PDA

View Full Version : Madden 25 Info

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rudy
04-17-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm hoping to have a thread that can be updated with all Madden 25 news. The community day guys have played the game and the embargo ends April 25th - the first day of the draft. The cover results will be revealed the day before.

jaymo76
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Playbooks are now up.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-first-screenshot

Rudy
04-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Barry wins the cover vote!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIqJskdCQAE4YIP.jpg:large

A new trailer. I love that they used a CCR song. The youngens' out there might not have a clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4g8yGGnh8

Great blog on the new running game editions. I didn't know about the modifier and how you can do many extra moves if you have the skills.
http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/04/24/run-free-with-madden-nfl-25-all-new-precision-modifier/

GatorfanStovy
04-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Not much of a trailer . Love see the packers get trampled all over. So nice. GB better get their shit together to tackle the 49ers again in week 1.

WolverineJay
04-25-2013, 12:40 PM
All the articles keep mentioning that they got rid of auto-sprint in M25. I don't get it, seriously if your controlled player automatically reaches his top speed on his own that is auto-sprint. I get that EA Tiburon added in an acceleration boost to help modify how fast one gets to top speed but that doesn't mean you removed auto-sprint you just added to it.

WolverineJay
04-25-2013, 12:47 PM
I am getting totally numb to this time of year to be honest. I will judge the game from the demo and decide then if it is a purchase or not. Until then, I just want to know from the game changers and CD guys whether or not legacy glitches and issues have been addressed in any of the builds they have played prior to release.

jaymo76
04-25-2013, 10:16 PM
This is an interesting article... but what's with the streetfighter reference and Madden 25 running???

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/4696/madden-nfl-25-lets-ball-carriers-run-free

We’ve also added in combo moves with the right analog stick, almost like you’re playing ‘Street Fighter.’ So when you hit someone with the truck stick by pressing up, you can then hit half circle to spin. You can do back juke, spin combos, go left to right, right to left, and string together multiple moves with our fake-out system.”

SmoothPancakes
04-25-2013, 10:26 PM
:fp: Oh lord EA. Really? Madden and Street Fighter never belong as a comparison in anything.

Rudy
04-26-2013, 05:14 AM
I like how you have to hit L2 to perform special moves which slows you down and are only available to high rated players in those categories. Should be interesting. Someone compared it to the FIFA system but I have no clue what that means.

countryboy
04-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Has Madden announced their release schedule for information?

LeeSO
04-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Has Madden announced their release schedule for information?

This is the playbook schedule:
Run Free - April 24
Infinity Engine 2 - April 24
Connected Franchise Part 1 - May 6
Connected Franchise Part 2 - May 20
Madden Share - June 24
Madden Ultimate Team - July 1
All-Madden Team - July 8

countryboy
04-28-2013, 11:12 AM
This is the playbook schedule:
Run Free - April 24
Infinity Engine 2 - April 24
Connected Franchise Part 1 - May 6
Connected Franchise Part 2 - May 20
Madden Share - June 24
Madden Ultimate Team - July 1
All-Madden Team - July 8

Thanks!

LeeSO
04-28-2013, 01:17 PM
no problem. :up:

jaymo76
04-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Pretty intelligent with the Madden team renaming connected careers to connected franchise. Doing that last year would have saved them a lot of grief. Hopefully with two full franchise playbooks the immersion this year will be out of the park.

Rudy
04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Pretty intelligent with the Madden team renaming connected careers to connected franchise. Doing that last year would have saved them a lot of grief. Hopefully with two full franchise playbooks the immersion this year will be out of the park.

I was thinking the exact same thing. A lot of people were confused last year. My co-worker's 12 year old son was pissed thinking franchise was completely gone. Not everyone checks out all the info before a game release to find out these things.

Rudy
05-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Great article on improving Madden DL controls. This applies to NCAA as well.

http://gomadden.com/content/madden/madden-25-total-control-idea/

GatorfanStovy
05-04-2013, 02:48 PM
very interesting new of playing d line. We will see how it plays out.

Rudy
05-04-2013, 05:42 PM
That was just a great suggestion on the internet. I don't know if any of that will be in the game. I'm expecting the same old crappy controls.

GatorfanStovy
05-04-2013, 08:31 PM
That was just a great suggestion on the internet. I don't know if any of that will be in the game. I'm expecting the same old crappy controls.

I am too but just a wish. Just like the wish I would like Madden to bring back importing draft classes and RTG stuff from NCAA that was fun and now pointless of doing RTG any more but sadly i still complete the mode at least once. the draft classes I miss the most.

LeeSO
05-06-2013, 01:03 PM
The Connected Franchise playbook scheduled for today has been pushed back to May 20th.

Rudy
05-06-2013, 04:21 PM
The Connected Franchise playbook scheduled for today has been pushed back to May 20th.

I don't know if it's a good sign or bad but I'll guess bad. I bet they are struggling to get something in and had to cut something out.

Deuce
05-06-2013, 04:38 PM
I don't know if it's a good sign or bad but I'll guess bad. I bet they are struggling to get something in and had to cut something out.

I think it's simply due to EA announcing today that they'll be making Star Wars games for Disney. I'm guessing they didn't want any cannibalization from a news aspect.

Typed by thumbs.

Rudy
05-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Whoops. I didn't know that.

Deuce
05-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Whoops. I didn't know that.

That's my guess...don't know for sure. :)

Typed by thumbs.

LeeSO
05-06-2013, 06:59 PM

From OS:
EA confirms the playbook has been moved back, "We're going to reveal all Connected Franchise features on the 20th so fans can get all the news about the mode and it's features at one time. So we're not canceling the first Connected Franchise Playbook, but are rather combining it with the other one so that all the details are announced at the same time (May 20th). We'll also be supporting the announcement with assets (blogs, videos, etc.) in the days after the announcement, like what we've been doing with the already-released Playbooks."

Here is the updated schedule.
Connected Franchise - (May 20th)
Cement your legacy as one of the all-time greats and take ultimate control of your franchise.
Madden Share - (June 24th)
The best content from around the Madden NFL universe, right at your fingertips.
Madden Ultimate Team - (July 1st)
Enjoy new ways to play and build your team in this year’s edition of Ultimate Team.
All-25 (July 8th)
Celebrating 25 years of Madden NFL's best of the best.

Jayrah
05-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I wonder if there's some info that might give away any dynasty info for NCAA and they want to make those as close as possible? I was really looking forward to it this week too. :smh:

Rudy
05-07-2013, 04:56 AM
That makes sense to combine the two. Looking forward to hearing what has changed about the mode. I really enjoyed CCM last year. I hope the mid level free agents are MUCH tougher to sign. Anybody rated 82 and below could be signed for under $2 million a year and often under $1.5 million a year. An 80-83 rated player should be getting $3 to $5 million a year depending on the position imo. The cpu didn't sign those guys enough preferring to blow huge money on the 90+ rated guys and leaving the great value guys for me to scoop up. I'd like to see an option to set scouting points for the draft. I think 3000 a week is perfect.

Rudy
05-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Shop master has a really good article on "Run Free".

http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/07/madden-nfl-25-quick-hits-run-free-is-not-just-for-rbs/

jaymo76
05-07-2013, 11:10 PM
That makes sense to combine the two. Looking forward to hearing what has changed about the mode. I really enjoyed CCM last year. I hope the mid level free agents are MUCH tougher to sign. Anybody rated 82 and below could be signed for under $2 million a year and often under $1.5 million a year. An 80-83 rated player should be getting $3 to $5 million a year depending on the position imo. The cpu didn't sign those guys enough preferring to blow huge money on the 90+ rated guys and leaving the great value guys for me to scoop up. I'd like to see an option to set scouting points for the draft. I think 3000 a week is perfect.

I agree Rudy. I didn't originally like the idea of CCM but after all the patches it was a decent mode. I still want the ability to play any game on the schedule though. I'm looking forward to see what they have added. There will be a small revolution if there is not mention of a TRANSACTION LOG!!!

Rudy
05-08-2013, 04:24 AM
Hopefully they do something to make practice more interesting. Adding RPG elements does keep you invested in your coach but practices were boring. Add the Oklahoma drill or bring back the mini games like Bowling and Tug of War for fun. Let me play Madden moments for points. Anything to make it more fun (even if not completely realistic but it's an option).

Rudy
05-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Great recap on Madden gameplay from Gamechanger radio. Talks a lot about improved running game and differences between the backs. Allfred Morris can stiff arm with the best of them but can't spin. Running up the middle is great and some moves can only be done on the analog sticks (chaining moves with modifiers). More player momentum, no speed boat running with the zig-zag issues of last year.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/627856-madden-25-gameplay-impressions-game-changers-radio-5-7-more-depth-than-tsp-radio.html

GatorfanStovy
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Interesting stuff. I still have super low hopes for Madden every year as far as game-play goes .

Rudy
05-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Defensive video tomorrow. Full Connected Franchise on May 20th.

GatorfanStovy
05-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Defensive video tomorrow. Full Connected Franchise on May 20th.

Freaking sweet! Any spoilers? Imported draft classes ha ?

Rudy
05-13-2013, 04:39 AM
No spoilers that I know of. I expect to see full 32 team control in franchise, a transaction log, being able to play any game on the schedule if we want. I think the imported draft class is a tougher thing because of the story mode built into the draft and CCM through the scouting process. We'll see.

CLW
05-13-2013, 09:05 PM
The team has now missed two self-imposed and announced dates to announce stuff. I gotta feeling NCAA AND Madden were mailed in this year as most/all attention/resources/etc... is focused on 15/PS4/720

LeeSO
05-14-2013, 12:36 AM
The team has now missed two self-imposed and announced dates to announce stuff. I gotta feeling NCAA AND Madden were mailed in this year as most/all attention/resources/etc... is focused on 15/PS4/720

I've been searching everywhere for that damn video. :dunno:
Edit: Slated to come out today. (14th)

Rudy
05-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Some people on the internet are losing it over a one day delay. It's not the worst thing in the world for a game coming out in late August but it does stink of being really sloppy. Why announce anything if you aren't ready? EA has been using social media for awhile now. They should be smarter than that.

JBHuskers
05-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Some people on the internet are losing it over a one day delay. It's not the worst thing in the world for a game coming out in late August but it does stink of being really sloppy. Why announce anything if you aren't ready? EA has been using social media for awhile now. They should be smarter than that.

True. But people lose it every year on every title. That never changes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CLW
05-14-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm not "losing it". I'm merely pointing out that the "hype" surrounding NCAA/Madden this year doesn't to be nearly as strong as the "norm". Perhaps its a coincidence but I suspect that is b/c significant resources are being put into PS4/720 and that this year is just a "bridge" (i.e. nothing much "big" for either title) before next year's release on next-gen.

JBHuskers
05-14-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm not "losing it". I'm merely pointing out that the "hype" surrounding NCAA/Madden this year doesn't to be nearly as strong as the "norm". Perhaps its a coincidence but I suspect that is b/c significant resources are being put into PS4/720 and that this year is just a "bridge" (i.e. nothing much "big" for either title) before next year's release on next-gen.

I doubt he was talking about you. You definitely aren't going nuts :D

There are those "it's the end of the world, EA is trash, I'm not buying it because this video is a day late" people out there....

CLW
05-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Decent article explaining how "run free" works (i.e. how to pull the moves off)

http://underthecode.com/2013/05/14/my-early-madden-nfl-25-gameplay-impressions/

Are these moves also on NCAA as well?

jaymo76
05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
No spoilers that I know of. I expect to see full 32 team control in franchise, a transaction log, being able to play any game on the schedule if we want. I think the imported draft class is a tougher thing because of the story mode built into the draft and CCM through the scouting process. We'll see.

