PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 NBA Discussion

JBHuskers
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Get your popcorn ready :popcorn: this should be a hell of a year.

I'll kick off the thread by saying that my team the Celtics are closing in on signing Shaq. I'm definitely not opposed of this move.

NatureBoy
08-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Lakers vs Heat on Christmas Day at the Staples Center in LA. LeBron, Wade and Bosh will have a blue Christmas this year.

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Season opens up with Celtics / Heat :)

cdj
08-04-2010, 06:36 AM
The East is going to be crazy between the Heat, Bulls, Magic, and Celtics. It will be interesting to see where Chris Paul ends up as well. This could be one of the more entertaining NBA regular seasons in a long time.

NatureBoy
08-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Season opens up with Celtics / Heat :) ;) For the first and only time, I will be a huge Celtics fan that night.

cdj
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Anthony Tolliver announces his decision on a new team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvL5KRoXC00

JBHuskers
08-11-2010, 12:59 PM
:D

JBHuskers
10-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Anyone watch LeBron & Bosh's debut the other night? I thought about tuning in then forgot about it....it's preseason, obviously i'll be tuning in opening night as they go against my team.

skipwondah33
10-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Basketball starts tonight, I'm ready for it

morsdraconis
10-26-2010, 10:00 AM
God, imagine the drama if Boston waxes the Heat...

JBHuskers
10-26-2010, 10:22 AM
God, imagine the drama if Boston waxes the Heat...

I'm hoping.... :) not cuz I hate the Heat though. I don't really hate the Heat that much. It adds to the interest of watching. But I'd love for my team to give them a 0-1 start.

Kwizzy
10-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Jason Whitlock on Dan Patrick this morning:

"Lebron James has Harvard problems, and he's got community college friends giving him advice."

Hilarious!

I logged on to my league pass broadband (choice) account this morning for the first time this season & it defaulted me to the same 7 teams I chose last season and wont let me change them! Now I have to work through the NBA's lame ass customer service "ticket" system to try to get them to fix it! Anybody know of a faster way to get in touch with NBA League Pass customer service?

HWill
10-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh my Gosh! The Heat Are 0-1!! The season is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...:rolleyes:

morsdraconis
10-26-2010, 11:15 PM
I think it's more interesting that the Heat is going to revolve around James, Wade, and Bosh and they won't have anyone to help pick up the slack (as most figured considering how little caproom they had left). The bodies that they picked up to help them are all pretty terrible besides maybe Mike Miller, but he's out until December (if I remember correctly). Right now, if only one of them plays well, they are certainly not a good team because the role players that they have doesn't seem to include anything close to a pure shooter.

JBHuskers
10-26-2010, 11:36 PM
The overrated chant was quite nice, you don't see that in the NBA too often :D

Kwizzy
10-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Mike Miller will be HUGE for this team when he comes back. Eddie House can shoot but he's a volume shooter, Miller is much more consistent. I will LOVE watching them struggle until they can figure out the spacing and continuity of what their offense should be.

JBHuskers
10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Mike Miller will be HUGE for this team when he comes back. Eddie House can shoot but he's a volume shooter, Miller is much more consistent. I will LOVE watching them struggle until they can figure out the spacing and continuity of what their offense should be.

Yeah they definitely didn't have a plan set to get Bosh the ball, or to even figure out how to get him the ball.

steelerfan
10-27-2010, 10:18 AM
I am not an NBA fan, but I enjoyed seeing that the Heat lost.

cdj
11-12-2010, 05:39 AM
The Heat lost to Boston again and the Lakers lost for the first time last night.

JBHuskers
11-12-2010, 08:07 AM
The Heat lost to Boston again and the Lakers lost for the first time last night.

:)) :)) :))

psuexv
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM

And at a couple of points the Celts were completely dominating them. Of course you do have 4 future Hall of Famers on that team, even if they are a little past their prime.

JBHuskers
11-12-2010, 09:34 AM
And at a couple of points the Celts were completely dominating them. Of course you do have 4 future Hall of Famers on that team, even if they are a little past their prime.

Yep ... and Rondo is throwin dimes out EVERYWHERE ... I think through the first ten games he has the 2nd most assists in NBA history.

psuexv
11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Yep ... and Rondo is throwin dimes out EVERYWHERE ... I think through the first ten games he has the 2nd most assists in NBA history.

