PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kwizzy
05-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Anyone seen Iron Man 2 yet? What'd you think? I'm about to go see it here in a little bit & thought I'd check & see what everyone thought.

gschwendt
05-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Going to watch it this weekend. The consensus from that I've read is that it's not better than Ironman 1 but it is good in it's own right.

Kwizzy
05-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, that's about what I expect. The first one completely surprised me by having a good plot & whatnot. I just hope it is entertaining.

Rudy
05-12-2010, 05:34 PM
My brother was disappointed with Iron Man 2. He felt it was simply too slow and didn't have enough action for a movie that's supposed to be an action flick. I couldn't wait to see the first one but I may wait to go see it (with two kids that means getting a baby sitter) or just rent it later on.

Rudy
05-12-2010, 05:35 PM
For all those that have kids, How to Train Your Dragon was a great movie. It was one of the best CGI kids movies I've seen. It didn't have a lot of humour but the story was great.

Kwizzy
05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
So here's my 2 cents: Pretty damn entertaining if you ask me... Decent storyline & good action scenes. Worth my money anyway!

cdj
05-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Saw Iron Man 2 tonight. Solid and surpassed the expectations I had going in, but man oh man did they hammer us over the head (no pun intended) on the Avengers movie they will be making next.

JeffHCross
05-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Cannot. wait. for. Avengers.

Sinister
05-18-2010, 03:43 PM
i liked ironman 2, but thought the end fight went to quick. i would have liked to see more out of the last fight seen

Rudy
05-18-2010, 08:22 PM
As much as I liked Iron Man 1 I thought it could have used a better bad guy and more action scenes. I actually liked the Hulk with Ed Norton Jr. a bit better than Iron Man 1. Anyone else love that Hulk?

Sinister
05-19-2010, 09:02 AM
As much as I liked Iron Man 1 I thought it could have used a better bad guy and more action scenes. I actually liked the Hulk with Ed Norton Jr. a bit better than Iron Man 1. Anyone else love that Hulk?

yea I liked that hulk I like how they build upon the growth of hulk moving from green to grey hulk. Hulk is my favorite marvel hero. He doesn't get much props in the comic world, but he had his own little stint in the 90's .

BlindRedBaron
05-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Definitely liked the Hulk with Edward Norton, and I don't think it got enough play...

I saw Iron Man 2 last weekend and I was a little disappointed. Sure, it entertained with action and a little with story, but it kind of felt bland to me. You won't be upset if you went to go see it, but it doesn't have the same level of entertainment value as the first one. Characters are under-developed, lines are cliche', and the action is just "meh" at moments.

cdj
06-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Are there any decent movies coming out in the next few weeks (or have come out recently)? Besides Sex and the City 2, of course. ;) It sure doesn't seem like it to me, but my movie viewing has decreased in the last few years.

skipwondah33
06-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Are there any decent movies coming out in the next few weeks (or have come out recently)? Besides Sex and the City 2, of course. ;) It sure doesn't seem like it to me, but my movie viewing has decreased in the last few years.

I'm the same, I honestly can't tell you the last movie I've seen. I'm sure it wasn't that long ago but I can't remember. It may have been The Hangover.

morsdraconis
06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Seriously, I think A-Team might actually not be bad. I know, it's probably going to be another horrible 80s remake, but it looks like the director might actually know what he's doing with it. Plus, something similar to A-Team (S.W.A.T.), did really well with the remake so in the right hands, it could be pretty good.

After that, I'm REALLY looking forward to The Last Airbender (PLEASE M.Night, don't ruin that AMAZING cartoon) and then it's just Inception (still not entirely sure on this one but it's Nolan so it's probably going to be amazing) and then Predators (been excited for that one for a while) though Predators has me worried because the director hasn't done anything besides Armored which was horribly cliched and boring but we'll see.

Unfortunately, besides a possible fun movie in A-Team, there isn't anything worth a damn at all coming out afterward.

skipwondah33
06-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Damn Mors didn't know you were in Charleston. I'm from Dunbar, lived there up until 11th grade then moved to Maryland, then back after HS. Came back to Md in 2003 and been living here ever since. Just about all of my family sill lives there though. Last time I was in was for my cousin's funeral in March.

morsdraconis
06-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Damn Mors didn't know you were in Charleston. I'm from Dunbar, lived there up until 11th grade then moved to Maryland, then back after HS. Came back to Md in 2003 and been living here ever since. Just about all of my family sill lives there though. Last time I was in was for my cousin's funeral in March.

Sorry to hear about you Cousin.

But yeah, I lived in Dunbar myself from about 2003 until 2009 and I've lived in Charleston or the surrounding area my entire life. Most of my family lives around in WV as well.

You go to school at Dunbar Junior and South Charleston High?

I went to Sissonville (what a HORRIBLE school that was) Junior and High and Bonham Elementary (another terrible fuckin' school).

Kev5890
06-02-2010, 09:56 PM
I just wanted to jump here and tell everyone that "Kick-Ass" is amazing...Action is great and it is actually pretty funny throughout the film.

cdj
06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
I just wanted to jump here and tell everyone that "Kick-Ass" is amazing...Action is great and it is actually pretty funny throughout the film.

Oh yeah, that was very entertaining. Forgot about that one.

A-Team looks like it could be entertaining, but I'll wait and see it at least a few weeks after release so I don't have to hear all the girls squeal over a shirtless Bradley Cooper. :o

JBHuskers
06-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Oh yeah, that was very entertaining. Forgot about that one.

A-Team looks like it could be entertaining, but I'll wait and see it at least a few weeks after release so I don't have to hear all the girls squeal over a shirtless Bradley Cooper. :o

Or you just want to be the only one in the theater to be squealing if you wait a few weeks?

cdj
06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Or you just want to be the only one in the theater to be squealing if you wait a few weeks?

Well, there's always that too. :popcorn:

Flav
06-04-2010, 08:27 PM
The Blindside 6/5 :)

skipwondah33
06-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah not sure if you heard about it, but it happend in South Charleston, died in a car fire off Mountain Road.

Yep went to Dunbar and SC..

Haha yeah Sissonville use to be rough to play at. I went to AJ middle school very briefly and we played them.

gschwendt
06-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Get Him to the Greek... meh. It had plenty of funny moments but it wasn't a funny movie if that makes sense. For one thing, it was 2 hours long which is entirely too long for a comedy, especially when there were scenes which made little to no sense in them being in there. I really think they could have made this a better movie by doing it more in a style of Spinal Tap as a mockumentary.

Where have all the good movies gone?

morsdraconis
06-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Haha yeah Sissonville use to be rough to play at. I went to AJ middle school very briefly and we played them.

Sissonville (Junior or High) hasn't had a good football team at all since like 1999 or some shit. Junior was decent at around 1999 as well, but it never produced anything in high school.

Can't say I did hear about your cousin but I don't watch the news or anything so it's no doubt that I missed it.

But, anyway, I haven't really watched any movies lately (definitely haven't went to see any in the theater) but I just watched Goodfellas over again (for like the 4th or 5th time now) and I just can't get over how much of a masterpiece that movie is. I miss good gangster movies like that (hasn't been a decent one since Snatch except for Eastern Promises and neither are really gangster movies) and you definitely cannot go wrong with De Niro, Pesci, and Liotta. Three badasses they most certainly are.

gschwendt
06-06-2010, 12:41 AM
But, anyway, I haven't really watched any movies lately (definitely haven't went to see any in the theater) but I just watched Goodfellas over again (for like the 4th or 5th time now) and I just can't get over how much of a masterpiece that movie is. I miss good gangster movies like that (hasn't been a decent one since Snatch except for Eastern Promises and neither are really gangster movies) and you definitely cannot go wrong with De Niro, Pesci, and Liotta. Three badasses they most certainly are.
Have you seen The Departed... sounds like it would definitely be up your alley.

morsdraconis
06-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Have you seen The Departed... sounds like it would definitely be up your alley.

