PDA

View Full Version : cnballard05321's strategy videos

cnballard05321
06-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Ok guys we are back with my first offensive tip of the year. Today we are going to look at one of the things that separate good players from great players. Having the ability to make a play even when your opponent has called the wright defensive play opens up your offense so much. The best way I have found to user catch in NCAA 14 is to use comeback routes for a couple reasons.
1. They are umbumpable on both ps3 and xbox on both sides of the field
2. They get the ever so valuable inside position
3. It is a 2 window route(meaning we can throw it early for a user catch or late for a computer catch)
Before we get to the video if you would like to subscribe to my youtube channel I try to put out 1 video a day with content on how to improve in madden and ncaa football video games. Thank you guys for taking the time to check out this post and I will see you next time.
Hope you guys can use this to take your game to the next level!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de-lN2sGgTc
Useful Websites:
maddentips.com
maddenmoments.com
maddenrevolution.com
compete4eva.com

email me: ballardp90x@gmail.com
My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/cnballard0531?feature=mhee
Follow My Blog: http://maddentips365.blogspot.com/
Rdikes Channel: youtube.com/maddenmontager
Zboys Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/maddenmo...ow=grid&view=0
Sighn Up for the Ps3 CCM: http://www.maddentips.com/forums/sho...s-s-CCM-League
Follow Me on Twitch: twitch.tv/cnballard0531
Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Maddentips365
Follow Me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Madden...ax_wizard=true
Follow Hollow: https://www.youtube.com/user/hollowpoint33
Follow gibs and farls: https://www.youtube.com/feed/UCLDTZWfdGngq6On2eVUSuiA
Follow Zan: http://www.youtube.com/user/4wardProgressMadden

CLW
06-21-2013, 06:45 AM
LMAO or you could just learn to read coverage 10/20 50% completion and an INT yeah no thanks.

cnballard05321
06-22-2013, 02:38 AM
LMAO or you could just learn to read coverage 10/20 50% completion and an INT yeah no thanks.

that was because i wasnt completely warmed up as far as stick goes this a tutorial showing a skill you can use to improve what happens when all your routes are covered and i have a contain on the field you need something like this so you can make a play when there is no play. just trying to give people ways to improve before the game comes out. that route is 100 percent when your hands are warmed up and you do it correctly. sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way, but i as do many other people think this is an important tactic to take your game from good to great

jello1717
06-22-2013, 08:32 AM
that was because i wasnt completely warmed up as far as stick goes.......that route is 100 percent when your hands are warmed up
Wow! How could you forget to do your calisthenics before playing your video game? That's a good way to pull something and injure yourself. I personally pop in a short zumba tape and then do some thumb wrestling with my wife before I play any video game. It works like a charm too as I haven't injured myself yet and I always play much better than when I forget to stretch first.

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2013, 09:46 AM
When your hands are warmed up? :fp:

You push a button or two. You move two sticks up, down, left, right and at an angle. How the hell does that require "warming your hands up"? The only time I warm my hands up are before jacking off in the middle of the winter.

baseballplyrmvp
06-22-2013, 10:06 AM
online lobby tacticts.

Escobar
06-22-2013, 03:07 PM
This guy obviously does not know what kind of gaming community this is. We don't need these "tactics" to win games. We play real football. lol

cnballard05321
06-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Ok guys as we all know the read option has been in college for a long time, but recently has taken the NFl by storm. Today we are going to take a look at a play I've never seen anyone else think about when talking about how they were going to lock this up. Now one of the options in Madden and N
CAA this year is you can go in you pre-game adjustments and tell your players to either play the running back or play the quarterback. That option makes this defense even better. We go from what was a 85-90 percent to success rate to a 95-100 percent success rate. In my opinion this is one of the most essential videos for anyone serious about playing either one of these games. Be sure to watch today's video and subscriber for more videos if you enjoy it. Thanks for taking a look at this guys and I hope it helps you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPx8p341J8
If you guys enjoyed this video please take some time to check out my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/cnballard0531/videos) for more free ncaa 14 and madden nfl 25 video content. Thanks guys!

cnballard05321
06-22-2013, 05:40 PM
sorry i couldn't be of any help to you guys just trying to give away good free content and help people who want to get better

SCClassof93
06-22-2013, 06:02 PM
sorry i couldn't be of any help to you guys just trying to give away good free content and help people who want to get better

In all seriousness, you join on 6/20/13 and immediately start linking us to your you tube channel? Our rules are you are entitled to your opinions/views on the game but not your own classroom to clutter the boards...............When I grow up I hope to be a forum mod :D

Oneback
06-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey man, I've got to commend you as you're giving an effort to think about how to stop things in this game, I'm not sure who you normally play but that setup isn't going to fly against anyone that has played this game for longer than a week. The alignment of the field corner gives the play away, no matter if you're hot routing him into a sink zone or not, you're basically selling out to stop one play - again I completely understand that the average random online player doesn't understand football, but in an established sim online dynasty or against a knowledgeable friend you'd get torched running this play.

I challenge you to look for ways to stop/contain plays while still protecting your defense against other threats, namely any known constraint play for the play you're trying to stop. It can be challenging and you may not always stop the complementary plays, but until you start building you're defenses in this manner you're not helping anyone.

Ironmanfootball
06-23-2013, 09:15 AM
The true way to stop zone read:

I'm a HS head coach who runs the zone offense. Gap exchange is the key to stopping it. Focus on the back side.

