PDA

View Full Version : Week 8, 2010

Oneback
08-04-2010, 05:04 AM
=============== #3 Oklahoma Sooners (6-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 52-27 against Texas A&M (5-1).
This week, the Sooners will host #1 Texas (6-0).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) MLB Eric Davis has committed to Texas
- (****) C John Henderson has committed to Ohio State
- (****) FB Brad Stewart has committed to LSU
- (*****) HB Maurice Joseph has committed to Florida

=============== Clemson Tigers (5-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 28-7 against Maryland (4-2).
This week, the Tigers will host #13 Georgia Tech (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Evan Webb has committed to Georgia Tech
- (****) HB Anthony Moore has committed to North Carolina
- (***) WR Gerry Marshall has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (7-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 51-31 against Boston College (3-3).
This week, the Seminoles are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Curtis Baker has committed to Georgia Tech
- (****) TE Quentin Dawson has committed to Florida State
- (****) MLB Lawrence White has committed to Florida State
- (*****) CB Mike Bentley has committed to Florida State

=============== #20 Miami Hurricanes (4-2) ===============
Last week, Miami won 49-0 against Duke (2-4).
This week, the Hurricanes will host North Carolina (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Todd Cooley has committed to Miami
- (****) WR Kris Brown has committed to Georgia

=============== #14 Michigan Wolverines (7-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 42-10 against Iowa (3-3).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Ronnie Lewis has committed to Michigan
- (****) HB Nick Cleveland has committed to Michigan

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (6-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State lost 27-24 against Wisconsin (6-0).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Purdue (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Scott Morton has committed to Ohio State
- (****) ROLB Bryan Smith has committed to Ohio State
- (****) RG Jay Grant has committed to Ohio State

=============== #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0) ===============
Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB Maurice Joseph has committed to Florida
- (****) RT Joshua Shelby has committed to Penn State
- (****) MLB Lou Monroe has committed to Cincinnati
- (*****) DT Keith Gunn has committed to Tennessee

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (5-1) ===============
Last week the Red Raiders were idle.
This week, the Red Raiders will host #18 Texas A&M (5-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) MLB Luke Johnson has committed to Texas Tech
- (***) WR Tony Chandler has committed to Arizona State
- (****) TE Robert Cox has committed to Houston
- (***) RG Carlos Strickland has committed to Texas Tech

=============== #5 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 63-21 against Wake Forest (3-4).
This week, the Hokies will host Duke (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Jamaal Booth has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) HB Pat Hardy has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) ROLB DeShawn Bryant has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) MLB Ken Williams has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) ROLB Scott Butler has committed to Boise State

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (6-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 51-24 against Oregon State (3-3).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Dallas to face the #3 Oklahoma Sooners (6-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Lawrence White has committed to Florida State
- (****) QB Garrett Johnson has committed to Texas
- (*****) MLB Eric Davis has committed to Texas
- (*****) SS Earl Smith has committed to Alabama

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (6-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 27-24 against Ohio State (6-1).
This week, the Badgers travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Ryan McMahan has committed to Missouri
- (****) HB Phil Johnson has committed to Notre Dame
- (****) C George Jackson has committed to Kansas

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 07:41 AM
You have to be kidding me, I steadily keep dropping in the rankings. Hell I started the season ranked #6 and beat the #4 ranked team then, now I'm almost back where I started despite not losing lol

Oneback
08-04-2010, 07:51 AM
You have to be kidding me, I steadily keep dropping in the rankings. Hell I started the season ranked #6 and beat the #4 ranked team then, now I'm almost back where I started despite not losing lol

I think your ranking is due to the fact there are 4 user controlled teams in front of you that are doing equally (if not better) than you, and you've got Florida State nipping at your heels.

#1 Texas
#2 Wisconsin
#3 Oklahoma
#4 Penn State
#5 Va Tech
#6 Florida State

#14 Michigan

#20 Miami

I hope to be up there soon, but I have a mountian to climb in Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State in coming weeks.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 07:56 AM
This is going to be very interesting with so many different possibilities that could play out.

Oneback
08-04-2010, 08:07 AM
The only possibility I see is Michigan taking down Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State...although once I awake from my dreamlike state I see that will not happen. The only game I think I even have a remote shot of winning is versus Wisconsin and thats only because its a home game for me.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 08:11 AM
I don't know about that, while I do appreciate the vote of confidence in my team but I know your going to be much improved with Michigan compared to our last meeting which ended what? 7-6 I think.

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 08:13 AM
I think your ranking is due to the fact there are 4 user controlled teams in front of you that are doing equally (if not better) than you, and you've got Florida State nipping at your heels.

#1 Texas
#2 Wisconsin
#3 Oklahoma
#4 Penn State
#5 Va Tech
#6 Florida State

#14 Michigan

#20 Miami

I hope to be up there soon, but I have a mountian to climb in Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State in coming weeks.

