PDA

View Full Version : Blogs This Year

Rudy
05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I still find it amazing that last year's blogs on NCAA 10 were filled with fluff like Season Showdown and wind socks. This year we are getting amazing blogs full of very relevant information. Furthermore, they seem to be beating Madden to the punch. Madden just published a blog on improved blocking but we've already seen that from the NCAA team. The buzz this year seems to be squarely centered around NCAA 11 while last year people were buzzing around Madden 10. It's nice to see since I prefer college football.

I wonder if this was a deliberate effort to drum up support for the NCAA game since sales were slow last year.

cdj
05-12-2010, 02:20 PM
I think they have been doing a much better job in getting the proper game info out this year. Sales last year were very good on the whole for NCAA 10, but the first week sales were very poor. I also get the same perception that there is a huge buzz behind NCAA 11. I don't know the full Madden feature set, but from what I know about NCAA, it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being the more anticipated of the two. Some cool stuff yet to come.

Rudy
05-12-2010, 02:35 PM
With all three CD guys here I'm sure we'll get some good information.
:)

JBHuskers
05-12-2010, 02:47 PM
With all three CD guys here I'm sure we'll get some good information.
:)

Ya think? ;)

Rudy
05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
If we don't get a blog tomorrow, perhaps you guys could just spill the beans on a few things.

texacotea
05-13-2010, 07:29 PM
any time frame on when new info comes out?

Solidice
05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I defiantly agree that the blogs have been much better this year. not only that, but the "hype" videos have been much better as well.

gschwendt
05-13-2010, 07:42 PM
No... and that's somewhat related to why we're getting solid info every time they do post something. Last year they committed to a "once a week" schedule... as a result, like Rudy eluded to, you had blogs on windsocks and similar fluff articles that the community rejected. This year, they only blog about it when they're ready to and as a result, each blog is a good read. The only thing I'll say is that there is still a good amount of good news to come. I won't leave you with a big tease like JB enjoys but I'll leave it at that.

texacotea
05-13-2010, 08:48 PM
No... and that's somewhat related to why we're getting solid info every time they do post something. Last year they committed to a "once a week" schedule... as a result, like Rudy eluded to, you had blogs on windsocks and similar fluff articles that the community rejected. This year, they only blog about it when they're ready to and as a result, each blog is a good read. The only thing I'll say is that there is still a good amount of good news to come. I won't leave you with a big tease like JB enjoys but I'll leave it at that.

Well, I would much rather wait 2 week or 3 weeks before we get info if it has stuff that is relevant or is actually good info. Continue the good work guys

Rudy
05-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I totally agree with that. I'll gladly wait for better info even if I want more. They still haven't touched dynasty improvements. I'm hoping for discipline to make a return. We got formation subs so I'm really happy about that. I don't think we'll get in game saves this year (just auto saves) which will be disappointing but I'm still holding out hope for that in the future.

Sinister
05-19-2010, 07:48 AM
The way I see it there are 8 weeks til the game comes out. 4 til E3 I don't know how much more they can give us other than the other two parts of the franchise which will eat up 4 weeks , then teambuilder and i'm sure something on road to glory. I would be surprised if they went back to the weekly blogs

UGA14
05-19-2010, 08:36 AM
They're feeling the heat. There's no reason this much advancement could not have been in each version of the game. Instead we got a game that marginally advanced each year with very few changes. Then suddenly this year we see a game that has advanced more and further than all of the versions on next-gen combined.

Rudy
05-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Well, whatever the reason for improvement I'm very happy with what I've read so far.