Rondo is unreal. If he keeps it up it's a team of 5 future HOFers.

JBHuskers
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Bosh Spice is trending on Twitter now :D

NatureBoy
11-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Kobe Bryant's Grinch-styled shoes.

For an entire generation, Kobe Bryant(notes) has been appearing on national TV on Christmas afternoon or evening while an entire generation of fans has muttered under their breath while complaining about a family that has chosen the wrong words to describe (an entire generation's) choices in life, as it was for the entire generation that proceeded it, and the one that proceeded that one, and so on.

Kobe Bryant's latest choice in life? Via Trey Kerby, from The Basketball Jones? It's an Ecto Cooler-styled sneaker based around the brilliance of Theodor Geisel's "How The Grinch Stole Christmas!" fable. And he'll wear it on Christmas, in a game against the Miami Heat (natch) for all of us to behold.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__66/ept_sports_nba_experts-238416742-1290544295.jpg?ymnibIEDyjlI4BrE

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 09:01 AM

from Darren Rovell:

Bar that pays drink bills when Miami Heat loses has lost $30,000 SO FAR http://is.gd/hX9lg

cdj
12-02-2010, 09:12 PM
LeBron's return to Cleveland was pretty anticlimactic...

psuexv
12-02-2010, 09:24 PM
LeBron's return to Cleveland was pretty anticlimactic...

Kind of like everything that he does. Cavs the best record in the league - choke in the Conf Finals, The Decision - I'm going to south Beach*yawn*

SmoothPancakes
12-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm personally loving it. I was hoping LeBron, Wade and company would come in and just bitch slap the Cavs. Maybe now all the whiny bitches in Cleveland will shut the hell up for a change and actually move on with their lives like normal people.

As for this game, Miami scares me tonight. Throughout the game tonight, some of these plays, fastbreaks, the steals, etc, if LeBron, Wade and Bosh can all stay on the same page, along with the other two on court, Miami is going to turn into the scary team to play night after night that everyone has been expecting them to be.

cdj
12-02-2010, 09:54 PM
All they need is to have the home crowd boo them and treat them like this and they will be set.

HWill
12-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I think a lot of people got so caught up in LeBron's return that they forgot that the Cavs are a sub-.500 team. I wasn't surprised by the outcome at all.

SmoothPancakes
12-02-2010, 11:14 PM
All they need is to have the home crowd boo them and treat them like this and they will be set.

Yeah. All that booing during the warmups and introductions, every time LeBron even touched the ball, etc, that seemed to get them very fired up and ready to kick some ass. They were going all out there during the second and third quarter. It was almost embarrassing to watch at times with how easily the Heat were running circles around the Cavs.

I think a lot of people got so caught up in LeBron's return that they forgot that the Cavs are a sub-.500 team. I'm wasn't surprised by the outcome at all.

That too. The Cavs are still at least a bit dangerous some games, but yeah, they are nothing more than a sub-.500 shell of what they used to be.

JBHuskers
12-03-2010, 12:12 AM
At least nothing really seemed to get out of control. The Akron Hates You chant was pretty funny...the Scottie Pippen one was maybe 5 on the :D scale. Some of the asshole and you suck chants remind me of the old WWE days when it wasn't TV-PG.

morsdraconis
12-03-2010, 11:47 AM
If I was them, I would have booed the entire time that Miami had the ball. Fuck Lebron James and the horse he road in on.

JBHuskers
12-17-2010, 03:24 PM
was watching this game last night...this was filthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMn5axANBFA

SmoothPancakes
12-17-2010, 07:44 PM
God I love watching J.R. Smith play.

cdj
12-18-2010, 09:05 PM
The Magic made some big moves today (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Orlando-s-last-chance-blockbuster-deals;_ylt=Akre7ZUD491KzwtMk5wzMB28vLYF?urn=nba-297748):

According to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, the Magic have agreed to two deals with the Phoenix Suns and Washington Wizards. Orlando will send Rashard Lewis to the Wizards for Gilbert Arenas, while the Suns would receive Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, Orlando's 2011 first round pick and $3 million for Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark.

