PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1, PC)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jaymo76
12-27-2015, 03:48 PM
My goodness this game is so addictive. On a bright sunny day the game looks phenomenal! There is a lot of combat but I am on easy so it's not too bad. Personally I love salvaging and building sanctuary. I have plated 10 hours already and still have not been to Diamond City. Sanctuary looks great though!!!

jaymo76
12-27-2015, 03:53 PM
How exactly does food work? I have six plants and one person tending to them yet it says I only have 2 food. I'm confused on how many plants/varieties you need for each person. Currently there are only 5 of us so I don't know how many plants I need. However, I am also doing a mission which will gain another 2-3 settlers so how many plants in total will be needed? Any help would be appreciated.

jaymo76
12-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Also, is one person tending crops enough? And, does the person/people who tend also harvest them or do I have to do that myself?

bdoughty
12-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Here is a good base building guide.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fallout-4-base-building-guide-food-water-power-defense

When you add more crops you have to recruit a person to harvest them. While in the workshop menu, you can tell if a crop is being harvested by the color, Red means nobody is harvesting it and yellow means it is. The only thing I do not care for is that you generally have no idea who is doing what, outside of seeing people working on crops. If you start building stores, it can become confusing but I found a trick to keep track of what everyone is doing. As you are out in the world pick up clothing and hats, etc. You can trade with people and put clothing, hats etc in their inventory and equip it on them. So you can have the crop workers all wear a certain look, etc.

jaymo76
12-28-2015, 04:12 PM
What is the local leader perk 1 and 2> Clearly I don't have either as I cannot create a trade network nor establish shops. How do I attain these? Help!

bdoughty
12-28-2015, 07:58 PM
What is the local leader perk 1 and 2> Clearly I don't have either as I cannot create a trade network nor establish shops. How do I attain these? Help!

They are in the perks section of the pip boy. You need to have a 6 in Charisma. You have to be level 14 to access the second perk.

JBHuskers
12-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Picked up a 133 rated shotgun last night, once I get leveled up and get to Gun Nut level 2, I'm putting a drum on that bitch, then level 3 to put a quick eject drum. I should have done the gun nut sooner.

jaymo76
12-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Currently I have three settlements up and running.... Sanctuary, Oberland and a third one which I forget the name of. Last night I took out Kellog. The Kellog and Valetnine missions are two of the longest missions I have ever done. After the Kellog mission I saw the Brotherhood of Steel airships... I said I would help earlier... Maybe that was a bad idea???

jaymo76
12-29-2015, 02:07 PM
They are in the perks section of the pip boy. You need to have a 6 in Charisma. You have to be level 14 to access the second perk.

So clearly I misunderstood and put six perks into charisma (top of the page). Now I see what you mean... you need to unlock the 6th box underneath charisma. Damn! Anyway you can reset your pipboy perks on console?

jaymo76
12-29-2015, 02:11 PM
I have gone the simplistic route in regards to my home base. Working on the 100% Bobbleheads and Magazines, so they are spread out to keep track. Now on the flip side, you have absolutely no idea how much copper went into making the last part. 120 light boxes, required 12 full size generators, etc, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1kFjlDRKno

Having played this game now for over 24 hours and seeing how it's such a struggle to find copper... I truly appreciate this video. Out of curiosity, other than Diamond City and trade caravans, are there any other places where you can trade supplies with vendors (outside of the ones you build yourself?).

JBHuskers
12-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Ummmmm. DAMN!

Someone beat Fallout 4 without killing anyone on the hardest difficulty (http://www.gamezone.com/news/someone-beat-fallout-4-without-killing-anyone-on-the-hardest-difficulty-3431533)

steelerfan
12-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Ummmmm. DAMN!

Someone beat Fallout 4 without killing anyone on the hardest difficulty (http://www.gamezone.com/news/someone-beat-fallout-4-without-killing-anyone-on-the-hardest-difficulty-3431533)
Lol.

SUCKS!

bdoughty
12-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Currently I have three settlements up and running.... Sanctuary, Oberland and a third one which I forget the name of. Last night I took out Kellog. The Kellog and Valetnine missions are two of the longest missions I have ever done. After the Kellog mission I saw the Brotherhood of Steel airships... I said I would help earlier... Maybe that was a bad idea???

You can do missions for every faction up to a point. That point varies for each faction, as to when you start pissing off the other factions. Do as many side questd as possible, find the Railroad if you have not yet.

bdoughty
12-29-2015, 06:53 PM
So clearly I misunderstood and put six perks into charisma (top of the page). Now I see what you mean... you need to unlock the 6th box underneath charisma. Damn! Anyway you can reset your pipboy perks on console?

Unfortunately not at this time.

bdoughty
12-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Having played this game now for over 24 hours and seeing how it's such a struggle to find copper... I truly appreciate this video. Out of curiosity, other than Diamond City and trade caravans, are there any other places where you can trade supplies with vendors (outside of the ones you build yourself?).

Find Goodneighbor. Some really fun quests can be found there and two vendors. They are located in the Boston area. There are a couple vendors in certain areas, one is really close to Sanctuary.

jaymo76
12-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Find Goodneighbor. Some really fun quests can be found there and two vendors. They are located in the Boston area. There are a couple vendors in certain areas, one is really close to Sanctuary.

K. Characters in the game have warned me from going south due to too many monsters. The North-west seems pretty free on menacing creatures thus far. I have been using this elite wasteland gear I found rather than my power suit as I only have 3 fusion cores. Is there a point in the game or area on the map where it's pretty much crucial to wear your power suit at all times?

bdoughty
12-29-2015, 08:35 PM
Far Northeast will have some Deathclaws and they will show up in the Boston area on occasion. I would save the power armor as long as you can for trips to the extreme South West section of the Map. Really bad things roam there, plus a bunch of radiation awaits you.

JBHuskers
12-30-2015, 02:15 AM
I rarely use my power suit. I think I have 28 power cores :D Was able to take on a Deathclaw without it in the mayoral bunker. Running and a kickass shotgun help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bdoughty
12-30-2015, 04:35 AM
They toned down the Deathclaws way too much. They used to scare the shit out of me but like you said a shotgun or missile launcher puts em down in a just a couple shots. Assaultrons, especially when you get a Legendary one that is a Dominator are probably the most difficult for me.

JBHuskers
12-30-2015, 10:53 AM
They toned down the Deathclaws way too much. They used to scare the shit out of me but like you said a shotgun or missile launcher puts em down in a just a couple shots. Assaultrons, especially when you get a Legendary one that is a Dominator are probably the most difficult for me.

My first battle with one early one to save the Minutemen was a lengthy one, but that was obviously early on with piss poor weapons.

I don't think I've faced a Dominator yet, but found an Assaultron on a bridge and it raped me a couple of times with a dozen raiders before I defeated them.

jaymo76
12-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Everything was going well... and then...

I set up a supply network between Sanctuary and Oberland Station and another supply line between Oberland and Templines Bluff. Sanctuary only had 13 people due to its distance from everywhere. However, Templines was up to 6 settlers and Oberland was up to 8. I build a Medic stand in Oberland and a trader stand in Templines. I have a plan to make all of my master shops in sanctuary...

I decided to send a settler from Oberland to Sanctuary to get a supply line from Sanctuary to Templines Bluff in order to get triangular trade. I fast traveled to Sanctuary and that's when all hell broke loose as I was attacked by 10 synths. They took out my generator and 4 of my turrets. It's going to take awhile to repair the damage. Really frustrating since I had Sanctuary defence at 64 and completely locked down the two entry points with towers, guards, turrets and walls. How did they get in? I guess it was just a game mission kicking in because now one of the people in my town is a settler synth???

bdoughty
12-30-2015, 09:07 PM
You get random attacks on settlements that pop up on the screen (and are easy to miss because they stick it on the misc quests). These are timed events and if you miss them or get there late, they will tear up crops and damage defenses. Just wait until you get 25+ settlements out there. Gets a bit annoying.

jaymo76
12-31-2015, 02:46 AM
You get random attacks on settlements that pop up on the screen (and are easy to miss because they stick it on the misc quests). These are timed events and if you miss them or get there late, they will tear up crops and damage defenses. Just wait until you get 25+ settlements out there. Gets a bit annoying.

In one hour I have been attacked three times by Synths. Ever since I did the freedom railway mission it has been non-stop. Attack one went after generators and turrets while attack two was at the main gate and attack three was within minutes of the 2nd attack and all of my food was destroyed. I am broke now as all my money goes into repairing the damage done. Wow!

bdoughty
12-31-2015, 06:54 AM
Place turrets up high. If you have been to the town "Covenant" it is a good example of this.

jaymo76
12-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Out of curiosity, is there a cap for maximum amount of people a settlement can have? I have 18, 10 and 9 at my 3 settlements. The development bar at the top is still good. Sad that there is a cap as to how much you can build though. Also, it would be great if you could meet people on the roads and give them directions to your settlements. The map is amazing but it just isn't populated with enough people. Lot's of monsters but more people needed IMO.

bdoughty
12-31-2015, 11:03 PM
20 is the max I have had, though I have seen people with 21. It seems to be tied in with how high your charisma level is. My map once showed 24 in Sanctuary but the extra people were traders.

There are a few people (non-companions) you meet randomly that you can send to a settlement. I can recall of at least 5 off the top of my head. They really meant for the settlement beacon to do they work, while you are off killing feral ghouls and robbing them of their toothbrushes and fancy hairbrushes.

skipwondah33
01-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Made the purchase today at Target. Got it for $49 and picked up Guitar Hero Live as well on a solid deal

So I'll be on later.

Thanks BD for the walk through. Will have to chat with you when I start to play to get some pointers. After I find my mic of course lol

jaymo76
01-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Quick question, but I discovered Bunker Hill settlement last night. However, I cannot use the work station because I am not allied to them. How do I make an allegiance?

bdoughty
01-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Quick question, but I discovered Bunker Hill settlement last night. However, I cannot use the work station because I am not allied to them. How do I make an allegiance?

It only opens up one you have completed a certain mission, relevant to the location.

bdoughty
01-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Made the purchase today at Target. Got it for $49 and picked up Guitar Hero Live as well on a solid deal

So I'll be on later.

