PDA

View Full Version : Week 7, 2010

Oneback
08-02-2010, 09:56 PM
=============== #4 Oklahoma Sooners (5-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 28-23 against Oregon State (3-2).
This week, the Sooners travel to College Station to face the #15 Texas A&M Aggies (5-0).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB Tim Bryant has committed to Iowa
- (****) LG Lorenzo Nolan has committed to Texas
- (****) HB Justin Love has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) LE Bryan Martinez has committed to TCU
- (****) LE Kyle Baker has committed to Nebraska
- (****) MLB Andre Heard has committed to Boise State

=============== Clemson Tigers (4-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 47-10 against North Carolina (1-4).
This week, the Tigers will host Maryland (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Daniel Wright has committed to Notre Dame
- (***) QB Todd Willis has committed to Maryland
- (****) DT Rocky Moses has committed to Auburn
- (****) ROLB Greg Barber has committed to South Carolina

=============== #8 Florida State Seminoles (6-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 28-23 against Miami (3-2).
This week, the Seminoles will host Boston College (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Kenyon Guerrero has committed to Nebraska
- (*****) HB Reynaldo Herring has committed to Florida

=============== #21 Miami Hurricanes (3-2) ===============
Last week, Miami lost 28-23 against Florida State (6-0).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RG Donald Fowler has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Michigan Wolverines (6-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 20-17 against Michigan State (4-2).
This week, the Wolverines will host #17 Iowa (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR David Gibson has committed to Michigan
- (*****) WR William Schroeder has committed to Penn State
- (****) DT Pat Brown has committed to Alabama

=============== #22 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 63-13 against Indiana (3-2).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Madison to face the #2 Wisconsin Badgers (5-0).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Calvin Blake has committed to Ohio State
- (****) CB Heath Little has committed to Ohio State
- (***) DT Matt Jackson has committed to Ohio State
- (****) MLB Mark Newton has committed to Ohio State

=============== #19 Oregon Ducks (4-2) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 38-12 against Texas A&M (5-0).
This week, the Ducks are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Bryan Martinez has committed to TCU
- (****) HB Justin Love has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) MLB Shane Simmons has committed to Iowa
- (****) LE Kyle Baker has committed to Nebraska
- (****) CB Clay Jackson has committed to USC
- (****) LE Matt Wilson has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 30-9 against Illinois (2-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Heath Little has committed to Ohio State
- (****) WR Mark Green has committed to Alabama
- (***) FB Justin Lewis has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) FS Shawn Garcia has committed to Cincinnati

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (5-1) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech lost 69-44 against USC (4-1).
This week, the Red Raiders are idle.

=============== #3 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 49-14 against Central Michigan (4-2).
This week, the Hokies will host Wake Forest (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Mike Thomas has committed to BYU
- (****) WR Kenyon Guerrero has committed to Nebraska

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (5-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 55-21 against Oklahoma State (2-4).
This week, the Longhorns will host #18 Oregon State (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Keith Meade has committed to Nebraska
- (****) LG Keith Young has committed to Nebraska
- (****) MLB Andre Heard has committed to Boise State
- (****) LG Lorenzo Nolan has committed to Texas
- (****) WR Mark Green has committed to Alabama

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (5-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 44-0 against Minnesota (2-4).
This week, the Badgers will host #22 Ohio State (6-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Matt Wilson has committed to Wisconsin

gschwendt
08-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Jeff I should be available just about anytime tomorrow night. Let me know what your schedule is like but it shouldn't be too difficult from my end this week.

psusnoop
08-03-2010, 06:21 AM
I didn't see your message about watching Shark week with your son till after the fact, but I'd assume he was already in bed by the time I finished up. Sorry about week 6 there.

I lost Royster for 6 weeks due to a broken wrist last night. Looks like Green and Company are going to carry the load for me. I spent a little time throwing the rock around last night just to get comfortable.

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 06:30 AM
G, it should be just as simple for me. Home tonight by 7 or 8 ET at the latest.

Now we know the value of early visits. Snoop goes 3rd (-100) to a Hard Commit in a week.

Oneback
08-03-2010, 06:33 AM
I didn't see your message about watching Shark week with your son till after the fact, but I'd assume he was already in bed by the time I finished up. Sorry about week 6 there.

No problems, he was already in bed. I was in the OD testing out more playbooks when I got your message.

Oneback
08-03-2010, 06:34 AM

Now we know the value of early visits. Snoop goes 3rd (-100) to a Hard Commit in a week.

If only Snoop and I wouldn't have had him in on the same week.

psusnoop
08-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Thats right you had him in this week too. Very interesting......

