PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 OD - NCAA Football 14 Settings & Slider Discussion

cdj
07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Hopefully we can start the OD next week (sometime between July 15-19) once rosters are finished. In the meantime, use this thread to discuss/recommend sliders & settings for the league. This also includes Coach XP Progression.

Deuce
07-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I'll pretty much be ok with whatever. I've only been able to play 8 games so far and they've been all over the board. Won my first 4 games against comparable teams on AA. 3 were close and one was a blow out. The next 2 games were against far superior teams and got my ass handed to me. Playing 7 min qtrs I gave up 450 pass yards in one game and allowed an RB to gain 250 yards rushing in the next game. The one thing I feel needs to be adjusted is pass accuracy. Im completing way too many passes. Penalties are non existent so those will need to be tweaked but I haven't done any testing.
As far as coach progression goes I vote for slow or slowest. I'm not a big fan of this feature so I want to dilute it as much as possible. :)

Typed by thumbs.

marcotte14
07-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Sliders - I agree with Deuce about the coaching progression. As far as everything else. I think the CPU field goal power should be turned down a little bit. Maybe penalties up a little more and the threshold should be lowered. No way a 95 speed guy should get caught from behind.

Settings - Heisman difficulty, 6-7 min quarters. Start out with 2* teams or anyone under a 75.

Escobar
07-08-2013, 11:44 PM
I think snoop (psusnoop) is working on some sliders. I used his for the demo and they were the best set that I played with. As for coach progression I was thinking about slow at first until someone here posted their chart from testing 6 years with 4 different teams. Nevermind, just went back and looked at his post again. Slow might be the way to go.

bjrod9
07-09-2013, 09:16 PM
What kind of teams will we be looking at so we can start preparing? I'm ready, light this forum up guys.

HANDSWARD
07-12-2013, 07:05 PM
So far I have been getting really good games with Heisman difficulty on offense. I've been playing as an OC so I can't really speak for defense. My only slider changes are Human QB Accuracy is turned down to 20 and CPU Interceptions is turned down to 20. Rest is default.

cdj
07-15-2013, 02:58 PM
The two biggest decisions are:

- Coach Progression: Sounds like SLOW is the group pick.

- Start as OC/DC or as HC: Is the DB Zone Aggressiveness bug still in the game? If it is, I say we start as 1-star HC.

Once we get that figured out, I'll get the OD set-up and invites out. That should be in the next 24 hours.

We can always adjust sliders/settings as we go but it sounds like 7-min qtrs.

This is the last chance for any additional sliders/settings feedback.

Deuce
07-15-2013, 04:08 PM
I'd rather start as a HC. I just enjoy the game a lot more when I'm in control of both sides.

Typed by thumbs.

JBHuskers
07-15-2013, 05:08 PM
I'd rather start as a HC. I just enjoy the game a lot more when I'm in control of both sides.

Typed by thumbs.

Agreed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Escobar
07-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I recommend we use psusnoop's sliders and start out as 1* HC:

8 Minute Quarter length

Heisman
Heisman
Heisman
On
On
On
Normal
On
On
59 offside
59 false start
59 holding
58 facemask
100 offensive pass interference
100 defensive pass interference
100 kr/pr interference
58 clipping
100 intentional grounding
53 roughing the passer
100 roughing the kicker
USER:
15 QB accuracy
20 pass blocking
30 WR catching
40 RB ability
45 run blocking
80 pass coverage
15 interceptions
60 rush defense
60 tackling
40 fg power
30 fg accuracy
40 punt power
30 punt accuracy
45 kickoff power
CPU:
20 QB accuracy
30 pass blocking
35 wr catching
55 RB ability
55 run blocking
80 pass coverage
15 interceptions
70 rush defense
60 tackling
40 fg power
40 fg accuracy
40 punt power
40 punt accuracy
50 kickoff power

Escobar
07-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Also what rosters will we be using? The OS Rosters are coming out today

bjrod9
07-15-2013, 09:18 PM
In down for whatever, I just want to play.

gibo
07-15-2013, 09:25 PM
this will be my first rodeo with OD ! Are we using mid major teams ?

cdj
07-15-2013, 09:38 PM
this will be my first rodeo with OD ! Are we using mid major teams ?

Basically! We'll start with 1* teams, but you can take any job offer you want as we progress.

I'm thinking for rosters we will use BigWY's since he is nice enough to host them here exclusively and I know his crew did a lot of work in getting the coach file aspect up to par. It should be pretty fun to also be 'competing' against real-life coaches.

HANDSWARD
07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
I recommend we use psusnoop's sliders and start out as 1* HC:

8 Minute Quarter length

Heisman
Heisman
Heisman
On
On
On
Normal
On
On
59 offside
59 false start
59 holding
58 facemask
100 offensive pass interference
100 defensive pass interference
100 kr/pr interference
58 clipping
100 intentional grounding
53 roughing the passer
100 roughing the kicker
USER:
15 QB accuracy
20 pass blocking
30 WR catching
40 RB ability
45 run blocking
80 pass coverage
15 interceptions
60 rush defense
60 tackling
40 fg power
30 fg accuracy
40 punt power
30 punt accuracy
45 kickoff power
CPU:
20 QB accuracy
30 pass blocking
35 wr catching
55 RB ability
55 run blocking
80 pass coverage
15 interceptions
70 rush defense
60 tackling
40 fg power
40 fg accuracy
40 punt power
40 punt accuracy
50 kickoff power

:+1:

This sounds like a good setup.