Coachdenz
05-19-2010, 09:17 AM
When did the Demo drop last year? was it the 1st week of June or the 2nd.........or either I can't remember.

to add about the the sales being down the 1st week that it dropped, I still talk to people that plays in my OD that doesn't know when the game goes on sale. There's still a lot of the population that plays the game, but doesn't follow it like we do, I bet that out of 12 people in the OD that I play in I'm the only one that knows when the game drops.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-19-2010, 10:19 AM
i know ive been pretty darn critical on utopia with some people and their negativity, and while im new to the larger group here, im not new to following this game with every detail... that being said, this is why this year im not tolerating negative remarks based on comparisons of years past... nothing this year looks like anything we have ever played, seen, and from what you guys described, felt... as far as the locomotion adding that new "weight" to the game...

i really really hand it to the staff this year, no STUPID blogs that go in circles just for the sake of having a blog... they have really turned the game around, and in my opinion, as a player at all levels except for NFL, and now a HS Coach, its the most in depth X's & O's upgrade in a long time... nothing they have released has been fluff, nothing has been a "filler" to tie us over, its been solid concrete stuff, and with the CD guys dropping line like this:

The only thing I'll say is that there is still a good amount of good news to come. I won't leave you with a big tease like JB enjoys but I'll leave it at that.

it really is killing me waiting on this game... we have an early vacation to hilton head, week of golf and tennis with the wife and will be back on June 12th, so im excited to see the demo about that time... but honestly i have to give them props for this year, the videos have given solid proof of things working, not just goofy spoofs of plays that really failed in the end product like years past... i knew this game was going to be major upgrade from my very first comment on the game play video in the background of tebows spot, on the double teams, and im sure that a lot of what i was saying was making the CD guys itch to speak up, b/c everything i posted was spot on exactly what i expected after seeing that clip...

"E"

Schauwn
05-19-2010, 10:33 AM
When did the Demo drop last year? was it the 1st week of June or the 2nd.........or either I can't remember.

If I remember correctly it was the second week, but I could be wrong...

Deuce
05-19-2010, 11:15 AM
The blogs have been great and I do like everything I've heard but I'm going to keep my expectations low. ...I really want to be pleasently surprised this year.

Kwizzy
05-19-2010, 11:40 AM
this is why this year im not tolerating negative remarks based on comparisons of years past...

Not to seem like I'm attacking you by any means Pistol but, I think this line of thought is one of the reasons for this site starting up. I certainly see what you are saying in respect to how much different the additions this year are from years past. I am also REALLY excited for this game & think EA has done a great job based on what we've read so far. However, you have to empathize with everyone's point of view. For some people EA is nowhere near what they expect out of this game. That is not how I feel personallyand don't even understand how they can feel that way really, but it is their opinion & you have to, to use your word, tolerate the fact that people don't all see things the same way as you. I'm not saying, that all of them are giving EA what I think is a fair chance, but they're entitled to their opinion & should be allowed to voice it, just like you do, without having to defend it from attack.

Now as far as the subject of this thread goes... I think EA has done a terrific job of pacing their announcements this year and as a result, every release has been fairly substantial. I can't think of one thing they've discussed this year that hasn't been requested by the community. It's really exciting to think that they are still waiting to release a few things!

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-19-2010, 12:05 PM
For some people EA is nowhere near what they expect out of this game.

but im one of those people... i barely played 10 at all... maybe 4-5 weeks online, and a tiny bit of OD, just hooked back up with 2 good OD's from this site... i am one of them that had planned on not buying the game for the first time at all... but they have provided solid proof for their efforts this year...

I think this line of thought is one of the reasons for this site starting up

dont understand that comment, the mood here is positive, relaxed, and enjoying the features/re-installs of the game that are coming out this year... why im here more than utopia purely because everyone here may have low expectations, but nobody is regurgitating the same stuff every feature/release/blog/recap we get... im glad they made this site myself, dont have to read through 30 posts of useless stuff to get to any good solid info from the CD guys... they are keeping their input on stuff streamlined along with the release blogs and videos... love it

"E"

Solidice
05-19-2010, 12:09 PM

according to Xbox Live, NCAA 10 demo was released June 18th(a Thursday). 3rd week of June.

