PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NFL Offseason Talk

Pages : [1] 2

JBHuskers
02-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Let's start this thread with Suh enjoying dat ass....

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Suh-Webb_zps8e842904.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SqwPAcDPCg

skipwondah33
02-21-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm getting tired of Richard Sherman..I was tired of him about 2-3 months ago but this guy just won't stop

See his back and fourth with Revis.

All giddy because he has more interceptions than Revis, yada yada.

baseballplyrmvp
02-21-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm getting tired of Richard Sherman..I was tired of him about 2-3 months ago but this guy just won't stop

http://i.qkme.me/3rcnah.jpg

:D

JBHuskers
02-21-2013, 10:01 AM

Though he talks a lot, I did like it when he changed his Twitter handle to Optimus Prime before the Lions game.

skipwondah33
02-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Though he talks a lot, I did like it when he changed his Twitter handle to Optimus Prime before the Lions game.Yeah that was cute

But still it's getting tiring. He wants respect but yet keeps yapping.

JBHuskers
02-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah that was cute

But still it's getting tiring. He wants respect but yet keeps yapping.

Cute. :D

JBHuskers
02-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Manti Te'o only ran a 4.82 40-yard dash. I guess carrying the weight of a fake girlfriend around slows you down.

cdj
02-25-2013, 01:49 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2235619/harbaughhatesteo.gif

JBHuskers
02-25-2013, 02:17 PM

psuexv
02-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Tom Brady signing a lesser deal to free up other money for the Pats

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130225/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-contract/

JBHuskers
02-25-2013, 04:28 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/df9e4224b40852c6acc379c3e5342e4f/tumblr_misk3gUqNC1qah9sgo1_1280.jpg

psusnoop
02-26-2013, 09:23 AM

I can't believe his girlfriend was that fast, I mean she beat him by at least a foot there :D

psusnoop
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Tom Brady signing a lesser deal to free up other money for the Pats

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130225/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-contract/

Smart move, I've been hearing on the radio (ESPN) how some aren't happy because of the players union and such but that's bullshit imo. He is freeing up room for the organization to field a competitive team for a couple more years. My opinion this was smart. Plus I've heard it is guaranteed as well, anyone else hear or read that?

JBHuskers
02-26-2013, 10:18 AM
I can't believe his girlfriend was that fast, I mean she beat him by at least a foot there :D

:D :D :D

Maybe she'll play in the lingerie league?

psusnoop
02-26-2013, 10:25 AM
:D :D :D

Maybe she'll play in the lingerie league?

I heard her chest is nearly invisible though :smh:

CLW
02-26-2013, 11:32 AM
lmao was that really Harbagh's reaction while Teo was running? If so that's really funny.

JBHuskers
02-26-2013, 11:38 AM
lmao was that really Harbagh's reaction while Teo was running? If so that's really funny.

Yeah it was.

ram29jackson
02-26-2013, 03:39 PM

no, you're just tired how the media pushes and keys on what he says. The guy is smart and has a sense of humor and is well spoken. With Brady, he was just reacting to how confident and a big talker Brady is and got the upper hand. He explained himself well on the NFL network a while back

psuexv
03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Falcons cut three high-priced veterans, including Michael Turner

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-falcons-cut-three-veterans-20130301,0,3620586.story

The Atlanta Falcons have made the biggest off-season splash to date by dumping three key veterans: defensive end John Abraham, cornerback Dunta Robinson and running back Michael Turner.

The news is not stunning since many NFL teams at this time of year decide which high-salaried veterans to release in an effort to bring in younger, lower-priced talent. The club will save nearly $16 million with the moves

Then again, it's not often you see a pro football team dump its sacks leader, a top-flight defensive back and one of the franchise's greatest running backs.

The 31-year-old Turner rushed for 800 yards last season, the lowest during his five seasons with the Falcons, and scored 10 touchdowns. His workload was cut with the addition of Jacquizz Rodgers, a smaller, more versatile running back. Turner rushed for more than 1,300 yards in a season three times.

“As a football coach it is never easy to cut any player, especially veteran players who have been valuable members of the organization,” said Coach Mike Smith, whose Falcons were 13-3 last season. “The guys we released today have contributed to the success that we have had over the last five years, and we greatly appreciate their efforts.”

Abraham, 34, led the team with 10 sacks, but the Falcons cut back on the number of snaps he took in an effort to keep him healthy. He had 68 1/2 sacks in his six seasons with Atlanta.

Robinson, 30, was a stabilizing force in the secondary since joining the Falcons in 2010. He was known primarily for his big hits.

ram29jackson
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BB1Li7kCIAIoA8O.jpg:large

CLW
03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BB1Li7kCIAIoA8O.jpg:large

LOL it's kinda sad that Flacco is the highest paid player of all-time. Ravens WAY overpaid on this one. Flacco is really good but he's not even the best QB of his generation.

Rudy
03-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Personally I think Flacco isn't an elite QB but he's up there. I think he's better than Eli and Eli got $16.25 mil back in 2009. This contract is just in line with what top QBs get and he's young. If he did what he did (playoffs every year, min 80 QBrating every year, SB win) for the Jets he would be hailed and marketed as the one of the greats.

Other than Aaron Rodgers, what other QB in this league would you give a 6 year, $120M contract too? Due to age I would take Flacco over Peyton, Bree's and probably Brady.

JBHuskers
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Percy Harvin traded to the Seahawks, Anquan Boldin traded to the Niners.

JBHuskers
03-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Good to see Tony Gonzalez coming back for another season. If Da Bears aren't in contention, I wouldn't mind seeing Tony get a ring. Hard to imagine him walking away from a 93 catch, 8 TD season.

Rudy
03-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Harvin got a lot of money and so did Mike Wallace with my Fish! I love the signing although $13 million a year is steep. I thought $12 was a bit much be we really needed the speed and you always overpay in free agency. I was completely caught off guard by the signing of Ellerbe at MLB though. Cutting Dansby not so much. Dansby was really good last year but he's 31 and he's a strong voice in the locker room. Joe Philbin wants company men and Karlos spoke out against some of their moves early last year.

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Reggie Bush signs a 4-year deal with the Detroit Lions.

jaymo76
03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Good to see Tony Gonzalez coming back for another season. If Da Bears aren't in contention, I wouldn't mind seeing Tony get a ring. Hard to imagine him walking away from a 93 catch, 8 TD season.

I agree 100% but I think this year the road to the SB has to go through SF and/or Seattle.

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM
I agree 100% but I think this year the road to the SB has to go through SF and/or Seattle.

If that defense solidifies, and Wilson matures even more, look out. Hell even St. Louis is much improved, Arizona, probably high and dry. Don't think Mendenhall is their savior :D

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Okay Jay Cutler. All the pieces you need are in place. I'm not overly jumping for joy at the signings, just pleased.

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Now we know why talk of Tim Tebow has been quiet in the offseason....

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/tebowpope_zps47fb0802.png

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Wes Welker might be going from Tom Brady throwing to him to Peyton Manning throwing to him. Imagine the WR corps in Denver if they land Welker. DAMN!

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 03:58 PM
It's official, Welker to the Broncos. That is a nasty set of WR's.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2013, 04:17 PM
What a steal! And for only $12 million over 2 years. Denver's ridiculous WR corps just got even more ridiculous.

morsdraconis
03-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Wow. New England is SO dumb. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Just glancing at Denver's current roster, I'm salivating for the passing game next season.

Wes Welker, Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Trindon Holliday at WR, adding in Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen at TE, and even Knowshon Moreno, Willis McGahee and Ronnie Hillman catching passes from RB position.

If they resign Brandon Stokley and Matt Willis at WR, holy shit. The number of passing targets Manning would have every single play...

Rudy
03-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow. New England is SO dumb. :smh:

I agree. It's like they are going out of their own way to spite themselves. "Our system is so awesome we can do it with anyone!" Brady can only do so much. What the heck did he restructure for then if they weren't going to sign any big free agent? Amendola is an injury waiting to happen. You just can't replace the chemistry between Welker and Brady that easily. Their WRs are lousy right now. Better hope both of those fragile TEs stay healthy.

Brady hasn't won a Superbowl in almost 10 years. Wherever Peyton has gone his teams have gone crazy surrounding him with talent. New England does the opposite and puts too much of the onus on Brady imo. Gronk is the only dangerous weapon Brady has.

JBHuskers
03-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Well NE replaced one white WR for another with signing Danny Amendola.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Well NE replaced one white WR for another with signing Danny Amendola.

Horrible trade-off in my opinion. How many seasons has Amendola made it through without an injury? And they paid him more than it would have cost to keep Welker. Get rid of a guy who, while having his fair share of drops, has a shitload of 100+ catch seasons under his belt, and pay more money for a guy, who while younger, can't make it through a season without an injury putting him on the sidelines for a couple games each year.

jaymo76
03-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Rumour has it that Cliff Avril will sign woth the Sahawks. Yikes that is one impressive pass rush!!!

baseballplyrmvp
03-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Rumour has it that Cliff Avril will sign woth the Sahawks. Yikes that is one impressive pass rush!!!

its already a done deal, pending a physical. 2 years, $15 million.

