PDA

View Full Version : Flexbone Update?

Rcktfan916
06-24-2013, 01:43 PM
So I know that the option in general got a facelift, and I've seen some of the new plays in the demo, but have we heard if the flexbone or any of the true triple option formations received any attention?

RussellW65
06-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Great question my fellow Flexer. I am dying to know if it has been updated at all. Wish we knew.
From what I saw from the Army/Navy video looks like they might have added some Pistol.

gschwendt
06-25-2013, 08:31 AM
I don't know any specifics but my assumption is that there are no new plays. I fully expect it to run better based on changes to blocking and such but I wouldn't expect any new toys out of it.

RussellW65
06-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't know any specifics but my assumption is that there are no new plays. I fully expect it to run better based on changes to blocking and such but I wouldn't expect any new toys out of it.

If they just add Pistol Flexbone I will be happy

FanoftheGame101
07-03-2013, 12:30 PM
I would love to run the flexbone this year. However, I have two big issues. One being I don't know if I will have time or enough friends list players to be able to steer away from online ranked. Which means run commit. If its anything like it was in 13 which from the demo I think its similar, it makes the under center run offense a pain. Especially against users who are smart enough to mix up run commit and keep you in fear of it the whole game.

The next issue is I love to use unbalanced sets to gain numbers advantage against the defense. The problem with the flexbone is I can't flip plays from unbalanced sets. Some of it because you just don't have a wing back to each side so you can't flip a triple option play.

But a lot of the time you get locked into going into one direction and hoping you guessed right prior to calling the play, or you could end up running into the teeth of the defense.

RussellW65
07-04-2013, 09:37 AM
I would love to run the flexbone this year. However, I have two big issues. One being I don't know if I will have time or enough friends list players to be able to steer away from online ranked. Which means run commit. If its anything like it was in 13 which from the demo I think its similar, it makes the under center run offense a pain. Especially against users who are smart enough to mix up run commit and keep you in fear of it the whole game.

The next issue is I love to use unbalanced sets to gain numbers advantage against the defense. The problem with the flexbone is I can't flip plays from unbalanced sets. Some of it because you just don't have a wing back to each side so you can't flip a triple option play.

But a lot of the time you get locked into going into one direction and hoping you guessed right prior to calling the play, or you could end up running into the teeth of the defense.

I understand what you are saying regarding the unbalanced sets but the Flexbone is based on balance. If you stay in the regular sets most of the time and use Formation audibles you can attack the defense where you have them outnumbered. Love the Flexbone but there are limits to it. OTOH it has advantages other offenses don't so you have to adjust.

I am probably a little different when it comes to running the Flexbone in the fact I throw the ball 20 times a game. Doing that keeps the defense from overloading the box---passing helps the running, running helps the passing.

FanoftheGame101
07-04-2013, 11:38 AM
I understand what you are saying regarding the unbalanced sets but the Flexbone is based on balance. If you stay in the regular sets most of the time and use Formation audibles you can attack the defense where you have them outnumbered. Love the Flexbone but there are limits to it. OTOH it has advantages other offenses don't so you have to adjust.

I am probably a little different when it comes to running the Flexbone in the fact I throw the ball 20 times a game. Doing that keeps the defense from overloading the box---passing helps the running, running helps the passing.

I love the fact that the flexbone normal formation with wing back motion always give you a 1/2 man avantage playside.

I just feel like when I play the game I just end up staying in flexbone normal the whole game running the same plays over and over. I guess that not to bad and I could mix up flexbone close, and some of the heavier balanced sets Maybe I'll try.

Its just online ranked and run committing can make that offense a complete nightmare to run. But that's any run heavy offense.

RussellW65
07-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I love the fact that the flexbone normal formation with wing back motion always give you a 1/2 man avantage playside.

I just feel like when I play the game I just end up staying in flexbone normal the whole game running the same plays over and over. I guess that not to bad and I could mix up flexbone close, and some of the heavier balanced sets Maybe I'll try.

Its just online ranked and run committing can make that offense a complete nightmare to run. But that's any run heavy offense.