This is a massive restructuring, especially for a team with championship hopes, but it's typical for Orlando GM Otis Smith. Smith has been in win-now mode since he signed Rashard Lewis in the 2007 offseason, and each of his deals has been structured around winning a championship sooner rather than later. Even if it meant bringing in significant players who were seven or eight years older than the Magic's all-world center, Dwight Howard.

morsdraconis
12-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Absolutely HUGE trade there for the Magic. Sucks that they lost Gortat as he was a good sub for Howard when he's in foul trouble. They finally got wise and got rid of shitty Rashard Lewis. About damn time. The fact that Orlando got Hedo back is amazing, as well as someone to help their point and shooting guard issues with Richardson and Arenas is just icing on the cake. Absolutely amazed that that deal went down.

cdj
12-22-2010, 03:06 PM
9-19 Charlotte's Larry Brown has resigned and supposedly his entire staff has been let go. Their next game isn't until Monday the 27th.

JBHuskers
12-22-2010, 03:17 PM
9-19 Charlotte's Larry Brown has resigned and supposedly his entire staff has been let go. Their next game isn't until Monday the 27th.

Maybe Jordan will step in to coach.

psuexv
12-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Absolutely HUGE trade there for the Magic. Sucks that they lost Gortat as he was a good sub for Howard when he's in foul trouble. They finally got wise and got rid of shitty Rashard Lewis. About damn time. The fact that Orlando got Hedo back is amazing, as well as someone to help their point and shooting guard issues with Richardson and Arenas is just icing on the cake. Absolutely amazed that that deal went down.

Any chance this team gels in time to make a run. They look terrible right now.

psuexv
12-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Where would you rank the Lakers right now in the West?

psuexv
12-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Celts on a 14 game winning streak and Jermaine O'Neal hasn't even played.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Where would you rank the Lakers right now in the West?

I'd say 2. I do not trust the Spurs, I think they're going to fall off in the 2nd half. I think the best team in the west at the moment is the Mavs. Lakers 2nd.

psuexv
12-23-2010, 09:06 AM
I'd say 2. I do not trust the Spurs, I think they're going to fall off in the 2nd half. I think the best team in the west at the moment is the Mavs. Lakers 2nd.

I would agree with that as well. I think the Lakers will come out of the West since the Mavs always choke but have to put them at #2 right now.

morsdraconis
12-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Any chance this team gels in time to make a run. They look terrible right now.

After them kicking the shit out of San Antonio? I'd say most definitely. They looked like a well oiled machine. Orlando never should have gotten rid of Hedo. He's such an amazing player and fits Orlando's play style WAY better than Rashard Lewis ever did. Looks like Arenas has already found his comfort zone 14, 9, and 6 in 28 minutes is damn good for just his 3rd game with them. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to produce.

JBHuskers
12-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Arenas is back with the GM he started with at Golden State. I'm not sure if he was the GM at the time, but they've known each other since he was 18. Probably the best fit for him to stay out of trouble.

Gudad721
12-27-2010, 11:57 PM
As a Laker fan, theyre not playing as a top ten team, but the 2 time champs get the benefit of the doubt until playoffs begin

psuexv
12-28-2010, 09:25 AM
After them kicking the shit out of San Antonio? I'd say most definitely. They looked like a well oiled machine. Orlando never should have gotten rid of Hedo. He's such an amazing player and fits Orlando's play style WAY better than Rashard Lewis ever did. Looks like Arenas has already found his comfort zone 14, 9, and 6 in 28 minutes is damn good for just his 3rd game with them. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to produce.

Yeah they are starting to click and looking good, just a matter of time.

JBHuskers
12-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Too bad the shot clock is out of bounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-nthvqSgE

JBHuskers
12-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Bulls are looking to land either Stephen Jackson or O.J. Mayo....if that happens, and when Noah returns....we could have a fun race in the East.

psuexv
12-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Can you imagine the Eastern Semi's if the Bulls do land Mayo?

Bulls vs Celts
Magic vs Heat

Wow

JBHuskers
12-29-2010, 12:55 PM
RT @ESPNResearch NBA off to best regular season start ever. ESPN & TNT ratings up over 30% from last year.

psuexv
12-29-2010, 01:07 PM
RT @ESPNResearch NBA off to best regular season start ever. ESPN & TNT ratings up over 30% from last year.