Thanks BD for the walk through. Will have to chat with you when I start to play to get some pointers. After I find my mic of course lol

Glad you liked it and will help you as best I can.

skipwondah33
01-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Will definitely be on tonight playing

jaymo76
01-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Will definitely be on tonight playing

Lucky you! My vacation ends tonight and I'm back at work tomorrow. That's okay though as I played the hell out of this game for the past week (49 hours and some odd minutes...).

Honestly the campaign is fun and for a person new to the franchise the story is very enjoyable. I really am more interested in the scavenging and exploration rather than shooting though. Plus, I love city builders and am having a blast building and defending my three settlements. Each one has 17 people. I have discovered several other settlements areas but have not built beacons as I want to make sure the settlements I have all have walled perimeters first.

skipwondah33
01-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Starting it up now.

Going to look through first pages on where to start out at. Going into this completely naked as to what to do lol

jaymo76
01-03-2016, 09:52 PM
BD? JB? Anyone....? Can someone give me a crash course on using power. I get the power lines but I have no idea what all the conduit choices are for. What does each do? Anyone have a guide?

bdoughty
01-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Starting it up now.

Going to look through first pages on where to start out at. Going into this completely naked as to what to do lol

I think the #1 tip is VATS is your friend, not just for killing things but to avoid stepping on the hundreds of landmines and traps in the game. #2 Autosave often. Don't try to play this like Call Of Duty because you will end up dying, a lot. Like I mentioned to Jaymo, turn the difficulty down a notch since you are new to the series. Difficulty can be changed at anytime and does not affect achievements.

bdoughty
01-03-2016, 10:32 PM
BD? JB? Anyone....? Can someone give me a crash course on using power. I get the power lines but I have no idea what all the conduit choices are for. What does each do? Anyone have a guide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2agRESBY8

The only thing he misses is that that not only do the conduits offer a sphere range for lights, that do not require copper, the same goes for the power pylons. So pylons are not always the middle link to creating power. The advantage to conduits are for when you have a large and tall building. The knock is that you have to use a lot of copper to run between the conduits.

steelerfan
01-04-2016, 02:19 AM
What is the objective of this game? How do you win the game? I'm not sure you can answer that without spoiling something for those who play but, if you can, please do.

I've watched a friend play this game a bit and I wasn't impressed at all. That is probably because I don't know what the point is, though.

Kind of dumb questions but I'd appreciate an answer. :)

bdoughty
01-04-2016, 02:54 AM
There is a main objective and it would be a spoiler, also this objective is not the end of the story. The game really does not have an ending per say, there are some closure points but there will always be things to do. You deal with different factions and based on how feel about each will affect those closure points. It's a game that pretty much let's you play it how you see fit. Like building? You can do that. Exploring and finding loot? Yup. Want to kill stuff? Multiple ways to go about it, from a straightforward shooter to more of an RPG type setup (VATS). Go at it stealthy or guns blazing or you can run the whole game with just melee if you choose.

The game does allow you to hand the controller off in share play so I recommend doing that before passing final judgement.

skipwondah33
01-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Played for what felt like 5 hours lastnight (think it ended up being around 2 hours). Majority of that time was walking around like a pansy trying not to get killed lol. Think playing Dead Space. Most of that was due to being new to the game.

Found out early on how important having strength is when I hit my carry weight limit. Had to drop some stuff in a trash can. Didn't ask but will that stuff remain in the trash can until I come back around to it? If so this game got even more awesome (doesn't take much for me I guess). Or can a Raider come by and scoop it?...even cooler if so.

Going to play some more tonight when my son goes to bed. Really interested in finding out how to break down stuff that I've picked up also.

steelerfan
01-04-2016, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the answer. :up:

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Played for what felt like 5 hours lastnight (think it ended up being around 2 hours). Majority of that time was walking around like a pansy trying not to get killed lol. Think playing Dead Space. Most of that was due to being new to the game.

Found out early on how important having strength is when I hit my carry weight limit. Had to drop some stuff in a trash can. Didn't ask but will that stuff remain in the trash can until I come back around to it? If so this game got even more awesome (doesn't take much for me I guess). Or can a Raider come by and scoop it?...even cooler if so.

Going to play some more tonight when my son goes to bed. Really interested in finding out how to break down stuff that I've picked up also.

Yes, whatever you leave in the trash can will be there when you go back to it.

If you have a companion, you can unload the stuff with them as well. Eventually when you level up and choose the strength perks far enough, you can even fast travel when overencumbered. That's a nice perk.

skipwondah33
01-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Yes, whatever you leave in the trash can will be there when you go back to it.

If you have a companion, you can unload the stuff with them as well. Eventually when you level up and choose the strength perks far enough, you can even fast travel when overencumbered. That's a nice perk.Sweet, thanks.

That's pretty cool leaving the stuff with a companion. Guess I have to meet someone first to do that. Can't wait to get some more time with this later

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Sweet, thanks.

That's pretty cool leaving the stuff with a companion. Guess I have to meet someone first to do that. Can't wait to get some more time with this later

If you go to the gas station by Sanctuary, that's where you'll find Dogmeat. He can carry up to 125 I think.

Or if you don't mind the extra legwork, just remember where you stashed it. I've done that a few times.

skipwondah33
01-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Yeah got him lastnight shortly before stopping for the night. Didn't know he could carry anything. I just got into the town part of Concord and stashed it in the trashcan there. Most of it is small stuff but I'll store it with him then if that's the case.

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Yeah got him lastnight shortly before stopping for the night. Didn't know he could carry anything. I just got into the town part of Concord and stashed it in the trashcan there. Most of it is small stuff but I'll store it with him then if that's the case.

Yeah go to him and hit X then trade.

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 04:54 PM
DIG IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omT0PaXYpIE

bdoughty
01-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Don't forget to accessorize your companions. When you trade with a companion, you have the ability to equip them with clothing, guns, armor, etc that you give them.

http://i.imgur.com/e5Zl0V7.png

skipwondah33
01-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Working on my first building in Sactuary.

JBHuskers
01-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Don't forget to accessorize your companions. When you trade with a companion, you have the ability to equip them with clothing, guns, armor, etc that you give them.

http://i.imgur.com/e5Zl0V7.png

Oh yeah, I have Deacon decked out in my armor hand me downs :D

When I had Dogmeat, I gave him a bandana and chain from a raider mongrel I killed.

skipwondah33
01-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Man shit can get real at any moment in this game. Got jumped by what seemed like a pack of wild mongrels...which I thought I killed one but that bastard took 6 close shots from my shotgun. Ended up getting killed then.

Next was ravaged by a pack of feral ghouls. Only saw 2 of them. Shot at one...next thing I know I was running from 5 of them lol. Right into a group of raiders on a bridge. Didn't make it out of that one either.

So now I walk around pressing VATS just to make sure it's clear where ever I walk :D. Had to park the dog...he gets in the way alot of times and ends up getting banged up. Nothing is stealth about him at all

bdoughty
01-06-2016, 10:07 AM
If you plan on going it alone, which is what I do because companions are a pain most of the time. Be sure and level up the "Lone Wanderer" Perk. You can take a lot more damage and add up to 100 weight you can carry. Third perk is the best giving you 25% more damage. Of course you have to wait until lvl 40 for it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lone_Wanderer_%28perk%29

Dogmeat is really bad around traps.

http://i.imgur.com/6Z9PbRq.webm

skipwondah33
01-06-2016, 10:20 AM
:D See what I mean. He just goes about his own business..while I'm trying to slowly walk around and assess the area. He's barking and running off and shit.

How does the perks come about? Once you up all the stars?

JBHuskers
01-06-2016, 10:39 AM
If you plan on going it alone, which is what I do because companions are a pain most of the time. Be sure and level up the "Lone Wanderer" Perk. You can take a lot more damage and add up to 100 weight you can carry. Third perk is the best giving you 25% more damage. Of course you have to wait until lvl 40 for it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lone_Wanderer_%28perk%29

Dogmeat is really bad around traps.

http://i.imgur.com/6Z9PbRq.webm

I saw that perk and was very tempted. I get 150 carry weight with Deacon anyways :)

JBHuskers
01-06-2016, 10:40 AM
:D See what I mean. He just goes about his own business..while I'm trying to slowly walk around and assess the area. He's barking and running off and shit.

How does the perks come about? Once you up all the stars?

Yes each perk has four or five levels to them with increasing benefits.

bdoughty
01-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Every time you level up you can put a new perk from your pip-boy. You can put points in perks based on how many stars you have for each SPECIAL category. While you can add stars to bump up the SPECIAL, it is better to concentrate on the perks (which are the items under the top SPECIAL attributes) first. For the Lone Wanderer you need to have 3 stars in Charisma. Go down 3 levels and you will find it. As you level up perks the next perk will require a higher level.

A good video on perks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_fXsNyROQo

JBHuskers
01-06-2016, 10:49 AM
I used my 33 and 34 level ups to get Gun Nut 2 & 3 so I can get a quick eject drum mag on my 133 OVR shotgun. Now it has 32 in each clip! LOVE IT!

skipwondah33
01-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Damn it I haven't chose a single perk yet then. All I've done is choose what I wanted my level up star to be. Going to check that when I get home for lunch now lol

JBHuskers
01-12-2016, 09:36 AM
:D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGXXFC0emkU

bdoughty
01-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Those wacky Deathclaws. Only one thing scarier in the Commonwealth.

http://i.imgur.com/ZyUzRYD.jpg

JBHuskers
01-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Some killer cosplay of Nick Valentine

https://www.facebook.com/arcanumorder/posts/766182090192833

skipwondah33
01-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Those wacky Deathclaws. Only one thing scarier in the Commonwealth.

http://i.imgur.com/ZyUzRYD.jpgThat is gold ! :D

JBHuskers
01-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Ol' Preston :D

bdoughty
01-17-2016, 08:27 AM
What is the highest settlement happiness you have seen? I have been playing for quite some time and still have not seen 90%. I have done all the things people post on the internet to raise it, except for spending hours in a settlement walking around and tinkering with things just to keep people happy. Yes, the minute you leave to do something, happiness will drop and I simply refuse to go that route as there are nuka cola bottles to collect and raiders that need killing. Everyone in Sanctuary has a job, their own bed, in their own cubicle and clothes that give them higher charisma. Have all the lvl 3 stores and even added 5 more lvl 3 Medical stores to keep everyone working. 3 full blown water purifiers, 250 defense, statues, paintings, chairs and radios in every bedroom. Nothing works. I do not even care about the achievement, this is more of a me versus the programmers who came up with this bullshit system that is happiness. Hear a fix maybe in the new in the PC beta patch. Even so I want to do this before they make it so. Only 1% of PS4 gamers have achieved this and that seems high to me based on my experience. Problem I have is there is little else I can do. My settlement has reached full capacity. I have to destroy one thing just to create another.

jaymo76
01-17-2016, 05:58 PM
I cannot get past 81% for settlement happiness in the 4 settlements I have. I'm also stuck at 18 people. However I cannot send anyone else to the settlements with 18. Is that because I have provisioners in the towns?

bdoughty
01-17-2016, 06:42 PM
I cannot get past 81% for settlement happiness in the 4 settlements I have. I'm also stuck at 18 people. However I cannot send anyone else to the settlements with 18. Is that because I have provisioners in the towns?