I think what get's lost with the Flexbone sometimes is that yes it is a 4 RB formation but it is also a 4 WR formation. have always felt if I have 4 WR's why not use them? If you do throw it will keep the box manageable. But as for your earlier post about running unbalanced sets, you can do that in the Flexbone. Use the Twins Over set and have your formation audibles set to run option either way. And you can always add the Wingbone and Wishbone to give different looks

RussellW65
07-04-2013, 12:29 PM
The one problem play I have is the Trap Option. I have a horrible time getting that play to work

Volsman7
07-04-2013, 06:46 PM
EA said they spent a lot of time studying Air Force, so I would expect the Flex to be closer to real life as in more carries for the FB. I just hope the the Defense responds in kind and allows outside runs to be set up properly; either way I am excited to find tomorrow.

Justin66
07-06-2013, 10:00 PM
They added a midline triple option in navys playbook. The midline its self is better its just a lot harder to run the option undercenter it seems like.

RussellW65
07-06-2013, 10:02 PM
There are a couple of threads with people answering questions about the game and so far nobody has answered the Flexbone questions. probably means there are no updates or additions. After watching the Navy video from E3 I was hoping for maybe some Pistol Flexbone but looks like no dice.

RussellW65
07-06-2013, 10:03 PM
They added a midline triple option in navys playbook. The midline its self is better its just a lot harder to run the option undercenter it seems like.

They had a midline type play last year with the QB/FB Option. Are you saying they now have added the option to that play?

johntom2000
07-06-2013, 10:17 PM
There are a couple of threads with people answering questions about the game and so far nobody has answered the Flexbone questions. probably means there are no updates or additions. After watching the Navy video from E3 I was hoping for maybe some Pistol Flexbone but looks like no dice.

Just got confirmed at OS that they are 2 pistol flexbone formations in ncaa 14!

RussellW65
07-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Just got confirmed at OS that they are 2 pistol flexbone formations in ncaa 14!

Yea saw some video. Go to the Retail Photo and Video thread.

Justin66
07-07-2013, 09:06 AM
They had a midline type play last year with the QB/FB Option. Are you saying they now have added the option to that play?

Yes its just like the triple option you just read the 3 tech. Or the 5 tech in a odd front.

RussellW65
07-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Yes its just like the triple option you just read the 3 tech. Or the 5 tech in a odd front.

Do you remember what it is called? I don't remember seeing it in the videos.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-07-2013, 09:43 AM
it will be under pistol as pistol flexbone

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

The Knee
07-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Do you remember what it is called? I don't remember seeing it in the videos.

Midline triple

Rcktfan916
07-07-2013, 08:36 PM
I saw that there was a midline zone read in VT'd book and you read the DT, I'm just hoping that all the blocking is correct in the flex this year. Even though they didn't add any new plays, I just hope the plays actually work this year.

The Knee
07-07-2013, 08:56 PM
No new plays but it all feels new. The blocking is so different. The fb trap is very good. The pulling linemen do a much better job. U can use the new burst to get outtside much easier on tosses which I never used before. The wb dives work. The midlines are blocked much better and both the back and qb are both running options now. Speed sweeps are very viable and not just when u cut up early. All of the passes are much better and even the option passes work pretty good. I cant say its all correct or even that I will like in long term but just being different and all plays working its much more fun. I havent had success with the flex and wingbone counter. Thats all though. I find options into the twins or trips sides are too cluttered most of time for any good gain. I didnt take a single run play outta my flexbone playbook after a few hours in practice except counter and two passes. They seemed to fix the bad animation on roll outs to the qbs off hand which helps timing a lot on olayaction from these sets.

RussellW65
07-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Aren't the Speed Options with the FB going the other way new? I don't remember the false key being in other than WB Toss.

RussellW65
07-08-2013, 07:52 PM
The one problem I have with my NCAA game in Flexbone is the Trap Option. So how do you all handle the Trap Option? Do you predetermine handoff/option? Do you read it and if so how?

Ligerborn
07-09-2013, 01:16 PM
there are two new plays in flexbone normal Midline Triple and Tr Option Pass
You can see them both in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R8anCXktNM

Midline Triple at 25:44
Tr Option Pass at 26:09

Also the Pistol Formation have 2 Flexbone sets, Slot and Trips can see them at 47:00

And not sure on this one but this year the wishbone sets the HBs are in 3 point stance and look to be closer to the LOS than I remember them in a 2 point stance. You can see that in the army - navy video.

also I looks like in the Trips Left Set the Slot Corner route is now a true Corner instead of a Post Corner. So gives us a Smash play out of Trips again. Will know more when I get off work and get to play the game.

