PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NFL Season Talk

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ram29jackson
10-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Pseudo-intellectual mumbo jumbo, which is the case in the majority of your posts. Yes, it is hard to comprehend something that is not comprehensible in the first place..

IE you are confused and frightened by things you are intellectually incapable of understanding and lash out with childish insults to compensate.

bdoughty
10-07-2013, 12:38 AM
IE you are confused and frightened by things you are intellectually incapable of understanding and lash out with childish insults to compensate.

and youtube videos, you forgot to mention youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4

almost forgot animated gifs.

http://i.imgur.com/9xSVFzJ.gif

how can I forget pictures of cats.

http://i.imgur.com/T7iLcPA.jpg

and emoticions, which I was intellectually incapable of creating.

:ram?:

Rudy
10-07-2013, 05:54 AM
Leave it to Romo to fuck his team. As long as Romo is their QB, Dallas will NEVER win a big game when it matters.

That's unfair IMO. That last pick was a great play by the defender.

Rudy
10-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Cowboys fan here.... If we dont make the playoff this year with the division the way it is, Garret, Romo, And Jerry ALL have to go. Tired of mediocrity.

The only one that would go would be Garret. Romo just got an extension, is the 5th highest rated QB of all time and Jerry is not selling this team. Why would you freak out about losing a close game to arguably the best team in football?

steelerfan
10-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Why would you freak out about losing a close game to arguably the best team in football?

Disclaimer: he is like 12.

That said, nothing he said had anything to do with yesterday's game except that he said it yesterday. The Cowboys have been mediocre for nearly 20 years. I can understand the frustration with that.

JBHuskers
10-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Just imagine if this rule passed back then :D

Wyche: NFL tried to nix no-huddle (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9785450/sam-wyche-nfl-tried-stop-no-huddle-1980s)

JBHuskers
10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Basically with the Bronco / Cowboy game. If you blame Romo, that's idiotic.

skipwondah33
10-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Basically with the Bronco / Cowboy game. If you blame Romo, that's idiotic.Shannon Sharpe did have a good point though

"Manning threw interception, Colts lose. Brees goes 32-39, 288 yards and 2 tds...no one blamed Colts D. Romo plays well, throws pick and everyone blames Defense."

Romo's interception directly led to the Broncos winning. Sure Defense gave up 51 points...just as the Broncos Defense gave up 48 points.

Great play by the LB but also double covered.

Deuce
10-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Basically with the Bronco / Cowboy game. If you blame Romo, that's idiotic.

The 'problem' with Romo is bad luck. If he throws that pic in the 1st qtr it's no biggie. ...no one is blaming Dez for his fumble. Romo though has this uncanny knack for mucking up at the worst possible time. Did the boys lose because of romo, no. But, the reason they didn't win is his horrible luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ram29jackson
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
the Cowboys were up 14-0 = not Romo's fault

Deuce
10-07-2013, 06:13 PM
the Cowboys were up 14-0 = not Romo's fault

Ummm... See Dallas vs Detroit 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
I love those graphical spotlights they do on Monday Night Football just before the game like they just did on Tony Gonzalez.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

steelerfan
10-07-2013, 08:36 PM
I wonder if Tony Gonzalez is starting to question his decision not to retire.

Rudy
10-08-2013, 04:22 AM
Falcons 1-4. Wow. That's the kind of season that gets a lot of people fired.

steelerfan
10-08-2013, 09:32 AM
ESPN NFL - Nike ditches red and white Pro Bowl uniforms for bright orange and yellow for new game format

:ram?:

SmoothPancakes
10-08-2013, 10:33 AM
What in the wide, wide world of fuck? :fp:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1008/nfl_e_probowl_unis_b1_600.jpg

SmoothPancakes
10-08-2013, 10:35 AM
So instead of AFC vs. NFC, we've now apparently got Oregon vs. Oregon State.

souljahbill
10-08-2013, 10:52 AM
So instead of AFC vs. NFC, we've now apparently got Oregon vs. Oregon State.

Great observation

JBHuskers
10-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Owners pass a rule to allow Hard Knocks to continue. The league may appoint teams if needed now supposedly.

Rudy
10-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I like the Pro Bowl unis. They do remind me of Oregon.

ram29jackson
10-08-2013, 03:20 PM
nike is dressing teams in uniforms that look like their night reflective running shoes

steelerfan
10-09-2013, 08:47 AM
I love Matt Schaub.

He is single-handedly making this season enjoyable for me (the Steelers certainly aren't). With all the dumbass hillbillies and illegals here in Houston talking about the Super Bowl, it is satisfying to see this meltdown. Schaub has the weakest arm in the league. Maybe in the history of the league. The pick 6 tonight was travelling so slow that I'm surprised it travelled as far as it did.

Last week his pick 6 was EPIC. Leading by 7 with like 2:30 to play and he throws a blind slow ball into the flat. His jersey was burned in the parking lot after the game, but at least Tex-Ann fan has not resorted to throwing beer on Schaub's wife like they did to David Carr's wife years ago. Classy.

Classy....

ESPN NFL - NFL contacts Texans, police after man reportedly goes to Matt Schaub's home, berates him - source

morsdraconis
10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
:smh:

Those Texas fans. What a bunch of dickbags.

skipwondah33
10-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Classy....I'd shot him, then claimed he was a threat to my family...which could have actually been

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/28754/shame-on-jets-for-mistreating-sanchez

Only can you go from the laughing stock of the NFL, constant criticism, shitty play.....now to the sympathy vote

If Sanchez was worth a damn, there wouldn't have been a "competition" to speak of or a QB drafted in the 2nd round

bdoughty
10-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Abusing and killing a 2 year old child. Just hang that mother fucker on the spot. Although in the second video interviewing Adrian Peterson he sure did not seem too upset over the situation and was primarily worried about football.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9809579/adrian-peterson-son-dies-injuries-suffered-alleged-assault

Rudy
10-11-2013, 07:15 PM
One report said AP just found out he was the father. The loser has a history of this garbage. Child abusers will get theirs in prison.

SmoothPancakes
10-13-2013, 02:30 PM
:D

T.J. Yates comes in for Matt Schaub in the middle of a drive for the Texans in the third quarter. Yates doesn't miss a beat, as 7 plays later, from the St. Louis 6 yard line, he throws an interception that gets returned 98 yards for a touchdown. :D

Schaub's pick six streak is gonna get broken, but the overall pick six streak for the Texans continues. :nod:

ram29jackson
10-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Rams won ? huh ? since when ? what happened ?

steelerfan
10-13-2013, 04:43 PM

T.J. Yates comes in for Matt Schaub in the middle of a drive for the Texans in the third quarter. Yates doesn't miss a beat, as 7 plays later, from the St. Louis 6 yard line, he throws an interception that gets returned 98 yards for a touchdown. :D

Schaub's pick six streak is gonna get broken, but the overall pick six streak for the Texans continues. :nod:

Yep, lol. Yates must have been like, "I got this, Coach. I been watching Matt all season, I know exactly what to do."

ram29jackson
10-13-2013, 04:59 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img31/6586/4s8u.png

steelerfan
10-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Yeah, like I've said, Houston fans are super classy.

Today, they cheered when Schaub got hurt.

I MIGHT cut them SOME slack if the story of some asshole going to his house this week hadn't come out. However, it did, By cheering, those fans all said "I'm good with someone assaulting Matt Schaub over a game."

Classy.

Rudy
10-13-2013, 08:36 PM
I guess Calais Campbell will be OK. Carted off on a stretcher in the SF-ARI game but has movement in all his limbs. Always scary when you see that in football. We just switched to the game and I saw someone lying on the field. Had to wait to get home to see what happened (a lot of family visits as this is our Thanksgiving weekend in Canada).

morsdraconis
10-13-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't know why I even watch football anymore. It's just one giant disappointment year after year.