Oh yeah! I forgot about The Departed. I'm gonna have to watch that one again, even though I really dislike Decrapio's horrible Bostonian accent.

Rudy
06-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Took the family to see Toy Story 3. Just saw it in 2D since 3D would probably freak out my 3 and 5 year old kids during the scary scenes. It was a great movie. Part of me still thinks How to Train Your Dragon was better but I thought that movie was one of the best family CGI movies I've ever seen.

Deuce
06-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Took the family to see Toy Story 3. Just saw it in 2D since 3D would probably freak out my 3 and 5 year old kids during the scary scenes. It was a great movie. Part of me still thinks How to Train Your Dragon was better but I thought that movie was one of the best family CGI movies I've ever seen.

I agree, those are two of the best movies I've seen for a while...CGI or not

oweb26
06-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Haha wrong thread

UGA14
06-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Here's to Charleston, I was born in Mt. Pleasant at East Cooper.

As far as movies... I'm looking forward to Knight and Day, I think I'll go see that. I haven't seen a movie at theaters since Blindside. I want to see Green Zone too on DVD tomorrow.

gschwendt
06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Just saw Knight and Day tonight... it was ok. There were parts that were good and were really well done, then there were parts that just seemed forced and detracted from the movie. It was about like Mission Impossible meets the humor/action from Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

morsdraconis
06-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Just saw Knight and Day tonight... it was ok. There were parts that were good and were really well done, then there were parts that just seemed forced and detracted from the movie. It was about like Mission Impossible meets the humor/action from Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Yeah. I kinda figured it wasn't going to be very good. Looked like one of those movies where if you saw a few of the different trailers, you probably don't need to watch the movie.

souljahbill
07-03-2010, 07:30 AM
The new Karate Kid movie with Jackie Chan and little Will Smith is really good. I'm serious. I liked it more then 1, 3, and WAAAAAAAAAAY more then Next. It's even with 2 in my book for my favorite in the series.

I OU a Beatn
07-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Rented and watched The Crazyies last night. It was a pretty good movie, but whoever said it was "scary as Hell" is on crack...it wasn't scary at all! Since when are hack 'n' slash movies scary? Nonetheless, it was still good. The plot was ruined for me early on because of how predictable it was, and the ending just made room for a sequel, but it was entertaining.

oweb26
07-03-2010, 08:23 AM
The new Karate Kid movie with Jackie Chan and little Will Smith is really good. I'm serious. I liked it more then 1, 3, and WAAAAAAAAAAY more then Next. It's even with 2 in my book for my favorite in the series.

Really?? you like it more than 1? It was basically the exact same as part 1 just with different actors, and instead of the serious moments it was "funny". I did like it but when you look at it it was the same movie.

Rented and watched The Crazyies last night. It was a pretty good movie, but whoever said it was "scary as Hell" is on crack...it wasn't scary at all! Since when are hack 'n' slash movies scary? Nonetheless, it was still good. The plot was ruined for me early on because of how predictable it was, and the ending just made room for a sequel, but it was entertaining.

Yeah crazies was just funny to me, I wouldnt have enjoyed it in theaters but as a home movie it was pretty decent.
I was intrigued how the guy didn't go crazy after he stabbed the chick in the throat with his open wound isn't that like blood infusion or some shit. Wasn't the entire thing viral because it got into the water?

I OU a Beatn
07-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm 99% sure both he and his wife are infected at the end of the movie. The dude would've gotten it when he stabbed the lady in the throat because of getting her blood in his open wound. His wife has it because she made out with her husband after the incident and then drank the water, so she almost has to have it. I think that's why they showed the military scanner picking them up once they reach Cedar Rapids. At least, that's what I got from it. One thing is for sure, though, and that is it's definitely getting a sequel.

souljahbill
07-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Really?? you like it more than 1? It was basically the exact same as part 1 just with different actors, and instead of the serious moments it was "funny". I did like it but when you look at it it was the same movie.

I was never crazy over the original. Karate Kid II easily is my favorite from the original series. I did like 1 a lot more then 3 though. To address your question, even if the new version and the original were the same, story-wise (and to be honest, all 3 are basically the same story-wise), I feel the new version is superior to the original.

Rudy
07-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I was never crazy over the original. Karate Kid II easily is my favorite from the original series.

Blasphemy!

souljahbill
07-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Blasphemy!

Yeah. I'm not saying the first one wasn't good. I just didn't love it. It was what it was. Part II, on the other hand, I did love. That's how I feel about the remake.

morsdraconis
07-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I'd like to know why they decided to make all of the kids in the movie 12ish. The first one took place in high school (15 or 16ish). Having a "love" interest at 12 is retarded.

gschwendt
07-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Dinner for Schmucks was better than expected. I had really low expectations but came out of it with a lot of laughs, though I think it's the type of movie that's most enjoyable with a crowded theater. Not an all-time classic but certainly one of the funnier movies in the past year (ie since Hangover).

gschwendt
08-07-2010, 12:28 AM
The Other Guys... Ferrell & Wahlberg worked well together. Definitely Ferrell's best movie in a while. Better than Dinner For Schmucks but both were extremely silly but entertaining nonetheless.

cdj
08-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Finally watched Hot Tub Time Machine this week. One of the funnier movies I've seen in a while, but not a classic or one I'd watch very often.

I've already seen in theaters, but will probably watch Kick-Ass this week. I wonder if it holds up seeing it again.

JBHuskers
10-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Just saw The Social Network last night. Probably my favorite movie of the year so far. It was really well done how they intertwined everything in the whole story of the creation and controversy.

Rudy
10-22-2010, 05:07 PM
My wife wants to see that but as someone that's not even on Facebook I really don't care about seeing it.

JeffHCross
10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
My wife wants to see that but as someone that's not even on Facebook I really don't care about seeing it.I've heard from several people that it is by no means a movie "for Facebook members". It's just a great movie that centers around Facebook. It's more of a social commentary, for lack of a more immediate description, than anything else.

I know I'm going to see it one of these days (though probably not until it's on DVD) since Aaron Sorkin wrote it. Amazing, amazing writer -- I'll watch practically anything he does.

JBHuskers
10-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Going to Jackass 3D tonight....first time I've been to a 3D movie :D

morsdraconis
10-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Going to Jackass 3D tonight....first time I've been to a 3D movie :D

Wow really? Man, you missed probably the best 3D movie ever in Avatar. Everything else is just upscaling and post-processing shit. Not actually 3D.

The only other movie that I've seen that did 3D truly well was How To Train Your Dragon and how it's flying sequences made you feel like you were actually flying as well.

That said, the movie is supposedly hilarious but, at the same time, the 3D is so superfluous it's distracting.

JeffHCross
10-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Wow really? Man, you missed probably the best 3D movie ever in Avatar. Everything else is just upscaling and post-processing shit. Not actually 3D.Actually, Jackass was actually filmed in 3D. So ... yeah.

morsdraconis
10-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Actually, Jackass was actually filmed in 3D. So ... yeah.

No shit? Really? Those guys must really have more money than they know what to do with then...

Rudy
10-24-2010, 06:25 AM
I didn't think Avatar was that impressive in 3D. They had a couple scenes of true 3D from what I remember - the most impressive was when they took the army guys out of stasis when they arrived on the planet. They pulled the one guy's pod out and it looked really cool. Everything else is the new 3D which isn't really 3D. It's 2.5D where you can just see some depth perception and that's what the majority of the movie was. That movie was OK and the story was really cheesy at times with the military people. If it wasn't in 3D it would have struggled to make $100 million. It's just the media buzz over the first 3D movie out there caused everyone to go see it. If Avatar was released next year when 3D wasn't such a catch phrase it wouldn't have been nearly as successful.

JeffHCross
10-24-2010, 10:24 AM
No shit? Really? Those guys must really have more money than they know what to do with then...It was the director's idea and Paramount green lit it after seeing some 3D test footage.