Kwizzy
05-19-2010, 12:39 PM
but im one of those people... i barely played 10 at all... maybe 4-5 weeks online, and a tiny bit of OD, just hooked back up with 2 good OD's from this site... i am one of them that had planned on not buying the game for the first time at all... but they have provided solid proof for their efforts this year...

dont understand that comment, the mood here is positive, relaxed, and enjoying the features/re-installs of the game that are coming out this year... why im here more than utopia purely because everyone here may have low expectations, but nobody is regurgitating the same stuff every feature/release/blog/recap we get... im glad they made this site myself, dont have to read through 30 posts of useless stuff to get to any good solid info from the CD guys... they are keeping their input on stuff streamlined along with the release blogs and videos... love it

"E"

I agree on the progress the game has made this year. I couldn't be more impressed with what has been released so far & the depth of every announcement they've made. Huge leaps from what I can tell so far.

What I meant about the reason this site started was that at utopia, it seemed like you couldn't post an opinion(positive or negative) without having it viciously attacked & having to defend it. What caught my attention in your post were the words "not tolerating negative remarks". Maybe it was just the way you worded it & you didn't really mean it that way but that's all I was commenting on.

You and I are in complete agreement about the info on the game we have this year, I just wanted to point that out because something as simple as that can be misunderstood that's all.

JBHuskers
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Hell I don't mind teasing....there is still stuff that hasn't been announced that will blow you away :)

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Maybe it was just the way you worded it & you didn't really mean it that way but that's all I was commenting on

yeah i could have worded that different... my point being that i almost stopped posting altogether on utopia because of that crowd, but now with this site, i can share my views with the like-minded, and can input X's & O's talk on utopia still...

Hell I don't mind teasing....there is still stuff that hasn't been announced that will blow you away :)

this.... kind of stuff... makes me http://i48.tinypic.com/2usyc5j.jpg

"E"

Deuce
05-19-2010, 01:23 PM

Must...stay...strong...keep...low...expectations.. .ugh!

texacotea
05-19-2010, 01:27 PM

coaching carousel?????

Kwizzy
05-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Offseason Improvements?! :D

You're killin me smalls!

Oh and Pistol, I hear ya man. I felt the same way about utopia. I don't mind people disagreeing with me or even complaining about the game. I just want them to be respectful & productive while doing so.

coogrfan
05-19-2010, 02:16 PM

:cool:

JBHuskers
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
:cool:

busting out the 45's LOL

Coachdenz
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM

OK Don't take this the wrong way JB , but your a Teasing Whore! (VBG)

but please keep it up.

BlindRedBaron
05-19-2010, 05:14 PM

Let's hold our horses here guys... JB just said "blown away"... Heck, this could be positive or negative...

For instance, I would be "blown away" if they found a way to make Season Showdown more useless and annoying... I think everyone here would. Haha, not to say I think this is what's going to happen, I'm just leaving room for you guys to keep your hopes down if you like to be pleasantly surprised
:D :D :D

Solidice
05-19-2010, 05:49 PM

Windsocks 2.0 :confused:

:p

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Let's hold our horses here guys... JB just said "blown away"... Heck, this could be positive or negative

i seriously doubt he would even mention anything that would blow us away with negative stuff... especially with move to the this forum =D

"E"

steelerfan
05-19-2010, 08:27 PM
I've never understood why anyone would waste so much of their time posting on (or Moderating) a site devoted to a game that they haven't played in years. That's Utopia nowadays. I joined Utopia in 03 and it was alot like this place is now. But somewhere between then and now, the focus changed. I wonder if there are any Mod's left there that even care about NCAA 11. Or if any of them played 10 or 09.

The point is, that site had 3 really good Mod's. 3 guys who were passionate about the series. 3 guys who believed that the negativity took away from the community's purpose. Guys that felt that there is a better way to provide criticisms than to say, "F--- You, EA!" and that felt that there are better ways to disagree with a fellow community member than to say, "your opinion blows ass."

Those 3 guys are here now and that's why I'm here too.

Rudy
05-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Windsocks 2.0 :confused:

:p

You and your windsock jokes lol.