Rudy
10-14-2013, 04:44 AM
I don't know why I even watch football anymore. It's just one giant disappointment year after year.

It could be worse. You could be a golfer who spends all afternoon frustrated playing the game just to make a couple big shots that suck you back in.

JBHuskers
10-14-2013, 09:42 AM
This radio call was :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bxFyV7gNS0

souljahbill
10-14-2013, 10:05 AM
This radio call was :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bxFyV7gNS0

Boooooooooo!!!!

baseballplyrmvp
10-15-2013, 12:19 AM
lol. raiders had a 4th and 48 yesterday vs the chiefs. :D

SmoothPancakes
10-15-2013, 02:24 AM
lol. raiders had a 4th and 48 yesterday vs the chiefs. :D

Yep. :D

I was watching Fox Sports Live when they showed the sequence of plays on that drive. Absolutely hilarious.

SmoothPancakes
10-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Well, it looks like Houston has finally bucked the trend of throwing a pick six every game. Though Case Keenum still managed to fuck things up, fumbling the ball and giving Kansas City the ball at the Houston 1 yard line with 1:34 left in the game. :D :fp:

KC dropped to a knee three times and that's game. Another loss for Houston.

Rudy
10-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Dolphins lose their third straight. Ugh. Tannehill was bad early with pick 6. Still should have won this game.

steelerfan
10-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, it looks like Houston has finally bucked the trend of throwing a pick six every game. Though Case Keenum still managed to fuck things up, fumbling the ball and giving Kansas City the ball at the Houston 1 yard line with 1:34 left in the game. :D :fp:

KC dropped to a knee three times and that's game. Another loss for Houston.

Yep, at 2-4 Pittsburgh is now better than Houston so at least I have that. :)

JBHuskers
10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Anytime a kicker lights up someone, you gotta post it :D

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/816568369.gif

JBHuskers
10-21-2013, 01:05 PM
J.J. Watt with a nice tribute to Bum Phillips yesterday... (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/10/j-j-watt-honors-late-bum-phillips-with-sack-celebration/)

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/wp-content/blogs.dir/2348/files/2013/10/WATT.TRIBUTE-600x399.jpg

And RIP to bird flipping Bud Adams.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/65383/bud-adams-bird-watching-o.gif

I bet Bud and Bum are up in heaven sharing a bottle of scotch tonight.

steelerfan
10-21-2013, 02:02 PM
If there was such a thing as Heaven, Bud would not be there.

JBHuskers
10-21-2013, 02:04 PM

SmoothPancakes
10-22-2013, 12:48 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/21530525/crf.0_standard_709.0.gif

JBHuskers
10-22-2013, 01:52 PM
:D :D :D :D love it!

steelerfan
10-24-2013, 09:02 AM
ESPN NFL - Rams called Brett Favre after Sam Bradford hurt but QB made it clear he's retired -- Adam Schefter

:D:D:D

Fucking dumbass Rams.

psusnoop
10-24-2013, 11:40 AM
ESPN NFL - Rams called Brett Favre after Sam Bradford hurt but QB made it clear he's retired -- Adam Schefter

Fucking dumbass Rams.

They were just trying to fill seats IMO.

SmoothPancakes
10-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Goddamnit fucking Kevin Vickerson!

I'm getting so fucking tired of his ass. Denver needs to just cut his stupid ass and be done with that piece of shit. Multiple times last week against the Colts, he fucked the defense over because the fucking dumbass kept taking his fucking helmet off on the field, and so far this week, more fucking penalties.

Between Indy last week and Washington this week, Vickerson's been flagged for two unsportsmanlike conducts, roughing the passer and defensive holding. I don't give a damn if he's the most veteran defensive tackle on Denver's roster, there has GOT to be at least one decent free agent defensive tackle that Denver can pick up and replace his ass with.

Rudy
10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Dolphins are losing too many close games. They have talent but are too one-dimensional in their players. Some LBs are only blitzers, some WRs only go deep, RBs are not all purpose, TEs are no block or no catch, etc. This coaching staff is too rigid and mediocre to really change things up and use them right. The puzzle pieces just don't fit that great right now. The Dolphins can play with almost anyone but they can lose to almost anyone too.

The thing that pisses me off is that this offseason makeover was done to boost the passing game and put more points on the board. But the passing game isn't great and their over reliance on it has hurt the team. There is still time for things to come together but this coaching staff might not be the guys to do it. philbin is rigid and not well liked.

SmoothPancakes
11-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Shit. Denver head coach John Fox is gonna be out for at least the next month or two.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9920451/john-fox-denver-broncos-coach-likely-need-heart-surgery

Denver Broncos coach John Fox is expected to have heart valve surgery this week that could sideline him for up to two months, according to a team official.

Fox was hospitalized Saturday after feeling light-headed while playing golf in the Charlotte, N.C., area.

Tests were conducted Saturday and will continue Sunday, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Fox was aware that he had a condition with a heart valve that eventually would require surgery. He was hoping to avoid it until after this season but when he experienced light-headedness on the golf course, his timeline very well might have been expedited.

While Fox is away from the team, offensive coordinator Adam Gase and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio are expected to have added duties.

The full story is at the link, just quoted the pertinent details.

GatorfanStovy
11-03-2013, 12:29 AM
Also if not one has heard by now. Jags wide out Justin Blackman out rest of season suspended by ll the league.

SmoothPancakes
11-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Also if not one has heard by now. Jags wide out Justin Blackman out rest of season suspended by ll the league.

Yep, I already dropped his ass on my fantasy team, the very same day they announced his suspension. I can't remember if I drafted him with my very last pick or if I picked him up as an undrafted free agent, but went ahead and picked him up for little or no cost and left him sitting on my bench for the first four weeks of his suspension, hoping that when he returned he'd be able to put up some decent points and be a reasonable replacement whenever one of my starting WRs had a bye week.

Now I just need to decide who to replace him with, Keenan Allen, Harry Douglas or Kenny Stills.

steelerfan
11-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Keenan Allen.

Rudy
11-03-2013, 03:41 AM
Let's hope John Fox gets well. Some of these NFL coaches are stupid when it comes to their heart. Coaching is a very tough life filled with too little sleep and too much fast food to fill in the gaps. I think Dan Reeves had heart surgery and was back to work within two weeks once. That's crazy! Really, to even put off needed heart surgery for the benefit of your job would be crazy to most normal people and I hope he has a full recovery. Take your time to recover and don't be stupid about it.

jaymo76
11-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Let's hope John Fox gets well. Some of these NFL coaches are stupid when it comes to their heart. Coaching is a very tough life filled with too little sleep and too much fast food to fill in the gaps. I think Dan Reeves had heart surgery and was back to work within two weeks once. That's crazy! Really, to even put off needed heart surgery for the benefit of your job would be crazy to most normal people and I hope he has a full recovery. Take your time to recover and don't be stupid about it.

Add Kubiak to that list. My prayers go out to these two guys for full recoveries.

JBHuskers
11-04-2013, 12:39 AM
These coaches go and go and go. As they brought up in the broadcast, I wonder if there will be mandates for coaches working. Of course, it won't help, they'll just work at home or a hotel or something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

CLW
11-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Well after last night's loss Houston should just tank the rest of the season. I'm surprised it came this quickly but their window with this group of players appears to have closed and they will need to rebuild.

JBHuskers
11-04-2013, 02:16 PM
This picture is full of win!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/ClaytonSlayer_zpsed5bf887.jpg

steelerfan
11-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Yes, it is. :)

Rudy
11-04-2013, 03:58 PM
The Dolphins situation is ugly with Incognito. The team is just a mess in some ways. I think the GM Ireland needs to go. This year's draft class have all been disappointing to a degree. Some came into the year recovering from injuries but Ireland is just average. His drafts are just average and this has led to an average team. I don't think Philbin is the right guy either. Very rigid, not the offensive mind fans thought they were getting and doesn't make enough adjustments until it's too late.

