the low 20's). I will post those when done but they won't be drastically different from these except that I will go over 75 in pass defense set for the human and probably raise the CPU pass blocking back up.

Try these out and see if you also get much tighter coverage from the CPU. I welcome any feedback and if you tweak them and get good results let me know what you changed, but first try them exactly as listed.

Rudy
09-10-2013, 05:02 AM
It seems as though punt return coverage slider MAY impact BIG HITS. I moved it to 50 and all of a sudden all of the big hits are gone. This leads me to believe (as in confirms for me) that Tiburon honestly does not know how sliders impact the game. However with the big hits gone the zone coverage becomes even looser... frustrating!

Punt return coverage slider? Heck I'd love to have a kick return blocking slider but I'm assuming this is a typo?

Wolverine - are you certain the coverage sliders are backwards?

WolverineJay
09-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Yes the CPU Pass Coverage slider is backwards to a point, where the Pass Reaction slider works for both the HUM and CPU (higher settings increase reaction to passes).

I think the Human Pass Coverage is working properly, but it is a weaker slider than the Pass Reaction slider so I have it at 45 and only 15 for Pass Coverage in order to keep my sliders at 75 total (All-Madden). If I raise the HUM Pass Coverage up to 50 I play much tighter in pass coverage so it works fine.

If you use my slider set from above in Franchise games and make the Human QB Accuracy 25 you will still see tighter coverage from the CPU, but your QB's will be way too accurate making all QB's feel the same. Last week I played a test Franchise game with Colts at Niners and passed a ton with A. Luck using 4 for QB Accuracy and went 42-53 450 yds 3 td. I had the CPU at 100 Pass Reaction, 40 Interceptions, and 100 Pass Coverage so I started to get really frustrated with the lack of coverage. I recently played Ravens and Broncos with my new set and was 31-51 328 yds and 3 Td 2 Int for Flacco. I noticed much tighter coverage on comebacks, ins, outs, posts, and corner routes so 15 for CPU Pass Coverage is way way better than 100. I tested 100, 50, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, and 0 and definitely saw better coverage with 15 than any of the other ones. Very weird that if you go too low then it becomes easier to pass that is why I said 15 seems to be the magic number with my penalty slider set.

GatorfanStovy
01-08-2014, 06:01 PM
http://espnprimetime.weebly.com/slider-settings.html

Has any one tried these sliders out ? I found them from OS. Gonna give them a try and start my franchise finally.