PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 College Football Discussion

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Let's kick off a new thread with the winning logo for the playoff for next year. (I voted on this one too, thought about the Captain America one, but voted on what won). Overall, all logos were kinda blehhhhh.

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/College-Football-Playoff-Logo-Revealed.jpg

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Boring name. Boring logo. Yeah, they're already off to a riveting start with this new playoff.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Boring name. Boring logo. Yeah, they're already off to a riveting start with this new playoff.

All the logos were boring. But then again, it's a logo.

morsdraconis
04-29-2013, 04:00 PM
(yawn)

Does the playoff actually start with this coming year's season or is it still another season away? Gotta say, college football is becoming INCREDIBLY tedious with the lack of a playoff system that gives someone besides the same 10 teams a chance at the championship.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 05:30 PM
(yawn)

Does the playoff actually start with this coming year's season or is it still another season away? Gotta say, college football is becoming INCREDIBLY tedious with the lack of a playoff system that gives someone besides the same 10 teams a chance at the championship.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

morsdraconis
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
:fdown:

Damn 2013 is gonna be LONG. :(

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 06:33 PM
:fdown:

Damn 2013 is gonna be LONG. :(

That's what she said.

Soapy
04-30-2013, 09:13 PM
The committee for deciding the playoff teams needs to be top notch. I don't want a bunch of old farts with ties to certain AD's and certain schools. We need some young people, some broadcasters and media personnel -- not just a bunch of retired coaches and ADs. There's going to be bias but let's try to limit it.

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 09:43 PM
I heard someone make a good point. It kinda looks like a vagina.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/04/29/c01-sline-logo-30_001-4_3_r536_c534.jpg?1b79b3da202957124496e3768cfb7b67 cdb10c81

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2013, 09:46 PM
I don't know how the hell I didn't notice that before now. Or maybe I did subconsciously, but it never mentally connected.

gschwendt
05-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Schedules for every team...
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2013-14-ncaa-team-schedules.pdf?sf12322188=1

CLW
05-01-2013, 04:21 PM
:Louisville: has a real shot to run the table. Now the question is IF they do would they make the BCS title game over 1 loss :Alabama: or 1 loss :Texas_A&M:

LeeSO
05-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Aggies looking to add seats, up capacity.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9233122/texas-aggies-approve-plans-seat-more-100000-sec-largest-stadium

SCClassof93
05-02-2013, 08:20 AM
:Louisville: has a real shot to run the table. Now the question is IF they do would they make the BCS title game over 1 loss :Alabama: or 1 loss :Texas_A&M:

Well, if fans and media decide probably. Now if former coaches and players decide......or people that have played the game and know talent then no way.

CLW
05-02-2013, 12:40 PM
NCAA bans use of "#..." on fields. #ThankYouNCAA! :nod:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-bans-hashtags-field-boo-nofunpolice-221154341.html

JBHuskers
05-02-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't know how the hell I didn't notice that before now. Or maybe I did subconsciously, but it never mentally connected.

The winner of the College Football Playoff will win the Golden Vag!

Deuce
05-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Notre Dame confirms starting QB Everett Golson no longer enrolled. WTH?!!

http://www.wndu.com/sports/ndfootball/headlines/Golson-out-ND-208970441.html?device=phone

Typed by thumbs.

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 03:10 PM
ESPN NCAAF - Notre Dame's Everett Golson tells ESPN's Tom Rinaldi he has been suspended for fall term due to "poor academic judgment"

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

baseballplyrmvp
05-26-2013, 05:07 PM
the 2 rumors are that he either cheated on a test or plagarized on a paper.

Cody
05-26-2013, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ayxiRngw_Qc

baseballplyrmvp
05-26-2013, 11:28 PM
very few recruits hold a commitment longer than a couple of months. there's only a slim chance he'll stay committed for a year.

psusnoop
05-28-2013, 03:11 AM
ESPN NCAAF - Notre Dame's Everett Golson tells ESPN's Tom Rinaldi he has been suspended for fall term due to "poor academic judgment"

Ouch, this one is going to sting a little.

JBHuskers
08-01-2013, 02:29 PM
USA Today Coaches Preseason Poll:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/JBHuskers/rankings1_zpsf90698a9.png
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/JBHuskers/rankings2_zpse5756b05.png
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/JBHuskers/rankings3_zpse320fe1f.png

SCClassof93
08-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Why is Nebraska highlighted in urine? :D

JBHuskers
08-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Why is Nebraska highlighted in urine? :D

Because I was logged in to ESPN :P

SCClassof93
08-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Hopefully we can not only have a confidence points competition this season but also an "against the spread" league with maybe the winner getting $20 psn codes from the losers :nod:

psusnoop
08-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Hopefully we can not only have a confidence points competition this season but also an "against the spread" league with maybe the winner getting $20 psn codes from the losers :nod:

I really like this idea of a league! You want to start it up?

bdoughty
08-04-2013, 02:32 AM

http://i.imgur.com/p66RnF9.gif

SCClassof93
08-04-2013, 07:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/p66RnF9.gif

Don't think of it as gambling (you are still a recovering addict right?:D) think of it as an entry fee:D

SCClassof93
08-04-2013, 07:30 AM
I really like this idea of a league! You want to start it up?