EDIT: On another note, I'm pretty sure I still haven't been back to the theatre since this thread was started.

JBHuskers
10-24-2010, 12:55 PM
No shit? Really? Those guys must really have more money than they know what to do with then...

Jackass 3D cost $16 million to make, and got $50M the first weekend. I had absolutely no desire to see Avatar, and still don't.

gschwendt
12-17-2010, 10:06 PM
The Fighter was good... certainly a movie worth seeing. [3star]

morsdraconis
12-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Tron 3D sucked monkey balls on all accounts. God damn it I hate 3D movies. They're so headache inducing...

cdj
12-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Tron 3D sucked monkey balls on all accounts. God damn it I hate 3D movies. They're so headache inducing...

Really? I had some interest in seeing it, but that's fading now. On Metacritic, I see that the game (60) has a higher meta than the movie (49). :smh:

morsdraconis
12-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Really? I had some interest in seeing it, but that's fading now. On Metacritic, I see that the game (60) has a higher meta than the movie (49). :smh:

Yeah. Even the intense visuals can't make up for the fact that the story is absolute garbage and really the movie is like 30 minutes too long (there are several stand around and just look at stuff sections that should have been cut).

Not only that, but it's a waste of 3D. There are barely ANY 3D moments in the movie (I know this because I regularly have to remove the glasses and give my eyes a rest because of the utter discomfort that I experience during 3D movies normally and I watched half the movie without them on and probably only missed a few instances of 3D and then it was only certain parts of the scene and not the entire thing).

oweb26
12-23-2010, 11:49 PM
True Grit was a pretty good movie, actually I really enjoyed it. I will say though there are a couple of things that you must know going into the movie.

You have to like westerns, this is a western through and through, so dont expect anything different or I should say dont expect just a western back drop.
They are talking in the old cowboy dialect or something so you must really listen.

I thought it was one of the best westerns I have ever seen to be honest and I have seen a shit ton of them. Is it better than the duke's version, in a sense I think so, really hard to compare the two. I have never read the book so I cant comment on that aspect.

JBHuskers
12-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Looks like The Social Network is out on Blu Ray 1/11 ... probably will get it right away cuz I wanna see it again.

JeffHCross
12-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Was really disappointed that it didn't get release before the holidays.

JBHuskers
01-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Just saw the King of Kong documentary on the quest for breaking the world record of Donkey Kong....loved it. Was pretty cool.

morsdraconis
01-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Just saw the King of Kong documentary on the quest for breaking the world record of Donkey Kong....loved it. Was pretty cool.

Yeah man. A GREAT documentary for video gamers.

Another one for people that remember them is Get Lamp about the old Apple II game Adventure and MUDS in general. Another REALLY great documentary about video games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwZxUGmqSOo

cdj
01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
I saw Burn After Reading last week.....terrible. If it's ever on TV or you want to Netflix it, don't.

gschwendt
01-08-2011, 01:07 AM
I saw Burn After Reading last week.....terrible. If it's ever on TV or you want to Netflix it, don't.
I know most hate it but I actually enjoyed it... granted the night I saw it I was already in a goofy mood so that just put it over the top.

steelerfan
01-08-2011, 06:12 AM

A Fistful of Quarters!! LOL! I saw that about a year ago. What a bunch of characters,lol. A friend of mine is very much into classic arcade games and had me watch it. He drags me to Expos and classic arcade bars from time to time. Hilarious stuff. :nod:

JeffHCross
01-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I saw Burn After Reading last week.....terrible. If it's ever on TV or you want to Netflix it, don't.I concur.

psuexv
01-10-2011, 10:25 AM
I concur.

Ditto

psuexv
01-10-2011, 10:29 AM
I kind of want to see Hall Pass. I think they are trying to duplicate The Hangover but I'm willing to give it a shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j4ilviJZCE

morsdraconis
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah, it does look pretty funny and I definitely see the Hangover attempt. Could be hilarious or really crappy. I'll probably see it though.

cdj
04-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Saw two movies this weekend, Sucker Punch on Friday and Black Swan on Saturday.

Sucker Punch - Good movie, wasn't a huge fan of the ending though. Lots of action, good scenery.

Black Swan - Was better than I expected. Actually kind of creepy/startling at times; almost like they wanted half of a horror movie feel to it.

morsdraconis
04-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Black Swan is an AMAZINGLY well done movie. I was blown away by how good it was (I'm not normally the type of person to enjoy the type of movie that it is and wasn't expecting to like it nearly as much as I do).

Sucker Punch has been getting absolutely destroyed by pretty much every review website/person out there.

I've watched a couple of movies that I never got around to watching but wanted to over the past couple of days.

The Truman Show: Holy hell, what a wonderful movie. I've been a fan of Jim Carrey for a long time but never took the time to watch this movie. Definitely up there with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Cougars, Inc: Looks like a silly movie, but it actually wasn't that bad. Definitely wasn't great, but the tits certainly helped. Sadly, you don't get to see Denise Richards' tits, but Jim Belushi is AMAZINGLY good in this movie. Definitely the best part.

The Princess Bride: Had seen it before, but it had been a pretty long time. Just as enjoyable as I remember. Such a wonderful movie.

jaymo76
04-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Anyone see Battle: L.A. at the theatres? I have been meaning to check it out but just can't find the time. I hear it has some pretty bad reviews.

morsdraconis
04-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Anyone see Battle: L.A. at the theatres? I have been meaning to check it out but just can't find the time. I hear it has some pretty bad reviews.

Dialog and story is terrible, otherwise a great action flick from everything I've seen. Not as much action as you'd think there would be, but still pretty decent. Not sure it's worth the money to see though. I've decided to wait until DVD/pirating.

Rudy
04-04-2011, 05:03 AM
I liked Unstoppable a lot. A solid popcorn flick.

morsdraconis
04-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I liked Unstoppable a lot. A solid popcorn flick.

Yeah, I enjoyed Unstoppable a lot. Definitely a solid popcorn flick.

gschwendt
04-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Saw Limitless a couple of weekends ago... liked it on the whole but didn't agree with how they decided to end the movie.

Kingpin32
05-17-2011, 03:39 AM
I finally watched Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I love this movie.

Rudy
05-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Thor was great! Both myself and my wife loved it. Right up there with Iron Man 1 with how much we enjoyed it. Some humour, good actors and characters, good story and some good action. We saw it in 3D too which was really a 2.5D experience (not the stuff that really pops out at you) and it was neat. Highly recommend this movie and I never really cared about Thor much either.

psuexv
05-23-2011, 10:22 AM
So I watched the Ugly Truth over the weekend. If you need a movie to satisfy the misses, this wasn't that bad. Gerard Butler is funny as hell and pretty vulgar which made it bearable.

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
WOO! Just won advance screening passes to see The Hangover Part II tonight :))

JBHuskers
05-23-2011, 11:37 PM
The Hangover: Part II was f'n FUNNY. Wasn't as good as the first one, but how are you really going to top that. I thought this was well done. Only complaint was they gave too much away in the trailers I think. I think it's definitely worth a view in the theater.

hawkeyeguy
05-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Faster

Not a bad flick with The Rock and Billy Bob Thornton (oh and that chick that played an agent that Vince was nailing in Entourage) Decent action, acting wasn't terrible, plot was acceptable. Decent twist at the end

3 outta 5 stars

cdj
05-24-2011, 01:08 PM
The Hangover: Part II was f'n FUNNY. Wasn't as good as the first one, but how are you really going to top that. I thought this was well done. Only complaint was they gave too much away in the trailers I think. I think it's definitely worth a view in the theater.

Since it's not out yet, I'll hide my thoughts:

What bothers me is how unoriginal the vast majority of the movie was. They recycled almost everything from the first movie - somewhat understandable - but I'm not sure any aspect was better in the sequel and some of the writing was weak. The development of Teddy was terrible, Alan's first few scenes seemed forced, and Stu was an annoying twit the more the movie progressed.