Jayrah
05-19-2010, 08:58 PM

If we don't get a blog tomorrow, perhaps you guys could just spill the beans on a few things.

All This: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Like G and others said no commitment from ea on news this season, which is smart, and quite honestly really good for the team. But the past couple weeks we've got 2 pieces of info throughout the week. I think the past 2 tue and fri. Still a lot of things to touch on that we are expecting. Like for example Uniforms, and maybe some defensive position updates (we've hit all the offensive positions "I THINK"), Teambuilder, season showdown, more espn integration stuff, obviously the other 2 dynasty blogs, and the 'superstar' or 'heisman' mode update, I forget what that's called because I never play it. That's what I EXPECT to come out at some point. Stuff I hope to hear about includes special teams updates, post game (in espn), weekly scouting, and I don't know what a new mode could be, but I think they try and add one every year, so there's that possibly.

Basically though, since Team Entrances was last week, I think I'll be surprised if we don't get a mini-Uniform blog on Friday. We should get something

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Ihose 3 guys are here now and that's why I'm here too.

ditto... no brown nose... lol

"E"

cdj
05-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Basically though, since Team Entrances was last week, I think I'll be surprised if we don't get a mini-Uniform blog on Friday. We should get something

We should be due for blogs on uniform & stadium upgrades/additions. Those are always interesting as the details add up quickly in sports games IMO.

JBHuskers
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
I've never understood why anyone would waste so much of their time posting on (or Moderating) a site devoted to a game that they haven't played in years. That's Utopia nowadays. I joined Utopia in 03 and it was alot like this place is now. But somewhere between then and now, the focus changed. I wonder if there are any Mod's left there that even care about NCAA 11. Or if any of them played 10 or 09.

The point is, that site had 3 really good Mod's. 3 guys who were passionate about the series. 3 guys who believed that the negativity took away from the community's purpose. Guys that felt that there is a better way to provide criticisms than to say, "F--- You, EA!" and that felt that there are better ways to disagree with a fellow community member than to say, "your opinion blows ass."

Those 3 guys are here now and that's why I'm here too.

We're glad to have ya here!

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
so... i havent paid attention... you guys are done totally with Utopia or...? what? im a little http://i47.tinypic.com/27y1j5g.jpg...

"E"

cdj
05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
so... i havent paid attention... you guys are done totally with Utopia or...? what? im a little http://i47.tinypic.com/27y1j5g.jpg...

Yep, no longer affiliated with that site. This is our new home.

cdj
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM

I don't think you need to have low expectations, but I think people need to avoid guessing too much on unannounced features (keeps them from an open mind when feature is announced and may even disappoint them if feature is unrelated to guess, no matter how cool it is) and routinely review all of the game's features.

Basically, pretend it's December 2009 and you were told that NCAA 11 would have this list of features & improvements (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?17-NCAA-Football-11-Information-Central) - would you be pleased? Would you take it? I think sometimes leading up to a game's release people overlook what's been announced and keep hitching their wagon to unannounced aspects, basically overlooking and forgetting what's been announced prior which leads to them downplaying additions.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-19-2010, 10:45 PM
sweet... thats exciting... to be here from the ground up... nice

"E"

Deuce
05-19-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't think you need to have low expectations, but I think people need to avoid guessing too much on unannounced features (keeps them from an open mind when feature is announced and may even disappoint them if feature is unrelated to guess, no matter how cool it is) and routinely review all of the game's features.

Basically, pretend it's December 2009 and you were told that NCAA 11 would have this list of features & improvements (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?17-NCAA-Football-11-Information-Central) - would you be pleased? Would you take it? I think sometimes leading up to a game's release people overlook what's been announced and keep hitching their wagon to unannounced aspects, basically overlooking and forgetting what's been announced prior which leads to them downplaying additions.