Deuce
07-17-2013, 11:02 AM
I'd like 7 minute qtrs if its not a big deal. The games are long enough. It's tough fitting in a game with kiddos. :)

Typed by thumbs.

Marlowe
07-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Is the DB Zone Aggressiveness bug still in the game?

Yep :fp:

Escobar
07-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Yep :fp:

Which one are you talking about? I haven't really seen the db's running up to the los so they can get beat deep easily.

Escobar
07-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Also, here are some sliders a guy at OS made purely based off of players' ratings. Went through and tested each slider with adjusted ratings to get his results. They seem to be having fun with them and getting good results.

Difficulty: Heisman

Quarter Length: 8 minutes works best (for total amount of plays)

Speed: Normal

Threshold: 50

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU

QB Accuracy: 5/5
Pass Blocking: 45/40
WR Catching: 30/40
RB Ability: 60/80
Run Blocking: 40/50
Pass Coverage: 50/55
Interception: 30/45
Rush Defense: 30/45
Tackling: 45/50

Special Teams

FG Power: 45/40
FG Accuracy: 5/35
Punt Power: 20/45
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/45

All penalties at 50

Marlowe
07-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Aggressive zones slider bug in the gameplay settings. If you sim and press R1 to view, the slider for zones changes to aggressive. Tried it out last night in another OD and it's still occurring.

Escobar
07-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Oh, well if we are HC it wouldn't matter I don't think.

cdj
07-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Aggressive zones slider bug in the gameplay settings. If you sim and press R1 to view, the slider for zones changes to aggressive. Tried it out last night in another OD and it's still occurring.

Like Escobar said, I don't "think" it happens if you are a HC, so I feel great that we did not go as OC/DC this year. I am very frustrated/disappointed that issue has not been addressed yet (three years in).

Marlowe
07-19-2013, 06:42 PM
It still happens if you're a head coach...just don't sim (and probably watch the plays) on defense.

gibo
07-19-2013, 06:59 PM
this will be my first try at OD , could i get some advice from you guys about recruiting ? i am not trying to steal anyone's secrets , just some general advice ! i have a few questions , any chance getting 4 star or higher recruits at army? any advice would be appreciated ! thanks !

JBHuskers
07-20-2013, 01:05 AM
this will be my first try at OD , could i get some advice from you guys about recruiting ? i am not trying to steal anyone's secrets , just some general advice ! i have a few questions , any chance getting 4 star or higher recruits at army? any advice would be appreciated ! thanks !

In NCAA 13, yes. In 14, not sure with the new recruiting system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

HANDSWARD
07-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I played several games with both slider set-ups detailed in this thread. The Operation Sports setup is better IMO. Passing is more difficult in it and running is actually doable. I was constantly getting tackled from behing by DTs and DEs when I ran the ball in Snoop's setup. The 20 speed threshold isn't enough to make up for the reduced RB ability. I do like Snoops penalty setup, as it was nice to see pass interference called on the CPU once.

So in summary, my recommendation/preference:
- Use Op Sports for Human and CPU sliders
- Use Snoop's for penalties

Thoughts?

Escobar
07-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I played several games with both slider set-ups detailed in this thread. The Operation Sports setup is better IMO. Passing is more difficult in it and running is actually doable. I was constantly getting tackled from behing by DTs and DEs when I ran the ball in Snoop's setup. The 20 speed threshold isn't enough to make up for the reduced RB ability. I do like Snoops penalty setup, as it was nice to see pass interference called on the CPU once.

So in summary, my recommendation/preference:
- Use Op Sports for Human and CPU sliders
- Use Snoop's for penalties

Thoughts?

Snoop has actually abandoned his sliders. We've been testing in Powerhouse and we found that using the updated player ratings' sliders w/ a threshold of 23 gives the best gameplay. I think we should use the penalty set up in this set also, because he found that they affect the cpu ai some, such as when the QB chooses to scramble. Here they are:

Quarter Length: 8 minutes.

Threshold: 23

QB Accuracy: 5/5
WR Catching: 30/40
RB Ability: 60/80
Pass Coverage: 55/55
Interception: 35/45
Rush Defense: 35/50
Tackling: 50/50

Special Teams

Penalties
Offside: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Face Mask: 55
OPI: 50
DPI: 50
KR/PR Inter: 50
Clipping: 55
Int Grounding: 75
RTP: 54
RTK: 50

gibo
07-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Hey guys , anyone having trouble with practice mode in our OD ? Three straight times the game has froze after the first play !

Deuce
07-23-2013, 07:47 AM
I haven't tried practice mode...can you set the sliders up and play outside the dynasty?

Typed by thumbs.

Marlowe
07-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Hey guys , anyone having trouble with practice mode in our OD ? Three straight times the game has froze after the first play !

Yea I've had the same issue in another OD. Might be a custom pb issue. If you make changes to your cpb I probably wouldn't practice with it until the week is advanced. Anyway not sure if that helps but it seems to have worked for me.