JBHuskers
05-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Since it's not out yet, I'll hide my thoughts:

What bothers me is how unoriginal the vast majority of the movie was. They recycled almost everything from the first movie - somewhat understandable - but I'm not sure any aspect was better in the sequel and some of the writing was weak. The development of Teddy was terrible, Alan's first few scenes seemed forced, and Stu was an annoying twit the more the movie progressed.

I dunno I think that's a little over critical....how many sequel have aspects better than the original? Terminator 2, and maybe Back to the Future 3....but it's rare. People make the mistake of thinking they have to have their mind blown like the first movie to enjoy this one, and I don't think that is true at all. Overall, on it's own, it's a very hliarious and enjoyable movie. I'm guessing those going to see this movie are going to care about the development of Teddy as opposed to everything else as a whole.

psuexv
05-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I dunno I think that's a little over critical....how many sequel have aspects better than the original? Terminator 2, and maybe Back to the Future 3....but it's rare. People make the mistake of thinking they have to have their mind blown like the first movie to enjoy this one, and I don't think that is true at all. Overall, on it's own, it's a very hliarious and enjoyable movie. I'm guessing those going to see this movie are going to care about the development of Teddy as opposed to everything else as a whole.

Completely disagree. There are a ton of sequels out there, maybe not as great as the 1st but different story lines and very good movies

Toy Story 2 and 3
Mad Max 2
MIB 2
X-men 2 and 3
Superman II
Rocky II(kind of the same story but different aspect)
just to name a few.

I think that thing about this movie is it was pretty much exactly the same, haven't seen it yet, but from the trailers... they lose someone, Stu gets a tattoo instead of losing a tooth, there's a monkey instead of a lion... yada yada. Not saying it's not going to have funny parts but they could definitely have been more creative.

psuexv
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Forgot about the Dark Knight, maybe the best sequel of all times. And Star Wars... Lord of the Rings I consider one movie broken into 3 parts.

psuexv
05-24-2011, 01:33 PM
I do realize that most of those are comic bookish movies... so let's go comedies

The National Lampoon movies
Austin Powers
Shrek 2
hmmmmm.....
American Pie 2
Caddyshack 2

cdj
05-24-2011, 04:28 PM

More Hangover II talk:

Unfortunately, it's not "on it's own." It's a carbon copy of the first. I don't need my "mind blown." I just don't want to see the same movie twice when I could just pop in a DVD to see the first and it's more well-done in every regard.

Why would anyone care that Teddy is missing and why would we care about the "fun" he had with the guys? Poor character development. Why not have Doug join the guys in their exploits this time?

Lots of sequels copy plot points from the first and are still enjoyable and unique in their own right. BTTF 2 and 3 were virtually carbon copies of the first - just different settings ala Hangover II - but they had great writing to overcome it.

My problem isn't solely that Hangover II is a copy of the first (as I said above, other good movies do the same), it's that it was a copy that seemed to lack much effort to differentiate itself from the first.

Rudy
05-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Forgot about the Dark Knight, maybe the best sequel of all times.

I will voice my displeasure for the Dark Knight once more - I thought it was weak. Grade school writing at times and the level of realism sunk to new lows in the second half, even for a super hero movie. I was big time disappointed.

psuexv
05-25-2011, 09:18 AM
I will voice my displeasure for the Dark Knight once more - I thought it was weak. Grade school writing at times and the level of realism sunk to new lows in the second half, even for a super hero movie. I was big time disappointed.

Really? I've actually never met anyone that didn't like it. I do find it funny you are talking about realism in a superhero movie, even when compared to the original Batman's(talk about unrealistic). Just out of curiosity, what didn't you find real. And where you a fan of Batman Begins?

Rudy
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
I did like Batman Begins. The first cheezy thing in Dark Knight was the guy pulling out his gun in the court room. I did think Heath Ledger as the joker was really good and the first half of the movie was pretty good. But the second half just bordered on ridiculous for me. How the heck does the Joker escape from prison? A bomb goes off and all the cops hide under a table while the Joker, the world's worst terrorist, just walks out? Then he threatens the DA and to blow up a hospital and what happens? He just walks into the hospital and sits down next to the DA! Ridiculous! And then he just walks out and blows it up! These cops are the dumbest, most idiotic set of cops outside of cartoons! The whole twist on the boat between the prisoners and people just reeked of a moral subplot thrown in and I thought was pretty cheezy. The device Batman uses at the end - turning all cell phones to an on the spot radar system was ridiculous as well.

I know I'm in the minority but I'll never bother watching the Dark Knight again.

Flav
05-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm seein The Hangover II tonight at midnight. Pretty excited!

gschwendt
07-15-2011, 03:09 PM
saw Horrible Bosses last night. I had quite low expectations but it was better than I anticipated... though certainly not anything great.

That said, there is one particular scene where Aniston is AB SO LUTE LY smoking hot. Well worth the price of admission... or at the very least a $1.50 redbox rental when it comes out.

psusnoop
07-15-2011, 03:32 PM
saw Horrible Bosses last night. I had quite low expectations but it was better than I anticipated... though certainly not anything great.

That said, there is one particular scene where Aniston is AB SO LUTE LY smoking hot. Well worth the price of admission... or at the very least a $1.50 redbox rental when it comes out.

Man I gotta watch now! She is very easy on the eyes!

psuexv
07-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Just saw this trailer and at 1st thought it was going to be He-man with outfit..... damn that would be sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rf55GTEZ_E

JBHuskers
07-15-2011, 03:38 PM
That looks really interesting.....

Is anyone interested in Cowboys & Aliens, for some reason I think it looks good.

morsdraconis
07-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Same here JB. I'll be seeing it in theaters for sure. Looks like some seriously fun Action B movie time to be had.

psuexv
07-15-2011, 03:41 PM
That looks really interesting.....

Is anyone interested in Cowboys & Aliens, for some reason I think it looks good.

It's one of those that looks like it's going to be bad but will probably be good.

I don't know what I think about this one.... it seems to sappy with some MMA in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54vrgCP5nlc

JBHuskers
07-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Same here JB. I'll be seeing it in theaters for sure. Looks like some seriously fun Action B movie time to be had.

Plus Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford, I think it's gonna be really good.

psuexv
07-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Plus Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford, I think it's gonna be really good.

As long as Harrison Ford doesn't bring his Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls acting :D

JBHuskers
07-15-2011, 03:53 PM
As long as Harrison Ford doesn't bring his Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls acting :D

...well he is getting old :D he used to be a regular at the strip club I DJ at, until it got pub in the papers, then he stopped going. :smh:

psuexv
07-15-2011, 03:55 PM
...well he is getting old :D he used to be a regular at the strip club I DJ at, until it got pub in the papers, then he stopped going. :smh:

Harrison Ford in Nebraska :confused:

JBHuskers
07-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Harrison Ford in Nebraska :confused:

Yeah he'd fly in all the time (as he's a pilot).

psuexv
07-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah he'd fly in all the time (as he's a pilot).

He must have been sweet on one of those lovely ladies. :)

JBHuskers
07-15-2011, 04:03 PM
He must have been sweet on one of those lovely ladies. :)

Which means more $$$ for the DJ.....if only he still came in :fp:

Deuce
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Anyone see Drive yet? For me, it's the best movie I've seen in a long time. It's like nothing I've ever seen...I felt it was totally original.

That being said...there was 5 of us in the movie and one person walked out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gschwendt
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Anyone see Drive yet? For me, it's the best movie I've seen in a long time. It's like nothing I've ever seen...I felt it was totally original.

That being said...there was 5 of us in the movie and one person walked out. :)I thought for sure you were joking until I pulled it up on Rotten Tomatoes and it has a 93%. Wow... I've totally slept on this movie, probably because I was lumping it in with that werewolf guy's movie.