I can start the thread sure, do we want to use espn???? I think booster is the only way to go (losers will pay) but I have not been here nearly as long as some of you. $20 psn code was just a random idea, we can do more or less or something else. Plus I don't want to start anything like this without an admin's approval. We have almost 3 weeks to figure it out :D

SCClassof93
08-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Either could be the prize depending on the winner's preference...............

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Io17jh4IL.jpg or http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71a1bmgxmWL._SL1500_.jpg

SCClassof93
08-04-2013, 07:48 AM
snoop, we could also depending on how many join have prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd..............or winner take all :nod:

bdoughty
08-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Don't think of it as gambling (you are still a recovering addict right?:D) think of it as an entry fee:D

It was a reaction toward the PSN Codes, leaving us poor 360 owners out in the cold. ;)

SCClassof93
08-04-2013, 08:19 AM
It was a reaction toward the PSN Codes, leaving us poor 360 owners out in the cold. ;)

So you are no longer recovering? :D

cdj
08-04-2013, 05:23 PM
The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned. Two sources tell "Outside the Lines" that the Texas A&M quarterback agreed to sign memorabilia in exchange for a five-figure flat fee during his trip to Miami for the Discover BCS National Championship. Both sources said they witnessed the signing, though neither saw the actual exchange of money.

Three sources said Manziel signed photographs, footballs, mini football helmets and other items at the request of an autograph broker named Drew Tieman. Two sources, who are aware of the signing arrangement, told "Outside the Lines" that Tieman approached Manziel on Jan. 6, when he landed at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to attend the game between Alabama and Notre Dame the next day.

After that meeting, three sources said, Manziel, accompanied by his friend and personal assistant Nathan Fitch, visited Tieman's residence and signed hundreds of items in the main room of the apartment despite the fact that there were many people in the room. Before Manziel left South Florida, after taking in the title game, he signed hundreds of autographs more, one source said.

Link (http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs)

baseballplyrmvp
08-04-2013, 06:26 PM
kid is a sophomore in college and already he has a personal assistant. :smh:

bdoughty
08-04-2013, 06:26 PM
So you are no longer recovering? :D

Never had a gambling problem? Maybe you are thinking about someone else.

bdoughty
08-04-2013, 06:27 PM
kid is a sophomore in college and already he has a personal assistant. :smh:

Personal assistant probably should have informed him that gong to a frat party in Austin was not a bright idea.

gigemaggs99
08-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Personal assistant probably should have informed him that gong to a frat party in Austin was not a bright idea.

Being an 'Ol Ag, class of '99 it is beyond me and other Ags why on earth he's at t.u.

I understand he likes to party but why on earth would you go there? Strange.

steelerfan
08-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Being an 'Ol Ag, class of '99 it is beyond me and other Ags why on earth he's at t.u.

I understand he likes to party but why on earth would you go there? Strange.

He's a complete idiot who is out of control, or so it appears.

bdoughty
08-04-2013, 11:50 PM
He's a complete idiot who is out of control, or so it appears.

All I know is that A&M plays Rice and Sam Houston St before a big time early season matchup with Alabama. Those cupcakes are not going to help the Aggies prepare for Alabama. Saban won't let Bama leave College Station without a win. Their schedule is setup perfectly for an easy "W." A game with Va Tech and then an open week. Lose a few SEC games and Johnny Football will be forgotten.

CLW
08-05-2013, 06:41 AM
yep at this point A&M might not even make a bowl game this year. this has TRAIN WRECK written all over it thanks to an immature Johnny Football.

psusnoop
08-06-2013, 07:34 AM
snoop, we could also depending on how many join have prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd..............or winner take all :nod:

Sorry wasn't online much if at all the last couple of days.

Depending on the interest level we could spread things out. It would be better for everyone if we did that's for sure.

psusnoop
08-06-2013, 07:34 AM
yep at this point A&M might not even make a bowl game this year. this has TRAIN WRECK written all over it thanks to an immature Johnny Football.