This right here is all I need to know now, because I'm bringing in my recruits early and often for now on. This year is not possible now, but you better believe I want them in my house before anyone else has a chance to sweet talk them.

I just want to send a special thanks to everyone at the Endzone, you girls are the best!

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 09:16 AM
If only Snoop and I wouldn't have had him in on the same week.Or if I hadn't gotten caught off guard by the fact that I wasn't able to get him in Week 6 as well. If I'd hopped on as soon as you sent out the message, I think all three of us would have had a Week 6 visit.

Guess I've gotta hope for a top WR in the offseason recruits now. Nobody above 3 stars isn't already in Top 3 mode. Recruiting has totally changed this year.

skipwondah33
08-03-2010, 09:30 AM
interesting that Wisky jumped me in rankings.

gschwendt
08-03-2010, 09:36 AM
interesting that Wisky jumped me in rankings.
We're better... which even a computer can see :P

gschwendt
08-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Recruiting has totally changed this year.
I'll say. There are five players that I'm after that have soft-commits and only one of them is to a HUM team. I'm taking the gamble on all of them that I can change their minds...

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm taking the gamble on all of them that I can change their minds...Well, that plus the fact that you really have no other choice. There are no fall-back guys this year.

psusnoop
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I will admit that I love how tough recruiting is this year compared to last year.

In one of my other dynasties we have it set to Heisman recruiting and it is very tough but very real. The CPU is so aggressive that it makes it fun.

skipwondah33
08-03-2010, 10:55 AM
We're better... which even a computer can see :P

lol, still doesn't explain us losing a spot. Seems like we would have had to lose...maybe I didn't beat the CPU bad enough.

psusnoop
08-03-2010, 11:15 AM
We are in the Big 10 compared to the ACC remember,:D

psusnoop
08-03-2010, 11:17 AM
What could be interesting to play out is if Wiscy (Gschwendt) and Penn State (myself) run the table since we don't play each other. Could have an all Big 10 Championship game. Now that would be funny.

Disclaimer- by no means do I think I stand a great chance at doing this, but my team is good enough to compete which allows me to entertain the idea and humor myself

skipwondah33
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
We are in the Big 10 compared to the ACC remember,:D

The Big 10's CPU teams are push overs too lol

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 11:50 AM
What could be interesting to play out is if Wiscy (Gschwendt) and Penn State (myself) run the table since we don't play each other.I think it would be much more interesting if you both have a single loss to Ohio State.

DISCLAIMER: I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my tail kicked tonight. And when I play Penn State. And maybe even Michigan.

Oneback
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Michigan plays Iowa tonight. After surviving MSU we will not be talking any smack about the "powerhouse" teams in the Big 10 until we actually beat someone rated higher than us.

psusnoop
08-03-2010, 12:09 PM
LOL, considering I'm what 1 and 4 against you all time I'm not so sure about that. I'm just hoping to keep it close and maybe sneak out of Columbus with a W

gschwendt
08-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Just send me a text whenever you're ready.

Iron Dragon
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Looks like we cracked the top 5 and now get an undefeated A&M team..

psusnoop
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Congrats, now stay away from my recruits. They are telling me stories about your tactics and I don't appreciate it. LOL

texacotea
08-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Duke is turrible. Backups play the whole 2nd half and benjamin plays both ways.

gschwendt
08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Wisconsin defeats Ohio State 27-24 (http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$00248d24c17e_12427_6A073E1C&dynid=74791&sku=661A0001&sid=0&wknum=6)

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Flag Forgotten (http://bit.ly/aEwvek)

Madison, Wis. -- Some have said that Ohio State had every opportunity to come away with a win in Madison. Some have suggested that the early lead the Buckeyes gave the Badgers was simply too much to overcome. Few have even gone so far to suggest that Ohio State was lucky to keep the score as close as they did.

These people are clearly Reds. Whether Communist or just traitorous fans that secretly wear Wisconsin red, it is not clear. But they do not bleed scarlet and gray.

Ohio State was robbed.

According to anonymous sources, the field judge and back judge colluded to convieniently miss the obvious pass interference late in the 4th quarter, when the Buckeyes offense had a chance to take the lead. After handing the #2 ranked Badgers a 14-0 lead early in the first quarter, the Buckeyes had clawed their way back to a 17-10 deficit at halftime.

With the score 20-17 late in the 4th quarter, the nigh-unstoppable Buckeye offense had a chance to take the lead. Facing a 4th and long, Bobby Hoying dropped back to pass. After shrugging off a feeble sack attempt, Hoying stepped foward into the pocket and let fly, aiming for a wide open Buster Tillman. Only a clear hip-check by the defensive back prevented the completion.