I understand what you are saying but my low expectations are simply about wanting to be surprised by how good the game is this year. Its not a knock on EA or the features list. To me, there is nothing worse than high expectations only to be disappointed. I actually try to avoid good reviews of movies, music, games, etc...I get sucked in to all the hype and I end up being disappointed b/c they are less than perfect, which isn't fair to the movie, music, or game.

Basically I'm playing head games with myself. :D :D

cdj
05-19-2010, 11:42 PM
I understand what you are saying but my low expectations are simply about wanting to be surprised by how good the game is this year. Its not a knock on EA or the features list. To me, there is nothing worse than high expectations only to be disappointed. I actually try to avoid good reviews of movies, music, games, etc...I get sucked in to all the hype and I end up being disappointed b/c they are less than perfect, which isn't fair to the movie, music, or game.

Basically I'm playing head games with myself. :D :D

I understand you completely. I probably shouldn't have put so many "You's" in my post as I meant them to be generic, not specific.

That's a good attitude to have though - don't get too high or hyped. I've had many games, movies, TV shows, etc. ruined by my own high expectations. It's never fun.

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 12:05 AM

"E"

Yep 110% done. As we have built this for the focus and direction that we want to take things. No matter how much they want to say that is their focus now...it wasn't, else we wouldn't have left.

Nope, just certain people want to instill you to have low expectations.

JeffHCross
05-20-2010, 02:01 AM
To echo Deuce, cdj, it's not that we want to have low expectations, we're just following the "low expectations means you're always pleasantly surprised" line of thinking. The lower expectations, the more impressed we'll be with the final product. At least in theory that's how it would work.

For example, Pregame Entrances. My level of expectation when I first thought of the feature was essentially a rehash of last-gen. They have surpassed that and beyond. To the point that I'm not even bothered by the fact that Ohio State's is likely to be completely wrong, based on what I've seen and read.

Jayrah
05-20-2010, 03:30 AM
Yep 110% done. As we have built this for the focus and direction that we want to take things. No matter how much they want to say that is their focus now...it wasn't, else we wouldn't have left.

Nope, just certain people want to instill you to have low expectations.

You in particular got straight disrespected man. Very uncool.

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 08:22 AM
You in particular got straight disrespected man. Very uncool.

What do ya mean man? Or do you mean you as in CDJ, Tommy, and I as a whole?

steelerfan
05-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I've had movies ruined by my own high expectations.

Yep. I rarely watch movies. It's just not something I do. I wanted to see The Hangover since it was in theaters, just never bothered. Well, I finally watched it last weekend and it was no where near what I expected.

Schauwn
05-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Yep. I rarely watch movies. It's just not something I do. I wanted to see The Hangover since it was in theaters, just never bothered. Well, I finally watched it last weekend and it was no where near what I expected.

not to take this too far off-topic, this is why I go see movies/get games when they come out, before I hear everyone hype it up and make it out to be the best thing ever (the hangover is a good example of that...)

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
(the hangover is a good example of that...)

what?! even my wife thought that movie was hilarious... lol

now, the movie paranormal activity, was fail

not to take this too far off-topic

ive contributed against your efforts... sorry =)

"E"

Deuce
05-20-2010, 12:25 PM

The Hangover is a perfect example. I should have loved that movie b/c it appeals to my low brow sense of humor. But my wife, who saw it before me, built it way up and I ended up thinking it was just ok. I'm going to watch it again sometime soon and I bet I'll end up loving it this time around b/c my expectations are back down to 'normal'.

Kwizzy
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
The Hangover is a perfect example. I should have loved that movie b/c it appeals to my low brow sense of humor. But my wife, who saw it before me, built it way up and I ended up thinking it was just ok. I'm going to watch it again sometime soon and I bet I'll end up loving it this time around b/c my expectations are back down to 'normal'.

Couldn't agree more... Went in after hearing from everyone that it was the BEST MOVIE ever & came out disappointed because I thought it was funny but nowhere near the best ever!

Anyway.... So, how bout them blogs? JB how about another generic tease to get us back on track?!?! :D

Deuce
05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I wonder if we'll get a blog tomorrow. I'm anxious to hear what's changed for Teambuilder.

