PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Basketball 10 - Anyone still playing?

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm curious if anyone is still playing NCAA Basketball 10? I know the game didn't get great reviews and sales weren't great but I personally love the game. I find the fun factor and the amazing presentation along with a very rich dynasty mode has made this one of my top five favourite PS3 games. I haven't played it in awhile with Football 11 but this is definitely a game that will stay in my rotation into the distant future.

Will anyone be working on ROSTERS for the upcoming season?

JBHuskers
07-23-2010, 12:49 AM
I'll probably be playing once the season kicks in. Will be looking for updated rosters too.

NatureBoy
07-23-2010, 12:38 PM
I had it for a short time but traded it in. I'm more of a NBA fan than college basketball. Solid game though.

morsdraconis
07-27-2010, 12:12 PM
So I started messing around with NCAA Basketball 10 because I'm getting bored of football and stuff right now and I was playing a dynasty where I was going to start out with a crappy team and build my way up (ala 2k8) and I started with Wagner (one of the worst teams on the game). In the first game, about halfway through the first half, it stopped letting me sub people in and never would again. I tried everything but I couldn't get it to sub anyone in so I got fed up and quit the game because I was getting blown out because I couldn't get anyone in the game any rest.

Is this a common bug in the game? Any way around it? Pretty much gamebreaking for anyone that actually wants to play 20 minute halves with a shitty team...

CLW
07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
NCAA 10 was a solid title. Shame that we won't have a 2K or EA college hoops title for 11. However, I thought I read/saw somewhere that someone was putting out a college basketball game this year. Not sure if it is licensed or not.

jaymo76
07-27-2010, 05:00 PM
So I started messing around with NCAA Basketball 10 because I'm getting bored of football and stuff right now and I was playing a dynasty where I was going to start out with a crappy team and build my way up (ala 2k8) and I started with Wagner (one of the worst teams on the game). In the first game, about halfway through the first half, it stopped letting me sub people in and never would again. I tried everything but I couldn't get it to sub anyone in so I got fed up and quit the game because I was getting blown out because I couldn't get anyone in the game any rest.

Is this a common bug in the game? Any way around it? Pretty much gamebreaking for anyone that actually wants to play 20 minute halves with a shitty team...

Never heard of that. SO was quick subs and the start menu subs both out of commission??? That must be a glitch of some sort. Hopefully it
s only for that game.

morsdraconis
07-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Never heard of that. SO was quick subs and the start menu subs both out of commission??? That must be a glitch of some sort. Hopefully it
s only for that game.

I haven't tried another game yet in that dynasty, but it was all different sub in/out abilities. I did have auto sub off (which I regretted) so that may have been an issue but I was subbing in and out just fine and then all of a sudden, it stopped working.

jaymo76
11-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I was in the mood last night so I gave NCAA Football 11 a break and popped NCAA Basketball 10 into the PS3. I started my third season with Arizona State (currently ranked #6) and travelled to Michigan St (ranked #12 and the 7th toughest place to play). I walked away with a 69-54 victory. Boy oh boy were my skills rusty. After last night I think I am going to give football a rest for a week or so and work on taking home the N/C in bball.

Observations:

1. Plain and simple, the game is just FUN
2. Presentation is awesome... I can only imagine how good it COULD have been had they made 11
3. Running offenses is a thing of beauty (L1 sake of ease is great)
4. After not playing for close to a year, defense assist saved my butt last night
5. Players subs is easy and efficient
6. For a video game, the stadiums and crowds are pretty decent

Pet peeves: aka~ I forgot about...

1. cpu doesn't call timeouts when thery should
2. post game passing out is non-existent
3. Fouls.... feel free to call them refs

P.S. It appears the game no longer has access to updated plays, etc in dynasty hub so I guess that feature has been disabled.

JBHuskers
11-14-2010, 12:03 PM
I'll probably be playing once the season kicks in. Will be looking for updated rosters too.

This is still the case for me. CDJ & I have had some epic battles online with this game, I might even look to pick it up for 360.

