PDA

View Full Version : 2013 TGT ESPN.com NCAA Tournament Challenge

cdj
03-17-2013, 10:38 AM
It's time for the annual TGT ESPN.com Tournament Challenge!

Sign up at ESPN.com with the information below. Feel free to invite family and friends!

Group Name: The Gaming Tailgate
Group #: 44442
No password

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?groupID=44442&ex_cid=tcmen-invite-email

On mobile:
http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/m/group?groupID=44442&ex_cid=tcmen-invite-email

psusnoop
03-19-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm in. oh but I gotta ask is there a last place prize?

jaymo76
03-19-2013, 06:05 PM
I took my original entry and added it to the tgt. I'm in... I think???

Snoop... the battle for last place is on brother! :D

psusnoop
03-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I took my original entry and added it to the tgt. I'm in... I think???

Snoop... the battle for last place is on brother! :D

I have a great track record of finishing in last in these polls :) you will have your work cut out for you.

bdoughty
03-21-2013, 04:57 AM
In. Pretty sure last place will be mine. I always throw in a good amount of upsets (like a 2 seed out in round one and Creighton beating Duke) plus I have Kansas St, St Louis, Kansas and Marquette in the Final Four. I have the two Kansas schools making the championship game with the Wildcats, who lost to Kansas three times this year end up the National Champion. In this scenario I would imagine at least five to ten Illinois fans will commit suicide after the game.

SmoothPancakes
03-21-2013, 05:17 AM
I've changed my bracket about 100 times, which is about on par for me. My latest "draft" has Louisville, Indiana, New Mexico and VCU in the Final Four, with Louisville beating Indiana in the title game. At one point I had every single 5 seed and every single 11 seed advancing from Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately, I've only dropped that number to three 5 seeds and three 11 seeds advancing. I just can't bring myself to not pick Bucknell, Belmont or Minnesota. I even still want to pick St. Mary's over Memphis, though going all four 11 seeds feels so wrong.

I've also actually gone mostly chalk this year for most of the rounds. Ignoring the 8/9 and 7/10 "upsets", Bucknell, Belmont, Minnesota and Oregon are my only "true" upsets in the round of 64.

I might get a little crazy before noon however. There was never an email sent out this year about a pool at the office, so apparently we're not doing one this year. So with no longer submitting my ESPN bracket and $5 for a chance at a $75-$100 first place prize, I'm playing for essentially nothing but the TGT group, so I can get a little crazy. And for that reason alone, I very well may pick say to hell with it, and pick St. Mary's over Memphis and roll with all 11 seeds to advance over 6s.

NatureBoy
03-21-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm in. I have filled out four or five brackets now on other sites. I don't expect to even come close to winning in any of them. But, as the old saying goes, you can't win if you don't play.

gschwendt
03-21-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm in with another bid for last place... I watched so little college basketball this year so who knows, maybe I picked it perfect :)

CLW
03-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm in with another bid for last place... I watched so little college basketball this year so who knows, maybe I picked it perfect :)

Meh this year has been so.... wild and there aren't ANY very good teams (historically) much less great so anything can happen. That said I did my usual morning of the tourny fill out my bracket. I do several every year depending on the size of the pool is how "crazy" I make my picks. My TGT entry is actually what I think is most likely going to happen and I didn't find too much crazy happening. All of this probably means the #1s all go down in the 1st weekend. :nod:

JBHuskers
03-21-2013, 09:48 AM
My TGT entry matches my "main" bracket, and my first of two $ brackets. I made little tweaks here and there the past couple days. The most major thing I did was last night, I put St. Mary's in the Sweet 16.

My Final Four is Duke / Wisconsin / Kansas / Indiana with Kansas d. Duke.

I have a few double digit seeds making the Sweet 16, but no further (Bucknell, Iowa State, St. Mary's, Minnesota), but after that it gets kinda chalk.

That West region is going to be nuts. Gonzaga has the faith or hardly anyone. And I have no faith in Ohio State :D

CLW
03-21-2013, 10:08 AM
My TGT entry matches my "main" bracket, and my first of two $ brackets. I made little tweaks here and there the past couple days. The most major thing I did was last night, I put St. Mary's in the Sweet 16.

My Final Four is Duke / Wisconsin / Kansas / Indiana with Kansas d. Duke.

I have a few double digit seeds making the Sweet 16, but no further (Bucknell, Iowa State, St. Mary's, Minnesota), but after that it gets kinda chalk.

That West region is going to be nuts. Gonzaga has the faith or hardly anyone. And I have no faith in Ohio State :D

Yeah I went with allot of Chalk this year mostly b/c its basically luck predicting when/where the Chaos could come from. In my "crazy" brackets, all HELL breaks loose in the West with a :Pitt: :New_Mexico: Elite 8 game with :Ole_Miss: :Belmont: and :Iowa_State: making upset wins.

JBHuskers
03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
My coin flip bracket where I pick the first round, and coin flip the rest was interesting. My coin had a Big East bias. Final Four was Louisville, Wisconsin, Georgetown, Syracuse with Louisville beating Georgetown. My "chaos" bracket had a final four of St. Louis, Wisconsin, VCU, Butler with St. Louis defeating VCU.