Rcktfan916
07-09-2013, 08:32 PM
No new plays but it all feels new. The blocking is so different. The fb trap is very good. The pulling linemen do a much better job. U can use the new burst to get outtside much easier on tosses which I never used before. The wb dives work. The midlines are blocked much better and both the back and qb are both running options now. Speed sweeps are very viable and not just when u cut up early. All of the passes are much better and even the option passes work pretty good. I cant say its all correct or even that I will like in long term but just being different and all plays working its much more fun. I havent had success with the flex and wingbone counter. Thats all though. I find options into the twins or trips sides are too cluttered most of time for any good gain. I didnt take a single run play outta my flexbone playbook after a few hours in practice except counter and two passes. They seemed to fix the bad animation on roll outs to the qbs off hand which helps timing a lot on olayaction from these sets.

How are the WB tosses this year? Are they actual tosses or just handoff extensions like 13?

RussellW65
07-09-2013, 09:28 PM
The flexbone is sweet. The read happens really fast so you have to be ready to read like now. The WB Tosses are true tosses. Speed Sweeps can be taken to the outside instead of always cutting it up. Trap Option is a good play this year.
Not ready to start my dynasty have to keep repping

RussellW65
07-09-2013, 09:29 PM

My Counters work really well. Just can't overuse them. Popped one for a 40 yard TD run.

RussellW65
07-10-2013, 05:13 PM
So I began building my CPB today and this is what I have so far (still being built):
FLEXBONE--all formations except one Trips set and one Slot set
PISTOL FLEXBONE
WINGBONE
SHOTGUN SPREAD OFFSET--if you have heard about football coach Tony DeMeo this really looks like his Shotgun Triple offense (Once season starts the WR's in slots will be replaced by RB's)
SHOTGUN F OVER TWINS
WISHBONE

RussellW65
07-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Have you notice that plays. Like the speed sweep out of the flexbone normal you can't run it flipped.

I saw where you mentioned this before and I had to think. I haven't noticed it but I will check on it here in a bit.
When you say it doesn't work when flipped do you mean the AI won't let you flip it or the play gets blown up when flipped?

Be back with what I find.

EDIT: I see what you mean but I found that almost every play in non-flappable. Is that a word? I think the reason is almost every play has a predetermined, presnap motion so it makes flipping impossible.

johntom2000
07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Have you notice that plays. Like the speed sweep out of the flexbone normal you can't run it flipped. An triple option passes only can be ran on the wide side of the field.

johntom2000
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
I saw where you mentioned this before and I had to think. I haven't noticed it but I will check on it here in a bit.
When you say it doesn't work when flipped do you mean the AI won't let you flip it or the play gets blown up when flipped?

Be back with what I find.

EDIT: I see what you mean but I found that almost every play in non-flappable. Is that a word? I think the reason is almost every play has a predetermined, presnap motion so it makes flipping impossible.

You on ps3? If you or we can play a game actually show you what I am talking about.

RussellW65
07-10-2013, 11:19 PM
You on ps3? If you or we can play a game actually show you what I am talking about.

Sorry I am on XBOX. Try this, run a FB Sting (no motion run) and flip it and see if it works. Then try a play with automatic motion and I bet it want flip. I think the automatic motion is the problem=

johntom2000
07-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Sorry I am on XBOX. Try this, run a FB Sting (no motion run) and flip it and see if it works. Then try a play with automatic motion and I bet it want flip. I think the automatic motion is the problem=

ya, alot of the auto motion plays is the problem.

RussellW65
07-11-2013, 10:05 AM
ya, alot of the auto motion plays is the problem.

Thought so. Only thing you can do is make sure you have plays going either way in formation audibles.

I had to drop the SHOTGUN F OVER TWINS from my playbook because I just didn't have the room. Might adapt later. Use WISHBONE TIGHT and FLEXBONE TIGHT for my goalline

Ligerborn
07-11-2013, 07:06 PM
on 360 AA level here, but I havent had any issues with flipping plays in flexbone sets. wingbone yeah had issues with the speed sweep, hb counter, and I dont like that they have froze the pitch man where you cant motion them.

I have had the line blow up a flipped WB Dive in Normal a couple times and one of the load options in Close is farked up.

Oh I use Speed Sweep WK so maybe something is borked with the one that is to the strong side.

I havent see any issues with the Option Passes either....

