PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Playbooks Site Information

Oneback
06-21-2013, 02:32 PM
On July 9th, possibly slightly before hand, the Playbooks site will be moving from playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com to www.simsports.net - I've redesigned and added a few more features which include Madden playbooks, playbook searches on both default and custom playbooks, the ability to see single play information and similar plays, as well as an intergrated forum. Future improvements will include a League Manager (much like League Daddy) which will archive data across game versions and give the ability to get previous seasons stats unlike the EA website, and a scouting application which will work much like a virtual coordinator. The League Manager and scouting application won't be available at launch as they are still in development however.

The bad news is that the database will not be moving over from this site, once simsport.net goes live please feel free to move any playbooks over from here as all the NCAA 13 data is currently being loaded, I will keep this site up and running until Jan 1, 2014 however I will not be adding the NCAA 14 data here.

Thank you,

Oneback

dhook27
06-21-2013, 02:37 PM
On July 9th, possibly slightly before hand, the Playbooks site will be moving from playbooks.ncaaplaybook.com to www.simsports.net (http://www.simsports.net) - I've redesigned and added a few more features which include Madden playbooks, playbook searches on both default and custom playbooks, the ability to see single play information and similar plays, as well as an intergrated forum. Future improvements will include a League Manager (much like League Daddy) which will archive data across game versions and give the ability to get previous seasons stats unlike the EA website, and a scouting application which will work much like a virtual coordinator. The League Manager and scouting application won't be available at launch as they are still in development however.
So will this be the next Utopia? and I like how you it says we will build something awesome,Lol
The bad news is that the database will not be moving over from this site, once simsport.net goes live please feel free to move any playbooks over from here as all the NCAA 13 data is currently being loaded, I will keep this site up and running until Jan 1, 2014 however I will not be adding the NCAA 14 data here.

Thank you,

Oneback
So will this be the next Utopia? and I like how you it says we will build something awesome,Lol

Oneback
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM

I don't know that it will be the next Utopia - when I took over the playbooks site last year I had a lot of ideas on how to improve the site and items I wish that were available for Powerhouse OD, so I set out to create them and needed a place to put it all.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-21-2013, 03:15 PM
nice work bro... appreciate the work

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

irishfbfan1
06-23-2013, 12:10 AM
I don't know that it will be the next Utopia - when I took over the playbooks site last year I had a lot of ideas on how to improve the site and items I wish that were available for Powerhouse OD, so I set out to create them and needed a place to put it all.

You have done a great job oneback, we appreciate everything you have to offer to the community.:)

smallschoolbuilder
06-23-2013, 06:12 AM
One back let me know if there's is anything I can do to help. I know that a lot of work needs to get done to get the all the playbook art work for all the teams. I know that not all playbook art was up for every tesm last yeae

purple112
06-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks for all of the effort you've put into this site. It's great to see that it's going to be better than ever.

ncaajunkie
07-01-2013, 11:26 PM
I miss ncaastrategies like u don't know!

Oneback
07-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Just a little update, I'm running behind entering all the play data from NCAA 13, hoping to catch up by the end of the weekend and launch the site on July 9th, if there are snags I see EOD Wednesday, maybe early Thursday before the site launches. I'll start entering NCAA 14 data hardcore on the 11th as I took that Thursday and Friday off.

jolson88
07-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Can't wait Oneback! As a former Utopia lurker when I first started playing NCAA, I can't wait to see this :). Perhaps then I'll finally be able to get away from using Google Cache results to read Utopia strategy content :P.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Utopia was a gem... just depressing for the most part outside of strategy talk...

OB let me know if you need anything from me to help

Ligerborn
07-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Oneback, looking forward to the new site, if you need any help let me know....

yes GG it was a gem.... Pretty much unbearable now....

Oneback
07-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys - unfortunately I'm running alittle bit behind as I didn't have as much free time as I thought I would over the weekend. I'm hoping to have the site live by EOD Thursday and the bulk of the data put in for NCAA 14 by EOD Sunday.

jolson88
07-09-2013, 02:41 PM
No worries Oneback. Good things come to those who wait :).

GBRNation
07-09-2013, 02:47 PM
No worries Oneback. Good things come to those who wait :).

Well said.

Sent via Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Tell that to the people waiting for rosters. They could take a lesson from you two gentlemen. :D

GBRNation
07-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Tell that to the people waiting for rosters. They could take a lesson from you two gentlemen. :D

I know. You have to learn sometime though. I feel like waiting for rosters is more of a blessing in disguise because I get to test out a bunch of stuff without knowing I can start my dynasty now.