I really hope the play any game feature makes it back. To me this was a huge omission. However, I'm not sold it will be back... but I sure hope it's back for 14.

Rudy
05-14-2013, 08:08 PM

Make no mistake - I did not think you are losing it. I was referring to some guys at OS and Twitter losing their minds over the delay. JP is one of them and I've read cursing and other stuff too. Some people are way too serious.

LeeSO
05-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Looking more and more like it's not coming out tonight as well. No big.

CLW
05-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Looking more and more like it's not coming out tonight as well. No big.

Pasta Padre posted a blog/article on his site noting this and wondering what is going on at EA. Also mentioned rumors of exclusivity with MS and EA are in the works. Honestly, I wouldn't mind see EA go to MS which would potentially open up Sony to bring in their own NFL product.

jaymo76
05-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Pasta Padre posted a blog/article on his site noting this and wondering what is going on at EA. Also mentioned rumors of exclusivity with MS and EA are in the works. Honestly, I wouldn't mind see EA go to MS which would potentially open up Sony to bring in their own NFL product.

An exclusive deal would kill EA, regardless of how much Microsoft gives them. EA already has a lot of negativity associated with its name. Imagine removing Madden, NCAA, and FIFA from PlayStation users? People, including those organizations I just mentioned would go nuts...

Deuce
05-15-2013, 12:11 PM
An exclusive deal would kill EA, regardless of how much Microsoft gives them. EA already has a lot of negativity associated with its name. Imagine removing Madden, NCAA, and FIFA from PlayStation users? People, including those organizations I just mentioned would go nuts...

I agree...I just don't see how it's possible.

But I've been wrong before. Could it be just for earlier release of EA games?

Typed by thumbs.

LeeSO
05-15-2013, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WCU-V_nXOxE

Totally unrealistic, Cam Newton doesn't go down that easy. :P

jaymo76
05-15-2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WCU-V_nXOxE

totoally unrealistic, Cam Newton doesn't go down that easy. :P

Interesting. Can you imagine if the actual gameplay looked like that? The game can be so stunning when it's zoomed in and on replay. Anyways, back to the clip... I will still reserve judgment until I see actual sustained gameplay footage.

CLW
05-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Interesting. Can you imagine if the actual gameplay looked like that? The game can be so stunning when it's zoomed in and on replay. Anyways, back to the clip... I will still reserve judgment until I see actual sustained gameplay footage.

Yep and in recent years EA has given very little of that prior to release. It's ALWAYS the smooth close up replay views which ALWAYS look nice but not so much when you get the final product.

jaymo76
05-15-2013, 04:40 PM
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-defense

Here is the blog.

Rudy
05-15-2013, 07:45 PM
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-defense

Here is the blog.

That blog and video were very underwhelming to me. Nothing in there makes it seem like it will play significantly different than last year. More emphasis on the hit stick? I've never even been a hit stick guy. Heat seeker? Just more marketing buzz word crap EA loves to use. Enough already with the catch phrases and back of the box bullet points (Infinity Engine, Force system, etc). Sheesh. It's called the tackle button and I'm sure it will work very similar to last year.

What I really take out of this video is the fact they have done NOTHING to improve the DL moves or to actually break blocks. There is no modifier system for the defense. They just tweaked the current options a little bit. I want to control my spin, rips, clubs and other moves on defense. DL play needs a big upgrade in controls. It's not even up to last gen snuff imo.

CLW
05-15-2013, 08:00 PM
That blog and video were very underwhelming to me. Nothing in there makes it seem like it will play significantly different than last year. More emphasis on the hit stick? I've never even been a hit stick guy. Heat seeker? Just more marketing buzz word crap EA loves to use. Enough already with the catch phrases and back of the box bullet points (Infinity Engine, Force system, etc). Sheesh. It's called the tackle button and I'm sure it will work very similar to last year.

What I really take out of this video is the fact they have done NOTHING to improve the DL moves or to actually break blocks. There is no modifier system for the defense. They just tweaked the current options a little bit. I want to control my spin, rips, clubs and other moves on defense. DL play needs a big upgrade in controls. It's not even up to last gen snuff imo.

Yeah I've been generally underwhelmed as well. I generally get NCAA just for the love of dynasty mode and college sports. Madden since I started law school always has to prove its worth it to me since I don't really have a team that I follow (other than my fantasy team on NFL Redzone)

Rudy
05-15-2013, 08:01 PM
EA is getting rid of the online pass. Used gaming values just went up next year. This should apply to Madden.

http://beyondmediaonline.com/forums/index.php?topic=147.new#new

WolverineJay
05-16-2013, 01:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIfI_ZEIoGc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

simfballcritic releases some new info about ol/dl interactions in Madden 25 dealing with new animations and locomotion in pass blocking, pass rush, run blocking, etc...

Sounds intriguing, I can't wait to see it in action at E3 and in the demo. If it is a nice upgrade to ol/dl interactions I may skip NCAA altogether this year unless NCAA gets the same treatment.

Edit: He is just going over a list of info he received from EA Tiburon no actual video of any changes

LeeSO
05-16-2013, 01:16 PM
ESPN's article talking about defense. Nothin' major.
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/4807/madden-25-makes-defensive-adjustments

countryboy
05-18-2013, 05:32 PM
I haven't read anything about this game that makes me wanna get aboard the hype train or even check the schedule to see when it may arrive.

Madden has sadly gone to a game that unless the demo interests me, then I won't even bother checking out hands on reviews. I used to live for "Madden Holiday", but now, its just another day.

Rudy
05-19-2013, 04:45 AM
Amazon has a good deal on the Anniversary edition of Madden 25. For an extra $40 you may get access to NFL Sunday Ticket but there are a lot of catches.

Personally I think those Anniversary editions are a good idea and money maker for EA if they were done properly. If you really want people to buy them at a premium price then sell those copies a week earlier. It's an easy cash grab as some guys will pay almost anything to get an early copy. Furthermore every anniversary edition should have an older game packaged inside on the disc. They should make it a game from 10 years prior. Just load Madden '04 on the disc and let people play it. Those old games can't take that much room. Last year's Madden downloaded at under 5 GB so there should be space. The MUT extras don't interest me at all but having a chance to play an old PS2 classic would.

Rudy
05-19-2013, 04:58 AM
I haven't read anything about this game that makes me wanna get aboard the hype train or even check the schedule to see when it may arrive.

Madden has sadly gone to a game that unless the demo interests me, then I won't even bother checking out hands on reviews. I used to live for "Madden Holiday", but now, its just another day.

I know how you feel. I used to get Madden every year and then 2K ruined that for me with their enhanced presentation and line play. It made Madden harder to enjoy and I quit buying it after Madden 05. I got hooked on the NCAA series and couldn't wait for the next game - until this generation. I've just given up hope for that series this gen as I view the developers goals as being opposite of what I want. The focus seems to be solely on online dynasty and getting the cpu to play a half-ass decent game was an after thought along with real player weight and momentum. The last couple years I haven't even seriously thought of buying NCAA. I still keep tabs on the series but I've gotten Madden the last two years again and I did enjoy CCM last year despite the game flaws. Both games cpu AI has been lousy and haven't improved in years. They are WAY behind the other sports games in this department.

I am looking forward to Madden 25 but it's not the "can't wait to get this game!" feeling anymore. In the past I would have driven an hour each way if I could have gotten the game early. Not anymore. A part of me thinks we are all better off waiting to buy the game after the first patch since the games have gotten so buggy lately.

Rudy
05-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Connected franchise blog Monday at 3 pm. An early menu screenshot.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKqjXwaCIAAi__R.jpg:large

jaymo76
05-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Very excited to hear about the blog. Based on the above image it seems as though Madden is trying to streamline the menus as well. Madden 13's menu was pretty convoluted to say the least. The fact that we will know more stuff about Madden, FIFA, and NHL before we know about NCAA dynasty is mind boggling!?!?!?!?

jaymo76
05-19-2013, 09:18 PM
For me to be very satisfied after tomorrow's announcement I need to see a few specific things: (in no particular order)

1. League transaction log
2. Full player editing which includes POSITION CHANGES
3. Play any game on the schedule (without having to use a workaround)
4. Change cpu uniform (without having to use a workaround)
5. Coaching schemes that change when the user changes them
6. Being able to change offensive and defensive playbooks at any time in the season

Things I am really hoping for but don't expect:

1. A practice squad (so I don't have to cut future talent)
2. NCAA style formation subs which can be done before and during the game (and stay set until the user changes them!!!)
3. Return of a weekly wrap-up show and the addition of a half-time show
4. A real and noticeable home field advantage
5. Return of the Pro Bowl game (that you can actually participate in if you so choose)
6. Return of coordinators and their playbooks and schemes

countryboy
05-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Very intrigued by the blog as well.

If they don't mention the fact they brought back the ability to import NCAA draft classes, then Madden will be a no buy. ::smh:

GatorfanStovy
05-19-2013, 10:39 PM
@Countryboy,
there has been no mention of draft classes yet. Sadly probably won't happen. Your gonna have to live with out them. I want them back along with importing RTG guy as well but I doubt they do that this year.

I would also love to see them bring the vision cone from 05 era. They could do so much more with it now and add elements to the passing / accuracy part of the part of the game. Example, it would allow the QB to look off each WR maybe fool the CB a bit some how.

jaymo76
05-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Very intrigued by the blog as well.

If they don't mention the fact they brought back the ability to import NCAA draft classes, then Madden will be a no buy. ::smh:

@Countryboy,
there has been no mention of draft classes yet. Sadly probably won't happen. Your gonna have to live with out them. I want them back along with importing RTG guy as well but I doubt they do that this year.

I would also love to see them bring the vision cone from 05 era. They could do so much more with it now and add elements to the passing / accuracy part of the part of the game. Example, it would allow the QB to look off each WR maybe fool the CB a bit some how.

Although I also would like to see import draft classes back into Madden I just don't see it happening. NCAA appears to have moved on last year with their pro players drafted component and Madden has decided to go with created classes in order to make the draft seem more alive. At this point I wonder if this feature will ever return???

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Although I also would like to see import draft classes back into Madden I just don't see it happening. NCAA appears to have moved on last year with their pro players drafted component and Madden has decided to go with created classes in order to make the draft seem more alive. At this point I wonder if this feature will ever return???

I know the feature never really worked as well as I had hoped it would, but it did bring another layer of immersion for me when I could continue the careers of some of my best college guys in Madden. If the import draft classes do not return then Madden 25 must have a shareable draft class feature where realistic drafts can be created using real life college guys. I just prefer the ability to get real life players into my 1st 4 Madden drafts before using Madden generated ones. The ability to edit draft classes and share them with the community would accomplish that for me without the need of importing from NCAA.

steelerfan
05-20-2013, 12:46 AM
Madden must separate User and CPU special teams sliders to ever get me back.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 01:11 AM

:+1: 100% agree with this. I have never understood what the Madden team was thinking on this issue.

Rudy
05-20-2013, 05:08 AM
For me to be very satisfied after tomorrow's announcement I need to see a few specific things: (in no particular order)

1. League transaction log
2. Full player editing which includes POSITION CHANGES
3. Play any game on the schedule (without having to use a workaround)
4. Change cpu uniform (without having to use a workaround)
5. Coaching schemes that change when the user changes them
6. Being able to change offensive and defensive playbooks at any time in the season

Things I am really hoping for but don't expect:

1. A practice squad (so I don't have to cut future talent)
2. NCAA style formation subs which can be done before and during the game (and stay set until the user changes them!!!)
3. Return of a weekly wrap-up show and the addition of a half-time show
4. A real and noticeable home field advantage
5. Return of the Pro Bowl game (that you can actually participate in if you so choose)
6. Return of coordinators and their playbooks and schemes

Agree with everything above and I would really like the bolded ones.

