PDA

View Full Version : What are the best playbooks to use on NCAA 2011

Ctirado
07-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I personally like Utah State and Air Force and of course Multiple

cdj
07-27-2010, 02:55 PM
I try and use each team's default playbook to 'expand my horizons' so to speak, but I use Nebraska's playbook for league games for two reasons. One, I'm familiar with it and two, it has Ace, I-Form, Shotgun, and also Strong formations. I can go big or spread out the D.

gschwendt
07-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I really like the Arkansas State playbook. If you have a QB that can run the ball, there are quite a few Shotgun formations that include a QB Blast or Power run as well as quite a bit of option.

Kingpin32
07-27-2010, 03:31 PM
If you like an Air Raid offense, then I think Houston's playbook is a great one to use because if you have a semi athletic QB, there's also some Read Option plays mixed in. It's a good mixture of runs and pass plays in it.

Solidice
07-27-2010, 04:34 PM
for my OD with TTU, I'm actually using BYU's playbook for some games. for other games either Houston or Oklahoma State(I think they are basically the exact same).

I like BYU's as it adds more under center formations, and I actually like the I-Form Slot Flex formation. it has a mesh, draw, HB Slip screen, and another pass play all using the same pre-snap motion and all work pretty well. I like the Ace - Flip Trips formation as well. if I could I would have mixed Houston's and BYU's playbook. gotten rid of the I-Form Tight and added Ace - Big. also add in the the Ace - Big Flip and Shotgun - Big Flip and probably get rid of I-Form - Normal and I-Form - Twins. I like the 3 shotgun split-back formations as well.

overall, BYU's playbook is pretty good for me as an Air Raid playbook. Houston/Oklahoma State also are pretty good. I would put the generic Air Raid playbook behind those.

for pro-style, I've only really used Maryland's. it's been pretty good so far, no complaints about it. I'll have to test others out to compare.

Cipher 8
07-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I love Illinois. I'm not like ya'll running option plays because I suck at them but I like Illinois's ACE and I-Form run plays plus the got some of my favorite passing plays like Ace Slot Flex Z Spot, I Form Close Twins PA HB Wheel, and Shotgun Y Trips HB Wk Double Unders.

In 09 and 10 I used Maryland's playbook but they took all my plays out.

Ctirado
07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
What playbooks have option formatiions like flexbone wishbone but still have shotgun?

Solidice
07-27-2010, 06:35 PM
What playbooks have option formatiions like flexbone wishbone but still have shotgun?

as you already mentioned, Air Force would be one(no wishbone though).

Option Run playbook has all 3 variants of Wishbone, 6 flexbone formations, but only 1 shotgun. It has some I and Ace formations as well.

Roy38
07-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Take a peak at the Southern Miss playbook. It's pretty basic as far as formations (Ace, I-Form, Shotgun), but it has a lot of quality.

JeffHCross
07-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Obviously, the answer to this question would be "Depends". To determine the "best" playbook, first you have to look at what kind of offense you want to run. The best playbook for USC would not be the best for Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, or Notre Dame, for example. Every team is different in some way.

irishfbfan1
07-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Roy is correct about SOUTHERN MISS Great Playbook!

ram29jackson
07-31-2010, 09:15 PM
you might want to give San Jose State a look.

it seemed to have different pass routes than I am use to seeing.

ram29jackson
07-31-2010, 09:16 PM
I really like the Arkansas State playbook. If you have a QB that can run the ball, there are quite a few Shotgun formations that include a QB Blast or Power run as well as quite a bit of option.

:P like we would expect you to say anything different :D

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 09:33 PM
I fell in love with Fresno State's playbook yesterday.

ebin
07-31-2010, 11:42 PM
I fell in love with Fresno State's playbook yesterday.

Was the feeling mutual? :D

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Was the feeling mutual? :DWe have a date tomorrow :P

Kingpin32
08-01-2010, 12:17 AM
We have a date tomorrow :P

If she gives it up on the first date, it means she's a whore. :D

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
If she gives it up on the first date, it means she's a whore. :DAnd if she teases, she's a JB?

Rudy
08-01-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm liking Oregon State's playbook. A lot of ACE sets which are what I like.

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Seriously though guys, Fresno State's playbook is very impressive. Very good combination of I-Form, Ace and Shotgun.

ebin
08-02-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm liking Oregon State's playbook. A lot of ACE sets which are what I like.

Yeah, seems like Oregon State has been one of the better Ace playbooks for a couple years now.

Seriously though guys, Fresno State's playbook is very impressive. Very good combination of I-Form, Ace and Shotgun.

Good call. It may have been love at first sight, but I'm definitely liking this playbook. :)

irishfbfan1
08-03-2010, 05:37 AM
CLEMSON BOOK IS HOT! I mean HOT, like EASTERN MICHIGAN, SB TRIO IS BEASTLY!

psusnoop
08-04-2010, 10:59 AM

I might have to try out Fresno State. I've been toying around with V-Tech, Wisconsin, and Western Kentucky lately. I'm a Pro Style kind of guy, but I'm open to change things up.