Marlowe
07-23-2013, 08:44 AM

I'll usually try to fill out team needs first as far as selecting recruits. Then I'll do a search for all recruits who have me as their top choice and I'll choose the ones I want. Then I'll choose from the ones that have me in their top 5. Then it's just a matter of choosing from the leftovers to pickup or shore up pipelines. Can't say much on point distribution because its all new this year but that's usually the blue print I follow.

gibo
07-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Yea I've had the same issue in another OD. Might be a custom pb issue. If you make changes to your cpb I probably wouldn't practice with it until the week is advanced. Anyway not sure if that helps but it seems to have worked for me.

ty Marlowe , it is happening when i practice outside the OD also, so I'm not sure what is happening. i will do some research on it! thanks for the info on recruiting, that is similar to the way i set up my board, i used heavy points on my highest overall rank players !

marcotte14
07-27-2013, 09:00 AM
I feel like something needs to be done with the sliders. As Lafayette, there is no way I should be 2-0, esp over Arkansas, and @#17 Kansas St. Though Im not complaing about my record, im concerned about the realism of the dynasty. After being down to K-State 14-0 quickly, I was pretty much able to do whatever I wanted to do on offense (scored 21 unanswered points) The cpu WR's dropped some passes that might have impacted the game a little, but their offensive play calling became terrible (running back to back screen plays multiple times) Although I am struggling passing the ball like other users seem to be, I could run the ball all game against them. They were averaging 13 yards per rushing attempt on me early and they just seemed to go away from it which I dont understand.

IMO, raise user/cpu acc to 10-15, raise cpu rushing D, and raise cpu WR catching. What do you guys think?

HANDSWARD
07-27-2013, 01:08 PM
I switched to these in my offline dynasty lasst night and played 3 games, all with good results. Changes from our current settings in Bold

QB Accuracy: 15/10
WR Catching: 40/45
RB Ability: 55/75
Pass Coverage: 60/60
Interception: 30/30
Rush Defense: 45/55

cdj
07-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Sliders adjusted to what Escobar posted above. The only difference may be INTs dropped 5 lower for both HUM/CPU. I'll double check before the next advance, but I agree with marcotte and others that some tweaks need made.

EDIT - HANDS posted that as I responded. Please post any thoughts on those and I can add them in before the advance tonight.

HANDSWARD
07-27-2013, 02:38 PM
My only concern area with the set I posted remains Pass Coverage and if it needs to go up further. I wanted to try a few games with a 75 or so rated QB and see how it played first though. My QB in my offline dynasty is a 95 Overall with 99 Accuracy and I had ~ 70% for 280 yards/gm and only 1 INT over the 3 games I played. If it is still fairly accurate with a poor QB then Coverage would probably be a good thing to turn up. INTs may need to go down if coverage goes up cause defensive players are still really good at catching with INT at 30.

I don't think there is anything that can be done about the terrible play calling of the AI. It is going to cause games here and there where the CPU doesn't put up realistic numbers. It has always seemed like the defensive plays the user is running has a very big effect on what they call. If you are calling blitzes all the time, they are going to call short passes and screens. If you are calling zones, they call routes down the field that find the holes or run the ball. If you call man to man, they will use misdirection plays or run with their QB. The game situation will get them to stray from these a bit towards the end of the game. But for the most part, what you call is gonna effect what they call.

Escobar
07-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Sliders adjusted to what Escobar posted above. The only difference may be INTs dropped 5 lower for both HUM/CPU. I'll double check before the next advance, but I agree with marcotte and others that some tweaks need made.

EDIT - HANDS posted that as I responded. Please post any thoughts on those and I can add them in before the advance tonight.

The set I posted at the end of the Week 1 thread has the updated ratings set that Charter is using. He raised Human WR Catching, lowered Human Run Blocking (which will address marcotte's issue. Raising cpu rushing d only makes them more aware of the run, not get off blocks), raised pass coverage for Human and CPU.

Escobar
07-27-2013, 02:50 PM
My only concern area with the set I posted remains Pass Coverage and if it needs to go up further. I wanted to try a few games with a 75 or so rated QB and see how it played first though. My QB in my offline dynasty is a 95 Overall with 99 Accuracy and I had ~ 70% for 280 yards/gm and only 1 INT over the 3 games I played. If it is still fairly accurate with a poor QB then Coverage would probably be a good thing to turn up. INTs may need to go down if coverage goes up cause defensive players are still really good at catching with INT at 30.

I think 10 is the highest QBA should go. If you go any higher the qb's will be too accurate and the only way that we will get realistic incompletions will be the game causing wr drops.

HANDSWARD
07-27-2013, 03:35 PM
I think 10 is the highest QBA should go. If you go any higher the qb's will be too accurate and the only way that we will get realistic incompletions will be the game causing wr drops.

I disagree. 10 and 5 introduce such a high level of randomness, it takes the fun out of playing.

Jwilli205
07-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Play ball

Xusemagru
07-27-2013, 08:20 PM
I disagree. 10 and 5 introduce such a high level of randomness, it takes the fun out of playing.

the way my passing has been i would tend to agree but cdj just went 28 for 35 in his game so it makes me think i am doing something wrong? I feel like i shouldnt be penalized for trying to zip a ball in there every now and then. the 10 yards off randomness that i was getting was frustrating. but to also make it realistic we shouldnt have a pass completion % of 70...i just dont know how we achieve that

HANDSWARD
07-29-2013, 05:17 PM
I got out of work early today for a doctor's appointment so I came home and did a bunch more testing on sliders. I'm getting some better results with a few more tweaks.

This is the set we updated to for this week:

QB Accuracy: 15/10
WR Catching: 40/45
Pass Coverage: 60/60
Interception: 30/30
Rush Defense: 45/55

I made these changes:

QB Accuracy: 15/5
Pass Blocking: 40/40
WR Catching: 40/40
Pass Coverage: 60/70
Interception: 45/45
Rush Defense: 40/55

I tested...
-1 game of equal good teams (Alabama vs Alabama)
-1 game of equal bad teams (UTEP vs UTEP)
-1 game of good vs bad (Alabama vs UTEP)
-1 game of bad vs good (UTEP vs Alabama)

The only issue I had was CPU Alabama threw for ~85% against UTEP, but I did manage to pick them off once. I don't know if this is an issue. I guess a powerhouse should throw all over a shit team. I only managed ~75% as Alabama vs CPU UTEP. I did beat them 56-3. And their QB was under 50%. I didn't want to turn the INTs up so high but as far as I can tell that slider has a huge effect on pass coverage. But Pass Coverage seems to do very little. I had it up at 100 for the CPU for a bit in practice mode when I was tweaking and saw no difference than what I saw at 70. With QB ACC at 15 for the user it isn't as pick crazy tho. Having a little control over leading WRs to a side can help prevent some of the INTs.