Complete TRAIN WRECK!!

skipwondah33
08-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Johnny fucking up plain and simple...and it seems he just doesn't care

Escobar
08-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't think this will affect him at all on the field if he plays. I've been with plenty of teammates and friends who go out and do stuff just like this and then show up on the track/football field and not skip a beat like nothing even happened. It's just that no one was around to report it or it didn't make it to the public. When you are that talented you have to find an outlet for all that energy when you aren't competing, you can't just sit in your room and twiddle your thumbs. I bet he comes on stronger just to prove all the "haters" wrong, things like this just give you extra motivation/determination.

gigemaggs99
08-06-2013, 05:42 PM
I guess the thing that's disappointing to me is there aren't too many awesome college football players that play 4 years. Seems like they come in, play 1 maybe 2 years and then move onto the NFL. I'm not saying Johnny is NFL material but he probably wasn't going to play 4 years here anyways, so why on earth can't you just play football for 1 or 2 years, then get money when you move past it?

This "excuse" he keeps saying that he's just a normal 20 year old college kid...are you kidding me? When I was 20 at A&M I didn't get to travel all over, go to the national championship game, win a heisman, etc..etc...he's not thinking clearly. There are less than 130 starting QBs in the NCAA, just being a starter is not a "normal college kid".

It's very very disappointing.

Who knows how it's all going to play out, but to throw away an opportunity to play for a good team, have a chance at playing big time college football, for what? $7500 for rims for a car? Seriously?

I hope we have a good back-up, who know's Sumlin might be able to work his magic. If we have a QB that can run the offense we might still do alright. JF was never an awesome passer to begin with. His scrambling ability got him out of a lot of jams so it's not like he was running the plays as they were drawn up....perhaps a different QB that will read his progressions and run the offense will work out better in the long run. One of our biggest worries with JF was him running wild and getting hurt. The backup needs to be able to run the offense the way it's drawn up.

I was talking with my wife, this NCAA football stuff always seems like a drama lawyer show....I've never been in a court room and actually seen how it really plays out, was selected for jury duty, made it to 16 and was cut...so I've never actually seen how it works. I'm sure it's not all like T.V. but it seems like the NCAA always ALWAYS does some psycho research, gathers all their facts then....approaches the university in question and drops "feeder lines"..."So university X, we're looking into X situation, you wouldn't happen to know anything about this would you...????"

As much as I don't care for Bob Stoops, OU is the only one I can think of in the last couple of years that owned up to it. When they (NCAA) approached OU about Rhett Bomar being paid to "work" at a car dealership OU owned up to it, cut him, and admitted to it. The NCAA was fine with that, they moved on.

All the other teams seem to not take the "hint". USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A&M, etc.. etc... they all seem be approached by the NCAA and respond with something like, "We are un-aware of anything like that...." then BOOM the NCAA drops the hammer of evidence. It's like they (NCAA) gives them the benefit of the doubt till the bitter end, "come clean and we'll work with you"...type of thing.... it seems like none of these schools get the idea that they are caught.

For A&M to say they had no idea about this is STUPID. They can't blindly sell his jersey, his likeness, etc..etc...and just on a hope and prayer assume he's a saint. If they invest their reputation in him or another "student athlete" they should have a personal adviser assigned to him to watch his every move. Like it or not, if the "kid" thinks he's a normal 20 year old college kid, he needs a baby-sitter to protect his and the University's best interest.

Not that these 2 things compare 100% but it's like Penn State firing Joe-Pa, everyone freaked out, I think really behind the scenes the NCAA brought all the info to the regents and they said, WOAH we need to do some damage control....

I'm nervous as to what more will come of this....to say A&M knew nothing of this is just dumb.

Oh the drama....:bang:

gigemaggs99
08-06-2013, 05:49 PM
All I know is that A&M plays Rice and Sam Houston St before a big time early season matchup with Alabama. Those cupcakes are not going to help the Aggies prepare for Alabama. Saban won't let Bama leave College Station without a win. Their schedule is setup perfectly for an easy "W." A game with Va Tech and then an open week. Lose a few SEC games and Johnny Football will be forgotten.

We heard the same talk last year, A&M will suffer in the SEC...yeah yeah...the other thing is, the schedules are made in advance...a lot of our schedule is out of whack b/c we changed conferences so they have to scramble to get open dates with other teams. Bama has been in the SEC for years so the only teams they needed to add were A&M and Mizzu.

I laugh when I hear this "schedule talk". Last year we played Florida for our first game. All the "experts" will marvel at how Florida was able to contain JF, they fail to mention our first game was cancelled due to a hurricane. So it was actually our first game of the year. It was Florida's 3rd game. It was JF's first game ever in college, first game ever in our offense, so I'm no expert but I seriously doubt he had the full playbook at his knowledge and disposal, like later in the year.

Like I said earlier, hopefully we have a good backup LOL!

bdoughty
08-06-2013, 07:29 PM
We heard the same talk last year, A&M will suffer in the SEC...yeah yeah...the other thing is, the schedules are made in advance...a lot of our schedule is out of whack b/c we changed conferences so they have to scramble to get open dates with other teams. Bama has been in the SEC for years so the only teams they needed to add were A&M and Mizzu.

