PDA

View Full Version : steelerfan's FIFA 13 Career Mode Thread

steelerfan
01-31-2013, 01:00 AM
When I started my Career on FIFA 13 I was simply posting match statistics in the Slider Thread as I was tweaking my set. I've long since finished that work and I became bored with just posting stats.

Therefore, I started posting tidbits and match recaps in the Discussion Thread. With the fact that I am winding down the 2014-15 season, I thought I'd start a new thread just for these recaps as I move forward in my career.

To get you up to speed, I created Houston Dynamo Manager Dominic Kinnear as the manager that I use because I started my career at Houston in MLS.

At Houston in the 2012-13 season, I posted a 12-8-15 record and missed the playoffs which caused me to fail my League Objective. I did reach my Domestic Cup Objective of reaching the Quarter Final. However, I had no interest in staying in MLS for another season and I sought work in Europe.

I was able to take over a struggling Port Vale side, sixteen matches into their campaign, in England's npower League 2. I guided the club to a 16-6-8 mark and reached my League Objective.

As the 2013-14 season rolled around, I stayed put (initially) and got Port Vale out to an 11-3-5 start before taking the job at Wolverhampton in the npower Championship League.

At Wolves, I failed to fight for promotion posting a 14-6-11 mark and finishing 8th in the table.

I stayed at Wolverhampton for the entire 2014-15 season and, again, failed my League Objective (Gain Promotion) as well as my Domestic Cup Objective (Reach the Semi Final). Wolves finished 9th in the table and we posted a 22-13-14 record across all competitions.

All of that said, my career record is 75-36-53 in 164 matches. After failing again at Wolves, to meet my objectives, I have real concern for my future with the club. Additionally, I'm facing the prospect of cleansing the roster of several stars who are past their prime - assuming I'm not removed from the job first.

In the last match of the 2014-15 season I played alot of backups and youth reserve players because the match had no bearing on my season's fate.

I did give Kevin Doyle, the oft-injured striker who was leading the race for the league's Golden Boot despite missing 16 league matches, one final go in front of the home supporters as he is a player that I plan to sell. At 31, Doyle is no longer skilled enough for me to keep my young strikers off the pitch for.

Doyle and the reserve players played Bristol City to a 0-0 draw in the finale. Doyle wound up splitting the Golden Boot with Federico Dionisi of Birmingham City. Each player scored 23 league goals. However, Dionisi played all 46 matches to just 30 for Doyle.

I'm also managing the national squad of Ecuador and to date have a 4-3-5 record in friendlys.

With that, this thread will follow the rest of my career. Don't expect long, drawn out details - just simple recaps.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
01-31-2013, 01:26 AM
For the record:

In 2014-15 season, here are the winners of note:

npower Championship League: West Ham United
Barclay's Premier League: Arsenal
UEFA European Super Cup: Bayern Munich
UEFA Champions League: Real Madrid
UEFA Europa League: Tottenham Hotspur
FA Cup: Manchester United
Capital One Cup: Norwich City

Promoted to Barclay's Premier League: West Ham United, Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City (Promotion Playoff winners)

Relegated to npower Championship League: West Bromwich Albion, Norwich City, Crystal Palace

Promoted to npower Championship League: Charlton Athletic, Bournemouth, Notts County

Relegated to npower League 1: Millwall, Peterborough, Oldham Athletic

steelerfan
01-31-2013, 01:48 AM
As July 2015 approaches, I'm preparing my Ecuador squad to compete in the upcoming Copa America - the winner of which will qualify for the next FIFA Confederations Cup.

During preparations, I received word that I will, despite my failures, be retained for another campaign at Wolverhampton. The Board of Directors has charged me with the task of finishing mid-table and expects me to reach the round of sixteen in domestic cup competitions. They have also alloted $7M to me for the July/August Transfer Window.

I immediately offered 2-year, $500 per week contracts to several Youth Academy players:

Angelos Niarkhos, 16, Greece
Danny Chadwick, 16, England
Mattia Sau, 16, Italy
Phil Simpson, 16, England
Sandros Sartzetakis, 16, Greece

I'll dig fully into the Summer months in the days ahead. That's it for tonight.

steelerfan
01-31-2013, 10:45 PM
On July 3, Phil Simpson agreed to my contract offer as did Mattia Sau and Angelos Niarkhos.