Population is based on your Charisma rating plus a base of 10, so 20 is the max.

skipwondah33
01-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Man I'm nowhere near any of this.

I still have a 1 house shack with beds all over the place.

No clothes or paintings.

Have a garden, some defense and some water pumps

I'm just now to the town of Overland.

Still find myself tip toeing around trying not to get attacked by something lol

JBHuskers
01-18-2016, 09:16 AM
I don't really worry about the town numbers unless there is some red.

bdoughty
01-18-2016, 10:19 AM
I don't really worry about the town numbers unless there is some red.

You know there is an achievement tied to this? Who are you and what did you do with JB?

JBHuskers
01-18-2016, 10:22 AM
You know there is an achievement tied to this? Who are you and what did you do with JB?

:D if I was a true trophy whore, I could get 10 plats in a month with some of the games I'm close to or the games I have with easy plats.

I do plan on trying to get the plat here at least sometime. I'll have to look into that trophy.

JBHuskers
01-18-2016, 10:28 AM
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/fallout-4/trophy/125238-Benevolent-Leader.html

Do not set up supply routes :D

Are you able to kill the routes?

bdoughty
01-18-2016, 10:38 AM
Normally this game would be right in my wheelhouse in going for a Plat. Unfortunately a few of the achievements are tied into winning the game with all 4 groups (I have completed it with two of them). There is one group that I would never roll with because their logic is batshit crazy and one that I thought I would until I reached a point in it's story arc.

bdoughty
01-18-2016, 10:42 AM
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/fallout-4/trophy/125238-Benevolent-Leader.html

Do not set up supply routes :D

Are you able to kill the routes?

Yeah, in fact I just did that today. Just go to any of the places in the route. Take a seat and hit wait and they will eventually show up. All you need to do is go into the workshop mode and press (square) to move them to another settlement which will no longer have them as a provisioner and turn them back into a settler. Rinse and repeat until all the lines are gone.

JBHuskers
01-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Yeah, in fact I just did that today. Just go to any of the places in the route. Take a seat and hit wait and they will eventually show up. All you need to do is go into the workshop mode and press (square) to move them to another settlement which will no longer have them as a provisioner and turn them back into a settler. Rinse and repeat until all the lines are gone.

Yeah I'll have to figure that out :D I know there are at least 3 or 4 supply routes to Sanctuary because that's where all my mounds of materials are.

Or just set up a new settlement, but I'm assuming it'd be easier to build on Sanctuary.

JBHuskers
02-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Patch is incoming this week, and hopefully this really fixes things:

Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-patch-hits-pc-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one/1100-6434383/

Fallout 4 1.3 Patch Notes:

New Features

New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+ (PC)
New weapon debris effects (PC NVIDIA cards)
Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode (PC)

Gameplay Fixes

General memory and stability improvements
Improved performance when looking through a scope
Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
Robotics expert is now usable in combat
Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked

Quest Fixes

Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly

Workshop Fixes

Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
Building wires no longer uses up copper
Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
Diamond City house now shows provided power
Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading

bdoughty
02-01-2016, 10:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ9iH3iy4NU

JBHuskers
02-02-2016, 04:50 PM
I fast traveled place to head to my next Quartermastery mission and as soon as I landed, BOOM! Someone's moonshine distillery exploded :D

skipwondah33
02-02-2016, 07:41 PM
So yeah I'd advise no one go snooping around in the Fraternal Order house or whatever its called in the city next to the Brewery

Made the mistake of going in there looking for trouble and I sure as hell found it!

Once the alarm went off I knew I was in trouble so I tried to exit out the door...didn't know enemies can follow you hahaha

JBHuskers
02-03-2016, 09:24 AM
So yeah I'd advise no one go snooping around in the Fraternal Order house or whatever its called in the city next to the Brewery

Made the mistake of going in there looking for trouble and I sure as hell found it!

Once the alarm went off I knew I was in trouble so I tried to exit out the door...didn't know enemies can follow you hahaha

Wuss :D

I'm a level 45 now with a 163 POW shotgun with a silencer on it. I ain't scurrred.

skipwondah33
02-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Wuss :D

I'm a level 45 now with a 163 POW shotgun with a silencer on it. I ain't scurrred.Yeah well I still don't know exactly what all I'm doing and half the time is spent making sure nothing is around the corner lol

Plus I'm pretty sure I'm only level 10-11 tops with mostly basic weapons. Think the best weapons I have are a modified pistol and sniper rifle. Had I went in there with power armor and expecting a full on army in there with...I forgot to add there is nothing but super mutants and some other things that didn't look like regular raiders, I wouldn't have cared lol

JBHuskers
02-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Yeah well I still don't know exactly what all I'm doing and half the time is spent making sure nothing is around the corner lol

Plus I'm pretty sure I'm only level 10-11 tops with mostly basic weapons. Think the best weapons I have are a modified pistol and sniper rifle. Had I went in there with power armor and expecting a full on army in there with...I forgot to add there is nothing but super mutants and some other things that didn't look like regular raiders, I wouldn't have cared lol

I rarely use my power armor.

The only thing that I'm afraid of is missiles as one direct hit will still wipe me out LOL

skipwondah33
02-03-2016, 10:17 AM
I've only used mine when I have found one. Always figure I'll need it so I want to conserve it lol. I did upgrade the armor on one of them.

Now that I know what to expect going into that place in the future I'll be better prepared. I went in there not expecting a fire fight and just to scrounge up some supplies. Well that isn't the place to do that unless you are ready with an arsenal.

I'm still running solo as well. Trying to get people to come along but not sure how to do that.

JBHuskers
02-03-2016, 12:00 PM
I've only used mine when I have found one. Always figure I'll need it so I want to conserve it lol. I did upgrade the armor on one of them.

Now that I know what to expect going into that place in the future I'll be better prepared. I went in there not expecting a fire fight and just to scrounge up some supplies. Well that isn't the place to do that unless you are ready with an arsenal.

I'm still running solo as well. Trying to get people to come along but not sure how to do that.

As you go along, if you don't use the power suit much and just rely on better armor, you'll have more power cores than you know what to do with.

To get your first companion, you can go to the Red Rocket gas station right by Sanctuary to get Dogmeat, or you can go to Diamond City and find Nick Valentine and his detective agency. The key thing once you get a companion is to trade with them and equip them with a good weapon and armor. You transfer it to them then highlight it on them and hit triangle to equip it.

I'm rolling with a sexy lil Irish lass named Cait right now :D she's in love with me.

skipwondah33
02-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Yeah I have Dogmeat right now but I need something that can send some bullets back at people :D

Plus he gets in the way and walks around like he's indestructible haha

JBHuskers
02-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Yeah I have Dogmeat right now but I need something that can send some bullets back at people :D

Plus he gets in the way and walks around like he's indestructible haha

Well technically he is :D NPC's can't be killed. I think Nick Diamond is the quickest way to get a companion, but overall there are a dozen or so.

skipwondah33
02-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Well technically he is :D NPC's can't be killed. I think Nick Diamond is the quickest way to get a companion, but overall there are a dozen or so.Well I'm not :D. Sometimes I want stealth and he's barking and running up to things haha

See I was under the impression that I could make anyone a companion. Haven't made it to Diamond City yet I don't think. The one dude keeps sending me on missions to help people but won't help me for shit.

gschwendt
02-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Well I'm not :D. Sometimes I want stealth and he's barking and running up to things haha

See I was under the impression that I could make anyone a companion. Haven't made it to Diamond City yet I don't think. The one dude keeps sending me on missions to help people but won't help me for shit.
Ignore Preston... all of his missions to help people are literally never ending so definitely don't focus on those.

JBHuskers
02-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Ignore Preston... all of his missions to help people are literally never ending so definitely don't focus on those.

Just do them for something to do and get supplies and stuff. They're all just clearing out buildings and such to get a settlement on your side.

Eventually Preston can be a companion too after you do enough of them I think.

bdoughty
02-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Well I'm not :D. Sometimes I want stealth and he's barking and running up to things haha

You know Codsworth can be a companion once you finish the concord mission? He is okay in battle but do not expect to steal a bunch of stuff, he will turn on you pretty quick.

bdoughty
02-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Have you guys run into the fake Preston Garvey yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCRGmb0KqXo

skipwondah33
02-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Yeah Codsworth asked to go one time but I never took him

I'll try next time I go back to Sanctuary

jaymo76
02-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Have you guys run into the fake Preston Garvey yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCRGmb0KqXo

So is the fake a synth or just as con artist?

jaymo76
02-03-2016, 09:01 PM
I take Piper on all my missions. No real reason other than the fact that she is least annoying.

bdoughty
02-03-2016, 09:17 PM
So is the fake a synth or just as con artist?

Con Artist. Any synth you kill has a synth component in their inventory.

bdoughty
02-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I take Piper on all my missions. No real reason other than the fact that she is least annoying.

