PDA

View Full Version : Scouting Reports

Oneback
07-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Use this thread for scouting reports.

Kingpin32
07-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Well if no one else controls Oregon after this, one thing that should be mentioned is that they now run a hybrid Flexbone offense. It's also a no-huddle offense, which makes it very tough to stop.

Their defense looked to be a 4-2-5, and they were very aggressive causing me to throw 5 INTs.

fsuprime
08-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Miami:
Ran a high pressure defense with safeties in the box almost every play which left him open to some deep passes. I figure he was trying to force my young QB to win or lose the game. Plays the run very well manually controlling a LB or the FS. Allen Bailey beat my RG just about every run play i called with JTS so my run game was pretty much shutdown with 9 in the box and that beast. Picked off my QB 3 times, starting CBs are very good though the nickel and dime backs seemed weak.

On offense, tried a few outsize runs that did not do to well, and then pretty much gave up on the the running game until the 2nd haf/4th quarter, uses Penn St. playbook and likes to use 3 WR looks often so i was in nickel and strong nickel a lot.

JeffHCross
09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Da U - Miami (texacotea)

Offense
Playbook
Expect to give your fifth or sixth DB a lot of playing time. Air Raid playbook, and he runs it well. Mixes up the run and the pass, but the pass is definitely his lean.

Running
Shotgun running game, mostly, with some Ace mixed in. You'll see some Draws, Speed Options, etc. Nothing particularly flashy, but he gets the job done. Outside Zone out of Ace was particularly damaging when it was well blocked.

Passing
Man beating crossing routes are his bread and butter. They work, and he knows it. Tex is darn good at User Catch too ... just barely undercutting your DBs before they make a play.

Defense
Playbook
4-3 base, I believe, and likes to play Over or Under on the hashes. Mixes it up between man and zone pretty well, and doesn't particularly tip it.

Keys
Defense is set to Big Hit Aggressive, and they bring the lumber. Also set to Aggressive on Interceptions, and they can certainly catch bad passes. A couple of them were cheap (not his fault though, that's how the game is made), but they definitely capitalized on bad passes. Defense is fast too.