The menus were confusing initially last year although I don't see the twitter feed in that screenshot. That was something I really liked last year and I know they have bigger plans for Schefter this year too.

Rudy
05-20-2013, 05:10 AM

I just don't understand EA and their poor use of the sliders. It's very clear they don't care about them much or test them. It's stupid not to have special teams split between user and cpu. But even worse last year was how terrible the sliders worked. The pass coverage slider was useless/broken and the blocking sliders were so watered down they barely worked. I'm normally an All-Pro guy that gives the cpu boosts but last year on All-Madden with cpu break block at 100 and user run blocking at 0 I could average over 5 yards per carry without a problem. Lamar Miller was averaging over 6 ypc for me and his overall was barely 80.

countryboy
05-20-2013, 06:01 AM
I know the feature never really worked as well as I had hoped it would, but it did bring another layer of immersion for me when I could continue the careers of some of my best college guys in Madden. If the import draft classes do not return then Madden 25 must have a shareable draft class feature where realistic drafts can be created using real life college guys. I just prefer the ability to get real life players into my 1st 4 Madden drafts before using Madden generated ones. The ability to edit draft classes and share them with the community would accomplish that for me without the need of importing from NCAA.

This would work for me as well, ala the NBA 2k series. But being "forced" to use generic draft classes just kills the immersion for me. I want to see how particular players in the college ranks fare in my fantasy world NFL.

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Psst. Importing draft classes is back ;)

(been keeping that one a secret for a while)

http://www.goodgamebro.com/2013/05/20/madden-nfl-25-cfm-owner-mode-ncaa-import/

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 02:20 PM
‘Madden NFL 25′ CFM: Owner Mode & NCAA import are back
May 20, 2013 by Douglas Veney
For EA SPORTS, a rather large risk was taken with Madden NFL 13. The vision of what the company felt a career or franchise mode should be was there, but could they afford to take the risk to overhaul a key component of the game and lose a few features in the process? Some of the best decisions we make are the toughest, and proved to be true for EA SPORTS last year with Connected Careers.

Fans lashed out at the lack of a “franchise” mode, but most didn’t realize that Connected Careers was exactly what they were looking for in Madden NFL 13. Combining both Superstar and Franchise mode, EA SPORTS gave gamers the online franchise that they were looking for while finally giving the mode an “end-game”. Players were able to set records, win championships, and ultimately earn their place in history via the in-game Hall of Fame and legacy score. The mode wasn’t without its issues, however, as many features that fans had grown familiar to had been removed to achieve a new foundation for the mode’s first year. EA SPORTS promised that Connected Careers would lay the foundation for a better experience and those features would return, and they’ve delivered on that promise.

Owner Mode
One of the most beloved features in the long history of Madden has been Owner Mode, and you’ll be happy to know that it’s returning this year. Rather than just rehash what we’ve seen in the past from the mode, new features and ideas have been brought to the mode in Madden NFL 25. Want to relocate a franchise? Move that team to one of the pre-selected cities within the game. While some fans may be frustrated that you just can’t move a team to any city in the world, EA SPORTS went with a quality approach to keep you immersed in the mode. Various cities have been selected by EA SPORTS as what are considered possible destinations for NFL teams, and each includes their own region-themed mascots and logos. You’re able to move teams to Los Angeles, Chicago, London, and quite a few others as well. This pre-determined approach helps the commentary use your team name to avoid dull moments such as the “away team” or “home team” during your games.

Not every team can be moved at any point, however. Choosing a team like the Cowboys won’t allow you to build a brand new stadium or move your team right away as you’ll need to satisfy a few requirements. With the stadium in Dallas being essentially brand new, you’ll have to wait until your stadium degrades quite a bit before you’re able to move. Teams like the Vikings, Raiders, or Browns are able to move right from the start of the season, or you can simply begin the process of building a new stadium instead. If you’re looking to relocate a team, a process of steps will be involved throughout the season to mimic real-life decisions. You’ll have to choose a city to take your team and you’ll be presented with how likely a team is to support you, what type of fans you’ll have, and more. As you progress through the weeks of the season, you’ll be asked to choose mascots, stadium types, and to choose from one of the pre-determined jersey styles in the game. You’re presented with three different jersey types that allow you to take a more traditional approach or to learn towards a more modern look for your new franchise.

All of these things cost money, however, and that’s where you need to balance your budget. Buying a new stadium, upgrading your stadium, or relocating your team will come out of your pocket. Places like Los Angeles, however, might assist you a bit when you’re relocating your team because they’re desperate to have you. To earn money, you’ll need to set jersey, food, and ticket prices for your fans. Set them too high, and fans will lose interest and your support will dwindle quite a bit. Even better, a fan-themed Twitter feed will be present on the right-hand side of the finance menus that let you know what your fans think. Cities like Cleveland that are notorious for fans that complain about everything will still find ways to complain when you’re doing fairly well, adding a great personality for each NFL city.

Having these kinds of features wouldn’t be worth it if you couldn’t compare against other teams or friends within your league. The mode now has a much more simplified menu that allows you to easily navigate to specific sections to compare how you rank in ticket sales, jersey sales, fan support, and quite a few other categories. It’s a great way to get a pulse on how you’re doing in the league, and fantastic to brag when you look at top individual jersey sales for players within the league. For each team, five jerseys are sold with pre-selected players based on a popularity and overall rating algorithm. You may want Tim Tebow to be your starting quarterback, but bringing him into your team could be a great strategy to generate more jersey sales due to his popularity within the game.

While the mode features quite a bit big features and upgrades this year, EA SPORTS is paying attention to the small details as well. Issues with progression and regression have been paid attention to for multiple positions. NFL running backs rarely last past the age of 30, and EA SPORTS is using real-life logic to help players fade out of the league. Tired of Michael Turner dominating leagues and breaking records well into his mid-thirties? As players get older, they’ll struggle to keep their ratings up high unless they have a high development rating and are able to produce great numbers in each season. Father time will catch up to players, but it’s a matter of how quickly that will happen this year rather than “if” if will happen. In numerous simulations of the game, I found certain running backs drop in speed and acceleration as they hit the 30 years old mark. This puts a greater emphasis on drafting rookies as you’ll need them when players don’t produce or are getting too old to be dominate in your offensive or defensive scheme.

Last year, it was apparent that middle linebackers were one of the toughest positions to actually develop due to the high numbers required for tackles. The team has looked over the requirements for each position, as well as backups, and retooled the tuning to ensure that the numbers make sense. While it’s not going to be easy, you now have the opportunity to have breakout players throughout the seasons. Players having seasons like Russell Wilson or Doug Martin are now a reality in the game due to the new algorithms applied to the progression system.

Gone from last year was well was the ability to keep tabs on the transactions throughout your league or season. EA SPORTS has added back an improved transaction log that will help you keep tabs on trades, signings, releases, and other important transactions with each season.

A feature that may not receive a ton of publicity, but well warrants it, is the return of a full 32-team offline dynasty. Players are able to create one owner, coach, or player for every team in an offline dynasty and easily switch between each option using the right-analog stick. It’s a great way to try out multiple positions or to try and feel how different teams can work out using various schemes.

NCAA roster import is back
One of the more beloved features in the NCAA Football series roster import/export option wasn’t available last year. Though EA SPORTS added a fantastic list of hand-crafted fake rosters for players to use with unique stories, fans ultimately wanted the ability to draft players from their Dynasty within NCAA Football. That feature is back this year and will be available to use within both online and offline dynasties.

There will not be, however, the ability to have the stories that we saw for college players with imported college rosters. It’s something that the team at EA SPORTS wants to do, but it’s a rather large undertaking and would have sacrificed the feature this year had they tried to add it in.

For a series that releases yearly, there’s a ton to be excited for this year. The question that ultimately lies ahead is can EA bring together Owner Mode and core gameplay to deliver the definitive Madden title as the next generation consoles are on the horizon? They have a few months to tune and get everything right, but EA SPORTS is on the right page and fans have a reason to be excited this year.

What’s your take on the latest improvements to Madden NFL 25? Discuss Madden NFL 25 in our community & sign up for a league today!

CLW
05-20-2013, 02:28 PM
O.K. owner mode seems interesting. Remember fondly moving my team around to a new city and then customizing the uniforms/colors/etc... back in the day.

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCo5W62Oyc

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 02:31 PM
ok but whats the uniform creator like since you can move a team ? pre selected logo is just the tip of what ever that is

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Let me know if that video posted fine....our dinosaur browser won't let me display it.

CLW
05-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Let me know if that video posted fine....our dinosaur browser won't let me display it.

:nod:

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 02:43 PM
One of the best-received features of Madden NFL 13 was the ability to play as legendary players and coaches in Connected Career. This year, Randall Cunningham, Mike Ditka, William “Refrigerator” Perry and many more will be joining the ranks of the immortals. Cunningham was one of the first true running quarterbacks, a mantle he has passed down to the likes of Cam Newton and Robert Griffin III. Now fans can experience Cunningham’s blazing speed firsthand as an Eagle, Viking or on any other NFL team.

Refrigerator Perry too

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I like what I am reading about Connected Franchise, it seems EA Tiburon is listening to the fans who wanted many features from past Madden's to return.

Now I just have 4 concerns that still haven't been cleared up.

1. Editing within a Connected Franchise.
2. Changing positions within a Connected Franchise.
3. Auto-subs working this year
4. AI improvements for playcalling especially late in games.

Edit- I guess there is nothing new in terms of presentation. I thought the Madden team would at least add in the NCAA studio updates from around the league to keep you immersed like you're in a real living league.

Rudy
05-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Owner mode is a big improvement for the guys that want it. I've always felt setting stadium hot dog prices to be too tedious. I do like the media statements though. I'm more interested in finding out if the salaries are higher/more realistic for mid tier players. I prefer GM and head coach responsibilities.

What about position changes? Or changing your play book? Formation subs? Weekly wrap up show?

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Relocation could be fun. Never messed with that before.

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Image/madden-25-owner-mode-7.jpg

What should you do if you find your team just isn’t the right fit for its city? If that’s the case, then you can move the team to a new city and try your fortunes in a different town. Maybe you want to move the Rams or Raiders back to Los Angeles, or expand the league to a new country by placing a team in Toronto or Mexico City. If you’re truly bold, you can even move a team to London and try to sway English fans into watching a completely different kind of football.

Moving a team doesn’t just give you a new name, mascot and stadium, it also brings with it new fans and a completely different dynamic. If you go to LA, you’re heading into a situation where you can make a lot of money very quickly, but you’ve also got to compete with several other professional sports teams vying for cash and attention. Win early and often and you may be able to hold sway over the fanbase, but one or two losing seasons could lead to a drop in attendance that takes a long time to recover from.

On the other hand, a city like Toronto is likely to be more loyal to the team, but won’t provide as much of a cash infusion. It’s a good city to build up a franchise, but can you make the money necessary to realize your grand visions for your team? These are all things to consider before you uproot a team and try your fortunes in a new location.

Daywalker86
05-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Well done Madden team....that is all.

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 02:54 PM
:nod:

Thanks...it was just my computer crapping out at work and had to do a reboot, now I can see it :D

Windows XP and IE8 :fp:

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 03:00 PM
It is a real shame we don't have any representation at the Madden community events. I really love the Q&A sessions with gswchendt, cdj, and jb. I trust the guys from TGT who got actual hands-on time with the new game and improved features. I know this is mainly an NCAA Football site but 1 guy representing TGT at Madden events would definitely be welcomed by those of us here who like both football games.

