PDA

View Full Version : Week 5, 2010

Oneback
07-29-2010, 08:33 PM
=============== #9 Oklahoma Sooners (4-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 20-7 against Cal (2-2).
This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== #23 Clemson Tigers (3-0) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers will host #17 Miami (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR T.C. Fletcher has committed to Auburn
- (***) RT Terrance Hampton has committed to Clemson

=============== #14 Florida State Seminoles (4-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 45-10 against Wake Forest (2-2).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (2-1).

=============== #17 Miami Hurricanes (2-1) ===============
Last week, Miami won 45-24 against Pittsburgh (1-2).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Clemson to face the #23 Clemson Tigers (3-0).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 31-6 against Bowling Green (1-3).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (3-0).

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 80-3 against Eastern Michigan (1-3).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (2-1).

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (4-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 56-36 against Oklahoma State (2-2).
This week, the Ducks will host Texas Tech (4-0).

=============== #11 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 42-14 against Temple (1-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Iowa City to face the #12 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Luke Harrell has committed to Florida
- (***) K Stephen Graves has committed to LSU

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (4-0) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech won 49-42 against Notre Dame (1-3).
This week, the Red Raiders travel to Eugene to face the #2 Oregon Ducks (4-0).

=============== #3 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 38-3 against Boston College (2-1).
This week, the Hokies travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (1-3).

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns travel to Los Angeles to face the #8 USC Trojans (3-0).

=============== #5 Wisconsin Badgers (3-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 47-17 against Central Michigan (3-1).
This week, the Badgers travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (4-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:

Kingpin32
07-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Guru, when are free to play? I should be free all weekend.

JeffHCross
07-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Weekend? We ain't waiting until no weekend :P

;)

Kingpin32
07-29-2010, 09:28 PM

;)

Well tomorrow starts the weekend ;)

texacotea
07-29-2010, 09:38 PM

;)

going to have to escobar and I are scheduled to play late sat evening

JeffHCross
07-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo.

Lol, I'll deal. Need to start an offline dynasty anyway.

gschwendt
07-29-2010, 11:17 PM
It's funny... both of these are ATHs although both would have almost certainly played the position it assigned them (or in Hampton's case somewhere on OL).

JeffHCross
07-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Ohio State rolls Illinois 35-10. Eddie George went into the contest hoping to match his school record 314 yards (set vs Illinois in 1995). Unfortunately, he left the game early in the 1st quarter and did not return until halftime. George still managed 116 yards, and Pepe Pearson added an additional 102 in the victory.

Mike Vrabel finally showed up, getting at least 3 sacks and causing 2 fumbles.

One final note, because of the way Iron Dragon setup Illinois' roster, when I injured the starting QB, he was replaced by WR Eddie McGee. This is probably right, but on the next play the CPU ran a 5 WR set. At the playbook screen, it indicated they were running 6 WRs.

fsuprime
07-30-2010, 08:12 AM
texecota gets a break, ponder out for 3 weeks lol, also when could u play tex? i can play saturday morning (or late tonight *maybe depending on how drunk i am*) but saturday morning would be best assuming we advance to week 6 tonight

texacotea
07-30-2010, 10:44 AM
texecota gets a break, ponder out for 3 weeks lol, also when could u play tex? i can play saturday morning (or late tonight *maybe depending on how drunk i am*) but saturday morning would be best assuming we advance to week 6 tonight

not advancing tonight, Escobar and I are playing sat night late. becasue we have conflicting schedules

skipwondah33
07-30-2010, 11:07 AM
VT advances past the Wolf Pack 41-3

The run game was not working too well in the early stages of the game, so QB Taylor put the team on his back the entire game. He made a few mistakes in throwing interceptions but those can be attributed to a few factors needless to say. Taylor would throw a 59-yd strike to Boykin who would score, but it would be called back due to holding. The next play Williams would pick up 18 yards on a pass but that would be called back due to holding, the very next play Taylor would throw for the 1st down (2nd and 30) but that would be called back due to holding so we now had a 2nd and 40. A few plays later the interception would be thrown lol.

