PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Motion Option Pass - Sometimes doesnt work, QB freezes

ram29jackson
07-24-2010, 03:36 AM
THE first 2 times I did it, it worked

the next 2 times he/the QB froze- I just kept doing it to see how the play worked and developed and it froze on me 2 or 3 times and than worked again...?

working:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeyS4cvW1vw&feature=channel

not working:mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOcufKAnb5U&feature=channel

cdj
07-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Can you post exactly what playbook, formation, and play name that is?

And it's the same play, just sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

ram29jackson
07-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Can you post exactly what playbook, formation, and play name that is?

And it's the same play, just sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

it is the same play.

dude, thats the name of the play in the title. I believe it was the Utah playbook. Since I did this late last night haha and i'm pretty sure i'm answering you correctly...i will also add that its a shotgun spread 4 receiver ,one running back...does that help? i'm Sorry if I dont comprehend your question right now....?

cdj
07-24-2010, 07:43 PM
That play (Shotgun - Spread Flex - Motion Option Pass) is very weird. I ran it in Practice Mode and the QB freezes every time, but sometimes for just a second (and the play will still work relatively fine) and other times he is frozen until nailed.

Nice find, ram29jackson.

HWill
07-24-2010, 10:53 PM
That play (Shotgun - Spread Flex - Motion Option Pass) is very weird. I ran it in Practice Mode and the QB freezes every time, but sometimes for just a second (and the play will still work relatively fine) and other times he is frozen until nailed.

Nice find, ram29jackson.

I just ran this a few times and I was able to break out of it by using the right stick (on xbox 360). The QB still freezes, but not as long and I was able to avoid getting sacked. Not sure if this works for everybody though.

I'm going to see what other schools run this play and see if I get the same results.

Edit: I ran it with just the offense, and no matter what I did, the QB stayed frozen. Interesting.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 11:04 PM
(Never mind about a fix, see EDIT) But yeah, that's a very, very bad bug.

I think I see the cause though. I'm holding down X as soon as the ball is snapped, and unlike every other Option play, I can't give to the FB. The Mesh isn't actually occurring.

Compare the animation that plays on Motion Option Pass to Motion WR Option (the linked play next to it) and you'll see a big difference. On Motion Option Pass, the Mesh animation doesn't run.

EDIT: Confirmed. Do Offense only and he'll never come out.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Lmfao. Someone with video capture ability run Offense Only Practice, (Utah Playbook) Shotgun - Spread Flex - Motion Option Pass. Record it, please.

HWill
07-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Lmfao. Someone with video capture ability run Offense Only Practice, (Utah Playbook) Shotgun - Spread Flex - Motion Option Pass. Record it, please.

Yeah, all that for nothing.:D:smh:

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah, all that for nothing.:D:smh:If you want some real amusement, put your controller down on something solid while it's happening. Every time he hits one of his linemen, it'll vibrate like crazy.

Escobar
07-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Is it only in the Utah playbook, because I use Oregon's playbook and did SG Spread-Flex: Motion WR Option Pass and it worked perfectly in a game against my friend.

HWill
07-24-2010, 11:19 PM
If you want some real amusement, put your controller down on something solid while it's happening. Every time he hits one of his linemen, it'll vibrate like crazy.

I put it on my bookshelf, It was incredibly loud. Maybe because my house is so quiet.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Is it only in the Utah playbook, because I use Oregon's playbook and did SG Spread-Flex: Motion WR Option Pass and it worked perfectly in a game against my friend.I'll test in a few. Good question.

I put it on my bookshelf, It was incredibly loud. Maybe because my house is so quiet.It always is loud for some reason. I mean, I knew the vibration motors were strong, but I never imagined that it would be that loud.

HWill
07-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Didn't work for me using Oregon.

ram29jackson
07-24-2010, 11:45 PM
i'LL just repeat that I did it in a play now exhibition game 6 or 7 times in a row and it worked the first 2 times didnt work the next 2 worked again and than didnt work.

heck, i'm surprised at all the interest I provoked haha, if you go into practice mode for an hour i'm sure find a few things pop up that are unusual.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 11:49 PM
heck, i'm surprised at all the interest I provoked haha, if you go into practice mode for an hour i'm sure find a few things pop up that are unusual.I can't speak for the others, but I'm a tester by trade. This is the kind of thing I love to do.

Is it only in the Utah playbook, because I use Oregon's playbook and did SG Spread-Flex: Motion WR Option Pass and it worked perfectly in a game against my friend.Definitely broken. Are you sure you did SG Spread Flex? There are some other Motion WR Option Pass plays in Oregon's book that appear to work (i.e. 4WR Trio). Also, it may have appeared it worked because of the defensive pressure or something along those lines.

Just looked into it in Instant Replay a little more, and the RB never touches the QB. So he doesn't get to the Mesh point, and the animation never triggers.

ram29jackson
07-24-2010, 11:56 PM
I can't speak for the others, but I'm a tester by trade. This is the kind of thing I love to do.

:) well,..than where is my check, buddy ?:P i'm kidding, just kidding:D

JeffHCross
07-25-2010, 12:12 AM
:) well,..than where is my check, buddy ?:P i'm kidding, just kidding:DNo, no, you pay me for doing the testing ;)

Escobar
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I can't speak for the others, but I'm a tester by trade. This is the kind of thing I love to do.

Definitely broken. Are you sure you did SG Spread Flex? There are some other Motion WR Option Pass plays in Oregon's book that appear to work (i.e. 4WR Trio). Also, it may have appeared it worked because of the defensive pressure or something along those lines.

Yea, because I use the SG Spread-Flex Motion WR Option play all the time. I just decided to call the pass play to see if I could get it to work. I'll try it again in my next game and post a highlight of it.

ram29jackson
07-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Yea, because I use the SG Spread-Flex Motion WR Option play all the time. I just decided to call the pass play to see if I could get it to work. I'll try it again in my next game and post a highlight of it.

what does it prove? I mean, the play does work. Just not every time ....?

JeffHCross
07-26-2010, 11:23 PM
There's no way it works. Not based on my testing. Unless somehow he's found a way to get the RB to change his rushing route.

ram29jackson
07-27-2010, 12:44 AM
There's no way it works. Not based on my testing. Unless somehow he's found a way to get the RB to change his rushing route.

I ment my original play.

ram29jackson
08-02-2010, 06:23 AM
Pistol-4 wide receiver trio- FSU scat - Florida state playbook

its basically a pass play from pistol formation but you cant put any of the receivers in motion before the play. Should that be considered an oversight ? is it because of that one route where the guy just kind of slowly moves to the side after the snap?

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 09:06 PM
is it because of that one route where the guy just kind of slowly moves to the side after the snap?This. Any play with automatic motion does not allow you to put any players in motion.

ram29jackson
08-04-2010, 04:15 AM
This. Any play with automatic motion does not allow you to put any players in motion.

But the route doesnt start till after the snap though. is it because the route is very slow?

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 07:39 AM
But the route doesnt start till after the snap though. is it because the route is very slow?

Any play that has a bubble screen in it also does not allow any type of motion.

Escobar
08-09-2010, 03:33 PM
SG Trips Over Motion WR Option play is broken also. I used it in the Miss. St. playbook.