PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles and PA Screens

RussellW65
08-03-2013, 03:44 PM
What do you look for in calling these plays? I like them but cannot seem to call them at the right time.

Jrok11
08-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I first look at are they playing a lot of zone defense or man-to-man. Are they blitzing on first down or in certain situations like third and long? Is there somebody lined up directly over them or is it a LB or Safety that has responsibility in man-to-man? Those are the things that I look for.

irishfbfan1
08-07-2013, 07:45 AM
jrock makes some outsanding points and i would only add, tie these plays into a package that would enable you to call one when you get this particular look, and the other when you get tbhis look. just like in real life the bubble goes hand inhand with your zone read, and here is where the importance of reading the "box" is so important. we want to make sure to run the ball when the defense has depleted the box to stop the pass, and we want to throw the ball when the defense starts adding and stacking defenders, more than we can block mathmatically. As you can see the decision on what plays to call and when are made easy by analyzing the defenses intentions. This can be aplied to the video game and dont allow anybody to tel you differentl. Your mission is being able to tie in these plays and available at your fingertips. Also, i like to check to other plays while staying within the formatio i came out in for several reasons but too long to discuss here. Now, what if you are more of a pro style guy instead of spread option? CAN this same sort of philosophy be used? The answer is yes, and you do so like they are doing once again in real life by tying your run game in with your quick game. Now instead of the zone and bubble package you might have power and slants package or the pro guys run inside and outside zone so you could package wi8th slants or even stick.

The big thing is can you find a way through your play calling system to organize the plays you need with formation, plays to come out with, regular audibles and formation audibles that will allow you to get in and out of the properplays without having to change formations, and still be able to get the play off befole the ref starts throwing his panties. i know you can!

irishfbfan1
08-07-2013, 07:48 AM
guys my cpu is down so i am typing from my iphone and xbox sometimes and that is why all the mispellings im so sorry