I'm getting offers for Jamie O'Hara, Elkeson and Kevin Doyle. The O'Hara and Elkeson offers are being met with ridiculous counters and I'm taking the Doyle offers seriously. He needs to be sold.

Niarkhos is a 67 OVR RM, Simpson is a 65 OVR CDM, and Sau is a 64 OVR RM. Considering these guys are all 16 and are Midfielders (I'm short on depth there), these are great prospects through the Youth Academy. Sau will get Loan Listed immediately and Simpson may follow shortly.

steelerfan
01-31-2013, 10:55 PM
July 4

Danny Chadwick agreed to terms.

More offers for Doyle and an offer for Ezequiel Munoz (which I offered a ridiculous counter to).

6 players were returned from loans. I'll need to decide soon who will be loaned again.

It's time for the Copa America, which I'll get to this weekend. My group (Group B) is Argentina, Ecuador, Chile and Bolivia.

Chadwick is a 66 OVR CM.

steelerfan
02-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Opened the Group Stage of the Copa America with a 2-1 win over Bolivia.

Christian Benitez roofed a strike from 7 yards in the 8th minute to get Ecuador off to a fast start. He scored his second goal at 34' after being lobbed a through ball from about 25 yards out. Benitez raced under the ball and headed it from the right edge of the 6-yard box, at about 5 yards, into the bottom left corner of the Bolivian net past a defender and the sprawling keeper for a brilliant finish and a 2-0 lead.

Bolivia drew to 2-1 in the final minute, but never threatened again. In other Group B play, Argentina got past Chile, 2-1.

Later in the day, Sandros Sartzetakis came to terms with Wolves. He joins the senior club as a 67 OVR CDM.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Match Day 2 of the Copa America brought a devastating result.

Ecuador opened the scoring, from the spot, with a penalty from Noboa at 15' only to have Chile pull level at 17'. Ecuador took a second lead at 30' on a goal from Jeff Montero, but Chile responded to draw even again at 31'.

The death blow came in the final minute of the ninety as Chile won, 3-2. Fortunately, Bolivia upset Argentina, 2-1. The entire group is now 1-0-1 and Ecuador will face Argentina in a possible knockout match.

In the Copa America, there are 3 groups of 4 (the ten member nations of CONMEBOL and 2 non-members - in this draw they are the US and Mexico). The top 2 from each group and the top 2 third place sides advance to the Knockout Rounds.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Lionel Messi (5', 28' p) and Sergio Aguero (11', 40') each recorded a first half brace as Argentina dominated Ecuador on Match Day 3 of the Group Stage of the Copa America.

Goals from Felipe Caicedo (34') and Christian Benitez (38') in rapid succession breathed life, momentarily, into Ecuador after they had fell into a 3-0 hole. However, Aguero's second goal two minutes later allowed the Argentinians to park the bus and defend their lead in the second half. Argentina held on for the 4-2 result.

Argentina recorded 35 shots (15 on target) to just 14 (6) for Ecuador and held a 56% to 44% possession advantage. Antonio Valencia, the Ecuador star, was booked and sent off in the 67' after his second Yellow, increasing the burden on his side.

The good news for Kinnear's Ecuador squad is that their 1-0-2 mark in the Group Stage was enough to get them through to the Knockout Round of 8 as the best 3rd place team. The bad news - Brazil is next.

Advancing from Group A were Brazil and USA. Group B will see Chile, Argentina and Ecuador move on, while Group C pushes Colombia, Uruguay, and Peru through to the Round of 8.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Having Antonio Valencia suspended for the Quarter Final of the Copa America against Brazil was a big enough problem for Ecuador. Having Jorge Guagua and Gabriel Archilier each record Own Goals meant certain disaster as Ecuador crashed out of the competition with a 5-0 loss to the Brazilians.

Between the oppositions gaffes, Brazil got a pair of goals from Neymar and another from Alexandre Pato as the match was never in doubt.

Uruguay eliminated the United States on penalties, 2:2 (4-3), while Chile ousted Peru, 2-0 - the same score that Argentina put Colombia out with.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 07:04 PM
On July 20, I sold Kevin Doyle to AS Nancy of France's Ligue 1 and Simon Mignolet to Stade Rennais - also of Ligue 1.