JeffHCross
05-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm expecting another blog tomorrow, around when I leave work.

That said, I just looked at the recent pattern, and it's following a Tuesday/next Friday pattern. The 30th, 4th, 14th, 18th. If said pattern continues, it'll be another week before a new blog.

Now I'm really hoping for tomorrow :D

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Couldn't agree more... Went in after hearing from everyone that it was the BEST MOVIE ever & came out disappointed because I thought it was funny but nowhere near the best ever!

Anyway.... So, how bout them blogs? JB how about another generic tease to get us back on track?!?! :D

You're requesting teases now? LOL --- Well (honestly) I'm not sure what blogs two and three are going to be of.....I just know something that has not been announced yet that made us at the community day say....WOW didn't really think of that.

Deuce
05-20-2010, 02:30 PM
It's gotta be dreads! :D

steelerfan
05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
It's gotta be dreads! :D

Or the return of The Ice Machine!:cool:

Kwizzy
05-20-2010, 02:54 PM
I was actually thinkin you might just give us something more generic to help us get back on topic from the hangover. Something like: "You're gonna be pumped, it's amazing!" lol but I'll take that

Coachdenz
05-20-2010, 03:11 PM
You're requesting teases now? LOL --- Well (honestly) I'm not sure what blogs two and three are going to be of.....I just know something that has not been announced yet that made us at the community day say....WOW didn't really think of that.

now I have to start thinking outside the box.........Great

JeffHCross
05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
now I have to start thinking outside the box.........GreatI've heard that it's something that may never have appeared on any wish list. That's how out of the box it is.

Coachdenz
05-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I've heard that it's something that may never have appeared on any wish list. That's how out of the box it is.

yeah makes me wonder and then again if it's never been on a wishlist why put it in when people are wanting other stuff? Unless all the other stuff is in, which I doubt.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
dont forget that JB said that it made all of them say "wow" or one of the CD guys said it... so whatever it is, list or not, im expecting it to be something very nice...

"E"

JeffHCross
05-20-2010, 11:23 PM
D, you're right, but we shouldn't treat features like ordering for a menu. I'd applaud EA incredibly if they managed to think far enough outside the box to include a feature that had never been requested, and yet did it with high enough quality to impress JB.

Though, since JB's a freaking tease-woman I don't know how much it takes to impress him. ;)

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 11:32 PM
dont forget that JB said that it made all of them say "wow" or one of the CD guys said it... so whatever it is, list or not, im expecting it to be something very nice...

"E"

Yes and I stand by it still! I just don't know when this news will come. I have a good idea, but it's pure speculation.

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 11:34 PM
D, you're right, but we shouldn't treat features like ordering for a menu. I'd applaud EA incredibly if they managed to think far enough outside the box to include a feature that had never been requested, and yet did it with high enough quality to impress JB.

Yep what I'm talking about impressed everyone because I don't think any of us saw it coming.

To be more of a tease there is one more thing besides this that will impress all of you, but I did see it coming :)

Though, since JB's a freaking tease-woman I don't know how much it takes to impress him. ;)

Hah....we'll just have to see when it is announced.

Rudy
05-21-2010, 04:55 AM
Online roster editor? I'm just guessing.

Deuce
05-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Yep what I'm talking about impressed everyone because I don't think any of us saw it coming.

To be more of a tease there is one more thing besides this that will impress all of you, but I did see it coming :)

Prolly not until E3 huh? Is that 3 weeks away?

JBHuskers
05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Prolly not until E3 huh? Is that 3 weeks away?

June 15-17, so just a hair more than three weeks.

Kwizzy
05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
My guess is something having to do with online and or online dynasty. It seems like I remember hearing that EA had some kind of data that told them that people were playing more and more online so I would imagine that's an area of the game they are looking to expand on as rapidly as possible. Just my thoughts.