The defense played lights out all game limiting what NC State could do in the air and pounding QB Wilson for most of the game.

The Hokies look to host CMU next week in Blacksburg.

fsuprime
07-30-2010, 12:32 PM
not advancing tonight, Escobar and I are playing sat night late. becasue we have conflicting schedules

ah ok, any time sunday will probably be ok just let me know when is good for u.

psusnoop
07-30-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm playing tonight, can't wait to take on Iowa.

Oneback
07-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I've got Indiana tonight. Snoop tell me what you think of Iowa I've got some recruits coming in for that game.

Papa LoneStar
07-30-2010, 02:27 PM
I can't wait to kickoff against Southern Cal in about a hour....definitely expect a bigger challenge than Nebraska gave me....especially since it's in LA

JeffHCross
07-30-2010, 02:52 PM
I've got Indiana tonight. Snoop tell me what you think of Iowa I've got some recruits coming in for that game.Snoop, be sure to tell him they're very easy so he overlooks them. :D

fsuprime
07-30-2010, 02:59 PM
lol, i wish i could watch Texas@USC, 3rd person viewing needs to come to ODs, would be awesome. Even if it was time delayed by a minute or so, that is the type of stuff they could incorporate to make the game pay for play (obviously we would want dedicated game/od servers etc... and some other additions) i can dream of the future though :)

also i want to get to week 8, week 7 is my big visit weekend :/

JeffHCross
07-30-2010, 07:01 PM
3rd person viewing would be such a baddddddddddddddddddddddd idea. Unless they actually used a server based MP model, which we'd probably never see anyway.

psusnoop
07-30-2010, 07:03 PM
LOL, I'm just hoping PSU doesn't overlook them like they have these past 10 years. Wait can I even say overlook really?

I'll give some information Oneback, maybe I can knock Stanzi out for awhile.

3rd person viewing would be really cool.

psusnoop
07-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Oneback Iowa was interesting since my starting QB Newsome got knocked out for the game. I was very nervous, but my former Walk On QB did a great job and playing small ball and keeping drives alive.

They were very balanced though I was thinking for sure I was going to lose the ball game when they took the lead in the 4th. It was a heck of a game.

Oneback
07-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I saw the score this morning and got a little worried. I am also worried about MSU now as well.

gschwendt
07-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I saw the score this morning and got a little worried. I am also worried about MSU now as well.
Yeah... they definitely gave me more of a challenge than I expected. My running game was hit or miss against them. I got my yards, but it was hard fought throughout.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 12:32 PM
I am so not looking forward to Week 7 ...

fsuprime
07-31-2010, 04:51 PM
does EEEEE have internet yet?

Oneback
07-31-2010, 06:19 PM
If I don't hear anything from him by 8pm central I am going to put him on Auto-pilot.

psusnoop
07-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Good idea, There are a lot of weeks i'm scared of now. Iowa was a battle, but it was very enjoyable. I've never minded to lose to the CPU (well a little).

Oneback
07-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Oregon is on AutoPilot until we hear something from 'E'. If I don't here anything I guess we will start looking for a replacement.

Kingpin32
07-31-2010, 08:31 PM
I'll get my game in in the next couple of minutes then.

psusnoop
07-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Oneback sounds good, I will be playing my sbcol game tonight then pending time atleast getting my recruiting done tonight. Also don't forget that I have a person of interest for a replacement if you don't have anyone else in mind.

Kingpin32
07-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Damn, LaMichael James is a beast. This Air Force offense is killing my defense right now.