I want to know what the furthest into a season the NBA has gone with the most teams without double digit losses. I think they are sitting with 5 now almost half way into the year.

JBHuskers
12-29-2010, 01:10 PM
I stepped away from the NBA for about 8 years and came back about five or six years ago following the Celtics....and I would watch a lot of games, and this year I've watched more than before, and not that many of them were Heat....a good deal of Celtics, but also the winner of the NBA TV fan vote Tuesday night game I catch quite a bit too....I'm just much more interested in the league now...then you got young guys like Curry and Durant that are just plain fun to watch.

JBHuskers
12-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Another piece that is rumored to be an option for an inevitable Bulls deal is Afflalo from Denver.

JBHuskers
01-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Is it me or has LeBron's off the court cockiness completely skyrocketed this year?

LeBron James doesn't expect MVP in '11 - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5979029

"I think they classify it as an individual award. They look at it like the less help you have, the more numbers you have then the better chance for you to win that award."

HWill
01-01-2011, 08:00 PM
LeBron James doesn't expect MVP in '11 - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5979029

Could have used a better headline.

"I think they classify it as an individual award. They look at it like the less help you have, the more numbers you have then the better chance for you to win that award."

This seems like an accurate assessment to me.

JeffHCross
01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Is it me or has LeBron's off the court cockiness completely skyrocketed this year?I think it has, but that article is actually an example of the opposite. If he was being as cocky as he's seemed at times, he'd be saying he expected it this year as well.

The better question is why in the world would someone ask that question. It's not like he would just offer up those quotes unsolicited.

morsdraconis
01-02-2011, 05:30 AM
The better question is why in the world would someone ask that question. It's not like he would just offer up those quotes unsolicited.

Because the media works on this principal: If star athlete says something sensational that gets all the people to look at their story, they (the media person) become more popular/make more money.

The media pretty much just makes shit up and twists people's words (to the point of COMPLETELY making shit up that has absolutely no foundation in reality what-so-ever) to try to make a story out of nothing so that they can further their careers. It's fuckin' horrible.

JBHuskers
01-02-2011, 09:25 AM
He was basically throwing his ex-teammates under the bus with that quote though.....

JerzeyReign
01-02-2011, 11:27 AM
But it was the truth... if they were good like lets say the Bulls w/o Michael Jordan (when he went to play baseball) they would be alot better than 8-24 #justsayin'

psuexv
01-03-2011, 11:45 AM
There's a lot of things that are true but you don't throw your teammates or old teammates under the bus.

JBHuskers
01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah it really just seems like he's being more of a dick than normal since the trade since he thinks he has a chip on his shoulder now after the backlash of "The Decision"....

Now I'm not against this move...actually think it makes the sport more interesting. I'm not going to hate the Heat the most, but he's just really coming off as a dick.

JerzeyReign
01-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Anything 'Bron says will get scruntinized. EVERY basketball fan knows what the MVP award is about. Its the reason Kobe hasn't won one since '08 when people gave him all the credit for the Lakers reaching the playoffs that season instead of Pau Gasol. Their is no definition or 100% agreed upon understanding of what an MVP award is for. Either its for 'the best player on the best team' or 'the player a team cannot win without'. I reason with the latter 'definition' personally. We all have our opinions of what the MVP award means but those two opinions are probably 80-90% of basketball fans, if not all think it boils down to. The 'vision' I see for the award, along with many others including Lebron, is that your the one thing that makes your team tick. We all agree he WAS the Cavs. The 2010-2011 Cavs are proving he was the Cavs.

I said all that to just say this: If we as a basketball community already 'know' what the MVP award means why can't a player say the same thing? Throwing them under the bus? I don't think so. He may have hurt some feelings but he didn't point anyone out individually and say 'You suck'. He answered the question honestly and with professionalism.

Sidenote: Why is the media asking Lebron all these questions that make him look bad? Then again, why is he answering them?! Why isn't his 'boy' or whoever his publicist is coaching him around these questions? He has to be like Kobe after that rape case, just lay low and play basketball. I know I shouldn't compare 'The Decision' to rape but the world sure treats it like it was worse.

