PDA

View Full Version : Option lock up strategy....

johntom2000
07-03-2013, 05:50 PM
I was watching this video from Mymaddenpad on NCAA 14. Which makes sense when you watch it. If you run into a player doing this. Wouldn't it be better to go to the pass/pa to loose the defense to make him change up? or run more pro style non-option runs?

http://youtu.be/atk927lDKDA

jello1717
07-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I was watching this video from Mymaddenpad on NCAA 14. Which makes sense when you watch it. If you run into a player doing this. Wouldn't it be better to go to the pass/pa to loose the defense to make him change up? or run more pro style non-option runs?

http://youtu.be/atk927lDKDA
I can't believe I actually spent 5+ minutes watching that.....

After all was said and done, what he did is force his DE to play the QB (using gameplanning) but then with the other controller on offense, he forced his QB to make the wrong read and keep the ball and run right at the unblocked guy whose sole job is to tackle the QB if he keeps it.

In short, it's a video showing that if the QB makes the only WRONG read on a read option, he'll be tackled.

To answer your question
If you run into a player doing this. Wouldn't it be better to go to the pass/pa to loose the defense to make him change up?
the correct answer is that if you see a DE playing the QB, then make the correct read and give it to the HB. Conversely, if you see the DE crashing on the HB, then make the correct read and keep it with the QB.

johntom2000
07-03-2013, 06:23 PM
LOL I know how to read the DE. My main concern was a user controlling a LB.

jello1717
07-03-2013, 06:31 PM
LOL I know how to read the DE. My main concern was a user controlling a LB.He was controlling the FS instead of a LB but my point is with that dumb video, you have no clue what so ever what would happen if he made the correct read. Maybe his FS makes the tackle, maybe he gets hunted down by one of those new fangled heat seeking blockers and completely taken out of the play and gives up a TD.

That video is akin to me making a video about how to correctly user catch on a streak route and then just having my QB stand in the pocket until he's sacked. Would my strategy result in a beautiful user catch? Would it result in me running my WR out of the play and getting intercepted? The world will never know.

johntom2000
07-03-2013, 06:47 PM
True lol

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-03-2013, 08:55 PM
the best thing to do is gameplan to go after pitch, so he takes dive alot and scrape exchange a user controlled LB/Safety and cutoff the QB... i know they have said they are cutting that back some where he doesnt always chase the dive etc... but... i would bet money not much of it changes...

if you need info on the scrape exchange google it... or someone will post a link... its a simple concept nothing hard

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-03-2013, 08:59 PM
and yes that video is worthless... sorry

johntom2000
07-03-2013, 10:18 PM
ya, I am not high on VG strategies. I been gone from their forums for like 5+ years.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-03-2013, 11:53 PM
im not talking VG strategies... im talking real life coaching strategy that works in the game