JBHuskers
11-04-2013, 04:15 PM
The Dolphins situation is ugly with Incognito. The team is just a mess in some ways. I think the GM Ireland needs to go. This year's draft class have all been disappointing to a degree. Some came into the year recovering from injuries but Ireland is just average. His drafts are just average and this has led to an average team. I don't think Philbin is the right guy either. Very rigid, not the offensive mind fans thought they were getting and doesn't make enough adjustments until it's too late.

Take it from a guy that knows people who know him well. He's a fuck-up. Dumb as a box of rocks too.

steelerfan
11-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Take it from a guy that knows people who know him well. He's a fuck-up. Dumb as a box of rocks too.

Knows which one?

JBHuskers
11-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Knows which one?

Incognito.

GatorfanStovy
11-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Rodgers got injured and out for the rest of the game for tonight's game . 4th quarter on it's way. Wallace is in. GB keeping it close with a strong game with Lacy and ST getting an onside kick and defense keeping it real.

Rudy
11-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Many Dolphins players came out defending Incognito. They say they were buddies. This is so weird. I think both guys have mental issues.

Rudy
11-07-2013, 06:17 PM
It gets uglier for Incognito. He sexually assaulted a woman at a golf tourney.

http://www.local10.com/sports/aventura-police-dolphins-richie-incognito-harassed-golf-volunteer/-/1717082/22858256/-/11fm0jpz/-/index.html

GatorfanStovy
11-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Shit will hit the fan in GB if Tolzein gets hurt in GB today. Wallace is out. No other QB are ready except for Jordy as a emergency.

SmoothPancakes
11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
The refs in this Cincy-Baltimore game are fucking pathetic. For fuck's sake, just gift wrap the fucking game to the Ravens why don't you. Every single one of these refs deserve to be fired and beaten with a fucking bamboo rod. Worthless fucks.

Rudy
11-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Lol Smooth. Don't hide your true feelings.

SmoothPancakes
11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Lol Smooth. Don't hide your true feelings.

Lol, I'm sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of seeing shit calls by shit refs. Half of those calls in the Cincy-Baltimore game were so bullshit, its like the refs had bets on Baltimore or something. The NFL needs to just can all of the refs at season's end and find new ones for next year.

skipwondah33
11-11-2013, 08:42 AM
The NFL needs to just can all of the refs at season's end and find new ones for next year.
...and people had a problem with these guys

\http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/7a5/812/746/resized/replacement-refs-meme-generator-timeout-it-s-a-touchception-ec28e7.jpg

GatorfanStovy
11-11-2013, 11:21 PM
So will win game number first Tampa or the Jags ? To get either Clowney or Bridgewater . It'll be interesting.

steelerfan
11-11-2013, 11:30 PM
So will win game number first Tampa or the Jags ? To get either Clowney or Bridgewater . It'll be interesting.

???

SmoothPancakes
11-11-2013, 11:41 PM
???

What he said. I honestly have not a damn clue what the hell you just said. Was that even English? I've seen Chinese text that made more sense than that, and I can't even read Chinese!

Rudy
11-12-2013, 04:53 AM
Jags won on Sunday and the freaking Dolphins lost to the Bucs last night. 2 yards rushing Miami!! Ridiculous.

souljahbill
11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Jags won on Sunday and the freaking Dolphins lost to the Bucs last night. 2 yards rushing Miami!! Ridiculous.

To be fair, they were missing 2 starting O-linemen.

JBHuskers
11-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Well at least the Jags and Bucs aren't COMPLETELY tanking it, yet.

Rudy
11-12-2013, 06:01 PM
To be fair, they were missing 2 starting O-linemen.

But only Incognito is any good. Martin is a below average OL and they still rushed for 150+ against Cinci with the same group (missing two last week). This OL has been bad all year but this was the new low run blocking wise.

Miami is at a real crossroads right now. Their personel lacks an identity and I think everyone gets fired at the end of the year. A reset button gets pushed. Worse yet, I don't know if Tannehill is the answer. He's solid but not great. So far he hasn't shown he's elite material. I do think there is a chance he can still progress and be very good but right now his career path looks to peak at guys like Jay Cutler or Carson Palmer rather than a Top 10 QB. His deep ball is not good and overall accuracy could be a bit better. He has good command of the offense but still needs to read defenses quicker.

Without a franchise QB people always get fired and the roster and coaches get churned. That's been the story for Miami since Marino retired.

JBHuskers
11-13-2013, 02:42 PM
RIP to former Raider and American Gladiators host Todd Christensen. Dead at 57 due to complications of a liver transplant.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d6EZtilcf3c/SfZgnZvYs8I/AAAAAAAAAi8/ndqdIbJA5X4/s200/mike+and+todd.jpg

souljahbill
11-13-2013, 02:45 PM
R.I.P.

JBHuskers
11-14-2013, 08:41 AM
ESPN has mentioned Incognito so much, he'll probably win an ESPY.

steelerfan
11-14-2013, 11:30 AM
ESPN NFL - Researchers inundated with players wanting to take part in new living CTE tests

Bye bye American Football. :(

JBHuskers
11-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Frank Caliendo as Adam Schefter :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUwVaYpXkQ8

GatorfanStovy
11-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Stupid NFL fines brooks on hit on Breese 15k. THat is so fucking lame. Was so a clean hit and fumble. Peyton just can't take losing to SF at all. Darn NFL is getting worse you can't even tackle a QB hard now wtf NFL?

SmoothPancakes
11-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Stupid NFL fines brooks on hit on Breese 15k. THat is so fucking lame. Was so a clean hit and fumble. Peyton just can't take losing to SF at all. Darn NFL is getting worse you can't even tackle a QB hard now wtf NFL?

The fuck?

First, who is Breese? Second, Peyton played the Chiefs this week, not the 49ers. Third, even if Peyton couldn't take losing to San Francisco (which would be difficult since the Broncos don't play them this season), what does that have to do with the NFL fining a player?

GatorfanStovy
11-20-2013, 06:34 PM
The fuck?

First, who is Brees? Second, Peyton played the Chiefs this week, not the 49ers. Third, even if Peyton couldn't take losing to San Francisco (which would be difficult since the Broncos don't play them this season), what does that have to do with the NFL fining a player?

UM no I mean Peyton coach of the Saints. Come on man .

gschwendt
11-20-2013, 06:35 PM
I think he's meaning Sean Payton.

ram29jackson
11-20-2013, 07:17 PM
RIP to former Raider and American Gladiators host Todd Christensen. Dead at 57 due to complications of a liver transplant.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d6EZtilcf3c/SfZgnZvYs8I/AAAAAAAAAi8/ndqdIbJA5X4/s200/mike+and+todd.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4jJwjPMRvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnTyRbKMnDw

steelerfan
11-24-2013, 03:01 PM
:D:D:D:D Tex-anns.

Bulls on Charade.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Looks like the Vikings and Packers are about to end in a tie.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Way to go San Diego! If, god forbid, New England were to beat Denver tonight, Broncos will still hold first place in the AFC West thanks to the Chargers taking out the Chiefs.

steelerfan
11-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Way to go San Diego! If, god forbid, New England were to beat Denver tonight, Broncos will still hold first place in the AFC West thanks to the Chargers taking out the Chiefs.

Don't worry about the Chiefs, man. They are not for real. As I told my buddy a couple weeks ago: 9-0 today, 11-5 tomorrow.