CLW
11-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah I really enjoyed 10. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is going to do rosters for the 10-11 season. Thankfully, I found a decent 2K8 set. The graphics and in game presentation isn't as good but IMO the gameplay and depth of dynasty are enough to keep me satisfied.

JBHuskers
11-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah I really enjoyed 10. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is going to do rosters for the 10-11 season. Thankfully, I found a decent 2K8 set. The graphics and in game presentation isn't as good but IMO the gameplay and depth of dynasty are enough to keep me satisfied.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone at OS does.

morsdraconis
11-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I hope so. I hate trying to play a game in 2k8 whereas at least 2010 is fun to play a game in even if WVU is always severely underrated.

souljahbill
11-26-2010, 03:58 PM
I just got it today (Buy 2, get 1 free at GameStop). I played one game so far and HOLY CRAP is the presentation off the chain. I don't know if CBS does all the play now games or not but the presentation is REALLY sweet. I can't play the game for crap and I don't really understand what button does what and so forth but after 1 game, color me impressed.

JBHuskers
11-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I just got it today (Buy 2, get 1 free at GameStop). I played one game so far and HOLY CRAP is the presentation off the chain. I don't know if CBS does all the play now games or not but the presentation is REALLY sweet. I can't play the game for crap and I don't really understand what button does what and so forth but after 1 game, color me impressed.

Yeah the key thing with NCAA BB 10 is you have to run your offense to be successful, you can't just freestyle it to score all the time.

HWill
11-26-2010, 06:34 PM

:D:D:D

morsdraconis
11-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Has there been updated rosters yet?

JeffHCross
11-26-2010, 09:10 PM
OS rosters being worked on: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-ncaa-basketball-rosters/444284-ncaa-11-roster-6.html

morsdraconis
11-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I kinda wish there were more than 1 person working on each of the conferences... Always severe biases when that happens...

jaymo76
11-27-2010, 01:42 AM
I have found that All Conference sliders seem to play the most realistic for me. Currently I am getting readt for conference play and it has been tough thus far. What I love about this game is that it is just so unpredicatable.

Rudy
11-27-2010, 06:28 AM
I was thinking of picking up a basketball game like Live 10 or NBA 2K11 but maybe I'll consider getting this just to make tourny runs. I thought there were freezing issues for the PS3 though? Has EA given up on NCAA basketball completely?

CLW
11-27-2010, 06:46 AM
If/when those guys ever finish the rosters I may pickup NCAA Basketball 10 on the cheap.

souljahbill
11-27-2010, 08:12 AM
I know so little about college basketball rosters that I'm playing with generic names and it's not bothering me at all. I honestly don't even know the top teams and players. I don't even know who plays at Southern Miss or who our coach is (last I remember, it was Larry Eustachy). I'm still trying to figure out how to properly run an offense because doing the old "hold turbo and dunk all day" tactics of yore don't work at all.

CLW
11-27-2010, 02:21 PM
I know so little about college basketball rosters that I'm playing with generic names and it's not bothering me at all. I honestly don't even know the top teams and players. I don't even know who plays at Southern Miss or who our coach is (last I remember, it was Larry Eustachy). I'm still trying to figure out how to properly run an offense because doing the old "hold turbo and dunk all day" tactics of yore don't work at all.

LOL nope you have to actually run your offense now or you are TOAST in that game.

jaymo76
11-28-2010, 10:24 PM
My field goal % is killing me right now. I am playing on A.C. and the past four games I have only been hitting 38%. Also my layup misses are driving me nuts. I acutually bumped layup % to 80 last game because I misssed 3 of 4 fast break buckets. I love this game but I will never be great at playing this game.

jaymo76
03-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Tonight I am going to set up a tournament bracket based on the real thing and run through it and see what happens. In my Arizona St dynasty I am about 9 games away from the PAC 10 tourney. I have a good shot of making it to the big dance this year. My goal is at least the elite 8 after two straigth years of being knocked out in the sweet 16.

NatureBoy
03-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Has anyone seen the game marked down anywhere? I might give it a shot if it was $19.99 or less.

CLW
03-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Has anyone seen the game marked down anywhere? I might give it a shot if it was $19.99 or less.

