PDA

View Full Version : I Form Option

WVHusker
07-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Hello all, I'm looking to re create the I Formation Option offense that Nebraska ran under Tom Osborne in NCAA 14. Just wandering if anyone would know which playbook I could start with to build this. I'm thinking maybe Air Force would have some good stuff in it, but I'm not totally sure.

johntom2000
07-06-2013, 11:22 PM
http://www.playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com/ this is a good place to start. Start taking notes on formations and plays. I been for 2 weeks now.

WVHusker
07-06-2013, 11:25 PM
http://www.playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com/ this is a good place to start. Start taking notes on formations and plays. I been for 2 weeks now.

Awesome man, thanks!

johntom2000
07-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Awesome man, thanks!

No problem. If you want to go really crazy with it. They have the Wing-T (5 different sets) it will be under "Wingbone" in the game. An two new pistol flexbone formations. :popcorn:

WVHusker
07-06-2013, 11:30 PM
No problem. If you want to go really crazy with it. They have the Wing-T (5 different sets) it will be under "Wingbone" in the game. An two new pistol flexbone formations. :popcorn:

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking focusing on the I Formation stuff, but adding some other option stuff as well. Such as some pistol option stuff and then some shotgun spread option to give my offense a bit of a new age look as well. I guess you could call it a multiple option offense. I'll look into that wingbone and pistol flexbone stuff too.

johntom2000
07-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Ever since the demo been out I been taking notes on Oregon and Ohio St. playbook plus writing down different option base formations to start off from day 1 (Tuesday) with a plan for my custom pb. I already got people in my OD asking what type of offenses I am running. So, they are thinking hehehe

WVHusker
07-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Ever since the demo been out I been taking notes on Oregon and Ohio St. playbook plus writing down different option base formations to start off from day 1 (Tuesday) with a plan for my custom pb. I already got people in my OD asking what type of offenses I am running. So, they are thinking hehehe

Not a thing wrong with that haha. I really like running the spread option with Oregon and OSU in the demo. I'm anxious to use my Huskers and their playbook on Tuesday because Martinez should be extremely fun to run the zone read stuff with.

I probably won't have too much time to do any OD's, but I'm looking forward to pulling out my I Form Option against a few of my buddies when school starts back up :nod:

johntom2000
07-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Not a thing wrong with that haha. I really like running the spread option with Oregon and OSU in the demo. I'm anxious to use my Huskers and their playbook on Tuesday because Martinez should be extremely fun to run the zone read stuff with.

I probably won't have too much time to do any OD's, but I'm looking forward to pulling out my I Form Option against a few of my buddies when school starts back up :nod:

Sweet! Good Luck!

WVHusker
07-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Sweet! Good Luck!

Thanks man, appreciate all the help! I'm going to work on getting a list of formations and plays compiled over the next few days so I can get started on this as soon as the game drops.

johntom2000
07-06-2013, 11:53 PM
cool!

WVHusker
07-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Signed up at the playbooks site and threw this together. I still need to reorder the plays, but that should be the basis of what I'm going to run. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com/browseCustom.php?pb=4676

johntom2000
07-07-2013, 02:15 AM
Signed up at the playbooks site and threw this together. I still need to reorder the plays, but that should be the basis of what I'm going to run. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com/browseCustom.php?pb=4676

Looks very nice, You and I think alot. As I am a Husker fan myself back in the Osbourn days.
You on PS3?

Militant X 1
07-07-2013, 02:59 PM

i'm looking to run VT's playbook with a few other custom formations thrown in. i really like that Pistol: Wing Trio that they added and a few of those new Gun formations as well.

~Mili

classic
07-07-2013, 06:53 PM
i might try to mess with that Wingbone stuff i tried for a hot minute last year but by that time Madden was out so...right now im on Northern Ill playbook..good mix of pistol and shotgun there ..if i remember right Air Force had some good I form Option stuff ill have to get back on the game and see

WVHusker
07-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Looks very nice, You and I think alot. As I am a Husker fan myself back in the Osbourn days.
You on PS3?

Thanks. I can't wait to try it out in game. Sweet! I was born in Nebraska, but relocated to the Pittsburgh area my eighth grade year so I love me some Husker football man! And yeah, but I don't have PSN as of right now. I'll let you know when I get it though.

i might try to mess with that Wingbone stuff i tried for a hot minute last year but by that time Madden was out so...right now im on Northern Ill playbook..good mix of pistol and shotgun there ..if i remember right Air Force had some good I form Option stuff ill have to get back on the game and see

Northern Illinois is a pretty good playbook. I used it some on 13 myself.

WVHusker
07-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Here's some stats from my first game using this custom playbook. I played as Nebraska vs Notre Dame on 6 minute quarters, all american difficulty.

Rush offense:
43 att 152 yds 2 TD

Pass offense:
11-15 171 yds 2 TD 1 INT

19 first downs, won T.O.P. 16:40 to 7:20.

Final score was 31-24 Nebraska.

As far as the playbook goes, I tweaked it a bit from what I posted earlier. It's kind of a combination of Air Force's and Nebraska's playbooks. I'll get around to posting the formations and stuff later.

WVHusker
07-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Formations

Ace:
Bunch Base
Twin TE

I Form:
Normal
Y Trips
Twins
Slot
Tight

Maryland I:
Wide

Pistol:
Full House
Ace Twins
Twin TE Slot
Y Trips

Shotgun:
Split Y-Flex
Normal
Normal Y-Flex
Y-Trips Offset
Trey Open

-----------

Some more game stats

Nebraska vs UCLA - 6 minute qtrs All American difficuly
Final Score: Nebraska 34-17

Rush Offense: 37 car 286 yds 2 TD
Pass Offense: 12-15 146 yds 2 TD
First Downs: 19
Turnovers: 1 (fumble)
T.O.P.: 15:32 to 8:28

Taylor Martinez stats
12-15 146 yds 2 TD 16 car 148 yds 1 TD

Ameer Abdullah stats
20 car 139 yds 1 TD

johntom2000
07-24-2013, 12:22 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?7278-Nebraska-PB-and-my-custom-spiced-up-version&p=212662#post212662

I will post the formations later. I am still tweaking it.