A) Have the 5-tech stay in the C, have the will take read steps into the B
B) Have the 5 crash the B (squeeze) and the will read the C.

This will change who the Q sees as "EMOL" but post snap.

More info:

http://fishduck.com/2012/08/the-coachs-corner-defending-the-zone-read/

Oneback
06-23-2013, 09:29 AM
The true way to stop zone read:

I'm a HS head coach who runs the zone offense. Gap exchange is the key to stopping it. Focus on the back side.

A) Have the 5-tech stay in the C, have the will take read steps into the B
B) Have the 5 crash the B (squeeze) and the will read the C.

This will change who the Q sees as "EMOL" but post snap.

More info:

http://fishduck.com/2012/08/the-coachs-corner-defending-the-zone-read/

While I agree that gap exchange is one of the ways to stop zone read, offenses have evolved both in real life and in the game, they are now bringing a TE/H to kick out the C-gap defender. If you can get the C-gap defender down quick enough to squeeze the hole and spill the ball outside gap exchange will work against this concept. I still contend the best way to stop zone read is to dictate to the offense what you want them to do, keep the ball out of the most dangerous players hands then structure your defense around stopping the only thing that remains be it inside zone or QB keep.

The great thing however about offensive football is that the offense always has the chalk last and there are ways the combat the defenses response to zone read.

Ironmanfootball
06-23-2013, 09:46 AM
I've always called bringing the TE/H across form in zone to kick C-Gap a Wham block. He better be quick, avoid the RB reading the 3 on give and it limits the Q's path bc it almost guarantees keeping off tackle instead of bouncing to the sideline. The C-Gap player is taught to wrong-arm which could force a bounce- if successful. However that's one slow develop with safeties playing the alley and possibly a Will being the force player.

Oneback
06-23-2013, 10:58 AM
I understand where you're coming from however with gap-exchange you're now asking the offense to bring the TE/H across the formation and kick out the C-gap defender, you're only answer on defense if you want to continue to utilize gap exchange is to play Quarters so you can bring #3 (the safety) down to play the spill putting him in a bind to both play the vertical of #2 and fill the alley against zone read. I'm sure you can see where the problem is, not to mention most offenses answer to gap exchange now is to not only to bring a TE/H to kick out the C-Gap defender but to also put a slot to the read side who's responsibility is to block #3 (the safety) either by physically blocking him or by occupying him with bubble action. Additionally, once the defense declares it's answer to zone read is to utilize gap exchange the simple adjustment is to have the OT wall off the B-gap defender and simply run inside zone as the Will has already taken himself out of the play.

If I were to run a base defense I'd rather put a player closer to the LOS in a bind rather than my safety as one false step by him and the balls over his head for a touchdown.

Other available options to combat gap exchange are Midline Read and Inverted Veer. Midline works due to the defenses need to formationaly put a a DT in the A-gap (DE = B-Gap, Will = C-gap), move the read inside and you no longer need to worry about gap-exchange, inverted veer works much in the same fashion as the defense isn't going to be able to play gap exchange to both sides of the formation and remain structurally sound against all the complementary plays.

iForm
06-23-2013, 12:44 PM
I understand where you're coming from however with gap-exchange you're now asking the offense to bring the TE/H across the formation and kick out the C-gap defender, you're only answer on defense if you want to continue to utilize gap exchange is to play Quarters so you can bring #3 (the safety) down to play the spill putting him in a bind to both play the vertical of #2 and fill the alley against zone read. I'm sure you can see where the problem is, not to mention most offenses answer to gap exchange now is to not only to bring a TE/H to kick out the C-Gap defender but to also put a slot to the read side who's responsibility is to block #3 (the safety) either by physically blocking him or by occupying him with bubble action. Additionally, once the defense declares it's answer to zone read is to utilize gap exchange the simple adjustment is to have the OT wall off the B-gap defender and simply run inside zone as the Will has already taken himself out of the play.

If I were to run a base defense I'd rather put a player closer to the LOS in a bind rather than my safety as one false step by him and the balls over his head for a touchdown.

Other available options to combat gap exchange are Midline Read and Inverted Veer. Midline works due to the defenses need to formationaly put a a DT in the A-gap (DE = B-Gap, Will = C-gap), move the read inside and you no longer need to worry about gap-exchange, inverted veer works much in the same fashion as the defense isn't going to be able to play gap exchange to both sides of the formation and remain structurally sound against all the complementary plays.

Excellent way of describing it.

Ironmanfootball
06-23-2013, 01:05 PM
I agree with what you're saying. A lot of guys try to run eagle vs the spread which is why you saw offenses going with the veer and inverted veer looks. I call ours Dash (dive option) and Flash (flip or inverted veer) (http://ironmanfootball.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/dash-and-flash/). But I stand by the fact that the best way to stop it is to change who the QB is reading post-snap.

Teams will play a 2-shell vs the spread bc of so many 2x2 and 3x1 sets. The 2 shell is also how the 4-3 guys figured out how to stop the triple option back in the 80's (think: JJ and the 'Canes vs Oklahoma). Get your safeties split a little more wide and at 8-10 vs 10-12. They'll read #2, if it's bubble action the safety can fly up and play the bubble/option (hurts our zone-play action a little).