She was the first one that I successfully romanced into a lesbian and she gives you candy and sweets. Then I went with Cait but she was more fun on the chems. I have used most of the companions for at least a short period and I would say Nick Valentine was my favorite.

I just roll solo now, kicking it in my full suit of X-01 Power Armor and jet packing to places you guys can't get to. There are those who wear power armor and those who spend most of their game sucking down stimpaks like they were skittles. I look like a badass destroying the Commonwealth. You guys look like.

http://i.imgur.com/EsMqb0q.png

gschwendt
02-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Fallout 4 DLC plans announced:
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Automatron - March 2016 - $10
The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop - April 2016 - $5
With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixi tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far Harbor - May 2016 - $25
A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016. Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recent weapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.

SmoothPancakes
02-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Shit! I may have to buy the season pass before I buy the game. I've only got the spare funds for one game purchase right now (got an expensive week long trip coming up in April), and that money is being set aside for The Division.

I may have snag the season pass for this at $30 and have it ready for when I buy Fallout 4 in maybe April or May.

JBHuskers
02-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Definitely looking forward to replaying on survival mode.

jaymo76
02-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Far Harbour sounds very interesting!

bdoughty
02-17-2016, 06:41 AM
Far Harbour sounds very interesting!

It has a heavy Point Lookout vibe to it (Fallout 3 DLC) and that was one of my favorite DLC's. Point Lookout also had some seriously tough enemies, including a heavy dose of Feral Ghoul Reavers. Also a crazy cult now that I think about it.

jaymo76
02-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Say what you will about the Brotherhood but those guys sure have your back when you need it. I was pinned down against some Supermutants and out of nowhere the Brotherhood dropped in and took out everyone for me and then flew off. Nice!

bdoughty
02-19-2016, 01:47 AM
Say what you will about the Brotherhood but those guys sure have your back when you need it. I was pinned down against some Supermutants and out of nowhere the Brotherhood dropped in and took out everyone for me and then flew off. Nice!

USA USA USA! The Brotherhood are basically Team USA. I knew you loved us. :fb:
The Railroad would be Canada or Norway.
The Minutemen would be Switzerland.
The Institute would be North Korea.

Until you reach a certain point in the game and then all become Nazi Germany if you choose to side with them.

JBHuskers
02-19-2016, 08:50 AM
I haven't used my vertibird smoke grenades yet.

jaymo76
02-20-2016, 04:57 PM
90% of the game for me is building my settlements. I love fortifying them. However, all of my settlements are at 17 people. One is 18 but I cannot get past that point. How do you get to 20?

bdoughty
02-20-2016, 07:08 PM
90% of the game for me is building my settlements. I love fortifying them. However, all of my settlements are at 17 people. One is 18 but I cannot get past that point. How do you get to 20?

Charisma must be lvl 10. I would assume you are at 7. The reason you get higher numbers on occasion is that a Provisioner is in town.

jaymo76
02-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Even though the Castle has a broadcast antenna and the freedom radio is broadcast from that location, do you still need to build a settlement beacon? I have 6 people there (2 I have sent and three who showed up when I did the armory mission). It seems crazy that you need to build a beacon considering it is the broadcast source for all the commonwealth settlements...

bdoughty
02-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Even though the Castle has a broadcast antenna and the freedom radio is broadcast from that location, do you still need to build a settlement beacon? I have 6 people there (2 I have sent and three who showed up when I did the armory mission). It seems crazy that you need to build a beacon considering it is the broadcast source for all the commonwealth settlements...

Yes it still needs the Beacon.

JBHuskers
02-22-2016, 10:13 AM
I have 21 at the gas station by Sanctuary, I'm trying to get that 100% trophy, but the problem is I have 18 level 3 clinics but I can't pull anyone from the food to fill the last one. Not sure how to get around it.

JBHuskers
02-22-2016, 12:14 PM
The Scariest Places in Fallout 4 (http://www.ranker.com/list/creepy-fallout-4-places/whitneysmoore?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pd&utm_campaign=Unsettling_Fallout_PPE_Desktop_1&utm_tgt=fallout_fallout2_fallout_new_vegas_fallout _3)

jaymo76
02-22-2016, 06:50 PM
I have 21 at the gas station by Sanctuary, I'm trying to get that 100% trophy, but the problem is I have 18 level 3 clinics but I can't pull anyone from the food to fill the last one. Not sure how to get around it.

I thought the max was 20?

JBHuskers
02-22-2016, 06:52 PM
I thought the max was 20?
If you have 11 charisma you can get 21

bdoughty
02-23-2016, 07:25 AM
I have taken a break from the game but once they bring out the new survival mode I will make another run-through and do all the DLC. Really wish they would hurry up with the creation tools for consoles. Not expecting much but it would be nice to have a nuclear winter and other seasons. Lucky ass PC owners and the seasons project.

http://i.imgur.com/rS13gVa.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Hd4qwOP.gif

http://i.imgur.com/1JMf1iX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/o3tdXwu.gif

bdoughty
02-23-2016, 07:35 AM
Just saw this article from yesterday regarding survival mode and all the other stuff.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/02/22/todd-howard-discusses-fallout-4-dlc-mods-amp-survival-mode.aspx

The bits we’ve done, and me recently playing it, it’s absolutely some of the most fun I’ve had playing Fallout. I mean that honestly. It changes it in a good way for me, but it might not for everybody.

We’re doing things like you can’t save, it only saves your game when you sleep. You can’t fast travel. There’re all of these diseases. We’re trying it all. It’s a different experience. We’re not trying to make it a ton harder. It’s harder because you’re doing more things. We want the combat to feel different, as opposed to just being a bullet sponge.

Only save when you sleep and no fast travel. Yikes. Sign me up but I will have to get used to dying a lot.

JBHuskers
02-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Just saw this article from yesterday regarding survival mode and all the other stuff.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/02/22/todd-howard-discusses-fallout-4-dlc-mods-amp-survival-mode.aspx

Only save when you sleep and no fast travel. Yikes. Sign me up but I will have to get used to dying a lot.

Yeah I'm definitely doing to play it that way next playthrough. I just wanna go and do everything first at the current difficulty.

jaymo76
02-23-2016, 08:11 PM
Wow! Would love to see seasons on console...

bdoughty
02-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Fallout 4 New Survival Mode Overview (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4s-new-more-challenging-survival-mode-expl/1100-6435071/)

Saving

Manual and quicksaving are disabled. To save your game, you'll need to find a bed and sleep for at least an hour.

Combat

Combat is more lethal for everyone. You now deal, but also take, more damage. You can increase the damage you deal even further with "Adrenaline" (see below).

Fast Travel

Fast Travel is disabled. If you wish to be somewhere, you'll have to physically travel there.

Weighted Ammo

Bullets and shells now all have a small amount of weight, which varies by caliber. Heavier items such as fusion cores, rockets, and mini-nukes can really drag you down.

Compass

Be sure to keep your eyes peeled, as enemies will no longer appear on your compass. As well, the distance at which locations of interest will appear has been significantly shortened.

Adrenaline

Survival automatically grants the Adrenaline perk, which provides a bonus to your damage output. Unlike other perks, the only way to increase your rank of the Adrenaline perk is by getting kills (hostile or otherwise). The higher your Adrenaline rank, the higher the damage bonus. Sleeping for more than an hour, however, will cause your Adrenaline rank to lower. You can check your current Adrenaline rank at any time in the Perks section on the Stat tab in your Pip-Boy.

Wellness

You'll find it difficult to survive without taking proper care of yourself. You must stay hydrated, fed, and rested to remain combat-ready. Going for extended periods of time without food, water, or sleep will begin to adversely affect your health, hurting your SPECIAL stats, adding to your Fatigue (see "Fatigue" below), lowering your immunity (see "Sickness" below), and eventually even dealing physical damage to you.

Fatigue

Fatigue works like radiation but affects your Action Points (AP) rather than your Hit Points (HP). The more Fatigue you've built up, the less AP you'll have for other actions. The amount of Fatigue you've accumulated is displayed in red on your AP bar.

Sickness

A comprised immune system and a few questionable decisions can end up getting you killed. Eating uncooked meat, drinking unpurified water, taking damage from disease-ridden sources, such as ghouls and bugs, or using harmful Chems all put your body at increased risk for various ill effects. When you are afflicted with an illness, a message will appear onscreen. You can view specifics about your current illnesses by navigating to the Status section on your Pip-Boy's Data tab and pressing [RShoulder] to view your active effects.

Antibiotics

Antibiotics, which can be crafted at Chem Stations or purchased from doctors, heal the various effects of sickness.

Bed Types

The type of bed you're sleeping in determines the length of time you are able to stay asleep. A sleeping bag will save your game and may help save your life when you're desperate, but it will never allow for a full night's rest and the benefits that come with it.

Crippled Limbs

Crippled limbs will no longer auto-heal after combat and will remain crippled until healed by a Stimpak.

Carry Weight

Exceeding your carry weight reduces your Endurance and Agility stats and periodically damages your legs and health. Think of your back!

Companions

Companions will no longer automatically get back up if downed during combat and will return home if abandoned without being healed.

Enemy and Loot Repopulation

Locations you've cleared will now repopulate enemies and loot at a significantly slower rate.

JBHuskers
02-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Yes! LOVE IT ALL!

jaymo76
02-24-2016, 08:17 PM
It's too bad you cannot toggle on and off the above features. I really like some of them but to me in a game like this, fast travel is a must.

JBHuskers
02-24-2016, 10:17 PM
It's too bad you cannot toggle on and off the above features. I really like some of them but to me in a game like this, fast travel is a must.

I think it adds to the danger with enemies on your way to where you need to go.

bdoughty
02-25-2016, 01:52 AM
I think it adds to the danger with enemies on your way to where you need to go.

Plus it kills the whole sleeping in a bed concept to save. Get in trouble, run away and fast travel back to a safe place with a bed. It definitely extends the length of the game and is one of the reasons "seasons" would make a great addition for consoles. Giving you something new to look at while you make your way back to Sanctuary or Diamond City for the umpteenth time. On the bright side there will be far less loading screens. ;)

That is what ticks me off about the PC guys getting the official creation kit first. The PC guys already have tons of modifications. We are the ones still playing vanilla fallout.