No the game hasn't gone down any. It's still $40 on amazon and $33 used at Gamestop

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2011, 10:12 AM

Same here. I have 09, but I have been wanting to get 10 sometime.

JBHuskers
03-26-2011, 04:39 PM
You're going to have to wait til after March Madness....I looked on eBay and there are bids topping $30 on it used.

SmoothPancakes
03-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Well, thanks to Tigers Woods 12, NASCAR sometime in the future when I pick it up, and then LA Noire in May, along with my current stockpile of games, I should be able to manage to wait long enough into the future for the price drop to occur, lol.

jaymo76
03-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Honestly, I got the game for Christmas in 09 and it was totally worth it! I still love the game plus still not having won the N.C. keeps me coming back for more.

jaymo76
03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
:Arizona_State: Momentum in this game can be deadly. I am finishing up another season and I am playing my in-state arch rival, Arizona. Now the Wildcats are pretty weak and at the half I am up 39-20. I don't score in the last minute of the first half and they score four points to make the game a little closer. As the second half starts I hear some commentary about how the game should be closer. Arizona then goes on a 17-2 run to make it 41-37. My FG % drops from 53% in the first to 31% in the second. I call timeouts, run motions, change up my D... nothing makes a difference. With two minutes left I am now behind by 1 point. Long story short, I manage to hit a BIG three to regain the lead and then I go to the line a bunch of times and come away with a 61-59 victory. Because of momentum I could not play D or make a shot and that includes layups!!!

jaymo76
03-31-2011, 12:35 AM
So just for fun I re-created the field of 64 and simmed through the NCAA tourney of 2011. It took about 35 minutes to set-up the field but to see the results made it worht the wait.

Field of 64: TAKE NOTICE
Akron (15) beat Notre Dame (2) 91-85
Memphis (12) beat Arizona (5) 83-73
Michigan St (10) beat UCLA (7) 72-71
Georgetown (6) pummels VCU (11) 99-61

Round of 32:
Michigan St. (10)obliterates Florida (2) 83-54
Pitt (1)beats Butler (8) 72-67 in a nail biter

Sweet 16:
Michigan St (10) destroys Brigham Young (3) 81-47
Ohio St. (1) falls to Kentucky (4) 83-75
North Carolina (2) blows out Syracuse (3) 90-47 (biggest blowout in the tourney!!!)

Elite 8:
Kentucky 83 North Carolina 67
Michigan St 92 Pitt 82
Duke 101 Conneticut 72
Kansas 95 Purdue 69

Final 4:
Battle of #1's Kansas beats Duke 93-72
Kentucky edges Michigan St. 91-82

National Championship Game:

Kansas (1) versus Kentucky (4)

and the winner is....

:Kansas: KANSAS 88 TO :Kentucky: 54

JBHuskers
03-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Did anyone do updated rosters? Does anyone know?

CLW
03-31-2011, 01:51 PM

I think there was an issue with not being able to edit the class of a player. However, I seem to recall a set or two being on the OS forums. Not sure how good they are. I was able to find a very good set of 2k8 "2K11" rosters.

jaymo76
03-31-2011, 05:59 PM

Yeah I don't think there are any sets. I checked OS but could not find anything. I just keep playing with the 09 rosters and this far into my career pretty much 80% of the players are fake now anyways so for me it's not a big deal.

jaymo76
04-23-2011, 11:31 PM
After a few busy weeks fighting the flu, family obligations, work, etc. I finally found the time to finish my NCAA 10 season. After beating Duke 67-66 by hitting a F/T with under six seconds left I played Syracuse for the CHAMPIONSHIP. I barely got by them earlier in the season and I was up by five at the half in the cahmpionship game. Long story short~ second half I shot 38% and Syracuse shot 59% I ended up losing the game 78-73. It was a tough loss considering I put in at least 35+ hours just to get to that point. So another season over and I still have NEVER won the NCAA basketball championship. Okay, I am putting this game away until the fall...

jaymo76
07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Just to resurrect this thread... there are a lot of rumours that NCAA BASKETBALL will be comingt back in an every other year format. If this is the case I am pumped. NCAA 10 was an amazing game with a few glaring issues. If those issues could be fixed while keeping the best of 10 this would be an amazing title. I really hope this is the announcement we hear today.