Kingpin32
07-31-2010, 09:48 PM
2 weeks in a row, Tech pulls off some late game heroics and pulls out the victory, 42-38.

fsuprime
07-31-2010, 11:06 PM
i almost did not need to bring my ps3 to michigan lol, glad i did though since it rained this morning.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 11:21 PM
For some reason Rushing Yards don't show on the Team Stats on the Dynasty Wire ... but Kingpin gave up a nice 292 yards on 54 attempts. I'd say our CPU running game is just fine.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 11:30 PM
No sign of Escobar tonight ... sigh, this is only downside to ODs. Just watch ... when everyone else is ready to go is when I'll be getting busy again.

Kingpin32
08-01-2010, 12:06 AM
For some reason Rushing Yards don't show on the Team Stats on the Dynasty Wire ... but Kingpin gave up a nice 292 yards on 54 attempts. I'd say our CPU running game is just fine.

Yeah that is definitely true. LaMichael James run all over me, but that was also because they ran a Flexbone offense. I think the tackling should go up 1 as I missed a lot of tackles with my best player on defense.

Kingpin32
08-01-2010, 12:06 AM
No sign of Escobar tonight ... sigh, this is only downside to ODs. Just watch ... when everyone else is ready to go is when I'll be getting busy again.

I thought him and Tex was supposed to play tonight?

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah that is definitely true. LaMichael James run all over me, but that was also because they ran a Flexbone offense. I think the tackling should go up 1 as I missed a lot of tackles with my best player on defense.Heh. I ran a Flexbone offense in a offline Dynasty game earlier tonight. USC (basically) against Arkansas. Despite having a drastic talent advantage, I couldn't run worth crap. Ended up getting the 300+ yards passing with the Option trophy, because I couldn't move the ball effectively otherwise.

It's very weird, I ran the Flexbone a lot last year but couldn't find the holes today.

Kingpin32
08-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Heh. I ran a Flexbone offense in a offline Dynasty game earlier tonight. USC (basically) against Arkansas. Despite having a drastic talent advantage, I couldn't run worth crap. Ended up getting the 300+ yards passing with the Option trophy, because I couldn't move the ball effectively otherwise.

It's very weird, I ran the Flexbone a lot last year but couldn't find the holes today.

I played with the Flexbone offense in an offline dynasty last year, and had moderate success with it. I've yet to run it in a game this year, but after seeing it being used like that, it's amazing not many other people use it.

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
I played with the Flexbone offense in an offline dynasty last year, and had moderate success with it. I've yet to run it in a game this year, but after seeing it being used like that, it's amazing not many other people use it.It's horribly difficult to recruit for, for one thing. You almost have to luck into it. And once you go down that route, you absolutely have to commit to it as your primary offense. A FB that is the B-Back in a Flexbone is rarely useful as a regular fullback, especially in pass protection. The Air Force playbook is good that it allows you to run multiple different kinds of offenses, so it's not quite as much of a commitment, but that is one reason, I think, why more people don't use it.

Plus, as I found out last year, a lot of people don't actually understand the Flexbone. It seems like if you didn't run an option offense in high school (as my team did), then you haven't been exposed to it enough to actually understand it.

texacotea
08-01-2010, 08:35 AM
we were supposed to play but he lives an extravagant life that leads to the wee hrs of the night and my married self cant hang. supposed to play tonight @8:30 est. if this doesnt happne Id say sim it because its holding everything up

Papa LoneStar
08-01-2010, 08:52 AM
lol @ the first part

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 12:25 PM
we were supposed to play but he lives an extravagant life that leads to the wee hrs of the night and my married self cant hang. supposed to play tonight @8:30 est. if this doesnt happne Id say sim it because its holding everything upPersonally, I don't mind waiting. What I was commenting on was that Murphy's Law, or some variation of it (Kiniry's Law?) dictates that since right now I have nothing better to do but we're waiting on you guys, at some point in the future you're all going to be waiting on me because I'll get heinously busy.

psusnoop
08-01-2010, 04:37 PM
LOL Tex, I'm married with two kids 4 and 2. Once it hits midnight my butt needs to be close to a place to crash.