Without a doubt having a dual-threat QB puts the defense in a bind, hence the 50-40 scores we see weekly in the NCAA.

Oneback
06-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Aside from gap-exchange the two additional ways I see playing zone read is to play base with two-gapping down linemen (not always available based on talent), however its the only way the defense can match-up gap responsibility wise against the varying formations (although this isn't an option in the video game) or by bringing zone pressure. With the myriad of zone pressure options available to a defense you can both dictate the QBs read and have the ball carrier run right into the teeth of your defense while at the same time protecting against the complementary passing plays (this unfortunately really isn't an option in the video game either in a lot of cases), this takes a very disciplined defense as one missed gap can result in a big gain (look at Texas' defense from last season).

You are correct however in that there's not just one single answer, as a defensive coordinator you MUST have several options in your bag of tricks or else the offense will take advantage, but isn't that the case against any offensive concept.

Ironmanfootball
06-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Finding good 2-gap DL at the HS or NCAA level is very rare. Even the odd fronts in college often slant instead of true 2-gap read. It would take a guy like McCoy, Suh, Sapp... someone with top 10 talent to 2-gap. In the NFL they find them more often because of guys like Vince Wilfork who are freak athletes at 350lbs. When teams find those guys they hold on tight, and those players manage to stay around for years, especially odd-front 2-gappers like Vonnie Holliday.

cnballard05321
06-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Ok guys one of the main sets we want to cover when designing your own scheme is man beating formations. In my audible setup I like to use the 5 Sets for Success designed by Zfarls and Sgibs and one of those sets include a compressed formation designed to beat man to man coverage. Now what this allows us to do is when in the heat of game when our opponent is starting to lock down our offense by utilizing man to man coverage we can go to our man beating formation which we will have setup in our audibles. So one thing we use from the gun tight formation is motion snap drags and quick slants to generate picks and rubs in order for us to create separation against tight man to man coverage. Hopefully you guys will come away from this video never having a problem with beating 2 man under again. Thanks for watching guys and See You Next Time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZGFfT0CmUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZuXSAxUmYg
If you guys enjoyed this video make sure to come back tomorrow where I will show the basics to beating zone defenses and what you want to look for in a zone beating formation.

cnballard05321
06-23-2013, 05:51 PM
thanks for the words. the defense is setup trust me i play the best. Sgibs and Zfarls i play alot ea game changer ryan dikes we play all the time. Zboy 365 from maddenmoments.com is one of my closest lab players. Trust me i know what im doing the defense is setup to stop the read option the zones will play good enough with the corners coming free offf the edge u have about 3 seconds to throw and with me user controlling the mlb and taking away the deep middle this defense is not as "holy" as you may think

cnballard05321
06-23-2013, 05:54 PM
to all you who call my game garbage challenge me on psn cnballard2013

Canes Fan
06-23-2013, 06:03 PM
That's Madden 13 my friend.

Oneback
06-23-2013, 06:06 PM

I gave you the benefit of the doubt to begin - however the above statement seems to be the calling card of East Room trolls.

Escobar
06-23-2013, 07:02 PM

Pure comedy :D:D:D

baseballplyrmvp
06-23-2013, 09:23 PM

i dont think anyone here is interested in learning the bullshit the top cheesers do. sorry.

for one, you're not even throwing the comeback route in this video. you're just using the beginning animation to prevent the press from the corner. if you were properly running the comeback route, you would have tried to time it so that the ball arrives just after the wr breaks at 10-12 yards. what you're doing here, is just blindly throwing the ball out there, regardless of coverage, immediately after the snap. basically, what it comes down to in your video, is you're showing how to break the game.

baseballplyrmvp
06-23-2013, 09:26 PM
am i supposed to run this one play all game long? what happens if my opponent runs something else besides the read option against this defense?

SmoothPancakes
06-23-2013, 09:33 PM
i dont think anyone here is interested in learning the bullshit the top cheesers do. sorry.

for one, you're not even throwing the comeback route in this video. you're just using the beginning animation to prevent the press from the corner. if you were properly running the comeback route, you would have tried to time it so that the ball arrives just after the wr breaks at 10-12 yards. what you're doing here, is just blindly throwing the ball out there, regardless of coverage, immediately after the snap. basically, what it comes down to in your video, is you're showing how to break the game.

Yeah, the getting better at Madden 25 and NCAA 14 comment cracks me up. Yeah, running comeback routes to try and take advantage of and abuse CPU issues and just chucking up the ball instantly after the snap and trying to user catch, oh yeah, that's such an improvement. Nothing more than typical East Room bullshit, bullshit that has been why I've said fuck it to playing online games since at least the NCAA '06 days. Apparently our new friend here thinks we're a site full of the East room douchebags, instead of actually being a site full of people who try to play sim and emulate the real life game.

PSUEagle
06-24-2013, 05:40 PM
...Aside from gap-exchange the two additional ways I see playing zone read is to play base with two-gapping down linemen (not always available based on talent), however its the only way the defense can match-up gap responsibility wise against the varying formations (although this isn't an option in the video game) or by bringing zone pressure...

FYI Oregon is predominantly a 2-Gap defense for precisely this reason: their offense killed them in practice when they were a more penetration/1-Gap oriented defense.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-24-2013, 05:51 PM
FYI Oregon is predominantly a 2-Gap defense for precisely this reason: their offense killed them in practice when they were a more penetration/1-Gap oriented defense.

truth

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Oneback
06-24-2013, 06:48 PM

It's how I've seen most of the better defenses play the zone read to be honest.