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I still need to buy NCAA 10 sometime. If I can find it at a reasonable price and not $60 or $70 it still is in a lot of places online today.

JBHuskers
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I still need to buy NCAA 10 sometime. If I can find it at a reasonable price and not $60 or $70 it still is in a lot of places online today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NCAA-Basketball-10-Xbox-360-2009-/270774647364?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f0b6d3a44

morsdraconis
07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
:smh:

College Hoops 2k8 will always be the defacto college basketball game until something better comes along.

CLW
01-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Picked this bad boy up today at BestBuy. I had $20 in gift cards I needed to use and I rarely buy things from BB so I got NCAA 10 for like $12 after tax used. Found/downloaded a 10-11 roster set (that appears to be the latest set I could find) I couldn't find any original roster set. This game was pretty decent just had a few bugs that could/should have been fixed. Real shame you cannot play online now b/c I'd probably play the hell out of this game if I could find a group of guys to play with. Oh well 30 year dynasty mode here I come...

jaymo76
01-31-2013, 11:11 PM
Picked this bad boy up today at BestBuy. I had $20 in gift cards I needed to use and I rarely buy things from BB so I got NCAA 10 for like $12 after tax used. Found/downloaded a 10-11 roster set (that appears to be the latest set I could find) I couldn't find any original roster set. This game was pretty decent just had a few bugs that could/should have been fixed. Real shame you cannot play online now b/c I'd probably play the hell out of this game if I could find a group of guys to play with. Oh well 30 year dynasty mode here I come...

Yup, it's a solid game and I still play it from time to time. Too bad the series wasn't making a comeback. A few key changes would be huge for this game.

oweb26
02-01-2013, 07:07 AM
I put it in myself from time to time not really that good at it since I never really played that much but it was definitely a pretty good title. 2K8 shows its age and I can never get past like three games with all the stuff that game has on it soo much stuff in between games.

jaymo76
03-16-2013, 01:21 PM
With the tourney on the horizon I threw this bad boy into the system last night and played two exhibition games. I lost both 57-45 (Oklahoma over Marshall) and 59-50 (Washington over Harvard). Even though the game is four years old it's still a blast to play when the mood strikes you. Once the kids and wife go to bed I am going to take the night off from SimCity and get back into season 4 at Arizona St. Currently I am 1-1 and play VCU next. I'm ranked #5 overall and still haven't won the big one yet... this is going to be the year!?! ... maybe :)

SmoothPancakes
03-16-2013, 03:17 PM
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing last night. Watching non-stop conference tournament action this week, I really have an itch to play NCAA 10. I'm thinking about starting a new career at some small mid-major and try to turn them into the next Butler/VCU.

jaymo76
03-16-2013, 10:49 PM
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing last night. Watching non-stop conference tournament action this week, I really have an itch to play NCAA 10. I'm thinking about starting a new career at some small mid-major and try to turn them into the next Butler/VCU.

If I win the NC this season my goal is to switch to a smaller programme like Harvard. I think the best part of this game is access to all the mid major teams (hint, hint NCAA football 14...)

jaymo76
03-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Today I got that game in versus VCU. I beat them pretty good as the final was 66-39. If anyone starts playing this again just remember.... no fouls on hum player and no timeouts by the cpu. IMO this game needed one more year to be spectacular. I still hope for a reboot but sadly I don't see it in the cards.

jaymo76
03-18-2013, 04:12 PM
After destroying UAB 69-44 last night I am going on the road to take on #3 Duke (with the #2) home court advantage. This is a marquee matchup as #5 faces off against #3. I have a real history with Duke (in this game) and I expect this game to be a classic. However, my strategy and drive to the net and get fouled and go to the line won't work as home court advantage in this game is MASSIVE! I really struggle hitting free throws on the road versus top 25 teams. After Duke it doesn't get any easier as then I go up against the Florida Gators.