Rudy
11-24-2013, 05:41 PM
So sick of Miami. No points in the 2nd half. Tannehill misfired a few times to Wallace AGAIN. They aren't on the same page but Tannehill's deep accuracy just isn't that good. Starting to believe Tannehill is a nice QB but not the answer. The coaches put the entire game on his shoulders too which is ridiculous. Running shotgun 75% of the time is stupid. 3rd and 1 and we're in 5 WR looks. Ugh. This team sucks and I want everyone's head to roll.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Don't worry about the Chiefs, man. They are not for real. As I told my buddy a couple weeks ago: 9-0 today, 11-5 tomorrow.

Oh I know. I've been saying the same thing for the last couple weeks. But Denver still has quite a few tough games left. At New England, at Kansas City (which the first win over them last week wasn't exactly dominating) and versus San Diego (sweated out an 8 point win two weeks ago). Granted, KC also has another game vs. Denver, at Washington, at Oakland, vs Indy and at San Diego. Still, I'd like some breathing room just to be safe. Get at least a two game buffer zone in case Denver slips up at some point in the final weeks.

jaymo76
11-24-2013, 07:56 PM
So sick of Miami. No points in the 2nd half. Tannehill misfired a few times to Wallace AGAIN. They aren't on the same page but Tannehill's deep accuracy just isn't that good. Starting to believe Tannehill is a nice QB but not the answer. The coaches put the entire game on his shoulders too which is ridiculous. Running shotgun 75% of the time is stupid. 3rd and 1 and we're in 5 WR looks. Ugh. This team sucks and I want everyone's head to roll.

With the martin/Incognito situation I suspect you will get a lot of rolling heads this offseason. As to Tannehill I have never been a fan but that being said, Miami has no other options.

jaymo76
11-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh I know. I've been saying the same thing for the last couple weeks. But Denver still has quite a few tough games left. At New England, at Kansas City (which the first win over them last week wasn't exactly dominating) and versus San Diego (sweated out an 8 point win two weeks ago). Granted, KC also has another game vs. Denver, at Washington, at Oakland, vs Indy and at San Diego. Still, I'd like some breathing room just to be safe. Get at least a two game buffer zone in case Denver slips up at some point in the final weeks.

Based on Manning's cold weather playoffs, do you want to win the division/get a bye? Honestly I would rather see Denver travel back to the warm confines of Indy. I think Manning would blow the place up after what happened last time.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Based on Manning's cold weather playoffs, do you want to win the division/get a bye? Honestly I would rather see Denver travel back to the warm confines of Indy. I think Manning would blow the place up after what happened last time.

Well, Manning and the Broncos are doing good so far tonight in the New England cold. I'd rather Denver have the bye, instead of having to play their way to the Super Bowl. The more games you play, the more the players are at risk of injury. I'd rather Denver have the wild card week off to get players healthy, keep players healthy, and be ready to come out and play in the divisional round. That, and cold weather or not, Denver will have to play outside at some point in the playoffs, they can't play in domes the entire way. May as well play outside in the extremely friendly confines of home.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Denver leading New England 17-0 with 10:30 left in the second quarter, and Peyton Manning ONLY 4-6 for 9 yards. I would have called bullshit if I didn't see it for my own eyes!

steelerfan
11-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Manning still hasn't done shit and Denver is down 7 after leading 24-0 at halftime. Time to see if Manning is going to do ANYTHING tonight.

steelerfan
11-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Tied at 31 with 3:06 left. Bailed out, big time, by Patriot penalties, but Manning finally woke up. Going to be a great finish.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Well, it's a tied game now. Now the defense needs to pull their heads out of their asses this drive and stop the Pats. Of course, injuries are fucking Denver squarely up the ass right now. I don't know if the Broncos even have any damn safeties left at this point. It seems like every one of them have gone down with an injury. Then the goddamn injury to DRC right at the damn half, what a bullshit time for an injury.

steelerfan
11-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Belicheat decided to take the wind in overtime, allowing Denver to receive. God I hope Denver scores a TD on the opening possession so Belicheat looks like an ass.

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 11:16 PM
FUCK!!!!!

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Way to go and just completely piss it away Denver. Absolutely goddamn pathetic. Offense, pathetic. Defense, pathetic. Special teams, pathetic. Denver played like world champions in the first half, and like fucking jokes in the second half. At this point, Denver doesn't even have any business getting in the playoffs, playing like pure and total utter shit like that tonight. If I'm a Denver player, I don't even show my fucking face in public for the next week. They should be embarrassed as fuck after tonight's performance.

steelerfan
11-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Bad news for Denver. Manning still can't play in the cold and the Super Bowl is in New York. I just hope the fucking Patriots don't win the AFC again. :down:

steelerfan
11-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Also, apparently the Denver fan in the Bud Light commercial thought it was safe to come out of his basement at halftime. :P

SmoothPancakes
11-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Well, I know one thing. Fuck it, I'm not even bothering to watch next week's Broncos-Chiefs game. They played complete and total utter shit tonight, no reason to not expect them to play like complete and total utter shit next week. Absolutely fucking pathetic. I'm not even pissed off that Denver lost. They deserved to lose that game. I'm pissed off that I spent four hours watching that shit when I could have been playing Dead Rising 3 or Ryse: Son of Rome instead of watching Denver shit themselves up and down the field all goddamn game.

jaymo76
11-25-2013, 01:42 AM
Also, apparently the Denver fan in the Bud Light commercial thought it was safe to come out of his basement at halftime. :P

Well played sir! :fb:

psuexv
11-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Denver played like world champions in the first half

More like New England played like complete shit and handed them 3 fumbles. Yes the defense put hands and helmets on the ball but World Champions, that might be a stretch.

steelerfan
12-02-2013, 02:08 AM
2-10.

Rudy
12-02-2013, 05:19 AM
With almost all of the wild card candidates losing in the AFC the Dolphins are tied with the Ravens at 6-6 for the final wild card spot. The Ravens beat Miami and hold that tie breaker but they also have a few tough games to close out the season. The Dolphins have the Steelers on the road and the Pats at home but two games against the Jets and Bills should be two games they win. I think 9-7 gets you in for the AFC.

The Jets offense is the worst offense I have seen all year. Their QBs, WRs and TEs are awful. I don't see how that team wins another game all year. I don't know how they have managed to win any games so far. Their point differential is lousy.

skipwondah33
12-02-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't know how they have managed to win any games so far. Their point differential is lousy.Running the ball and solid Defense.

Their WR options are disgusting..even with Santonio since he's hurt most of the time.

When they play defense they are all that bad...and of course don't turn the ball over.

JBHuskers
12-02-2013, 09:26 AM
2-10.

Laughing at your neighbors? :D

steelerfan
12-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Laughing at your neighbors? :D

Yep. Fuck them all. :)

JBHuskers
12-03-2013, 12:39 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/197wfq6bh3hpegif/ku-xlarge.gif

http://www.baltimorenewsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Mike-Tomlin-Thriller.jpg

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mike-tomlin-jacoby-jones-dance.jpeg

steelerfan
12-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Swept by Jacksonville.

steelerfan
12-06-2013, 11:22 AM
ESPN - Texans fire coach Gary Kubiak after 8 seasons with team; 61-64 overall, but Houston has lost 11 in row

JBHuskers
12-06-2013, 02:57 PM
ESPN - Texans fire coach Gary Kubiak after 8 seasons with team; 61-64 overall, but Houston has lost 11 in row

Rumor has it that :sf: is the leading candidate to replace Kubiak.

souljahbill
12-06-2013, 03:01 PM

0-16. They'll never have practice. Never watch film. Playcalling will be abysmal. All on purpose. Sabotage.

steelerfan
12-06-2013, 03:05 PM

0-16. They'll never have practice. Never watch film. Playcalling will be abysmal. All on purpose. Sabotage.

Unfortunately, I had to decline the job because Bob McNair refused to allow me to take Sundays off to watch the Steelers. :down:

SmoothPancakes
12-06-2013, 06:05 PM

So basically the NFL version of Southern Miss. :D

souljahbill
12-06-2013, 08:21 PM
So basically the NFL version of Southern Miss. :D

Just wait until we got our shit back together...