JBHuskers
02-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Has anyone found Gene yet? I think buying his Junkyard Dog is the key to 100% on a settlement. I've been combing the roads for him lately with no luck. Google search show that people have truly found him anywhere and everywhere.

jaymo76
02-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Has anyone found Gene yet? I think buying his Junkyard Dog is the key to 100% on a settlement. I've been combing the roads for him lately with no luck. Google search show that people have truly found him anywhere and everywhere.

I came across Gene in the Combat Zone.

JBHuskers
02-29-2016, 09:51 AM
I came across Gene in the Combat Zone.

I have spent a few hours looking for Gene to where it's become a game within the game :D but I've discovered some new areas in doing so like Covenant.

JBHuskers
02-29-2016, 09:51 AM
PSA: If you haven't bought the Fallout 4 Season Pass, DO IT TODAY, the price goes up to $49.99 tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Season-Pass-Digital-Code/dp/B016VFPZVG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1456761016&sr=1-1&keywords=fallout+4+season+pass

JBHuskers
03-01-2016, 01:05 AM
Finally! Near Arcjet Systems.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160301/5c74af4da9ffa36ee1a236dad4490f2c.jpg

jaymo76
03-01-2016, 02:01 AM
You run into the guy who wants to sell you a credit card? I assume he is a scammer but figured I should check to be sure.

bdoughty
03-01-2016, 06:16 AM
You run into the guy who wants to sell you a credit card? I assume he is a scammer but figured I should check to be sure.

Jaymo, I have some blinker fluid and it can be yours for a really cheap price. I will even cover shipping and handling.

JBHuskers
03-01-2016, 09:34 AM

Jaymo, I have some blinker fluid and it can be yours for a really cheap price. I will even cover shipping and handling.

:D

Yeah, what machine would you swipe it on?

I told him to fuck off.

jaymo76
03-01-2016, 07:10 PM

I know... I know... But just wanted to make sure it's not a secret accomplishment or something.

gschwendt
03-01-2016, 07:21 PM

I know... I know... But just wanted to make sure it's not a secret accomplishment or something.
I did the same thing. I had plenty of caps to spare so I just bought it. Nothing happened other than losing the caps.

bdoughty
03-01-2016, 07:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/73SYQ9J.png

;)

bdoughty
03-01-2016, 07:32 PM
I killed and dismembered the guy for trying to fleece me and took everything he had. Then dragged what was left of his body into the police station to let others know what happens when you try the same thing.

Apparently those liberal comedy news shows make you soft. :nod: Might want to avoid watching Samantha Bee. You guys will be handing over your weapons to the Raiders in exchange for Jet.

JBHuskers
03-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Yes!

bdoughty
03-03-2016, 02:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nkB1bwF.gif

JBHuskers
03-03-2016, 02:47 PM
That took a lot of sit and wait for that to get to 100. Easily the biggest pain in the ass trophy in the game.

bdoughty
03-03-2016, 02:54 PM
That is why I have yet to get that trophy. You have to babysit those little shits. Do you go out on a mission and do stuff or sleep in a bed, over and over. Thankfully I am in a Fallout hiatus and do not have to deal with it.

I really do wish they would port Fallout Shelter to the consoles.

jaymo76
03-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Had a 2.2 GB patch yesterday but I'm not really sure what if anything it did.

jaymo76
03-13-2016, 09:59 PM
The big showdown at Bunker Hill... I told both the Railway and the Brotherhood. It was non-stop action watching all sides destroy each other.

gschwendt
03-14-2016, 08:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMY0IETkDrU

jaymo76
03-15-2016, 02:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMY0IETkDrU

Not sure why but that DLC doesn't really speak to me. It doesn't seem like a natural fit to the flow and feel of Fallout 4 IMO.

jaymo76
03-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Too much stress for a video game! For the past five days I am sitting at Mass Fusion. I informed the Brotherhood but didn't get on the Vertabird as I have the popup that basically says if I choose ne over the other, I will be permanently hostile to the other side. I also disassembled the transporter to get me into the Institute and have several institute missions (including the Synth rebellion I am in the process of building) I read that IF I take sides with the Brotherhood I will automatically be at war with the Railroad. My goal is to bring down the institute, support the Minutemen and still have good relations with the Brotherhood and the Railroad.

Any thoughts gents? Someone online suggested to shoot a director in the Institute and then I will get banished but I don't see how that would change things? My biggest issue is that I want to stay on good terms with the Railroad and the Institute while staying loyal to the Minutemen so that I can still do the missions for the three groups.

JBHuskers
03-21-2016, 11:33 AM
You're going to have to eventually choose a side. What I did is create two save files. One for siding with the Brotherhood, one for the Institute.

jaymo76
03-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Finished the game last night. I ended up getting the ending I wanted. I went with the Minutemen and I ended up being at peace with BOTH the Railroad and the Brotherhood. Desdemona and I are good. However, the Brotherhood's leader won't talk to me because I didn't do "Liberty prime."

I have been playing this game non-stop since Christmas and building settlements has been so much fun. There are still lots of things to do.... But with the main mission done I'm not sure if I will come back to the game that often. The game is phenomenal! However once the main mission ends the replay value drops a lot (for me).

I need to finish Witcher 3 and Just Cause but I also want to try out the DLC as well as go back and play Fallout 3 so I'm not sure what is up next for my gaming schedule.

JBHuskers
03-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Since The Division came out I haven't touched this :D but I'll be back shortly.

JBHuskers
04-27-2016, 10:31 AM
My girlfriend got me Fallout Monopoly :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3RhF92l1I

bdoughty
05-04-2016, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0wSCFBJcSs

jaymo76
05-04-2016, 07:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0wSCFBJcSs

Is this a trailer for Fallout 4 DLC or Witcher 3 DLC? Seriously, it felt like something right out of Witcher. Regardless, looks great!

bdoughty
05-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Survival mode is now available. I tested it out with my current character and it is just a bit too much for me. Adrenaline, sleep depredation and thirst all kicked in really fast. I could probably manage these and the diseases but the carry weight changes and no fast travel would just suck the joy out of it for me.

Now the proud member of the Benevolent Leader club! Have no clue what kicked it in gear but killing Trashcan Carla seemed to do the trick for me.

jaymo76
05-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Survival mode is now available. I tested it out with my current character and it is just a bit too much for me. Adrenaline, sleep depredation and thirst all kicked in really fast. I could probably manage these and the diseases but the carry weight changes and no fast travel would just suck the joy out of it for me.

Now the proud member of the Benevolent Leader club! Have no clue what kicked it in gear but killing Trashcan Carla seemed to do the trick for me.

Well, Carla was an informant for the Institute so I guess it's okay...

bdoughty
05-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Well, Carla was an informant for the Institute so I guess it's okay...

She was not a very good one though. All that time in Sanctuary and she never put together that Sturges was a Synth. The one that shocked me most was that Magnolia was a synth. I had girl on girl action with her, only to find out she was a frigging robot. Shame on you Bethesda, shame.

jaymo76
05-08-2016, 12:32 PM
thoughts...

I didn't know Magnolia was a synth. FYI... I don't like that Paladin Danse is a Synth. Since I chose the Minutemen his storyline never kicked in. However, the game no longer sends him back to the Pyrdwin so essentially he has been exiled even though his story line never kicked in.

bdoughty
05-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Some of it is lazy writing to try to get anyone to side with the Railroad. If you look at the trophy stats the Railroad was the least finished faction. The only redeeming part of the Railroad is Tinker Tom gives you Ballistic Weave armor that is some of the best in the game but you can get it well before you have to side with the Railroad.

Danse being a synth is trying to get you to feel something for synths. Then you have Nick Valentine the gumshoe synth, loved by Diamond City because he saved the previous mayors daughter.

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2016, 07:35 AM
I really need to get around to buying this.

bdoughty
05-09-2016, 06:11 PM
At this point you should probably wait for the GOTY version and get everything for $59.99. Especially since the DLC is now $50, up from $30.

bdoughty
05-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Far Harbor out this week (19th) and something even better on the horizon?

A Nuka Cola World? Yes Please! (http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-expansion-called-nuka-world-data-mined-game-files/?utm_source=wccftechtwitterfeed&utm_medium=wccftechtwitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Wccftechcom+%28WCCFtech.com%2 9)

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2016, 05:51 PM
At this point you should probably wait for the GOTY version and get everything for $59.99. Especially since the DLC is now $50, up from $30.
I already picked up the season pass separately on the very last day when it was still $30. Just waiting for a good sale on the main game now.

bdoughty
05-16-2016, 07:02 PM
I already picked up the season pass separately on the very last day when it was still $30. Just waiting for a good sale on the main game now.

Amazon has some descent deals. The one advantage to the XB1 version is you get access to the Creation Kit/Mods a month earlier. In fact it will be in Beta for XB1 by the end of the month.

$34.99 for XB1 (http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-4-Xbox-One/dp/B00YQ1NOPM?ie=UTF8&keywords=fallout%204&qid=1463443109&ref_=sr_1_1_twi_gam_1&sr=8-1)

$29.49 for PS4 (http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-4-PlayStation/dp/B00YQ2KCWO?ie=UTF8&keywords=fallout%204&qid=1463443109&ref_=sr_1_1_twi_gam_2&sr=8-1)

bdoughty
05-17-2016, 07:46 AM
Fallout meets The Last of US. So damn sexy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5swLBoWTvPQ

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2016, 09:41 AM
Amazon has some descent deals. The one advantage to the XB1 version is you get access to the Creation Kit/Mods a month earlier. In fact it will be in Beta for XB1 by the end of the month.

$34.99 for XB1 (http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-4-Xbox-One/dp/B00YQ1NOPM?ie=UTF8&keywords=fallout%204&qid=1463443109&ref_=sr_1_1_twi_gam_1&sr=8-1)

$29.49 for PS4 (http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-4-PlayStation/dp/B00YQ2KCWO?ie=UTF8&keywords=fallout%204&qid=1463443109&ref_=sr_1_1_twi_gam_2&sr=8-1)
Nice! I didn't realize Amazon had it that low. I was hoping MS would put it on sale digitally, but for that price, hell, I'll go with physical.