Thoughts?

Escobar
07-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Testing sliders in practice will give you vastly different results than testing them in gameplay.

HANDSWARD
07-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Testing sliders in practice will give you vastly different results than testing them in gameplay.

Hmmm, yea it seemed a little weird. I was just messing around with different things in practice first. The 4 games I mentioned were full games.

I've played 2 more and I am still a little concerned about QB Acc. I get where you are coming from on the 15 is too much for the user setting. I wish there wasn't such a drastic difference between 15 and 10. At 15, if I run my best pass plays only, I can complete ~85% with even teams. However, I don't just sit there and run my best pass plays over and over in a real game. I use most all of my playbook and try to not run the same exact play twice. Running everything, I am at ~60% with even teams. The last game I just played on 10. I only ran my best plays in the first half and was 11/16. I didn't run any of those plays in the second half and was 6/21. 17/37 for the game.

I also just tried 0 QB Acc for the CPU in that last game. It was rather comical.

JBHuskers
07-30-2013, 10:08 AM
It's only one game, but the gameplay seemed more wide open.

Deuce
07-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Hands, I'll start using your most recent sliders in my offline dynasty and let you know.

...I probably won't get any games in until this weekend.

Typed by thumbs.

gibo
07-30-2013, 10:47 PM
played game against Wake Forrest tonight ! Things that I noticed! No penalties that i recall, cpu pass defense was tough, couldn't seem to get any open WR open, run defense from cpu was very stingy! I saw a few overthrows by cpu, I had a couple! Just my two cents!

Escobar
08-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Charter has updated his sliders to these

Quarter Length: 8-10 minutes.

Threshold: 0

QB Accuracy: 5 or 10/5
WR Catching: 35/40
Run Blocking: 0/50
Pass Coverage: 65/75
Interception: 35/40
Rush Defense: 45/65

Special Teams

Penalties

Xusemagru
08-12-2013, 06:08 AM
wow 0 run blocking for the user?

Escobar
08-12-2013, 07:18 PM
There is still run blocking. It just affects how long they hold their blocks. But it played pretty well in my OD with Arizona vs. Arizona State. Ka'Deem Carey had 14 carries for 161yds and 3tds. You can still break big plays, but the coverage is tighter for both sides. Also the cpu breaks less tackles and your guys finally intercept passes that they should.

Xusemagru
08-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I just want my coverages to actually work! no matter if i play man or zone i get picked apart by every team in the passing game

HANDSWARD
08-12-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm trying the 0 rush D for the user right now and it seems like there is almost no difference than when I had it at 40. I'm not using that whole set tho. I'm using these:

QB Accuracy: 10/5
WR Catching: 35/35

HANDSWARD
08-12-2013, 10:41 PM
I just want my coverages to actually work! no matter if i play man or zone i get picked apart by every team in the passing game

You have to get pressure on the QB. It's the only way to stop the passing game. The secondary is stupid and there is no slider set that can fix them.

Xusemagru
08-13-2013, 09:45 AM
You have to get pressure on the QB. It's the only way to stop the passing game. The secondary is stupid and there is no slider set that can fix them.

How about qb accuracy though? If the user is getting penalized by using a 5 or 10 as a slider i am hoping the CPU doesnt have a better rating (no clue what the actual sliders we are using now are set to). if i have to suffer with errant passes then there is no reason they shouldnt suffer with me

Escobar
08-13-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm trying the 0 rush D for the user right now and it seems like there is almost no difference than when I had it at 40. I'm not using that whole set tho. I'm using these:

QB Accuracy: 10/5
WR Catching: 35/35

You should probably use the whole set. He determined through testing, that certain sliders work together in a combination. Rush defense only affects lb and secondary, so the opposing teams run blocking affects your d-line. Similar thing with QB Accuracy and WR Catching. And the same with Interceptions and Pass Coverage. Moving them in a certain combination got him better results in coverage and reacting to the ball. I got similar results in my Kentucky DC offline dynasty. My players reacted in coverage and actually went for swats and anticipated/adapted to receivers in zone coverage like they should.

Escobar
08-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Stats from me using the updated slider set in my OD Championship game. Arizona vs Texas (CPU).
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2045353637&postcount=956

marcotte14
01-01-2014, 11:24 AM
What do you guys think about increasing the Pass Blocking, WR catching, RB ability, Pass coverage, and Rush D for the CPU.

These are the Slider I use in my offline dynasty, and it is very challenging.

CPU/User

QBA - 50/10
PB - 65/10
WR Catching - 70/15
RB Ability - 90/20
Run Blocking - 90/5
Pass Coverage - 90/45
Int - 40/40
Rush Defense - 100/30
Tack - 90/45

These sliders are tough, but we are all pretty good players that I think we can handle some tweaking. If you dont read your blocks, you get stuffed. If you dont read the D and try to force stuff, it gets picked. Can be frustrating at times, but realistic. Thoughts?

cdj
01-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Bumping this to get thoughts on marcotte's sliders before we get to the offseason.

