PDA

View Full Version : Players awareness in Dynasty?

griffin2608
07-27-2010, 01:04 PM
I have read on OS that the awareness in dynasty mode multiple years in is very low and it causes problems. Has anyone here experienced this? I know that most of the threads on OS are crap on a board full of cry babies and drama queens but I was wondering if anyone here has seen this? By the way I love my dynasty, I just went 6-6 with ULL and made a bowl game vs LSU (god help me).

JeffHCross
07-27-2010, 01:49 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, after about 3 seasons. AWR ratings for the vast majority of incoming true freshmen on the default roster was 40. So even with the best progression, they're not going to be very high as a Senior.

AustinWolv
07-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Which means it would apply to all the other teams also, so the playing field is still level, yes?

griffin2608
07-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Which means it would apply to all the other teams also, so the playing field is still level, yes?

I would think so, with all players on the same level I dont see it being a huge problem. I like the spread out ratings. I think that the level of progression for the awr attribute needs to be tied into game experience. As a young player gets playing time his awr should go up so that when they are upper classmen their awr affects their experience.

JeffHCross
07-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Which means it would apply to all the other teams also, so the playing field is still level, yes?Yes. I've seen no indications of it not being at least reasonably consistent / level.

That said, if the entirety of the CPU is running around with low AWR guys ... your human skills may suddenly be a bigger boost. Y'know?

steelerfan
07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
your human skills may suddenly be a bigger boost. Y'know?

Yeah, without firsthand experience, I'd say this is a "retool your Sliders" type situation.

AustinWolv
07-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, without firsthand experience, I'd say this is a "retool your Sliders" type situation.

Yep, that was the only downside I saw also.......although your AI-controlled teammates might be Reggie Germany also, so it all equals out.

griffin2608
07-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I will just have to wait and see how it pans out, I have heard that the cpu will hoard skill positions again and kickers and punters come in so low that they cant even make a extra point. I will be very disappointed if this is still an issue but oh well. I am really enjoying the game so far.

JeffHCross
07-28-2010, 10:13 PM
The kickers and punters thing is accurate, from what I've been hearing too. But I haven't seen evidence of the skill positions being a problem again.

Yep, that was the only downside I saw also.......although your AI-controlled teammates might be Reggie Germany also, so it all equals out.That's just cold.

AustinWolv
07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
You know you chuckled a bit though. :)

jaymo76
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Ended year three last night against Ohio St. The starting QB, HB, and RT were out of the game. All backups were raw freshman.

QB AWR 44
HB AWR 41
RT AWR 52

I won 23-10 at OSU... QB was 8-21; HB 14 RUSHES FOR 53 YARdS and 4 fumbles; RT basically game up FIVE SACKS. "Houston, we MAY have a problem..."

AustinWolv
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Who were you using?

True freshman at two skill positions plus on the OL? And you expect them to perform well?
Frankly, I'm glad to see they struggled mightily.

The bigger problem is them not developing, not that they are freshman with low AWR.

(Jeff, you know there is a huge OSU slam I'm letting slide here....... :D )

Roy38
07-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Being a lower prestige school (I'm using 3* Southern Miss in my online dynasty. I can't WAIT to see what it's going to be like when I start up my 1* San Jose State dynasty!), you learn the pains of having idiots on your roster. If I can stay in my base defense for the majority of the game, I can hang with anybody in the country. However, when the opposing team's offense starts running 3-4 WR packages, I have major issues. My Nickel and Dime backs are brutal. They are fast enough to play their positions, but they are so dumb, they get lost in their coverage assignment. Also, if their man/zone ratings are brutal, it shows. For example, I have an impact MLB who is stout against the run, but his pass coverage skills stink. So...I have a NB, DB, and MLB who all suck in pass coverage. Can you say the middle of the field is wide open? Hell yeah! My defense makes shitty QB's look good.

steelerfan
07-29-2010, 01:40 PM
The bigger problem is them not developing, not that they are freshman with low AWR.

So far, I agree.

morsdraconis
07-29-2010, 02:50 PM
While it sucks that the progression is a bit low, it's more to do with the fact that awareness isn't factored in their overall as much as it used to be more than anything. That's why there are lower level teams. Not because awareness isn't going up as much (while it's not going up as much as it used to, it's still progressing 4-5 points a year) but because the progression of their awareness isn't factoring into their overall as much so they are only going up 3-5 points a year instead of 7 or 8 a year like before. They fixed the progression by lowering the amount of awareness progressed and lowering how much it affects their overall and pretty much nothing else.

griffin2608
07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I dont mind the freshmen coming in low and my experience is a bit limited. I'm just starting year 3 in my ULL dynasty and I managed a 6-6 record my first year with a loss to LSU in a bowl, then I got to 9-3 in my second year with another bowl loss. This year I managed to sign a 3* Guard that came in at 67 ovr with awr in the 60's. So in year 3 I have not noticed the huge awr issues everyone is talking about.

jaymo76
07-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Who were you using?

True freshman at two skill positions plus on the OL? And you expect them to perform well?
Frankly, I'm glad to see they struggled mightily.

(Jeff, you know there is a huge OSU slam I'm letting slide here....... :D )

I was Arizona St (B- off and B def versus A- off and A- def). Did I expect them to perform well???? Um... yeah... it's OSU!!! If I was playing UTEP that's a different story but this game was far, far too easy. Okay, QB struggling I can see that, but OSU at home and the halback tanking it and OSU giving up NINE total sacks and having under 200 yards offense???? Those type of stats scare me as truthfully based on my sliders and the difference in teams, it should not have gone down the way it did.

Note: forrgot to mention.... the QB had played the last nine games, the HB had played the last two and the RT had played the last four games... they did have some experience I guess...