JBHuskers
03-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Brady was asked about the Pats letting Welker go over two million, and he was LIVID.

In other news, Danny Amendola's fantasy stock has skyrocketed.

CLW
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Brady was asked about the Pats letting Welker go over two million, and he was LIVID.

In other news, Danny Amendola's fantasy stock has skyrocketed.

Brady very well may be pissed but IMHO I think Welker's production is more a result of Brady/New England's system than his actual skill set. Welker also had a niche for the drops in key moments so catch all the balls when you win 49-0 but he seemed to choke under the pressure in the playoffs. The guy is good but not great and decent slot receivers are a fairly common commodity in the league right now.

IF Amendola can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see his production to be every bit as good as Welker's was in New England.

SmoothPancakes
03-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Elway is hitting the ground running this year. Newest additions to the Broncos are Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Terrance Knighton.

morsdraconis
03-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Welker was most definitely a product of New England's system because New England's system is basically a Pro-Style Air Raid combination. EVERYTHING that Welker ran in his slot receiver position was straight out of the Air Raid playbook.

JBHuskers
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Vikings not wasting any time, signed up Matt Cassel.

JBHuskers
03-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Steven Jackson to Atlanta. I'd say it's somewhat of an upgrade over Turner. 1042 and 4TD last year. But Turner had 10 TDs last year.

psuexv
03-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Steven Jackson to Atlanta. I'd say it's somewhat of an upgrade over Turner. 1042 and 4TD last year. But Turner had 10 TDs last year.

yeah but Jackson catches the ball way better than Turner and St. Louis has had nothing around him for like 4 years. I think he'll do really well there, not MVP or anything but well.

morsdraconis
03-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Everyone knew Jackson was going to Atlanta. It was only a matter of for how much. Atlanta would have been insane to not get him. Dude easily has 2-3 years left in the tank if he's recovered fully from his last injury.

JBHuskers
03-14-2013, 06:46 PM
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/312348663861104640

Ravens S Ed Reed spoke today like a man saying goodbye to Baltimore. Every sign now points to him getting done a deal in Houston on Friday.

psusnoop
03-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Everyone knew Jackson was going to Atlanta. It was only a matter of for how much. Atlanta would have been insane to not get him. Dude easily has 2-3 years left in the tank if he's recovered fully from his last injury.

I'm with you and E here, I like this signing for the Falcons.

Coach Kernzy
03-15-2013, 10:50 AM
No love for my Chiefs in here? They have been very aggressive from the jump, starting with getting Andy Reid as HC and John Dorsey as GM. Now those two are putting together a nice crop of additions including...

QB Alex Smith via trade
Resign WR Bowe (their only legit WR though not a fan) and the best punter in the league in Dustin Colquitt (led the league in punts inside the 20 and 10)
Tagged LT Branden Albert
Signed CB Dunta Robinson to play nickel and probably some safety as well
Signed TE Anthony Fasano who is a very good balanced TE that can block and catch, Chiefs will run a lot of 2 TE sets with him and Moeaki
Signed QB Chase Daniel, local Missouri Tiger to be the backup
Signed WR Donnie Avery to inject some speed in their WR corp
Signed DE Mike DeVito to play in their 3-4 and he was coached by our new DC that was the Jets DC
Released the atrocious Matt Cassell, this move all by itself makes the Chiefs better. So bad.
Lastly they sign CB Sean Smith yesterday to play opposite Brandon Flowers.

Great offseason so far for the Chiefs and the draft should further improve a team I believe to be 2nd best in the AFC West behind the Broncos but these moves help them compete at least with the Broncos and possibly get a Wildcard spot in the playoffs. Calling my shot now, from #1 pick in the draft to the playoffs.

Rudy
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
I will agree with you there. The Chiefs have had a great offseason. I really think this is a playoff team but so much depends on which Alex Smith shows up. The Smith under Harbaugh or the lousy QB prior to Harbaugh.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 12:38 PM
I will agree with you there. The Chiefs have had a great offseason. I really think this is a playoff team but so much depends on which Alex Smith shows up. The Smith under Harbaugh or the lousy QB prior to Harbaugh.

Hell I thought they were a playoff team last year based on my predictions :D

Don't think they'll beat Denver, and the wild card is going to be tough with teams like Miami improving. But it's possible.

Rudy
03-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Danny Woodhead gone from the Pats now too. Someone explain to me what the Pats are doing with their cap space now? I think they are outsmarting themselves and being too cheap.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Danny Woodhead gone from the Pats now too. Someone explain to me what the Pats are doing with their cap space now? I think they are outsmarting themselves and being too cheap.

That's just the "Patriot Way". They've never changed the way they do business.

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2013, 03:14 PM
And there's a reason why they haven't won a Super Bowl in nearly a decade.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Elvis Dumervil's agent should get kicked in the nuts. Elvis was going to take less to stay with the Broncos, agent was 7 minutes late from getting the paperwork in.

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? Goddamn that jackass.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? Goddamn that jackass.

Yeah some kind of odd deadline timing, so they were forced to release him.

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Well, he clearly wanted to stay in Denver, if he was willing to restructure, so maybe him and Broncos can do the same deal, just as a new free agent contract.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Straight from Bleacher Report on the Dumervil situation:

One of the strangest NFL offseason moves you'll see: the Denver Broncos and DE Elvis Dumervil agreed to terms of a restructured contract earlier today but Dumveril's agent failed to get the paperwork in before the NFL's official deadline. As a result, Dumervil was released by the Broncos and is now a free agent.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Well, he clearly wanted to stay in Denver, if he was willing to restructure, so maybe him and Broncos can do the same deal, just as a new free agent contract.

Yeah but there are also vultures out there....

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Yeah but there are also vultures out there....

Very true. But they essentially already have a contract all worked out, whereas other teams have to court Dumervil and then still work out a contract with him. So Broncos at least have the edge. But, if they don't resign him, there are still plenty of options, and for cheaper.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Very true. But they essentially already have a contract all worked out, whereas other teams have to court Dumervil and then still work out a contract with him. So Broncos at least have the edge. But, if they don't resign him, there are still plenty of options, and for cheaper.

I don't see how they couldn't re-sign him, but it is a strange strange business.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 06:32 PM
WOW....Greg Jennings bolts for the Vikings.

Rudy
03-15-2013, 06:45 PM
And there's a reason why they haven't won a Super Bowl in nearly a decade.

I agree. They seem to be taking the approach of being good and prudent every year and sacrifice the all-in Superbowl mentality. The year Deion Branch wanted a wanted a new contract they traded him away for a first rounder rather than pay him. That was a very good long term trade in hindsight. But they blew a big lead to the Colts in the AFC Championship and another good shot at winning a Superbowl because Brady didn't have any dangerous weapons on offense. That trade really hurt their short term SB title shot. Trading Richard Seymour was also a good long term deal but it hurt their short term chances. At some point you can't be so frugal.

JeffHCross
03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
If they resign Brandon StokleyNo way they re-sign Stokley, right?

Also: Regarding Welker being a product of the Air Raid (mors' passionate hatred for the Air Raid and everything about it non-withstanding), there isn't that much of a difference between slot in the Pats offense and slot in the Manning offense. Welker's skills should translate just fine.

You might want to look at a new safety, Smooth. Your current one is pretty stupid.

Denver Broncos safety Quinton Carter, 24, was arrested late Saturday at the Texas Station casino in North Las Vegas after security officials reported he was videotaped adding a $5 chip to three bets after the dice already rolled, according to a police report. Carter denied wrongdoing when police arrived.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 07:56 PM
No way they re-sign Stokley, right?

My gut is no.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2013, 08:25 PM
You might want to look at a new safety, Smooth. Your current one is pretty stupid.

Stupid, yes, but if that's the worse he did? Meh, accept his punishment, move on and get ready for training camp. Trying to add a $5 chip to a couple bets is HARDLY a big deal, not with all players in recent years arrested for drugs, DUI, gun charges, etc.

JeffHCross
03-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Stupid, yes, but if that's the worse he did? Meh, accept his punishment, move on and get ready for training camp. Trying to add a $5 chip to a couple bets is HARDLY a big deal, not with all players in recent years arrested for drugs, DUI, gun charges, etc.Lol. I wasn't advocating getting rid of him. Just that he might be too stupid to be successful :D

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Lol. I wasn't advocating getting rid of him. Just that he might be too stupid to be successful :D

Ahh, my misunderstanding there. :D Still, if that's the worst he did, as long as he can still cover receivers worth a damn, he may be dumber than a rock, but I'll give him a pass. He could have done so much worse than that.

jaymo76
03-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Well at this point in the offseason I am going to say my pre-season SB favourites are

:Seattle_Seahawks: vs :Denver_Broncos:

Rudy
03-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Seattle has made a lot of nice moves although I'm not sold on the Harvin trade. A first rounder and a big contract is a very high price. I think Minny made out well. Get Jennings to replace him and you could draft Austin OR use that first rounder to get a better QB.

I hope Miami signs a T to replace Long. If they don't I expect them to take Cooper the G at 12. Warmack is not a pulling guard like they want.