Whats better than winning? lol By point margin?...ok I'm averaging 43 and giving up 12 a game...and thats trying to be kind to some of the teams I'm playing, games could have been much worse.

We are all just about playing the same type quality of teams, granted some have played user games but those who haven't still have leap frogged 4-5 spots. And hell you will be past me probably at some point.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 08:20 AM
I really do not think that point margin matters. I've seen it actually work the other way to be honest.

I think with PSU at least, I'm getting props for beating #1 Bama earlier in the year while I was ranked outside the top 15. As I continue (hope to) to win, you'll see the pollsters probably give me a little more credibility as the weeks move along.

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I know it doesn't matter, was simply reaching with that one because its the only thing I can think of

Oneback
08-04-2010, 08:46 AM
The only thing that I can thing of is quality of win, ie. they have winss over higher ranked opponents. It will all work itself out in the end.

gschwendt
08-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I know it doesn't matter, was simply reaching with that one because its the only thing I can think of
The good news is so long as you win, you should jump up in the ratings with Texas & Oklahoma facing off this week.

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Its ok, now we're "chip on our shoulders" Virginia Tech haha :P

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 10:10 AM
:D

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Big game with that Texas vs Oklahoma match up. That one is certainly getting my interest level up. The old Red River Rivalry is going to be an interesting test for both teams.

Oneback
08-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Be nice if someone would record the game.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
That would be. I think I'm going to do all my user games and post them on here for everyone to see.

I would just love to stream it live but I'm not sure that is even possible, or what else I need to do to make that happen. (I know it is possible, I was watching someone doing that with the Demo but I still don't know how or what I need to do that or how much work that will take)

skipwondah33
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
You would need sufficient bandwidth to not cause any lag

I'm going to record my games as well

Oneback
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I am going to record my games. I may do a test game to see how live streaming works on this years version before I try it in an OD game.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Sweet, I have always enjoyed watching everyone's game in the past.

gschwendt
08-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I recorded Wisconsin vs Ohio State... just gotta find time to cut it up.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 01:01 PM
That is the hardest part right there LOL

Can't wait to see it though.

psuexv
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Good Afternoon fellas - wanted to throw out a formal intro as I just signed up for the dynasty. I get to be in the modified Pac-10 and looking to take the #10 Trojans to the Rose Bowl. I hear they got smacked by Texas early in the year so my shots at a BCS title game are possibly out the window.

Little background - I've been playing in dynasties with psusnoop since NCAA '04 when we used to pass a memory card back and forth to play the week's games. I did dominate him back then and will take most of the credit for teaching him everything he knows.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Good Afternoon fellas - wanted to throw out a formal intro as I just signed up for the dynasty. I get to be in the modified Pac-10 and looking to take the #10 Trojans to the Rose Bowl. I hear they got smacked by Texas early in the year so my shots at a BCS title game are possibly out the window.

Little background - I've been playing in dynasties with psusnoop since NCAA '04 when we used to pass a memory card back and forth to play the week's games. I did dominate him back then and will take most of the credit for teaching him everything he knows.

I will give you that "back in the day comment" but I have a new found dedication to NCAA (guess that being married with 2 kids and staying home all the time helps) is turning the tide a bit in my favor recently.

Welcome to the league and the boards. Post often, win less. I just might have to make Cali a little hot bed for recruiting now that is for sure.

Papa LoneStar
08-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Welcome! I'm glad that our first battle will be in Austin.

Kingpin32
08-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Welcome to the league. Your USC team clobbered my Tech team to put you guys back in the top 10.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 04:27 PM
psuexv's recruiting tactics will fit right in for So. Cal. New cars, new houses, he'll throw the kitchen sink at these guys just to get them there.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 04:28 PM
USC thinks their hiring an upgrade from Petey, and Lane but the harsh reality will set in over these next few years.

fsuprime
08-04-2010, 04:32 PM
kingping dont make us wait!!! :) jk good luck on ur test.

Escobar
08-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Hopefully I can finally crack the Top 25 after a big win over Georgia Tech. My background of running this offense in High School helped me stop it. GT's only real yardage came from their passing game.

Oneback
08-04-2010, 06:29 PM
psuexv,

I am running alittle behind at work...still haven't left yet. I am guestimating that I will be home around 7:30-8p central. I'll add you to the OD as soon as I walk in the door.

Sorry about the wait.

Iron Dragon
08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Okay, so Papa - we're going to have to wait until tomorrow UNLESS our internet gets fixed tonight. Used to have Verizon internet which was really bad at times and Frontier took over completely starting on the 1st and they are coming to work on our internet tomorrow if the situation doesn't improve since Verizon's lines are absolute trash.

I have to work from 8:30-7 tomorrow, but I probably won't be on until after 9pm. However, I should be open all day friday.