I laugh when I hear this "schedule talk". Last year we played Florida for our first game. All the "experts" will marvel at how Florida was able to contain JF, they fail to mention our first game was cancelled due to a hurricane. So it was actually our first game of the year. It was Florida's 3rd game. It was JF's first game ever in college, first game ever in our offense, so I'm no expert but I seriously doubt he had the full playbook at his knowledge and disposal, like later in the year.

Like I said earlier, hopefully we have a good backup LOL!

All good points but I still have a feeling Saban will roll through College Station with a "W." That said it would make for an interesting avatar bet, since we share a similar nemesis. A&M wins and I will sport a Texas Longhorn avatar of your choosing. Bama wins and you sport a Texas Longhorn avatar of my choosing. To the end if the season/BCS Championship.

SCClassof93
08-06-2013, 07:42 PM
All good points but I still have a feeling Saban will roll through College Station with a "W." That said it would make for an interesting avatar bet, since we share a similar nemesis. A&M wins and I will sport a Texas Longhorn avatar of your choosing. Bama wins and you sport a Texas Longhorn avatar of my choosing. To the end if the season/BCS Championship.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlx1IlnazODqiiDGblSeADtIEjufx9-YGxF7Rt55ECyAO02fZF

gigemaggs99
08-06-2013, 09:19 PM

silly double post

gigemaggs99
08-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Did you graduate from ou?

It was my understanding that ya'll didn't recognize them as a real university and vice versa.

gigemaggs99
08-06-2013, 09:24 PM
This would be my choice.

https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/e71a91b6a4d9d8cca7c59fa1ec0257c1/full.gif

bdoughty
08-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Did you graduate from ou?

It was my understanding that ya'll didn't recognize them as a real university and vice versa.

No, everyone else in my family did, except my mom who went to Okie St and we do hold it against her. I went to West Texas STATE (yep I am that old).

I recognize Austin as a liberal shithole with a university of T-Sippers and the only thing remotely good to come out of the university was this joke.

NSFW - Buttcrack but it is hot buttcrack.

http://www.sharenator.com/Moar_Random_Stumbleupon_Pics/University_of_Texas_Longhorn_Logo-158527.html

If you decide to play this little avatar bet. This is what you will be wearing for the next seven months.

http://i.imgur.com/dAJZeoE.jpg

That way it wont be annoying for everyone. Except Ram, due to them being living, breathing women. No young boys in football gear and a complete lack of socks.

baseballplyrmvp
08-07-2013, 11:40 PM
It was JF's first game ever in college, first game ever in our offense, so I'm no expert but I seriously doubt he had the full playbook at his knowledge and disposal, like later in the year.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Z-cuiWJieWM/UcN0rB9EKpI/AAAAAAAAA34/rRPiyqk15Mw/s1600/Manziel2.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zol3uiB40Mw/UcN0rNU_JYI/AAAAAAAAA38/JY4RNW6Z_DY/s1600/Manziel3.png

*courtesy of prevail and ride (http://prevailandride.blogspot.com/)

psusnoop
08-08-2013, 07:54 AM
:D

gigemaggs99
08-08-2013, 08:00 PM
:up:

ram29jackson
08-09-2013, 12:11 PM
so..college jerseys don't exist anymore ?

Manziel wont be punished or what ever. The NCAA Has to make money off the games on tv now of course.

the NCAA is slowly dying

bdoughty
08-09-2013, 07:05 PM
so..college jerseys don't exist anymore ?

Manziel wont be punished or what ever. The NCAA Has to make money off the games on tv now of course.

the NCAA is slowly dying

Overreaction much? The NCAA is far from dying. CLC is the one that handles the licensing. What got the NCAA in trouble was they were allowing searches for current players names to bring you to a product page for that number. The NCAA will no longer be selling uniforms in their store, which as of today has been taken down.

You can still buy jerseys from a million different places, including college stores.

Nike
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/collegiate/80o

OU official Shop
http://shop.soonersports.com/COLLEGE_Oklahoma_Sooners_Mens_Jerseys/Nike_Oklahoma_Sooners_Number_10_Game_Football_Jers ey_-_Crimson

A&M Official Shop - selling quite a few Adidas #2's
https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/ViewCategory.dbml?_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=27300&ITMCATID=60511

Escobar
08-10-2013, 08:25 PM
As much as I don't care for Bob Stoops, OU is the only one I can think of in the last couple of years that owned up to it. When they (NCAA) approached OU about Rhett Bomar being paid to "work" at a car dealership OU owned up to it, cut him, and admitted to it. The NCAA was fine with that, they moved on.

