PDA

View Full Version : Week 6, 2010

Oneback
08-01-2010, 08:31 PM
=============== #6 Oklahoma Sooners (4-0) ===============
Last week the Sooners were idle.
This week, the Sooners will host #13 Oregon State (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FB Brandon Davis has committed to LSU
- (*****) DT Lance Gibson has committed to Texas

=============== Clemson Tigers (3-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson lost 34-21 against Miami (3-1).
This week, the Tigers travel to Chapel Hill to face the North Carolina Tar Heels (1-3).

=============== #11 Florida State Seminoles (5-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 28-7 against Virginia (2-2).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Miami to face the #14 Miami Hurricanes (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT Brian Gaines has committed to Florida State

=============== #14 Miami Hurricanes (3-1) ===============
Last week, Miami won 34-21 against Clemson (3-1).
This week, the Hurricanes will host #11 Florida State (5-0).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (5-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 45-10 against Indiana (3-1).
This week, the Wolverines will host Michigan State (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Richard Williams has committed to USC

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (5-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 35-7 against Illinois (2-2).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Indiana (3-1).

=============== #9 Oregon Ducks (4-1) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 42-38 against Texas Tech (5-0).
This week, the Ducks travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (4-0).

=============== #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 31-27 against Iowa (3-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Illinois (2-2).

=============== #22 Texas Tech Red Raiders (5-0) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech won 42-38 against Oregon (4-1).
This week, the Red Raiders travel to Los Angeles to face the #12 USC Trojans (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FB Blake Wallace has committed to Texas Tech

=============== #2 Virginia Tech Hokies (5-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 41-3 against NC State (1-4).
This week, the Hokies will host Central Michigan (4-1).

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (4-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 55-7 against USC (3-1).
This week, the Longhorns will host Oklahoma State (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Ron Williams has committed to Florida
- (****) FB Brandon Davis has committed to LSU
- (****) LG Richard Williams has committed to USC
- (*****) DT Lance Gibson has committed to Texas

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (4-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 24-12 against Michigan State (4-1).
This week, the Badgers will host Minnesota (2-3).

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Big week for lots of teams ...

Oneback
08-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Oh boy here we go....kick off with MSU in T-Minus.....

9 recruits visiting....I expect everything that can go wrong to go wrong and after a quick look at their roster things look VERY even.

Kingpin32
08-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Well my defense sucks. Tech loses 69-44.

fsuprime
08-01-2010, 10:00 PM
fsu wins 28-23, EJ Manuel had an up and down game throwing for 300 and 2 TDs but had 3 INTS, each pick came when i actually tried to do a directional throw lol, so no more of that until ponder is back.

also can i get a rules clarification, I thought we banned aggressive DL play? or was that just talked about but never implemented?

gschwendt
08-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Wisconsin wins big defeating rival Minnesota 44-0 as nine recruits look on from the stands.

Oneback
08-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Michigan defeats rival Michigan State 20-17 on a last second field goal. Man I need to go towel off, talk about a white knuckler.

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Damn Sparty being Sparty.

texacotea
08-02-2010, 05:00 AM
fsu wins 28-23, EJ Manuel had an up and down game throwing for 300 and 2 TDs but had 3 INTS, each pick came when i actually tried to do a directional throw lol, so no more of that until ponder is back.

also can i get a rules clarification, I thought we banned aggressive DL play? or was that just talked about but never implemented?

Prob like we should ban running man 99% of the time?

Papa LoneStar
08-02-2010, 06:23 AM
I hope we didn't ban running man 99% of the time :-/

texacotea
08-02-2010, 06:41 AM
I hope we didn't ban running man 99% of the time :-/

no we didnt, its just garbage because the corners run better routes than the recievers. and it takes nothing to play man and send 2 extra. Im done, I lost and moving on

Papa LoneStar
08-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Ah....I've noticed that playing against the cpu....but there always seems to be at least one open....just tough for me to find 'em. I know somebody is gonna shut down my running game and I'm gonna be forced to figure out how to pass consistently. My defense is pretty simple 95% of the time....as a handful of yall know....either I'm in man without a blitz or I'm just throwing something in to "mix" it up ;-)

texacotea
08-02-2010, 07:27 AM
But when you send 1 or 2 and have the corners running my routes, its stupid because you dont have time to go through a progression because a corner is coming off the edge.

skipwondah33
08-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Prob like we should ban running man 99% of the time?

Yeah thats the new thing online I have heard and actually played against in my last online game. I'm convinced that the guy was using aggressive coverage with it, either that or Arizona's secondary must be the best of all-time

Iron Dragon
08-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Dejuan Miller doesn't play and takes the Heisman lead.. alright then..

Oneback
08-02-2010, 08:25 AM
On the issue of man coverage lets not make a big deal out of it yet. Alot of us have been running man defense for years due to the failures of zone coverage in this series and its a hard habit to break. That being said there are ways to defeat man coverage, granted it limits what you can do but with a tuner set due to be released this week from EA I hope this will become a non-issue.

