PDA

View Full Version : Johntom2000's 1994 FSU Fast Break Playbook NCAA 14 Ed.

johntom2000
08-13-2013, 12:23 AM
I am not going into the histry of the offense. I just got done copying down the formations and some of the running plays that will be needed to make this offense go.

As for the running plays: Toss, Sweep, Power O/Off Tackle/Dive/Iso/Blast, Fullback Trap/Dive, Fullback Belly, Strongside Sprint Draw, Weakside Sprint Draw, and Counter I Formation Runs. An for all means add the OPTION! (Also put in HB Direct in your playbook from Shotgun 4 Wide set)

As for passing Z,Y,X, and T Shallow Cross and the down the field vert plays. Most of the routes are post cornors, cornors, hitches, curls, zigs, fly, etc. Most of your deep down the field routes mixed with short routes. More long then short routes tho.

Formations:
1. Base - This was a 2 wr, 1 te, 2 back set.
2. Panther - This is 3 wr and 2 backs. (Includes I-Form/Strong/Weak Slot)
3. Rifle - This is 4 wr with 1 back.

As far as running the offense, you will need
1. SG Split
2. SG 2 back Slot
3. SG spread

You will also need complimenting offensive sets like
1. SG 5 wide
2. I Form sets that have the 1TE, 2wr, 2 back personel included.
3. Pro Form - any of the pro forms will work
4. Strong twins, Weak normal,Strong Normal, Weak twins - all these have 1 te 2 wr and 2 backs
You can also add in SG Normal with audibling to Ace Y strips or SG Y trips.

Basically you are a little handcuffed because with the FSU offense they could come out in a SG Split which is FSU's BASE formation and call any SG Split play or audible to any of these formations:
1. I Form normal
2. I form Twins
3. Strong/ Weak Normal
4. Strong/ Weak Twins
5. Pro Form normal

Lets say there are 10 plays per formation, that is over 80 possible plays you could see. Not that you would, but that is the potential. Now you have only 5 audibles to run along with you original play call. Hope this gets you started.

Note not all these formations has to be in the playbook. The pdf for the offense had the I -form normal and slot as their base I formation. The weak and strong was a "option" install If needed. Feel free to pick the formations you want to run.

To sum it up, I-Form/Strong/Weak formations and Shotgun formatioins with one or two Singleback formations to swtich from Ace to Shotgun with little movement. This offense is made to go from one formation to another very smoothly basically running the same plays. This should be a very FUN offense to run!
Enjoy

Later,

John

johntom2000
08-15-2013, 01:04 AM
I will be using either FSU or WKU as my base. I took the concept for a test run in a user game in one of my OD's and I ended winning against one of the top players in the league using Virgnia. He was using Northwestern.