Edit - And order placed! Fallout 4 will be here by no later than 8pm tomorrow! :)

bdoughty
05-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Nice! I didn't realize Amazon had it that low. I was hoping MS would put it on sale digitally, but for that price, hell, I'll go with physical.

Edit - And order placed! Fallout 4 will be here by no later than 8pm tomorrow! :)

Congrats! Soon this will make sense.

http://i.imgur.com/BvPyY7D.jpg

JBHuskers
05-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Say goodbye to your life lol I'm almost done with the Division until a big update so it'll be back to this for me. I was to the point where I decide between the two factions after a lot of messing around.

Then after the story, I'll do survival mode!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Alright, game just arrived about a half hour ago. Got it installing right now while I finish up some yard work.

What should I focus on when I dive into the game? What should be my primary concern early on? What should I focus on in regards to SPECIAL?

Can I just kill that prick Preston as soon as I meet him?

JBHuskers
05-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Do what you want. That's the beauty of it. I always focus on strength so I can carry more and eventually be able to fast travel while over-encumbered.

bdoughty
05-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Do what you want. That's the beauty of it.

Pretty much this. Though I usually go it alone as companions are a PITA. So instead of wasting points on strength, just add the to Lone Wanderer perk, assuming you decide to go solo. You will be able to carry far more stuff quicker with the addition of taking less damage. * Bear in mind there are some quests that force you to use a companion and for these segments you lose the perk, so you need to put a couple points in the toughness perk. If you plan to shoot, instead of melee, never go higher than 3 points in Strength to begin with. This gives you enough to be able to access the Armorer perk to improve combat and power armor.

I will give one bit of advice that I wish I knew on my first run because finding adhesive is a bitch, not to mention adhesive is required to make most modifications. As soon as you can build water purifiers in Sanctuary City do so. The bigger the better. These will help you make a lot of caps quick as you will get an amount of purifies water in your workbench ever day or so. Make sure and store some of the water, then find and plant as much Corn, Mutfruit and Tato as you can. Combine these with Purified water and you can use the stove to make Vegetable Starch, which is an adhesive.

You can't kill Preston or any of his crew outside of Mama Murphy. To be honest these two will be the ones you are least likely you would want to kill out of the group.

jaymo76
05-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Well my favourite aspect of the game is building settlements. I really spent the most time exploring and building and try to fight as little as possible. The story is good but you don't need to rush through it as the replay value drops after the main story is finished.

bdoughty
05-19-2016, 07:02 AM
Early Far Harbor Impressions:

Very minor spoilers but I will hide them for those not wishing to have anything spoiled.

Pros:

Love the atmosphere early on.
Only completed two quests and one was a pretty kick ass misc quest. It leads you to a vault and a robot murder mystery.
Big map, of course we already knew that.
A few new perks levels added. Lone Wanderer now has a 4th perk for example.
There are three or four new settlements, I have not seen them yet but was mentioned on another site, plus there is a trophy for unlocking 3 workbenches.

Cons:

Runs at about 15fps. Who the heck tested and approved this shit Sony? It is not unplayable but apparently all the fog bogs down the poor PS4. When they force a companion on you it does feel like a slide show at times.
The two new guns, Harpoon and Lever Action Rifle are okay. Both do descent damage but the harpoon spears are not plentiful, same for the Lever Action Rifle. It uses a 45-70 bullet. It's like the hunting rifle with a slow as shit reload. Also Arturo was not selling either of these ammo types so it may be limited to Far Harbor.

WTF:

You can have sex with a robobrain.

Would be amazing if not for the framerate. Still fun but hard on the eyes.

JBHuskers
05-19-2016, 09:27 AM
Once I get the plat in The Division, gonna go back to finish this and do the DLC. Would you say Far Harbor is almost two of the Bethesda DLC's in on package with its scope?

bdoughty
05-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Once I get the plat in The Division, gonna go back to finish this and do the DLC. Would you say Far Harbor is almost two of the Bethesda DLC's in on package with its scope?

I think Bethesda said that it is the biggest DLC Land Mass they have ever made. Larger than Shivering Isles but there are less things to do on the map. Will play some more tonight and see how much there is to do. People that got it early say there is at least 20 hours worth of content, maybe more for those like me who like to explore ever nook and cranny.

If you have not done the Automatron DLC, it has a little beef to it and the last section is pretty lengthy.

jaymo76
05-20-2016, 01:16 AM
Heard it is very glitchy with a lot of bugs. You seeing that to Bdoughty?

bdoughty
05-20-2016, 06:59 AM
Nope and I have played almost 10 hours so far and hit 90%+ of the locations (many unexplored but wanted to see just how much was out there). The framerate is crap but I already covered that. It almost helps me when shooting (non-VATS) as it slows my aim movement down. There is an animation bug with the lever rifle that forces you to reload 5 bullets, even if there are still bullets. No biggie as it is not that great of a gun.

Now this is not a spoiler but a warning in advance. There is a tower defense/puzzle mini-game. I repeat a tower defense/puzzle mini-game. Ugh, this I actually despise as you are forced into 5 tedious levels of getting code from one area to another. Each more tedious than the next. Outside of that it has been just fine. Oh and I ran across a RAD Chicken and it was dare I say, radical? Then I shot it. :D

On the building front, there is only one settlement that I am going to spend any time on as it is really open and partially on a beach. There is another one that has a ton of resources. Wood and concrete out the ying-yang. Also you can run supply routes to Far Harbor. A bunch of new items to create with the DLC. You can build barns and a bunch of other stuff I have yet to mess with.

JBHuskers
05-20-2016, 10:14 AM
It's so weird how I lived on VATS on all past Fallout games but this one. I guess due to the better gun gameplay?

bdoughty
05-20-2016, 07:01 PM
It's so weird how I lived on VATS on all past Fallout games but this one. I guess due to the better gun gameplay?

I generally use VATS to target enemies and go back to shooting normally. It is much better gunplay and the credit to that is they poached one of the Bungie guys (https://www.vg247.com/2015/11/05/fallout-4-gun-handling-inspired-by-destiny/). Destiny still feels much better but you are also dealing with guns in F4 that are much less accurate to begin with.

That said Destiny does not have RAD Chicken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zu-lst2oME

Now I dread going to back to Far Harbor to deal with the final two levels of the tower/puzzle crap. It's not hard mind you, just janky and monotonous block moving, as you will eventually see for yourself.

bdoughty
05-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Bless you Neogaf. Apparently only the first puzzle is required. Two and Three are recommended and the last two are pretty useless, as far as what you get for completing them. Hot Damn, back to the real game.

jaymo76
05-21-2016, 02:50 PM
I watched that puzzle on twitch and I was not impressed. It looked like an upscale hacking mission from Watchdogs.

bdoughty
05-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Completed. Well over 20 hours spent, found most of the collectables. Time to retire Fallout 4 now. Can't see how modding is going to work well on consoles. The main game struggles to keep a constant framerate and adding a bunch of mods is going to turn it into a slideshow. Far Harbor would end up looking like a lvl 61 Skyrim player on the PS3.

Safe to say I got my moneys worth.

jaymo76
05-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Completed. Well over 20 hours spent, found most of the collectables. Time to retire Fallout 4 now. Can't see how modding is going to work well on consoles. The main game struggles to keep a constant framerate and adding a bunch of mods is going to turn it into a slideshow. Far Harbor would end up looking like a lvl 61 Skyrim player on the PS3.

Safe to say I got my moneys worth.

So are there any other planned expansion packs or was that the last one?

bdoughty
05-21-2016, 08:43 PM
So are there any other planned expansion packs or was that the last one?

Yes more to come.

In a press release celebrating the launch of Far Harbor, Bethesda said “Stay tuned for more details on even more add-ons to be released in 2016, and on free updates like Mods which is now available on PC. Mods will be coming to Xbox One players later this month and to PlayStation 4 players in June.”

jaymo76
05-23-2016, 08:19 PM
So, million dollar Q... should I bite on the super expensive season pass OR just get Far harbor for $34.99??? Thoughts?

gschwendt
05-23-2016, 08:39 PM
So, million dollar Q... should I bite on the super expensive season pass OR just get Far harbor for $34.99??? Thoughts?
Do you like the idea of building custom robots? Automatron allows you to build robots using different parts (protectron legs, assaultron head, sniper arm, etc.) and upgrade them similar to power armor.
Do you enjoy building settlements? Wasteland Workshop adds new building materials & models.

I just started playing the Automatron DLC today and finished it in about 4-5 hours... though it seems like there will be un-ending repeating tasks associated with it after you finish.

As well, there are other DLCs planned. Someone cracked open some files and it sounds like there will be a couple more workshop DLCs and also one called Nuka-World (Disney World style DLC?).

bdoughty
05-24-2016, 06:16 AM
With all the money you save on health care you should buy two copies of the season pass. Just because you damn well can!

http://i.imgur.com/L08h1Jf.gif

bdoughty
05-24-2016, 06:23 AM
I was so close to deleting Fallout and then I realized outside of Rocket League, I have nothing to play. Those are the only two games on my hard drive Guess it is time to give Survival another shot or play one very hard with house rules, like no meds/chems outside of Stimpaks and Radaway/Rad-X.

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2016, 03:14 PM
All I have to say, is fuck traps/land mines/whatever the hell those things are!

I have yet to actually die from battles with Raiders or monsters, but I've been blown to fucking hell three different times by those fucking traps/land mines.

I learned quickly to save CONSTANTLY, after having to redo 5-10 minutes of item collecting and scrapping at the Starlight Drive-In and having to entirely do it all over again.

bdoughty
05-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Yep, save early and often. Also be sure and use VATS often to check your surroundings, it will show those pesky land mines.

SmoothPancakes
05-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Nice! I didn't realize VATS showed them.

And yeah, even just walking around the Commonwealth, I start saving myself every couple minutes. If I discover a new location, I instantly save.