SmoothPancakes
12-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Just wait until we got our shit back together...

But I don't want to wait until 2025. :(

GatorfanStovy
12-07-2013, 12:38 AM
rumor is Roman from SF might go after the HC job at Houston ..

JBHuskers
12-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Unfortunately, I had to decline the job because Bob McNair refused to allow me to take Sundays off to watch the Steelers. :down:

souljahbill
12-07-2013, 04:26 PM
But I don't want to wait until 2025. :(

Won't have to. We'll be back much sooner than that. We played a TON of freshmen and sophomores this year. It was the majority of our 2-deep roster. We'll probably be mediocre at best next year but watch out in 2-3 years.

steelerfan
12-08-2013, 12:20 PM
ESPN - Mike Shanahan had plans to quit Redskins after 2012 due to owner's special treatment of RG III -- source

Cue mors saying that Washington does not have a meddling Jerry-Jones-like owner but that it's media BS.

SmoothPancakes
12-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Well, he might want to retire after this year. Good god Washington sucks. Losing 38-10 to the Chiefs at HALFTIME!

morsdraconis
12-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Well, he might want to retire after this year. Good god Washington sucks. Losing 38-10 to the Chiefs at HALFTIME!

It's not Shanahan's fault that Griffin can't complete a simple 15 yard out.

And, I believe every part of it :sf: because it's been 4 years and it's time for the annual flush whatever we accomplished in the past 4 years down the toilet so we can start "fresh" again and lose some more. There's a reason why I haven't watched a single Redskins game after the first game of the season and it's not Coach Shanahan. I think I'm done being a Redskins fan and, therefore, done watching NFL football anymore.

SmoothPancakes
12-08-2013, 03:05 PM
It's not Shanahan's fault that Griffin can't complete a simple 15 yard out.

And, I believe every part of it :sf: because it's been 4 years and it's time for the annual flush whatever we accomplished in the past 4 years down the toilet so we can start "fresh" again and lose some more. There's a reason why I haven't watched a single Redskins game after the first game of the season and it's not Coach Shanahan. I think I'm done being a Redskins fan and, therefore, done watching NFL football anymore.

Oh, I don't believe and am not thinking for a second it's Shanahan's fault. Just that he might want to consider retiring again after this season with as bad as this team is sucking it up right now. Save himself from going through another year of that crap and the aggravation and pressure that goes with it.

Rudy
12-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Huge win for Miami and almost a huge heart attack for me at the end of the game on that lateral play.

Stupid Vikings couldn't close out Baltimore. That would have been huge if Miami could have jumped them for the last spot.

jaymo76
12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Not that I needed anymore reasons to absolutely despise New England and Baltimore... but now I have two more reasons...:bang: Cleveland and Minnesota... you suck!!!

Rudy
12-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Shanny is most definitely fired in Washington and I'm not sure he lasts the year. There seems to be a growing riff between both him and Snyder and RG3. Maybe it's media spin but this train wreck of a season will have a scapegoat.

jaymo76
12-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Shanny is most definitely fired in Washington and I'm not sure he lasts the year. There seems to be a growing riff between both him and Snyder and RG3. Maybe it's media spin but this train wreck of a season will have a scapegoat.

Honestly though, what coach with credibility would want the Skins job? Having to deal with Snyder would be as appealing as having to deal with Jones in Dallas.

GatorfanStovy
12-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Huge win for sf today! Now we just need NO to lose. Damn Panthers couldn't pull it off oh well. As long as we keep winning and AZ loses it's all good and we get a wild card spot.

So is RG3 begging to bust or just the offense this year? So sad.

morsdraconis
12-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Griffin is a bust. Always has been. Anyone that thought otherwise is insane.

Rudy
12-09-2013, 04:41 AM
RG3 can still be a good QB. This year has not been good but Washington's defense has been atrocious. The whole team has had a massive let down. I'd like to see him in another year.

skipwondah33
12-09-2013, 10:07 AM
RG3 can still be a good QB. This year has not been good but Washington's defense has been atrocious. The whole team has had a massive let down. I'd like to see him in another year.Yep I believe so as well

Shannahan hasn't done so well with QB's since Elway...oh he did have Cutler..then lost him to Chicago on an ugly exit.

Then his son as the OC.

Yeah don't see either of them being there next year.

steelerfan
12-09-2013, 10:42 AM
ESPN - Peyton Manning says his cold-weather critics "can shove it where the sun don't shine"

Probably the most vile words to ever be spoken by Peyton Manning.

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 12:36 PM
But pretty funny.

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 01:10 PM
So the NFL flags defenders for hitting high, so they go low on Gronk and tore his ACL. BUT HE STILL GOT A CONCUSSION!

steelerfan
12-09-2013, 01:52 PM
No tailgating at the Super Bowl this year, per ESPN.

Hopefully, one day, they will be able to have a Super Bowl without the actual game. That is where all of this shit is heading. Fucking NFL.

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 02:23 PM
No tailgating at the Super Bowl this year, per ESPN.

Hopefully, one day, they will be able to have a Super Bowl without the actual game. That is where all of this shit is heading. Fucking NFL.

It's all corporate hacks anyways at the Super Bowl because they've outpriced the regular joe.

ram29jackson
12-09-2013, 03:00 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/18_zpsfbaa86db.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/18_zpsfbaa86db.png.html)

ram29jackson
12-09-2013, 03:02 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/2_zpsf5b2cedd.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/2_zpsf5b2cedd.png.html)

ram29jackson
12-09-2013, 03:03 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/1a_zpse37f900c.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/1a_zpse37f900c.png.html)

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Loved watching the Philly/Detroit game, even though it cost me a couple hundred.

Rudy
12-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I think defenders are using this head excuse way too much on these knee injuries. The truth is they don't want to hit these guys in the chest/upper body because they are 200 pound DBs (or less) going up against 250 pound TEs. Hitting them in the chest is generally hard on them. It's much easier to take their legs out when you are a smaller guy. I'm fine with that but they need to target the thigh area and not the knee. I think the concussion rules and fines are more of an excuse. I also agree when Cris Carter said this morning that Tony Dorsett got lost trying to find his girls soccer field due to the effects of all the concussions he's had. You can live a normal life after knee surgery but scrambled brains truly cripples you.

JBHuskers
12-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I don't think it's an excuse. A perfectly clean hit gets flagged (and sometimes fined) even if they barely grace the neck and head area.

Rudy
12-09-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't think it's an excuse. A perfectly clean hit gets flagged (and sometimes fined) even if they barely grace the neck and head area.

Yes I have seen that but EVERYONE and their mama are using line that now. Little guys historically have gone low on bigger guys even without these fines.

Rudy
12-10-2013, 12:15 AM
What I'm amazed at is on Mike & Mike they were saying they need to see Cutler finish the year to decide how much he's worth. What? Cutler is 30 years old. He'll be 31 next year and he's played 8 years. At this point we know what he is - average and nothing special but not crap either. His career QB rating is 84.4 and he has never finished a season with one above 90. An 84 QBR is very mediocre in today's NFL. In any given year that barely cracks the Top 20. He throws a few too many picks and isn't a great leader. He is what he is - a mediocre QB. I think the Bears let him walk and draft a QB next year.

morsdraconis
12-10-2013, 06:12 AM
What I'm amazed at is on Mike & Mike they were saying they need to see Cutler finish the year to decide how much he's worth. What? Cutler is 30 years old. He'll be 31 next year and he's played 8 years. At this point we know what he is - average and nothing special but not crap either. His career QB rating is 84.4 and he has never finished a season with one above 90. An 84 QBR is very mediocre in today's NFL. In any given year that barely cracks the Top 20. He throws a few too many picks and isn't a great leader. He is what he is - a mediocre QB. I think the Bears let him walk and draft a QB next year.

