PDA

View Full Version : Failed robbery attempt at my home- they never come back, do they ?

ram29jackson
07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
I was home, upstairs, small townhouse. didnt hear what I assume is 2 guys pry open my front door.

I'm in bedroom, i hear door crack open behind me. I look...a guy see's me with door about 6 inches open..than just started taking off down stairs and out...I think it was 2 guys...it was about 10:30 AM

called the police to at least start a little beehive in the neighborhood because I didnt really see him and nothing excepting breaking in happened....

steelerfan
07-22-2010, 06:35 PM
F that!! That sucks, brother. Let's all just be thankful you are ok. They won't be back.

ram29jackson
07-22-2010, 06:40 PM
F that!! That sucks, brother. Let's all just be thankful you are ok. They won't be back.

thanks..my mental state is still a little disoriented, not calm, etc

thank God they werent the violent type..

steelerfan
07-22-2010, 06:54 PM
thanks..my mental state is still a little disoriented, not calm, etc

thank God they werent the violent typel

I understand. I was robbed at gunpoint a little over 10 years ago. I was skiddish for a long time after that. It changed me permanently. I hope they catch those bastards! Again, I'm just thankful you're ok. It's perfectly normal to be high-strung after something like that. You may be more comfortable if you go stay with someone else for a few days. When I was robbed, I was in my driveway and my ex and I went and stayed with family for a day or two.

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Holy shit man! Thank god they didn't try to do something. Wow.

Nothingface
07-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Scary. I wonder what look on your face scared them off. lol. Glad everything is good. You'll prob be paranoid for a few days but you'll be allright.

JBHuskers
07-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Damn ... glad you're alright. My apartment was broken into three years ago with them taking my HDTV and PS3, both fairly brand new. Thank god for renter's insurance.

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Scary. I wonder what look on your face scared them off. lol. Glad everything is good. You'll prob be paranoid for a few days but you'll be allright.

Yeah,..man, the slightest noise affects me

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Damn ... glad you're alright. My apartment was broken into three years ago with them taking my HDTV and PS3, both fairly brand new. Thank god for renter's insurance.

new locks are the next step..told all the neighbors..called police to at least cause a little beehive around since I couldnt really report anything..not a good enough look at the guy since its summer and you keep the lights off to save power and reduce heat.

only saw him through a 6 inch door opening

Nothingface
07-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Reminds me of a story when I was living in an apt. I left my room to get some food, but for whatever reason, went to the front door, held the door knob and looked through the peephole. As I did this, I saw this man put his hand on my unlocked door and tried to turn the knob. Since my hand was on it, he musta thought it was locked and he then walked away. This is when I was like 16. So strange.

kdog36
07-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Brotha! Glad all is good. My home got broken into in the late 90's the after school was let out for Christmas. I will never forget it. Affects me to this day. They locked my dog in the bathroom and took the PS2 and all my wife's jewerly including my 1996 SouthWest Conference Ring (the last year of the SWC with Texas). 'Til this day I think about if we had been in there because I honestly think they had a gun. The reason is, is that my dog barks and attacks my son everytime he gets his play guns out and starts shooting them in the house. She really goes at him when he points it at her playing around. It's either because of that day or that she is just 15 years old and hates to be bothered. Something tells me it was from that day for some reason. This is the only time she gets excited is when he does thes gun thing.

You will always remember that. I have never felt so violated in my life like I did that day.

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 03:39 PM
...so,..basically, half the house furniture was blocking the door last night. And the slightest noise bothers me haha -sigh-

realistically, I doubt the same person is coming back. But a part of your brain doesnt register that. And I was lucky/blessed not to get it as bad as some of your stories.

morsdraconis
07-23-2010, 03:43 PM
realistically, I doubt the same person is coming back. But a part of your brain doesnt register that.

No doubt man. You brain loves to play tricks on you with that shit especially when you get scared to fuckin' death like that.

Do you live alone?

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 03:52 PM
No doubt man. You brain loves to play tricks on you with that shit especially when you get scared to fuckin' death like that.

Do you live alone?

no,...unemployed. I now live with my mom, who went to work. If they cased the place, they probably thought she lived alone because I havent been real active lately.

morsdraconis
07-23-2010, 04:33 PM
no,...unemployed. I now live with my mom, who went to work. If they cased the place, they probably thought she lived alone because I havent been real active lately.

Well, at least you're not freakin' out alone and shit.

And no shame in being unemployed. I am as well. Times are tough everywhere.

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Well, at least you're not freakin' out alone and shit.

And no shame in being unemployed. I am as well. Times are tough everywhere.

:D thats why I had time to fight you over doing a site uniform :D

thanks again for cool logo :) it made it easy

iBrandon
07-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Damn, I'm glad you weren't harmed. I would be just like you if it happened to me, it's normal.

Speaking of site uniform, did anything come about for the site team?

steelerfan
07-23-2010, 07:17 PM
And the slightest noise bothers me

Yep. I understand that feeling completely.

I had to do the poloroid lineup and all that. The guy who robbed me did the same to a lot of others and ended up going to prison. He was caught abour a week after he robbed me. I was a mess for a while. I remember having the gun pointed in my face and thinking, "when this guy empties my pockets, he's gonna shoot me right in the face because I can easily identify him." Fortunately, my ex came to the door to see what was going on and he got panicky and left.

Again, we're all just thankful you're ok.

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Yep. I understand that feeling completely.

I had to do the poloroid lineup and all that. The guy who robbed me did the same to a lot of others and ended up going to prison. He was caught abour a week after he robbed me. I was a mess for a while. I remember having the gun pointed in my face and thinking, "when this guy empties my pockets, he's gonna shoot me right in the face because I can easily identify him." Fortunately, my ex came to the door to see what was going on and he got panicky and left.

Again, we're all just thankful you're ok.

thanks internet strangers :) its not a good feeling but pales in comparison to what you dealt with

I pray this isnt some obsessive idiot waiting for another opportunity. You would hope he logically thinks that he failed. that area will be a little tighter now and he cant be hanging in that vicinity etc....?

Nothingface
07-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Where in SoCal do you live? just curious. Maybe we are neighbors. lol.

steelerfan
07-23-2010, 08:00 PM
thanks internet strangers :) its not a good feeling but pales in comparison to what you dealt with

I pray this isnt some obsessive idiot waiting for another opportunity. You would hope he logically thinks that he failed. that area will be a little tighter now and he cant be hanging in that vicinity etc....?

No, it doesn't pale in comparison. I would be skiddish in your shoes too, brother. I'm just trying to let you know that the thoughts you're having, whether rational or not (I had some irrational ones), are normal.

The odds are that the guy(s) that broke in your place will never come back. I know it's tough to rationalize that but it's true. They obviously had no intent to hurt anyone or they would have tried. They thought no one was home.

It will take some time for you to quit worrying about it.

ram29jackson
08-03-2010, 06:33 PM
...getting new locks on door now. He didnt mess up the old ones. Just decided to get something new is all.