The fact that option routes (Run n Shoot 60 Go/Choice) can be flipped and not screw up along is HUGE!!!

but by and Large have had no issues with it. I run the game on very slow and have he speed differential set to 50. also I am playing using the coordinator cam.

My custom playbook is in stage 2 for the happiest Shootbone offense I have had in a long while.

Base is Eastern Michigan's cause its the one back one I was able to get to work in formation order I wanted.
Flexbone - Normal, Trips Left & Right, Tackle Over
Ace - Spread, Trips 4Wr
Pistol - Spread, Flexbone Trips, Trips 4Wr
Shotty - Spread, Spread HB Wk, Spread Offset, Trips, Trips HB Wk, Split Y Offset, Split Slot, F Twins Over.
Running about 150 plays.

johntom2000
07-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Well I just spent 2 hours working on my custom PB and some how I got I-form Triple Option Pass which I thought was sweet btw. The formation audblies having to save and go see what you have to take out to hoping to get the plays you want is a real pain. My is basically done. You know its bad when you got a notebook writting down notes. As for the flexbone, I think when go no huddle with it from a different formation to the Flexbone the alignment is wrong but, when I pick it from a normal play I dont have that much trouble with it. I hope they patch this with patch #2 but I doubt it. They are so many broken plays this year. Its sad to pay $60+ for half done plays and features. :smh:

Ligerborn
07-12-2013, 11:25 AM
I tried some no huddle last night, and yeah things do get messed a bit, not sure why but yeah it the A backs dont line up right, and make some plays borked. But under normal huddle I have been fine, well except for wingbone, way too much crap not to my liking in those sets. and sadly Wishbone Wide is too limited. so under further refinement.

Hopefully I can get some sort of a playbook put together to share. waiting on Oneback to get his new site up.

Rcktfan916
07-12-2013, 09:00 PM
I tried some no huddle last night, and yeah things do get messed a bit, not sure why but yeah it the A backs dont line up right, and make some plays borked. But under normal huddle I have been fine, well except for wingbone, way too much crap not to my liking in those sets. and sadly Wishbone Wide is too limited. so under further refinement.

Hopefully I can get some sort of a playbook put together to share. waiting on Oneback to get his new site up.
Havent gotten to play yet, but how are the pistol flexbone sets? Do they add anything to the mix?

Ligerborn
07-12-2013, 09:20 PM
yeah they do, I am not a fan of the Slot sets, in flexbone or the pistol version...

I like either a trips set or a balanced set where flipping usually goes unnoticed. I'm in a balanced set 80% of the time so off that I wished they had done a Normal Pistol Flexbone.

Saying that I use the Trips set quite a bit, I like the plays a lot, all are pretty useable. My fav is the 4 verts where i can hot route to go, choice or a flat route Slide play. and in the right situation, the triple and the shovel can be deadly. about the only play I havent used much is the inside Zone with the A back blockin the backside. as you cant flip it.

All in all enjoying the game a lot something I havent been able to say in a good number of years.

johntom2000
07-13-2013, 07:42 AM

Finally somebody else see what I see when it coming to running the flexbone.

Ligerborn
07-13-2013, 10:19 AM
ok after some more labbing I figured out why sometimes the automotion running plays arent working, at least I found a consistent reason.

if you flip a automotion running play, doesnt matter the set, flexbone ace, gun, pistol, mamma's carriage...

and then user(keeping it reversed button + RT in 360 not sure what it is in ps3) or formation audible, it will borke up. FOr us flexbone users that have a play like the WB lead as our formation run audible, thats super bad karma.

but you can correct this if you are in a truly balanced set. Flexbone Normal, Wishbone Wide, I.e on a flipped play no one moves. before you select you flipped audible, simply flip you initial play back its right direction and then do your flipped audible. A pain in the ass I know, but the flipped play worked every time, and I havent had any the Flexbone Normal plays borke up when either called initially flipped or changed via audible this way.

Wingbone sets yeah Borked to high hell as they are not balanced. but honestly EA has them so bantam weighted they are about as much run to use as swatting at flies with tiny fly swatters.

still a fun game just have to figure out its quirks never been a football game that I havent had to figure out answers to its flaws. Prolly never will be, too many variables in the coding to deal with to many variables.