Deuce
09-26-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't want to say too much...its worth seeing. Obviously people have different taste but this movie was perfect for mine.

morsdraconis
09-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah. I plan on seeing it tomorrow.

DariusLock
09-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Bout to watch Fast Five.

morsdraconis
09-28-2011, 11:33 PM
In the middle of watching Tucker & Dale vs Evil. Pretty amazingly funny B movie. Definitely worth a watch if you get a chance.

BCEagles
09-29-2011, 06:48 AM
I know this movies a bit old but if you haven't seen it go see Bridesmaids. My girlfriend dragged me into watching it and i thought it was just gonna be another chick flick but it was great. I give it a 4/5 cuz it had a few boring scenes.

Deuce
09-29-2011, 07:57 AM
In the middle of watching Tucker & Dale vs Evil. Pretty amazingly funny B movie. Definitely worth a watch if you get a chance.

I DVR'd it last night. Gonna watch it this weekend.

Sinister
09-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Bridesmaids is funny as hell not what you would think with an all female cast.

Sinister
09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
It's one of those that looks like it's going to be bad but will probably be good.

I don't know what I think about this one.... it seems to sappy with some MMA in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54vrgCP5nlc

i saw it. the movie wasn't too bad the ending sucked but overall a good movie plus it involved Philly and Pittsburgh good for me

psuexv
09-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Bridesmaids is funny as hell not what you would think with an all female cast.

I've heard awesome reviews from it. We have it downloaded by haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

gschwendt
11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Saw In Time tonight... really not as good as the trailer indicated.

morsdraconis
11-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Saw In Time tonight... really not as good as the trailer indicated.

That's what I've heard. Been getting pretty terrible reviews too.

cdj
05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Anyone else see The Avengers yet?

I'll try to avoid any spoilers.

I'm not a huge comic book fan, but do enjoy some (most?) of the comic book movies though I prefer DC (Batman) more than Marvel.

I liked the movie, but for some reason I don't like the 'alien visitor' element. Somehow I can overlook the super-power/superhero aspect, but aliens? Meh.

There are two scenes at the end, so stay all the way through.

morsdraconis
05-06-2012, 12:47 AM
The Avengers, simply put, is the best super hero movie not named The Dark Knight EVER and it's DAMN close to being better than The Dark Knight (Joker is just the PERFECT villain and it's impossible for anyone not named Apocalypse to be better than him).

steelerfan
05-06-2012, 04:32 AM
You like comic books.

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-452d-0c07.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Rudy
05-06-2012, 06:42 AM
I've heard that Avengers is great. I used to love comics when I was a kid and I have enjoyed most of the Marvel movies although I haven't seen Captain America or Green Lantern. The trailers did nothing for me. Hoping to see Avengers in the next week or so.

I think Spiderman 2 is probably my favourite of the comic book movies. Both the first two Spideys were great. Iron Man 1 was really good as was Thor and the last Hulk movie imo (although many didn't care for the Hulk one). The first Transformers was great too but the next two were weak. I personally think The Dark Knight was the most over-rated comic movie of all time.

morsdraconis
05-06-2012, 10:20 AM
You like comic books.

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-452d-0c07.jpg

Actually, I don't like comic books at all. I find them incredibly boring to read.

Comic book movies, on the other hand, are fun as hell to watch.

steelerfan
05-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Actually, I don't like comic books at all. I find them incredibly boring to read.

Comic book movies, on the other hand, are fun as hell to watch.

Understood. I just needed an excuse to post that picture. :P

JBHuskers
05-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Understood. I just needed an excuse to post that picture. :P

Because that picture is on :sf:'s bedroom ceiling.

steelerfan
05-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Because that picture is on :sf:'s bedroom ceiling.

I didn't know you saw the ceiling. I thought you were biting the pillow the whole time you were in there.

Rudy
05-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Avengers sets record with $200 million.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-06/-the-avengers-has-record-setting-200-3-million-in-sales.html

Rudy
05-06-2012, 12:17 PM
double post

JBHuskers
05-06-2012, 12:29 PM
I didn't know you saw the ceiling. I thought you were biting the pillow the whole time you were in there.

That's hot.

JeffHCross
05-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I'll try to avoid any spoilers.

I liked the movie, but for some reason I don't like the 'alien visitor' element. Somehow I can overlook the super-power/superhero aspect, but aliens? Meh.For that to be a spoiler, you'd have to had purposefully avoided every trailer or piece of media material :D

I have enjoyed most of the Marvel movies although I haven't seen Captain America or Green Lantern. The trailers did nothing for me.Green Lantern's DC ;) Cap is worth watching. I agree the trailer was disappointing, but the movie itself was very well done IMO. I waited to see it On-Demand and was very pleased with it.

steelerfan
05-06-2012, 02:37 PM
That's hot.

:D

souljahbill
05-06-2012, 04:15 PM
I watched Disney's African Cats and found it to be AMAZING! It's not an animated film. It's a movie along the lines of BBC's Planet Earth series except this movie has a ton of heart. It follows a cheetah raising her cubs and a lioness and her relationship with her pride. The movie is gorgeous in HD but like I said the director/writers were able to make random animals compelling characters that I actually cared about has me literally raving about this movie. I loved it. I hope someone gives it a look.

Rudy
05-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Avengers was a decent movie but I was disappointed. Not much of a story there at all and it wasn't as funny as I expected it to be. I guess I expected a decent plot but it just wasn't there imo. Some cool action at the end and I loved the Hulk but I thought they wasted Thor. I liked the movie Thor a lot more. Too much hype I guess.

jaymo76
05-19-2012, 09:23 PM
I am trying to decide if I want to see Battleship or not. It is getting awful reviews but I am a sci-fi type of person. Any thoughts?

gschwendt
05-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I am trying to decide if I want to see Battleship or not. It is getting awful reviews but I am a sci-fi type of person. Any thoughts?

It's based on a board game... The only movie that can get away with that is Clue.

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 11:17 PM
I certainly wouldn't waste theatre money on it. Maybe an On-Demand view way down the line.

oweb26
05-20-2012, 05:27 AM

Out of the entire Marvel collection that is out right now I think thor ranks near the bottom. Avengers was pretty good, once the year is over will it be in my top 5 honestly I doubt it; because I still have about 4 movies I am expecting to be better and there is always a sleeper, but it was good none the less.

SmoothPancakes
05-20-2012, 02:41 PM

You should have turned on SyFy last night, they had a movie on called American Warships. Basically the same premise. In American Warships, "the crew of the USS Iowa take on a fleet of hostile alien spaceships."

jaymo76
05-20-2012, 03:33 PM
You should have turned on SyFy last night, they had a movie on called American Warships. Basically the same premise. In American Warships, "the crew of the USS Iowa take on a fleet of hostile alien spaceships."

I actually watched some of that movie :D:fp: Talk about a big budget production.

JeffHCross
05-20-2012, 04:35 PM
SyFy's knock-off movies are so pathetic, it's almost enough to make me forget how much quality original programming they've had over the years (though, upon reflection, very little of it was actually produced by Skiffy).

JBHuskers
05-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Saw In Time yesterday. Pretty cool movie, ending was so-so though.

JBHuskers
05-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Got three more $0.99 rentals from Amazon to watch yet. Harold & Kumar Xmas, Real Steel, and Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Might get one or two in over the Memorial Day weekend if the move goes well.

DariusLock
05-24-2012, 01:27 PM
You get em free? Or you just rented those for .99?

JBHuskers
05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
You get em free? Or you just rented those for .99?

They have a $0.99 rental of the day. When you rent it, you have 30 days to start watching. Once you start it, that's when the 24 or 48 hour rental clock begins.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
On my Disney cruise, I saw John Carter, The Avengers, and Chimpanzee which is a Disney Nature movie.

John Carter was better then expected. I really liked it. It's a shame it bombed because I'm down for a sequel.