JBHuskers
03-18-2013, 09:59 PM
QB carousel tonight. Fitzpatrick signs with Tennessee, Hasselbeck is talking with Indy.

morsdraconis
03-19-2013, 04:40 AM
So that cements Buffalo taking a QB in the 1st then. Interesting. Figured with Marrone taking over, they'd let Fitz go and go a different direction. Unfortunately for them, there isn't a QB worth a damn to be taken in the first, but now they HAVE to take one. Could possibly see them trade ahead of the Cardinals if they covet Geno Smith more than the Cardinals do (who are absolutely taking a QB at #7).

Rudy
03-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Lots of QBs in this draft but a ton of question marks too. Mors, why don't you see Geno Smith as a first rounder?

morsdraconis
03-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Lots of QBs in this draft but a ton of question marks too. Mors, why don't you see Geno Smith as a first rounder?

He's inaccurate at times, crumbles under pressure at times, and, in general, is just highly inconsistent. Watching him struggle to perform consistently for two years in Holgorsen's simplistic offense while also struggling to perform in the mishmash that was the Pro-style/Spread offense of Jeff Mullen for two years was enough for me to see that he has a high ceiling that he just doesn't put the work in to achieve. The guy is definitely the best pure passer WVU has ever seen and has the best arm any WVU QB has ever had. He can hit the over the shoulder 15-20 yard corner like it's nothing on good days or he can underthrow it just like someone with 25% of the arm that he has.

I will feel sorry for anyone that drafts him to be the savior of their franchise unless he has a mentor 2nd string QB to help keep his head in the books and his ego in check (his MAIN issue overall).

ram29jackson
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
bye tuck rule LOL

and good bye to any RB ever breaking records again if the new rule gets in the way of producing yards on the ground.

Sometimes you lower your head out of instinct to protect the ribs. Will that be a penalty now? they say if you looked at the last week of the regular season, they would have made the new rule call only 5 times and 35 times all season ....?

psusnoop
03-20-2013, 04:08 PM
bye tuck rule LOL

and good bye to any RB ever breaking records again if the new rule gets in the way of producing yards on the ground.

Sometimes you lower your head out of instinct to protect the ribs. Will that be a penalty now? they say if you looked at the last week of the regular season, they would have made the new rule call only 5 times and 35 times all season ....?

It's easy for them to say that they would have called 5 penalties after watching a video/replay but that number doubles at least in live action. IMO

ryby6969
03-20-2013, 05:20 PM
After watching my son play pop warner football for the last 3 years, I can honestly say I have no problem with the rules being implemented. If penalizing NFL players starts to teach the kids/coaches to not lead with their head, I am all for it. It is amazing how much these young kids think that is how it is supposed to be done.

JBHuskers
03-21-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm sad to see Urlacher go. He's a Bear in the truest of definitions, but that's the nature of the beast. Rarely does a player stay on a team his entire career.

jaymo76
03-21-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm sad to see Urlacher go. He's a Bear in the truest of definitions, but that's the nature of the beast. Rarely does a player stay on a team his entire career.

Not a Bears fan but it will seem wrong to not see Urlacher in a Bears jersey.

Rudy
03-22-2013, 04:54 AM
At this point in my life I have seen way too many legendary figures switch teams late in their career. Nothing surprises me anymore. There was a local radio show doing a segment on which players surprised you the most in the past and a lot of the call in people were upset at the players for switching teams. It's a 50/50 thing people. Often management wants to dump the player. Not surprising though as most fans back the owners in lockout/strike situations because they would kill to be a professional athlete and fail to see the business side.

ram29jackson
03-22-2013, 02:28 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/577102_530768390307989_1793032325_n.jpg

GatorfanStovy
03-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Reed is so dumb founded when it comes to talking with the media .

Rudy
03-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Dolphins unveiled their new logo. It's not terrible but I always liked the older one. The Dolphin had more personality and wore a helmet. I wish it wouldn't have changed but some like it. I don't like their current uniforms but they are changing and will be revealed on April 18th as well. I hope it's throwback style but since this logo is NOT throwback I'm guessing it will be a modern makeover. I'd like to see something closer to the 70s or early 80s myself.

What do you guys think?

Old Logo
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/1992/1551598-miamidolphins.jpg

New Logo
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/50dc7a5f6bb3f7e87e000020-960/a_dsxsrcyaaieyt.png

The Logo HAS changed over the years but not in recent memory. Here is the evolution.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/50dc7c92eab8ea485000001b-1200-288/2-444.jpg

jaymo76
03-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Wow! I'm just going to say it... I think that new logo above looks absolutely awful! IMO Miami didn't need a new logo. I have always liked the Dolphin with the helmet. The new logo makes me think of two things: 1. the aquarium 2. a modern airline design.

jaymo76
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
This guy did his mock-up... yuck

http://butattheendoftheday.com/2013/03/27/miami-dolphins-adding-white-face-masks-to-uniform-identity-for-first-time-in-team-history/

Apparently though the Phins will have WHITE facemasks.

Rudy
03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
At least I'm not alone in not liking it.

JBHuskers
03-28-2013, 08:45 PM
At least I'm not alone in not liking it.

It has no character.

steelerfan
03-29-2013, 03:16 PM
ESPN SportsCenter - Cowboys reach agreement with QB Tony Romo on 6-year extension worth $108 million, Adam Schefter reports

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
03-29-2013, 03:38 PM
ESPN NFL - Tony Romo's deal worth $55 million guaranteed money, more than Joe Flacco's $52M guaranteed - Schefter

morsdraconis
03-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Holy hell. Thank you VERY much Cowboys for ensuring that your mediocrity continues for another half a decade. :nod:

NatureBoy
03-29-2013, 07:07 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/165454_520434151336611_1931763330_n.jpg

Rudy
03-30-2013, 04:47 AM
I do think Romo is under-appreciated. He's not elite and that's a LOT of money but I think you can easily win a Superbowl with him. I don't think Jerry Jones the GM can put together a great team though.

morsdraconis
03-30-2013, 08:43 AM
I do think Romo is under-appreciated. He's not elite and that's a LOT of money but I think you can easily win a Superbowl with him. I don't think Jerry Jones the GM can put together a great team though.

He's the epitome of the regular season QB. The dude has great regular season stats, but when it comes to trying to get to the playoffs, he constantly chokes in one way or another. Dallas has lost something like 7 or 8 straight December games that would have put them in the playoffs and pretty much every one of them has been a 3+ INT game from Romo.

JeffHCross
03-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Guaranteed money isn't as high, as it turns out, according to reports today. I heard one that said only 40 guaranteed.

Also, the contract is heavily back-loaded. Unless he plays until he's 39, it's not worth nearly as much as it sounds. But is the cap hit insanely high. It was like the first four years for $57 million.

Rudy
03-31-2013, 05:30 AM
Jerry Jones was really tight against the cap due to the penalties for "getting around a cap" that never existed. Still can't believe the Cowboys and Redskins got penalized for that. Violating the spirit of the cap my ass. That's what an uncapped year is and the no-balls NFLPA agreed to it.

steelerfan
03-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Jerry Jones was really tight against the cap due to the penalties for "getting around a cap" that never existed. Still can't believe the Cowboys and Redskins got penalized for that. Violating the spirit of the cap my ass. That's what an uncapped year is and the no-balls NFLPA agreed to it.

I don't want to debate a dead issue, but I don't see what's hard to understand. It's not like they were one year deals. They were front-loaded contracts designed to pay the same amount for a player over the length of the deal but with a disproportionate chunk coming in the uncapped year. They knew the cap was coming back and used it as a way to sign players that they wouldn't be able to if there was a cap.

If they were one year deals I'd agree with you completely.

morsdraconis
03-31-2013, 02:36 PM
I don't want to debate a dead issue, but I don't see what's hard to understand. It's not like they were one year deals. They were front-loaded contracts designed to pay the same amount for a player over the length of the deal but with a disproportionate chunk coming in the uncapped year. They knew the cap was coming back and used it as a way to sign players that they wouldn't be able to if there was a cap.

It wasn't the fact that they did it, it was the fact that there was a secret meeting held between all the owners that basically said don't spend more money than an imaginary limit during the uncapped year. What owners did was collude into not paying players because you have scumbag owners that don't want to spend money on their NFL team and, instead, want to pocket money shared from teams like the Cowboys and Redskins (teams that basically print money) that actually spend money to make their franchises more profitable.

Supposedly, the Cowboys and Redskins violated the "spirit of the game" by doing what they did. I call bullshit and so are the Redskins, in a court of law where they're going to nail Mara's piece of shit ass to the wall.

Rudy
03-31-2013, 04:17 PM

I don't care. Everyone knows exactly what they did and why they did it. I don't care that it violated the spirit of the cap - there was NO cap that year. No rule was violated. I think the Cowboys and Redskins were smart to do it and that was one of the things that was putting pressure on the owners to get a deal done. NFL owners had other protections built in like free agency jumping from 4 to 6 years. At the end of the day the uncapped year became capped through collusion. Sure a couple owners used it to spend more than other owners wanted to see. Other owners cut spending and made more money.