Ligerborn
07-13-2013, 04:59 PM
ok Wingbone WB Misdirection is totally buggered, when they changed the HB alignment to fit with the wishbone wide one, they neglected to change the auto motion of the wing back, and so now... yeah your wingback bumps into your HB every damn time. but they fixed the I form and wishbone so they work with flexbone and wingbone now the FB is where he should be when you audible around the sets. which helps a bunch. those folks that want to use a TE based option offense can use all the sets in I, Mary, Power, Flex, Wing and Wish.

I have also gone to using the personnel grouping way to call plays as it gives me my three groupings 10, 20, 30 without an issue, and the formations are in a logical order.

Rcktfan916
07-15-2013, 03:53 PM
I played with Army last night and had no problem running the misdirection or the counter from any of the wingbone formations.

Ligerborn
07-16-2013, 08:19 AM
are you audibling to them? or calling them from the huddle? are you audibling from say flexbone normal to them, when you do that for me they get really stupid, and the Split Wing version seem to be ok.

The main problems I have had are with the Normal versions, total borkage, using different teams, using different game and run threshold speeds, unless I call them in the huddle.

I mean I can see it might be user to user depending on personnel and how you employ them, but they sure didnt work for me, in my system that relies heavily on audibling into the formation and play more than straight calling it.

aspengc8
07-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Hey guys, just signed up. It seems the flexbone blocking is a bit better this year, which makes me happy. Being an Army fan, I use them exclusively and am working on a customer PB. I noticed some bugs with some of the wingbone plays, specifically:

Wingbone normal - triple opt weak
Wingbone trips over - triplw opt cntr
Wingbone split x - triple opt weak

These plays all do NOT have a read for the B back. The blocking picks up everyone and only gives you a pitch read. Not sure why, I thought maybe it was just a error and the DE would be unblocked, maybe just not showing the <R> icon over his head. Turns out everyone on the Dline is blocked, no dive read at all. Pretty much the Dline strings the play out since you can't really cut up.

Can someone else double check to confirm? I tried vs every possible front in practice mode.

Escobar
07-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Wingbone split x - triple opt weak
Can someone else double check to confirm? I tried vs every possible front in practice mode.

This also happens to me every time I call it. I thought they designed it like that, because when I ran it last year I pretty much never had to give it to the FB.

Cap10 Morgan
07-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Finally got to play a little with the flex. Midline just went from my setup play like it was last year, to my homerun play! WOW! I stopped using it against the CPU because it started to feel cheesy after multiple 80 yard runs. Is this the case for everyone, or was it just luck, settings, or who I was playing, etc? (I think this was with FSU dynasty game vs Pitt and NUT with starter team, which I think was on varsity for the solo challenge... so that might have made things easier)

RussellW65
07-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Having a tough time running the FB. The DE is almost always crashing down so my FB does not get much work inside.
Also Speed and Load options out of Flex rarely work. The penetration from the DE leaves my QB with nowhere to run

Ligerborn
07-20-2013, 09:39 AM
use the FB Dive, Trap, Sting and Draw to get him more touches. you run those a few times then the De crashes less on the triples.

the Speed and Loads yeah not as much luck though I have a bit more with the load str since its a misdirection/constraint play.

RussellW65
07-20-2013, 09:44 AM
use the FB Dive, Trap, Sting and Draw to get him more touches. you run those a few times then the De crashes less on the triples.

the Speed and Loads yeah not as much luck though I have a bit more with the load str since its a misdirection/constraint play.

Thanks for the advice. I really need to use my FB more so this should help

Ligerborn
07-21-2013, 01:56 PM
and remember you can motion the slots in FB Sting so you can in head to head games mess with the D by motioning the playside Slot. giving you another misdirection play.

I used it to good success last night against a buddy. (non Online, dual screens though)

I have my offense whittled to what I want. A whole lot of what will work nope that sucked, but haven't changed my playbook for 5 days now. And the base offense has been in place for 8. I I will get to finishing up the writeup this week.

RussellW65
07-23-2013, 09:02 AM
My team is 2-6 because my defense cannot stop anybody but using my Spread Bone, Flexbone based offense, is #2 rushing in the NCAA. My offense moves the ball but turnovers at the worst times kill me, that and an inconsistent kicker.

I use the Flexbone as my primary offense, Wingbone, Wishbone, Pistol Flexbone and a couple of Shotgun sets.

BTW, is there a good Shotgun Trips formation for running options?