I was at OU when this happened, and they pretty much had no choice but to admit it. There was no way denying it, because Rhett and his roommate (the offensive lineman that also got kicked off the team) put the information on their tax returns :smh:...It worked out to something like them getting paid thousands of dollars per hour. Plus it was better timing for them to go ahead and suspend them at the beginning of the season so they could move PT back to QB from WR.

bdoughty
08-15-2013, 08:56 AM
CBS Sports network releases schedule of games.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/8/14/4621108/cbs-sports-network-releases-college-football-schedule

SCClassof93
08-15-2013, 09:07 AM
CBS Sports network releases schedule of games.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/8/14/4621108/cbs-sports-network-releases-college-football-schedule

Halloween night baby!!! Can't wait for Shippensburg vs. Bloomsburg :D:fp:

bdoughty
08-15-2013, 09:45 AM

Don't be hating on Div II. My former college is on the schedule.

Sept. 12, 8 p.m. ET Chadron State vs. West Texas A&M

psusnoop
08-15-2013, 12:38 PM

These are two very close colleges near Eric and I :nod:

But having said that, I will probably not watch :D

SCClassof93
08-15-2013, 12:51 PM
These are two very close colleges near Eric and I :nod:

But having said that, I will probably not watch :D

I am going to plan something more exciting, like folding socks :nod:

psusnoop
08-15-2013, 12:55 PM

bdoughty
08-16-2013, 06:44 AM

You and Ram sitting in a tree, folding socks and diddling...

http://i.imgur.com/qZpeTNo.gif

SCClassof93
08-16-2013, 08:11 AM
You and Ram sitting in a tree, folding socks and diddling...

http://i.imgur.com/qZpeTNo.gif

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/I_43a113_2047469.jpg

CLW
08-16-2013, 11:35 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130815140927-shayne-skov-p1-single-image-cut.jpg
Revenge of the Nerds: How the 'smart schools' got good at football

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130815/nerds-stanford-northwestern-vanderbilt/#ixzz2c9PI8MdK

baseballplyrmvp
08-16-2013, 10:14 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130815140927-shayne-skov-p1-single-image-cut.jpg
Revenge of the Nerds: How the 'smart schools' got good at football

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130815/nerds-stanford-northwestern-vanderbilt/#ixzz2c9PI8MdK

iirc, stanford assigns a personal tutor to every football player. the school does everything it possibly can to make sure their kids earn a degree.

Canes Fan
08-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Golson is such a nerd.

CLW
08-17-2013, 01:13 PM
iirc, stanford assigns a personal tutor to every football player. the school does everything it possibly can to make sure their kids earn a degree.

i personally dont have a problem with tutors (presuming its the students doing the ACTUAL work). these kids put in allot of hours practicing, studying film, etc... where the "regular" students most are on scholarship, loands and/or mommy/daddy money.

baseballplyrmvp
08-17-2013, 01:26 PM
i personally dont have a problem with tutors (presuming its the students doing the ACTUAL work). these kids put in allot of hours practicing, studying film, etc... where the "regular" students most are on scholarship, loands and/or mommy/daddy money.

ya, i dont either, but we are talking about stanford. these kids are freakin geniuses. i know a lot of schools offer tutoring positions to the advanced upper classmen, which are paid positions. i was just saying that stanford actually takes the time to set up each football player with their own tutor. they try to go above and beyond to make sure that their students are set up for huge success.

JBHuskers
08-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Johnny Savings :D Not subtle at all...this is for an Oklahoma dealership.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXu6l2EVcG4

SCClassof93
08-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Check it out
http://www.winsipedia.com/

ram29jackson
08-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Johny Football suspended for one whole half of football game

morsdraconis
08-28-2013, 03:42 PM
:smh:

College football is such a fuckin' sham

skipwondah33
08-28-2013, 03:52 PM

College football is such a fuckin' sham:+1:

A half...against Rice.

No one signs that many autographs for free.

Like what Shannon Sharpe said

Manning and Brady are both worth 100+ million and wouldn't sign that many for free

But ole' Johnny Manziel would?

JBHuskers
08-28-2013, 04:03 PM

College football is such a fuckin' sham

Yet Dez Bryant suspended for a whole season about not coming clean about a LUNCH with Deion Sanders.

psusnoop
08-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Yet Dez Bryant suspended for a whole season about not coming clean about a LUNCH with Deion Sanders.

I've been done with the NCAA for a long time, it's a complete joke.

CLW
08-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Yeah its odd especially considering the current lawsuit.

The NCAA and A&M agreed on the one-half suspension because Manziel violated NCAA bylaw 12.5.2.1, an NCAA representative confirmed. The rule says student-athletes cannot permit their names or likenesses to be used for commercial purposes, including to advertise, recommend or promote sales of commercial products, or accept payment for the use of their names or likenesses.

Under the NCAA's logic EVERY SINGLE STUDENT ATHLETE is in violation of 12.5.2.1 as they are permitting their likeness to be used for commercial purposes (sell NCAA Football 14) unless they have sued the NCAA/EA for it.

Again assuming you buy the logic that EA is selling a player's likeness, the ENTIRE college football roster should be suspended for at least the first 1/2 of play of the first game of the season. Fans v. Fans anyone?

