PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 NCAA 14 OD: 2013 - Week 1

cdj
07-22-2013, 07:21 PM
The week will advance again on Wednesday night, July 24.

There are NO User v User Games this week.

Off-week (Recruiting duties only): UTSA (bjrod), Memphis (XUSEMAGRU), UTEP (HANDSWARD), New Mexico (Escobar)

Good luck!

- P.S. I hope you all turned recruiting assistance to off or your board will be a mess. (Unless you want the CPU help.) Also, make sure to turn ON e-mail notifications through the DynastyWire website to be notified of week advances, last game remaining, etc.

Xusemagru
07-22-2013, 07:38 PM
im all set with my recruiting for week 1

Deuce
07-22-2013, 09:21 PM
ODU starts off strong with a 34-24 win over ECU.

Man, I need to learn to trust these slider makers. Thought the game played really well. Passing was NOT easy. :up:

Typed by thumbs.

HANDSWARD
07-22-2013, 09:57 PM
- P.S. I hope you all turned recruiting assistance to off or your board will be a mess. (Unless you want the CPU help.) Also, make sure to turn ON e-mail notifications through the DynastyWire website to be notified of week advances, last game remaining, etc.

:bang: Every time I start a new dynasty!

JBHuskers
07-22-2013, 11:53 PM
:bang: Every time I start a new dynasty!

:D I feel your pain brother.

I'll do my week 1 tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

psusnoop
07-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Georgia State puts up some really big offensive numbers but had no answer really for UConn.

Fun game, my defense is atrocious.

Deuce
07-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Georgia State puts up some really big offensive numbers but had no answer really for UConn.

Fun game, my defense is atrocious.

I gave up over 400 yards passing but the completion % seemed realistic. Luckily ECU missed 3 field goals!

Typed by thumbs.

cdj
07-23-2013, 03:48 PM
bjrod (Recruiting), JBHuskers, ecirpwehttam (Recruiting), marcotte remain.

Whit
07-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Got room in this one for an old man? :nod: bjrod is my sponsor ;)

JBHuskers
07-23-2013, 04:14 PM

Gonna be an OMML reunion! We're full now, but there's always someone that doesn't last long.

Whit
07-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Cool bro, let the Whit know! :)

gibo
07-23-2013, 07:01 PM

WHIT !!!!!!! Man good to hear from u ! looks like we gonna have to start a seniors league ! lol hope u are doing well. not much has changed since we were in OMML , Bj is still everybody's home coming game ! lol Welcome home man.

bjrod9
07-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Cool bro, let the Whit know! :)

Wow welcome back bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Xusemagru
07-23-2013, 08:17 PM
ODU starts off strong with a 34-24 win over ECU.

Man, I need to learn to trust these slider makers. Thought the game played really well. Passing was NOT easy. :up:

Typed by thumbs.

yea passing is not easy at all i am playing an exhibition game (since practice seemed broken caused me to freeze) with the sliders for the dynasty and i think right now my passing is 4 of 16 meanwhile the computer is 9 of 10...going to be a long season if i dont learn how to pass lol

bjrod9
07-23-2013, 09:27 PM
UTSA is ready to advance!

marcotte14
07-23-2013, 10:11 PM
UL Lafayette is ready!

What a great come back win to beat Arkansas. Didn't start off great having 3 turnovers and my starting RB tearing his ACL, but I managed to pull it out. Anyone else have their QB over throw wide open receivers? Not only by a little bit, but by a lot, like 15 yards behind/ahead of them. Even the cpu QB was struggling too with accuracy. They would've easily beat me if it weren't for their dropped passes, but overall im pleased with the gameplay.

gibo
07-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Yeah , I agree passing is tough ! I have to learn how to read the defense better , but I have always struggled with that ! I got a lot of gifts from cpu wr , dropped a number of wide open passes !

gibo
07-24-2013, 12:33 AM
UL Lafayette is ready!

What a great come back win to beat Arkansas. Didn't start off great having 3 turnovers and my starting RB tearing his ACL, but I managed to pull it out. Anyone else have their QB over throw wide open receivers? Not only by a little bit, but by a lot, like 15 yards behind/ahead of them. Even the cpu QB was struggling too with accuracy. They would've easily beat me if it weren't for their dropped passes, but overall im pleased with the gameplay.

I saw numerous overthrows by QB in the game , most of them early in the game !

gibo
07-24-2013, 02:47 AM
during practice tonight , i had a lot of overthrown passes, real bad in some cases! We might need to adjust the sliders on this! what do you guys think?

Whit
07-24-2013, 07:09 AM
WHIT !!!!!!! Man good to hear from u ! looks like we gonna have to start a seniors league ! lol hope u are doing well. not much has changed since we were in OMML , Bj is still everybody's home coming game ! lol Welcome home man.

Helllo my friend!!!