I'm not a comic-nerd and the only Avenger movie I had seen pre-Avengers was Iron Man 1 but The Avengers was really good. Good enough to make me interested in seeing all the Avenger hero movies. Disappointing that there's no Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie because he's a good actor and the Hulk was my favorite character in the movie.

I don't know if anyone has seen any of the Disney Nature films but if you watched and liked the Planet Earth series then you'd probably like these films. They're good at giving animals compelling stories. I didn't think Chimpanzee was as good as African Cats (which I LOOOOOOVE!!!) but definitely entertaining and informative. I didn't know beforehand that chimps eat monkeys and are cannibalistic.

Anyway, I'd recommend all 3, especially John Carter since most people missed it.

Deuce
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
On my Disney cruise, I saw John Carter, The Avengers, and Chimpanzee which is a Disney Nature movie.

John Carter was better then expected. I really liked it. It's a shame it bombed because I'm down for a sequel.

I'm not a comic-nerd and the only Avenger movie I had seen pre-Avengers was Iron Man 1 but The Avengers was really good. Good enough to make me interested in seeing all the Avenger hero movies. Disappointing that there's no Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie because he's a good actor and the Hulk was my favorite character in the movie.

I don't know if anyone has seen any of the Disney Nature films but if you watched and liked the Planet Earth series then you'd probably like these films. They're good at giving animals compelling stories. I didn't think Chimpanzee was as good as African Cats (which I LOOOOOOVE!!!) but definitely entertaining and informative. I didn't know beforehand that chimps eat monkeys and are cannibalistic.

Anyway, I'd recommend all 3, especially John Carter since most people missed it.

How'd you like the cruise? My family is headed out on one in early Oct out of Galveston. Any recommendations?

souljahbill
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM
How'd you like the cruise? My family is headed out on one in early Oct out of Galveston. Any recommendations?

It was my wife's and I second Disney cruise. We don't have children but Disney cruise's are hands down, the best cruises. They are so far ahead of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norweigan that it isn't funny. Best service, best amenities, most activities and entertainment for not only families and children, but just for adults as well. Their private island, Castaway Cay, is awesome. There isn't a negative thing I can say about them. They may cost more but you get more then what you pay for. We booked next year's cruise while onboard.

Deuce
06-12-2012, 12:57 PM
It was my wife's and I second Disney cruise. We don't have children but Disney cruise's are hands down, the best cruises. They are so far ahead of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norweigan that it isn't funny. Best service, best amenities, most activities and entertainment for not only families and children, but just for adults as well. Their private island, Castaway Cay, is awesome. There isn't a negative thing I can say about them. They may cost more but you get more then what you pay for. We booked next year's cruise while onboard.

Sweet! Good to hear. This is our family's first cruise so we're all pretty excited. The kids are already going nuts and we still have 4 months to go!

baseballplyrmvp
06-12-2012, 08:20 PM
anyone plan on seeing Ted (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637725/)?

JBHuskers
06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
anyone plan on seeing Ted (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637725/)?

Eventually. Looks good.

morsdraconis
06-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Yeah. I definitely want to sometime down the road. Not sure if I'll pay to see it in theaters or not.

psuexv
06-13-2012, 08:50 AM
JB told me about this last night. Our theatres around here don't do it but I would love to go

http://celebsecrets4u.com/2012/06/04/amc-theaters-to-host-batman-marathon/

AMC Theaters is known to put on marathons leading up to a huge movie premiere. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises will be no different. With the final installment in the Christopher Nolan Batman series upon us next month Batman fans everywhere are gearing up for midnight releases as well as movie marathons. AMC is here to help with the marathons! As they did with last month’s Ultimate Marvel Marathon, AMC Theatres is planning a special showcase of Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy in select theaters on July 19th. That means that you will watch Batman Begins, followed by Batman: The Dark Knight, followed by mid-night showing of the final movie in the trilogy, Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. Tickets are planned to go on sale on June 11th at AMC’s official site.

psuexv
06-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Oh and Ted looks freaking hilarious.

Deuce
06-13-2012, 08:59 AM
I'll watch Ted on DVD. Marky Mark is so hit or miss when it comes to acting. Sometimes he is really, really bad.

DariusLock
06-13-2012, 09:39 AM
JB told me about this last night. Our theatres around here don't do it but I would love to go

http://celebsecrets4u.com/2012/06/04/amc-theaters-to-host-batman-marathon/

I'd pay for that...I'd need beer and a "smoke" break or two.

JBHuskers
08-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Watched Amercian Reunion last night. Hilarious! If you like the past three movies, you'll love this one.

psuexv
08-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Watched Amercian Reunion last night. Hilarious! If you like the past three movies, you'll love this one.

I've actually heard that it is pretty good. Feel the need to watch it to complete the set, even though I thought American Wedding was garbage.

souljahbill
08-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I've actually heard that it is pretty good. Feel the need to watch it to complete the set, even though I thought American Wedding was garbage.

I agree. 1 is my favorite as I really like the "story" in the original. It was silly but I felt it had "heart" to it. 2 was mad funny. Wedding was a snoozer. The proposal scene, dance scene, the bachelor party, the Stifler and Finch swapping personalities for Cadance's affections, and Stifler's "chocolate" were LOL funny but everything else was eye-rolling. Band Camp was hilarious to me. Baby Stifler did an excellent job. I wanna see Reunion though.

baseballplyrmvp
08-28-2012, 09:10 PM
anyone seen vantage point (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/)? it was released 4 years ago, but damn, from the half that i watched of it this morning, it was good. its worth a watch, imo.

JeffHCross
08-28-2012, 09:23 PM
I saw it a number of years ago. Good, but repetitive.

souljahbill
08-28-2012, 10:36 PM
anyone seen vantage point (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/)? it was released 4 years ago, but damn, from the half that i watched of it this morning, it was good. its worth a watch, imo.

A loooooong time ago. Don't remember much about it.

JBHuskers
08-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Expendables 2 was awesome. If you loved the first one, you'll definitely love the 2nd one. I'm not sure which one is better as I'd need to re-watch the first one.

SCClassof93
09-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Expendables 2 was awesome. If you loved the first one, you'll definitely love the 2nd one. I'm not sure which one is better as I'd need to re-watch the first one.

Really need to go see this :nod:.

SCClassof93
09-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Just started looking at the 80s movie list and wanted to see if trailers were easy to find. Oh this was sooooo bad/cheesy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMyInUPQ2g

psuexv
09-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I've heard a lot of people saying Lawless is a great movie.

morsdraconis
09-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I've heard a lot of people saying Lawless is a great movie.

Review I saw said it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. That, and the end just totally falls apart.

psuexv
09-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Review I saw said it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. That, and the end just totally falls apart.

I actually hadn't heard much about it and haven't really read any reviews. But I've had 3 people tell me it was bad ass and should go see it.

Marlowe
09-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Anyone watched Killer Joe yet?

http://youtu.be/cxpvzmvFHTM

gschwendt
09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Anyone watched Killer Joe yet?
First I've heard of it... looks interesting. I doubt it came anywhere near me but I would assume it'll be on Blu-Ray before too long.

JBHuskers
09-05-2012, 09:05 PM
That's the NC-17 movie isn't it?

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 07:13 AM
On netflix streaming for those of you that have not seen it :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGQ1hUyx-k

morsdraconis
09-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Really need to take the time to watch that whole movie.

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Really need to take the time to watch that whole movie.

I was telling the wife during the intro that as a people our attention spans have gotten much shorter, which is sad. We can still concentrate and focus but it takes a lot more effort now.

morsdraconis
09-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I was telling the wife during the intro that as a people our attention spans have gotten much shorter, which is sad. We can still concentrate and focus but it takes a lot more effort now.

Nah. Not attention span. More like continuing to forget to pirate the movie to watch it and only really catching parts of it on TV (and never the beginning) so I end up not watching the whole movie because I've missed the beginning.

I've seen the middle of that movie like 6 times now.