SmoothPancakes
08-29-2013, 02:06 AM
:fp:

Go fuck yourself NCAA. I hope Keller/O'Bannon fucking bankrupt you fucking cock suckers.

gigemaggs99
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Sure would be nice to know what was said in these long closed door meetings between JFF and the NCAA Saturday and Sunday. Who knows maybe they made some sort of a deal, it is about making money after all and the NCAA stands to lose a lot if he doesn't play, that's doesn't make anything right/wrong but it does confirm everything is about money...sad but true.

The talk here in Aggieland is, we're happy he's playing, the suspension is strange though, if he is in trouble for signing things, look on ebay, there are multiple big name players, Clowney, Bridgewater, etc..etc.. there are multiple things for sale that have their autographs on them....why aren't they being suspended for 1/2 a game?

Don't get me wrong, it still all smells fishy and it seems like JFF is getting away with something, it just confirms the NCAA doesn't rule things equally, why are some schools hammered with penalties, others are giving a slap on the wrist? If it's against the RULES for NCAA players to sign autographs, why is JFF the only one being punished?

SCClassof93
08-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Sure would be nice to know what was said in these long closed door meetings between JFF and the NCAA Saturday and Sunday. Who knows maybe they made some sort of a deal, it is about making money after all and the NCAA stands to lose a lot if he doesn't play, that's doesn't make anything right/wrong but it does confirm everything is about money...sad but true.

The talk here in Aggieland is, we're happy he's playing, the suspension is strange though, if he is in trouble for signing things, look on ebay, there are multiple big name players, Clowney, Bridgewater, etc..etc.. there are multiple things for sale that have their autographs on them....why aren't they being suspended for 1/2 a game?

Don't get me wrong, it still all smells fishy and it seems like JFF is getting away with something, it just confirms the NCAA doesn't rule things equally, why are some schools hammered with penalties, others are giving a slap on the wrist? If it's against the RULES for NCAA players to sign autographs, why is JFF the only one being punished?

If money is what it is all about then it is wrong. It is wrong whether it is called wrong or not. I think the ebay issue with other players autographs is simple; did THEY get the money, or someone else? Players can sign for free, but we can't expect to not see them sold by the folks that get the signature but would rather have the money it brings.

Anyway, all my plans for today have been sunk.........enjoy "self employment Matt" :fp:

steelerfan
08-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Anyway, all my plans for today have been sunk.........enjoy "self employment Matt" :fp:

Not sure what you do, but in my line of work there is only one day per month where I have to be somewhere at a specific time. :)

SmoothPancakes
08-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Whoops. :D

SCClassof93
08-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Whoops. :D

Made in China :fp::D

SCClassof93
08-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Not sure what you do, but in my line of work there is only one day per month where I have to be somewhere at a specific time. :)

I have to be ready when a "deal" presents itself. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
08-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Damn! I almost had it perfect. My dynasty game, Utah State at Utah, Utah led 14-10 in the second quarter, before a field goal with one second left cut it to 14-13 Utah at halftime. The real life Utah State at Utah game, Utah was leading 14-10, Utah State facing third and goal, with 20-some seconds left. Utah State ended up scoring a touchdown on the play to take a 17-14 lead with 20 seconds left until halftime, but damn, talk about almost perfectly nailing the halftime score. :D

steelerfan
08-30-2013, 10:10 AM
I have to be ready when a "deal" presents itself. :fp:

Ahh. Drugs. Hell of a business.

JBHuskers
08-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Made in China :fp::D

No, that would be Carorin.

SCClassof93
08-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Ahh. Drugs. Hell of a business.

Nah, real estate is even worse :fp:

SCClassof93
08-30-2013, 12:06 PM
No, that would be Carorin.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/157/122/f.gif

volsfan
08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
The South Carolina freshman place kicker has since been ruled ineligible for the first half of the next game for receiving improper benefits from the sale of the letter "A."

SCClassof93
08-30-2013, 12:30 PM
The South Carolina freshman place kicker has since been ruled ineligible for the first half of the next game for receiving improper benefits from the sale of the letter "A."

You need an avatar, may I suggest............:D;)
http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5422780/il_fullxfull.125402500.jpg

Stan HAMsen
08-30-2013, 01:28 PM
WSJ College Football Grid of Shame

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324324404579041092507233498.html

volsfan
08-30-2013, 02:23 PM
You need an avatar, may I suggest............:D;)
http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5422780/il_fullxfull.125402500.jpg

And I would have used it too. Also, am I the only one that's getting tired of hearing about Clowney not so great game against North Carolina. He had the stomach virus earlier in the week and you think that he's going to be 100% to go?

SCClassof93
08-30-2013, 03:02 PM
And I would have used it too. Also, am I the only one that's getting tired of hearing about Clowney not so great game against North Carolina. He had the stomach virus earlier in the week and you think that he's going to be 100% to go?