CLW
03-21-2013, 10:18 AM
My coin flip bracket where I pick the first round, and coin flip the rest was interesting. My coin had a Big East bias. Final Four was Louisville, Wisconsin, Georgetown, Syracuse with Louisville beating Georgetown. My "chaos" bracket had a final four of St. Louis, Wisconsin, VCU, Butler with St. Louis defeating VCU.

So basically A-10 and the least respected but always solid Badgers. Yeah that's "chason" and all of them are pretty solid clubs. VCU is the one team I have the most trouble with in the entire field b/c they rely so..... heavily on forcing turnovers. When they lose like they did to :Duke: :Saint_Louis: they cannot force them b/c the teams are smart and strong with the ball. When they win they usually force 20+ turnovers.

I like the Rams but :Michigan: is like #1 in the country in not turning the ball over. It will be the irresistible force meats the immovable object matchup. IF they can take down the Wolverines I'd actually favor them against :Kansas: and have a 50/50 shot at the Final 4 but I don't think they beat the Wolverines.

jaymo76
03-22-2013, 06:46 PM
That Kansas State loss killed my bracket as I had them reaching the final four. Ouch!

psusnoop
03-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Making a run, though it's early so I'm not holding up hope yet!!

bdoughty
03-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Me and Smooth have hit rock bottom. :fp:

NatureBoy
03-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Making a run, though it's early so I'm not holding up hope yet!!

Same here. Right now, I'm tied for 2nd place. I don't expect it to last though.

jaymo76
03-24-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm in a three way tie for second but I'm still 50 pts behind Snoop. Snoop is totally in the drivers seat at this point.

CLW
03-24-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm in a three way tie for second but I'm still 50 pts behind Snoop. Snoop is totally in the drivers seat at this point.

Meh if memory serves the champion is worth 360 points alone so if :Indiana: defeats :Louisville: in the title game CDJ take it. However, anyone with a :Louisville: champion not named Snoop is probably eliminated at this point.

JBHuskers
03-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Yeah :Kansas: winning and facing :Duke: is probably my only hope.

SCClassof93
03-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah :Kansas: winning and facing :Duke: is probably my only hope.

http://trollable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Help-me-Obi-Wan.jpg

CLW
03-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Yeah not surprisingly, ALL of the pools I am that I care about are going to come down to which team goes farther: :Duke: or :Louisville: IF :Duke: I'm going to be in pretty good shape if not I'm toast.

NatureBoy
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
http://ble.ac/13oWPGI

:D North Carolina fans.

jaymo76
03-24-2013, 11:26 PM
94.4% and second place at the moment. I NEVER do well with picks. Props to Snoop though... 99% wow!!!

SmoothPancakes
03-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Damnit. I did too good today. I moved up to 12th in the TGT group. :(

psusnoop
03-25-2013, 06:39 AM
94.4% and second place at the moment. I NEVER do well with picks. Props to Snoop though... 99% wow!!!

Thanks, I'm still shocked myself haha. I'm ranked 4250 overall, but I gotta admit this was the fastest Ive probably ever entered my picks. Hell maybe that is the secret for me :dunno:

Still things can flip at any moment so I know while cool I'm leading things can change with 1 game quickly.

psusnoop
03-25-2013, 06:43 AM
My big pick is Syracuse over Indiana next round.

ram29jackson
03-30-2013, 02:17 PM
i can live with number 7 :)

SmoothPancakes
03-31-2013, 06:29 PM
And thanks to Louisville beating Duke just now, I am saying sayonara to last place in the TGT pool.

SmoothPancakes
03-31-2013, 06:45 PM
And JB is officially your last place finisher, sitting in last with 410 points and no potential points remaining, just barely beating out OSUCowboyofMD (with 420 points) for the bottom of the barrel.

SCClassof93
04-01-2013, 09:12 AM
And JB is officially your last place finisher, sitting in last with 410 points and no potential points remaining, just barely beating out OSUCowboyofMD (with 420 points) for the bottom of the barrel.

Yep, he can't even go all..........
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/McKayla-Maroney-Not-Impressed-Face-Receiving-Medal.gif

jaymo76
04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
If Louisvulle goes all the way the crown goes to Snoop. However, Naturboy with Michigan could steal it all. Everyone else still in it has Louisville.

NatureBoy
04-01-2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cjv7hEAytU

:D

JBHuskers
04-02-2013, 12:17 AM

It's okay, but I'm challenging for the national title in the Champions League :nod:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/ChampionsLeague_zps98056e0d.png

JBHuskers
04-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Yep, he can't even go all..........
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/McKayla-Maroney-Not-Impressed-Face-Receiving-Medal.gif

Not sure what happened to my post earlier, but I'd go all, in on her :nod: (after December)

ram29jackson
04-04-2013, 08:42 PM
i'm never advancing Gonzaga that deep again....

SmoothPancakes
04-06-2013, 11:12 PM
And the competition is down to two. Louisville will clinch the TGT pool for Snoop, while Michigan will clinch the pool for Naitch. No one else can win. :popcorn:

NatureBoy
04-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Good luck Snoop.

jaymo76
04-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Congrats Snoop!