Escobar
06-24-2013, 08:16 PM
It's amazing that I just assumed that's how the 4-3 was played since that is how we played it in High School. And how I like to run my 4-2-5 in the game with my linemen. Never heard about the 2-gap/1-gap scheme until a couple days ago when y'all mentioned it on here. Then they said something about it on NFLAM this morning when talking about some players. Wonder why more teams don't run this defense and like to run a tampa-2 instead.

Oneback
06-24-2013, 08:44 PM
It's amazing that I just assumed that's how the 4-3 was played since that is how we played it in High School. And how I like to run my 4-2-5 in the game with my linemen. Never heard about the 2-gap/1-gap scheme until a couple days ago when y'all mentioned it on here. Then they said something about it on NFLAM this morning when talking about some players. Wonder why more teams don't run this defense and like to run a tampa-2 instead.

The simple answer - talent. In order to play a 2-gap scheme you must have players that are physically able to stop the movement of the man attempting to block him and have the foot quickness to not get reached. In order to play a two gap scheme against most spread offense you must have at least one guy that can do this every down. There aren't a lot of stumps out there that also have the lateral quickness to handle a zone scheme while also having the stamina to play up tempo, so now you're needing multiple players from a limited pool that are able to perform. Teams then started looking for alternatives and found zone pressures allowed the use of 1-gap players while muddying the read for the QB, and still allowed the defense to keep 6 pass defenders.

In the end its all about the talent the coach is able to put on the field.

cnballard05321
06-24-2013, 10:20 PM
nah man this play is to be used in situations like 3rd and 2 or something where you want to gamble on the read option. As far as a base defense you want to be using for the majority of the game something with a 3 deep shell and possibly a zone blitz that will provide pressure and the zones to force your opponent to take short stuff and then you can gamble on the read option if you know thats what he will caoo

cnballard05321
06-26-2013, 06:15 AM
i know man the 25 demo is not out yet, but the concepts still apply

cnballard05321
06-26-2013, 06:16 AM
In this NCAA 14 tip we are breaking down how to run the ball in NCAA 14. One of the main concepts I use when I design a running scheme is the term Sgibs and Zfarlz use in their schemes called the 3 headed rushing attack. This means we want to be able to run off tackle left, off tackle right, and down the middle. So basically we will read where the defense is weak as far as gap integrity goes and be able to audible to the correct run to beat undisciplined defenses. Be sure to take note of when we run and how we run. This video will certainly help you have a better running game in NCAA 14. Thanks guys and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrVKyd9hNBs
Thanks for Watching Guys! If you enjoyed this video or would like to check out more of my free NCAA 14 and Madden Nfl 25 Content please check out my youtube channel for daily videos! Thanks

SmoothPancakes
06-26-2013, 06:45 AM
i know man the 25 demo is not out yet, but the concepts still apply

Actually, we don't know that. While it has been talked about, the changes from Madden 13 to Madden 25, we haven't actually physically tested the concepts ourselves in a demo. All we have to go on are sizzle videos and the sort. Right now, all you're doing as assuming and hoping they still apply.

SmoothPancakes
06-26-2013, 06:47 AM
In this NCAA 14 tip we are breaking down how to run the ball in NCAA 14. One of the main concepts I use when I design a running scheme is the term Sgibs and Zfarlz use in their schemes called the 3 headed rushing attack. This means we want to be able to run off tackle left, off tackle right, and down the middle.

:D :D :D

That's your big tip for the day? Everyone and their dog knows you want to be able to run off tackle left, off tackle right and down (or I prefer up) the middle. Running the same spot over and over will eventually lead to the defense shutting it down. You have to alternate between which area you rush (left, right or middle) just like you have to (usually) alternate between rushing and passing to keep the defense honest.

CLW
06-26-2013, 06:53 AM
:D :D :D

That's your big tip for the day? Everyone and their dog knows you want to be able to run off tackle left, off tackle right and down (or I prefer up) the middle. Running the same spot over and over will eventually lead to the defense shutting it down. You have to alternate between which area you rush (left, right or middle) just like you have to (usually) alternate between rushing and passing to keep the defense honest.

LMAO how to run I-form versus a Dime. Wow who knew you could run from a power formation against a bunch of DBs and only 1 LB in the middle of the field? Followed by a 0 yard rush against a 3-4. Wow that 0 yard rush is going to be a killer add to my game plan.

Next tip.... scoring more points than your opponent ALWAYS leads to victory. :nod:

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
06-26-2013, 09:00 AM
I watched a bit of this 3 headed video... and saw a bunch of runs for 0-1 yard gains... is the real good stuff at the end becauae I got bored watching the fails...