I really, really want to play our matchup because whoever wins will be the #1 team in the land most likely, so it has a huge impact on the season.

Oneback
08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Invite sent

JeffHCross
08-04-2010, 10:15 PM
I won't be playing until tomorrow either. Didn't get home until 10:15. Expect I'll be done before Oneback gets home though, and certainly done before the Dragon/Papa game.

Papa LoneStar
08-05-2010, 12:08 AM
I have to work from 8:30-7 tomorrow, but I probably won't be on until after 9pm. However, I should be open all day friday.

I'm not as flexible as I was during this time last year (6.5 month old son and a part-time job in the evening)....so we can either kick off at 11:30pm central tommorrow night....or (as long as this 100+ degree steak keeps going) there might be a chance I'll get off early Friday (anywhere from 12pm-1pm central)....so we could pencil in Friday if you'd like....text me at 4698790580 so I can let you know when I'm on my way home or if I'll be getting off at 3pm.

Kingpin32
08-05-2010, 12:11 AM
It is looking like I won´t be the last one.

psusnoop
08-05-2010, 06:58 AM
WOW, I got a scare last night from Minny when my two back up RB's got a bad case of the fumbles. Green fumbled twice and Dukes fumble once, all led to TD's for Minny to keep it close.

skipwondah33
08-05-2010, 07:24 AM
VT regains composure to blast Duke

Not sure if the Dukies football team were infused with how good their basketball team is or what but I could not stop them their first 3 possessions. During that span their QB went 10-11 with 200+ yards and 2 TD's. Every play someone was always wide open, couldn't play pass coverage to save our lives lol.

Then order restored and it was over.

Kingpin32
08-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech avenges last years blowout to A&M by blowing them out, 49-17.

Iron Dragon
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Texas @ Oklahoma set to kick off at 12:30am Eastern. Unless I am too tired, then we'll kick off Friday afternoon.

Also my internet is fixed!!!!

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Ohio State handles Boiler Up, 31-6. The game felt closer than the score indicated ... their defense was very impressive. Forced several punts and made other nice plays. But my guys made the plays that counted.

Eddie gets 166 and 3 TDs.

Iron Dragon
08-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Under 20 minutes 'til kickoff of #1 Texas @ #3 Oklahoma.. I've been up for 14 hours today, so let's hope I can make it until about 2am.

Iron Dragon
08-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Well, we're going to have to wait until the afternoon for our showdown.

Three attempts, one lagout and two freezes between us, and with it being 1am here, I can't stay up until 3am playing this game, I was fine with 1:30-2 but the night can't drag on for me.

So we'll try again this afternoon, since it's now Friday.

psusnoop
08-06-2010, 06:19 PM
What time is kickoff Papa and Iron?

Papa LoneStar
08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Same time as last night....when I was home....he was at work and vice versa until I get off tonight.

Oneback
08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
There is always tomorrow if not. Let me know when y'all are done and I will advance. I don't mind as it has given me more time to get my offense ready for psu.

psusnoop
08-06-2010, 08:03 PM
No worries here either, if tomorrow is better that sounds good. No sense in playing while exhausted that is for sure. Big game!

Iron Dragon
08-07-2010, 12:31 AM
No converted third downs + 4 turnovers + missed tackles give Texas a blowout win over the Sooners. 41-7 in the mid-4th.

Iron Dragon
08-07-2010, 12:46 AM
What an awful performance. Texas runs all over our defense for 300+ yards and 4 TDs and what seemed like 100 broken tackles.

I'm not sure if we even would have scored if DeMarco Murray wouldn't have broken through Texas' defense in the 1st quarter on a bizarre TD run.

Landry Jones threw 2 picks, Drew Allen threw a richocet INT. Heisman leader Dejuan Miller only had one catch for 15 yards, and this most certainly takes him out of the Heisman lead.

When it all came down to it, Oklahoma had commited four turnovers, and punted six times, they had 11 offensive possessions and besides a 85-yard TD drive and a 50+ yard drive that ended in a fumble, they had less than 12 yards per offensive possession. Oklahoma's first converted third down was in the 4th quarter after the Sooners pulled starters to stay away from injury after the game was already decided and out of hand. Texas led the game 31-7 at the half, and ended the game on a 34-0 run.

Iron Dragon
08-07-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm glad we got the game into tonight and fatigue/exhaustion from work wasn't a factor. Luckily we got it in on the first try and last night seems like a server problem and tonight it was pretty much lag-free on my end except for a couple plays in the 1st quarter and one extra point.

Hopefully we don't fall much further than 10th in the polls and Miller no lower than 3rd.

JeffHCross
08-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Oneback's still on PS3. Did either of you let him know we're Ready to Advance?

Oneback
08-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Oneback's still on PS3. Did either of you let him know we're Ready to Advance?

Advancing now.

JeffHCross
08-07-2010, 12:53 AM
I see that. Lol.