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 03:01 PM
this is not bashing, this is just stating a statistic...

all they are doing is putting in what they had before like about 6 years ago.

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Owner mode is a big improvement for the guys that want it. I've always felt setting stadium hot dog prices to be too tedious. I do like the media statements though. I'm more interested in finding out if the salaries are higher/more realistic for mid tier players. I prefer GM and head coach responsibilities.

What about position changes? Or changing your play book? Formation subs? Weekly wrap up show?

yeah, if I want to play some information based game, I'll do that on a pc. I want to see action and color on my ps3. Not to be told I cant advance because i'm under/over budget/a player is missing bla bla blah. Let me get to the game. Its amusing you can add to the stadium but who cares if I cant really see it or interact with it somehow ? ya know...2k had a decent idea with that house n rooms n bobbleheads collection thing LOL

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 03:38 PM
http://underthecode.com/2013/05/20/top-5-things-to-know-about-connected-franchise-mode-in-madden-nfl-25/

Another good write-up.

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Owner's mode isn't the only new thing going for this year's franchise mode. Also included are a handful of changes designed to restore some of the functionality of previous games.
• Importing NCAA Draft Classes
• Offline Fantasy Draft (last year the online fantasy draft was patched into the game)
• 32-Team Control. Perhaps one of the most contentious omissions from Madden 13 ("I think we really took away some people's rituals," said Mike Young, Madden's creative director, of the move.), in Madden NFL 25 you can now control all the NFL teams offline on a single console. With this, you can also edit all the teams the way you want. Connected Franchises allows a mix of players and coaches within that same franchise world.

That excerpt was from:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/madden_nfl_25/b/ps3/archive/2013/05/20/madden-nfl-25-preview-owners-mode-returns.aspx

So it definitely sounds like player editing is back (sure hope that includes changing positions, attributes, traits, and not just equipment)

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Relocation could be fun. Never messed with that before.

The concept is excellent... BUT... if you cannot keep your teams name and uniforms then for me personally I lose all interest quickly. Let's say I want to move the Raider to Hawaii... I want the Hawaii Raiders with the same uniforms, helmets, etc. But in past versions of Madden I have to be the Hawaii Hunters with some generic logo, and generic uniforms. It just loses its fun factor. If however, we can keep our jerseys, helmets and name, then I will surely try it out.

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 03:45 PM
The concept is excellent... BUT... if you cannot keep your teams name and uniforms then for me personally I lose all interest quickly. Let's say I want to move the Raider to Hawaii... I want the Hawaii Raiders with the same uniforms, helmets, etc. But in past versions of Madden I have to be the Hawaii Hunters with some generic logo, and generic uniforms. It just loses its fun factor. If however, we can keep our jerseys, helmets and name, then I will surely try it out.

I read that in one of the articles today that we can move a team and keep their name, logo, uniforms, and colors.

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Owner's mode isn't the only new thing going for this year's franchise mode. Also included are a handful of changes designed to restore some of the functionality of previous games.
• Importing NCAA Draft Classes
• Offline Fantasy Draft (last year the online fantasy draft was patched into the game)
• 32-Team Control. Perhaps one of the most contentious omissions from Madden 13 ("I think we really took away some people's rituals," said Mike Young, Madden's creative director, of the move.), in Madden NFL 25 you can now control all the NFL teams offline on a single console. With this, you can also edit all the teams the way you want. Connected Franchises allows a mix of players and coaches within that same franchise world.

That excerpt was from:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/madden_nfl_25/b/ps3/archive/2013/05/20/madden-nfl-25-preview-owners-mode-returns.aspx

So it definitely sounds like player editing is back (sure hope that includes changing positions, attributes, traits, and not just equipment)

but does that also mean you can play any game you want each week even if you don't control the team like you always could in the past ?

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 04:03 PM
but does that also mean you can play any game you want each week even if you don't control the team like you always could in the past ?

I would guess NO. It sounds like you must be in control of all 32 teams to play any game, which can be a little tedious but not too much if you can delegate everything to the CPU.

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 04:11 PM
owner animations ?! haha

Owner-level decision-making—ticket prices, stadium renovations and the like—was absent in Madden NFL 13 as it introduced the new "Connected Careers" package, which allowed players controlling an entire team as a coach, or those playing as an individual superstar, to participate in the same league. Team owner becomes the third career role one can assume—either through creating yourself or inhabiting the persona of one of the league's real-world bosses. Though not all 32 are yet confirmed to appear, Young expressed confidence that every franchise's honcho will be signed up by the time the game ships, including such names as New England's Robert Kraft, Atlanta's Arthur Blank, or Dallas' notorious Jerry Jones.

"You'll see them in the game in 3D animations," Young said, in camera shots of the executive suite during the action. "If you win the Super Bowl, you'll be up there on the podium, getting handed the Lombardi Trophy."

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Jerry Jones looking like he has to poop?

LeeSO
05-20-2013, 04:39 PM
The only thing I hate about relocating a team and creating uniforms is the generic logos. I wish we could have a web based feature similar to teambuilder so we could create and import the created teams into our Franchise.

Rudy
05-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Selfishly I would trade owners mode for in-game saves. Easy choice for me.

CLW
05-20-2013, 04:45 PM

PS4 man PS4. Sony going to take of it for EA.

CLW
05-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Pasta Padre on Connected Franchise:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/05/20/madden-nfl-25-connected-franchise-detailed-owner-mode-and-requested-features-return

LeeSO
05-20-2013, 04:47 PM

Personally, I wouldn't trade Owner Mode for in game saves. With that being said, I really love being able to save in game in the Show. In game saves is something that is very high on my wish list.

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 05:12 PM
notes-

make a profit or you'll be forced out.

Owner gets asked questions by media and your answer will impact a part of your game

countryboy
05-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Hello Madden...you have my attention.

Rudy
05-20-2013, 05:44 PM
PS4 man PS4. Sony going to take of it for EA.

This is NOT true. The PS4 just has a powered down pause mode. If I start a game in the morning and my kids come home after school and pop in a different game I'm still screwed. Power goes out - screwed. It's better than before but it's still not an in-game save.

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Glad to hear import draft classes are back... BUT... if you use them you will NOT get draft storylines. The storylines were a huge part of the immersion in CCM last year so I am really struggling with what to do on this front.

The added depth of ower mode looks really good (probably better than Madden 05 imo). I have also heard that we will be able to use custom playbooks in CCF this year which is excellent. However, there are still some thinfgs to be clarified:

1. still no word on play any game on the schedule (speculation now is "NO")
2. no mention of the new CBA or practise roster
3. player editing is in... BUT... CAN YOU CHANGE PLAYER POSITIONS???????

Overall, I am pretty excited with what has been mentioned. Now if NCAA doesn't blow me away next week I may only have one FB game this season.

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 05:46 PM
notes-

make a profit or you'll be forced out.

Owner gets asked questions by media and your answer will impact a part of your game

Don't quite get the make a profit. Many of these owners are billionaires... who is going to force them out? I love the media questions though. That is a nice addition taken from the FIFA series.

Rudy
05-20-2013, 05:49 PM
The media questions are cool. Can I play franchise just as a GM and get media questions too?

I want the draft stories myself. Personally I never liked owner mode stuff and I never used the import draft function so these two huge additions for people are pretty useless to me.

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 06:02 PM
I played owner mode a ton on Madden 2004 and 2005, but it got boring after that so I just delegated everything. As I stated before, I usually use the import draft feature for the 1st few years of a franchise in order to get the real life college players in. I also enjoy drafting some of my fictional players that made a nice impact for me in my NCAA Dynasty. Linking the 2 games always added replay value to me, but I do agree that the Madden generated drafts are always more flushed out from top to bottom with talent (plus the bonus of storyline players). I like the Madden drafts mostly because of the sleepers and busts littered throughout the draft while the imported NCAA drafts always went from best to worst based on projected round. If that aspect hasn't changed with this new iteration then I will probably use it sparingly after 1st few years of CFM.

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Don't quite get the make a profit. Many of these owners are billionaires... who is going to force them out? I love the media questions though. That is a nice addition taken from the FIFA series.

obviously i'm generalizing. The stadium can get old or any number of things. If you don't keep up the game will fire you and youll have to become something else or another owner. So its fun and never ending anyway

steelerfan
05-20-2013, 06:13 PM
I just don't understand EA and their poor use of the sliders. It's very clear they don't care about them much or test them. It's stupid not to have special teams split between user and cpu. But even worse last year was how terrible the sliders worked. The pass coverage slider was useless/broken and the blocking sliders were so watered down they barely worked. I'm normally an All-Pro guy that gives the cpu boosts but last year on All-Madden with cpu break block at 100 and user run blocking at 0 I could average over 5 yards per carry without a problem. Lamar Miller was averaging over 6 ypc for me and his overall was barely 80.

For clarity, I think the issue is at Tiburon, not with EA altogether. Vancouver does great work with NHL and FIFA in the slider department.

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 07:05 PM
So I found out from game informer that you have a choice of 17 cities for relocation, with the strangest choice being Dublin, Ireland. Each city has three preset name choices OR you can use the current name and logo. However, there is no mention that you get to keep your existing uniforms.

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 07:10 PM
So I found out from game informer that you have a choice of 17 cities for relocation, with the strangest choice being Dublin, Ireland. Each city has three preset name choices OR you can use the current name and logo. However, there is no mention that you get to keep your existing uniforms.

jaymo, listen to the podcast with Looman he talks about the two things he disliked about Owner mode in the past and he specifically mentions keeping your logo, name, and uniforms.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/631541-operation-sports-press-row-podcast-episode-24-part-3-connected-franchise.html

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 07:12 PM

Here is the game informer link. Included are some good pics (though the same one you can find at OS).

Stadium Management
• Your stadium and its various aspects (bathrooms, seating, locker rooms, parking, etc.) are graded, and these degrade over time. Thus, upgrading individual parts, building a new stadium, or relocation will have to occur.
• Set prices for concessions, merchandise, and tickets for different areas of the stadium
• If you drop into negative cash, you will be forced to sell the team
• You can relocate to one of 17 currently realistic markets such as L.A., Mexico City, Brooklyn, Toronto, and London (complete with city-specific commentary). Each will foot the relocation bill to varying amounts. You can keep the team name or select from one of three that the fans have already picked.
• Pick from eight designs when building a stadium of different prices/quality that impacts your monthly mortgage payment.

Here is the entire list of locations to relocate.

Toronto, Canada
London, England
Sacramento, California
Los Angeles, California
San Antonio Texas
Mexico City, Mexico
Orlando, Florida
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Salt Lake City, Utah
Brooklyn, New York
Memphis, Tennessee
Chicago, Illinois (A Second Team)
Columbus, Ohio
Portland, Oregon
Austin, Texas
Dublin, Ireland
Houston, Texas

No Vancouver Raiders... damn!:(

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 07:17 PM
I liked moving teams around in the original Owner mode, but this time I think I'll be doing a 32 team Franchise where I have a formula for determining stadium upgrades, building new stadiums in current city, and for relocation. Not sure about what formula I will use yet, but something that will keep my Franchise fresh and engaging like maybe moving Rams or Raiders back to LA or Titans back to Houston as the Oilers. Maybe even the Cardinals back to Chicago. I do wonder if we move a team from an existing location say Cincinnati will that then free up another team like Jax to head over to the now vacant Cincinnati?