HANDSWARD
01-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm fine with trying to make defense harder. If you accomplish that by upping the CPU's slider values that is fine. I have had to resort to super simming the D after halftime the past few games. The other team will have negative yardage and it feels like super sim is the only way I will get them to put up some yards and points. If I play a team with equal or better talent, then there is more of a challenge. Alabama this season was almost impossible to stop (99 Off vs 89 Def) but it was mostly their run game (I lost to them on a last second TD, only loss since I have taken the Maryland job last season). Any team with a worse offense than my defense does nothing.

marcotte14
01-09-2014, 05:07 PM
I agree, I have found that the CPU Offense is really easy to stop and they have some terrible play calling, esp. in the 2nd half of games.

psusnoop
01-16-2014, 06:55 AM
I too like Hands have been simming my defense in the second half. It keeps thing interesting for the game.

Maybe we could make a few changes to toughen up the CPU since we are all at schools considerably better then when we started.

Escobar
01-19-2014, 12:58 PM
How about trying these now that we are with better teams.

Special Teams

Penalties

HANDSWARD
01-19-2014, 01:04 PM

:up:

marcotte14
01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
The cpu accuracy needs to go up. Anytime I get a little pressure they throw it away way too early, sometimes right after they snap the ball. Our RB Ability needs to go down and the cpu needs to go up. I can easily get 5 yards per carry with a simple dive play almost eveytime. Also increase the cpu rush defense to help with that as well.

Escobar
01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
CPU QB Accuracy has nothing to do with them throwing the ball away when you pressure them. That is the way the game is programmed. It is related to the Roughing the Passer Penalty. If you turn it up too high the QB will just take off scrambling immediately whether or not they are a scrambling qb. Lower it too much and they just stand in the pocket and take sacks.

cdj
02-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Special Teams

Penalties

Those are actually the exact sliders we have been using. :blush: When recommendations are made, I put in the consensus or best set recommended but don't announce the final set so people cannot get a pre-conceived notion of what will/might happen and then blame poor/odd performances on them.

Knowing this was/is the current set, what recommendations do people have?

FWIW, CPU QB Accuracy is set at 5.

How about:
- User RB Ability from 55 to 45
- CPU RB Ability from 75 to 80

marcotte14
02-06-2014, 06:27 PM
-User RB Ability dropped to 45 is good.
-CPU QB Accuracy up, maybe 30-35
-CPU RB ability 85-90
-CPU Run Blocking 85-90
-CPU Pass Coverage 85-90
-CPU Rush Defense 70-75

Just my opinion, In my experience, its pretty easy to run the ball against the CPU.

HANDSWARD
02-06-2014, 06:34 PM
-User RB Ability dropped to 45 is good.
-CPU QB Accuracy up, maybe 30-35
-CPU RB ability 85-90
-CPU Run Blocking 85-90
-CPU Pass Coverage 85-90
-CPU Rush Defense 70-75

Just my opinion, In my experience, its pretty easy to run the ball against the CPU.

I'm cool with changes in most of these areas. I don't think we need to go as drastic as some of these say but we can definitely up them.

The one suggestion here I have concern over is the CPU QB Acc. Anything over 10 and the CPU starts to complete 90+% of their passes considering the rest of our sliders. I messed around with them a lot at the beginning of the year and that is one thing I for sure figured out.

marcotte14
02-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm cool with changes in most of these areas. I don't think we need to go as drastic as some of these say but we can definitely up them.

The one suggestion here I have concern over is the CPU QB Acc. Anything over 10 and the CPU starts to complete 90+% of their passes considering the rest of our sliders. I messed around with them a lot at the beginning of the year and that is one thing I for sure figured out.

True, so maybe not 90, but def. these areas need to higher. We all just seem to have a decent amount of blowout games. Maybe if the CPU had the ball a little longer, we wouldn't score in the 40-50 range regularly.

Marlowe
02-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I made a few changes to the penalty sliders and it has definitely changed the way the game is playing with the sliders Escobar posted above which I believe is what we are currently using.

The changes I made were to drop User slider for RB ability to 45 (I was averaging about 4.4 with the RB ability at 55. I tested them at 45 and the run was better defended but was still racking up yards with the read option. The other change I made was to Kick off power by dropping it to 25...power kickers can still kick it out of the endzone at that low a setting.

Dropped the RBA for CPU to 65 because there were too many broken tackles at 75. If that is what people want we can leave it as is. Good RBs will be tough to bring down. Just played a game against Florida and Matt Jones was killing me with the run. He finished with 24 att and 136 yds rushing. Avg was 5.6 yds per carry. :up:

The one gameplay setting I changed was raising the speed threshold to 30. I had a few large runs by the CPU where I wasn't able to catch them from behind. Good angles to the runner are a must. We can leave it as is or change.

You can also change CPU QBA from 5 to 10 for more of a challenge though it seems like they were completing way too many passes at 10. With User QBA at 5 I was overthrowing alot of passes due to my QB's accuracy being low. Went 13 of 25 for 225 yds and 52% completion, 2 sacks and 3 INTs.

QB tendency definitely comes into play with these changes as Pocket Passers will throw the ball away if they sense pressure and Scrambling QBs will take off on you. We can tweak this one if necessary. I found that I ended up with more sacks against scramblers due to the fact they would take off towards the edge of the line and get sacked by a DE coming off a block. Ended up with six sacks against Florida. Still it makes you account for the QB on D. Also makes coverage tighter so it doesn't break down quite as much as when it is at a lower setting.

Anyway, just my .02.