But, in this current system, he was great for them, until he got hurt. That's what they were saying. Past performance doesn't mean shit. The NFL is all about what you can give them in the next three years. Cutler's skills definitely aren't deteriorating so if he's the best they can get for the money (they won't be letting him walk, at worst, they'll franchise tag him). No team that isn't REALLY bad goes into the season with only a rookie QB and career backups on the roster unless they know they are rebuilding. Bears don't need to rebuild. They need consistency at the QB position so they can develop their offensive scheme more.

skipwondah33
12-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Yes I have seen that but EVERYONE and their mama are using line that now. Little guys historically have gone low on bigger guys even without these fines.I believe that too Rudy

I think it takes more time to get down that low, than it would have to hit in the mid section.

You have to make a concentrated effort to get low on someone.

Guess there is no in between. They either stay high or go extremely low and say "I didn't want to get fined"

JBHuskers
12-10-2013, 11:04 AM
As Ditka said, tackling is the worst he's ever seen, but still. The defenders are severely handicapped.

skipwondah33
12-10-2013, 11:35 AM
As Ditka said, tackling is the worst he's ever seen, but still. The defenders are severely handicapped.

It most definitely is

Every time I see a game I think to myself damn you are taught none of this while growing up to play football. Wrap up tackles are rare. It's just lead with your shoulder/head and go for the knockout blow.

Rudy
12-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Teams can only have 11 or so padded practices during an entire NFL season. They don't practice tackling much any more which is the biggest reason for the bad tackling.

souljahbill
12-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Teams can only have 11 or so padded practices during an entire NFL season. They don't practice tackling much any more which is the biggest reason for the bad tackling.

That and no one wants to tackle. Everyone wants to hit. Even the kids at my school do it. All the want to do is make big hits but no one wants to square up, wrap up, and tackle.

skipwondah33
12-11-2013, 07:46 AM
That and no one wants to tackle. Everyone wants to hit. Even the kids at my school do it. All the want to do is make big hits but no one wants to square up, wrap up, and tackle.Boom there it is!

All I see is the launch type tackle, none of the basic fundamentals

morsdraconis
12-11-2013, 09:06 AM
And it's official, Kirk Cousins will be starting for Washington this weekend and it will be the first Redskins game I'll actually watch since the first game of the year.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
12-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Listening to Shanahan today, I agree with him. Ensure RG III gets into camp healthy in 2014. That's more important than trying to win three straight and finish 6-10.

skipwondah33
12-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Listening to Shanahan today, I agree with him. Ensure RG III gets into camp healthy in 2014. That's more important than trying to win three straight and finish 6-10.I agree as well but that should have been the case though.

He's no healthier than he was 3+ weeks ago. Still the same slightly limping, getting hit alot QB that I've seen most of the season.

Should have been held out or sidelined weeks ago.

steelerfan
12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
ESPN - Seahawks QB Russell Wilson selected by Texas Rangers in minor league phase of MLB's Rule 5 draft

Two sport star?

I doubt it.

JBHuskers
12-12-2013, 11:43 AM
He's gonna report to camp, swing at some pitches, field some balls.

Texas paid $12k to get his rights, and already made that back in pub.

SmoothPancakes
12-13-2013, 04:06 AM
I swear these dumbasses are trying to intentionally piss away the fucking #1 seed. :fp:

psuexv
12-13-2013, 08:23 AM
I swear these dumbasses are trying to intentionally piss away the fucking #1 seed. :fp:

Intentionally.....no. Just not the 2nd coming like everyone says they are

ram29jackson
12-13-2013, 01:34 PM

Intentionally.....no. Just not the 2nd coming like everyone says they are

not a problem, this is exactly what they needed to focus going forward.A loss to motivate them, Long break before next game and 2 easy games to end season.

San Diego was desperate and The Broncos weren't going all out for a short week game

steelerfan
12-14-2013, 03:25 PM
ESPN - Body of ex-Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher exhumed in order to perform tests on brain, according to report

Get ready for the "my baby killed his girlfriend and himself because the NFL didn't warn and protect him from the dangers of concussions" lawsuit. :fp:

psuexv
12-14-2013, 05:45 PM
ESPN - Body of ex-Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher exhumed in order to perform tests on brain, according to report

Get ready for the "my baby killed his girlfriend and himself because the NFL didn't warn and protect him from the dangers of concussions" lawsuit. :fp:

And yet you have all these players and ex players who complain and don't understand why the NFL is getting strict with the hitting

steelerfan
12-14-2013, 06:10 PM
And yet you have all these players and ex players who complain and don't understand why the NFL is getting strict with the hitting

They've been concussed too many times to process that kind of logic. :D

ram29jackson
12-17-2013, 01:01 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/justin-tucker-fantasy-football-baltimore-ravens/

DETROIT (AP) — Justin Tucker's powerful leg kicked the Super Bowl champions into playoff gear.

Tucker made six field goals, including a franchise-record 61-yarder with 38 seconds left that lifted the Baltimore Ravens to an 18-16 win over the Detroit Lions in a Monday night matchup with major postseason implications.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh chose to let Tucker try the longest kick of his career — by 5 yards — instead of going for it on fourth-and-8 from the Detroit 43.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/1jt_zpsdc59953b.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/A%201%20WEEKLY%20PHOTOS/1jt_zpsdc59953b.png.html)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/12/17/2013-12-1620_40_52.gif
http://msn.foxsports.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/nfl/images/2013/12/16/justin-tucker-stay-thirsty.jpg
http://media.heavy.com/media/2013/12/TUCKER1.gif

GatorfanStovy
12-18-2013, 12:49 AM
that game was awesome. Fun ending...

steelerfan
12-22-2013, 03:10 PM
2-13.

:D :D :D

SmoothPancakes
12-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, with New England leading Baltimore 20-7 midway through the fourth, looks like the race for the AFC #1 seed is gonna go down to week 17, unless the Ravens manage to pull two more touchdowns out of their asses.

Denver plays at Oakland, New England hosts Buffalo. If Denver wins OR New England loses, Broncos clinch another #1 seed. If New England wins and Denver loses, Pats claim home field.

Rudy
12-22-2013, 07:18 PM
The Dolphins freaking suck. You HAVE to win to guarantee a playoff spot. You score NO points against Buffalo? Ridiculous. Now you have to beat the Jets and home and you need the Ravens to lose to Cinci which has no reason to play hard next week. Lions - you suck even harder. At 6-3 and a stranglehold on a battered division and they have lost 5 of 6 and miss the playoffs. Schwartz - your undisciplined ass deserves to be fired.

Congrats to Peyton on his record which he can pad next week. That last TD pass was more suspect than Strahan's sack on Favre though. Seriously Houston? A LB on D.Thomas with no safety help? That was way too easy but a beautiful throw nonetheless.

SmoothPancakes
12-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Actually, Cincinnati is still has reason to play hard. If they beat the Ravens and Buffalo somehow knocks off the Patriots, Cincinnati will claim the #2 seed. A first round bye is certainly reason enough to come out and play hard next week.

SmoothPancakes
12-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Schefty is reporting that the Vikings are looking to replace Leslie Frazier after the season. Lions are reportedly already looking for someone to replace Jim Schwartz, rumors say Penn State coach Bill O'Brien is a candidate for Lions, and O'Brien and Vanderbilt coach James Franklin are candidates for the Vikings.

And rumors are that the Cowboys will be canning Jason Garrett and the entire coaching staff unless the Cowboys make the playoffs.

Rudy
12-23-2013, 06:41 AM
The Lions need to dump Scwartz. They need more discipline.

JBHuskers
12-23-2013, 11:35 AM
That was ugly last night for Da Bears, but it will be just as satisfying stepping over Green Bay to make the playoffs.

skipwondah33
12-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Wild game against Packers

I had to record it due to being at in-laws all day.