When I'm headed into battle, I save right before I kick off the festivities, like just a little bit ago at Satellite Station Olivia, took one step in the door and saved. I'm paranoid about saving now.

bdoughty
05-24-2016, 06:44 PM
Since you will spend a lot of time looking at the pip boy in the game, go to the game settings and change pip-boy auto save down to 5 minutes. Just a nice catch all because you will get in the action and occasionally forget to quick save. Make sure auto save is on for fast travel, sleep, wait, etc. Pretty sure they are on by default but better safe than sorry.

jaymo76
05-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Since you will spend a lot of time looking at the pip boy in the game, go to the game settings and change pip-boy auto save down to 5 minutes. Just a nice catch all because you will get in the action and occasionally forget to quick save. Make sure auto save is on for fast travel, sleep, wait, etc. Pretty sure they are on by default but better safe than sorry.

Hey forgot to ask.... Did you ever find Cheers?

bdoughty
05-24-2016, 06:58 PM
Hey forgot to ask.... Did you ever find Cheers?

Yes sir, it is called Prost Bar in the game. No Tecumseh was a bit of an oversight but overall a good easter egg.

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Slowly coming along. When I called it a night last night, I was level 12, just shy of 21 hours in and called it a night while I mulled over my first true decision.

While doing some exploring and checking off dozens of locations to visit, I made it to Covenant and started Human Error. I passed the speech check with the mayor, so when I approach the Compound, I won't be fired at or anything, but instead receive a friendly welcome in.

Now I'm trying to decide what I'm gonna do. Do I let the girl die (and have to kill Dan since I told him about the Compound and he's already left to join me there), or do I save the girl, piss off Covenant and then have to systematically wipe them out?

I searched for a way to try and accomplish both (save the girl and keep Covenant friendly), but it doesn't look like it's possible.

skipwondah33
05-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Haven't played this in forever. Need to get back into it as I was really enjoying it.

Ever since I tried to go all gung ho in that building that I shouldn't have, haven't played since lol

jaymo76
05-25-2016, 09:06 PM
Slowly coming along. When I called it a night last night, I was level 12, just shy of 21 hours in and called it a night while I mulled over my first true decision.

While doing some exploring and checking off dozens of locations to visit, I made it to Covenant and started Human Error. I passed the speech check with the mayor, so when I approach the Compound, I won't be fired at or anything, but instead receive a friendly welcome in.

Now I'm trying to decide what I'm gonna do. Do I let the girl die (and have to kill Dan since I told him about the Compound and he's already left to join me there), or do I save the girl, piss off Covenant and then have to systematically wipe them out?

I searched for a way to try and accomplish both (save the girl and keep Covenant friendly), but it doesn't look like it's possible.

I did Covenent a lot later in the game so I had to follow my story. I saved the girl and went back to town... And well they fired first but I fired last! I then resettled and it is a thriving settlement intact with smoking turrets and corpses... :(

SmoothPancakes
05-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I've been doing a ton of exploring and trying to find as many locations near Sanctuary as I can. Got on a roll of spots and eventually stumbled my way onto it.

I haven't finished the mission yet, been too busy robbing Diamond City blind and then selling their own stolen stuff back to them for a profit. Gotta build those caps up somehow!

bdoughty
05-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Have you gone up to the second level of Diamond City yet? Just a mention because quite a few people tend to miss it and there is a potential quest that will bring you a good chunk of stuff that will lead to some serious CAPS.

bdoughty
05-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Haven't played this in forever. Need to get back into it as I was really enjoying it.

Ever since I tried to go all gung ho in that building that I shouldn't have, haven't played since lol

You should play it more and let me provide the play-by-play and color commentary.

SmoothPancakes
05-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Have you gone up to the second level of Diamond City yet? Just a mention because quite a few people tend to miss it and there is a potential quest that will bring you a good chunk of stuff that will lead to some serious CAPS.
You mean up into the stands? If that's what you're referring to, yeah, I've been up there. I think I've been into every single building, even the Mayor's office, to swipe everything I could. It was tricky in a couple spots since I had to try and get hidden outside a door in the middle of a walkway so I could lock pick my way into it.

But as far as I can tell, at least everything inside a building, I've cleaned out. The only stuff remaining in Diamond City is everything outside the shops and stuff, which I can't get because of Diamond City Security all over the place.

What's the quest? The only quest I've picked up from going into the stands was Diamond City Blues, but I haven't done anything with it yet other than initiate it.

bdoughty
05-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Diamond City Blues is the one I was referring to.

SmoothPancakes
05-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Diamond City Blues is the one I was referring to.
Ah, yeah, I've initiated it, went into the bar, saw the fight, ran into what's his name down in the market a day or two later and initiated Diamond City Blues, but I haven't actually proceeded with it yet.

I have about a dozen missions waiting for me to continue and complete the next objective. Maybe tonight after I get done with work and dinner, I'll jump on and progress that one.

skipwondah33
05-26-2016, 02:41 PM
You should play it more and let me provide the play-by-play and color commentary.You would get bored lol. I spend most of the time tiptoeing around trying not to get ambushed by something haha.

Love being in the power suit though, the zombie running demon things don't mess with you then and you can wreck shit of course

JBHuskers
05-26-2016, 04:56 PM
It's so weird how I rarely use the power suit.

SmoothPancakes
05-26-2016, 06:56 PM
I haven't used it very much. Still have like 20% left on the very first suit you get in Concord.

Have two other power suits sitting next to my main one in Sanctuary that I've been using to harvest parts from, along with one I've left just sitting in Diamond City for no real reason.

I think I'm up to 15 power cores now sitting in my ammo inventory since I rarely ever use the suits.

bdoughty
05-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Despite my complete failure in Survival Mode, I am doing a no power armor run through the whole game and DLC. Since I never use chems it makes it fairly difficult but I know where most of the missile launcher pricks are hiding.

The two toughest fights are in the DLC's. The one in Far Harbor comes out of nowhere and I had fully upgraded T-60 power armor on and barely survived.

JBHuskers
05-27-2016, 11:47 AM
I think part of it was I didn't like the first person view from the suit.

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Hmm, that I have no problem with. I've been playing first person the entire time, just feels more natural than third person for some reason, even though I play other games third person all the time.

JBHuskers
05-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Hmm, that I have no problem with. I've been playing first person the entire time, just feels more natural than third person for some reason, even though I play other games third person all the time.

Oh I do too, it's just I didn't like the look of it through the suit.

bdoughty
05-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Preview of Mods on the Xbox One by Bethesda. Nuka Cola Pip Boy will be mine!

Recorded Version

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/v/68962005

bdoughty
05-27-2016, 07:18 PM
PS4 can't handle fog confirmed. I knew something was wrong after just a few minutes of exploring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYpYgq-Ln_c

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Is the Far Harbor fog different from the fog in the regular game? Because I've encountered fog once or twice in the main game on Xbox One, and I never had any problems with it.

bdoughty
05-27-2016, 07:56 PM
Is the Far Harbor fog different from the fog in the regular game? Because I've encountered fog once or twice in the main game on Xbox One, and I never had any problems with it.

It is much thicker but as you can see from the video, the XB1 handles the heavy fog much better than the PS4. So the standard fog in the game should not be an issue for you.

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2016, 10:32 PM
Yeah, watching the video, I was surprised at how much the PS4 was struggling. But of course it wouldn't be a Bethesda game without issues and bugs, lol.

bdoughty
05-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Yeah, watching the video, I was surprised at how much the PS4 was struggling. But of course it wouldn't be a Bethesda game without issues and bugs, lol.

Especially with a Sony console on the technical side. I never had a major technical issues playing Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim and all the DLC's on the 360. Bugs out the wazoo but the framerate was stable. Oblivion was the only Bethesda game that played better on the PS3, of course it was released a year after the 360 version.

SmoothPancakes
05-28-2016, 10:42 AM
Yeah, that's the biggest thing that amazes me. PS4 is the stronger and more powerful console of the two, and yet it's struggling that damn bad.

jaymo76
05-28-2016, 01:15 PM
I have this game on XBOX1 and I find the visuals fantastic! Some PS4 games look significantly better but in the case of Fallout I give the nod to Xbox over PS.

jaymo76
05-29-2016, 03:58 AM
Mods release for xbox1 on May 31st. You need to sign up online before you can access the service. 2gb is the max right now for total downloads. Currently Xbox has over 700 mods available.

jaymo76
05-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Might need to get this mod. as some bugs but looks pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFuLTYbMTlM

bdoughty
05-31-2016, 01:33 AM
The thing that amazes me about the game is that I am still finding a bunch of new stuff and this is my 5th and final run through of it. I will just keep using this character until a new Fallout hits.

So this one is my Platinum walk through. Meaning I have to side with the faction I dislike the most (hint Desdemona). That is all I lack to get it. The funny part was I held off on the Minutemen quests just to see what Garvey would do if I already unlocked all the workshops.

Slight spoilers and a pretty big find for me.

I do all that but forget one workshop, still there was a really long pause (much longer than the typical staring game you have with Garvey) as the game was going down a checklist of places to send me after he finds the one I missed. Did that and it rolled from finding/clearing settlements to helping them. Pretty much what happened the last four runs. So I am at the point in the Railroad where PAM has you clear out a settlement and I thought this should be interesting. Well it appears Garvey has no clue about Spectacle Island. Now I have been there numerous times to get the bobblehead but that, fighting the Mirelurk Queen/King and the cargo area was the length of my exploring. Well son of a gun there is a workshop there. You have to clear out all the creatures plus one other task that I will not spoil. I tore it down and got 4000 wood and 600 metal, which is way more than you get tearing down Sanctuary. Plus an Island to build on. Would recreate Gilligan's Isle but no Palm trees. So a nice resort for 20 lucky guests? I would but after seeing what this guy did on the island (on a console) would make anything I attempt look like a Motel 6 in comparison. (http://imgur.com/a/gY6PJ)

SmoothPancakes
05-31-2016, 02:06 AM
Holy shat what an island!

I'll have to get on today with mods coming to Xbox today.

bdoughty
05-31-2016, 07:56 PM
We need to start making a list of the best mods. Found these on the Neogaf thread.

