PDA

View Full Version : Inception

Marlowe
07-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Just got back from watching Inception. I don't think I've felt this giddy after watching a movie since the first Matrix. Will Nolan ever make a bad movie? Dude is on fire! I'm not a big fan of DiCaprio but even I must admit he might have pulled off at the minimum an Oscar nod for best actor. Word of advice: go pee before the movie starts or you will be doing the mambo shake in your seat.

cdj
07-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, Marlowe. I think I am going to go see Inception tomorrow night and now I'm really looking forward to it....and no, I don't think Nolan can make a bad movie.

I OU a Beatn
07-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Totally forgot it was out, but I'll definitely watch Inception ASAP. I've been eagerly anticipating it since I saw the first preview.

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Inception 5/5
A 2.5 hour mindfuck... but in a good way.

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Looks REALLY REALLY good. Unfortunately, I don't really have time (or the money right now) for the movies. Guess I'll just wait for DVD release (aka internet leak ;) )

HWill
07-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Inception 5/5
A 2.5 hour mindfuck... but in a good way.

This. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Rudy
07-17-2010, 05:06 AM
....and no, I don't think Nolan can make a bad movie.

Sure he can. It's called the Dark Knight. I know a lot of guys loved that movie but that has to be the most over-rated, unrealistic action movie I've seen in a LONG time.

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Sure he can. It's called the Dark Knight. I know a lot of guys loved that movie but that has to be the most over-rated, unrealistic action movie I've seen in a LONG time.

Please no... Just please. Don't write that about the Dark Knight... This thread is going to absolutely explode in movie nerd shit if we go down this route...

Rudy
07-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Please no... Just please. Don't write that about the Dark Knight... This thread is going to absolutely explode in movie nerd shit if we go down this route...

:)

I won't say anymore.

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 01:36 PM
:)

I won't say anymore.

Thank you. :)

morsdraconis
07-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Holy fuckin' shit. Believe the hype about Inception. Wow.

Kingpin32
07-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Inception was an awesome movie. But out all my friends I seemed to be the only one who actually understood and liked the movie though.

gschwendt
07-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Inception was an awesome movie. But out all my friends I seemed to be the only one who actually understood and liked the movie though.
For those that have seen it...
So was he dreaming in the end or was he awake?

morsdraconis
07-24-2010, 10:34 AM
For those that have seen it...
So was he dreaming in the end or was he awake?

Definitely dreaming, but it didn't matter to him because he was lost in Limbo (the entire waking up in the plane with everyone was him projecting everything being alright to convince himself that it was real).

gschwendt
07-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Definitely dreaming, but it didn't matter to him because he was lost in Limbo (the entire waking up in the plane with everyone was him projecting everything being alright to convince himself that it was real).
But then the question is... was the entire movie a dream, or just that he never woke up from being lost in Limbo?

morsdraconis
07-24-2010, 11:07 AM
But then the question is... was the entire movie a dream, or just that he never woke up from being lost in Limbo?

It's my feeling that at least some of it had to be real based on the way that they described how the dream state works with projections - that and the fact that at the beginning of the movie, he's in Saito's Limbo in an attempt to bring him back.

But nothing says that the entire thing couldn't be an incredibly intricate dream where he is spending his Limbo attempting to get back to his children.

That's the beauty of how the movie is written, it's completely up to the watcher how it ends and to interpret the entire movie.

It's definitely one of those movies where some people may need to watch it again (I certainly feel like a second watching would really enhance the experience since there is so much to take in at first).

JBHuskers
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
I just saw a preview while watching wrestling for Piranha 3D :D :D the only thing missing is David Arquette.

TheShockDoctor
07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Well I have seen Inception twice so far and have loved it both times. I generally have to watch movies more then once to pick up all the story and tie the loose ends together but while watching Inception the first I pretty much understood everything and I loved that. It was a tremendous movie and the music is well done also. If someone is on the fence about seeing it then I will definitely recommend this to you.

cdj
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Inception Ripped-Off Scrooge McDuck & The Beagle Boys (http://videogum.com/208132/caught-inception-ripped-off-scrooge-mcduck/remakes-and-spinoffs/)!

If you haven't seen the movie or don't know the basic premise, don't click on the link.