When the thousands of Buckeye fans in the stadium (Camp Randall was so filled with red, you'd think it was a home game in Columbus) looked for a flag, they found none. 'Impossible!,' they thought. But nay, it was true.

Since the game ended, the real story has come to light. The dilligent fact checkers discovered that the back judge's son and/or daughter's ex-boy/girlfriend's uncle's nephew's adopted brother's best friend in grade school is a current student in Madison. Even less obvious evidence of an inherent conflict of interest could not easily be overlooked in a court of law.

A letter campaign has begun, in effort to get the Big Ten to make Wisconsin forfeit the game. Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez denied comment, though this reporter would swear on oath that laughter was heard, when asked about this story.

Wisconsin 27, Ohio State 24
It Was Over When: The Badgers recovered the Ohio State onside kick attempt with 2:10 left in the game.
Game Ball Goes To: QB Bobby Hoying, 18-25 for 275 yards. 2 TDs passing, 1 TD running, and 2 INTs.
Stat of the Game: 100. For the first time all season, Ohio State HB Eddie George did not break 100 yards for the game. Many in the media and in Columbus have second guessed the game plan, pointing to this statistic and Bobby Hoying's two interceptions.

Oneback
08-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Michigan unleashes a passing game that hasn't been seen all year in a 42-10 win over Iowa.

Iron Dragon
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Internet dropped in early 1st quarter against A&M with the Sooners leading and driving 7-0.

Will try again tonight or tomorrow,

gschwendt
08-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Internet dropped in early 1st quarter against A&M with the Sooners leading and driving 7-0.

Will try again tonight or tomorrow,Does that matter this year? In years past, so long as the internet connection was active whenever you exited the game, you wouldn't have a problem.

Iron Dragon
08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Holy hell, A&M has deflected 6 passes in the first quarter.. all of them on the DL or LB position.

Oneback
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Upset Alert!?!

Kingpin32
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Please let the upset happen so I can jump back up in the rankings hopefully.

Iron Dragon
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Landry Jones starts 4-for-13 and sits at halftime going 14-for-26 for 317 yards and 3 TDs. Murray has 91 yards rushing and a TD as Oklahoma leads 28-21 at the break after trailing 14-0. Dejuan Miller has 6 receptions for 143 yards and 2 TDs with 75 YAC.

skipwondah33
08-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Thats nothing, wait until you see one of the regular super CPU plays from my game..Little by little things from the last two versions are creeping up.

VT still blasts Wake

Iron Dragon
08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
#4 Oklahoma 52, #15 Texas A&M 27

No upset again, sorry.

The Sooners blew away A&M after trailing 14-0 to end quarter #1 as the team that continues to be quiet in the 1st quarter followed their season-long play and then torched A&M in the final three quarters. When Jerrod Johnson got hurt, it went downhill from there on offense for the Aggies in the second half.

Landry Jones had a career best day going 20-for-33 with 453 yards through the air for 5 TDs and no picks. Backup QB Drew Allen also threw a TD and ran for 10 yards.

DeMarco Murray had 10 carries for 107 yards and a TD.

Dejuan Miller caught 8 passes for 203 yards and 3 TDs. Ryan Broyles 3-49-TD. Brandon Caleb 2-96-2 TD.

Joseph Ibiloye had 7 tackles, 3 TFL and a PD. Jeremy Beal also had 3 TFLs.

Next week, I believe, we face #1 Texas.. maybe the game of the year as two-high scoring teams go at it. Possible chance of being #1 vs #2 (according to Media, not Coaches)?

Iron Dragon
08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Kingpin's the only one left.

Kingpin32
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm all done, I had a bye week this week.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Does that matter this year? In years past, so long as the internet connection was active whenever you exited the game, you wouldn't have a problem.

Will try again tonight or tomorrow,

I think I messed up that multi-quote but I'm with Gschwendt on this one. It does work like earlier versions from what I have played around with. I disconnected (forced a sign off to the PSN network) prior to kickoff against USF last night in the SBCOL league and reconnected and the stats all updated correctly last night. So either I got really lucky or it does work like before.

Iron Dragon
08-04-2010, 07:25 AM
I think I messed up that multi-quote but I'm with Gschwendt on this one. It does work like earlier versions from what I have played around with. I disconnected (forced a sign off to the PSN network) prior to kickoff against USF last night in the SBCOL league and reconnected and the stats all updated correctly last night. So either I got really lucky or it does work like before.