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Nah. Not attention span. More like continuing to forget to pirate the movie to watch it and only really catching parts of it on TV (and never the beginning) so I end up not watching the whole movie because I've missed the beginning.

I've seen the middle of that movie like 6 times now.

My apologies, I was in no way referencing your attention span (I have no clue about that), just stating what I mentioned while watching the film.

JBHuskers
09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Summer movie run is definitely over. Top 12 films grossed a COMBINED $52M.

SmoothPancakes
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Summer movie run is definitely over. Top 12 films grossed a COMBINED $52M.

And I thought I read the #1 film didn't break $10M or something for the first time since like 2007. I can't remember the exact details, but I remember reading the #1 film didn't hit a certain level and it was the first time in a couple years.

JBHuskers
09-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Not sure if this is a first for home release, but Prometheus is going to be available on Vudu, PSN, XBL, etc. 3 weeks before the physical disc is released. Haven't seen the movie yet, but am definitely interested in seeing it.

The digital download will cost $14.99. (http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/prometheus?utm_medium=display)

JBHuskers
03-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Finally saw Bobcat Goldthwait's God Bless America last night....holy shit was that a great movie. Hilarious.

JBHuskers
04-04-2013, 02:39 PM
This is as good of a thread as any to say RIP Roger Ebert.

http://nutshell-movies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/siskel-and-ebert.jpg

bdoughty
04-24-2013, 04:59 AM
I just watched a movie because Ebert praised Matthew McConaughey in Killer Joe. Not a bad movie but you do have to keep reminding yourself that the 12 year old McConaughey bangs is of legal age. You will also never look at a piece of chicken or Gina Gershon the same way again.

psuexv
04-24-2013, 10:46 AM
I just watched a movie because Ebert praised Matthew McConaughey in Killer Joe. Not a bad movie but you do have to keep reminding yourself that the 12 year old McConaughey bangs is of legal age. You will also never look at a piece of chicken or Gina Gershon the same way again.

Probably NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwQ0IL2_UIQ

JBHuskers
05-10-2013, 12:57 AM
I think tonight was the first night I have stepped in a theatre since Dark Knight Rises. Saw Pain & Gain. Very good flick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

souljahbill
05-10-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm hoping to see IronMan 3 on my Disney Cruise in a few weeks.

GatorfanStovy
05-11-2013, 12:18 PM

Lucky shit! Have fun though.

GatorfanStovy
05-11-2013, 12:19 PM
never mind wrong thread.

JBHuskers
06-03-2013, 12:19 PM
After Earth only $24M. Fast & Furious 6 topped it in its 2nd (or 3rd) week :D

http://icons.mysitemyway.com/wp-content/gallery/high-resolution-dark-blue-denim-jeans-icons-signs/thumbs/thumbs_093555-high-resolution-dark-blue-denim-jeans-icon-signs-bomb.png

skipwondah33
06-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Went to see Hangover 3 week and a half ago

Figured I'd be disappointed, but went anyway. It's ritual to see them... gets excitement going for our Vegas trip

There was about 2.92 funny moments in the movie.

ram29jackson
06-03-2013, 03:53 PM

Gina Gershon was already in Showgirls,a dumb raunchy movie. Look at her in what way ?

GatorfanStovy
06-03-2013, 10:38 PM
It's scary how much doe Fast 6 is bringing. i mean crap it is till over 50 mil . Damn I need to see that movie.

The local theaters here in WI does 5 buck movie days Wed and Thusrday . Fast 6 hasn't hit it yet. But Star Trek and iron Man 3 have already ha. Keep it going Fast and furious. I wanna go see but I don't have the money really too. Any one go see it yet ?

souljahbill
06-08-2013, 08:20 AM

They showed Iron Man 3. Awesome movie. Tony Stark is a much cooler Bruce Wayne.

souljahbill
06-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I also seen:

In 3-D in the Buena Vista Theater:
Frankenweenie-Enjoyed
Oz, The Great and Powerful-Enjoyed
Brave-It was alright. My least favorite of the bunch
Wreck-It Ralph-REALLY enjoyed (I didn't know it was a video game movie)

In my stateroom:
Pitch Perfect-Surprisingly enjoyable. Dare I say, really good?
Here Comes the Boom-Also surprisingly enjoyable considering Kevin James movies are pretty bad.

And most importantly,

THE SPURS WON GAME 1 OF THE NBA FINALS!!!
#GoSpursGo

SCClassof93
06-08-2013, 09:12 AM
They showed Iron Man 3. Awesome movie. Tony Stark is a much cooler Bruce Wayne.

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/5775/giflukabrozzi350.gif

Marlowe
06-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Went to see Man of Steel on Friday. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. It could have probably used more editing although I don't know that it would have made the movie any better. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say it didn't really work for me. Maybe you guys might have a different opinion. :down::down:

morsdraconis
06-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Went to see Man of Steel on Friday. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. It could have probably used more editing although I don't know that it would have made the movie any better. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say it didn't really work for me. Maybe you guys might have a different opinion. :down::down:

Seems to be the general consensus with it. Haven't seen it myself and I really wasn't interested in it to begin with.

JBHuskers
07-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Bought Flight from Amazon Instant Video for $8. Had $30 in credit sitting there, and heard good things about this movie.

morsdraconis
07-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Bought Flight from Amazon Instant Video for $8. Had $30 in credit sitting there, and heard good things about this movie.

Tits, bush, and ass in the first 10 minutes by Nadine Velazquez is definitely nothing to sneeze at:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/vkr_bibin/Nadine%20Velazquez/NadineVelazquez_2ActressSnapscom.jpg?t=1245632850

JBHuskers
07-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I like it already!

SCClassof93
07-10-2013, 07:59 AM

It will not enhance your love/hate of flying :D

JBHuskers
07-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm never worried of flying. It's safer than driving.

SCClassof93
07-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Man of Steel, exceedingly average as a film. About 40 minutes too long.

JBHuskers
07-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Sharknado is set to record at midnight :nod:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

morsdraconis
07-12-2013, 07:29 AM

I watched like 20 minutes of it. I simply couldn't handle anymore after that.

JBHuskers
07-12-2013, 10:02 AM

I'm not expecting Oscar-worthy material. Just unintentional (or maybe intentional) comedy.

GatorfanStovy
07-13-2013, 10:42 PM

But it has Tara Reid. It's at least watchable with her in it.

ram29jackson
07-13-2013, 11:40 PM

you aren't supposed to take it seriously :D captain angry pants. I'm watching purely to laugh at how bad it is

countryboy
07-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Watched the Heat tonight. Funny..funny...movie.

Highly recommend.

jaymo76
07-14-2013, 10:03 AM

Just watched this last night on PVR. It may well be the worst movie I have ever seen. Between bad acting, terrible cgi and a very low budget the movie was a train wreck. I couldn't look away because it was so bad.

morsdraconis
07-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Just watched this last night on PVR. It may well be the worst movie I have ever seen. Between bad acting, terrible cgi and a very low budget the movie was a train wreck. I couldn't look away because it was so bad.

All Sci-fi original movies are that bad. Every single one of them.

souljahbill
07-14-2013, 11:29 AM
All Sci-fi original movies are that bad. Every single one of them.

That's their appeal though. I remember in Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, the shark jumped out of the ocean and brought down a 747 from out of the clouds and later on, ate the Golden Gate Bridge. SyFy movies are like fast food. Terrible yet enjoyable for what it is.

morsdraconis
07-14-2013, 01:41 PM
I can enjoy B movies as well as the next person, but these are FAR from B movies...

souljahbill
10-15-2013, 08:13 PM
I saw Gravity today in IMAX 3D. It really was the bees knees. It's a thriller alright. Parts had me incredibly nervous.

JBHuskers
12-07-2013, 03:55 AM
Just watched The World's End. Loved it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4

psuexv
12-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Caught the end of The Watch the other night. I need to watch the beginning as the end was definitely good. One of those so stupid it's funny movies.