Penalties

Offside: 99
Holding: 99
Face Mask: 54
OPI: 60
DPI: 25
KR/PR Inter: 48
Clipping: 50
RTP: 50
RTK: 1

Joker1170
02-07-2014, 08:08 PM
So i looking around and found this guys opinion on how sliders control different aspects of the game I would like your feed back since we are discussing sliders......

" Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game
After 4 hours of testing in dynasty, the roughing the kicker slider dictates ease of rushing for user and CPU by affecting the angles and response time to ball carriers. The only way to really prove it is for you to take whatever setting u have and put it to 50 then play normally and see if u don't have much greater rushing yardage and YAC for that game. I was averaging 130 yards per game and just had 3 in a row with 200+ against top 25 teams playing as Uconn.

Just thought I'd share

Settings were AA 50 thresh normal speed
Run block 50
Run def 50
Run ability 50
Tackle 30
User and CPU same

Point is for anyone looking to tweak their running game easier or harder, 50 RTK=easy and 100=hard

According to kblovers testing it controls defensive aggresiveness."

Based on my observations - not claiming it's absolute, but it's what I've seen with a few examples on some of them to illustrate:

Offsides
Higher - Increases block shedding and acceleration/explosiveness at the snap (think of how some defenders try to 'guess' the snap - they are exploding off the line right at or just before the snap). This highlights "those who can't" i.e. the ones who are slower off the ball and are weaker at getting off blocks.

Lower - Causes the defenders to hold back more. They don't explode as much off the line (though high ACC defenders still DO come off the line). This highlights "those who can", the guys who can get off the ball, get off blocks, etc.

False Start

Basically like Offsides, but for Offensive Linemen/blockers on the play. Same thinking can be used - they are trying to 'cheat' and get a head start on their kick steps, blocking stance, pulling, etc

Holding

Higher: Increases duration of blocking engagements and success rate of defenders maintaining the block when a shed attempt is made (this is what sometimes triggers the holding animations and the penalty). This aids "those who can't", i.e. the guys who struggle in making and holding blocks - this helps them succeed at the cost of maybe triggering more penalties. This also causes those who ARE good to cause more penalties because some successes will be considered "illegal".

Lower: Decreases duration of blocking engagements and makes it more likely that defenders will shed blocks. This also decreases the number of holding animations (because the blocker will outright fail more often) and lowers penalty call possibilities. This highlights "both", the guys who can block and pancake and do all that good stuff without creating more mistakes. It also exposes the scrubs because they'll get no "help" and just suck.

This creates a frustrating trade off. If you want calls and those who suck to make penalties, you also have to give the good guys more likelihood to have "bad calls" against them. While that does happen - usually it's the guys who get beat, have bad awareness/technique, and have to "compensate" that tend to draw more flags.

Face Mask

Higher: May increase the "violence" of hits and the success/incidence of hit stick/Big Hitter tackles. Also increases the occurrence of the facemask animations and penalty call likelihood resulting. This may make most guys into hard hitters, regardless of POW.

Lower: May decrease the number big hits and decreases the number of facemask animations and calls. This may highlight POW more, even if they are "Big Hitter: Yes" players.

Defensive Pass Interference

Higher: Decreases the aggressiveness of the pass coverage. Think of it as the defender is worried about triggering a DPI call, so he plays back more and more conservatively. This is probably why we don't see more DPI with it up high.

Lower: Increases the aggressiveness of the pass coverage. The defender isn't worried about the penalty call and is going to make the most aggressive play he can. While this sounds like it always favors the defense, it can burn the defense if the defender is aggressive and/or has low AWR/PRC/MCV/ZCV.

Interesting thing here is that I think lower DPI is overall more help. Defenders tend not to have a lot of ball awareness - until an interception is "rolled up" (you can almost see it, the defender will take coverage/route to the ball with a different animation, etc). This doesn't create more of that animation (INT slider), but it lets more "free form" aggression to play out i.e. "I see the ball and I'm gonna swat it/pick it/attack that pass." I think lower plays out both the "Plays the Ball" trait and the AWR/PRC/MCV/ZCV of the defender better.

Offensive Pass Interference

Higher: The receivers run their routes more passively. Similar logic as above for DPI - the player is concerned about triggering OPI so there's "physicality" in the route running. This might also impact press coverage as well. If the WR are less physical in their routes and ball reactions, it would follow that press should last longer. Higher tends to emphasize "those who can" i.e. the guys who can run sharp routes, beat press coverage, make the special catch, hold on in traffic.

Lower: The receivers run their routes with aggression and physically. They worry less about OPI calls and will do what it takes to get the ball. They are more willing to play like Michael Irvin or other physical WRs. It follows that they'll also tend to go aggressively after passes and may beat press coverage more.

Depending on what you want - you can go either way here. If you want to make route running and ball skills more valuable, a higher setting works well (and I consider 50 "high" here - above that and it seems like you start killingeveryone's ability a bit much), if you want to make the scrubs instead of the higher end players stand out (i.e. you feel that just about every NFL player can run a decent or better route), a lower setting does that job well, imo.

Punt Catch Interference

Higher: All out, go get 'em, get that ball carrier, see that ball, close on it in the air, get there and make the tackle, smack that receiver and tackle that completion for no YAC. That's what higher tends to do. Defenders will see the ball, close on it's location and rally to tackle whoever ends up with it.

Lower: Defenders tend to play a little more cautiously. They want to "read" (such that it is in this game) more and wait until the play is a little closer to them to respond. Seem to worry more about being caught out of position than to anticipate what might happen next.