Ahh, now I know for the future.. last year if I remember right I lost connection then played through an entire game and it didn't upload once I regained connection.

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 07:55 AM
As long as you don't leave the game page and stay there till the connection comes back you should be fine. Just don't leave the game after it's finished before you reconnect.

gschwendt
08-05-2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkCzdZhuEI

psusnoop
08-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Nice video, good game guys. I'm still not sold on the possible pass interference call at 3:26 Jeff. I think the WR tried to run through the safety, it clearly through him off balance which would have resulted in an offensive pass interference.
:P

Oneback
08-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Good game, looks like its going to be an interesting end to Michigan's season.

I don't know Hoying's stats but that 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter I think you could have ran for the 1st.

fsuprime
08-05-2010, 09:39 AM
yea, he didnt want a piece, he wanted the WHOLE thing! lol.

psusnoop
08-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Does look like there was a nice seem up the middle there on that play but G was tracking that area and appeared to be looking for the run when the pass went off.

skipwondah33
08-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Good game, looks like its going to be an interesting end to Michigan's season.

I don't know Hoying's stats but that 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter I think you could have ran for the 1st.

He's pretty fast surprisingly...didn't know he could move like that

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Nice video, good game guys. I'm still not sold on the possible pass interference call at 3:26 Jeff. I think the WR tried to run through the safety, it clearly through him off balance which would have resulted in an offensive pass interference.
:PI don't actually think it was PI. That article was completely facetious.

I have noticed the game calls a lot fewer PIs than it did in previous years. In the past, anytime a defender prevented the WR from running, it was PI. Not the case this year.

EDIT: 3:26 wasn't the play in question, lol. 5:20.

I don't know Hoying's stats but that 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter I think you could have ran for the 1st.Maybe, maybe. I don't want to blame rules from the past, but after playing so many seasons with scrambling being banned, I don't even think to run on pass plays. Plus, as snoop said, I wouldn't have made it with G patrolling with St. Jean.

The real bone-headed move on that play was Glenn (square) came so open it's ridiculous. And Stanley (L1, I think ... slot on left) came open on his streak. Stanley actually brings the DB with him, which leaves Glenn even more open. I missed both of those reads. I was so convinced I was about to be sacked, and then surprised when he avoided it, that I essentially panicked with the throw.

He's pretty fast surprisingly...didn't know he could move like that4.67 40. Which doesn't sound that fast, except when you consider the fastest time at the Combine last year was Jarrett Brown's 4.54. Hoying would have beat Tebow by .05 and McCoy by more than a tenth.

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 07:25 PM
G, was like the last two minutes of that an instrumental version of a Paramore song?

Oneback
08-05-2010, 08:15 PM
We've never banned scrambling, just the taking off with the QB un warranted. If you look down field and no one is open your free to run, but you have to make an effort first.

gschwendt
08-05-2010, 08:55 PM
G, was like the last two minutes of that an instrumental version of a Paramore song?
Yeah... first one was a Prodigy song, the second was a Paramore. Although interestingly enough, my 30 day trial of Sony Vegas ran out today apparently so I can't get in there to confirm which song it was (I found several). Just FYI but I'll probably be purchasing Vegas (not Vegas Pro)... just in case anyone was worried you wouldn't see anymore videos in the future.

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 09:08 PM
We've never banned scrambling, just the taking off with the QB un warranted. If you look down field and no one is open your free to run, but you have to make an effort first.I wasn't talking in particular about Powerhouse. It's a problem I've had, personally, for years, because of the historical AI problems with scrambling. I just don't think of it.

Although interestingly enough, my 30 day trial of Sony Vegas ran out today apparently so I can't get in there to confirm which song it was (I found several)I know which song it is ... I knew it instantly. It just threw me that it was instrumental throughout.

I think I have Vegas Pro ... can't recall. But I do love it. I think I like it more than Premiere, and I used to be a huge Premiere geek.

gschwendt
08-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I think I have Vegas Pro ... can't recall. But I do love it. I think I like it more than Premiere, and I used to be a huge Premiere geek.
I've "had" Vegas Pro in the past but I've decided as much as I've used it, it's probably worthwhile for me to actually purchase it. I found that Vegas Movie Studio HD (http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope) has pretty much all of the Vegas Pro features that I would ever need (plus it has the identical interface). I'm honestly not sure what the difference between Pro & Studio HD are other than maybe some Pro features or something. I love Vegas though because it handles M2TS natively meaning I don't have to re-encode my videos before I edit them.