PDA

View Full Version : Using chew clock to keep your opponent from ever touching the ball

johntom2000
08-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Who uses it? I see members over at OS having a debate about it. Its a good strategy to have and I do use it when I play.

Rcktfan916
08-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Who uses it? I see members over at OS having a debate about it. Its a good strategy to have and I do use it when I play.

I don't just because I feel it's a little unfair. Now obviously teams in real life like to hold the ball to limit the number of times the opponent gets the ball, but they play for 60 mins, impossible to hold the ball the hold game, where as in the game your only playing between 20-32 mins most likely so there is a chance you could keep the ball the entire time, so for that reason I don't use it, now if I was playing 15 mon quarters then all bets are off. Just my philosophy though.

cdj
08-06-2013, 11:55 AM
In a 5+ minute quarter game, I don't think it's that bad as each team will get some possessions.

This is currently an issue in Ultimate Team as users can control the clock for an entire half with the mode utilizing 3 minute quarters.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
08-06-2013, 05:26 PM
cheap to use unless 8 or 9 minute quarters

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

IG Archangel
08-06-2013, 08:27 PM
those are the kind of people you see abusing something in game to make it more realistic but instead abusing it to their advantage. its not technically wrong. but morally its disgusting. and if someone played like that against me split screening theyd be lucky to hold the doorknob to leave my room let alone the football in the game.

irishfbfan1
08-06-2013, 10:03 PM
cheap to use unless 8 or 9 minute quarters

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

yes this is so true. that is why when I
say you need to play within your environment, and that environment is going to be different with style of play, rules, play calling etc....really and truly there is a place all of us could call our specific environment where the style of play and rules fit what we believe in. Yes i am probably SIM, BUT I disagree with some environments who say
you should not call the same play more than a specific number of times, this is not sim because most coaches now are adopting the phil9osophy of using fewer concepts but doing so out of multiple folrmations for window dressing. The idea here is be simple but look complicated.

As for milking the clock i agree, only use wbhen playing in the proper venue.

WolverineJay
08-07-2013, 01:29 AM
Yeah this type of strategy was outlawed in my last few OD's with my brothers. Only could use chew the clock at very end of the 1st half or end of the game prior to a QB Kneel. Cheap, weak, pathetic video game strategy in my book when used for the entire game, especially outside of OD where the quarters are over so quick using a normal pace.

ram29jackson
08-08-2013, 05:35 PM
In a 5+ minute quarter game, I don't think it's that bad as each team will get some possessions.

This is currently an issue in Ultimate Team as users can control the clock for an entire half with the mode utilizing 3 minute quarters.

no big deal, those games are purely for tokens and a win is a bonus. And quite frankly my defense inside the 10 yrd line makes them keep the ball longer then they expected because I make it a bitch getting in the end zone LOL.

Yes,some cheese at times is involved, but if you are going to be a dick and never punt and waste 6 minutes...screw you....I played a guy last night who did all that AND I BEAT HIM 3 NOTHING. You want to grind baby, I'll grind...and i'll grate your cheese :D