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 08:02 PM
jaymo, listen to the podcast with Looman he talks about the two things he disliked about Owner mode in the past and he specifically mentions keeping your logo, name, and uniforms.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/631541-operation-sports-press-row-podcast-episode-24-part-3-connected-franchise.html

Good info. Thanks Wolverinejay.

I'm glad to hear about relocation AND ecstatic to hear that practice scenarios are shorter and result in a lot more xp. I wasn't too happy to hear that playbook switching is still up in the air in CCF. Maybe they will get it in, maybe not.

ram29jackson
05-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Brooklyn Dodgers
http://www.gridironuniforms.com/images/th/1938_Brooklyn.png

http://www.gridironuniforms.com/images/th/1937_Brooklyn.png

http://www.gridironuniforms.com/images/th/1933_Brooklyn.png

http://www.gridironuniforms.com/images/th/1931_Brooklyn.png

skipwondah33
05-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Gameplay..Gameplay..that is all for me

countryboy
05-20-2013, 08:07 PM

Here is the game informer link. Included are some good pics (though the same one you can find at OS).

Here is the entire list of locations to relocate.

Toronto, Canada
London, England
Sacramento, California
Los Angeles, California
San Antonio Texas
Mexico City, Mexico
Orlando, Florida
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Salt Lake City, Utah
Brooklyn, New York
Memphis, Tennessee
Chicago, Illinois (A Second Team)
Columbus, Ohio
Portland, Oregon
Austin, Texas
Dublin, Ireland
Houston, Texas

No Vancouver Raiders... damn!:(

Dang...I was hoping Louisville would be on there. Louisville Raiders football baby! :)

CLW
05-20-2013, 08:08 PM
I assume that if a current city's team leaves another franchise could move to that city?

i.e. user #1 in online franchise decides to take their Rams back to L.A. and then the Buffalo owner can then move to St. Louis.

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Here is a great summary from TSO.

Where do I start with Connected Franchise Mode? Starting at the macro level, ‘Owners Mode’ is back. If you are expecting a superficial rehash of Madden 2004 you are going to be pleasantly surprised. The biggest change point is the introduction of Team Value. Team Value is an aggregation of other more tangible indicators, these include Team Success, Popularity, Staff, Stadium, Concession Sales, Merchandise Sales, and Ticket Sales. Each of these indicators are influenced by decisions YOU make as an owner. To add to these decisions, the media will ask you questions periodically and they impact your franchise down the line. A good example of these inquiries is the media asking about Tony Romo and your plans for him. Fans expectations will be shaped by these inquiries.

At any point in the season, you can see how you stack up against the other NFL franchises. Sure, you can neglect the details of your franchise as an owner, but you will likely put yourself at a serious disadvantage. Money is now a tangible entity in game. You need money to:

Sign good staff members, which impacts player progression and regression.

Keep your stadium at a level satisfactory to your fans. You can’t earn money unless you can get people into the stadium. The items you offer in the concessions are impacted by your teams facilities as well.

You need it to pay bonus money to free agents. If you can’t keep your popular players, the popularity of your team will wane, which will affect ticket, merchandise and concession sales.

Making sound financial decisions is very important for a franchises long term success. Finding the correct balance between the various ticket price level, as well as the items in your concession areas is a rewarding mini game in itself.

When creating the team relocation feature, EA went to the NFL and procured a list of viable NFL cities. After doing that, they created a selection of team names and back stories for each city. Want to move to Brooklyn and recreate the Dodgers, go ahead! How about move another franchise to Houston and resurrect the Oilers? You can do that too. In one of the smarter design decision in my opinion, EA took each city/name combination and asked Nike to create various uniforms for each combination. That means each uniform will be professionally done, so I won’t ever have to play a team that uses “grass green” as a main color choice.

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 08:25 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/8229091/image8-_2_.jpg

I LIKE the new trade screen as it shows information on the salary cap hit.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/8229089/image9-_2_.jpg

countryboy
05-20-2013, 08:29 PM
I assume that if a current city's team leaves another franchise could move to that city?

i.e. user #1 in online franchise decides to take their Rams back to L.A. and then the Buffalo owner can then move to St. Louis.

Good question.

Also I wonder if the CPU will relocate teams????

SmoothPancakes
05-20-2013, 09:14 PM
:D :D :D

All new Owner mode. That shit was only in fucking last-gen Madden. Took them fucking long enough.

WolverineJay
05-20-2013, 09:16 PM
That TSO article jaymo mentions that position changes are in Madden 25 and that they happen in the off-season because of the in-season goals that are still position specific.

jaymo76
05-20-2013, 09:25 PM
That TSO article jaymo mentions that position changes are in Madden 25 and that they happen in the off-season because of the in-season goals that are still position specific.

Yup... I was really happy to see that. I'm okay if it's only offseason

Daywalker86
05-21-2013, 12:36 PM
XBOX reveal confirms Madden 25 will be on Xbox ONE.

Now the question is...do you wait?

CLW
05-21-2013, 12:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKzoVRWCYAAIhkR.jpg:large

Screen shot via Pasta Padre from XBox1 video

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/773016290.jpg?1369159196

Another XboxReveal screenshot of Madden 25.

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKzteaqCEAAwTtJ.jpg:large

Daywalker86
05-21-2013, 01:19 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/773016290.jpg?1369159196

Another XboxReveal screenshot of Madden 25.

I hope this isn't the same story as the trailer at the beginning of this current generation. Would they do that again???? haha.

Deuce
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
I wasn't all that impressed. It looked nice but it was only a trailer. I'm still excited to see gameplay but until then just meh.

Wonder why they aren't releasing all the info about the next gen version? I'm guessing not all modes are making the leap?

Typed by thumbs.

CLW
05-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I wasn't all that impressed. It looked nice but it was only a trailer. I'm still excited to see gameplay but until then just meh.

Wonder why they aren't releasing all the info about the next gen version? I'm guessing not all modes are making the leap?

Typed by thumbs.

Well that's what they did last time. I won't buy (on PS4) if that's the case again. You would hope EA isn't dumb enough to do it again but they are the 2-time defending Worst Company in America.

Deuce
05-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Well that's what they did last time. I won't buy (on PS4) if that's the case again. You would hope EA isn't dumb enough to do it again but they are the 2-time defending Worst Company in America.

You gotta think they learned their lesson. I sure hope so b/c if it is has everything the old gen version has ill be getting the PS4 and Madden at launch.

Typed by thumbs.

CLW
05-21-2013, 02:09 PM
You gotta think they learned their lesson. I sure hope so b/c if it is has everything the old gen version has ill be getting the PS4 and Madden at launch.

Typed by thumbs.

Yeah if its full blown Madden25 on PS4 (with better graphics than PS3) I'll probably get it and have to re-consider NCAA 14. I just really don't want to have two consoles plugged up at the same time on my desk. Maybe I can convince the wife to allow one into the actual living room on the big screen? :nod:

gschwendt
05-21-2013, 02:44 PM
I hope this isn't the same story as the trailer at the beginning of this current generation. Would they do that again???? haha.
Almost guaranteed to be a similar tactic... who knows, it may eventually look similar but certainly not with Madden 25.

Typed by thumbs.
My bet is that none of the games are ready... considering release is probably 6 months away, that'd be the equivalent of NCAA 14 putting out footage in January.

I honestly believe EA learned their lesson and you'll see a similar route that Sony took with MLB: The Show and 2K took with their basketball titles... port over the old game and then spruce it up.

Deuce
05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
My bet is that none of the games are ready... considering release is probably 6 months away, that'd be the equivalent of NCAA 14 putting out footage in January.

Good point. As long as we know most everything about next gen madden by the time the old gen version comes out ill be happy.

Typed by thumbs.

Rudy
05-21-2013, 08:23 PM
No chance people wait for Madden next gen this year. November is too late IMO. The PS3/360 will dominate for at least one more year.

Deuce
05-21-2013, 08:27 PM
No chance people wait for Madden next gen this year. November is too late IMO. The PS3/360 will dominate for at least one more year.

I think you're probably right but I'm the exception. That much time between releases is perfect for me b/c ill spend all that time with NCAA. I haven't bought Madden in several years but if the gameplay and features are solid ill be getting it this year on the PS4.

Typed by thumbs.

CLW
05-21-2013, 08:28 PM
The CGI vid was a little off putting to be honest. They did the same thing last gen and we NEVER got anything CLOSE to the initial vid on either PS3 or 360.

jaymo76
05-21-2013, 08:28 PM

I wasn't all that hyped by the xbox 1 presentation for EA sports but I am plenty hyped for Madden and the "new" owner mode. I will be buying for PS3 but honesty don't have any plans at this time of buying a PS4. I am still annoyed with the crappy products of NCAA and Madden when they jumped to next gen. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice...

Deuce
05-21-2013, 08:30 PM
The CGI vid was a little off putting to be honest. They did the same thing last gen and we NEVER got anything CLOSE to the initial vid on either PS3 or 360.

:+1:

Typed by thumbs.

Rudy
05-21-2013, 08:42 PM
I wasn't all that hyped by the xbox 1 presentation for EA sports but I am plenty hyped for Madden and the "new" owner mode. I will be buying for PS3 but honesty don't have any plans at this time of buying a PS4. I am still annoyed with the crappy products of NCAA and Madden when they jumped to next gen. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice...

Exactly! I will wait until those games are good AND the price is right on a new console (no more than $299).

Personally the graphics for sports games matter the least on next gen. We use a zoomed out camera for most of the game. The main benefit will be in replays. I think the action games like Uncharted will benefit more. Either way I don't think the graphics upgrade will be as big as people are expecting.

jaymo76
05-21-2013, 09:39 PM
http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/21/connected-franchise-relocating-your-franchise/

Great article from mymaddenpad on how relocation works.

WolverineJay
05-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Great article from mymaddenpad on how relocation works.

Yeah, he went pretty in-depth in how a team moves to a new city in Madden 25. I also got the answer to my question about moving a team back to a vacated NFL city like Cincinnati or Oakland. The answer was NO (bummer seeing as last gen we could do that in Owner mode) only able to relocate to the 17 pre-determined cities.

***Also, got another bad answer for me about editing player ratings within Franchise mode. No ratings edits allowed once you start a CF. Oh well lets hope that they won't be needed like in the past to create a more balanced pass rush and prevent the Michael Jordan leaping LB's.

***Edit- The interview with Looman on http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?130591-VSN-Discusses-Madden-25-Connected-Franchise-with-EA%92s-Josh-Looman

WolverineJay
05-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Personally the graphics for sports games matter the least on next gen. We use a zoomed out camera for most of the game. The main benefit will be in replays. I think the action games like Uncharted will benefit more. Either way I don't think the graphics upgrade will be as big as people are expecting.

I agree the graphics for sports games can get slightly better on next gen. I think the true power of the PS4 will be the extra memory that will allow for some awesome depth in gameplay, CPU AI, Franchise, playbook creation, and presentation.

Rudy
05-22-2013, 04:34 AM
***Edit- The interview with Looman on http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?130591-VSN-Discusses-Madden-25-Connected-Franchise-with-EA%92s-Josh-Looman

That was a good read. Confirmed no in-game saves. I'm glad we can change positions in the offseason and that free agency tuning is supposed to be better. The $ amount in contracts was off last year and made it too easy to sign decent players and stay under the cap. I want the game to make it hard on me to stay under the cap. I wish you could change your coach scheme in the offseason. Instead it's frozen for life. Many head coaches hire a new co-ordinator and change playbooks. It should be an option for us.

countryboy
05-22-2013, 07:19 PM

I know I won't be. With the ability to import draft classes from NCAA and the addition of owner mode, this will be the first year in ages where I own both NCAA and Madden.

jaymo76
05-22-2013, 08:18 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/madden-25-will-let-you-move-to-17-different-cities-revive-histo/

Good article by joystiq with a video showing a bunch of requested features.