Creates another interesting trade-off. Deception may well work better on higher, though it might also create more of what some consider "psychic" play by the pursuit when the play is not deceptive*/defender is not fooled, etc. Lower, you might get guys not responding to what's in front of them sometimes, but they may be less pulled out of position because they aren't trying to shag anything that moves and do less "freelancing". So which is "right" - both. Depends on the kind of defense you want to emulate, disciplined, conservative, but sometimes too much so, or aggressive, attacking...but sometimes too much so. Each has strengths and weaknesses. I've used 0 and 100 - both extremes and anything in between can work.

For example, I have this on 100 and saw Rolando McClain abandon his zone because he thought Freeman was about to scramble into open space. Freeman saw that and hit his TE who beat the man coverage...right where McClain was...and I've done similar to the CPU.

*by deceptive, I don't mean just read options and PA. I mean reverses, counters, draws, incorrect committing (you do pass commit, CPU does shotgun draw), or a player making a mistake and recovering (he fooled himself, was fooled initially on a double move route, etc)

Clipping

Higher: Back to worrying about penalties - players are less inclined to make certain down field/open field blocks (perhaps it's the angle of the would be contact - and if it would cause clipping, the player doesn't do the block). Similar to holding, this may cause more mistakes from those who do often block down field (high IBL players?) or cause more otherwise legit blocks to animate and be called as clipping.

Lower: Players are more apt to just hit a defender. See defender, hit defender. See defender, block defender. Defender trying to get down field to cover kick/punt, chase defender hoping for a chance to hit defender. Good down field blockers won't get called as much on lower settings, but it might make poorer down field blockers more successful because they'll block more, and less likely to get called if they DO make a bad block.

Intentional Grounding

This might be my favorite one.

Higher: QB gets worried about pressure more. "Clock in his head" ticks faster, he thinks "I need to get rid of this ball. I NEED to get rid of this ball. ****! WHERE CAN I THROW THIS ******** BALL?!?!?!?!?!11!!!" And more often will tend to throw it away. "Shoot, I ain't tryin' to die for a football game."

Lower: QB doesn't want to abandon a play. Always wants to make something happen. It's the Ben Rothlisberger setting. QB thinks "I'm gonna find someone open. Just wait, someone will open up. They getting close, but I got time, someone will open up." Then when the pressure gets there:

QB will either force the ball, take the nearest open receiver, start to scramble, throw it away, manuever around until feeling safe, then repeat the above "Lower:" process - Josh Freeman did this to me in that game I just played - he moved around, didn't run, found someone open and hit him. His "Force Passes" is Ideal...

You can do so much with this slider because it also seems to determine when the above scenarios happen. Lower makes fewer "no one open, throw it away" situations - so coverage droops a bit. Higher can create more of those "throw it away" - Coverage might improve some. Lower makes the QB more patient. If everyone is covered 3 seconds into the play, he's more likely to keep looking. Higher makes the QB give up more - everyone covered in 1.5 seconds - screw it, throw it away.

This slider can help make the QB traits show up more. The value will depend on your other settings and what not, but I think lower will make the Force Passes trait really show out (especially if you have good coverage). Higher might make Sense Pressure show up (you might see the patient QBs do better than the Paranoid). What I'm still trying to figure out is which shows more degrading in play due to sacks/hits, and more impact on the User QB.

Roughing the Passer

Higher: In addition to creating more roughing the passer calls (almost literally, high enough and the QBs will take a dive to try to draw a flag even when grazed). Defenders will also understand it's two-hand touch on the QB and pull up more and be less aggressive getting to the QB.

Lower: All bets are off. QB is a football player and we'll treat him like one. Refs look the other way on MOST late hits on the QB (you can still get some roughing QB penalties). Best of all, the pass rush will get more determined and fierce, and when in trouble, QBs better think fast.

Lower seemed to get my pass rushing going. Guys like Von Miller really get after me when they are blitzing and if a DL gets free, they don't hesitate to go after the QB. I make sure I have to either roll out or check it down even before it might actually open up (anticipate the pressure, which creates chances for me to be deceived). For the CPU, it can help stop the throw-it-deep always type thing, forcing the CPU to check down or to use intermediate throws more.

The downside is that I can't draw as many flags as a scrambling QB throwing just before I'm hit. That was one of Terrelle Pryor's best attributes, er...I mean...

Roughing the Kicker

Higher: For whatever reason that only deities and whoever programmed this game knows, this seems to impact overall pursuit in all phases and activities in the game, decreasing it because...I don't know. It impacts more than just kicking situations. Perhaps it's a proxy for all late hit type penalties, like if you hit stick someone near the boundary. I actually got called for that recently.

Lower: Players don't care. They'll just go and hit and try to make tackles and such. Though, I haven't seen the CPU get called for a late hit like I did, but I know they've tried it. Just in the game I just finished, the CPU corner drove Denarius Moore into the ground about 5 yards out of bounds. Maybe this is why I saw a defender plant Robert Griffin III into ground...on a kneel down...WAY after the play...with no flag.

marcotte14
02-08-2014, 09:03 AM
A lot of great points maybe we should take some of these into consideration.

Anything to make the computer a little more competitive.

marcotte14
04-05-2014, 08:21 AM
A lot of great points in Jokers article. If we lower intentional grounding, maybe the cpu QB wont throw the ball away as soon as its snapped?

Our teams are getting pretty good, so maybe we should look at some things to make the cpu more competitive.