Damn blocked FG, down by contact, fumble batting play was crazy.

Loved hearing "fans" say it was stupid for Pittsburgh to kneel on ball and kick FG at the end. Yeah because Suisham never misses "gimme" FG's or no way could it have been blocked..no one blocks FG's that close in.

JBHuskers
12-23-2013, 03:34 PM
The Cowboys have to try to make the playoffs without Romo as he's out for the season due to a back injury.

GatorfanStovy
12-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Last game at Candlestick tonight for sf :( RIP Candlestick.

Rudy
12-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Last game at Candlestick tonight for sf :)) :)) RIP Candlestick. :)) :))

Fixed!

JBHuskers
12-24-2013, 09:50 AM
That Levi's Stadium looks badass.

jaymo76
12-24-2013, 04:31 PM
The Cowboys have to try to make the playoffs without Romo as he's out for the season due to a back injury.

I like Orton but just cannot cheer for the Boys... just can't do it...

jaymo76
12-24-2013, 04:33 PM
The Lions need to dump Scwartz. They need more discipline.

:+1: I have been on this band wagon for the last two months. Who knows; maybe Shanahan may be a candidate???

GatorfanStovy
12-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Yes it does JB. Gonna look sweet next season. Wish I could NFL ticket so I could see it all season long.

Rudy
12-25-2013, 04:04 AM
:+1: I have been on this band wagon for the last two months. Who knows; maybe Shanahan may be a candidate???

Shanahan is done imo and needs to retire. He's a solid coach but no longer should be considered a great one. His age is a factor against him now too and I'd rather take a chance on a younger coach although I don't see any hot candidates out this year as co-ordinators. I wonder if Josh McDaniel will ever get a shot again. He was too young in Denver and had too much power. Marty Morningweg took a job too soon and it pretty much ruined his future chances because he looked too dumb at times. He wasn't ready.

JBHuskers
12-27-2013, 10:30 AM
So after the whole Cowboys song & dance, Romo has back surgery today. Shefty's BlackBerry doesn't lie folks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
12-29-2013, 02:50 PM
The Houston Texans are on the clock.

steelerfan
12-29-2013, 02:52 PM
The Houston Texans are on the clock.

ESPN - Texans lose 14th straight game, finish with 2-14 record, own No. 1 overall pick in 2014 draft

Fuck you, Tex-Ann fan. Assholes.

SmoothPancakes
12-29-2013, 05:20 PM
And the Browns hit the rewind button yet again. So long Chudzinski!

JBHuskers
12-29-2013, 05:57 PM
It's ridiculous to get rid of a coach after one year.

bdoughty
12-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Gahhh, fing overtime. The way the season has gone Pittsburgh will miss the playoffs because KC missed a freaking FG.

SmoothPancakes
12-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Gahhh, fing overtime. The way the season has gone Pittsburgh will miss the playoffs because KC missed a freaking FG.

:nod:

SmoothPancakes
12-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Every time they cut to Philip Rivers on the sideline, his faces makes him look like he's getting ready to fist fight someone. :D

bdoughty
12-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Thank you shitty KC backups, not that we really deserved to go to the playoffs.

steelerfan
12-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Meh. It's not KC's job to get Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

I'm content with the Steelers avoiding their first losing season since 2003, after the 0-4 start.

steelerfan
12-29-2013, 06:53 PM

Steelers victimized by my own prophecy. :D :fp:

jaymo76
12-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Thank you shitty KC backups, not that we really deserved to go to the playoffs.

Meh. It's not KC's job to get Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

I'm content with the Steelers avoiding their first losing season since 2003, after the 0-4 start.

I'm not a Chargers fan and surely not a Rivers fan but you have to give credit where credit is due. They defied all the odds and made it (granted 5 of the 6 conditions were out of their hands). The AFC is pretty weak this year but SD found a way to make it in while others could not.

jaymo76
12-29-2013, 06:56 PM
I love watching Cutler walking off the field... :D No playoffs for you Mr. Cutler!

steelerfan
12-29-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm not a Chargers fan and surely not a Rivers fan but you have to give credit where credit is due. They defied all the odds and made it (granted 5 of the 6 conditions were out of their hands). The AFC is pretty weak this year but SD found a way to make it in while others could not.

Steelers didn't face any backups.

I'm not going to be quick to give too much praise to San Diego for beating a team, in overtime no less, that sat 20 of 22 starters.

That said, I still fully recognize that it's not Kansas City's responsibility to get the Steelers in.

SmoothPancakes
12-29-2013, 07:40 PM
My Black Monday predictions (some of these not really predictions as they've been already widely reported on):

Rob Chudzinski (Browns)
Greg Schiano (Bucs)
Jason Garrett (Cowboys - If Eagles win SNF game)
Mike Smith (Falcons)
Jim Schwartz (Lions)
Dennis Allen (Raiders)
Mike Shanahan (Redskins)
Wade Phillips (Texans)
Leslie Frazier (Vikings)

Wildcard: Joe Philbin (Dolphins)
Gus Bradley (Jaguars)

psuexv
12-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Steelers victimized by my own prophecy. :D :fp:

Damn you :sf: :D

bdoughty
12-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Solid start by the Cowboys. :D If they lose it will take away some of the sting.

Rudy
12-29-2013, 08:12 PM
The Dolphins suck!! All you had to do was win one game in the final two against the Bills and Jets and you score a total of 7 freaking points? Joe Philbin was allegedly an offensive mind being the former OC of Green Bay but it's VERY clear he was just an OL coach with a fake title as McCarthy was the brains behind everything there. Heck, the Dolphins OL sucked! They can't run block at all and the scheme and play calling was so predictable. They never even moved Mike Wallace around and threw everything to him outside the numbers 90% of the time.

I want Philbin gone! I want GM Jeff Ireland gone! I think Ryan Tannehill is a decent QB that still has a chance but I question his accuracy, particularly on the consistent deep ball misses, and don't know if he's the answer. I'm so sick of this team.

This looks like a really weak year of NFL assistants being ready for a head coaching job. There are no great co-ordinators ready to take the reigns. I see college coaches or retreads being the theme this offseason. Maybe Greg Roman of SF but I'm really leery of hiring paper co-ordinators that have little say when the head coach runs the show.

GatorfanStovy
12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Do I buy a larger Jersey or sweat shirt for next weekend game vs GB? My first time going to a live NFL game, gonna be awesome!!

bdoughty
12-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Do I buy a larger Jersey or sweat shirt for next weekend game vs GB?

http://i.imgur.com/0Tw9eJG.jpg

GatorfanStovy
12-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Why confused ? I'm asking a simple questions to either buy a jesresy or a sweat shift to wear at next weekend games.

souljahbill
12-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Do I buy a larger Jersey or sweat shirt for next weekend game vs GB? My first time going to a live NFL game, gonna be awesome!!

Are you going to GB because if so, I'd suggest the sweatshirt. It'll probably be a smidge chilly.

bdoughty
12-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Why confused ? I'm asking a simple questions to either buy a jesresy or a sweat shift to wear at next weekend games.

Even more confused but I would assume keeping an eye on the weather channel might be the best bet. No clue what you meant by larger jersey but if you are a husky fella, just go shirtless. Problem solved.

At least the Cowboys lost.

GatorfanStovy
12-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Even more confused but I would assume keeping an eye on the weather channel might be the best bet. No clue what you meant by larger jersey but if you are a husky fella, just go shirtless. Problem solved.

At least the Cowboys lost.

A bigger jersey so I could fit it over a jacket . But ya going to bundle up Sunday for the game and lots of hands warmer and long johns under everything .

steelerfan
12-30-2013, 12:20 AM
lots of hands warmer

How many hands do you have??

bdoughty
12-30-2013, 12:36 AM
Some use them as Willie Warmers or Peter Heaters.