JeffHCross
03-31-2013, 06:30 PM
It bothers me because it was all for Haynesworth's lazy ass.

Rudy
03-31-2013, 07:45 PM

I have a hard time thinking of another player who got so lazy after getting rich in free agency. He has to be one of the worst free agent signings ever.

morsdraconis
03-31-2013, 07:55 PM

Well, it was all to get his lazy ass off the books faster. Shanahan even gave him a fair way to contribute and it still didn't work out. Only one player in the history of professional sports ranks up there with him and that's Dwight Howard (both want to be paid big bucks but refuse to put in the work necessary to be considered the best).

jaymo76
04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
With Flynn in Oakland and Palmer off to Arizona finally the Raiders can get the rebuilding phase off the ground... I hope.

JBHuskers
04-05-2013, 12:33 PM
According to reports, four current *** NFL players are thinking about all coming out on the same day. Good. They should be afraid to express who they are. Regardless of their job.

morsdraconis
04-05-2013, 01:24 PM
According to reports, four current *** NFL players are thinking about all coming out on the same day. Good. They shouldn't be afraid to express who they are. Regardless of their job.

I'm hoping that's what you meant instead.

steelerfan
04-05-2013, 01:58 PM

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
04-05-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm hoping that's what you meant instead.

Yes :D oops.

GatorfanStovy
04-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Sf extends Anthony Davis OL men for 5 years 34.5 millions somewhere in that line.

jaymo76
04-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Raiders have now dropped McClain, Heyward-Bey, and Huff. The house cleaning continues but this is exactly what they need to do; clean house and rebuild from the ground up.

Rudy
04-07-2013, 05:07 AM
With that kind of drafting (all Top 10 picks dumped) nothing will help this franchise. I know it's a new GM but you just can't miss on those guys that badly. They weren't horrible players but Heyward-Bey was a real reach. Way too raw but had that speed Al Davis loved.

Every draft expert out there loves the African kid Ansah from BYU. Why? Because he had good combine numbers? He's the definition of raw only getting 4.5 sacks last year at BYU. He didn't even perform that well at a smaller school. I'd be shocked if he goes in the first half of the first round. He doesn't deserve to be a first round pick. There will be a long learning curve for him when he gets to the NFL. He's too risky as a high pick imo. He got two sacks in the senior bowl game but everyone said he was nothing in practice which is what coaches look at. The Dolphins better not draft this kid unless it's in round two.

ryby6969
04-07-2013, 08:41 AM
With that kind of drafting (all Top 10 picks dumped) nothing will help this franchise. I know it's a new GM but you just can't miss on those guys that badly. They weren't horrible players but Heyward-Bey was a real reach. Way too raw but had that speed Al Davis loved.

Every draft expert out there loves the African kid Ansah from BYU. Why? Because he had good combine numbers? He's the definition of raw only getting 4.5 sacks last year at BYU. He didn't even perform that well at a smaller school. I'd be shocked if he goes in the first half of the first round. He doesn't deserve to be a first round pick. There will be a long learning curve for him when he gets to the NFL. He's too risky as a high pick imo. He got two sacks in the senior bowl game but everyone said he was nothing in practice which is what coaches look at. The Dolphins better not draft this kid unless it's in round two.
He is being talked about because of potential, just like the season when JPP was drafted. Similar build and everything. JPP was not even the best pass rusher on that USF team as Selvie had a better career up to that point but was injured so JPP stepped up and showed flashes.

The NFL is all about potential now. If a player does not have the physical specs to be All-world, someone that does will likely go ahead of him with just half the production. Hell, Patterson only has one season of production at WR at a big time school and he is considered the best WR in the draft because of his potential. I think it is the main reason there are so many "busts" now.

JBHuskers
04-16-2013, 04:03 PM
RIP Pat Summerall. One of the great broadcasters.

SmoothPancakes
04-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Season schedule being released right now. Baltimore at Denver, first Thursday night game of the year. A chance to get revenge on those sons of bitches right away to start the season.

JBHuskers
04-18-2013, 07:09 PM
The NFL is god. I'm watching a show ABOUT THE SCHEDULE RELEASE :D

JBHuskers
04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Do you believe in miracles????

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Al-Michaels-2.jpg

ram29jackson
04-24-2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/media/lib/1/7/a/d/7ad899a0-95bd-43ba-ba9a-d17af614de4a/Story.jpg

Rudy
04-24-2013, 04:01 PM
I wasn't a fan of the new Dolphins logo but I like the new uniforms.

JBHuskers
04-24-2013, 06:30 PM
I like the shield patch for the Jags.

JBHuskers
04-24-2013, 08:03 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/390982_453781218036164_20951451_n_zpsd70a2afe.png

Rudy
04-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Nice!

Rudy
04-24-2013, 08:41 PM
We'll get a better look at Miami's uniforms soon but these were the leaked pics. Some fans don't like them but I do. I was hoping for throwbacks but that was shot to hell when they showed off the new logo.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e2017eea823b37970d-800wi

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e2017d430de478970c-800wi

gschwendt
04-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Needs more orange.

Rudy
04-24-2013, 08:47 PM
They removed the orange on purpose (for better or worse). The design is simple and sleek. I had hoped for 70s throwbacks but this is a nice modern design. Less busy than the Jags. I'm just so thankful the ugly collar they had last year is gone.

jaymo76
04-24-2013, 10:57 PM
I don't hate the new Dolphins jerseys... but I don't like them either. They just seem too bland. As for the new Jags unis... those may be a crime against humanity???

jaymo76
04-24-2013, 10:58 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/390982_453781218036164_20951451_n_zpsd70a2afe.png

:up:

JBHuskers
04-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Bears are targeting Te'o.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Rudy
04-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Some better pics of the Dolphins uniforms. Official unveil.

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/us-football/stories/2013/04/dolphins-jersey-reveal

http://www.nike.com/content/dam/one-nike/en_us/season-2013-su/US%20Football/Dplphins%20Story%20Page/1_Dolphins_Jersey_940x640.jpg.dimg/940x640q80.jpeg

http://www.nike.com/content/dam/one-nike/en_us/season-2013-su/US%20Football/Dplphins%20Story%20Page/5_Dolphins_Jersey_940x640.jpg.dimg/940x640q80.jpeg

http://www.nike.com/content/dam/one-nike/en_us/season-2013-su/US%20Football/Dplphins%20Story%20Page/6_Dolphins_Jersey_940x640.jpg.dimg/940x640q80.jpeg

http://www.nike.com/content/dam/one-nike/en_us/season-2013-su/US%20Football/Dplphins%20Story%20Page/8_Dolphins_Jersey_620x460.jpg.dimg/620x460q80.jpeg

steelerfan
04-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Those aren't so bad. The logo is still *** as hell, but the unis have a clean look.

morsdraconis
04-26-2013, 04:37 AM
I really don't get this fad of having the fuckin' logo on the hands. That's dumb as shit and REALLY needs to stop.

Rudy
04-26-2013, 05:15 AM
It's a fad. The colleges started it and it has spread into the NFL.

Escobar
04-27-2013, 02:00 AM
From people throwing up the dynasty sign. They were going to do it anyway, so the NCAA decided to cash in and put the logos on the inside since you were going to see the palms anyway.
Same thing with the "cooking" celebration. Lil' B started a dance called cooking out in Cali, then it spread nationwide once players started doing the celebration after every single touchdown. The companies would make a virtual spoon that would appear every celebration if they could.

Rudy
04-27-2013, 06:41 AM
Barkley and Nassib still there. A couple good DL and Franklin at RB also available. Patton at WR would be a nice pick too. Dolphins have two picks in early 4th and we are set up nice.

steelerfan
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Jets released Tebow.

JeffHCross
04-29-2013, 09:14 AM
It's a fad. The colleges started it and it has spread into the NFL.By "colleges" you mean Nike.

Still hilarious that Ohio State players got flagged for gang signs when they did it

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Mathieu's deal has no guaranteed money, and random drug tests. That's smart with a potential high payoff. As much as I've dogged him, I'm not rooting for him to fail. He's gotta quit being a dumbass immediately.

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Jets released Tebow.

That was pretty well expected the moment they drafted Geno Smith.

steelerfan
04-29-2013, 12:37 PM
That was pretty well expected the moment they drafted Geno Smith.

Of course.

I just wanted to post that picture again. ;)

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Of course.

I just wanted to post that picture again. ;)

Oh that's fine with me. That picture cracks me up. :D

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/tebowing_zps574bb2df.jpg

steelerfan
04-29-2013, 01:18 PM

JeffHCross
04-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Why would you flip the picture in the top left? :dunno:

(The things I notice)

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Exactly why I hate ESPN more and more. During Sportscenter earlier, the top 8 stories to start the show.

- Breaking News
- Jets Release Tim Tebow
- Tebow Released
- Tebow's Future
- Jets' QB Situation
- More on Tebow Release
- Superman Ejected
- *Photo of Tebow* Released By Jets

I'm glad ESPN decided to break up the news of the Jets releasing their 3rd/4th string QB to tell us that a basketball player on a team that got swept 1st round was ejected last night.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Tebow's Future.