#1 don't make an instructional video citing someone else's terms and accomplishments

#2 at least show something that works

#3 save yourself the embarrassment and stop while you can with"strategy" tips

Oneback
06-26-2013, 09:30 AM
#3 save yourself the embarrassment and stop while you can with"strategy" tips

I second this motion.

texacotea
06-26-2013, 12:11 PM
These videos will bring me to the elite group in powerhouse

ram29jackson
06-26-2013, 05:24 PM
These videos will bring me to the elite group in powerhouse

because you now know who not to play like :nod:

cnballard05321
06-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Ok guys today's video is going to be a little different. First of all I would like to apologize for some of my content recently; I have done a poor job of getting deep with the tips and schemes and for that I am truly sorry. That will never happen again. Now that we have that addressed let's get into today's offensive tip. Today we are looking at one of my favorite plays from the shotgun bunch hb strong and we will be looking at the play z spot. The reason I love this play is because of the corner route, spot route, stock flat route, and that deep post. Now there is a lot we can do to this play so we can beat man and zone be sure to pay attention , but if you are one to just look at the setup here it is:
1. place the far left receiver on a smart routed in, curl or leave on his route
2. place the hb on w wheel route
3. place the tight end or closest receiver in the bunch on a drag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc-9FJbUI0c
Lastly guys be sure and check out my youtube channel for more free NCAA 14 and Madden NFL 25 content. Thanks for watching!

bdoughty
06-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Countless lab hours?

Do you wear a coat do you use beakers? Are you Beaker?

http://i.imgur.com/CG1gUqA.jpg

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Not trying to troll, but your big new tip of the day is picking a pass play you like, sit there hot routing every single receiver to something different from their original routes, sit there moving players back and forth all over the place (you do realize there is a play clock in the actual game that would make half of what you spent multiple minutes doing impossible), all so you can break and then abuse the AI by fucking it up with multiple dumbass movements of receivers all over the field.

Seriously, just do yourself a favor and just go back to whatever Cheesers R US website that you came from and keep your East Room Cheesy Douchbags videos over there. We're sim players here. We don't do all this arcade, East Room fucktardery, trying to break and abuse the AI every play just so we can get cheap yards and cheap points. We play sim with sliders that make (or attempt to make) the AI better and tougher, so it gives us a true challenge and makes us fight for a win. We want to those yards and points we gain to be tough to get and rewarding to achieve. We want to punt multiple times a game because the defense did what it had to do to stop us, not sit there like a broken pile of shit because we did all this hot routing and moving of players all over the field trying to abuse the game AI.

If you can actually manage to post and give tips on SIM playing, then fine. But no one is going to ever give your tips any consideration if all you do is post these dumbass "win at all costs" cheesy East Room tactics crap. Doing that stuff does not make you good. It does not make you better. It just makes you too pathetic to truly and truthfully get better (or want to get better) at the game that you have to break the game and abuse the AI to get your yards and points. Sure, it makes you feel special, but just because mommy told you you're special does not make it so.

SmoothPancakes
06-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Countless lab hours?

Do you wear a coat do you use beakers? Are you Beaker?

:D

Yeah, the openings crack me up.

Countless lab hours = Sitting there play after play trying to find a new way to break the AI
Scheme After Scheme = Every East Room cheese tactic known to man
Remarkable Victories = 125-0 winz baby!
Crushing Defeats = For the CPU and non-cheesy human opponents.
The Best Game of the World = Could be referring to NCAA or he has one HELL of an ego.

ram29jackson
06-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Not trying to troll, but your big new tip of the day is picking a pass play you like, sit there hot routing every single receiver to something different from their original routes, sit there moving players back and forth all over the place (you do realize there is a play clock in the actual game that would make half of what you spent multiple minutes doing impossible), all so you can break and then abuse the AI by fucking it up with multiple dumbass movements of receivers all over the field.

Seriously, just do yourself a favor and just go back to whatever Cheesers R US website that you came from and keep your East Room Cheesy Douchbags videos over there. We're sim players here. We don't do all this arcade, East Room fucktardery, trying to break and abuse the AI every play just so we can get cheap yards and cheap points. We play sim with sliders that make (or attempt to make) the AI better and tougher, so it gives us a true challenge and makes us fight for a win. We want to those yards and points we gain to be tough to get and rewarding to achieve. We want to punt multiple times a game because the defense did what it had to do to stop us, not sit there like a broken pile of shit because we did all this hot routing and moving of players all over the field trying to abuse the game AI.

If you can actually manage to post and give tips on SIM playing, then fine. But no one is going to ever give your tips any consideration if all you do is post these dumbass "win at all costs" cheesy East Room tactics crap. Doing that stuff does not make you good. It does not make you better. It just makes you too pathetic to truly and truthfully get better (or want to get better) at the game that you have to break the game and abuse the AI to get your yards and points. Sure, it makes you feel special, but just because mommy told you you're special does not make it so.

what he said

jigga
06-28-2013, 10:54 AM
z spot is actually on of my favorite plays stock. very nice triangle read. especially like it on the first play of a ranked game. usually your opponent will try a heavy blitz and it's an easy play to the flat route.

dhook27
06-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Ok guys today's video is going to be a little different. First of all I would like to apologize for some of my content recently; I have done a poor job of getting deep with the tips and schemes and for that I am truly sorry. That will never happen again. Now that we have that addressed let's get into today's offensive tip. Today we are looking at one of my favorite plays from the shotgun bunch hb strong and we will be looking at the play z spot. The reason I love this play is because of the corner route, spot route, stock flat route, and that deep post. Now there is a lot we can do to this play so we can beat man and zone be sure to pay attention , but if you are one to just look at the setup here it is:
1. place the far left receiver on a smart routed in, curl or leave on his route
2. place the hb on w wheel route
3. place the tight end or closest receiver in the bunch on a drag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc-9FJbUI0c
Lastly guys be sure and check out my youtube channel for more free NCAA 14 and Madden NFL 25 content. Thanks for watching!
Get the fuck out. Your tips have no real football knowledge that can be applied to a video game like a guy like NY_KIA so get the fuck out with these shitty little cheeser vids.