Truth be told the media has way over covered him. Don't get me wrong, he is great, glad he plays for us etc but we have a D in general and have for awhile now. I heard a bunch from UNC friends about an unstoppable O, 40 points a game, 500 yards blah blah blah. Now they know. Clemson and V.Tech folks will find out shortly.

Welcome to TGT btw vols, good group here:up:

CLW
08-30-2013, 05:28 PM
College Football's Grid of SHAME:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324324404579041092507233498.html?K EYWORDS=grid+of+shame#project%3DTEAMS082913%26arti cleTabs%3Dinteractive (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324324404579041092507233498.html?K EYWORDS=grid+of+shame#project%3DTEAMS082913%26arti cleTabs%3Dinteractive)

SCClassof93
08-30-2013, 05:32 PM
College Football's Grid of SHAME:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324324404579041092507233498.html?K EYWORDS=grid+of+shame#project%3DTEAMS082913%26arti cleTabs%3Dinteractive (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324324404579041092507233498.html?K EYWORDS=grid+of+shame#project%3DTEAMS082913%26arti cleTabs%3Dinteractive)

Do you ever read anything here? Try four posts above this one :D

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2013, 05:33 PM

SCClassof93
08-30-2013, 05:35 PM

Just call him..............rerun:D
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/imd14u2b/funny/rerun.gif

Stan HAMsen
08-30-2013, 07:33 PM
It's an interesting graph. I was glad to see my favorite team on the good side of both of those criteria.

JBHuskers
09-03-2013, 12:37 PM
I guess spelling is optional at :Notre_Dame: :D :D :D

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0903/ncf_e_ndcup_200.jpg

Stan HAMsen
09-03-2013, 01:01 PM
It's a fig thing, you wouldn't understand.

steelerfan
09-03-2013, 05:31 PM
I guess spelling is optional at :Notre_Dame: :D :D :D

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0903/ncf_e_ndcup_200.jpg

Probably made by a Nebraska grad. :nod:e

steelerfan
09-03-2013, 05:32 PM
It's a fig thing, you wouldn't understand.

:D:D:D

steelerfan
09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
ESPN NCAAF - Three former players suing NCAA saying it failed to educate them about risks of concussions

JBHuskers
09-04-2013, 11:37 AM
:violin:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah, no one saw this coming. :fp:

Former NFL players got a massive settlement from the NFL, now all the NFL rejects will try and do the same from the NCAA.

souljahbill
09-04-2013, 08:45 PM
ESPN NCAAF - Three former players suing NCAA saying it failed to educate them about risks of concussions

I recall having seminars before the season at Southern Miss about concussions with the players before preseason started and this was late 90's/early 2000's before concussions became the thing to talk about. It was always concussions and hydration with us.

psuexv
09-05-2013, 01:38 PM
This is pretty cool

JBHuskers
09-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Very.

ram29jackson
09-05-2013, 03:00 PM
is that simply a painting on the door way or some kind of image or hologram ? an article I see says nothing

skipwondah33
09-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Think it may just be a enhanced image across three panes

At first I thought it may be projected on

ram29jackson
09-05-2013, 03:14 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18z86xefqy7uogif/original.gif

morsdraconis
09-05-2013, 04:00 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18z86xefqy7uogif/original.gif

:D :D :D

That's some decent photoshopping there.

JBHuskers
09-05-2013, 04:18 PM
With those kind of skills, he's a lock for a first round draft pick.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I love college football rivalries.

Ohio State ups ante in band war (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/ohio-state-ups-ante-in-marching-band-war-with-michigan-090913)

Michigan started it with this in week 1:

http://bigtennetworks.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/michband.jpeg?w=512&h=350

Ohio State responded with this in week 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VztAMzzjH0I#t=472

The band reportedly learned the entire performance, choreography and all, in just four days. This could be an interesting fall of those two keep trading jabs back and forth.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Our next contestant on Who Wants to Get Bent Over by the NCAA: Oklahoma State!

Report accuses Oklahoma State of widespread violations (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/oklahoma-state-accused-of-widespread-violations-in-football-program-090913)

OSU AD apologizes to Big 12 schools (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/oklahoma-state-athletic-director-apologizes-to-big-12-schools-alleged-misconduct-in-football-progam-sports-illustrated-090913)

Looks like West Virginia is also going to get partially drug into this mess due to WVU assistant coach Joe DeForest, who was OC at Oklahoma State, and is accused, as recently as 2011, of running a bonus program, paying players for big plays.

baseballplyrmvp
09-09-2013, 11:51 PM
question for all....

if you were a 4 or 5* recruit today, being heavily recruited by all the top schools, would you care if the HC or position coach had NFL coaching experience?

SCClassof93
09-10-2013, 08:37 AM
question for all....

if you were a 4 or 5* recruit today, being heavily recruited by all the top schools, would you care if the HC or position coach had NFL coaching experience?

