PDA

View Full Version : Playbook creation/Spread Offense

IRISH
07-11-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm looking for a little advice on creating a playbook. Is this what most of you guys are running? I think I want to build a playbook of spread a mix in some power run options if I can. Any suggestions on a starting playbook? Better formations to make sure are in the playbook? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated

PDuncanOSU
07-11-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm looking for a little advice on creating a playbook. Is this what most of you guys are running? I think I want to build a playbook of spread a mix in some power run options if I can. Any suggestions on a starting playbook? Better formations to make sure are in the playbook? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated

I'd suggest looking into the Pistol formations. It allows you to use spread concepts and power/down-hill running in the same formations.

IRISH
07-11-2013, 10:39 AM
I'd suggest looking into the Pistol formations. It allows you to use spread concepts and power/down-hill running in the same formations.

I thought about adding a couple pistol formations in combination with formations from oregon and auburn but not sure..

Ligerborn
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
doing my shootbone offense... as per normal...
Blend of Ace, Flexbone, Pistol & Shotty...

I advice is to find a playbook that is laid out like you want, i.e. order of base formations, if one doesnt have a base set you want add it, if it loads in a good place for you, then edit from there.

with the mass amount of sets EA has provided isnt really an offense you cant create a reasonable version of.

thomguy123
07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Every time I use no-huddle in NCAA 14 using a custom offensive playbook, there is a very frustrating glitch. After a play ends and I start the no-huddle, that formation that I just used dissapears and reapears somewhere else with a different formation but the same (incorrect) name. Many other formations as you scroll through are with incorrect titles, and many dissapear that should be there. This happens quite a lot. Also, I have noticed if in no-huddle and you successfully get through this glitch and call a handoff (usually a jet sweep), the play doesn't work; the quarterback fakes a draw and then scrambles around the backfield until he gets tackled. Another very frustrating issue. Is anyone else having these troubles?

Escobar
07-14-2013, 07:17 PM
I've posted this multiple times. It also happens in the demo if you use Oregon.