Doyle went for $3.35 M and Mignolet for $10 M. That leaves a hole in net for Wolves which I will have to look to fill soon.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
On the 25th, I sold CB Christophe Berra to Blackburn. Berra, 30, was a reserve who had told me he was retiring after the season. Berra went for $1.4M.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 07:10 PM
The remainder of the Copa America:

Semis
Brazil 2:1 Uruguay
Chile 1:2 Argentina

Third Place
Uruguay 2:0 Chile

Final
Brazil 1:2 Argentina

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Had a feeling it was gonna be Brazil and Argentina in the final. Put up a great fight though man.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 07:17 PM
On the 30th, just in time for my first Friendly, I completed a deal to bring, former Manchester United Keeper, David De Gea in from Napoli. De Gea, 24, is a 80 OVR and was bought for $8M and he agreed to a 5-year deal worth $90k per week.

JBHuskers
02-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Nice get.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Had a feeling it was gonna be Brazil and Argentina in the final. Put up a great fight though man.

Yeah, when I know 80% of the players on the side I'm facing - it's not going to go well. :D

Brazil and Argentina are loaded. Ecuador has an 83 OVR (Valencia, who was suspended against Brazil after being sent off against Argentina) and another player who is an 80. That's it.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Nice get.

Yeah, man.

I'm playing on the most difficult financial setting so only 60% of my $ from players that I sell goes back into my transfer budget. Therefore, I basically sold Mignolet, Doyle, and Berra to get the cash for De Gea.

From a ratings standpoint, it was a wash - both Keepers are 80 OVR. But, De Gea is 3 years younger.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 10:47 PM
I simmed my 2 (strange that there were only 2, usually 3) friendlys for Wolves. Lost the first, at Spurs, 3-1. In the second, Wolves blanked Granada, 3-0. Fortunately, there were no injuries in either match.

I sold RB Kevin Foley, 30, to Sunderland for $2.1 M on August 3. Foley has been disgruntled for some time and is no better than a substitute (72 OVR).

I loaned Nicolas Rossini to Watford, for the season, on August 7.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 11:14 PM
It's now August 11. Time to open the 2015-16 season. First up is a home contest with Cardiff City in the Capital One Cup.

There will certainly be several changes before the Summer Window closes, but here is how Wolves open the season, from a personnel standpoint:

Starting XI
GK De Gea 80
RB E. Munoz (C) 82
RCB G. Margreitter 76
LCB R. Stearman 76
LB K. Gibbs 81
CDM D. Mantom 75
RM A. Adomah 76
LM A. Hammill 79
CAM J. O'Hara 79
RS Elkeson 80
LS A. Branzani 77

Substitutes
GK C. Ikeme 68
CB R. Johnson 73
LB S. Ward 73
CAM S. Torres 73
CDM A. Westwood 72
ST J. Sampson 75
ST L. Griffiths 74

Reserves
GK M. Alvares 63
GK D. Eardley 58
LB K. Flood 68
CB S. Mouyokolo 66
CB J. Parrish 58
LM J. Gorman 71
CAM D. Edwards 69
RM A. Niarkhos 68
LM A. Forde
CDM S. Sartzetakis 67
CM D. Chadwick 66
CDM P. Simpson 65
RM M. Sau 64
LM C. Elliott 63
ST J. Cassidy 70
ST F. Nouble 68

Youth Academy
Scout Nationality Assignment
Richard George England England
Sandros Stephanopoulos Greece Spain
Diego Menendez Mexico Italy

Youth Academy Roster
Player Age Nationality OVR POT
Chris Sawyers 16 England 53-69 72-94
Kwesi Hines 16 England 57-79 75-94
Phil Stephens 17 England 52-66 81-94

Players on Loan
Nicolas Rossini (Watford)

steelerfan
02-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Jack Sampson came on for Elkeson in the 74th minute and opened the scoring by burying a rebound in the back of the net just a minute later. However, a couple of defensive lapses cost Wolves as they conceded at 79' and again at 90' to be booted from the Capital One Cup in the opening round against Cardiff City, losing 2-1.

steelerfan
02-03-2013, 12:29 AM
On Saturday, the 15th, Wolves will travel to open the Championship League season at Norwich City.

steelerfan
02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
The trip to Norwich, considered the club to beat in the Championship League, did not go according to plan. The Canaries scored early, and often, en route to a 4-0 decision.

Wolves were sloppy and unorganized in the back all day and never really looked like a side that could contend this season.