Remember though that the foundation of simulation play is to not try to exploit the shortcomings of EA...for whatever reason they decided to make corners run better routes than the wide recievers. So until this issue is fixed please keep that in mind when playing another member by mixing up your coverages. Just like its no fun to play against someone that takes a fast and agile back and runs off-tackle all game long, the game gets stale playing against someone that only plays one defense all game long, especially when that defense is given an unfair advantage by EA.

I've tried to elimintate it as mush as I can through sliders while still allowing you to play pass defense, but as we have found out OD sliders are only useful against the CPU.

Again, once we have more information on what the tuner set will do and how it effects man coverage please just keep these things in mind and we will revisit once we have more information. Again I am hoping this will be a non-issue in just a few days or less.

Also, please in the future if there are any questions you have about the gameplay style of another member please PM me about it. Do not bring it up in one of the threads. If there is an issue I will discuss with both parties so that we can all come to a satisfactory resolution.

If there are any issues that would effect the OD as a whole (man coverage) I will bring it up in a new thread so all can discuss.

Thank you

Iron Dragon
08-02-2010, 08:54 AM
#6 Oklahoma 28, #13 Oregon State 23

DeMarco Murray's TD run after Dejuan Miller's big gain the play before set up Oklahoma's slim win over Oregon State with under 15 seconds left in a game that had Oklahoma trail 20-7 into the fourth, take a 21-20 lead, lose it to a late FG, only to score a TD to keep the Sooners unbeaten.

Landry Jones 30-54 passing 365 yards 2 TD 2 INT (both in 1st half)
DeMarco Murray 18 carries 101 yards 2 TD
Jaz Reynolds 11 catches 99 yards
Dejuan Miller 6 catches 85 yards TD
Ryan Broyles 4 catches 53 yards TD
Cameron Kenny 4 catches 58 yards

psusnoop
08-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Nice game, though I have to admit I was pulling for the upset here. Not only in recruiting, but in the rankings as well.

How in the world is Michigan and OSU not ranked yet. They should soon be getting some love in my opinion.

I also wish that I played Wisconsin this year, G you lucked out LOL

Iron Dragon
08-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Nice game, though I have to admit I was pulling for the upset here. Not only in recruiting, but in the rankings as well.

How in the world is Michigan and OSU not ranked yet. They should soon be getting some love in my opinion.

I also wish that I played Wisconsin this year, G you lucked out LOL

I really thought we were going to be knocked off but once again our team shows up in the fourth quarter.

Oneback
08-02-2010, 09:09 AM
I didn't expect to be ranked until at the very least after this week or until after next week vs Iowa as I haven't really played anyone yet. I see myself going 8-4 to 10-2 during the regular season. I don't see myself sweeping Iowa, Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State this year.

fsuprime
08-02-2010, 10:01 AM
i called the same type of game i normally do, 70/80% man, with some zone/zone blitzes on different downs, as far as aggressive sliders, before the game i thought we had banned DL and limited Pass Commit (which was my mistake, i assumed and was used to another OD i am in) so i only pass committed on 3rd and long, but once i saw JTS for 3 straight plays on my first series i turned on my aggressive DL as well, which obviously helps man defense and rush defense in general.

texacotea
08-02-2010, 10:47 AM

psusnoop
08-02-2010, 11:01 AM
I still get upset when I look at the darn coaches poll. I destroyed Bama and yet they are two spots ahead of me in the polls. Give me a break, atleast I'm getting some respect in the media poll. LOL

Oneback that is going to be a fun test for your Wolverines coming up.

JeffHCross
08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
once i saw JTS for 3 straight plays on my first seriesThat's pretty much what I've done, dating back to when I joined PH in NCAA '10. If my opponent runs it, I turn it on. If they don't, I leave it off. If my line starts to dominate too much, I turn it off. With Gameplan being deemphasized this year, there have been some games I've completely forgotten about it.

JeffHCross
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
OSU not ranked yet.Teambuilder teams, inexplicably, start at #60 in the Preseason poll, no matter what. I'm basically #26 right now.

psusnoop
08-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I didn't know that Jeff, hmm interesting. Well you've come along way since then. Lets hope that ends soon enough hehehe

skipwondah33
08-02-2010, 01:57 PM
I will have my game played ASAP this afternoon/evening.

psusnoop
08-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Me too, more likely this evening but it will for sure get done. I would have played last night but I lost a heartbreaker to Rutgers I was USF to the computer by them generating a game winning TD drive with 18 seconds left in the game from their own 19yd line. I chugged two beers and went to bed after that game. I just couldn't take the chance of messing this game up against Illinois last night. LOL

Oneback
08-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Can someone text me when we are ready to advance. I am watching Shark Week with my son.

Papa LoneStar
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Last time I checked (about a hour ago)....I think there were 2 left

skipwondah33
08-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I just finished. Waiting on PSU now

psusnoop
08-03-2010, 06:24 AM
I still get upset when I look at the darn coaches poll. I destroyed Bama and yet they are two spots ahead of me in the polls. Give me a break, atleast I'm getting some respect in the media poll. LOL

Oneback that is going to be a fun test for your Wolverines coming up.

LOL ask and you shall receive. I complained and then beat a 2-2 Illinois team by 21 at home and all of a sudden I leap frog Bama, and TCU. Good stuff!