Rudy
05-23-2013, 05:31 AM
Good set of pics taken from a trailer about Connected franchise: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/632106-madden-nfl-25-screen-grabs-new-playbook-3-connected-franchise-trailer.html

Jayrah
05-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Anybody see this Xbox One EASports Official trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JxE5MaKuCEc

Rudy
05-23-2013, 06:20 PM
I wasn't that impressed by that trailer. Until I see real gameplay videos from real and playable camera angles I won't worry much about it. I don't plan on buying a next gen console right away.

Rudy
05-23-2013, 06:26 PM
EA's new blog confirms a lot of details from last week although not a lot new in there other than mentioning some of the new personalities in the game.
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-25-connected-franchise

Shopmaster posted another video of Connected Franchise but what I found interesting was at 27 seconds where you can edit QB Throwing Styles. I don't remember that being in before. Did they mocap or build animations for all the QBs in the league? That would be cool (and embarrassing if I never noticed it last year). At 55 seconds there is one play of real gameplay.
http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/23/another-connected-franchise-video/

jaymo76
05-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Anybody see this Xbox One EASports Official trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JxE5MaKuCEc

Yeah. It was confirmed that it's only a CGI and not actually from the game.

jaymo76
05-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Well this info sucks! It was confirmed by Mr. Looman that you CANNOT play any game on the schedule/watch cpu vs cpu. I know not everyone likes this but for me this is huge. I love to play multiple games in a week :(

kabbey520
05-23-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm not too happy about not being able to edit player attributes not being in again.

ram29jackson
05-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Well this info sucks! It was confirmed by Mr. Looman that you CANNOT play any game on the schedule/watch cpu vs cpu. I know not everyone likes this but for me this is huge. I love to play multiple games in a week :(

not without 32 team control anyway

Rudy
05-24-2013, 04:24 AM
I'm not too happy about not being able to edit player attributes not being in again.

I don't get why we can't do this either. Apparently it has been creating a lot of bugs (have no idea why) when they allow it so they just don't let you do it. I do remember reading an article where an EA tester said there are very few bug testers and not enough time to catch all the bugs when they ship. So I guess EA just has to limit some things and pray they work.

Jayrah
05-24-2013, 05:47 AM
Yeah. It was confirmed that it's only a CGI and not actually from the game.
I love ambiance in my games. This gives terrific ambiance and is a good start to my excitement for whenever the game does come out.

Rudy
05-24-2013, 07:59 PM
The average starters rated at 80 had very low demands last year - way too low. A player rated 80 at almost any position could be signed at less than $2 million a year and often as little as $1.5M a year. Because of this and the fact the cpu often ignored these guys I could drop almost all the guys on my roster under 75 and pick up these guys for cheap. I never had any depth issues or weak spots on my squad despite the fact that even Superbowl teams have a couple weak spots in real life.

To prove my point I took the Madden 13 default rosters and merged them with their 2012 salary cap figures provided by FOX. I eliminated anyone with less than 5 years experience in order to get salaries that usually are a result of free agency or re-negotiation; second contracts give the true market value. Some players may still be on their first contract at 5 years and I did have to kick out any guys that shared the same name like Chris Clemons just because my database merged did not work well. I just wanted a quick analysis (this didn't eliminate many). While my database wasn't perfect the results clearly show that at virtually every position a player rated 80 in Madden should be getting a salary of at least $3 million. The only real exceptions are kicker, punter, FB and C. I really hope EA tunes Madden so free agents cash in more in free agency and make managing the cap much harder than it was.

Check out my graphs here: http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/library/Madden Overall and 2012 NFL Salary?sort=3&page=1 ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/library/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary?sort= 3&page=1')

WR 80 = $3.5 million

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesWR.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesWR.jpg.html')

TE 80 = $3.5 M
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesTE.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesTE.jpg.html')

RB 80 = $2.5 M
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesRB.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesRB.jpg.html')

QB 80 = $5+M
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesQB.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesQB.jpg.html')

P 80 = $1.5 M (on a personal note I would shoot my GM if he paid a punter $3M plus)
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesP.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesP.jpg.html')

OLB 80 = $3M or more

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOLB.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOLB.jpg.html')

RT 80 = just under $3 M

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOL-RT.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOL-RT.jpg.html')

LT 80 (no LTs under 80 but one is cheap at 87 overall. All other players over $3M.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOL-LT.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOL-LT.jpg.html')

G - 80 = $3M
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOL-G.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOL-G.jpg.html')

C - 80 = $2.25M
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOL-C.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesOL-C.jpg.html')

MLB 80 = $3.5M or more
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesMLB.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesMLB.jpg.html')

K 80 = $1.5M (many kickers rated higher than 80 and get paid $2M or more)
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesK.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesK.jpg.html')

FB 80 = $1.5 M (cheap position)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesFB.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesFB.jpg.html')

DT (includes NT) 80 = $3M

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDT.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDT.jpg.html')

DE 80 = $2.5 to $3M but it escalates fast

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDE.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDE.jpg.html')
SS - 80 = $3M

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDB-SS.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDB-SS.jpg.html')
FS - 80 = almost $4M (premium position)
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDB-FS.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDB-FS.jpg.html')

CB - 80 = $3M or more

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDB-CB.jpg ('http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden%20Overall%20and%202012%20NFL%20Salary/maddensalariesDB-CB.jpg.html')

jaymo76
05-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Wow Rudy! That's a lot of interesting information. Salaries and contracts in Madden are definitely out of whack as compared to the real NFL. Let's hope there was serious tuning in Madden 25 to make singing far more challenging.

Rudy
05-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Wow Rudy! That's a lot of interesting information. Salaries and contracts in Madden are definitely out of whack as compared to the real NFL. Let's hope there was serious tuning in Madden 25 to make singing far more challenging.

I tweeted that info at Josh Looman and he simply stated the salaries are set based on everyone's salary at the beginning of the year. It was a generic comment that I didn't really know what to think about. I could see the problem if they were including the rookie contracts in their analysis. Their is a HUGE difference between a rookie contract and the second contract you get when you can shop yourself to the highest bidder on an open market. The salaries for those mid tier players in Madden are far too low without question and yet I don't know if EA wants to change that and make cap management more difficult. I hope it's tougher this year.

WolverineJay
05-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Rudy, I agree with jaymo that was an in-depth look at salaries and OVR rating. I always appreciate it when someone takes the time to do thorough research for the community. I think free agent salaries have always been too low on Madden so I expect much of the same with Madden 25. The dumbing down so the casuals don't feel overwhelmed approach by EA Tiburon is to blame I feel. If the game was made for the hardcore sim style player with options thrown in to make it easier on casuals or people with limited time then I would think many things like free agency salaries would be fixed. 32 team control will help in Madden 25, but it isn't the cure all.

jaymo76
05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Rudy, I agree with jaymo that was an in-depth look at salaries and OVR rating. I always appreciate it when someone takes the time to do thorough research for the community. I think free agent salaries have always been too low on Madden so I expect much of the same with Madden 25. The dumbing down so the casuals don't feel overwhelmed approach by EA Tiburon is to blame I feel. If the game was made for the hardcore sim style player with options thrown in to make it easier on casuals or people with limited time then I would think many things like free agency salaries would be fixed. 32 team control will help in Madden 25, but it isn't the cure all.

In addition to free agent salaries, the ovr in the FA pool is always too high. I should not be able to add FA throughout the season that have higher ovr than my own players.

jaymo76
05-25-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm still shaking my head that you cannot change playbooks in practice... why??? These are the little things about Madden that drive me insane!

Rudy
05-26-2013, 05:33 AM
In addition to free agent salaries, the ovr in the FA pool is always too high. I should not be able to add FA throughout the season that have higher ovr than my own players.

Totally agree. The free agent pool should be filled with guys in the 50s and low 60s. Seeing a guy in the 70s should be rare. And thanks Jaymo and Wolverine for the comments on the graphs. I hope EA fixes some of this stuff.

Rudy
05-27-2013, 03:54 PM
I hope EA adds NCAA's no-huddle offense. Madden's audible system and formation subs are really behind NCAA's.

jaymo76
05-27-2013, 08:46 PM
I hope EA adds NCAA's no-huddle offense. Madden's audible system and formation subs are really behind NCAA's.

Agreed. The Madden formation subs are awful. Plus remember last year formation subs in Madden would not save??? That better be fixed.

Rudy
05-28-2013, 04:24 AM
I don't think much was fixed at all Jaymo. I don't have a great feeling right now because it seems Madden put a ton of resources into Owner mode and that's something I don't care about. I know others love it but it's disheartening to see a lot of things you want personally ignored for something you don't care about.

Shopmaster has a Q & A on CFM on his site: mymaddenpad.com/madden-nfl-25-connected-franchise-faqs/

He answered my questions on some of this stuff - no formation subs menu, not sure about new sliders (I'm guessing no change then), and you can't change your default playbook after you start franchise (have to change playbook at the game start screen like last year). No assisted tackles, just solo ones. Trade logic is better at the draft and with the regression system you won't be able to scam the cpu in trades. No training camp or holdouts.

Shopmaster posted a blog on the read-option in Madden as well. Same as NCAA. http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/24/running-the-readoption-in-madden-nfl-25/

champ195797
05-28-2013, 10:55 AM
I really want to see the eagles playbook

jaymo76
05-28-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't think much was fixed at all Jaymo. I don't have a great feeling right now because it seems Madden put a ton of resources into Owner mode and that's something I don't care about. I know others love it but it's disheartening to see a lot of things you want personally ignored for something you don't care about.

Shopmaster has a Q & A on CFM on his site: mymaddenpad.com/madden-nfl-25-connected-franchise-faqs/

He answered my questions on some of this stuff - no formation subs menu, not sure about new sliders (I'm guessing no change then), and you can't change your default playbook after you start franchise (have to change playbook at the game start screen like last year). No assisted tackles, just solo ones. Trade logic is better at the draft and with the regression system you won't be able to scam the cpu in trades. No training camp or holdouts.

Shopmaster posted a blog on the read-option in Madden as well. Same as NCAA. http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/24/running-the-readoption-in-madden-nfl-25/

Absolutely mind boggling!!! The playbook issue was a huge issue last year and it was not addressed... again. :fp:

Rudy
05-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Absolutely mind boggling!!! The playbook issue was a huge issue last year and it was not addressed... again. :fp:

I don't get it either. It's little stuff like this that bug me. I'm getting more worried that they spent all their time implementing Owner mode (a mode I won't use) and not cleaning up some other things.

skipwondah33
05-29-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't get it either. It's little stuff like this that bug me. I'm getting more worried that they spent all their time implementing Owner mode (a mode I won't use) and not cleaning up some other things.I feel that way every version.

Gameplay additions, corrections, fixes, etc...are most important to me.

CCM, Owners mode, selling jersey's, changing attributes, editing players, etc I could care less about...but yet they are always a priority it seems I guess to draw people in or the ones that complain.

The ability to see what personnel is on the field instead of the formation listing is important to me.

Refined physics, O-line/D-line interaction, an actual pass rush, enhanced playbooks (Off + Def), run blocking...

Things that actually effect the game once I'm in the game...no matter the mode I am in.

All this other stuff was really cool back when I wasn't playing online and played the CPU.