Jayrah
05-22-2010, 03:38 AM
I am pumped. 2 WOW's left. And other stuff. I gotta say JB, I don't know if seeing something coming will make a difference at this point, they've done such a terrific job of completing the job this year in all the aspects. There are no immediate "loose ends" in other words. I mean, they could play out as loose ends, but the team did an excellent job of at least addressing issues in some way. For example the coaches choice option in phone call, the community feedback of mascots, the play clock glitch, the defensive awareness addition in the red zone and on scrambling qbs, and the school specific no huddle offenses based on RL reactions and situations. Just little things, but all together they add up to MAJOR things if not addressed in both directions. If they touched the issue, they tied it off. May not work on everything but they tried, and no matter what I can applaud that.

steelerfan
05-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Absolutely the way I feel Jayrah. A few weeks ago, I looked at the "poll" that EA put out asking everyone for their top 3 features that they'd like to see implemented. I was very surprised to see how many of them had already been addressed while we still have so much more that hasn't been announced.

I get excited for this game every year. But, this year is different. They have done soooo much. I am optimistic that this could be "the NCAA we've all been waiting for."

jaymo76
05-25-2010, 11:56 PM
I would love to see the return of custom playbooks but I'm 100% sure that we won't see this anytime soon. Whatever, I just want to play that demo... bring on some football!!!

Jayrah
05-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Online roster editor? I'm just guessing.

The more I think about this, the cooler it becomes.

morsdraconis
05-26-2010, 11:22 AM
The more I think about this, the cooler it becomes.

Absolutely!

They do this, the fanbase in general LOVES this game. Online roster editor = the fastest and easiest updated rosters EVER.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Absolutely!

They do this, the fanbase in general LOVES this game. Online roster editor = the fastest and easiest updated rosters EVER.

But would the NCAA raise a stink about it is the real question.

rhombic21
06-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I've heard that it's something that may never have appeared on any wish list. That's how out of the box it is.

I don't like the sound of this. Honestly, there are so many things that have been mentioned ad-nauseum on wishlists that need to be added to the game that I'm not crazy about them going and adding something that nobody has asked for. Nobody asked for season showdown, and that feature was essentially a complete waste of time and energy. I have a hard time believing that something so far out of the box that nobody has asked for it yet is going to be a feature that will turn out to be all that great, compared to other things that will get left out.

cdj
06-01-2010, 06:33 PM
I'd be really, really surprised if the remaining big features weren't tremendously well-received.

In addition, we haven't had any blogs discussing the improvement to details. Usually we have one or two of those by now.

Rudy
06-01-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't like the sound of this. Honestly, there are so many things that have been mentioned ad-nauseum on wishlists that need to be added to the game that I'm not crazy about them going and adding something that nobody has asked for. Nobody asked for season showdown, and that feature was essentially a complete waste of time and energy. I have a hard time believing that something so far out of the box that nobody has asked for it yet is going to be a feature that will turn out to be all that great, compared to other things that will get left out.

http://wingnight.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/debbie-downer.jpg

I'm starting to think the addition of tracking dynasty stats, box scores and highlights from your PC may be a feature. I mentioned this earlier and how 2K did a great job of this with MLB 2K10 (I think they may have it in their other sports games as well). You can check out my Detroit Tigers dynasty including video highlights as an example. http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=1003056 It gives a lot of great info (not everything) and requires little work. Very neat.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd be really, really surprised if the remaining big features weren't tremendously well-received.

In addition, we haven't had any blogs discussing the improvement to details. Usually we have one or two of those by now.

Agreed.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM

On the same token from a marketing standpoint, and from a standpoint of capturing the casual gamer....these type of things (successful or flops) have to be implemented in a new game. And don't forget...without Season Showdown...what we're still waiting to hear about would not exist.

rhombic21
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
The fact that it builds on Season Showdown, is geared towards casual gamers, and is apparently so far "out of the box" that it's literally never been asked for is even more evidence that it's probably not going to be something that I'm all that interested in. I just hope it doesn't fuck up the other parts of the game, like many of EA's previous "features" have done.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 09:05 PM
The fact that it builds on Season Showdown, is geared towards casual gamers, and is apparently so far "out of the box" that it's literally never been asked for is even more evidence that it's probably not going to be something that I'm all that interested in. I just hope it doesn't fuck up the other parts of the game, like many of EA's previous "features" have done.

