PDA

View Full Version : My Playbook Project - Duel speed back custom pb

johntom2000
07-14-2013, 07:45 PM
This is my new project. I got into this project back on NCAA 12 but, the custom pb's was jacked up. I want to run dual backs the whole game along with a moblie qb. I will be adding all the Shotgun 2 back sweets along with Pistol 2 back and diamond sets with I-form normal, flexbone, and wishbone. The playbook will be option strong with alot of off tackle, power O, FB dives and iso runs.

The passing game will be alot of air raid core plays and underneath stuff when the defense comes up to stop the run.

What do you guys think?

I would love to have other ideas on this! I think this can be a decent deadly playbook with tweaking.

johntom2000
07-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Here are the formations right off the top of my head.

Flexbone - Normal
Pistol - Full House
(Bascially Every Pistol 2 back set)
I-Form - Normal
I-Form - Twins
Strong I- Close
Shotgun - Heavy
Shotgun - Slot F Wing
Shotgun - Split Offset
Shotgun - Split Slot
Shotgun - Big Split (I think the name of it)
Shotgun - Split Twins
Shotgun - Split Y-Trips
Shotgun - 5WR Flex Trio (just to pick up the tempo when you need to)
Wishone - Tight

PDuncanOSU
07-15-2013, 09:22 AM
There are a lot of 3 & 4 WR Shotgun formations that have triple option plays or jet sweeps with a slot receiver. A lot of these formations allow you to package sub a HB into the slot and would likely have a lot of the Air Raid style pass plays you want.

uf83198
07-15-2013, 02:53 PM
IMO, SG Split Y Offset is (one of) the best Shotgun run formations in NCAA 14.

TaxiC4B
07-17-2013, 09:51 AM
I have wanted to create this exact style since 2012 as well! To have the power run game/option and then surprise them with some air raid concepts. It started with the old BYU offense back in the day when they used the Proset formation with 2 backs ALL the time. Occasionally doing Ace formations and stuff but I'm glad I have someone else who has the same mindset so we can compare our results. Great minds think alike!

johntom2000
07-17-2013, 11:25 PM
There are a lot of 3 & 4 WR Shotgun formations that have triple option plays or jet sweeps with a slot receiver. A lot of these formations allow you to package sub a HB into the slot and would likely have a lot of the Air Raid style pass plays you want.

Ya, I am still working on the formations.

IMO, SG Split Y Offset is (one of) the best Shotgun run formations in NCAA 14.

I am not a big fan of it.

I have wanted to create this exact style since 2012 as well! To have the power run game/option and then surprise them with some air raid concepts. It started with the old BYU offense back in the day when they used the Proset formation with 2 backs ALL the time. Occasionally doing Ace formations and stuff but I'm glad I have someone else who has the same mindset so we can compare our results. Great minds think alike!

Ya your right!

I am still working on it. I am having too much fun with my first custom pb (ROSA) Read Option Spread Attack. I just got done putting my plays in order for it. I will keep yall updated. Glad everybody like the idea. :)

drae504
07-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Ya your right!

I am still working on it. I am having too much fun with my first custom pb (ROSA) Read Option Spread Attack. I just got done putting my plays in order for it. I will keep yall updated. Glad everybody like the idea. :)

Could you post the formations and plays in your ROSA PB if you dont mind. or a video?

johntom2000
07-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Could you post the formations and plays in your ROSA PB if you dont mind. or a video?

Ya I will later today. :cool:

drae504
07-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Ya I will later today. :cool:

Thanks. also if you get time, could u do the same for this PB too. that dual back one ur creating. i just tried to create it. having a hard time removing plays lol

johntom2000
07-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Thanks. also if you get time, could u do the same for this PB too. that dual back one ur creating. i just tried to create it. having a hard time removing plays lol

I am posting ROSA right now (formations only) right now. I will start a new thread for it.

johntom2000
07-20-2013, 01:26 PM

Ya, I will try sometime this week.

johntom2000
07-20-2013, 01:27 PM

I have really forgot about this and majorly started to mix it in my offense. Thanks for the reminder. :D