Canes Fan
06-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Chill out compadre

cnballard05321
06-30-2013, 01:38 AM
NCAA Football and Madden NFL Offensive Tips: Using Motion to Confuse Your Opponent
Ok guys in today’s video we are going to be taking a look at the importance of motion and some ideas on how to use motion as an offense to confuse your opponent. Now when you think about defense in madden you will always hear me say to make it look the same. The reason you want to do this is so your opponent can’t tell if you are in a cover 2 defense or a cover 3. Whether your bringing pressure from the right side or left. Now in my opinion this concept also applies to offense. Now a lot of offenses in madden use motion snaps to make routes more effective. However sometimes when people run the ball out of the same formation they do not do the same motion or the same hot routes. This concept, in my eyes, applies more to the tournament scene, but using fake hot routes and the same basic motion snaps regardless of whether it is a run or a pass will keep your opponent from identifying whether you are running or passing. Hopefully this video helps you understand the importance of using motion snaps in your offense to make passing and running more effective. Thanks for checking this video out and I hope you enjoy! Thanks Guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iN4Yjy21J0

bdoughty
06-30-2013, 04:19 AM
You know what, I just have to put something in here to bring some value to this thread.

Nice looking married woman who...

Discuses football.
Uses those tiny NFL helmets I grew up with, back in the days before video games and we had to use some imagination.
Has a field made up for the little helmets.
Pits the AFC against the NFC helmets, which might make her the only woman on the planet to do so.

http://youtu.be/fqFj4xyWFgg?t=2m26s

One lucky guy. If I could find a woman like this she would never have to make me a sandwich.

SCClassof93
06-30-2013, 08:57 AM
You know what, I just have to put something in here to bring some value to this thread.

Nice looking married woman who...

Discuses football.
Uses those tiny NFL helmets I grew up with, back in the days before video games and we had to use some imagination.
Has a field made up for the little helmets.
Pits the AFC against the NFC helmets, which might make her the only woman on the planet to do so.

http://youtu.be/fqFj4xyWFgg?t=2m26s

One lucky guy. If I could find a woman like this she would never have to make me a sandwich.

FINALLY!! A real heterosexual posts an informative video.
http://saturdaydownsouth.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Les-Miles-Clapping.gif

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm still waiting for the video on how to snap the bloody ball. These "tips" don't do me any good when I'm getting a delay of game penalty every play.

SCClassof93
06-30-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm still waiting for the video on how to snap the bloody ball. These "tips" don't do me any good when I'm getting a delay of game penalty every play.

Perhaps you need more time in the "lab"?:glare:

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2013, 09:30 AM
:D

majesty95
07-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Normally I'm put off by sarcastic and harassing comments. However, in this case, they feel warranted. :popcorn:

SmoothPancakes
07-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Normally I'm put off by sarcastic and harassing comments. However, in this case, they feel warranted. :popcorn:

We aim to please here! :D

CLW
07-01-2013, 02:58 PM
IMHO you guys should layoff the guy now that he is posting in the appropriate section of the forums.

I don't find his videos all that helpful/useful either for the way I play the game but to each their own. I don't see a need to bash the guy into oblivion for posting videos that may or may not be helpful.

Indeed if your true goal is to have him stop posting on the forums (again not sure why but that seems to be the intent from many of you) the easiest way to accomplish this goal is to stop posting in this thread and stop viewing his videos.

Just sayin'

SCClassof93
07-01-2013, 03:01 PM
IMHO you guys should layoff the guy now that he is posting in the appropriate section of the forums.

I don't find his videos all that helpful/useful either for the way I play the game but to each their own. I don't see a need to bash the guy into oblivion for posting videos that may or may not be helpful.

Indeed if your true goal is to have him stop posting on the forums (again not sure why but that seems to be the intent from many of you) the easiest way to accomplish this goal is to stop posting in this thread and stop viewing his videos.

Just sayin'

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh74orsHVR1qbamfr.gif

ram29jackson
07-01-2013, 04:07 PM

Just sayin'

this thread has over 1900 views in a short period. I doubt any of it has to do with his football /video game wannabe cross knowledge. People enjoy a good laugh

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Wr8SUwJL_sk/UU868w9nodI/AAAAAAAAAsI/-fnjVS5-ZW0/s200/th_AnimatedLaughingSmiley.gif

bdoughty
07-01-2013, 04:19 PM

Just sayin'

IMHO you should heed your own advice when it comes to posting in MS threads.

Just sayin'

majesty95
07-03-2013, 01:53 AM
I think the issue is he came in here spamming the site promoting his videos (and himself) and then they were deemed to not even be that valuable. His approach was a little abrasive. I have two NCAA related sites and other social media and don't go around spamming sites trying to get views/pub. There are at least less abrasive ways to go about it.