My opinion
Increase - cpu wr catching,cpu run blocking, cpu pass cov, cpu rush D.
Decrease - user rb ability (maybe to 35-40), user rush D (maybe 35-40)

cdj
04-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Keep the feedback coming! Thanks for the feedback, marcotte.

Joker1170
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Hey I think we should look into make some recruiting restrictions to make the dyn a little more challenging. Here is my suggestions.............................

*Can only recruit and sign max of 5 players that are 4 star or higher
* Can only recruit 1 player nationally (all other recruits must be from a conference state, in my case SEC)
* Must cut any player recruited/assigned to your team by the CPU (for some bewildering reason, the CPU will add 1 to 3 players to my class, even though I've got recruiting assistance off.
* Only 1 redshirts per season and only allow 1 attempt per offseason to try to persuade a player to stay (when they declare or want to transfer)
* Only sign up to 70 players and not cut anyone that you signed.
* Cut all of the "phantom" recruits that the AI signs for you anyway. (even with all recruiting assists turned off) The game usually tries to get you as close to 25 signings as it can, so I've seen as many as 10 extra guys signed for me before and with 6* Michigan, some of these guys are really, really good (but not usually).

* Using the slowest progression rate so even though I'm in year 22 of my dynasty, I'm still only a level 31 coach (54 is max). (THIS ONE IS MAJOR TOO ME)
* Recruiting tree restrictions:
-You can only put 2 points into the following skills
• Royal Treatment
• Opener
• Closer
• Kitchen Sink (have to spend 3 points to get 20 point requirement. CANNOT SPEND MORE THAN 600 PER RECRUIT)
• Insta-commit (With these restrictions there are guys that you have to fight tooth and nail for as well as guys that you simply cannot sign, even as 6* Michigan. If I was allowed 3 points in royal treatment and kitchen sink, I could sign not only ANY recruit I wanted, but also EVERY recruit you want before the offseason, I know this from experience).
* When adding recruits during the season(not the preseason), I can only add someone that has me in his top 10 already. It WAAAAAAAAAAY too easy to find superstars midway through the season that have no one pursuing them. By requiring them to have me in their top 10, it really, really cuts down on the cheesy signings you can otherwise get.

* No more than 20% of a class can be ATHs.

HANDSWARD
04-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm against any recruiting restrictions. I have spent all my progression on recruiting and I feel it is a big part of the mode. I enjoy recruiting and scouting and trying to find the best players. To put restrictions on it seem like the equivalent of saying "you must lose at least 2 CPU games a year on purpose".

marcotte14
04-06-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm against any recruiting restrictions. I have spent all my progression on recruiting and I feel it is a big part of the mode. I enjoy recruiting and scouting and trying to find the best players. To put restrictions on it seem like the equivalent of saying "you must lose at least 2 CPU games a year on purpose".

I agree with Hands, I think we should focus on how to make the cpu more competitive without making it unrealistic.

Matt10156
07-15-2014, 05:35 PM
What are your guys sliders

JBHuskers
07-16-2014, 09:05 AM
What are your guys sliders

Read the above posts, there are the base sliders and adjustments from there.

marcotte14
09-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Since are teams are pretty good, I want to suggest some slider modification.

Increase:
cpu pass block
cpu RB ability
cpu tackling

Decrease:
user run blocking
user pass blocking
user RB ability
user Rush def
user Tackling

These are just my suggestions, as it seems like most of us are just consistently blowing out the cpu.

HANDSWARD
09-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Since are teams are pretty good, I want to suggest some slider modification.

Increase:
cpu pass block
cpu RB ability
cpu tackling

Decrease:
user run blocking
user pass blocking
user RB ability
user Rush def
user Tackling

These are just my suggestions, as it seems like most of us are just consistently blowing out the cpu.

I would agree on making running the ball on offense much, much harder. It has always been way too easy.

Defensively, unless I have a team way outmatched, I struggle to stop teams. Especially tackling guys. It seems like the CPU just sheds tacklers like it is going out of style. I have to resort to rushing 7 or 8 guys to have a chance at stopping the run. So CPU RB ability going up along with User tackling going down, that scares the shit out of me.

psusnoop
09-09-2014, 10:19 PM
I would agree on making running the ball on offense much, much harder. It has always been way too easy.

Defensively, unless I have a team way outmatched, I struggle to stop teams. Especially tackling guys. It seems like the CPU just sheds tacklers like it is going out of style. I have to resort to rushing 7 or 8 guys to have a chance at stopping the run. So CPU RB ability going up along with User tackling going down, that scares the shit out of me.

I wouldn't mind the CPU RB Ability up 5 but then I'd leave tackling even. That or jump ability 10 and then go up 5 on tackling. Just to give the CPU a little better moves and decision making while keeping our tackling at least at par for where it's been.

I would like to see passing just a tic harder for USER as well.

marcotte14
09-10-2014, 04:47 PM

I agree that's why I wanted to increase the cpu tackling and decrease user rb ability. Maybe even increase/decrease 5 points for the sliders I stated above. I agree with snoop as well. To make user pass harder, maybe increase cpu pass coverage?

marcotte14
12-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Can we agree on increasing CPU pass coverage, run/pass blocking, and RB ability?

marcotte14
03-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Can we agree on increasing CPU pass coverage, run/pass blocking, and RB ability?

JBHuskers
03-22-2015, 05:49 PM
As long as we incrementally increase user QB accuracy. A 99 OVR QB shouldn't miss a throw of a wide open WR by 20 feet multiple times in a game.

Joker1170
05-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Hi guys, Just wanted to say what's up. I miss being in the dynasty, glad to see you have keep it going hope your Memorial day is a safe and great one.