To add injury to insult, Jamie O'Hara sprained a knee in the loss and will miss about a month going forward. With the CAM out, Kinnear is expected to move Elkeson to CAM and plug Jack Sampson into the spot vacated by by the Brazilian Striker.

On Tuesday the 18th, Wolverhampton will visit Reading as the Wanderers try to get the young season headed in the right direction.

steelerfan
02-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Jack Sampson's goal in the 85th minute saved Wolves from a third straight loss to open the season as Wolverhampton drew at Reading on Tuesday. Sampson has both of the Wanderers goals on the young campaign and, once again, his score came from a ball which the opposing keeper failed to parry from danger. Wolves escaped certain defeat to earn a 1-1 result.

Wolves will host Ipswich Town on Saturday at 3:00 PM.

steelerfan
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Saturday afternoon brought Ipswich Town into Molinuex Stadium as a club with 3 victories in 3 matches and as a side that had not conceded a goal on the season either. When Ipswich took an early lead, just twelve minutes in, it appeared Wolves were headed for another tough outing.

However, Jack Sampson scored at 53' and again just one minute later to give the Wanderers a 2-1 lead. Sampson's brace meant that he had all 4 of Wolves goals on the young season. That changed when Andrea Branzani, whose play has been a focus for manager Dominic Kinnear in the press, converted a penalty at 81' to put Wolverhampton comfortably ahead as they held on for a 3-1 result - their first win in 4 matches, across all competitions, this year.

Ahead of Tuesday's match at Crystal Palace, Wolves have met the demands of SL Benfica and are in negotiations with 24-year-old striker Djaniny. Additionally, offers for Jack Sampson are pouring into the club as he has 4 goals in 4 matches early in the campaign.

steelerfan
02-09-2013, 04:15 PM
On Tuesday at Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton once again faced a deficit and once again Jack Sampson delivered salvation.

After conceding on a penalty at 49', Wolves found themselves in a 2-0 hole, but Sampson's second consecutive brace salvaged a draw for the Wanderers. Sampson scored at 50' and again at 85' to lift his side to the decision. The 22-year-old English frontman has become a hot target in this window from clubs such as Manchester City, Bordeaux and Valencia.

Just ahead of Saturday's league clash with Blackpool, Wolves announced that they had struck a deal with striker Djaniny to complete his move from Benfica. The Wanderers purchased the 24-year-old native of Cape Verde Islands from the Portuguese side for $3.5 M and Kinnear may feature his new forward on Saturday.

Djaniny's deal is said to be 5 years and worth $45k per week.

steelerfan
02-10-2013, 06:17 PM
It was a stellar debut for Djaniny on Saturday as he paced Wolves to a 4-0 win over Blackpool. The new arrival won Man of the Match honors by scoring a hat trick for his new club. Goals at 31', 76', and 90' were the rewards for the numerous chances that Dominic Kinnear's new striker created.

As a whole, it was the Wanderers first complete match of the season. Jack Sampson assisted on 2 of Djaniny's scores while Elkeson converted a penalty (35') and added an assist of his own. Keeper David De Gea kept his first clean sheet for the club and Wolves dominated every phase of the match with an up-tempo style that was not visible in the season's early matches.

Monday's Transfer Deadline saw Wolves sell 19-year-old Goalkeeper David Eardley (57 OVR) to Portsmouth for $300k. Otherwise, the club was not active on the market before the window closed.

steelerfan
02-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I've decided to sim all of my International Friendlys, just as I do for my club squads.

I just simmed the latest international break and my Ecuador side got a 2-0 win over New Zealand, followed by a 1-1 draw with Australia.

steelerfan
02-10-2013, 10:58 PM
A 3-2 loss at Huddersfield, out of the international break, was made worse with injuries to Djaniny, Elkeson, and Andrea Branzani.

Before coming off, Djaniny scored at 64' to halve a 2-0 deficit. Jack Sampson got Wolves within one again, after they fell behind 3-1, with his sixth league goal at 84'.

Branzani, who has been relegated to a substitution role since Djaniny's arrival, could not use his opportunity to show that he deserves to be on the pitch as he suffered a hyper extended knee after just 11 minutes on the pitch, after coming on for Djaniny.

Elkeson (sprained knee) will miss about 3 weeks while Djaniny is expected to be out for a month. Branzani should be fit for Tuesday's clash with Bristol City.

steelerfan
02-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Andrea Branzani registered a pair of assists - one to Jack Sampson (28') and the other to Albert Adomah (38') as Wolves earned a 2-1 result over Bristol City.