That's easy. Fucking suck it up, realize you're not an NFL QB, and becoming a HB or TE. Otherwise, go be a motivational speaker cuz you're done in the NFL.

CLW
04-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Tebow's Future.

That's easy. Fucking suck it up, realize you're not an NFL QB, and becoming a HB or TE. Otherwise, go be a motivational speaker cuz you're done in the NFL.

Look is Tebow Brady; Manning; Brees. No. However, is he better than SEVERAL team's starting QBs? Yes. (by my count he's better than 11 starting QBs as of the end of last season)

I mean he took an AWFUL team (1-4 if memory serves correctly) to the playoffs winning a Wild Card game. I knew this was going to be the result when he chose the Jets. It's sad b/c I think the kid could play pretty well at QB IF he had a staff willing to use his talents/skills to the max.

morsdraconis
04-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Look is Tebow Brady; Manning; Brees. No. However, is he better than SEVERAL team's starting QBs? Yes. (by my count he's better than 11 starting QBs as of the end of last season)

I mean he took an AWFUL team (1-4 if memory serves correctly) to the playoffs winning a Wild Card game. I knew this was going to be the result when he chose the Jets. It's sad b/c I think the kid could play pretty well at QB IF he had a staff willing to use his talents/skills to the max.

His NFL career is over unless he switches to another position. The Jets tried to trade him and NO ONE was interested in even giving them a freakin' 7th round pick for the guy. He's done at QB. He shows nothing in practice (reports from Denver as well as from New York have said as much) and, in the three seasons he's been in the NFL, he's not developed as a passer one bit. He's finished as a QB in this league. His only prayer now is to go to the Canadian league, light it up there, and show some sign of being semi-competent as a NFL player.

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Thank god Denver got rid of him while there was potential. Denver easily came out ahead in that trade, courtesy of the 4th and 6th round picks, and $2.53 million over two years of a salary advance that Tebow was due.

Escobar
04-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Tebow's career is definitely over as a QB. There are several QB's who were better passers but forced to move positions in the NFL w/o even being given the chance to play QB. I hate that they talk about this H-Back so much, when all of his college records were destroyed by Cam, then the next by Manziel.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 04:52 PM

No way he can sustain that when he was 33rd in pass completion % that year. Yes, a backup had enough passes to qualify and beat Tebow.

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Tebow may have been the quarterback, but it wasn't him singlehandedly who took Denver to the playoffs that year, of course Tebow's the only name mentioned. Lets see, 126-271 passing for 46.5%, a whopping 1,729 yards passing, 12 TDs, 6 INTS and 7 fumbles. Rushing, he had 660 yards, 6 touchdowns and 6 fumbles on 122 carries, for an average of 5.4 yards/carry. 18 touchdowns, 6 INTS, 13 fumbles. Yeah, not many teams are going to give that a chance.

Lets go through the list.

Week 5- San Diego - Lost 29-24. Trailed 26-10 midway through the fourth quarter, only points coming from Prater and an INT return. Tebow did rush and throw for a TD, but it was too little, too late. Tebow: 4/10, 79 yards, 1 TD, 38 yards rushing, 1 TD.

Week 7 - Miami - Losing 15-0 after three quarters, Tebow throws 2 TDs. Prater wins it with a FG in overtime. Tebow: 13/27, 161 yards, 2 TDs, 1 fumble.

Week 8 - Detroit - Lost 45-10. Tebow: 18/39, 172 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 fumbles, 1 lost.

Week 9 - Oakland - Tebow through two TDs, but were still losing 24-14 until McGahee scored with 60 and 24 yard TD rushes and Royal returned a punt 85 yards. Tebow: 10/21, 124 yards, 2 TD, 118 yards rushing.

Week 10 - Kansas City - Tebow actually did win this one, throwing and rushing for a TD. Tebow: 2/8, 69 yards, 1 TD, 43 yards rushing, 1 TD.

Week 11 - New York Jets - A 20 yard TD rush by Tebow with one minute left gets the win, but it took an INT return just to be tied originally, otherwise Denver loses 13-10 instead of wins 17-13. Tebow: 9/20, 104 yards, 0 TD/INT, 68 yards rushing, 1 TD.

Week 12 - San Diego - Tebow threw a TD at the end of the second quarter, but that was it. San Diego led 13-7 until Prater kicked three straight field goals. Tebow: 9/18, 143 yards, 1 TD, 67 yards rushing, 1 fumble.

Week 13 - Minnesota - Two Tebow touchdowns in the third quarter kept Denver in it, but it was a McGahee touchdown and two Prater field goals that won it in the fourth quarter. Tebow: 10/15, 202 yards, 2 TD, 13 yards rushing, 1 fumble, 1 lost.

Week 14 - Chicago - Barber won the game for Denver, going out of bounds in regulation to keep the clock from being run out, and fumbling in field goal range in overtime. Prater also kicked the game-tying and game winning field goals. Tebow: 21/40, 236 yards, 1 TD, 49 yards rushing, 1 fumble, 1 lost.

Week 15 - New England - Lost 41-23. Tebow did score twice, but it didn't matter as the Pats ran wild. Tebow: 11/22, 198 yards, 0 TD/INT, 93 yards rushing, 2 TD, 2 fumbles, 1 lost.

Week 16 - Buffalo - Lost 40-14. Tebow threw and ran for one TD, but again, it didn't matter as the lowly Bills won with ease, thanks in part to 3 INTs. Tebow: 13/29, 185 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 34 yards rushing, 2 fumbles, 1 lost.

Week 17 - Kansas City - Lost 7-3. Tebow was horrible, only points came thanks to Prater in the 3rd quarter. Tebow: 6/22, 60 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 16 yards rushing, 1 fumble, 1 lost.

Wild Card - Pittsburgh - Tebow did manage to throw a TD pass and run for a score during regulation, but it was Prater who bailed Denver's ass out with three field goals in the second and fourth quarters. Tebow threw the big pass to open the OT period, but that was a result of a total failure in coverage by the Steelers defense and Ike Taylor specifically, allowing Thomas to make the play happen, on a play action pass from Tebow that was high to begin with. Tebow: 10/21, 316 yards, 2 TD, 50 yards rushing, 1 TD.

Divisional - New England - Lost 45-10. Tebow did nothing. Only points came from McGahee and Prater. Tebow: 9/26, 136 yards, 0 TD/INT, 13 yards rushing, 1 fumble, 1 lost.

So, did Tebow win some games for Denver? Yes, he did. But it wasn't all Tebow that year. Prater had a huge hand with some big time field goals. McGahee's rushing, Royal's kickoff and punt returning, the defense especially keeping Denver's asses even in half the games while the offense was sucking ass for 3 1/2 quarters. He had nearly as many fumbles as he did total touchdowns, to go along with 6 INTS. A player fumbling the ball 13 times over 14 games isn't going to be trusted with the ball. A QB throwing for less than 100 yards three times in one season isn't going to be given the reigns that often.

Just look at KC last year. Matt Cassel threw for less than 100 yards twice last season. 92 yards in a 9-6 loss to Baltimore on October 7th, he was benched for the next two games. Threw for 93 yards in a 28-6 loss to Cincinnati on November 18th, he was benched for the rest of the season, replaced by freaking Brady Quinn. If you expand it up to 150 yards, 7 of his 14 games, he ended with less than 150 yards passing, and came close to that in two other games. So many games throwing for less than 150 yards, throwing for less than 50% completions, fumbling the ball repeatedly.

Teams would rather roll with a QB who at least can be even slightly consistent and hold onto the ball than someone who is going to fumble nearly every game and god only knows if you're going to get 60 yards, 150 yards or 300 yards passing from him (which only 3 times did he ever cross the 200 yard passing threshold, and only one actually see 300 yards passing, out of 14 games played in 2011). Teams just are not going to take a chance on Tebow anymore. He's had his chances at QB. Teams will either settle for what they have now, find a QB who has at least proven something of themselves in free agency or draft one. Tebow is nothing more these days than a publicity stunt sideshow and a niche QB good for only Wildcat formations. He will never make it in the league as a passing-first QB. The fact that not a single team wanted to give up so little as a single 7th round draft pick pretty much proves that.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
So back to my original point. Tebow is a shitty QB :nod: :D

steelerfan
04-29-2013, 06:25 PM
I, obviously, agree that Tebow is crap.

To be fair though, most teams won't trade (even a 7th) for a player they believe is going to be released. Why would they? You approach him on the FA market (without losing a pick) and can sign him under your own terms (not taking on someone else's contract).

Unless someone believes the player is very valuable, or will draw alot of interest, there is NO reason to trade for them.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
IIRC, going into 2012, only TWO teams were interested in Tebow. Jets and Jaguars. Going into 2013, only ZERO teams are interested (as a QB)...several teams did inquire about a trade with the Jets if he considered a position change.

Rudy
04-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Tebow has to be in the right system - a read option system that runs him to be successful. He's a gamer. His presence in the backfield opens up a running game by forcing the defence to account for him in the running game. It's a much bigger factor for McGahee's success two years ago than his critics give him credit for.

