PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty Update - July 29

cdj
07-29-2010, 05:16 PM
An update from Russ Kiniry (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1497618.page):

Hi NCAA Fans,

We deployed a fix today (about 11am eastern) for some people who were having trouble getting into their dynasty if they experienced a specific error. When they later tried to download their dynasty, they would get a “Transfer Failed” message. If anyone is still having errors getting into their dynasty after this update, please post your gamertag and dynasty name in this thread. Total downtime is estimated to be one hour. We are sorry for the inconvenience to those wanting to play online this morning, but these fixes will help everyone’s experience in the long run.

NEW INFO (from late this afternoon):

We've found that the fix worked for a number of Dynasties, but not for all of them. We are investigating how to fix the remaining Dynasties but I don't have a time frame yet.

Our suggestion would be if you don't want to wait is to use the latest Save you have of your Dynasty and rehost it (or have someone in your Dynasty do the same and transfer Commish status back to you). We understand this isn't ideal and are working on a true fix as soon as possible.

-NCAA Football Team

JeffHCross
07-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Our suggestion would be if you don't want to wait is to use the latest Save you have of your Dynasty and rehost itI was under the impression this was distinctly not possible this year, because of the removal of Save Offline Copy. Can you use the copy downloaded to your console as a way to start a new Online Dynasty?

psusnoop
07-30-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm with Jeff, I didn't think this was possible. Any clarification on this CDJ?

ebin
07-30-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm with Jeff, I didn't think this was possible. Any clarification on this CDJ?

Ditto. I'm confused. :dunno:

cdj
07-31-2010, 02:54 AM
I'll see if we can find out anything. I'm fairly certain they'll let us know when they cover the first Live Tuning update next week.

psusnoop
07-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Cool, thanks cdj.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I definitely think someone misspoke there. There is no option for creating a new Online Dynasty from anything other than scratch.

Rudy
07-31-2010, 01:04 PM
The removal of saving as an offline dynasty was probably done to try and keep people from quiting ODs since the average length of one was only 1 month. But the removal of that option made me decide to stick to a traditional offline dynasty as I didn't want to deal with the server issues.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
The removal of saving as an offline dynasty was probably doneas a workaround to prevent people from saving an offline copy and simming to the end of the season to find out pitches, or other methods of, for better or worse, cheating.

psusnoop
07-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Agreed it was abused I'm sure so I like that they removed that feature, just wish there would be another way to "save" the dynasty by atleast the commish of the league. Sure he could cheat, but it would be pretty obvisous if that were to happen.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Well, if you could at least load up another Online Dynasty based off the local save, that would serve both purposes. Practically no one is going to start their own copy of an online dynasty just to cheat (I say 'practically'), but you'd still have a backup in case of disaster.

psusnoop
07-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Very true, there were options out there instead of not having anything as a backup.