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 01:33 PM
LeBron says Heat call themselves "The Heatles" (http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/26837811)

skipwondah33
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Anything 'Bron says will get scruntinized. EVERY basketball fan knows what the MVP award is about. Its the reason Kobe hasn't won one since '08 when people gave him all the credit for the Lakers reaching the playoffs that season instead of Pau Gasol. Their is no definition or 100% agreed upon understanding of what an MVP award is for. Either its for 'the best player on the best team' or 'the player a team cannot win without'. I reason with the latter 'definition' personally. We all have our opinions of what the MVP award means but those two opinions are probably 80-90% of basketball fans, if not all think it boils down to. The 'vision' I see for the award, along with many others including Lebron, is that your the one thing that makes your team tick. We all agree he WAS the Cavs. The 2010-2011 Cavs are proving he was the Cavs.

I said all that to just say this: If we as a basketball community already 'know' what the MVP award means why can't a player say the same thing? Throwing them under the bus? I don't think so. He may have hurt some feelings but he didn't point anyone out individually and say 'You suck'. He answered the question honestly and with professionalism.

Sidenote: Why is the media asking Lebron all these questions that make him look bad? Then again, why is he answering them?! Why isn't his 'boy' or whoever his publicist is coaching him around these questions? He has to be like Kobe after that rape case, just lay low and play basketball. I know I shouldn't compare 'The Decision' to rape but the world sure treats it like it was worse.

Thank you...can't explain to you how much I've felt this same exact way. I was just telling my wife this the other day, seems like I'm telling her this everytime ESPN or a "report" is quoting him for what he said.

On another note i'm not a fan of any particular player or team. I like watching Bron' play and just good basketball in general, regardless of who it is.

Haha I lol'd at that too JB. Its crazy their selling out games for people who can't stand them.

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Yah for me, I wanted LeBron, Bosh, and Wade to get together....adds some spice to the league. Obviously I'm a Celtics fan, so I'm not rooting for the Heat by any other means, but they're equally hated as the Lakers, Magic, etc.

JBHuskers
01-05-2011, 01:43 PM

Stan Van Gundy on The Heatles: "They're pretty impressed with themselves."

JBHuskers
01-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Interesting.... Melo and Billups sat on the bench most of the 2nd half against the Spurs....could a deal have been done?

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 09:35 AM
:D :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIh04-I-iQ

psusnoop
01-28-2011, 12:42 PM
That is fuunnny!:D

morsdraconis
01-28-2011, 03:19 PM

Tracy Morgan is so freakin' funny.

JBHuskers
01-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Love it when the Celts go on a west coast trip...back to back TV nights, and the the Lakers on Sunday afternoon :nod:

psuexv
02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Orlando putting it to the Celts early. Dwight Howard is on fire

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 11:02 AM
If Rondo wasn't hurt for part of the year, he could be in the MVP running.

morsdraconis
02-07-2011, 01:00 PM
If Rondo wasn't hurt for part of the year, he would be the MVP.

Fixed it for ya.

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Fixed it for ya.

True....cuz right now there is not really a clear cut MVP. What is odd is Dirk's numbers are similar to his MVP season, and he's not even in the running. I think now it would be Amare for turning around the Knicks.

JBHuskers
02-20-2011, 03:33 AM
After tonight, is the dunk contest back? McGee v. Griffin was spectacular.

cdj
02-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Too many props, 'hypemen' were annoying, and too many missed dunks before finally converting.

Talent-wise, it was great. Presentation was a little much.

morsdraconis
02-20-2011, 11:05 AM
After tonight, is the dunk contest back? McGee v. Griffin was spectacular.

The props kill it for me. Griffin's last dunk was just silly (but, yes it was one hell of a dunk). McGee's dunks were WAY more athletic but he's also got monkey arms to go along with his 7'0" frame so he's disgustingly long and can make crazy twisting dunks.

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 07:26 AM
So thoughts on the Anthony trade?

I think it will pay off for the Knicks, though losing what they did will surely have an affect on them heading forward both good and bad. The bad is the lack of depth, but the good is the amount of power they'll have now to bring in more guys from free agency.

JBHuskers
02-22-2011, 08:45 AM
It will definitely be interesting. At least Denver didn't get completely raped in the deal.