SCClassof93
07-03-2013, 07:04 AM
I think the issue is he came in here spamming the site promoting his videos (and himself) and then they were deemed to not even be that valuable. His approach was a little abrasive. I have two NCAA related sites and other social media and don't go around spamming sites trying to get views/pub. There are at least less abrasive ways to go about it.

http://img.pandawhale.com/54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

cnballard05321
07-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Madden NFL Defensive Scheme: The Tampa 2
The tampa 2 was introduced by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the early 1970's, but nobody really took note of it because it had some flaws. The deep middle was open if the front 4 didn't get hot pressure, and the Steelers never really ran into that issue because of how talented their front 4. Now when Tony Dungy was a defensive back for the steelers this style of defense really spoke to him and he began to design and adjust so that the early weaknesses of a traditional cover 2 defense was now a strength. So basically what Dungy presented was a cover 2 with the middle linebacker dropping deeper into the middle of the field so now he was responsible for the deep middle and the 2 safeties were now only responsible for thei deep third of the field. He also decided to place his corners in an intermediate coverage not flats and not deep, but in between basically so they could contend with the underneath and the intermediate routes essentially splitting the two to make it easier to play both. Now in madden a lot of people have had trouble replicating this style and that is largely because the 4 man pass rush is not as intense or realistic as the real NFL because again this is a video game. What I'm going to break down today is how I play the tampa 2, the philosophy behind it, and an idea of how to make it more effective in madden. Thanks for giving it a look guys and I'll see you next time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4TQjXlc-to
Tony Dungy's Take: http://www.footballxos.com/download/...nte-Kiffin.pdf

cnballard05321
07-04-2013, 08:16 AM
The tampa 2 was introduced by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the early 1970's, but nobody really took note of it because it had some flaws. The deep middle was open if the front 4 didn't get hot pressure, and the Steelers never really ran into that issue because of how talented their front 4. Now when Tony Dungy was a defensive back for the steelers this style of defense really spoke to him and he began to design and adjust so that the early weaknesses of a traditional cover 2 defense was now a strength. So basically what Dungy presented was a cover 2 with the middle linebacker dropping deeper into the middle of the field so now he was responsible for the deep middle and the 2 safeties were now only responsible for thei deep third of the field. He also decided to place his corners in an intermediate coverage not flats and not deep, but in between basically so they could contend with the underneath and the intermediate routes essentially splitting the two to make it easier to play both. Now in madden a lot of people have had trouble replicating this style and that is largely because the 4 man pass rush is not as intense or realistic as the real NFL because again this is a video game. What I'm going to break down today is how I play the tampa 2, the philosophy behind it, and an idea of how to make it more effective in madden. Thanks for giving it a look guys and I'll see you next time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4TQjXlc-to
Tony Dungy's Take: http://www.footballxos.com/download/...nte-Kiffin.pdf

cnballard05321
07-04-2013, 08:17 AM
how did i spam i posted a video a day an said if you like them subscribe. and i dint know the forum sections until someone told me this is my first season making videos im still learning bro just trying to help people get better is all

baseballplyrmvp
07-04-2013, 02:49 PM
how did i spam i posted a video a day an said if you like them subscribe. and i dint know the forum sections until someone told me this is my first season making videos im still learning bro just trying to help people get better is all

the problem is you're not helping people get better. you're mostly helping them learn east room cheese tactics. and for a mostly sim site like this, you're gonna get flamed for it.

SmoothPancakes
07-04-2013, 02:54 PM
the problem is you're not helping people get better. you're mostly helping them learn east room cheese tactics. and for a mostly sim site like this, you're gonna get flamed for it.

This. If they were sim tactics, then I'm all for it. But when it's tactics that do nothing but perpetuate the East Room cheesy bullshit that has effectively killed playing randoms online for most of us, then you're not helping anyone get better. You're helping create more people that we will hate more than anything in the future and hope they end up tripping and faceplant through their TVs.

ram29jackson
07-04-2013, 03:21 PM
overload blitz doesn't have crap to do with a Tampa two

bdoughty
07-04-2013, 05:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ShM4Dvh.jpg

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-04-2013, 08:19 PM

please get better BEFORE helping others

:)

SCClassof93
07-04-2013, 10:12 PM

Oh the pain, someone make it stop................................
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/123844-1/Star_Trek_suicide.gif

cnballard05321
07-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Ok guys in today’s video I will be taking a look at Colt McCoy and Mac Brown’s favorite passing concept as well as a popular concept in the game in general. Now this concept will apply more then to just a single play and its basically the whole theory behind the bunch formation in my opinion. The concept I will be looking at today is how teams use triangles in their passing games to properly space the field in order to attack zone coverage. Now this interesting because most teams use levels or curl flats or something where 2 players are key in creating separation, but in this concept it uses 3 players to create a triangle that can beat almost every coverage in the game. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this breakdown, and make sure to check out my youtube channel for videos like this as well as tips and strategies on how to improve in madden and ncaa games. Thanks for watching Guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcPlt6wB5I

dhook27
07-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Ok guys in today’s video I will be taking a look at Colt McCoy and Mac Brown’s favorite passing concept as well as a popular concept in the game in general. Now this concept will apply more then to just a single play and its basically the whole theory behind the bunch formation in my opinion. The concept I will be looking at today is how teams use triangles in their passing games to properly space the field in order to attack zone coverage. Now this interesting because most teams use levels or curl flats or something where 2 players are key in creating separation, but in this concept it uses 3 players to create a triangle that can beat almost every coverage in the game. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this breakdown, and make sure to check out my youtube channel for videos like this as well as tips and strategies on how to improve in madden and ncaa games. Thanks for watching Guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcPlt6wB5I
Stop with the tips they fucking suck and are cheesy bullshit.