Sent via Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I know. You have to learn sometime though. I feel like waiting for rosters is more of a blessing in disguise because I get to test out a bunch of stuff without knowing I can start my dynasty now.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yep. I'm running test dynasties for now working on sliders with my dynasty team, and trying to relearn recruiting and build new methods since my old methods are completely unusable with the new changes. So rosters don't make the least bit of difference to me right now. It's a nice place to be in. :)

gigemaggs99
07-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Utopia was a gem... just depressing for the most part outside of strategy talk...

OB let me know if you need anything from me to help

This shows you how long I've been out of the loop, when did Utopia go away? When I click on my bookmark it takes me to OS.

Ligerborn
07-11-2013, 08:32 PM
about 6 months ago

ther is a new Utopia though... but it is mainly the same issues as before only aggrandized...

Oneback
07-15-2013, 10:48 AM
So, I grossly underestimated the amount of time it would take as I'm still entering team playbook information for NCAA 13. I'm making good progress each day however it still takes about 30 min per playbook. At the rate I'm going the site should be up and running this weekend as there is a few minor items I need to clean up first.

In comparing NCAA 13 and NCAA 14 plays not a lot changed, so I'll be coping the NCAA 13 plays over to NCAA 14 and filling in the blanks, this way everyone can use the site as a reference while I enter NCAA 14 playbooks.

I apologize for the delay - hopefully the wait will be worth it.

lilheavy
07-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the update.

Cap10 Morgan
07-15-2013, 02:48 PM
This shows you how long I've been out of the loop, when did Utopia go away? When I click on my bookmark it takes me to OS.

about 6 months ago

ther is a new Utopia though... but it is mainly the same issues as before only aggrandized...

I was the same way. I got busy and stopped playing NCAA last year. With the release coming up, I went looking to freshen up on Ligerborn's Shootbone and about cried when I couldn't find it! I had this site bookmarked only because there were a few references from Utopia to this site, and I am thinking this might be my new home for Xs and Os. Between the new playbook site and this forum... hopefully I can get my act together and play some decent football!

Ligerborn
07-16-2013, 08:23 AM
I am working on a new Shootbone writeup, will be a pdf this time available at multiple places so it doesnt get lost or broken cause the pic links no longer work due to a dead site. I am hoping to have it ready end of the month.

AlabamaFan1973
07-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Oneback,
A couple of years ago you posted a scheme to use with Alabama when Jim McElwain was the offensive coordinator. I am thinking NCAA 2011 was the platform being used at the time. Is there a possibility you still have that scheme or could you point me in the direction on the internet where it is. The scheme was very successful online. Thanks in advance.

AlabamaFan1973

Oneback
07-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Oneback,
A couple of years ago you posted a scheme to use with Alabama when Jim McElwain was the offensive coordinator. I am thinking NCAA 2011 was the platform being used at the time. Is there a possibility you still have that scheme or could you point me in the direction on the internet where it is. The scheme was very successful online. Thanks in advance.

AlabamaFan1973

It was on Utopia - I don't have it on my computer anymore unfortunately.

Oneback
07-16-2013, 10:46 AM
I am working on a new Shootbone writeup, will be a pdf this time available at multiple places so it doesnt get lost or broken cause the pic links no longer work due to a dead site. I am hoping to have it ready end of the month.

I assume you had those links to the old playbooks site, which was moved in august of last year when I took over - it will move one final time but should be up by this weekend.

ncaajunkie
07-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks for all the hard work Oneback! Thank you

Ligerborn
07-16-2013, 02:19 PM
I assume you had those links to the old playbooks site, which was moved in august of last year when I took over - it will move one final time but should be up by this weekend.

yeah the main links I have and got its was all the pick links inside the write up that got daunting, and by that point I was so discouraged with the game that I just didnt try to change them. There was prolly well over 200 pic links in the writeups, that when things changed servers were broken.

So this time I will do the writeup as a pdf and post that in the writeup section of the new site. as well as other communities, Of course it wouldnt be possible with out the hard work done by yourself and previously will and others for the images.

Oneback
07-21-2013, 02:16 PM
The playbooks site is up at simsports.net. I've only got the NCAA 13 plays displaying right now, however I'm about 80-85% done with entering NCAA 14 plays and should be done early this upcoming week. I've only got a third of the NCAA 13 team playbooks inputted thus far, however after registering for the site you're free to start moving your NCAA 13 playbooks over and browsing the site - if you choose a default team playbook that hasn't been loaded yet you'll have to enter all the formations/plays manually until I finish getting all the playbooks in.

Additionally, things are functional, however I still have a laundry list for things I'm working on.

Thanks for your patience while I continue to work on the site.