I never said it "builds" on Season Showdown. I just said without Season Showdown, this new unannounced feature wouldn't exist.

ebin
06-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm starting to think the addition of tracking dynasty stats, box scores and highlights from your PC may be a feature. I mentioned this earlier and how 2K did a great job of this with MLB 2K10 (I think they may have it in their other sports games as well). You can check out my Detroit Tigers dynasty including video highlights as an example. http://community.2ksports.com/community/user/blogs.cfm?blogid=1003056 It gives a lot of great info (not everything) and requires little work. Very neat.

Other than than improvements to core gameplay, this has been at the top of my wishlist for years. With all the time I spend inputting this information by hand now, I could probably play twice as many games. That 2k looks like a good amount of information. Thanks for sharing.

Coachdenz
06-01-2010, 09:22 PM
cough**scouting**cough

JeffHCross
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I have a hard time believing that something so far out of the box that nobody has asked for it yet is going to be a feature that will turn out to be all that great, compared to other things that will get left out.Well, I don't think anybody's gone back and researched whether or not it had ever been thought of. It's just what I've heard.

I would not at all be shocked if it was something I had put on a wishlist at one point. I've been known for asking for some things no one else has.

The fact that it builds on Season Showdown, is geared towards casual gamers, and is apparently so far "out of the box" that it's literally never been asked for is even more evidence that it's probably not going to be something that I'm all that interested in.He didn't say it was geared toward the casual gamer. Marketing new, attention grabbing features are essential to getting sales from the casual gamer. That's what JB's talking about.

JeffHCross
06-01-2010, 09:59 PM
cough**scouting**coughI hope this was based on an article and not just a guess ... 'cause ... heh, you should play Vegas.

VIP (as in 2k's VIP bio feature) for EA games ... drool ... http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5240298/madden-11-introduces-online-scouting?readmore=fullstory

( Okay, so it's not going to be exactly like VIP ... and the monetary system sucks ... but hey, it's still a darn good step in the right direction )

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, I don't think anybody's gone back and researched whether or not it had ever been thought of. It's just what I've heard.

I would not at all be shocked if it was something I had put on a wishlist at one point. I've been known for asking for some things no one else has.
He didn't say it was geared toward the casual gamer. Marketing new, attention grabbing features are essential to getting sales from the casual gamer. That's what JB's talking about.

Yeah .... Season Showdown (back of the box feature to capture the casual gamer)
Unannounced feature (is possible thanks to Season Showdown)

rhombic21
06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
1) I doubt that season showdown was successful in capturing very many casual gamers.

2) Based on the fact that it's reliant on season showdown, there is very little that this unannounced feature is going to be able to do, from my standpoint. About the best that we might get is some kind of scouting type feature that builds a user profile of you (and other players online), and even that wouldn't be all that impressive.

JBHuskers
06-01-2010, 10:47 PM
On the same token from a marketing standpoint, and from a standpoint of capturing the casual gamer....these type of things (successful or flops) have to be implemented in a new game. And don't forget...without Season Showdown...what we're still waiting to hear about would not exist.

1) I doubt that season showdown was successful in capturing very many casual gamers.

2) Based on the fact that it's reliant on season showdown, there is very little that this unannounced feature is going to be able to do, from my standpoint. About the best that we might get is some kind of scouting type feature that builds a user profile of you (and other players online), and even that wouldn't be all that impressive.

Like I said on the above quote, not all ideas are successes.

cdj
06-01-2010, 11:12 PM
The aspect is successful based on the tech and experiences learned from SS, it's not SS 2.0 or even related to it. Let's just leave it at that - that's the point JB was trying to make.