JBHuskers
02-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Figured this would be the best place to post this, but this collection was the deal of the day on Amazon the other day :up:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ek%2BlM5IIL._SY300_.jpg

souljahbill
02-09-2014, 10:26 PM
I watched The Incredible Burt Wonderstone on HBO this weekend. It was WAAAAY funnier than I expected.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/10/epejydez.jpg

JBHuskers
02-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I actually thought the previews were funny. Just haven't gotten around to watching yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bdoughty
02-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Olivia Wilde was in it, so it had that going for it. I just can't stand Jim Carrey nowadays. Loved him in the early years (In Living Color) but once he went to movies the thrill was gone.

souljahbill
02-10-2014, 06:40 AM
Olivia Wilde was in it, so it had that going for it. I just can't stand Jim Carrey nowadays. Loved him in the early years (In Living Color) but once he went to movies the thrill was gone.

1) I've never really found Olivia Wilde attractive. She's definitely pretty but that body could use a few more curves. I'd still hit it though.

2) Jim Carrey plays a Criss Angel type of Magician. The scenes he's in are relatively short and his "magic" is just stunts that get progressively more outrageous. Some are funnier than others but Jim Carrey isn't as annoying as he typically is.

bdoughty
02-10-2014, 07:05 AM
1) I've never really found Olivia Wilde attractive. She's definitely pretty but that body could use a few more curves. I'd still hit it though.

2) Jim Carrey plays a Criss Angel type of Magician. The scenes he's in are relatively short and his "magic" is just stunts that get progressively more outrageous. Some are funnier than others but Jim Carrey isn't as annoying as he typically is.

I watched the movie, just not my thing. Saw it around the same time as "Now You See Me" and though it is not a comedy, it did have a few laughs and I enjoyed it much more.

souljahbill
02-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Any ever seen (or even heard of) Now You See Me? It's been showing on HBO and I really like it.

psuexv
02-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Any ever seen (or even heard of) Now You See Me? It's been showing on HBO and I really like it.

Lol. I just watched it too, was going to post here but hadn't had the chance. It's pretty good. I wanted to see it for awhile, love the twist at the end.

GatorfanStovy
02-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Now You See Me. Was alright not my kind of movie but ok.

jaymo76
03-05-2014, 10:01 PM
After reading the first Jack Reacher novel I was excited to see the movie. What a colossal waste of time! I do not recommend the movie. Read the books!!!

natcret
03-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Did not know if this would go with this thread, however, I came across this 9 minute movie short that is starting to spread throughout the internet. Looks great. If this movie vision comes true, it could end up being something really special for movie fans. The creator appears to have the right idea in releasing the short.

Enjoy.

http://www.malqueres.com/#The-Flying-Man

Exceprts from the Press release that is also located on the linked website

THE FLYING MAN - A superhero short film.

The Flying Man is a short film envisioned, financed, produced, directed, edited and co-written by Marcus Alqueres. The short depicts the first appearances of a super powered vigilante, his impact in a modern society and its ethical discussion. Marcus made The Flying Man in order to demonstrate his vision as he currently outlines a feature version of the script. Marcus believes that releasing it online ahead of festivals could help accessing a potential audience and measure its reception.

morsdraconis
03-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Wow, that's bad ass. I want that superhero movie. Looks awesome.

JBHuskers
03-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Saw Muppets Most Wanted last night. It was good, definitely better than the last movie; which wasn't too bad, but not too great either.

psuexv
03-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Saw Muppets Most Wanted last night. It was good, definitely better than the last movie; which wasn't too bad, but not too great either.

:up:

JBHuskers
03-26-2014, 01:22 PM
:up:

The musical parts are a lot more tolerable. Plus I like Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais better than the dude who was in the last one.

JBHuskers
03-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Just watched Gravity. Loved it. Kinda wish I saw it in the theatre, but oh well. I kinda wanted more from the ending, but leaving it up to interpretation is fine too.

morsdraconis
03-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Just watched Gravity. Loved it. Kinda wish I saw it in the theatre, but oh well. I kinda wanted more from the ending, but leaving it up to interpretation is fine too.

I thought that movie was top 3 of the year. It blew me the fuck away seeing it in theaters.

Marlowe
03-30-2014, 06:41 PM
I kinda wanted more from the ending, but leaving it up to interpretation is fine too.

It's a bit open ended. I thought the whole movie was pretty much a metaphor for rebirth.

JBHuskers
03-31-2014, 02:24 PM
It's a bit open ended. I thought the whole movie was pretty much a metaphor for rebirth.

I read two different theories outside of what we saw where she survived. One was she died way in the beginning when the first shrapnel storm hit. The other is she died when she turned the oxygen off and everything was a dream until she fully passed away. I still think she woke up after the Clooney dream, and NASA definitely has to tech to find out that she landed and where.

JBHuskers
04-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Saw Wolf of Wall Street last night. That was a great movie. A 3 hour movie that didn't feel that long at all.

GatorfanStovy
04-07-2014, 11:22 PM
I'll be going to see winter solider tomorrow in 3D. seems to be getting great reviews even in 3d. So i'm gonna give it a chance. I normally don't see movies in 3d.

GatorfanStovy
04-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Just got done watch Captain America Winter Solider, Awesome movie! Much better then the first and ti was good too.

I love how these Marvel movies are getting more and more serious and darker like the Batman movies were makes a better movie IMO.

I won't post much about the movie only because I don't know how to write spoiler tags. But it is an awesome. No need for 3D just wasn't blown away by it. I keep giving 3D a chance but only get disappointed every time. I'll stick to regular movies for a while.

just remember if u go see Captain America be sure to stay threw the entire credits a lot people by know don't get it that Marvel movies throw in extra stuff at the end ..

GatorfanStovy
04-13-2014, 08:40 AM
How would you guys watch the Marvel movies in story order previously by Captain America Winter Solider? Thought it would be a great watch threw and then go see WS again in a few weeks after I've watched all the movies.

souljahbill
04-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Saw Draft Day last night. I really enjoyed it.

steelerfan
04-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Saw Draft Day last night. I really enjoyed it.

Fuck Cleveland.

JBHuskers
04-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Fuck Cleveland.

If the team was the Steelers, you would have camped out at the theatre :P

steelerfan
04-14-2014, 03:34 PM
If the team was the Steelers, you would have camped out at the theatre :P

No. I wouldn't.

I'd watch the movie regardless of the team. That said, fuck Cleveland. :)

souljahbill
04-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Well, I liked it.

steelerfan
04-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Well, I liked it.

I'm sure it's pretty good. I will see it at some point.

souljahbill
05-04-2014, 09:55 PM
We're the Millers. I had no idea what the movie was about before seeing it and found it to be pretty funny. I also have newfound respect for Brad Pitt. Jennifer Aniston must be 90 years old now and she's still hot. To go from her to Angelina Jolie, the dude is pretty pimp.

psuexv
05-04-2014, 10:26 PM
We're the Millers. I had no idea what the movie was about before seeing it and found it to be pretty funny. I also have newfound respect for Brad Pitt. Jennifer Aniston must be 90 years old now and she's still hot. To go from her to Angelina Jolie, the dude is pretty pimp.

Best scene is when that kid gets bitten by the spider

JBHuskers
05-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Watched Ride Along and This Is The End last night. Both were pretty good. Kevin Hart can be good when he doesn't spaz out. Unfortunately every single movie he's in the previews show him spazzing out. And he's in every f'n movie lately. This Is The End was great. Probably an accurate depiction of actors in the apocalypse :D

souljahbill
05-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Saw Django Unchained the other night. More like Django off-the-chain! Movie was boss!

GatorfanStovy
05-19-2014, 11:44 PM
If u haven't scene Godzilla in IMAX or regular hold your **** . GO SEE it in a IMAX theater it's totally worth it the drive or price. I just got done seeing it. It was awesomeness!!

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Meh, I'll pass.