PDA

View Full Version : The Life and Times of Robert Archer (OC South Alabama)

GoBeavers
07-30-2013, 07:34 PM
The Life and Times of Robert Archer

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/34/833/full/f0escusps8d57q2gf0bpy1otm.gif

This is the fictional story of football coach Robert Archer, the newly named 29 year old offensive coordinator of the South Alabama Jaguars. Here you will find his struggles, his accomplishments, and much more. Please join us as we follow him to glory or down the road to infamy, who knows which one it will be.

GoBeavers
07-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Dynasty Information

Console :Xbox 360
Difficulty :All American
Qtr Length :8 minutes
Sliders :Default to start, will change as time goes on
Rosters :Yukon46

Recruiting Rules

* can not sign more than three more players than graduating seniors each year
* no more than three incoming freshman can be redshirted in any one season
* no more than five players can be redshirted each season
* until the team reaches three stars no five star recruits may be targeted or recruited

Coaching Contract Rules

* Each contract must be completed before another job may be taken.
IE -- My initial contract with South Alabama is for four years. During that time I may not accept any other job

* When accepting a new job I can not jump to a team more than two stars above my current teams starting prestige if accepting a coordinator job, and one star if accepting a head coaching job
IE -- When my four years are up I can take an offensive coordinator job at a three star school and a head coaching job at a two star school. If neither of those option is available I must accept a new contract with my current school

Scheduling Rules

* If playing a BCS conference opponent as a non BCS conference team the game must be a road game
* If playing a non BCS conference opponent the deal must be a 2 for 1 agreement or at the very least 1 for 1 agreement

GoBeavers
07-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Coaching History

Overall Record

Number of Seasons :1
Overall Record :0-0
Head Coach Record :0-0
Conference Titles :0
Bowl Record :0
National Titles :0
Highest Ranking :N/A

Year 1

Team :South Alabama
Position :Offensive Coordinator
Overall Record :
Conference Record :
Final Ranking :
Bowl Game :
Award Winners :
Recruiting Class Ranking :

Job Security :100%
Playbook : South Alabama
Prestige : C-
Alma Mater ::Oregon_State:

GoBeavers
07-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Dynasty Records

**To be updated after year one is complete**

Dynasty Wall of Fame

**Under Construction***

Dynasty Award Winners

**Will contain only human controlled players**

GoBeavers
07-31-2013, 11:29 AM
2013 South Alabama Schedule

vs. :Southern_Utah:
@ :Tulane:
vs. :Western_Kentucky:
@ :Tennessee:
@ :Troy:
vs. :Kent_State:
@ :Texas_State:
vs. :Arkansas_State:
@ :Navy:
vs. :UL_Monroe:
@ :Georgia_State:
vs. :Louisiana:

All non-conference games are considered to be on the last year of their contracts, meaning next year contracts with other teams will be negotiated.

GoBeavers
07-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Contract Goals 2013-2016

**updated shortly**

GoBeavers
07-31-2013, 11:34 AM
2013 Recruiting Targets (Preseason)

:3star: WR -- Zac Harris
:3star: WR -- Jimmy Lyle
:3star: CB -- Kevin Lawson
:3star: CB -- Ryan Franklin
:3star: DT -- Joe Martin
:1star: C -- Quinton Lawerence
:2star: DE -- Robert McIntyre
:3star: CB -- Heath Starks
:3star: MLB -- Willie Harris
:3star: MLB -- Justin Mackey
:1star: P -- David Hawkins
:3star: QB -- Will Berry
:3star: CB -- Jamaal Love

With 20 seniors heading into the 2013 season the coaching staff of the South Alabama Jaguars decided to target their immeadiate needs early in the recruiting process and then focus on filling out the roster as the season goes on.

GoBeavers
08-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Jaguars Complete Comeback Against SUU

Mobile, Alabama --Early on things were not going well for the South Alabama Jaguars in their season opener against the Eagles of Southern Utah at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The offense was struggling and the defense was giving up huge chunks of yards and scores to the supposedly under manned Eagles offense, but then something happened and the Jaguars came to life mounting a 14 point fourth quarter comeback to down the stunned Eagles in amazing fashion.

