PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 25 Run Free Official First Look Gameplay Trailer

CLW
04-24-2013, 08:07 PM
http://youtu.be/tM4g8yGGnh8

countryboy
04-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Not really sure what they was supposed to be showing. Trailer really did nothing to peak my interest let alone my excitement level/anticipation for this game.

And the back juke looked horrible in my opinion. It looked as though McCoy was running the football and then suddenly broke into a dance move.

souljahbill
04-24-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm no NFL guy but I dug that trailer.

GatorfanStovy
04-24-2013, 11:27 PM
I think you meant dig souljahbill

cdj
05-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Official Insider Look at Madden NFL 25 Run Free Precision Ball Carrier Moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CGJDqL9N2c8

Rudy
05-02-2013, 08:14 PM
I love how the stiff arm is back and how we have all these moves. It does look like zig zag running is gone and the cuts appear as though the feet are making good contact with the ground. I did not see the speed changes you normally see in a real rushing attack. The accelleration back to full speed happens way too fast. The RBs are pulling off super moves and then are still accelerating at full speed almost instantaneously. A lot of times in real football a RB makes the first guy miss but then gets taken down by a couple guys finishing off the play as the RB has slowed down. I don't see that in this video.

ram29jackson
05-02-2013, 09:07 PM
all this may mean is linemen are still useless and unhelpful

jaymo76
05-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I love how the stiff arm is back and how we have all these moves. It does look like zig zag running is gone and the cuts appear as though the feet are making good contact with the ground. I did not see the speed changes you normally see in a real rushing attack. The accelleration back to full speed happens way too fast. The RBs are pulling off super moves and then are still accelerating at full speed almost instantaneously. A lot of times in real football a RB makes the first guy miss but then gets taken down by a couple guys finishing off the play as the RB has slowed down. I don't see that in this video.

I didn't like that trailer. My concern is that the RB's will just be too overpowered this year. Breaking out up to 30 moves in a single rush??? Seriously??? I'm really hoping to see some sustained gameplay to see the frequency of these super moves.

LeeSO
05-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I didn't like that trailer. My concern is that the RB's will just be too overpowered this year. Breaking out up to 30 moves in a single rush??? Seriously??? I'm really hoping to see some sustained gameplay to see the frequency of these super moves.

Completely agree, even in that short trailer the Defense looked....awkward and shaky compared to the deadly combos the runners were pulling off. The spin moves looked a little unreal too.

WolverineJay
05-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah I just :smh: when I see these over the top exaggerated arcade RB moves. Spins in real life are quick and short usually done at initial contact to break out of a weak wrap up or an arm tackle. Jukes that allow a ball carrier to jump sideways almost 5 yards is beyond ridiculous. EA Tiburon every year preaches how they are about simulating real football yet 90% of their animations are arcade video game quality. Until they overhaul their arcade animations just gut the entire library I am talking about, those of us that want to play a game that resembles what we see every Saturday and Sunday are just SOL. I will play the demo and check out E3 vids but these animations are hear to stay this gen for some reason.

Rudy
05-03-2013, 11:15 PM
One CD member Simball Critic has a YouTube vid up and said the trailer doesn't do it justice as its just a highlight real. He said its more realistic than that although the game still has a gliding feel to the RB that he doesn't think will change.

GatorfanStovy
05-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Well I guarantee I won't be touching online again in Madden 25 . will have to much cheesing going on with that new RB stuff . Ugh . Unless i find a sim league next winter.

LeeSO
05-03-2013, 11:47 PM
One CD member Simball Critic has a YouTube vid up and said the trailer doesn't do it justice as its just a highlight real. He said its more realistic than that although the game still has a gliding feel to the RB that he doesn't think will change.

That sounds promising. I don't think the gliding will be fixed until next gen. I can handle a little gliding if the moves aren't superhuman moves.

Rudy
05-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Here is the post from twitter with the link:

@SimFBallCritic: Madden NFL 25: New Run Free Mechanics:
http://t.co/bm4pTS1gdx via @YouTube

GatorfanStovy
05-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Nothing too impressive so far IMO.