Yeah, I was looking for a Senior Dynasty, LOL, that allows falling asleep during play, etc :nod:

Whit
07-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Wow welcome back bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The prodical son hath returned!! Ok, I'll stop messing up the thread now :)

JBHuskers
07-24-2013, 09:43 AM
I will get my game in early tonight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Xusemagru
07-24-2013, 10:34 AM
during practice tonight , i had a lot of overthrown passes, real bad in some cases! We might need to adjust the sliders on this! what do you guys think?

I was overthrowing WIDE open receivers. these werent like slightly overthrown but like 10-15 yards overthrown or it would lead the receiver way too much. I realize our teams are a bit low on the ratings scale. I wonder how these sliders would affect a better QB.

Escobar
07-24-2013, 03:02 PM

The sliders play completely different in practice mode than in games. Your QB's will play worse in practice.

JBHuskers
07-24-2013, 03:04 PM
I'll post my rush and pass stats, along with the CPU for my game of FIU vs. Maryland after I'm done for some reference.

cdj
07-24-2013, 03:48 PM
In my game vs. Miami, the CPU was terrible passing the ball. 10 of 27, 2 INT.

Mia QB Stephen Morris has 90 THP & 86 THA, so he should have had better stats. Some drops killed his statline, though.

I *think* the slider creator neutered the passing game to make up for poor pass coverage. Both the CPU and I had some overthrows that probably would have been catches with default sliders.

I say we go another week or two with these, but make sure to keep posting your thoughts/feedback and we can do some tweaks as we go along.

Deuce
07-24-2013, 04:02 PM
In my game against ECU the CPU QB had over a 60% completion rate with over 400 yards. I think he had 1 int.

Typed by thumbs.

JBHuskers
07-24-2013, 07:11 PM
A pick 6 put me up 21-20 with 4:20 to go, but then the defense quit working :fp: lost 35-21.

My Passing: 23-48 319 2TD 4INT
CPU Passing: 18-26 182 0TD 2INT

My Rushing: 19-42
CPU Rushing: 18-110 (QB)
CPU Rushing: 16-62 (HB)

HANDSWARD
07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
In my game vs. Miami, the CPU was terrible passing the ball. 10 of 27, 2 INT.

Mia QB Stephen Morris has 90 THP & 86 THA, so he should have had better stats. Some drops killed his statline, though.

I *think* the slider creator neutered the passing game to make up for poor pass coverage. Both the CPU and I had some overthrows that probably would have been catches with default sliders.

I say we go another week or two with these, but make sure to keep posting your thoughts/feedback and we can do some tweaks as we go along.

As I have played more games with this slider setup I have been thinking the same thing about passing. The 5 QB Accuracy just causes way too many throws that are miles away from the receiver even when your QB accuracy is 99. I also think the 45 INT for the CPU is a little too high. Could probably go down to 30 or 25 for both Human and CPU. The defensive players are better at catching the ball than offensive players right now. Also Human rush defense could be turned up just a bit to 40, maybe 45. I've had a few times where I am in a good Defense for a run, they run to the side I am hoping, but nobody is there to come close to making a play. It is up to the one Human controlled guy to stop the run.

Just my 2 cents...

Escobar
07-25-2013, 12:51 PM
He as updated his slider set to these:

Difficulty: Heisman

Quarter Length: 8 minutes

Play Calling: Optional

Speed: Normal

Threshold: 50 or 25 (I use 23 for best results)

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU
QB Accuracy: 5-10/5
Pass Blocking: 45/40
WR Catching: 35/40
RB Ability: 60/80
Run Blocking: 25/50
Pass Coverage: 65/75
Interception: 35/45
Rush Defense: 35/50
Tackling: 50/50

Special Teams
FG Power: 45/40
FG Accuracy: 5/35
Punt Power: 20/45
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/45

Penalties
Offside: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Face Mask: 55
OPI: 50
DPI: 50
KR/PR Inter: 50
Clipping: 55
Int Grounding: 75
RTP: 54
RTK: 50

Xusemagru
07-25-2013, 06:57 PM
As I have played more games with this slider setup I have been thinking the same thing about passing. The 5 QB Accuracy just causes way too many throws that are miles away from the receiver even when your QB accuracy is 99. I also think the 45 INT for the CPU is a little too high. Could probably go down to 30 or 25 for both Human and CPU. The defensive players are better at catching the ball than offensive players right now. Also Human rush defense could be turned up just a bit to 40, maybe 45. I've had a few times where I am in a good Defense for a run, they run to the side I am hoping, but nobody is there to come close to making a play. It is up to the one Human controlled guy to stop the run.

Just my 2 cents...

45 for the CPU is WAY too high im in the first quarter i have thrown 5 passes they have picked off 3 of them lol mind you i am throwing to wide open guys and i am overthrowing them by 5-10 yards which is how they are picking them

Escobar
07-25-2013, 08:08 PM
I think him raising the wr catching will alleviate some of the issues in the passing game. The receivers will now catch a higher percentage of balls in their area, reducing int's also.