No

skipwondah33
09-10-2013, 09:59 AM
question for all....

if you were a 4 or 5* recruit today, being heavily recruited by all the top schools, would you care if the HC or position coach had NFL coaching experience?Yes

My ultimate goal would be to make it to the NFL. Having said position or HC coach with prior NFL experience would be enticing.

baseballplyrmvp
09-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Yes

My ultimate goal would be to make it to the NFL. Having said position or HC coach with prior NFL experience would be enticing.

just the head coach. position coach does not matter.

ram29jackson
09-10-2013, 02:23 PM
doesn't matter whether coachs are ex nfl coaches or players in some cases. Kids don't listen and the mind set is..well that was in the past olden days, you don't know about now old man. Kids dot listen and don't care

ram29jackson
09-10-2013, 07:04 PM
:Oklahoma_State: uh oh

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-10/oklahoma-state-sees-ncaa-sleaze-and-raises-it.html

The first part went online today and it is oh-so-scandalous, featuring sordid details of the under-the-table cash payments OSU players have been receiving for years. Imagine Martin Scorsese on college football and you’ve basically got the idea -- socks stuffed with cash; no-show jobs; boosters strolling down the aisle of the team plane, distributing envelopes like a Mob boss paying his capos.

Stan HAMsen
09-10-2013, 07:33 PM
This is interesting too.

http://response.okstate.edu/

volsfan
09-11-2013, 08:52 AM
question for all....

No. I'm there to play for the school that I'm going to and not for the coach.

volsfan
09-11-2013, 09:21 AM
What Has Happened to USC and Texas Since the 2005-2006 BCS Championship Game?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1768419-what-has-happened-to-usc-and-texas-since-the-2005-2006-bcs-championship-game

psuexv
09-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Up 20-0 and you run this play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=etPsvSVKcT8

SmoothPancakes
09-11-2013, 10:58 AM
A fellow brother from the trenches got to score a touchdown, I can't complain. :D

psuexv
09-11-2013, 12:20 PM
A fellow brother from the trenches got to score a touchdown, I can't complain. :D

Well why that is nice and all, why not save it for when you need it? Let the dude be a hero when the game matters instead of some fat dude that is running up the score on Cal Poly

Stan HAMsen
09-11-2013, 12:30 PM
question for all....

I think it's been proven that if you can play at that level, the NFL will find you.

So, I wouldn't care about NFL experience.

psuexv
09-11-2013, 12:49 PM
question for all....

While it would be a plus, it would not be a dealbreaker for me. I'd also have to wonder why he wasn't in the NFL anymore, obviously just because you are not a top NFL coach doesn't mean you aren't a good college coach but it would make me wonder. Also he could have been a position coach and got a head job in college.

Like Stan said, if you can play the NFL will find you. I'd actually like to see a stat of how players coached by former NFL coaches turn out.

steelerfan
09-11-2013, 03:49 PM
got a head job in college.

Who didn't?

Stan HAMsen
09-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Too small to read, it's about Mangino getting the job at KU. His daughter was a student there at the time.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bs2bCADFFwQ/Tchbk2DvoHI/AAAAAAAAAQo/-iSc4WpyGjs/s400/weirdheadline21.jpg

JBHuskers
09-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Texas vanity plate sells for $115K (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9665630/12thman-vanity-license-plate-sold-us-record-115000-texas)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0912/ncf_e_12thman_b1_300.jpg

JESUS.... nice to have that kind of money.

JBHuskers
09-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Too small to read, it's about Mangino getting the job at KU. His daughter was a student there at the time.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bs2bCADFFwQ/Tchbk2DvoHI/AAAAAAAAAQo/-iSc4WpyGjs/s400/weirdheadline21.jpg

Way to show her O face in the article :D

psusnoop
09-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Way to show her O face in the article :D

I'm sure that pic will keep you busy for days 20 seconds at a time :D

steelerfan
09-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm sure that pic will keep you busy for days 20 seconds at a time :D

Lololol

JBHuskers
09-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm sure that pic will keep you busy for days 10 seconds at a time :D

Fixed.

psusnoop
09-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Fixed.

Good try but not so fast.

JBHuskers
09-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Good try but not so fast.

http://www.thewizofodds.com/.a/6a00e553e551d188340133f58557fc970b-250wi

CLW
09-13-2013, 02:25 PM
I rarely pull for the tide but this Saturday I hope someone decapitates Johnny Football, picks up his head and then autographs it before spiking his head back into the ground.

ram29jackson
09-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I rarely pull for the tide but this Saturday I hope someone decapitates Johnny Football, picks up his head and then autographs it before spiking his head back into the ground.

why / he's not evil, just another jock being a jock.

I don't think they'll win either if he's all they have against a well oiled machine but I'd like to see Alabama look human and not be that perfect