CLW
04-27-2013, 07:41 AM
With Amazon running a $20 additional credit promo just traded the game in for a grand total of $48. Nice little profit I made here maybe I can find the game again in the bargain bin at a GameStop or BestBuy but the offline dynasty mode just isn't that challenging and I cannot find any decent sliders. I think I'll sim out the rest of my :Duke: dynasty to get the final 3 available trophies I need and mail it back in.

countryboy
04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
I still have this game but sadly rarely play it outside of an exhibition game anymore due to the freezing in the dynasty mode. Shame too, as the game was actually pretty decent for a college basketball game. Was it perfect? Far from it, but it was fun.

Still angered that EA walked away from it knowing about the lockup and doing nothing about it.

jaymo76
04-28-2013, 08:11 PM
I still have this game but sadly rarely play it outside of an exhibition game anymore due to the freezing in the dynasty mode. Shame too, as the game was actually pretty decent for a college basketball game. Was it perfect? Far from it, but it was fun.

Still angered that EA walked away from it knowing about the lockup and doing nothing about it.

I have been lucky as the freezing issue has been almost non-existent. Just some post launch support for this game would have made all the difference in the world.

jaymo76
03-23-2014, 12:13 AM
Fired this up again tonight. Good times! It's been a year since I have played this game. My first thoughts... it is so much easier to play than Live 14. Being easier to access and better organized makes it a lot more fun.

jaymo76
03-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Wow! What a game... #10 :Arizona_State2: 65 over unranked :Oregon: 58. This was the first game of the Pac 10 schedule and it was a good one. Oregon gave up to me pretty good for the first 10 minutes but I stormed back with a boatload of 3's. With 8 seconds left SF Lockett tied it up 26-26. I was down by 12 five minutes into the 2nd half but then I changed up the pressure and defense and took control. There were a number of lead changes but with 3 minutes remaining I finally took the lead for good.

That makes ASU 10-1 on the season. My goal is to finish the campaign off before the end of next week. This year it's NC or bust as this team is stacked. With seniors graduating I have to win it as I won't have the horses next season.

If you own this game and haven't played in awhile AND you are watching the tourney... turn the game on and enjoy.

Rudy
03-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Didn't this game have game-killing freezes on the PS3 with no patch? Was the frame rate shaky?

jaymo76
03-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Didn't this game have game-killing freezes on the PS3 with no patch? Was the frame rate shaky?

I am aware of that issue being raised by some users. Fortunately I have NOT be plagued by this issue at all (knock on wood).

CLW
03-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Yeah the freezing issues seemed to be random I personally never experience it either. I need to remember to pick this bad boy up again to keep my PS3 collection as there doesn't look like there will ever be another college basketball game again.

Rudy
03-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Are there any current rosters?

jaymo76
03-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Are there any current rosters?

I don't think so because if memory served they turned off the servers awhile back. But I''m not 100% sure on that... there isn't much of an active community that plays the game anyomore (and very few posts at OS).

jaymo76
03-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Brutal night last night...

:Arizona_State2: lost to :Washington_State: 57-52 after being up by 13 at the half...

:Arizona_State2: crushes :Cal: 75-59

:Arizona_State2:loses to :Washington: 93-84 ... ASU was down by 17 at one point and then stormed back to take the lead 41-40 at the half. UW lost three players to fouled but ASU only shot 31%. It was a loss but it was one of the most exciting bball games I have ever played. What is the deal with playing in the state of Washington? Two games and two losses...

ASU drops to #17 with a 12-3 record.

jaymo76
03-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Two big wins tonight for :Arizona_State2:. The undefeated homestreak stays intact (8-0) with a hard fought win over a very average :Oregon_State: team. Then a Huge game versus #22 :UCLA: UCLA was the #2 toughest place to play. Normally I get rolled at UCLA but that was not the case tonight. Tonight I had a huge win. The only downside... I shot 55% from the line.

The next two games are versus rival :Arizona: These games will be tough but they are crucial for earning a strong spot at the dance.

skipwondah33
05-05-2014, 11:02 AM
I picked up NCAA 09 this past weekend at a yard sale. Didn't realize that I didn't get any of the college basketball games don't believe when they were coming out.

I've played 3 games into my dynasty so far and enjoy it for the most part.