PDA

View Full Version : Chalk Talk: Favorite playbooks so far?

johntom2000
07-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Since the custom playbook formation audibles is jacked up. Looks like stock is the way to go. Mine favorites so far is Multiple, Nebraska, and Florida. What yours?

WVHusker
07-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Nebraska. It's so great for running the ball

johntom2000
07-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Nebraska. It's so great for running the ball

Yes! It has a nasty I-form normal!

WVHusker
07-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Yes! It has a nasty I-form normal!

Oh man tell me about it. Pistol Twin TE is great too. I love the Read Option Lead play with the TE pulling. Busted a 66 yard TD with Martinez in a game yesterday on that play.

gschwendt
07-10-2013, 10:47 AM
With regards to custom playbook formation audibles being jacked up, is it the same as it has been (sometimes won't assign a formation audible) or is there a new bug this year?

WVHusker
07-10-2013, 10:50 AM
With regards to custom playbook formation audibles being jacked up, is it the same as it has been (sometimes won't assign a formation audible) or is there a new bug this year?

I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's the same as it's always been. I haven't had to audible with my playbook yet.

strattjw
07-10-2013, 11:31 AM

Same as it has always been. Occasionally a play you select out a formation will block out one of your formation audibles. If you want to take the time you can go through and add/remove plays from the formation lacking an audible to find out what is blocking it from working. It is time consuming but works.

ncaajunkie
07-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Auburns playbook is great. They added some new formations and plays. So many new read option plays that feels like Gus Malzahns offense.

uagrad90
07-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Its got to be certain formations or plays. Ive created 3 so far and no issues. I have used Ohio State as my base.

jolson88
07-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I created a custom playbook based on Mike Leach's Air Raid PB at Washing State. Essentially, I took Washington State's playbook as my base, added in some read option/triple option/shovels from Oregon's style offense into various formations, and have been profiting :). What a sweet playbook :). If I did a straight-up default playbook, I'd probably stick with Washington State as I simply love the Air Raid.

RussellW65
07-10-2013, 06:05 PM
I am an option guy but while playing around I found san Jose St's PB and it has a nice mixture of I, ACE and Shotgun.

johntom2000
07-10-2013, 06:20 PM
I am an option guy but while playing around I found san Jose St's PB and it has a nice mixture of I, ACE and Shotgun.

Have you notice that plays. Like the speed sweep out of the flexbone normal you can't run it flipped.

RussellW65
07-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Have you notice that plays. Like the speed sweep out of the flexbone normal you can't run it flipped.

I don't want to hijack this thread so meet me in the Flexbone thread.

Ligerborn
07-11-2013, 08:42 PM
hrm... I havent had any issue with formation audibles working, basically the rules on what it places there are the same.

for a Deep Pass, you need a 4 verts type play, sometimes you can get others in there Smash a common one, RnS plays are others.
for a Short Pass Quick Slants, Stick, Screens
for a PA pass, a PA pass or Option pass if you have a slants or stick play in short you can get a screen
for a Run it will take any run, but a Dive/inside run has first priority

You follow the rules and the formation audibles are pretty easy.

johntom2000
07-11-2013, 11:32 PM
hrm... I havent had any issue with formation audibles working, basically the rules on what it places there are the same.

for a Deep Pass, you need a 4 verts type play, sometimes you can get others in there Smash a common one, RnS plays are others.
for a Short Pass Quick Slants, Stick, Screens
for a PA pass, a PA pass or Option pass if you have a slants or stick play in short you can get a screen
for a Run it will take any run, but a Dive/inside run has first priority

You follow the rules and the formation audibles are pretty easy.

Well after 2 cans of skoal, a notebook, a pen, and about 2 hours. I finally got it bascially done. Adding this and take away this. Shew you figured after 4+ years on current gen they would clean up the custom pb feature. God forbid trying to one on past Madden's. As for this coming Madden's system, it looks interesting.

Ligerborn
07-12-2013, 11:17 AM
lol....

well man dunno... to me it has never been an issue, and making playbooks and figuring out what will work and what wont is a large part of the game for me. I can spend hours putting in sets getting what I want labbing it, then trying something else. Its how I learn the game before my dynasties start.

But everyone enjoys these games for different reasons.

I haven't played madden in about 10 years, loathe pro football... my favorite offenses, and the No Fun League just dont work well together. then there is the personalities, players coaches media.

By and large I only do small school stuff, and only watch the small conferences, military academies, FCS or DII ball.

But gald you got it figured out. And yes it should have been fixed, but hell I have made the CPB work each year how I needed it too, sadly the game play has let me done far more than the CPBs, though so far this year really enjoying the gameplay too.

Justin66
07-14-2013, 09:16 PM
I like Auburn's playbook as much as it pains me to say it. Being a Alabama fan :smh:

xMrHitStickx904
07-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Ole Miss right now is my favorite spread book.