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Auburn's is a lot of fun as long as you don't want to use nothing but the Wildcat stuff.

irishfbfan1
08-06-2010, 01:01 AM
ALABAMA
SOUTHERN MISS
CLEMSON
FRESNO STATE
EASTERN MICHIGAN

this is my newest update lol

JeffHCross
08-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Fresno State is still where it's at for me.

My favorite part of that book is that I'm basically using nothing but I this season (that's what 1995 Ohio State did ... I and Split). Next year I'll add in more Ace (as they did in 1996), then some Shotgun for 1997.

maij17
08-08-2010, 07:58 PM
What would be a good coryell playbook that is ace and offset I heavy, similar to Norv Turner's Chargers offense?

jaymo76
08-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I just love the Wake Forest playbook. It's technically a multiple but you have:

1 ace set
6 I formations
5 shotgun
1 Wishbone

For me I am all about I formation su it's perfect. M an I still wish we had CUSTOM though because I would love to see a split back formation with this playbook.

Cipher 8
08-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys... I was using Illinois and I still like it but the passing is so bland and really not going to cut it. So I went to Idaho, my brother told me to try it out, and it surprised me. It has a lot of good runs and a ton of ACE formations and I Form but it too is lacking on the passing plays either under center or the few shotgun formations it has. So I took Solidice's advice and tried BYU's playbook and I'm really liking the passing. A lot of their pass routes are unique and work well for me, but there run plays leave something more to be wanted.

I'll give these teams a try since they've been mentioned...

ALABAMA
CLEMSON
FRESNO STATE
EASTERN MICHIGAN
UTAH STATE
HOUSTON
OKLAHOMA STATE
SAN JOSE STATE
OREGON STATE
SOUTHERN MISS

CLW
08-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Looking for a playbook with the most "Bunch" formations. Any suggestions?

MossyOakFarmBoy
08-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I just love the Wake Forest playbook. It's technically a multiple but you have:

1 ace set
6 I formations
5 shotgun
1 Wishbone

For me I am all about I formation su it's perfect. M an I still wish we had CUSTOM though because I would love to see a split back formation with this playbook.

Wake Forest Has 12 Shotgun Formations and 5 I Formations.. Other numbers are accurate

iBrandon
09-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm trying to figure out what playbook to use.

J want to run the spread. I have a 95 QB with speed and 5 receivers 80 or better (2 in 90's, 2 that are 85 and 1 that's 80) my tight end is only a 70 and my back is a 82.

So I want to throw the ball around. Maybe Houstons?

morsdraconis
09-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm trying to figure out what playbook to use.

J want to run the spread. I have a 95 QB with speed and 5 receivers 80 or better (2 in 90's, 2 that are 85 and 1 that's 80) my tight end is only a 70 and my back is a 82.

So I want to throw the ball around. Maybe Houstons?

Check out Wyoming (Spread with LOTS of passing concepts and option running plays) or Hawai'i (Run and Shoot - where you can run the same play all game and DESTROY the opposition if your receivers and you can make the right reads).

Roy38
09-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Which playbooks contain quad sets? If it makes it easier, just shout out the formation names. So far I've got:

Shotgun: Bunch Quads
Shotgun: Empty Quads

Am I missing any?

JeffHCross
09-02-2010, 11:40 PM
There's Shotgun: Quads Trio too.

As for which playbooks:
1 Quads formation
Buffalo
Cincinnati
FIU
Iowa State
Louisville
Mid Tenn State
Notre Dame
Penn State
Rice
Southern Miss
Toledo
UL Monroe
Utah
Wyoming

2 Quads Formations
Missouri

Roy38
09-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Thank you, sir! I had overlooked Shotgun: Quads Trio.

JeffHCross
09-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Side note, Roy, check out the post I just made in the TGT Playbook Spreadsheet thread. It's how I was able to come up quickly with the list of teams. Took me 15 seconds, tops.

Roy38
09-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I have the spreadsheet. I wanted to check to make sure there wasn't a hidden quads set and I missed the other formation. Thanks!

HawkFan
09-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Does anyone out there have any luck with Idaho and San Diego State's playbooks. I am going to be trying them both in my offline dynasty tonight and was wondering if anybody had any tips.

morsdraconis
09-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Does anyone out there have any luck with Idaho and San Diego State's playbooks. I am going to be trying them both in my offline dynasty tonight and was wondering if anybody had any tips.

Idaho's is a great playbook if you like the one back system.

Quest4Gold
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
I have been working with the Stanford playbook. It has a multiple of formations.

JeffHCross
10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Quest! Welcome!

Rudy
10-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Last week's game between Stanford and Oregon showed a great contrast between two entirely different schemes. I found it interesting that Harbaugh told the announcers that their playbook has 350 plays and that he brought all of them to be used in the game. Take that Madden gameplan!

starter
10-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Hopefuly EA will notice this and give us a "Global Playbook".