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 09:36 AM
No I think Denver will be "ok" but they are going to be longing that big name for a long long time now I fear.

morsdraconis
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Pretty much a gamechanging move by the Knicks. They become relivent for the rest of this season and have a big chance of landing a third huge player next offseason (caproom permitting).

JBHuskers
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Bodog.com moves Knicks title odds from 60-1 to 30-1

I still wish I bet $5 on that kid to win the Daytona at 255 to 1 :D

JBHuskers
02-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Pretty much a gamechanging move by the Knicks. They become relivent for the rest of this season and have a big chance of landing a third huge player next offseason (caproom permitting).

Defense will still be a concern. Both the Knicks and Nuggets were in the bottom 5 or 10 in defense.

morsdraconis
02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Defense will still be a concern. Both the Knicks and Nuggets were in the bottom 5 or 10 in defense.

Well, yes. Most definitely. Melo definitely isn't known for being good defensively and neither is Stoudemire, but, scoring wise, they have some serious talent and Chauncy was an excellent pickup in the trade as well (he's getting up there in age, but he's seriously talented still and definitely has the ability to run the offense well).

I think, in the end, it was definitely the right thing for the Knicks to do, even if it seriously handicaps them this year because of depth issues.

JBHuskers
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah this year they're not going to get any higher than a six seed...meaning they'll get either Chicago or Orlando, maybe Boston or Miami if they slip....so I don't see them getting out of the first round this year. Especially if the Bulls and Magic make another move like expected.

JBHuskers
02-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Definitely an interesting trade deadline season for the NBA. Deron Williams shakes out Jerry Sloan and now heads to Jersey.

psuexv
02-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Definitely an interesting trade deadline season for the NBA. Deron Williams shakes out Jerry Sloan and now heads to Jersey.

What's crazy is all these high profile players coming to the East. The West dominated for so long but the tide has completely and totally shifted.

psuexv
02-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Is there an echo in here? From Twitter - - JBHuskers: This is definitely an exciting trade deadline in the NBA this year.

I can't believe you haven't found an app that will post to your Tweets to these boards like the #fb tag. LOL - I might have to put that in the forum feedback.

morsdraconis
02-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Definitely interesting. I think Utah got the short end of the stick, but unloading him when it was HIGHLY likely he was gone after this year was definitely good for them though.

JBHuskers
02-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Is there an echo in here? From Twitter - - JBHuskers: This is definitely an exciting trade deadline in the NBA this year.

I can't believe you haven't found an app that will post to your Tweets to these boards like the #fb tag. LOL - I might have to put that in the forum feedback.

I'm that damn good.

JBHuskers
02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Pretty stoked at the last minute deal the Celtics made. Shipped Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson to OKC for Jeff Green and Kristic. Wonder if this is a sign that they resign Big Baby in the offseason. I hope so.

morsdraconis
02-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Pretty stoked at the last minute deal the Celtics made. Shipped Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson to OKC for Jeff Green and Kristic. Wonder if this is a sign that they resign Big Baby in the offseason. I hope so.

WOW. I didn't know about that one. Holy shit, that's pretty huge. Jeff Green is a VERY good player that didn't get a lot of minutes in OKC. Sad to see Perkins go though. He looked like he wanted to cut a bitch every time he played. I LOVED that about his attitude.

skipwondah33
02-25-2011, 10:51 AM
He looked like he wanted to cut a bitch every time he played. I LOVED that about his attitude.

One of the funniest things I've heard in a while :D

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 10:58 AM
CDJ needs to post that GIF of Chris Bosh he sent me last night :D

cdj
02-25-2011, 12:19 PM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6246/247682571.gif

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/247682571.gif/

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
This 15 year old girl got a new cell phone number, and immediately the number starts blowing up like crazy. Turns out, it was Blake Griffin's old number before he went pro :D

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Tony Parker is out 2-4 weeks with a strained soleus, never heard of that....is that an injury you get from cheating on your wife?

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 03:53 PM
WOW

Bibby agrees to buyout with Wiz -- to join Heat? (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6167769)

morsdraconis
02-28-2011, 03:58 PM
(shakes head)

How is that possible? Who in the hell would put a buyout like that in their contract? Allowing them to leave in the middle of the season?! That's nuts...