Is Tebow good enough to win a Superbowl? I don't think so which is why teams aren't giving him a shot. He's a lousy backup if you don't run that system and he's a media distraction. I love how NFL head coaches always tell their players to not worry about that stuff and then go out of their way to hide and protect their players like they are two year olds.

I think he would really struggle in the CFL myself. Mobile QBs do have an advantage but QBs need to be quick decision makers that are accurate to be successful in the CFL. You can get away with being short or having a weak arm but you have to be accurate when you are forced to throw all the time. Tebow wouldn't be able to pound the rock in the CFL and I think it would hurt him. That league promotes speed over power. Ricky Williams never lit it up there either because that game isn't suited to his skills. I honestly think Tebow would be more successful in the NFL than CFL.

steelerfan
04-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Btw, the 46.5% completions made me think of the 46.4% that this guy completed in 1987.

Christ, that was a miserable time to be a Steelers fan. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
04-29-2013, 07:06 PM
I, obviously, agree that Tebow is crap.

To be fair though, most teams won't trade (even a 7th) for a player they believe is going to be released. Why would they? You approach him on the FA market (without losing a pick) and can sign him under your own terms (not taking on someone else's contract).

Unless someone believes the player is very valuable, or will draw alot of interest, there is NO reason to trade for them.

Very true. I know the Jets were shopping him around like mad, and no one was biting. We'll find out soon enough if somebody is going to pick him up as a QB, as he refuses to change positions.

IIRC, going into 2012, only TWO teams were interested in Tebow. Jets and Jaguars. Going into 2013, only ZERO teams are interested (as a QB)...several teams did inquire about a trade with the Jets if he considered a position change.

Yep, Jets and Jaguars were the only teams to make any sort of inquiry or offer on Tebow in 2012. No one else wanted anything to do with him. Basically, right now, Jaguars are about the only place I can see him going, and even then, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags do it partly for the media show and financial gains due to fans buying tickets to watch Tebow in his backyard.

And yep, there were multiple teams contacting the Jets about a trade, if Tebow would move to RB or TE. Tebow refuses to play anything other than QB, and that is going to be the death of his career.

Tebow has to be in the right system - a read option system that runs him to be successful. He's a gamer. His presence in the backfield opens up a running game by forcing the defence to account for him in the running game. It's a much bigger factor for McGahee's success two years ago than his critics give him credit for.

Is Tebow good enough to win a Superbowl? I don't think so which is why teams aren't giving him a shot. He's a lousy backup if you don't run that system and he's a media distraction. I love how NFL head coaches always tell their players to not worry about that stuff and then go out of their way to hide and protect their players like they are two year olds.

I think he would really struggle in the CFL myself. Mobile QBs do have an advantage but QBs need to be quick decision makers that are accurate to be successful in the CFL. You can get away with being short or having a weak arm but you have to be accurate when you are forced to throw all the time. Tebow wouldn't be able to pound the rock in the CFL and I think it would hurt him. That league promotes speed over power. Ricky Williams never lit it up there either because that game isn't suited to his skills. I honestly think Tebow would be more successful in the NFL than CFL.

Yep, teams aren't going to up and change their system just to make something work for Tebow. And coaches and GMs are going to give Tebow a serious chance at QB when their jobs and asses are on the line. To completely change up the system to make it work for Tebow, you're looking at likely multiple seasons to successfully transform 100%, between multiple years of contracts expiring of current players, trades, free agent signings and drafting the players for the system. By then, the team will probably have sucked for multiple years and both the coach and GM will be getting shown the door. No coach or GM is going to take that chance.

Now, while I'm tired as all hell of hearing about Tebow on ESPN, do I want to see him fail? No. Would it be nice to see him actually have true success for a change? Yes. But that is not going to happen at QB, plain and simple. If he wants to be a QB, he's going to be a career backup/3rd-stringer like Brady Quinn and so many others. Teams are not going to take the chances, nor give him the chances, as a starting QB. Multiple teams expressed interest in trading for him if he would switch to RB or TE. He might not be a great player at RB or TE, but he would most likely be better than QB, and that's where teams are willing to give him the chance. But he refuses to switch. He may not think his career as a QB in the NFL is over, but it is in the eyes of the 32 teams in the league. If he doesn't become willing to switch to RB or TE in the future, teams are not going to bother taking any chances on him and he's eventually going to fade out of the NFL as an unsigned free agent.

psusnoop
04-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah Tim is no QB in the NFL. I'm sorry CLW but I'm intrigued at the 11 QB's you think he is better then. I'm struggling trying to find the first couple.

I think Tim would make a great H-Back in the NFL, you could run a couple of decent packages for him while not ruffling the egos of the entire offense. Just my 2 cents.

Rudy
04-30-2013, 04:44 AM
Yeah Tim is no QB in the NFL. I'm sorry CLW but I'm intrigued at the 11 QB's you think he is better then. I'm struggling trying to find the first couple.

I think Tim would make a great H-Back in the NFL, you could run a couple of decent packages for him while not ruffling the egos of the entire offense. Just my 2 cents.

I would say Tebow was significantly better than any Arizona QB last year although you can debate Kolb. Man Arizona was awful last year on offense. I think you could make the argument that he's better than Gabbert or a guy like Henne. But that's not good enough. The point is to find a QB who can win you a Superbowl and there aren't any GMs that feel that way about Tebow so they won't bother with him anymore.

There are only three teams that I think may give him a shot or should give him a shot.
1) New England since Josh McDaniels is there and they may work on some unique packages with him. But that also means taking Brady off the field for Tebow potentially and that isn't going to go over well.
2) Philadelphia with Chip Kelly. But Chip prefers a fast QB that is a threat to run. He doesn't want his QB running a lot and Tebow isn't the type of QB he had at Oregon. Just trading up for Matt Barkley shows he cares more about accuracy and with Vick, Foles and Barkley there really isn't any room for him either.
3) Jacksonville just to sell tickets. But the GM already said he has zero interest.

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Manti-Teo.jpg

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Geno Smith fires agent because he fell down to the 39th pick. :fp: everybody's fault but your own.

morsdraconis
04-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Geno Smith fires agent because he fell down to the 39th pick. :fp: everybody's fault but your own.

:smh:

His agent was the one telling him he'd go in the top 15. It's his agent's responsibility to not lie to his client like that. I'd fire the motherfucker as well.

CLW
04-30-2013, 03:27 PM

The Jets just cut their best QB. May they enjoy butt fumbles and basket cases for the next 5+ years.

souljahbill
04-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Did Geno come out early? If so, then Geno maybe has a case. If not, then there's nothing his agent could have done about the stock slide. People just didn't think Geno brought enough to the table to draft early. Shit happens.

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 03:37 PM
The Jets just cut their best QB. May they enjoy butt fumbles and basket cases for the next 5+ years.

Geno Smith didn't get cut. ;)

gschwendt
04-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Greg McElroy didn't get cut... David Garrard didn't get cut... Matt Simms didn't get cut... Jeremy Kerley didn't get cut (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6I2tjVQ7Ck)...

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Anyone who says Tebow was their best QB needs their head examined. :D

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 06:15 PM
^^^ comes from a guy who's team Tebow took to the playoffs....had a good kicker and defense despite Tebow at QB and made it to the playoffs.

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2013, 06:56 PM
And Justin Blackmon continues down the path to being a Top 5 draft pick bust.

Deuce
04-30-2013, 06:59 PM
And Justin Blackmon continues down the path to being a Top 5 draft pick bust.

:fp: I really hope he gets his shit together. I hate seeing great talent wasted.

Rudy
04-30-2013, 08:32 PM
:fp: I really hope he gets his shit together. I hate seeing great talent wasted.

Charles Rogers agrees. The Lions are so stupid. They put a big clause in his contract if he did drugs. If you are that worried don't draft the guy! Buyer beware!

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2013, 03:56 AM

Beef offer Tim Tebow a contract

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13200/tim-tebow) if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets), the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.

Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.
Tebow went unclaimed on NFL waivers Tuesday.

The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9228241/omaha-beef-indoor-team-offers-tim-tebow-contract

Tebow getting trolled by an indoor football player. That is hilarious. :D

psusnoop
05-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Anyone who says Tebow was their best QB needs their head examined. :D

:+1:

psusnoop
05-01-2013, 06:35 AM

I do kind of want to see the 11 QB's that you think are worse then Tim Tebow CLW? Care to share those? I've spent 2 days here trying to figure this out and I'm struggling with it.

JBHuskers
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9228241/omaha-beef-indoor-team-offers-tim-tebow-contract

Tebow getting trolled by an indoor football player. That is hilarious. :D

I find that hilarious that it made national news.

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I find that hilarious that it made national news.

It involves Tebow. What did you expect? Anything with Tebow's name involved, ESPN firmly attaches their lips.

JBHuskers
05-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Yahoo reports that Geno Smith ignored coaches on pre-draft visits to spend time on his cell phone.