Ligerborn
07-23-2013, 11:21 AM
by trips do you mean 4 wr trips? nope... they by and large suck, there is some motion plays for triple but the automotion is retarded looking and the one with good rocket motion doesnt have another plays make the D not guess the play.

now in Trips and Trio with a TE there are some motion triple option, but still to me too limited compared to Spread Offset and Spread Flex.

johntom2000
07-24-2013, 12:46 AM
My team is 2-6 because my defense cannot stop anybody but using my Spread Bone, Flexbone based offense, is #2 rushing in the NCAA. My offense moves the ball but turnovers at the worst times kill me, that and an inconsistent kicker.

I use the Flexbone as my primary offense, Wingbone, Wishbone, Pistol Flexbone and a couple of Shotgun sets.

BTW, is there a good Shotgun Trips formation for running options?

I use split offset its a beast! Plus you have to two backs plus If you got a mobile QB. You have a three headed rushing attack.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-24-2013, 08:55 AM
trips offset... and trio offset... both have the good inside trap play along with solid triple options

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

RussellW65
07-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the Shotgun Trips suggestions guys. I will look into them.

uf83198
07-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I use split offset its a beast! Plus you have to books plus If you got a mobile QB. You have a three headed rushing attack.

THIS!

I posted this in another thread and nobody really commented on it "IMO, SG Split Y Offset is (one of) the best Shotgun run formations in NCAA 14"

Its really tuff to stop and has some good PA plays as well

RussellW65
07-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Finished my first season as HC of Teambuilder Georgia Southern with a 3-9 record. Finished 2nd in the NCAA in rushing. Main problem was defense and turnovers. Did have a recruiting class rated 61st in the NCAA though so talent upgrade.

RussellW65
07-24-2013, 01:29 PM
THIS!

I posted this in another thread and nobody really commented on it "IMO, SG Split Y Offset is (one of) the best Shotgun run formations in NCAA 14"

ITA. It is great. I use it and SG Spread OFFSET in my Flexbone-driven offense. I use my FB in the place of my TE

johntom2000
07-25-2013, 03:59 AM
THIS!

LOL I had to edit my orginal comment when I saw books instead of backs. I will have to look at this. I saw you put this before. I like the offset because the RB's are one step foward then the QB. Making it a quicker handoff.

ITA. It is great. I use it and SG Spread OFFSET in my Flexbone-driven offense. I use my FB in the place of my TE

I do this If I have a good fast TE. Plus I use HB Slot for jetsweeps/motion option plays.

RussellW65
07-25-2013, 09:27 PM
I have found that WB Toss works better this year than the Speed Sweep does, last year was just the opposite.
I was having trouble with quick pressure off the end but now when I see it I audible to WB Dive.
I usually try to throw about 20 times a game but my QB and WR's are just not any good passing so I am back to pounding the rock and throwing 10-15 times.

Tako 715
07-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Played my first game running flexbone option GT v Georgia. Struggled against the 3-4. The pitch read can be a little quick. In 2nd half it was much easier to run out of the 3 WR sets. The pitch read man was at the 2nd level and I started gouging the CPU. Pistol flexbone was especially deadly.

I also noticed that speed option out of wingbone is easier to run then flexbone. The FB blocks to the play side in wingbone. Can you audible the FB to block play side on run plays? Don't know why they changed it this year.

RussellW65
07-26-2013, 06:11 PM
I also noticed that speed option out of wingbone is easier to run then flexbone. The FB blocks to the play side in wingbone. Can you audible the FB to block play side on run plays? Don't know why they changed it this year.

No you can't but there are speed options with the FB leading strong side that are killer

RussellW65
07-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Okay Flexers let's talk the passing game. Yea I know PASS is a four letter word and as great as the options are there are times that throwing becomes a must so I was curious what are you using in those circumstances? I use Flexbone R&S package, 4 Verts (in most of my formation packages), Curl/Flair what are you using for when you HAVE to throw?
My best PA pass out of Flexbone is SWITCH

Rcktfan916
07-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Okay Flexers let's talk the passing game. Yea I know PASS is a four letter word and as great as the options are there are times that throwing becomes a must so I was curious what are you using in those circumstances? I use Flexbone R&S package, 4 Verts (in most of my formation packages), Curl/Flair what are you using for when you HAVE to throw?
My best PA pass out of Flexbone is SWITCH
I use the RnS routes, and use hot routes to create air raid concepts.