The Eagles would open the scoring on their first possession of the game after forcing the Jaguars to punt to start the game on a 27 yard touchdown pass in front of a stunned group of Jaguars faithful. That's how the first quarter would end with both teams trading punts and both offenses sputtering. Early in the second quarter the Jaguars seemed to have turned things around as tailback Jay Jones ripped off runs of 15 and 27 yards back to back, but then disaster struck. On first and ten from the 47 yard line Jaguars quarterback Metheny dropped back to pass and looked for Jones in the flat but failed to notice an Eagles linebacker sitting in the flat. The pass was picked off and returned 49 yards for an Eagles touchdown giving them a 14-0 lead, and silencing the already sparse crowd.

With things looking bleak the USA offense took the field again looking to sustain a drive for the first time all game, and luckily for them and their fans they did just that. Covering 87 yards and consisting of 14 plays the Jaguars marched down the field capped by a 4 yard touchdown run by Metheny to get them on the board and narrowing the gap to 14-7. It would stay that way for a period of time as the Eagles would take the ensuing kickoff back 98 yards for a touchdown to push their lead back to 14 at 21-7 going into half.

The start of the third quarter began much like the first half for the Jaguars as the offense sputtered but the defense came out of the lockeroom on fire forcing three and outs on three straight possessions. Finally late in the third the offense started to click moving the Jaguars into scoring position and tailback Jay Jones plunged over the goaline as time ran out to send the game into the fourth quarter at 21-14 Jaguars trailing.

As the fourth quarter started something amazing truly transpired, the defense continued to play inspired football stuffing the Eagles repeatedly and the offense got itself on a roll moving the ball all over the field. Getting the ball back the Jaguars quickly marched down the field with tying the game up in their sights and Jay Jones would deliver once again, this time from 2 yards out and the score was suddenly tied at 21-21. All the momentum was squarely on the side of the Jaguars now and after another stop by the defense the Jaguars offense under the guidance of Robert Archer took the field once again looking to take their first lead of the game, it wouldn't take long as Jones ripped off runs of 37, 25 and finally 7 yards as he crashed over the goaline to give the Jaguars a 28-21 lead with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. Now it was up to the defense to come up big one more time and it didn't take long to prove they were up tot the task as the intercepted the Eagles quarterback on the third play of the drive, giving the offense the ability to salt away the remaining 1:23 on the clock for their first win of the season.

Jay Jones was the star of the game for the Jaguars offense as he would rush the ball 23 times on the day for 157 yards and 3 touchdowns. After the game Archer credited his tailback for coming to the rescue of the struggling offense in their time of need.

"It was nice to be able to lean on him and let him carry us to the place we wanted to be, obviously without him we would have had a hard time winning this game today."

South Alabama now looks forward to next Saturday as they travel to New Orleans to take on the Green Wave of Tulane in what should be a step up in competition for the Jaguars. With questions surrounding the offense and the slow start of the defense Saturday should be interesting to say the least.

Team Stats

First Downs :27
Total Yards :430
Rushing Yards :57-149-3
Passing Yards :24-28 287 yards 1 touchdown 1 Int
3rd Down :7-14
Redzone :6-4-0

Player Stats

Metheny 24-28, 289 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 Interception, Sacked 11 times
Jay Jones 23 carries, 157 yards, 3 touchdowns
Jermele Jones 7 rec, 100 yards, 1 touchdown
T. Glover 5 rec, 68 yards
R. Hendricks 3 rec 34 yards

GoBeavers
08-01-2013, 09:38 AM
The stats will be more detailed as I get my legs under me in this dynasty, unfortunately I didn't get everything I wanted to get after the first game. Live and learn. Was a good first win for us though but it showed me I'm going to have an uphill battle on my hands all year long.

GoBeavers
08-01-2013, 06:40 PM
well that didn't work