Edit: "Shame on me, I forgot, "Pig in a blanket."

skipwondah33
12-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Damn it

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/chiefs_missed_fg1.jpg?w=600&h=336

GatorfanStovy
12-30-2013, 09:25 AM
How many hands do you have??

Um only too but need extra for the gf too. Plus need back ups for when some stop working. I don't wanna freeze too much at the game . It is only suppose to be like 18 on Sunday I'm just glad it is a day game.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Um only too but need extra for the gf too. Plus need back ups for when some stop working. I don't wanna freeze too much at the game . It is only suppose to be like 18 on Sunday I'm just glad it is a day game.

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/bush-huh.jpg

steelerfan
12-30-2013, 10:09 AM

I don't even know where to begin with this mess.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Schiano just was fired by Tampa Bay. Rumor has it, he might go to Penn State of O'Brien leaves for Houston in the NFL.

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2013, 10:55 AM
My Black Monday predictions (some of these not really predictions as they've been already widely reported on):

Rob Chudzinski (Browns)
Greg Schiano (Bucs)
Jason Garrett (Cowboys - If Eagles win SNF game)
Mike Smith (Falcons)
Jim Schwartz (Lions)
Dennis Allen (Raiders)
Mike Shanahan (Redskins)
Wade Phillips (Texans)
Leslie Frazier (Vikings)

Wildcard: Joe Philbin (Dolphins)
Gus Bradley (Jaguars)

The list is coming together so far. Just a couple of others to still wait for word on.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 10:56 AM
The list is coming together so far. Just a couple of others to still wait for word on.

Word is Allen is safe. Schwartz is still 50/50. Mike Smith is definitely safe. I'm pretty sure Garrett is too.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Bye bye Schwartz. Had to be done. No discipline on that team.

skipwondah33
12-30-2013, 11:16 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306973/article/nfl-erred-on-kansas-city-chiefs-fieldgoal-attempt

Mike Florio was right.

Losing Pouncey in the first 3 minutes of the season

Levi Brown getting hurt during warmups and out for the season a week after the trade to get him

And then this :fp:

Sums up the season

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 11:21 AM
True, but granted the Steelers were LUCKY to even be in that position yesterday.

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 11:39 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/RomoOrton_zps305ed66e.jpg

skipwondah33
12-30-2013, 11:41 AM
True, but granted the Steelers were LUCKY to even be in that position yesterday.Took care of business, everyone else just didn't.

Improbable, but wouldn't call it luck. Steelers went 6-2 in their last 8.

Luck would be if Steelers on a last second FG that ricocheted in. Yet they dismantled the Browns.

Or if the Ravens weren't playing an undefeated at home Cincy team..while battling their own on the road woes....and Andy Dalton throwing 4 interceptions, yet still losing.

And the Jets beating down the Dolphins.

Those weren't lucky wins, kind of expected actually.

Now a Chargers team winning against a Chiefs team sitting 20 of their 22 starters...and KC being in range for a FG to win the game and put them out of the playoffs...yet said kicker missed.

Well that was some luck for SD lol

JBHuskers
12-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Rumor is Lovie Smith HC and Kubiak OC for Tampa Bay.

steelerfan
12-30-2013, 06:08 PM

:fp:

bdoughty
12-31-2013, 04:04 AM
Well since Pittsburgh is out so I gotta find someone to root for in the playoffs.

There will be a rematch with the New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl. Carolina wins it all and Brady can go suck it*.

He gets to go home to Gisele so he wins either way.

skipwondah33
12-31-2013, 09:08 AM

Lovie in Tampa would be good. Kubiak not sure

That team actually looks solid

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Cutler is very optimistic that he will re-sign with Chicago. I'm thinking he's not going to ask "Flacco Money". I think he's going for $15M per, which Da Bears should pay. The whole chemistry of the offense with Cutler, McCown, Forte, Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, and eventually Wilson is so good, that I think it's a MUST that Cutler and McCown are re-signed.

steelerfan
12-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Cutler is very optimistic that he will re-sign with Chicago. I'm thinking he's not going to ask "Flacco Money". I think he's going for $15M per, which Da Bears should pay. The whole chemistry of the offense with Cutler, McCown, Forte, Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, and eventually Wilson is so good, that I think it's a MUST that Cutler and McCown are re-signed.

Is McCown a FA?

If so, he played well enough to start somewhere and well be paid accordingly.

JBHuskers
12-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Is McCown a FA?

If so, he played well enough to start somewhere and well be paid accordingly.

Yes, but he's 34, will be 35. His 10-year body of work will override a few hot games. Not sure his market as a starter elsewhere is that high. He may only produce in Trestman's system. No guarantee he plays like that in a different system.

Rudy
12-31-2013, 01:34 PM

$15M is way too much for Cutler IMO. His 84 career QB rating warrants Alex Smith money. Paying over $10M would be too much for what is an average at best starting QB in the league. He's not even top 15.

steelerfan
12-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes, but he's 34, will be 35. His 10-year body of work will override a few hot games. Not sure his market as a starter elsewhere is that high. He may only produce in Trestman's system. No guarantee he plays like that in a different system.

He could start for 3-5 years somewhere. Look at a team like Cleveland. Or Minnesota. Or Jacksonville as examples of teams that could use a player like that.

SmoothPancakes
12-31-2013, 03:24 PM
A little late, but better late than never. :D

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1525592_1502865109938890_343993948_n.jpg

SmoothPancakes
12-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Also, this is hilarious as fuck. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-KAT5LiDog

bdoughty
12-31-2013, 05:55 PM
The Cowboy fan being all excited made the video epic.

SmoothPancakes
12-31-2013, 06:37 PM
The Cowboy fan being all excited made the video epic.

That too. :D It was funny as hell on its own, but then the Cowboys fan celebrating just pushed into the next level.

GatorfanStovy
01-04-2014, 06:04 PM
The Colts and Luck are just having a terrible day on offense throwing 4 picks already...

KC and Alex Smith is lighting up the defense. How far will can the Chiefs go with Smith at QB? Seems like a match made in heaven for Reid and smith. Would be a interesting super bowl for KC vs Sf if it came down to it.

GatorfanStovy
01-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Man the Colts are down by 3 now with 6 minutes to go. Gonna be a great 4th quarter if the Colts can stop the Chiefs. but they just failed on 3rd down. Colts really need some major help on pass defense.

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2014, 06:55 PM
How far will can the Chiefs go with Smith at QB?

It's looking like they'll be going for a wild card exit. :)

GatorfanStovy
01-04-2014, 07:23 PM
HA HA yup Chiefs choked again . Their defense needs some serious help in pass coverage. They just fell apart in the second half and lost it to Mr. clutch Luck.

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Goddamnit Eagles. :fp:

steelerfan
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Goddamnit Eagles. :fp:

?

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2014, 10:19 PM
?

A penalty on the kickoff return, their run defense couldn't stop a paper bag, and now the Saints are about to kick for the win in the final seconds. I couldn't possibly care any less for the Saints and wanted them to lose tonight. Seattle better be ready to smack the hell the out of them next week.

GatorfanStovy
01-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Yea terrible defense on the last drive for philly. Tough game tho much closer then that crap fest in Indy no defense at all.

Cant wait for 49ers game.. Woot , will be a damn cold one .. Hope the boys brough there warm weather gear with them to GB. Just hope it is a good defense battle ..

steelerfan
01-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Uh oh, Peyton Manning. Not only is it a playoff game next week, not only will the temperature likely be below 40°, but now Philip Rivers is coming to town. It's the holy trifecta of Manning kryptonite. Can you say, "ELIMINATION"?

I guess the goddamn Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
01-05-2014, 03:33 PM
I actually am looking forward to the game. I would much rather the Broncos face the Chargers and Philip Rivers than the Colts and Andrew Luck, based on the outcomes of games against those two teams during the season.