PDA

View Full Version : What Playbook is close to the Old FSU Fast Break Offense?

johntom2000
08-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Wanted to know from you playbook guru's which offense in the current game resembles FSU's playbook back when Charlie Ward was playing?

It seems like it was a mixture of pro-style and no huddle at times but I haven't found that perfect fit yet. Definitely open to suggestions.

gigemaggs99
08-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Not sure which one would be close to it in the current NCAA 14 playbooks, but you could always try and make it with the create a playbook feature...

Here is the FSU 1994 playbook .pdf, hope this helps.

http://www.footballxos.com/download/offense/college-offense/1994-Florida-State-Offensive-Playbook-Bowden-Richt.pdf

johntom2000
08-12-2013, 09:39 AM
The link is bad. It won't open

FSU
08-13-2013, 08:30 AM
In my opinion you can can actually use FSU's new playbook to run the Fast break offense. The only formation missing is the I slot formation. You can run Normal split and Split twins. You can just add the I split in custom playbooks. In 14 they have the new no huddle system where you have to stay with the same formations that have your personnel group in them. This makes it easy to go back and forth from I, I twin, Normal split and split twins. Adding I form split will allow you to go from split slot to I slot. I'm sure i'm getting the formations names wrong but hopefully you get the idea.

johntom2000
08-13-2013, 11:13 PM
In my opinion you can can actually use FSU's new playbook to run the Fast break offense. The only formation missing is the I slot formation. You can run Normal split and Split twins. You can just add the I split in custom playbooks. In 14 they have the new no huddle system where you have to stay with the same formations that have your personnel group in them. This makes it easy to go back and forth from I, I twin, Normal split and split twins. Adding I form split will allow you to go from split slot to I slot. I'm sure i'm getting the formations names wrong but hopefully you get the idea.

Ya, I re done the playbook. I am going to add the I split but, I am going take out all the "Pro" I forms and put in the other I forms that has the options in it. I took out all the singleback formations since they didn't run much of it in 94. As for split back, I think your talking about pro form split back? If so, the only one they have like that is the army split in the game. ya, I get the idea. Thanks for the help.

FSU
08-15-2013, 01:32 AM
http://smartfootball.com/passing/mark-richts-georgia-bulldogs-top-passing-concepts-shallow-stick-sailflood-with-all-22-film

When it comes to the passing concepts I think mark richt built many of FSU passing concepts around the shallow route. To make the Fastbreak offense more explosive and simplistic like it was in 93 I have added as many shallow concept plays for panther and rifle formations as I could. What I did next was organized them from what works best on the left hash, between the hash marks, and right hash. It makes it easier to call the plays and it keeps me from getting to complicated when I transition to the different I formations.

These are my 12 formations

I Form H Pro
I Form H Twins
I Form Slot Flex
SG Split -Base split
SG Split Offset - Panther split (I think this is from UGA playbook it has more of the Shallow routes in it, although its not the original alighnment)
SG Split Twins
SG Spread Flex -Rifle Split
SG Spread Flex Wk - Rifle Split
Split - Army split
Split - Pro

I have 2 audibles dedicated to base sets then my other 3 audibles are I form slot flex, I form H pro, and I form H twins. I can really confuse the defense. It gives me access to so many plays after I call my no huddle play.

I don't use the split pro or army split that much. FSU didn't use it that much either but it was popular in 1994. Its really a quick transition. The only player that moves is the QB from center to gun position. I can get out of a bad pro split play call pretty easily.

johntom2000
08-15-2013, 02:24 AM
http://smartfootball.com/passing/mark-richts-georgia-bulldogs-top-passing-concepts-shallow-stick-sailflood-with-all-22-film

When it comes to the passing concepts I think mark richt built many of FSU passing concepts around the shallow route. To make the Fastbreak offense more explosive and simplistic like it was in 93 I have added as many shallow concept plays for panther and rifle formations as I could. What I did next was organized them from what works best on the left hash, between the hash marks, and right hash. It makes it easier to call the plays and it keeps me from getting to complicated when I transition to the different I formations.

These are my 12 formations

I Form H Pro
I Form H Twins
I Form Slot Flex
SG Split -Base split
SG Split Offset - Panther split (I think this is from UGA playbook it has more of the Shallow routes in it, although its not the original alighnment)
SG Split Twins
SG Spread Flex -Rifle Split
SG Spread Flex Wk - Rifle Split
Split - Army split
Split - Pro

I have 2 audibles dedicated to base sets then my other 3 audibles are I form slot flex, I form H pro, and I form H twins. I can really confuse the defense. It gives me access to so many plays after I call my no huddle play.

I don't use the split pro or army split that much. FSU didn't use it that much either but it was popular in 1994. Its really a quick transition. The only player that moves is the QB from center to gun position. I can get out of a bad pro split play call pretty easily.

You totally read my mind on the formations. The pro formations standpoint. I played with them and really didn't get much out of them so, I probably won't even add them. As for the I form plays I like to switch them out to have the option (load, speed, and power) & option pass plays in it. The same goes with the SG dual RB formations. I add the option plays in there also but, look for alot passing plays that include the RB's on swing routes and flat routes.

As for the Singleback formations, I am thinking keeping the Trio formation as it has the same formation in the Shotgun also. This also goes for the Slot formation that has it both in WKU playbook. When I looked at the PDF I only saw Slot and Y-Trips in it so, I may just keep them.

You talk about shallow concepts. I add all the shallow crosses I can get in (X, Y, Z, and sometimes H) then stick, verts etc....from what I read for the PDF its run first then get the defense to load the box and then let it fly over the top. Which that how I play but, got side tracked with the Air Raid which isn't really how I row.

I been taking notes on the past few days from the PDF that has FSU 94 offense and took it for a test run in a OD game tonight in theory from WKU playbook (I just love that playbook, it has this offense we are talking about in planted in it). An lord to be hold I ended beating on of the top guys in the league just by running I-Form Power O, Blast, and Iso. Then piggy backing off PA Power O when he loads the box. So, the offense does work that's for sure.

The big thing to me will be and is I been playing with WKU playbook for about a week now and really like it but, you talked about UGA pb having more of the FSU 94 offense in it so, that tells me that it shouldn't take long to custom it out.

I had another FSU fan on here say that the FSU playbook has it in it expect for I-fom Slot. So, I will have to set down and see what playbook out of the 3 I am going to strip out.