cnballard05321
07-12-2013, 12:02 PM
I know a lot of you guys don't like my tips and ideas, but i want to release this to the 2-3 people who enjoy the content. I just finished a 30 page ebook and would like to give it away for free. Thank you guys for being respectful with your criticism as I can see why it is deserved. Also I look forward to bringing you guys better videos and better more realistic concepts and schemes. Thanks for allowing me to post in here this is a blessing and i hope you guys can use something in this ebook.You should be able to pick it up with this link below. Thank you!
http://maddentips365.blogspot.com/

Dregnus
07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
z spot is actually on of my favorite plays stock. very nice triangle read. especially like it on the first play of a ranked game. usually your opponent will try a heavy blitz and it's an easy play to the flat route.

Had a play script last year and Singleback Doubles - Z Spot was the first play on the list. Read it Corner/Flat/Spot.

Not that it ever did me much good, but it was fun.

bdoughty
07-12-2013, 03:17 PM
I know a lot of you guys don't like my tips and ideas, but i want to release this to the 2-3 people who enjoy the content.

Here is a wacky thought. PM the 2-3 people who "enjoy" your content.

Spamming your stupid Madden Tips link is one thing if it was completely free but you ask for donations, hence it is still advertising.

SCClassof93
07-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Here is a wacky thought. PM the 2-3 people who "enjoy" your content.

Spamming your stupid Madden Tips link is one thing if it was completely free but you ask for donations, hence it is still advertising.

Yep, been complaining about the professor for awhile now to no avail :fp:. That is okay though as I am now more amused than ticked :D and will enjoy the trolling :D

bdoughty
07-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Yep, been complaining about the professor for awhile now to no avail :fp:. That is okay though as I am now more amused than ticked :D and will enjoy the trolling :D

Here is what amuses me.

Thank you guys for being respectful with your criticism as I can see why it is deserved.

http://i.imgur.com/XmZ6gFe.gif

SCClassof93
07-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Here is what amuses me.

http://i.imgur.com/XmZ6gFe.gif

No doubt!!

SCClassof93
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM
In the meantime, at least until the professor sees fit to teach us again...........I present the 10 hour extended version of this classic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1eHKf-dMwo

irishfbfan1
07-16-2013, 05:19 AM
\

This^^^

I have bitched about this till I am blue in the face with all of the "Let me see how much I can screw this play up wannabe's". I would like to know how many times these guys who feel they have to change every damn route with hot routing every receiver have actually decreased their chances of a successful play instead of improving it.

I watched a video on youtube the other day with some madden guru who wanted to share his formula for beating man coverage. The play, "MESH", we are off to a good start I thought, and then the wheels fell off as he proceeded to hot route every receiver AND HE DID AWAY WITH THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THE PLAY! THE RUBBING OF THE RECEIVERS LOL!

Don't get me wrong I will hot route, but I place much more attention to detail with PROTECTION, PRE SNAP, and finally POST SNAP Reads. There are some great stock pass plays that many time I don't even touch like STICK, VERTICALS, CURL/FLAT, STRONG FLOOD, MESH, SMASH and of course Z SPOT. All of these plays can be run as is. Sure i Will Hot Route, but my ego is not so big that I feel I have to reroute every receiver every play, and I think often that many guys who will often do this actually do more harm to their offense than they do help it.

just my 2 cents

irish

jolson88
07-16-2013, 01:20 PM
This^^^

I have bitched about this till I am blue in the face with all of the "Let me see how much I can screw this play up wannabe's". I would like to know how many times these guys who feel they have to change every damn route with hot routing every receiver have actually decreased their chances of a successful play instead of improving it.

I watched a video on youtube the other day with some madden guru who wanted to share his formula for beating man coverage. The play, "MESH", we are off to a good start I thought, and then the wheels fell off as he proceeded to hot route every receiver AND HE DID AWAY WITH THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THE PLAY! THE RUBBING OF THE RECEIVERS LOL!

Don't get me wrong I will hot route, but I place much more attention to detail with PROTECTION, PRE SNAP, and finally POST SNAP Reads. There are some great stock pass plays that many time I don't even touch like STICK, VERTICALS, CURL/FLAT, STRONG FLOOD, MESH, SMASH and of course Z SPOT. All of these plays can be run as is. Sure i Will Hot Route, but my ego is not so big that I feel I have to reroute every receiver every play, and I think often that many guys who will often do this actually do more harm to their offense than they do help it.

just my 2 cents

irish

Speaking of Stick and Z Spot, are there good tips out there on how to read the play? I don't feel like I have a read "system" in place yet so it always feels like blind luck when I make the read correctly and complete the pass. I also wish Mesh was more successful this year :(. Practically every time I try to run it this year (when it's man2man coverage), the routes gets mirrored so the defender is always one step ahead of my receivers. The rub also hasn't been that effective for me. And with the optional route (continue drag vs. sit), the WRs seem to always sit, even in M2M. :(.

The route mirroring has also taken away the effectiveness of Shallow Cross for me as well which is sad. When there is M2M coverage and I'm running Shallow Cross, I usually am passing to the HB more often than not (I primarily play against the CPU offline). Makes it a "meh" M2M beater.