Yet he fired his agent for getting drafted in the 2nd round :D

Rudy
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I wonder if Dallas will sign Tebow. Jerry loves attention and a media circus! Heck, he just told the world he thinks Romo, needs to work harder. Enough fans boo the guy let's give them another reason! Nothing like trying to deflect the fact you gave him a $17M per year extension with tons of guarantees. SMH.

Cleveland is a team that could add Tebow. Nobody cares about the Browns and they don't even like their QBs.

CLW
05-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I do kind of want to see the 11 QB's that you think are worse then Tim Tebow CLW? Care to share those? I've spent 2 days here trying to figure this out and I'm struggling with it.

List of end of season starting QBs that are worse than Tebow in no particular order:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Ryan Tannehill
Mark Sanchez
Thaddeus Lewis
Chad Henne
Jake Locker
Brady Quinn
Terrelle Pryor
Christian Ponder
Brian Hoyer
Josh Freeman

*Note had Foles not been injured it would have been 12 and I'm not entirely sure Tebow isn't better than Vick due to Vick's inability to stay on the field for an entire season.

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2013, 05:04 PM
List of end of season starting QBs that are worse than Tebow in no particular order:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Ryan Tannehill
Mark Sanchez
Thaddeus Lewis
Chad Henne
Jake Locker
Brady Quinn
Terrelle Pryor
Christian Ponder
Brian Hoyer
Josh Freeman

*Note had Foles not been injured it would have been 12 and I'm not entirely sure Tebow isn't better than Vick due to Vick's inability to stay on the field for an entire season.

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Disagree
Ryan Tannehill - Disagree
Mark Sanchez - You have a case
Thaddeus Lewis - You have a case
Chad Henne - Disagree
Jake Locker - Disagree
Brady Quinn - Possibly
Terrelle Pryor - I have to agree with that one
Christian Ponder - Disagree
Brian Hoyer - Possibly
Josh Freeman - Possibly

In regards to Foles or Vick, for me their ability or inability to stay on the field doesn't matter to me. I'm just looking at solely their QB abilities.

psusnoop
05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick - Disagree
Ryan Tannehill - Disagree
Mark Sanchez - You have a case
Thaddeus Lewis - You have a case
Chad Henne - Disagree
Jake Locker - Disagree
Brady Quinn - Possibly
Terrelle Pryor - I have to agree with that one
Christian Ponder - Disagree
Brian Hoyer - Possibly
Josh Freeman - Possibly

In regards to Foles or Vick, for me their ability or inability to stay on the field doesn't matter to me. I'm just looking at solely their QB abilities.

I agree with you there smooth though Josh Freeman is better the Tebow.

LeeSO
05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Yahoo reports that Geno Smith ignored coaches on pre-draft visits to spend time on his cell phone.

Yet he fired his agent for getting drafted in the 2nd round :D

$10 says he hires Jay Z to represent him.

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
I agree with you there smooth though Josh Freeman is better the Tebow.

Yeah, true. Josh Freeman has had his ups and downs, but if I was a coach or GM, yeah, I'd go with Freeman over Tebow.

steelerfan
05-01-2013, 09:56 PM
About a half a dozen of those guys are backups anyway. Just cause they started Week 17, it doesn't mean they're the starter.

JBHuskers
05-02-2013, 02:35 PM
If you think Vick is over the hill, he out ran McCoy at practice in a race.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9235814/michael-vick-outruns-lesean-mccoy-challenge-philadelphia-eagles-practice

ram29jackson
05-03-2013, 04:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCJPTW5-Q60

CLW
05-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Looks like that "racist" scout that said Geno Smith was a basket case and had attitude issues may prove to be ahead of the curve.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9239609/geno-smith-new-york-jets-remains-spotlight-all-wrong-reasons

ram29jackson
05-03-2013, 06:14 PM
If you think Vick is over the hill, he out ran McCoy at practice in a race.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9235814/michael-vick-outruns-lesean-mccoy-challenge-philadelphia-eagles-practice

he still doesn't throw that good, I don't care how fast he is when not getting hit. Its meaningless...except in the Madden world

Rudy
05-03-2013, 11:17 PM
he still doesn't throw that good, I don't care how fast he is when not getting hit. Its meaningless...except in the Madden world

Vick throws a great ball. His problem is he takes too long to make decisions. That leads to too many sacks and turnovers. But his arm is strong and he's pretty accurate. He's not a liability with his arm in any way IMO. It's his decision making.

ram29jackson
05-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Vick throws a great ball. His problem is he takes too long to make decisions. That leads to too many sacks and turnovers. But his arm is strong and he's pretty accurate. He's not a liability with his arm in any way IMO. It's his decision making.

which ultimately means he doesn't throw that good like I said LOL its not going to change,its not going to improve. His best days are behind him. He's a great highlight here and there but nothing more for a deep playoff run. He's the greatest back up QB in the country but that's where it ends

Rudy
05-04-2013, 05:41 PM
That's not the same argument though. You can have a RB that is the fastest guy in the league but if he's so clueless as to how to read holes and only averages 3.7 ypc that doesn't mean he has bad legs or is slow. It just means he has no instincts. You can't say Vick has a bad arm because his brain doesn't know how to use it like Aaron Rodgers. He has a great arm. Akili Smith had a great arm too.

ram29jackson
05-04-2013, 08:12 PM
That's not the same argument though. You can have a RB that is the fastest guy in the league but if he's so clueless as to how to read holes and only averages 3.7 ypc that doesn't mean he has bad legs or is slow. It just means he has no instincts. You can't say Vick has a bad arm because his brain doesn't know how to use it like Aaron Rodgers. He has a great arm. Akili Smith had a great arm too.

yes you can and I did :D

the arm is useless and pointless without being a decent play caller and all other things that go with being a decent to great QB.

Vick reached and passed his high point. He can go home and outrun his kids if he wants but he's nothing more than an average QB from here on in no matter how far he can throw...or run :P

i'm a fan and all but from a hardcore business level he is just a really good insurance back up now. You still want a starter with less mileage and more promise. He's better off if he became a back up in SF or Seattle or GB so he can get a ring because he wont lead anyone there.

...or a back up in Atlanta again.....:drool:

ram29jackson
05-04-2013, 08:15 PM

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Ryan Tannehill
Mark Sanchez
Thaddeus Lewis
Chad Henne
Jake Locker
Brady Quinn
Terrelle Pryor
Christian Ponder
Brian Hoyer
Josh Freeman

no, Josh Freeman is not under a Tebow in any way LOL....not yet

gschwendt
05-07-2013, 09:54 PM

SmoothPancakes
05-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Damn, beat me to it. :D Man, what a loser Titus Young has turned into. Completely pissing away his career.

JBHuskers
05-07-2013, 10:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU_EMA87Fv8

Rudy
05-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Damn, beat me to it. :D Man, what a loser Titus Young has turned into. Completely pissing away his career.

And the sad part is he doesn't even realize it.

SmoothPancakes
05-08-2013, 07:54 AM
The All-Time NFL Prison Team:

QB- Mike Vick
RB- OJ Simpson
FB- Chuck Muncie
WR1- Plaxico Burress
WR2- Donte Stallworth, Kenny Britt and Rae Carruth
TE- Mark Chamura
OT- Andre Smith
OG- Richard Incognito
C- Barret Robins
OG- Nate Newton
OT- Kwame Harris

Defense:
DE- Leonard Little
DT- Tank Johnson
DT- Johnny Jolly
DE- Dexter Manley
LB- Lawerence Taylor
LB- Odell Thurman
LB- Hollywood Henderson
CB- Darryl Henley
CB- Pacman Jones
CB- Dwayne Goodrich
FS- Eugene Robinson

Special Teams:
Punter- Pat McAfee
Kicker- Sebastion Janikowski
Returner- Dave Meggett

Coaches:
HC and OC- Tom Cable
DC- Jerry Sandusky
ST- Oscar Pistorious

Owner- Jimmy Haslam (in a year)

Announcer- Al Michaels
Beat Writer- Jay Mariotti

Leavenworth, Kansas
Uniforms- 1934 Steelers

JBHuskers
05-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I think this should be a Madden Ultimate Team Collection.

CLW
05-08-2013, 01:45 PM
I think this should be a Madden Ultimate Team Collection.

:nod: although we'd have better luck with EA getting to put back in the discipline feature into the NCAA series with probation; death penalty; etc...

LeeSO
05-09-2013, 06:09 PM
$10 says he hires Jay Z to represent him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168277/article/jayzs-company-reportedly-pitches-to-rep-geno-smith

Rudy
05-10-2013, 05:15 AM
I don't know why Jay-Z is so desperate to get into the agent business. It's not big money unless you become one of the big boys. You make the most money off the endorsement deals and not the actual NFL contracts. Maybe with his connections he gets to become a big player but he has to prove he can do a good job yet. I hope these players learn from Ricky Williams who dropped Andrew Brandt for a rapper Master P and signed a horrible contract.

JBHuskers
05-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Well it's not like he needs money either. It's just something for him to do.

SmoothPancakes
05-12-2013, 06:59 PM
What a dumbass. :fp:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9267427/ex-detroit-lions-receiver-titus-young-arrested-third-week

Authorities say former Detroit Lions (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions) wide receiver Titus Young (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14034/titus-young) has been arrested in California for the third time in a week.

Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Joe Balicki says the 23-year-old Young was arrested late Friday in San Clemente for allegedly breaking into a home.

Balicki says Young fought with deputies after a foot chase. He has been charged with attempted burglary, assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. He is in custody Sunday on $75,000 bail.

steelerfan
05-12-2013, 07:09 PM
:D :fp:

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

CLW
05-12-2013, 07:42 PM
LMAO Titus Young's career is over The Commish has worked really hard to get rid of the National FELONS League stigma that was prevalent not that long ago.

Rudy
05-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Titus Young is a supreme loser.

Deuce
05-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Titus Young is a supreme loser.

:+1:

Such a waste.

Typed by thumbs.

morsdraconis
05-13-2013, 04:44 AM
It sucks too because I was really rootin' for the guy. He came from a troubled past but seemed like he'd finally gotten his shit straight in college, but, obviously, that was all a lie. :smh:

JBHuskers
05-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Holy shit. Just heard about the 3rd arrest. Wow, what a waste.

LeeSO
05-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Rolando McClain to retire.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9278165/rolando-mcclain-baltimore-ravens-retires-23

jaymo76
05-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Rolando McClain to retire.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9278165/rolando-mcclain-baltimore-ravens-retires-23

Retire??? As a Raider Nation member I was not aware he had ever started playing. What a bust! This year Oakland will be atrocious but at least they have been house cleaning and got rid of all the attitudes and over-priced "talent."

LeeSO
05-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Retire??? As a Raider Nation member I was not aware he had ever started playing. What a bust! This year Oakland will be atrocious but at least they have been house cleaning and got rid of all the attitudes and over-priced "talent."

"McClain can call it retiring, but it's not. It's a retirement when 37-year-old Ray Lewis decides to leave the game. When 23-year-olds walk away, it's quitting. Plain and simple." - ESPN AFC North Blogger Jamison Hensley

LeeSO
05-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Raiders sign KR specialist Josh Cribbs.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9278963/oakland-raiders-sign-josh-cribbs

CLW
05-15-2013, 08:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKWLt2oCYAI9d9E.jpg:large

jaymo76
05-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Raiders sign KR specialist Josh Cribbs.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9278963/oakland-raiders-sign-josh-cribbs

I personally like this addition. Good move Oakland!

CLW
05-16-2013, 01:14 PM
I personally like this addition. Good move Oakland!

Yeah he's also the best QB they have on the roster.

JBHuskers
05-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Yeah he's also the best QB they have on the roster.

JBHuskers
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
For those dying to see where Chris Kluwe was going to end up....Oakland.

CLW
05-16-2013, 06:47 PM
My new FAVORITE player of ALL-TIME:

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Breitbart-Sports/2013/05/16/Mathis%20Pissing%20on%20IRS.jpg
Evan Mathis

:nod:

SmoothPancakes
05-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Way to go and act like an uncivilized animal you dumbass. :fp:

LeeSO
05-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I feel for Titus Young if he really does have mental problems from a concussion.
http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/16/titus-young-oj-simpson-restraining-order/

JBHuskers
05-16-2013, 08:01 PM
My new FAVORITE player of ALL-TIME:

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Breitbart-Sports/2013/05/16/Mathis%20Pissing%20on%20IRS.jpg
Evan Mathis

:nod:

I don't see any piss stains. Pussy.

CLW
05-16-2013, 09:13 PM
I don't see any piss stains. Pussy.

Must have been taken prior to the wizz. In "unrelated" news, Mr. Mathis received a notice today that he has been audited. :nod:

skipwondah33
05-17-2013, 08:17 AM
I feel for Titus Young if he really does have mental problems from a concussion.
http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/16/titus-young-oj-simpson-restraining-order/He definitely does have issues man

People think these guys are immune to mental illnesses because their athletes

JBHuskers
05-17-2013, 12:18 PM
He definitely does have issues man

People think these guys are immune to mental illnesses because their athletes

But at the same time, he can't have his hand held 24/7. With a mental illness, you have to take the initiative to get better, not use it as a crutch.

skipwondah33
05-17-2013, 01:05 PM
But at the same time, he can't have his hand held 24/7. With a mental illness, you have to take the initiative to get better, not use it as a crutch.
Understand that, but if you don't think you have a problem then tough to get help. He likely thinks nothing is wrong with his actions or irrational behavior and it's everyone else who has the problem. That is typically how it is. And I have relatives who have dealt with similar as well as worked for an agency that was built around helping individuals with physical disabilities and mental disabilities/illnesses.

He will eventually come to realize that he needs it, hopefully it isn't too late though.

And I haven't heard him actually use it as a crutch, because I don't think he realizes he has a problem.

Liked this article that I read earlier today on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9279525/meaningful-discussion-athletes-mental-illness

steelerfan
05-17-2013, 01:30 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/16/titus-young-oj-simpson-restraining-order/

Sounds like daddy is just angling to sue the NFL.

CLW
05-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Sounds like daddy is just angling to sue the NFL.

Yeah I'm waiting for the token media article that its all the concussions/head trauma causing all the crimes from Titus.

SmoothPancakes
05-17-2013, 01:51 PM
And another NFL player arrested on drugs and weapons charges. :D They may as well just change the name to the National Convict League.

steelerfan
05-17-2013, 01:54 PM
And another NFL player arrested on drugs and weapons charges. :D They may as well just change the name to the National Convict League.

I'm sure it is concussion-related. Poor guy.

For clarity's sake, playing for the Jets is not really playing in the NFL though. ;)

ram29jackson
05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/content/2013/0425-business-dolphins/15638859-1-eng-US/0425-business-dolphins_full_600.jpg
http://blog.stack.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dolp1-629x419.jpg

the pants stripes
http://i.imgur.com/KAQWPZB.jpg

ram29jackson
05-17-2013, 02:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIjhODPCEAAKbZr.jpg

JBHuskers
05-17-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm sure it is concussion-related. Poor guy.

For clarity's sake, playing for the Jets is not really playing in the NFL though. ;)

I'm surprised playing for the Jets doesn't spur more crime.

ram29jackson
05-17-2013, 02:58 PM
HERE YA GO, have at it, Wonderlic test

http://www.nicholascreative.com/footballiq/index.php?reset=true

morsdraconis
05-17-2013, 03:46 PM

26 and I was doin' some other shit at the same time. (shrugs)

steelerfan
05-17-2013, 04:00 PM
ESPN NFL - Seahawks DE-OLB Bruce Irvin (8 sacks) suspended 4 games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances

morsdraconis
05-17-2013, 04:02 PM
ESPN NFL - Seahawks DE-OLB Bruce Irvin (8 sacks) suspended 4 games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances

Only a matter of time.

JBHuskers
05-17-2013, 04:07 PM

I took a rorschach test, and all I saw was :ram?:

CLW
05-17-2013, 04:08 PM

26 and I was doin' some other shit at the same time. (shrugs)

36. Damn math. :nod:

Rudy
05-17-2013, 05:59 PM
The Gronk might need back surgery. He was a walking injury in college and stayed just healthy enough in the NFL to get a fat payday. He's starting to look like a guy who will never be healthy again.

The Pats are ripe for Miami to take over this year!

ram29jackson
05-17-2013, 06:25 PM
ok , so..I got a 20 and a 23 on the Wonderlic and they only give you like 4 minutes to finish.

My understanding is the NFL guys get like 12 minutes for 50 questions...so, if my 23 is what Cam Newton got and I did it cold. That means he didn't remotely prepare for crap or pay any attention.

years ago I applied for a job and took this test. They said I did well in my following interview but I never asked what it was, I wish I had.

ram29jackson
05-18-2013, 03:48 PM
for those interested, Miami went much lighter

http://imageshack.us/a/img827/8074/m2013.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/m2013.png/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
http://imageshack.us/a/img94/8769/m2012.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/m2012.png/)

Rudy
05-18-2013, 05:09 PM
I still wish Miami went more throwback but I do like the sleek look. I need to see a full team out there in these things to get a good feel for the change.

ram29jackson
05-19-2013, 06:25 PM
thought for the day.

his sperm won 2 Super Bowls. That's pretty impressive.

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/7539/archiemanning19751005.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/archiemanning19751005.jpg/)

steelerfan
05-20-2013, 12:42 AM
thought for the day.

You're fucked up, bro.

souljahbill
05-20-2013, 05:05 AM
thought for the day.

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/7539/archiemanning19751005.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/archiemanning19751005.jpg/)

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 11:04 AM
My sperm wins the slam dunk contest every time.

JBHuskers
05-20-2013, 11:54 AM
According to ESPN, Calvin Johnson broke the single season receiving yards record previous held by Jerry Rice with TWO BROKEN FINGERS.

morsdraconis
05-20-2013, 01:35 PM
According to ESPN, Calvin Johnson broke the single season receiving yards record previous held by Jerry Rice with TWO BROKEN FINGERS.

Yup. Calvin Johnson is an absolute freak of nature. If Detroit could get a defense worth a damn, they'd be one hell of a Super Bowl contender.