RussellW65
07-28-2013, 02:49 PM
I use the RnS routes, and use hot routes to create air raid concepts.

I have tried to do this but they never seem to be right. Would love to read what you do

Rcktfan916
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I have tried to do this but they never seem to be right. Would love to read what you do
I don't really have a write up, I just use hot routes and make mesh and shallow cross and stick plays. I really like to incorporate a few air raid routes with the RnS routes. A lot is done by feel, just using hot routes to attack the gaps I see pre-snap. And if they are playing man tight, someone is getting sent deep. Also on smash, I like to drag the outside man (the one running the little hitch)back into the formation. In trips i like to attack 3 different areas, ie inside man runs a dig, middle man runs a streak or hitch and outside man runs an out. Basically attacking left, middle and right side, trying to use the triangle concept. My best advise is to go into play now choose navy vs navy because they have the most flexbone forms and just keep playing offense for both sides, doing nothing but passing, just to get some practice against whatever D the CPU might throw at you.

RussellW65
07-29-2013, 09:33 PM
I don't really have a write up, I just use hot routes and make mesh and shallow cross and stick plays. I really like to incorporate a few air raid routes with the RnS routes. A lot is done by feel, just using hot routes to attack the gaps I see pre-snap. And if they are playing man tight, someone is getting sent deep. Also on smash, I like to drag the outside man (the one running the little hitch)back into the formation. In trips i like to attack 3 different areas, ie inside man runs a dig, middle man runs a streak or hitch and outside man runs an out. Basically attacking left, middle and right side, trying to use the triangle concept. My best advise is to go into play now choose navy vs navy because they have the most flexbone forms and just keep playing offense for both sides, doing nothing but passing, just to get some practice against whatever D the CPU might throw at you.

I will have to try this. My 3 favorite passes are Mesh, Drive and Spot. If I can find a way to make these happen I will be in good shape

aspengc8
07-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Played my first game running flexbone option GT v Georgia. Struggled against the 3-4. The pitch read can be a little quick. In 2nd half it was much easier to run out of the 3 WR sets. The pitch read man was at the 2nd level and I started gouging the CPU. Pistol flexbone was especially deadly.

I run way more QB midline vs 3-4/odd fronts. You want to get him to start pinching his line down, or running 3-4 solid. Then your triple dive read becomes the OLB and pitch read is usually the FS/SS. When they are in a normal 3-4 front the dive & pitch read happen so fast, any lag or delay your QB is getting nailed, especially if his coaching strat is set to crash on the QB. That OLB will pop you.

RussellW65
07-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Just had a game with 3 100-yard rushers and another with 85 yds. Needless to say we won.

Atm
08-09-2013, 04:01 AM
ok after some more labbing I figured out why sometimes the automotion running plays arent working, at least I found a consistent reason.

if you flip a automotion running play, doesnt matter the set, flexbone ace, gun, pistol, mamma's carriage...

and then user(keeping it reversed button + RT in 360 not sure what it is in ps3) or formation audible, it will borke up. FOr us flexbone users that have a play like the WB lead as our formation run audible, thats super bad karma.

but you can correct this if you are in a truly balanced set. Flexbone Normal, Wishbone Wide, I.e on a flipped play no one moves. before you select you flipped audible, simply flip you initial play back its right direction and then do your flipped audible. A pain in the ass I know, but the flipped play worked every time, and I havent had any the Flexbone Normal plays borke up when either called initially flipped or changed via audible this way.

Wingbone sets yeah Borked to high hell as they are not balanced. but honestly EA has them so bantam weighted they are about as much run to use as swatting at flies with tiny fly swatters.

still a fun game just have to figure out its quirks never been a football game that I havent had to figure out answers to its flaws. Prolly never will be, too many variables in the coding to deal with to many variables.

I am completely confused on your explanation

RussellW65
08-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Is it just me or is the further along you get into your dynasty the harder it becomes to run the option? I am currently in Year 4 of my dynasty and the defense seems to be defensing the option better. I have a friend that is running a Nebraska Tom Osbourne era I Option and he is saying the same thing. Any of you guys experiencing the same thing

Rcktfan916
08-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Ok I'm loving the flexbone, now that I have my playbook, and sliders where I want them, but I am so hoping they patch the issue that causes the camera to pan out on some WB sweep plays, and the flexbone no huddle issue. I know they patched last years no huddle issue so here's hoping they manage to fix this years issue as well.

pahsfootballrulez
08-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Hey guys. Haven't bought the game yet. Waiting to see what happens after the first patch. Do you think it's viable to run a misdirection based offense out of the flex/wing formations. I would use only sweeps, tosses, dives, traps, stings, WB misdirection and the occasional midline. Can I do this and still run most of the time? Basically, I'm trying to create a Wing T esque offense but I would like to stay away from shotgun if at all possible.