Quest4Gold
10-19-2010, 10:56 AM
yes, the stanford playbook is very tough, I am leading my league in time of possession having the ball nearly 2/3 of the game. Plus it gives you a lot of 3rd and short situations so you can't guess if it will be a pass or a run.

zacattak
04-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I have grown partial to LSU's not because i play with them all the time, but because i like the ace, i form, pistol, shotgun. you get a little of everything. keeps your opponent guessing. i can spread it out or grind it out. all with 1 playbook. i use others. example.. Florida. Tennessee, and occasional texas

whitepony99
04-24-2011, 09:00 AM
I have been experimenting with Utah's and man is it something else. I played as Utah with their playbook against Florida State and scored 28 points online ranked game. Never was worried about not scoring, never felt like he could stop me.

Papa LoneStar
04-24-2011, 05:34 PM
While PSN is down....I'll use this time to ask for some suggestions for what offense I'll be running in powerhouse OD this season.

I have used Boise State, Alabama, Arkansas, and Stanford. I have had a pocket passer through the first 6 seasons (Garrett Gilbert and a generated Peyton Manning rated type)....now I finally have a QB who is capable of running the ball.

QB has about 99 power, 88 accuracy....with about 84 speed, 82 acceleration.

RB is a beast....99 overall....every running back attribute (moves, trucking, speed, acceleration, etc. is in the 90s)

FB....about 85 overall....below average runner....very good blocker

Elite WRs....a Randy Moss type along with a 5'10'' possesion type....2 slot guys are pretty solid.

TEs....2 really good guys....good blockers....6'5''....6'7''....the 6'7'' guy has average speed but good receiving skills.....6'5'' guy reminds me of Jason Witten

OL.....elite strength and acceleration.

I love the ace, I, and Gun....lookin' for a playbook with some under-center option....and plenty of playaction. Just lookin' for some suggestions....it will be greatly appreciated.

Papa LoneStar
04-24-2011, 05:37 PM
I guess I should've read the thread before posting....lol. I'm gonna pick the best out of Fresno State, NC State, and Southern Miss. Thanks guys!

EDIT: annnnd Wake Forest

souljahbill
04-24-2011, 07:27 PM
I guess I should've read the thread before posting....lol. I'm gonna pick the best out of Fresno State, NC State, and Southern Miss. Thanks guys!

EDIT: annnnd Wake Forest:Southern_Miss:

whitepony99
04-24-2011, 10:47 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_j5a5cQu5pR4/SzDYk5I6b1I/AAAAAAAAAxI/H9mqflI31lg/s320/Utah+Utes+Logo.gif

JeffHCross
04-24-2011, 11:51 PM
No, see, guys -- we want Papa to use the worst playbook. Not the best. You're not helping!

psusnoop
04-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Yea Papa doesn't need any help, this is where everyone should lead him down a different path :-) and yes that'd be the wrong path if possible. hahaha

I think I'm going to mix up my offense this season in Powerhouse as well. I'm leaning towards Fresno State right now.

zacattak
04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
what is this powerhouse OD? when will you guys start?

Kingpin32
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
While PSN is down....I'll use this time to ask for some suggestions for what offense I'll be running in powerhouse OD this season.

I have used Boise State, Alabama, Arkansas, and Stanford. I have had a pocket passer through the first 6 seasons (Garrett Gilbert and a generated Peyton Manning rated type)....now I finally have a QB who is capable of running the ball.

QB has about 99 power, 88 accuracy....with about 84 speed, 82 acceleration.

RB is a beast....99 overall....every running back attribute (moves, trucking, speed, acceleration, etc. is in the 90s)

FB....about 85 overall....below average runner....very good blocker

Elite WRs....a Randy Moss type along with a 5'10'' possesion type....2 slot guys are pretty solid.

TEs....2 really good guys....good blockers....6'5''....6'7''....the 6'7'' guy has average speed but good receiving skills.....6'5'' guy reminds me of Jason Witten

OL.....elite strength and acceleration.

I love the ace, I, and Gun....lookin' for a playbook with some under-center option....and plenty of playaction. Just lookin' for some suggestions....it will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap5Sw3xsZhU

jaymo76
04-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Been using Wake Forest from the outset. Honestly one of my favourite playbooks of all time. I not 100% happy with the deep passing game but all of the I formations meet my style well. With 12 a good chunk of Wake Forest will be in my custom book.

JeffHCross
04-25-2011, 08:12 PM
what is this powerhouse OD? when will you guys start?Hosted right here on TGT: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?29-Powerhouse-(PS3). PS3 OD though.

zacattak
04-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Hosted right here on TGT: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?29-Powerhouse-(PS3). PS3 OD though.

Copy sir. I have a 360. any good continuing dynasties for 360? if not ill gladly start one when i get back from my deployment

Papa LoneStar
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
I greatly appreciate the suggestions. Fresno State it is. If Southern Miss gave me an I formation with 2 tights....it would have won EASILY.

gschwendt
04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I greatly appreciate the suggestions. Fresno State it is. If Southern Miss gave me an I formation with 2 tights....it would have won EASILY.
Fresno State is what I ran with last season... as you saw it produced three different 1000 yard rushers :)

Papa LoneStar
04-27-2011, 04:22 PM
It's a really good playbook. I just wish it had Shotgun Ace