Now I only will start a Franchise if I'm bored and just to mess around and don't have a league game or any of my friends to play, never taking it serious and never getting more than 3 games into it.

jaymo76
05-29-2013, 07:01 PM
I feel that way every version.

The ability to see what personnel is on the field instead of the formation listing is important to me.

Refined physics, O-line/D-line interaction, an actual pass rush, enhanced playbooks (Off + Def), run blocking...

Yup, these issues are of huge importance. However, I must admit that since I only play the cpu, owner mode is something I will play and enjoy. I am happy for owner mode but for next gen the cpu AI, physics and lineplay must drastically improve.

Rudy
05-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I think physics will be the easiest to improve. Line play will be easier to fix with a new engine so they can break out of the stuff they are using and are tied to. But cpu AI will still be crap. There is no excuse it couldn't be better right now imo. I see no reason to believe it will be better. I expect it to get worse possibly on their first game.

Rudy
06-01-2013, 04:36 AM
Presentation podcast with details on OS: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/634714-madden-nfl-25-presentation-details.html

No injured reserve this year? What the heck? The zoom camera got tweaked but nothing else. I guess that means no player lock for Madden fans. Better replays! (although they couldn't have been worse after last year's singular crappy triple-spline option). More facial scans and specific stadium stuff. Facial scans is nice but I hope they bring back some of the signature animations that seemed to disappear. It's the on the field stuff that needs more personality. There will be a sideline reporter.

countryboy
06-01-2013, 06:37 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this after being let down the past few years, but I am getting "hyped" by what I am reading thus far. Sure there are a few things I do not like(no injured reserve) but there is plenty about Madden 25 that I am liking (import draft class, owner mode, and now new banners/tickers during games).

Madden 25 have to offer up a lot of things just to get me to even take a second look. And so far, it has done just that.

I OU a Beatn
06-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I just hope they actually correct the pass rush and pass defense. The past 2 years were so close to being good but when every game comes down to who has the ball last because it's near impossible to play defense, it's not too much fun.

Rudy
06-01-2013, 03:06 PM
I just hope they actually correct the pass rush and pass defense. The past 2 years were so close to being good but when every game comes down to who has the ball last because it's near impossible to play defense, it's not too much fun.

The pass coverage slider was completely broken last year. I know you mainly play online so it's not a big deal to you but it was bad offline. Especially since DBs telegraphed their coverages pre-snap and played super stupid on 3rd downs.

IR is still in the game I guess. Just some miscommunication on a podcast.

jaymo76
06-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I noticed today that Virtual Sports (a website I have never heard of until today...) was linked to OS. A few interesting details came out.

1. There will be an as yet unnamed sideline reporter
2. Adam Schefter will be commenting during the draft (if you don't import classes!!!)
3. When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player

countryboy
06-01-2013, 07:06 PM
I noticed today that Virtual Sports (a website I have never heard of until today...) was linked to OS. A few interesting details came out.

1. There will be an as yet unnamed sideline reporter
2. Adam Schefter will be commenting during the draft (if you don't import classes!!!)
3. When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player

Too bad they can't have some commentary during the draft if you import draft classes. I understand they can't do the player storylines, but no reason why they couldn't have commentary as to team needs or potential draft position movements.

jaymo76
06-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Too bad they can't have some commentary during the draft if you import draft classes. I understand they can't do the player storylines, but no reason why they couldn't have commentary as to team needs or potential draft position movements.

I agree. I am really perplexed because I love importing players and watching their careers but frankly the BEST aspect of Madden 13 was the draft and I don't want to lose the immersion. I may make two dynasties (one play and one sim) just to get the best of both worlds.

Rudy
06-01-2013, 08:48 PM
The draft was a lot of fun last year. I think they removed draft report cards last year though. Weren't they in 12? Why not have a guy like Mort hand out draft grades to all teams along with a great and bad pick.

jaymo76
06-01-2013, 09:14 PM
The draft was a lot of fun last year. I think they removed draft report cards last year though. Weren't they in 12? Why not have a guy like Mort hand out draft grades to all teams along with a great and bad pick.

13 didn't have draft grades? I honestly can't remember. Speaking of which I have been meaning to fire it up and finish one more season but I hurt my back a few weeks ago and cannot sit on the couch. Have you played madden since February?

Rudy
06-02-2013, 05:33 AM
I traded Madden in almost 2 months ago. Future Shop had one of those trade 2 get $60 credit deals and I pulled the trigger then figuring I would be playing a lot of video baseball but I haven't. That's OK though. I was at the point where I had to house rule myself from hot routes just to get a challenge out of the cpu. The sliders were horribly broken and the game way too easy. I really hope the sliders, game difficulty and cpu intelligence got a major boost this year. Unfortunately the game changers for Madden don't care much about sliders and couldn't even say if they added user and cpu special teams sliders.

Rudy
06-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Insight on the new "engine" that powers the updated franchise mode starting in M13 last year: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-nfl-25-connected-franchise. It's called "FranTK".

I am getting SO tired of EA naming every little thing they do so they can market it. "FranTK"? My gosh. Do they name their trips to the bathroom too? "DumpTK"?

jaymo76
06-05-2013, 11:38 PM
I missed this little bit of info from mymaddenpad.

Are there any changes planned to hot/cold streaks?

The system is pretty simple…if you don’t meet any goals for the week you remain on the cold streak. If you make 2 of 3 the following week, you are on a hot streak and if you just make 1 you stay neutral.

I wasn't really sure how this was determined until I read this.

Jayrah
06-06-2013, 04:54 AM
Insight on the new "engine" that powers the updated franchise mode starting in M13 last year: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-nfl-25-connected-franchise. It's called "FranTK".

I am getting SO tired of EA naming every little thing they do so they can market it. "FranTK"? My gosh. Do they name their trips to the bathroom too? "DumpTK"?Anyone else automatically think Fran Tarkenton?

countryboy
06-06-2013, 06:09 AM
I cannot wait until E3 to see some gameplay videos.

skipwondah33
06-06-2013, 11:09 AM
I missed this little bit of info from mymaddenpad.

I wasn't really sure how this was determined until I read this.That was news to me as well. I'm in an Onlne franchise mostly for reps and never knew how they were determined.

GatorfanStovy
06-06-2013, 11:48 PM
every one will be disappointed in Madden I'm sure.People will have something to complain about it won't be perfect.

Rudy
06-07-2013, 04:37 AM
People will have something to complain about it won't be perfect.

With how poorly football started out on next gen nobody has that high of expectations anymore. I don't think anyone with half a brain will expect a perfect Madden 25. People do expect to see improvement in some critical areas. Whether they can deliver that in the area of cpu AI is my big concern.

Rudy
06-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Madden looks significantly better than NCAA IMO on the PS3. Been pretty obvious the last few years.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/attachments/madden-nfl-football/60696d1370644677-2-more-madden-nfl-25-screenshots-williswilson.jpg

Rudy
06-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Madden 25 features: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-25-xbox-one-ps-4

Nothing earth shattering other than more and better things.

CLW
06-10-2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqkUBnY_8C8

LeeSO
06-10-2013, 11:38 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1393280685/twitter_door.jpg
This is the new sideline reporter. Danielle Bellini

bdoughty
06-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Well they obviously saved a few bucks picking up someone that nobody has heard of.

I did find this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLzBI0_Hig

Rudy
06-11-2013, 05:14 AM
That chick is cute. I don't care if they saved a few bucks as the sideline reporter is not very important to me.

That E3 clip did show some nice OL/DL interactions. I still feel all of that should be possible on current gen, especially since 2K4 had good line play on my PS2.

gschwendt
06-11-2013, 04:27 PM

Rudy
06-11-2013, 04:29 PM
That sucks if true although reading impressions is still good. I had read that people would have some ability to record current gen stuff. We'll find out tonight.

Rudy
06-11-2013, 04:37 PM
From Pastapadre's twitter account on current gen: "One full game of Madden in and I really like the feel of it. A bit slowed down, physics cleaned up, running game really satisfying. Saw good things in oline blocking, dbs playing and picking off ball naturally, pocket collapsing, zone-read fun. Good signs at this point"

CLW
06-11-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tabmmNUBVK4

CLW
06-11-2013, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfvVolhtQ7U

CLW
06-11-2013, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IgZXluygjg

Rudy
06-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Ign shows a demo feed of next gen. Pastapadre was let down a bit and I can see why since the IE looks and feels very similar. Player movement is said to be better. It's clear to me though that the OL/DL interactions are the big upgrade. You can see the biggest improvement there.

On those Pasta vids I noticed the replays are a lot better. More like M12 when I saw one. Late in the first video they just hi lighted the WR the entire way.

Deuce
06-11-2013, 08:46 PM
I didn't think videos were allowed? Wonder how Pastapadre pulled that off...

Typed by thumbs.

Rudy
06-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Pasta cored that stuff right at the beginning before they enforced ban.

WolverineJay
06-11-2013, 09:05 PM
The first thing that stands out to me is the slow acceleration compared to past Madden's. I mean it takes almost 3 seconds to run the first 15 yards of the kickoff back. I know it was way quicker before more like 1.5 to 2 seconds for the 1st 15 yards of a return in Madden 12. I don't know if this was because the player was not using the acceleration burst or not (probably not). I remember gschwendt talking about acceleration in NCAA 14 and that the real speedy HB's felt explosive compared to average backs so I guess this is that (and I like it).

Rudy
06-11-2013, 09:11 PM
I like that too. Game speed also affects that feel.

WolverineJay
06-11-2013, 09:16 PM
My only problem with changing the game speed from normal to slow is that the animations particularly the break tackle (Trucking and Stiff Arm) animations slow down too much and make it darn near impossible to get yards after a successful break tackle animation plays out. The player movement is much smoother on slow though so it is a toss up and I think that is why I leave it on normal since I use trucking and stiff arm moves a bunch when I run.

GatorfanStovy
06-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Madden does look pretty sweet. Still unsure what system I wanna get it for.

GatorfanStovy
06-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Why are they showing the same running plays and no passing ugh . Oh well. But I have to say it does look sweet. I will be waiting until November for Madden 25 when the ps4 comes out. And stick to playing NCAA 14 until then ..

ram29jackson
06-11-2013, 11:49 PM
nevermind

bdoughty
06-12-2013, 12:02 AM
nevermind

http://i.imgur.com/0BF3ETP.jpg

Rudy
06-12-2013, 03:55 AM
Why are they showing the same running plays and no passing ugh . Oh well. But I have to say it does look sweet. I will be waiting until November for Madden 25 when the ps4 comes out. And stick to playing NCAA 14 until then ..

It was just a very limited demo. No crowd or sidelines, no passing. Just running plays with AP. The IE looks a lot like current gen on tackles.

This could be a bad sign but remember it's very early for next gen Madden compared to release. They have 3 more months yet after current gen releases. They talk a lot about how intelligence should be better on the next gen system and they confirmed all the features will be there. But I want to see how the cpu AI is. Huge question mark.

I do think those current gen videos look good.

Rudy
06-12-2013, 04:16 AM
Ravens vs. Lions via Shopmaster at MyMaddenPad. It's cpu vs. cpu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxs9RpMo4r0&feature=youtu.be&a

Halftime (a bit disappointing to me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw4zo0zyIF0

Shopmaster has an E3 Q&A started on Mymaddenpad.com. Says no changes to FG kicking which just boggles my mind. I guess I'll be hitting 100% of my kicks again. So stupid.
http://mymaddenpad.com/madden-nfl-25-qa-e3/

Rudy
06-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Coach on twitter has some Madden videos coming.
First one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odyYda5BEz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9JjAEYtZSE

For me, Madden looks significantly better than NCAA. Player details, graphics, animations, player momentum (heavier). The entire production value is just more my style.