Rcktfan916
08-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey guys. Haven't bought the game yet. Waiting to see what happens after the first patch. Do you think it's viable to run a misdirection based offense out of the flex/wing formations. I would use only sweeps, tosses, dives, traps, stings, WB misdirection and the occasional midline. Can I do this and still run most of the time? Basically, I'm trying to create a Wing T esque offense but I would like to stay away from shotgun if at all possible.
I think so, everything really works well this year in the flex. I can usually get through at game with AF, Army or navy with only having about 5-10 passes a game. I think the only play that is questionable this year in the option sets are the speed options, they really depend on the D's formation. But dives, sweeps, and misdirection a are pretty workable, and tosses as long as you run them at the right time can be big too.

pahsfootballrulez
08-20-2013, 02:00 PM
I think so, everything really works well this year in the flex. I can usually get through at game with AF, Army or navy with only having about 5-10 passes a game. I think the only play that is questionable this year in the option sets are the speed options, they really depend on the D's formation. But dives, sweeps, and misdirection a are pretty workable, and tosses as long as you run them at the right time can be big too.

Awesome. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

RussellW65
08-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Having trouble getting the Speed Sweeps to work. DE seems to penetrate upfield everytime so RB has to cut it up right into traffic.

If anyone is having trouble with running option because of quick pressure on QB I have found putting a TE in aslows that up and gives you a chance

Rcktfan916
08-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Anyone seeing any difference in the different types of plays? ie speed sweep, speeds weep wk, toss , toss wk, TO Str, TO, TO Cntr Wk? I know in the past they haven't buy now that plays are blocked correctly I was just curious what other were seeing. If these are all esssently the same I could really trim my playbook.

RussellW65
08-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Anyone seeing any difference in the different types of plays? ie speed sweep, speeds weep wk, toss , toss wk, TO Str, TO, TO Cntr Wk? I know in the past they haven't buy now that plays are blocked correctly I was just curious what other were seeing. If these are all esssently the same I could really trim my playbook.

I haven't seen much of a difference really. There are a few opt. that don't allow a FB handoff and some Speed Options that are blocked FB away or playside but beyond that I haven't noticed anything

pahsfootballrulez
09-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Anyone noticing that their RB's are stopping on tosses and option pitches when they catch the ball and then move like they are in molasses? I noticed it when I started a dynasty with Air Force. Has anyone noticed these issues after the patch or I wonder if it's my sliders? Also, my qb is awful at tossing the ball on Rocket out of the flex and wing.

RussellW65
09-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Anyone noticing that their RB's are stopping on tosses and option pitches when they catch the ball and then move like they are in molasses? I noticed it when I started a dynasty with Air Force. Has anyone noticed these issues after the patch or I wonder if it's my sliders? Also, my qb is awful at tossing the ball on Rocket out of the flex and wing.

I have seen it happen occasionally but not too often. As for the pitch of Rocket, make sure you don't start moving the QB too soon because that will throw things off.

I wonder why they did not add Pistol Flexbone Normal? They added it in Trips and Slot but not normal. And now we will never get it

Tako 715
09-30-2013, 12:10 PM
I took my Flexbone game online last week and I'm fairing pretty well. I'm 9-2 so far. That's with mostly GT and a couple games with Ohio St (Pretty good talent for the flex).

One thing I've had to avoid is no huddle. The plays are buggy and leads to loss in yardage or fumbles. Also, on non option plays, it seems to be beneficial to not move until the RB has it to avoid missing handoffs.

All in All, enjoying the Flexbone experience.

pahsfootballrulez
10-13-2013, 07:28 PM
I have seen it happen occasionally but not too often. As for the pitch of Rocket, make sure you don't start moving the QB too soon because that will throw things off.

I wonder why they did not add Pistol Flexbone Normal? They added it in Trips and Slot but not normal. And now we will never get it

When I have seen GT play they do not have a regular flexbone pistol set. Just trips and slot.