Best,

Oneback

gigemaggs99
07-21-2013, 06:52 PM
The playbooks site is up at simsports.net. I've only got the NCAA 13 plays displaying right now, however I'm about 80-85% done with entering NCAA 14 plays and should be done early this upcoming week. I've only got a third of the NCAA 13 team playbooks inputted thus far, however after registering for the site you're free to start moving your NCAA 13 playbooks over and browsing the site - if you choose a default team playbook that hasn't been loaded yet you'll have to enter all the formations/plays manually until I finish getting all the playbooks in.

Additionally, things are functional, however I still have a laundry list for things I'm working on.

Thanks for your patience while I continue to work on the site.

Best,

Oneback

Thank you sir for your time and effort in moving this over. I can't imagine the amount of time it's taking, there must be a lot of things to type in.

Thanks again! :up:

Oneback
07-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Thank you sir for your time and effort in moving this over. I can't imagine the amount of time it's taking, there must be a lot of things to type in.

Thanks again! :up:

Thank you very musch - there has been just a little bit, no biggie though, I used the old site all the time and couldn't fathom seeing it die which is why I offered to take it over.

Ligerborn
07-23-2013, 11:23 AM
thanks oneback I will be using it for sure. :)

Oneback
07-25-2013, 06:44 AM
All of the NCAA 14 plays have been uploaded and NCAA 14 is now active on SimSports.net. Just a reminder that I will be going through and double checking all of my work so there may be some changes/plays misplaced, etc (hopefully not many). You're free to start making NCAA 14 custom playbooks, however since none of the team playbooks have been inputted you will need to build your playbook from scratch until all the team playbooks are inputted.

irishfbfan1
07-29-2013, 01:19 AM
All of the NCAA 14 plays have been uploaded and NCAA 14 is now active on SimSports.net. Just a reminder that I will be going through and double checking all of my work so there may be some changes/plays misplaced, etc (hopefully not many). You're free to start making NCAA 14 custom playbooks, however since none of the team playbooks have been inputted you will need to build your playbook from scratch until all the team playbooks are inputted.

Outstanding my man! Guys we don't just have a guy in "oneback" that works the Playbook site, we have a FOOTBALL GUY in "oneback" that works the Playbook site! What an outstanding job!

irish

Oneback
07-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Thank you very much!

Kelley325
07-30-2013, 07:08 PM
can someone post a link to the new playbook site . I cant seem to find it

Cap10 Morgan
07-30-2013, 07:11 PM
simsports.net

It looks like (and IS) a forum, but there is a link at the top that says "Playbooks".
http://www.simsports.net/showthread.php/52-SimSports-net-Overview-and-Playbooks-tutorial

Coachdenz
07-30-2013, 09:53 PM
Why can't I view the playbook tab? I have setup and account, but tells me that I don't have permission.

Oneback
07-31-2013, 04:58 AM
Why can't I view the playbook tab? I have setup and account, but tells me that I don't have permission.

You need to activate your account, when you registered you should have received and email with an activation link, click on the link and that should take care of the problem - if not let me know.

Coachdenz
07-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Got it, I thought that I did active the account but have not... Thanks

Oneback
07-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Got it, I thought that I did active the account but have not... Thanks

Good deal.

Oneback
08-02-2013, 07:31 AM
It seems as though my host is having problems with their local internet, not only is my site up/down so far today but every site hosted by them is as well.

Ligerborn
08-02-2013, 11:09 AM
thanks for the update

Oneback
08-02-2013, 11:24 AM
So just another update, seems to be more than just their local i-net - apparently they did an update last night and are still attempting to fix it. *Frustrated*

Oneback
08-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Sites back up and stable.

Oneback
08-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in entering default team playbooks for NCAA 14 and 13 starting Saturday. The process takes roughly 30 min per playbook and its no different than creating a custom playbook on the site. If interested please post in the following thread as I'll need to give permissions:

http://www.simsports.net/showthread.php/118-Volunteers-for-entering-Team-Playbooks

Thanks,

Oneback

Oneback
08-25-2013, 09:59 AM
I just made changes to the website that will block users outside of DVD code region 1 in an attempt to cut down on the amount of spam, if you're having problems accessing the site please let me know.

zkiesel
04-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Site has been down for the past few hours. Any word on what happened?

Edit: Site is back up.

DoubleWingSP88
05-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Do you still have Playbooks at www.simsports.net?

JeffHCross
05-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Do you still have Playbooks at www.simsports.net?It looked to me today that the domain might have expired.

mlk3000
07-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Anyone know another site similar to simsports??

zkiesel
07-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Anyone know another site similar to simsports??

There's really no other site like it. Sad to see it go.

dhook27
11-16-2015, 02:08 PM
I miss this site, what the hell happened? Looks like it got hacked