PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 NCAA 14 OD: 2013 - Week 7

cdj
08-08-2013, 10:26 PM
The week will advance again on Sunday, August 11.

There are no User v User Games this week.

Off-week: #24 UL Lafayette (marcotte)

Good luck!

Xusemagru
08-09-2013, 04:43 AM
so is UL Lafayette our first user ranked team now?

Xusemagru
08-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Memphis gets destroyed by Houston 59-40. Zero defense was played this game as both teams combined for over 1300 yards of offense.

Houston: Passing - 29-39 for 436 with 4TDs and 0 INTs
Houston: Rushing - 22 for 202 and 4 TDs

Memphis: Passing 31-49 for 540 4 TDs and 2 INTs
Memphis: Rushing 37 for 154 1 TD

Only 2 punts the entire game

on a side note, anyone got any advice for defense. i cant stop anything, i cant tackle either. I use square they shrug it off, i use the hit stick they shrug it off. im just at a loss on that side of the ball

Marlowe
08-09-2013, 11:40 AM
on a side note, anyone got any advice for defense. i cant stop anything, i cant tackle either. I use square they shrug it off, i use the hit stick they shrug it off. im just at a loss on that side of the ball

Hit sticking is asking for a broken tackle more often than not. If you must hit stick make sure you're squared up and not doing it from the side or a bad angle. As far as tackling goes what's worked for me is just running towards the ball carrier and holding down X before making contact.

Against the CPU I've been calling more man under and usering the LDE to apply a pass rush. When I can get the animations to work (club, swim move, bull rush, etc.) it definitely causes the QB to hurry his passes and most of the time screw them up.

Deuce
08-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Well that sucks. Beat bowling Green 34-3 and when I exit I get some error about the latest tuning update. My game was not saved. Grrrrrrr

Ill play again tomorrow.

Typed by thumbs.

psusnoop
08-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Georgia State rolls Troy 56-28 last night as QB Bell completely went off 15-20 247yds 5TD's and 0Int's, he also added 12 carries 68yds.

HANDSWARD
08-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else has been experiencing this glitch, but I am playing my game right now and my RB is randomly pitching the ball back to nobody when I am using the sprint trigger. It has happened 3 times now, all resulting in turnovers. The second one was run back to my own 1 yard line and followed by a prompt TD for the CPU. I'm pretty pissed at the moment. If anyone knows why this happens or has a way to avoid it I am all ears.

HANDSWARD
08-10-2013, 07:05 PM
And of course, they score on me first play after that one. F it, I rage quit. Hopefully it was an issue with that game. Going to try again.

psusnoop
08-10-2013, 08:06 PM
I've not ran across this yet Hands. Sounds really crappy though!!!

HANDSWARD
08-10-2013, 08:50 PM
I've not ran across this yet Hands. Sounds really crappy though!!!

I have seen it once before, but I figured I had accidentally hit L1 that time. This time there was no doubt in my mind, L1 was not pressed. It happened once on a kick return and twice on runs to the outside where I was in the open field.

No issues after I restarted. Only thing I did differently than when I normally play games was I went into practice mode just to brush off any dust from not playing for a week. I did a complete reboot before I played again and went straight into my game.

Xusemagru
08-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I have seen it once before, but I figured I had accidentally hit L1 that time. This time there was no doubt in my mind, L1 was not pressed. It happened once on a kick return and twice on runs to the outside where I was in the open field.

No issues after I restarted. Only thing I did differently than when I normally play games was I went into practice mode just to brush off any dust from not playing for a week. I did a complete reboot before I played again and went straight into my game.

i have not experienced this yet and i run the option alot (not that that matters with this glitch) but i think it has something to do with going into practice mode before going into a game. at least thats what it sounds like

cdj
08-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I have not heard of that one, HANDS. I don't blame you for quitting.

FAU with a solid 24-17 win over Marshall. FAU QB goes 8 of 10, Marshall QB 19 of 25 - no INTs for either! The CPU running game could have been better, but overall it seemed like the best game of the year so far in terms of feel (sliders).

5-2 FAU is next in action against 4-3 Old Dominion (Deuce).

Escobar, JB, & bj remain.