Rudy
06-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Quick look at formation audibles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS6FAV2XmCs

skipwondah33
06-12-2013, 02:27 PM
As I see more or information/tweets, it appears Madden is really being pushed for the PS4 version moreso than the PS3 version.

Hell even going to the Madden page, I'm getting two options PS4 or XboxOne

Looking like I'll just hold off on getting Madden until PS4 version releases.

SCClassof93
06-12-2013, 02:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0BF3ETP.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/sherifaerie/Sheris%20Photos/2q0kry9.gif

Rudy
06-12-2013, 02:46 PM
I didn't notice this but great post identifying disguised cushions for DBs. Something sorely needed in M13. Very nice! Also I took advantage of Future Shop's E3 deal and ordered 5 games and got $20 off each of them. Many are Wii games not shipping until last this year or next but a great deal. I put Madden on that list for $40. Figure I'll have to wait about two days for the game but that's worth $20.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMkirybCMAAYths.jpg

Confirmed plus more info: http://www.maddentips.com/madden-25-e3-top-5-community-feedback/

NExt gen: http://vividgamer.com/2013/06/12/hands-on-preview-madden-25-on-xbox-one/

GatorfanStovy
06-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Really. On the second link. The guy talks only using running plays. How does that even work half the time.

Rudy
06-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Really. On the second link. The guy talks only using running plays. How does that even work half the time.

Next gen didn't have a full demo. Just a practice mode with only running plays. The game doesn't release until November so it's not ready.

jaymo76
06-12-2013, 09:49 PM
I didn't notice this but great post identifying disguised cushions for DBs. Something sorely needed in M13. Very nice! Also I took advantage of Future Shop's E3 deal and ordered 5 games and got $20 off each of them. Many are Wii games not shipping until last this year or next but a great deal. I put Madden on that list for $40. Figure I'll have to wait about two days for the game but that's worth $20.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMkirybCMAAYths.jpg

Confirmed plus more info: http://www.maddentips.com/madden-25-e3-top-5-community-feedback/

NExt gen: http://vividgamer.com/2013/06/12/hands-on-preview-madden-25-on-xbox-one/

Nice picup Rudy. That disguise cushion is a great addition. I will also need to check out future shop. I suspect they are the same as bestbuy.ca since they're the same company. Based on that $399 price tag a part of me is very tempted to reserve a ps4.

jaymo76
06-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Ravens vs. Lions via Shopmaster at MyMaddenPad. It's cpu vs. cpu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxs9RpMo4r0&feature=youtu.be&a

Halftime (a bit disappointing to me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw4zo0zyIF0

Shopmaster has an E3 Q&A started on Mymaddenpad.com. Says no changes to FG kicking which just boggles my mind. I guess I'll be hitting 100% of my kicks again. So stupid.
http://mymaddenpad.com/madden-nfl-25-qa-e3/

Please, please, please add back and enhance the EXTRA POINT. Why is Tiburon so afraid of real halftime/weekly wrap up shows???

GatorfanStovy
06-12-2013, 10:37 PM
What did you guys expect out of half time show this year , really? They won't fork over any extra time on the half time or post game. I just want the game out already. Madden is looking good. But Ncaa will be better I hope.

jaymo76
06-12-2013, 11:03 PM
What did you guys expect out of half time show this year , really? They won't fork over any extra time on the half time or post game. I just want the game out already. Madden is looking good. But Ncaa will be better I hope.

Then I guess we agree to disagree. Mediocrity in one facet of the game hurts the overall experience. The rights steps were taken with madden 10 and the Extra Point. Completely removing the feature in Madden 12 left a lot of people confused. The Madden series has taken a number of steps in the right direction but PRESENTATION still plagues the series. 05 for 2K and MADDEN were bench marks for presentation and we are closing in on ten years since then. Asking for better presentation should not be an out of the box request IMO.

GatorfanStovy
06-12-2013, 11:53 PM
So we don't even get to kick an extra point in Madden 25? Wtf ? I didn't see that in the video. I can understand the madness of that .That is the biggest . I guess the half time show or post game is not a big deal for. It is but not a top 5 issue. I'm weird one I guess.

jaymo76
06-13-2013, 12:13 AM
So we don't even get to kick an extra point in Madden 25? Wtf ? I didn't see that in the video. I can understand the madness of that .That is the biggest . I guess the half time show or post game is not a big deal for. It is but not a top 5 issue. I'm weird one I guess.

:) No, you can kick the extra point. Remember, the name of the halftime show and weekly wrap up show in madden 10 and 11 was the Extra Point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERoG-C-fVMc

Since I only play offline, I really appreciate the immersion for these types of features.

GatorfanStovy
06-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Oh yea it was ha my bad jaymo. I had forgotten. It's been a while since Madden 10.

Rudy
06-13-2013, 04:55 AM
New TD celebration: https://vine.co/v/bld0BVigFOb

Some info from Shop on GC radio: Ballhawk feature has to be timed now, you can't just hold the button as well. PS3 bump and whiff has been fixed for DBs which are smarter. I think the disguise coverage will be huge. Total control passing has been toned down. Can't lead them as far off the WR route as last year. Cpu more challenging and passes more, plays to their strengths, better time management.

From another guy on OS who was at E3 (sounds great if true):
"My biggest complaint was the computer AI playcalling and end of game clock management and aggressiveness with Madden 13. The build I played, AI was on point the entire game.. I was extremely impressed. Redskins were down 2 scores in the 4th qrt. and they were very aggressive attacking and going for end zone. There was a huge difference in AI overall from 13. Lets hope it doesn't get tuned for release day.

Gameplay wise, the game seemed a lot slower and more of a balanced feel running the ball.. I will probably speed the game up when I get a copy."

A second Q&A from some guy on OS from E3:
"Looks like penalties will be called this year. I was playing against some dude and he hit me once I was out of bounds and he got a flag thrown for unnecessary roughness.

The sim players will like the new fatigue system. Stamina has two levels. You have a stamina level per play that decreases the more moves you do. Overall fatigue bar will decrease as game on decreasing the stamina bar you have per play."

WolverineJay
06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Info sounds good from E3 seems like it should add a bit of realism to Madden this year. I didn't like the infinity engine in the demo last year so I passed (mostly due to the lack of editing, 32 team control, and AI issues to be honest). I noticed at the end of the Ravens vs Lions video the pass to TE Pitta that went for a nice gain had some wonky unrealistic tackling. Since I didn't play Madden 13 retail was that how the tackling was last year? I mean a big TE running into a smaller DB and no wrap up no real tackle attempt at all and Pitta collapses like it was a big hit(should've shrugged that wimpy contact off and kept running in my book).

Rudy
06-13-2013, 04:45 PM
IE is not perfect and it had issues early last year. I personally felt it was pretty darn good after the last patch. I expect it to be smooth this year. I think the demos will help a lot in this regard.

ryby6969
06-13-2013, 04:50 PM
IE is not perfect and it had issues early last year. I personally felt it was pretty darn good after the last patch. I expect it to be smooth this year. I think the demos will help a lot in this regard.

I agree Rudy. I think it added quite a bit to the game compared to NCAA.

WolverineJay
06-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks. I am in no way looking for anything EA Tiburon does to be perfect, lol. Just wanted to know if that type of weak contact leading to a hard tackle was common last year. I mean physics based contact should all but eliminate those instances from ever occurring but a rare head scratcher I can overlook. This force impact system just doesn't seem to be there in the E3 videos and I haven't seen any of the stumble recovery mechanism EA talked about in earlier playbooks. I think the run blocking has seen the most significant upgrade this year that is pretty obvious.

Rudy
06-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Just wanted to know if that type of weak contact leading to a hard tackle was common last year. I mean physics based contact should all but eliminate those instances from ever occurring but a rare head scratcher I can overlook.

It wasn't common but it did happen from time to time. The vast majority of time I felt it was done well.

Pistol Read Option in Madden via @Maddenbible. Should have given it to the FB lol.

WolverineJay
06-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah I just want as realistic a game as possible (like wrong read in the zone read leading to the play being blown up, lol).

GatorfanStovy
06-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Ouch the pistol made it in ugh .

Rudy
06-13-2013, 07:38 PM
I know the next gen OL/DL blocking got some nice work but so did current gen. In that read option play look at the OL move and pull and look how after they make contact there is still movement. It's a lot more realistic and a lot less like old-school Tecmo stationary wrestling. Am I wrong?

WolverineJay
06-14-2013, 01:11 AM
No Rudy you're not wrong at all. The locomotion along the line looks much better reminds me of NCAA 06 :up:. Last gen's games had the OL drive blocking the defense down the field and if the DL was superior then they got a great push and penetrated deep into the backfield. The pass blocking/pass rush looks better too but no where near the level that run blocking has improved. The Tecmo Bowl reference is hilarious, but for a 25+ year old game it is still fun to play (Love coach mode Tecmo Super Bowl on my phone).

ram29jackson
06-14-2013, 05:05 AM
J/K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvzh1u0bUlQ

Canes Fan
06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
The player that recovered got a safety. Praise Flacco

Rudy
06-15-2013, 07:44 PM
The Madden default camera has changed a lot! (I'm going to post this in the NCAA thread too). I didn't realize how different it was. You can see the outside WRs easily now. It's more of a cross between default and co-ordinator now but lower. Madden 13 default cam is very similar to NCAA 14 default. Check these images out.

Madden 13 default Cam
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden/madden13defaultatsnap.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden/madden13defaultatsnap.jpg.html)

Madden 25 Default cam
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden/Madden25defaultcamatthesnap2.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden/Madden25defaultcamatthesnap2.jpg.html)

NCAA 14 default cam
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden/ncaa14Normalcamatsnap.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden/ncaa14Normalcamatsnap.jpg.html)

NCAA 14 Co-ordinator cam
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden/coordinatorNCAA14atsnap.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden/coordinatorNCAA14atsnap.jpg.html)

jaymo76
06-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Nice pick-up Rudy! I'm glad that Madden camera will be out further.

jaymo76
06-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Uniforms courtesy of OS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nu1eC5p5wYY

jaymo76
06-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Uniforms courtesy of OS (OOPS... FORGOT TO REFERENCE THAT IT'S FROM COMPETEFOREVER.COM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nu1eC5p5wYY

Rudy
06-17-2013, 05:08 AM
The Simperspective has thrown up a lot of Madden E3 vids on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsftrq8q3U0Hj8mom38fKXg

GatorfanStovy
06-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Dang that user control team for 49ers was horrible to watch. But also Madden 25 looks so much like 13 it's sad.

Jayrah
06-18-2013, 03:59 AM
Dang that user control team for 49ers was horrible to watch. But also Madden 25 looks so much like 13 it's sad.Yep might bypass on Madden for the first time since I can remember this year. Save up my wiles for Madden 15 on Next Gen. Just not excited at all at this point.

Rudy
06-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Madden 25 Default cam
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden/Madden25defaultcamatthesnap2.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden/Madden25defaultcamatthesnap2.jpg.html)

NCAA 14 Co-ordinator cam
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden/coordinatorNCAA14atsnap.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/rudyjuly2/media/Madden/coordinatorNCAA14atsnap.jpg.html)

Upon further review I think the co-ordinator cam is too far away for the running game. I will give it more time but I think the Madden default cam may be the winner here (although it's a little flat). It zooms in a lot on the running game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IgZXluygjg&feature=player_detailpage#t=122s). Maybe the co-ordinator cam could be tweaked to zoom in a bit more. Oh well. I need more time with it anyways.