Build your own Vault looks bad-ass.
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1018112

https://mods.bethesda.net/content/9dd7086e-e27c-4b8c-a5d0-cc737905c69f_preview_1018112_13190670409871852118_ large.png

Conquest - Build New Settlements and Camping
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/958032

https://mods.bethesda.net/content/89a8f74e-dd57-4541-8e33-5a1081dbfed4_preview_958032_16258158792182594212_l arge.png

Real Nights with Real Lights
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/916139

https://mods.bethesda.net/content/50ad72d0-f7e3-4ff2-9be1-c87174889e46_preview_916139_2197231528735459688_la rge.png

Multiple mods in use - Redesigned Piper, with new hair, with dogmeat as a companion too, with some environmental regrowth.

http://i.imgur.com/FD7GZcS.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-31-2016, 08:03 PM
First Bethesda needs to pull their heads out of their asses. Finally get my account verified, only to be given a failed log in prompt a couple times. Finally log in, 15 seconds later I'm instantly logged out because of an error.

Get logged back in (having to reenter my Bethesda account name and password every fucking time), try to favorite or download a mod, get kicked back to the log in screen with more errors. All of this being done through the mod option in game on Xbox One. After logging in 10 different fucking times only to keep getting kicked back to the log in screen 15-30 seconds after logging in, yeah, go fuck your mothers Bethesda.

bdoughty
05-31-2016, 08:08 PM
Apparently they are already getting death threats due to this. Never fail internet.

Edit: They removed the big boobs mod. Kill those bastards.

:P

jaymo76
06-01-2016, 01:20 AM
Apparently they are already getting death threats due to this. Never fail internet.

Edit: They removed the big boobs mod. Kill those bastards.

:P

No still there... It is called busty

jaymo76
06-01-2016, 01:22 AM
Downloaded about 12. It has already taken up 1.12gb. Only mod that I could not d/l is the WKVR new radio station and companion mod.

jaymo76
06-01-2016, 01:24 AM
Word of warning- read the notes.... Many mods are incompatible. Personally I recommend using the website to find and favourite stuff and then logon and d/l from your favourites.

SmoothPancakes
06-01-2016, 07:11 AM
Well, after giving up on mods yesterday, I settled for just advancing my story.

During the night, I emptied out Lexington, assaulted Corvega (with about 5 different return trips to Sanctuary to empty mine and Codsworth's pockets, finished off that first minuteman mission related to Corvega, finished up Hole in the Wall in Vault 81, as well as just plain finished up every and any mission in Vault 81.

Also went and fought off some supermutants attacking Tenpines Bluff and finished off the mission at Thicket Excavating. Also did a little bit of exploration south of Lexington, discovered some new places but still have to actually go in and loot them as I was already loaded down to just shy of being overloaded at the time.

SmoothPancakes
06-01-2016, 07:13 AM
Meanwhile, Sanctuary has exploded while I was gone. I installed a recruitment beacon, have left it on while I'm off exploring. Sanctuary is already topped out with 20 people living there.

bdoughty
06-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Well you cats have your mods, I now have the :plat:!!!

http://i.imgur.com/7GZnDqO.gif

bdoughty
06-01-2016, 08:34 AM
finished up Hole in the Wall in Vault 81, as well as just plain finished up every and any mission in Vault 81.

So I am assuming you did not keep the vaccine? Did you or a companion get bit by one of the diseased mole rats? If so check the player status page. Leaves you with -10 hp that can't be cured. It's like losing a level, so not a big deal but annoying nonetheless.

SmoothPancakes
06-01-2016, 05:27 PM
So I am assuming you did not keep the vaccine? Did you or a companion get bit by one of the diseased mole rats? If so check the player status page. Leaves you with -10 hp that can't be cured. It's like losing a level, so not a big deal but annoying nonetheless.
Yeah, I chose to save Austin. I'm sure I probably did get bit by a mole rat, but I couldn't find anything saying I was diseased or had -10 health.

I had Codsworth with me as my companion, and since I knew going in that I was going to face a protectron, some turrets and other fun crap, I wore my power armor during the mission, so maybe that kept me from being bit or infected. I'll have to take a closer look when I get on in a bit.

JBHuskers
06-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Too soon? :D

https://www.facebook.com/VaultDude/videos/1049742185115937/

bdoughty
06-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Dammit, knew what was coming and I still laughed. I am a terrible person.

jaymo76
06-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Well you cats have your mods, I now have the :plat:!!!

http://i.imgur.com/7GZnDqO.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEHKa2iF95s

Well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4UeIPxB3kM

bdoughty
06-03-2016, 12:05 AM
Slow this hoser!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnVuLFUuaUw

JBHuskers
06-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Dammit, knew what was coming and I still laughed. I am a terrible person.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3038238/grin-o.gif

JBHuskers
06-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Fallout 4: Far Harbor re-released on PS4 to fix performance issues (http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/3/11852160/fallout-4-far-harbor-ps4-update)

bdoughty
06-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Not a patch but a re-release. Well shit that really was broken, yet I still managed to beat it. Going to play it again under the better framerate as it was a really good DLC.

bdoughty
06-03-2016, 06:26 PM
FYI, it took a minute or two for the related items to load for some reason. Worked fine for my other games. Downloaded again and still 5gb.

jaymo76
06-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Damn! Mods are updated daily. You need to check for mod updates manually as they will not downloaded the updates unless you request it. Anyways, started a new mod play throug tonight. Looking forward to finding the Missile Mini Gun.

Another thing.... Mod size is dropping as mod makers improve their craft.

jaymo76
06-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Looks like the vault mod doesn't work. I tried twice. I placed the platform and then the elevator and I can get into the vault but it is just gray space. I then get a message about known issues with the mod. Too bad. It looked really cool!

jaymo76
06-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Great mods

1. Waving flags
2. Snappable junk fences
3. Sprint time in the commonwealth
4. Missile mini gun

bdoughty
06-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Best mod ever.

http://i.imgur.com/tUiXeVL.jpg

bdoughty
06-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Well Far Harbor runs better now. Just required eliminating a bunch of the fog, which just so happens to be the main point of the story line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I7kAd8Hz4U

JBHuskers
06-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Best mod ever.

http://i.imgur.com/tUiXeVL.jpg

bdoughty
06-15-2016, 06:34 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-2016-fallout-4-nuka-world-dlc-lets-you-player-as-a-raider

Details on the Nuka Cola world where you get to be the bad guy!

bdoughty
06-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Fucking Sony. Rumors are swirling that we will not see Mods this month.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/15/fallout-4-ps4-mods-closed-beta-soon-900mb-limit-right-now-sound-files-not-yet-supported/

Known Issues With PS4 Mods

PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update.
Sound files are currently not supported. PS4 sound format is a proprietary format. We are working with Sony on sound file processing support in a future update.
PS4 Mod Storage limit is approximately 900 MB at present. Please do not upload mods larger than 900 MB. We are working with Sony to increase this limit.

jaymo76
06-15-2016, 07:46 PM
Fucking Sony. Rumors are swirling that we will not see Mods this month.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/15/fallout-4-ps4-mods-closed-beta-soon-900mb-limit-right-now-sound-files-not-yet-supported/

Known Issues With PS4 Mods

PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update.
Sound files are currently not supported. PS4 sound format is a proprietary format. We are working with Sony on sound file processing support in a future update.
PS4 Mod Storage limit is approximately 900 MB at present. Please do not upload mods larger than 900 MB. We are working with Sony to increase this limit.

Piece of advice... in addition to your PS4... GET AN XBOX1!!!

bdoughty
06-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Piece of advice... in addition to your PS4... GET AN XBOX1!!!

Xbox One S will be mine this fall. Trust me buying a Bethesda open world game for a Sony system is not something I plan on making a habit out of. Skyrim remaster will be the XB1 version.

jaymo76
06-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Playing the Automatron Expansion this weekend. It's not bad it's just that... well... it's a very mediocre expansion IMO. I like the concept but I find it doesn't add a lot to the game. I am excited about Far Harbour but I want to finish Automatron before beginning that adventure.

SmoothPancakes
06-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Still plugging along! I've put in 3 days and 10 hours of gameplay. I have discovered probably 65-70% of the map. Everything from Sanctuary east to Finch Farm and south to Corvega. Then around Diamond City, I've explored from Beantown Brewery to the Mass Pike, and then all the way east and north to Pickman Gallery and the sea.

So I just have left to explore the entire area between Cambridge and Bunker Hill, over around Nahant, the part of the map directly east of Saugus Ironworks (fuck those guys and their fire!), East Boston/Boston Airport, and then everything south of the Mass Pike.

Granted, that's just discovering things. I still have probably a couple dozen already discovered buildings that I have yet to actually enter and clean out of supplies.

If I remember right, I'm level 30 or 31, have started finding X-01 power armor around the National Guard Training Yard, so I have a main power armor of X-01 Mk V helmet, chest and legs, with T-51e arms, so I can hold my own pretty well in tough fights with it on.

So far, for companions, I've jumped from Dogmeat to Codsworth and am currently rolling with Strong just for his ability in battles and for his top carrying capacity. Makes it easier to clear out multiple buildings with less fast travel back to Sanctuary. Right now, between the two of us, we're able to bring back 680 pounds of loot per trip, which will increase once I start unlocking the Strong Back perk.

Probably once I get Strong Back to where I can fast travel while overencumbered, I'll switch to Piper.

jaymo76
06-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Hands down Danse is the best companion for fights. However I prefer traveling with Piper just for the dialogue.

jaymo76
06-26-2016, 06:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP-fseW1qtU

Pretty interesting video.

jaymo76
06-26-2016, 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee4bhuc3e5Y

SmoothPancakes
06-26-2016, 07:02 PM
I've heard Danse is good. I'll probably roll with him once I actually find him. Hell, I still have yet to complete the find Nick Valentine quest. I haven't met the BoS or Railroad yet, though I have found the church/end of the trail for Road to Freedom.

I've been primarily exploring and lately been clearing out quests for Goodneighbor. Closing in on the end of the Silver Shroud, then I'll go back and finish up Unlikely Valentine.

I have 15 different quests active right now, so those will keep me busy for a while.

SmoothPancakes
06-26-2016, 07:45 PM
And just like that, I've now met Danse at the Cambridge Police Station. So I've now officially been introduced to the Brotherhood of Steel.