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 04:01 PM
(shakes head)

How is that possible? Who in the hell would put a buyout like that in their contract? Allowing them to leave in the middle of the season?! That's nuts...

Happens quite often....usually with smaller names like Leon Powe who just did it with the Cavs, and may rejoin the Celtics.

psusnoop
03-07-2011, 07:52 AM
WOW Spurs got dismantled yesterday, crazy bad.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Bulls loss yesterday left some Heat players crying. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310306014)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L-6xp13j0yc/S8CYy_nnMpI/AAAAAAAABS4/Pzjw9QZctms/s400/Simpsons_Homer_crying.gif (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310306014)

psusnoop
03-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Nice, I enjoyed watching them lose yesterday.

JBHuskers
03-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Congrats to Kevin Love for breaking Moses Malone's consecutive double-double mark with his 51st in a row tonight.

morsdraconis
03-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Congrats to Kevin Love for breaking Moses Malone's consecutive double-double mark with his 51st in a row tonight.

That's for the single-season record. One more and he breaks Malone's streak that spanned two seasons.

psusnoop
03-08-2011, 07:23 AM
I still have sour feelings from a game I bet on Minny, and during the last 20 seconds my iphone espn updates kept saying Love missed layup, offensive rebound Love, Love missed layup, offensive rebound, Love turnover, game over they don't cover by 1. Grr, ever since then I've been a hater LOL

psuexv
03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
The Heat dropped another one last night :) :) :)

psusnoop
03-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Expect another one tonight to LA

cdj
04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
The LA-DAL game last night was something else. Did you guys see security stop the person who appeared to be trying to run onto the court/bench?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9BlAwXqpHU

morsdraconis
04-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Nah, I stopped watching at the end of the 3rd so I missed it all, unfortunately.

gschwendt
04-01-2011, 02:34 PM
The LA-DAL game last night was something else. Did you guys see security stop the person who appeared to be trying to run onto the court/bench?
According to this, the fan was a partially nude woman
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-A-bizarre-and-wild-fight-between-the-Lake;_ylt=AtijgsSiYTMD0d8M7q5ctus5nYcB?urn=nba-wp787

morsdraconis
04-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow, and I missed it all cause I decided to watch a movie instead of watch the Lakers wax the Mavs. Damn.

psusnoop
04-04-2011, 11:27 AM
And the Mavs lost to Portland last night, boy I'm starting to like the Blazers. The NBA is so crazy on how tough it is to win on the road.

SmoothPancakes
04-04-2011, 01:56 PM
And Denver goes on the road to knock off the Lakers, giving them only their 2nd loss since the All-Star break. To hell with Melo, the Nuggets are doing just fine without him. :nod:

morsdraconis
04-04-2011, 02:50 PM
It's nuts how well the Nuggets have been playing without Melo. The biggest thing is the increase in assists they have across the team. They're just playing incredibly more balanced team ball than they were with Melo.

JBHuskers
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
It's nuts how well the Nuggets have been playing without Melo. The biggest thing is the increase in assists they have across the team. They're just playing incredibly more balanced team ball than they were with Melo.

15-4 ... amazing.

psusnoop
04-04-2011, 07:12 PM
They really are playing great, teams need to watch out for them in the playoffs.

morsdraconis
04-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Unfortunately, they'll most likely be matched up against the Thunder, who are definitely posed to do some real damage in the playoffs this year.

JBHuskers
05-10-2011, 02:06 PM
New Wizards unis, going back to the future. I dunno why everything has to be so PC, I like Washington Bullets better.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0510/espn_a_wizards_300.jpg

psuexv
05-10-2011, 02:45 PM
New Wizards unis, going back to the future. I dunno why everything has to be so PC, I like Washington Bullets better.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0510/espn_a_wizards_300.jpg

Seriously... like if they were called the Bullets it makes people shoot other people :smh:

morsdraconis
05-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Seriously... like if they were called the Bullets it makes people shoot other people :smh:

You never know with people...

psuexv
05-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Was it just me or did the Heat not even look like they wanted to be there last night? I know they'll turn it on but wow.... Go Bulls.

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Shaq is retiring finally. Sucks that he stuck it out as long as he did as he should have quit in '06 when he and Wade won that ring. Still, one of the top 50 greatest players of all time and an immediate Hall of Fame inductee.