On Saturday Wolverhampton (3-2-2) visit Cardiff City (5-0-2).

steelerfan
02-11-2013, 09:49 PM
The clash with fourth-place Cardiff City was as exciting as advertised on Saturday as the sides played to a 3-3 draw. Cardiff twice had multi-goal leads (2-0, 3-1) but the Wanderers, behind Jack Sampson's brilliant hat trick, fought back to earn a point.

Sampson, who tops the Championship League with ten goals, scored three times from narrow angles to increase his lead in the race for the Golden Boot. His first came at 37' and halved the Cardiff lead going into the break.

Just three minutes into the second half, Wolves faced another 2-goal deficit. After Dominic Kinnear shored up a floundering back line by bringing on Stephen Ward and Roger Johnson then moving Ezequiel Munoz inside, Sampson provided late heroics at 78' and 82' to pull his club level.

With Elkeson and Djaniny back in training from injury, Wolves (3-3-2) will host Leicester City (3-0-5) Saturday at Molinuex Stadium. Neither of the recovering forwards is expected to be featured by Kinnear.

steelerfan
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Goal output from unlikely sources seemed to be the theme of Saturday's 3-2 Championship League win over Leicester City for Wolverhampton.

Jamie O'Hara opened the scoring at 20' and was followed by Albert Adomah (41') and Richard Stearman (67') as Wolves improved to 4-3-2 and into eighth in the table. Among the scorers, only Adomah, who has finished twice this season, had previously scored for the Wanderers on the season.

On Tuesday, Dominic Kinnear's squad will visit Leeds United at Elland Road. The Whites (3-3-3) are currently fifteenth in the league table.

steelerfan
02-12-2013, 09:09 PM
After a late equalizer for the Whites, Andrea Branzani converted from the penalty spot -where he failed earlier in the match - in the final minute of the 90 to lift Wolves to a 2-1 result over Leeds United.

Jamie O'Hara opened the scoring at 45'. For O'Hara, it was his second goal in as many matches which could make for a tough decision for Dominic Kinnear when Elkeson returns from injury. O'Hara has moved forward to the central attacking position in Elkeson's absence and had begun to flourish in his new role.

Sebastian Torres and Jack Sampson were credited with assists in a match that will be remembered as much for officiating as it will for the play on the pitch. A total of twelve fouls (9 to Wolves) and 5 yellow cards (4 to Wolves) were apportioned by match official Derek Milborrow who also awarded three penalties - with only Branzani's second being converted.

The victory moves Wolverhampton (5-3-2) into sixth, a promotion playoff spot, in the league table. Kinnear stated, following the win, that Elkeson would feature in Saturday's league clash with Charlton Athletic at Molinuex Stadium. Kinnear added that Djaniny would be available to him, but will not start. The Addicks are ninth in the table at 4-4-2.

steelerfan
02-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Andrea Branzani scored a first half brace with a 17-yard laser off a through ball from Jack Sampson at 15' and brilliant header at 24' from an Albert Adomah corner as Wolves held off a comeback effort after the break to earn the points with a 2-1 result over Charlton Athletic.

Elkeson returned to the Starting XI and Djaniny came on in the final seven minutes and immediately showed what Wolves have missed in his absence with a pair of good chances created through pace.

Wolves (6-3-2) have lept into 4th in the league table and will visit 5th place Derby County (6-2-3) on Tuesday ahead of a week-long international break. Wanderers' boss Dominic Kinnear said that he will not start Djaniny, who is still not 100%, but that he will not, if needed, wait until the dying embers to bring him on.

steelerfan
02-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Andrea Branzani scored a fourth straight Wolverhampton goal, from the spot, just eleven minutes in but an equalizer for Derby County at 83' meant a 1-1 draw for the clubs on Tuesday night.

For Wolves, the big news coming out of the match were the injuries to Georg Margreitter (knee) and Kieran Gibbs (elbow). While Gibbs should be fit when Wolverhampton gets back to work after the international break, the injury will likely keep him from featuring with England.

For Margreitter, the news is not so pleasant. His injury looks to keep him sidelined for 3 weeks which could mean he will miss matches for Wolves after the break.

Dominic Kinnear's club remain unbeaten in their last six, entering the layoff, and are still 4th in the table at 6-4-2.

While a handful of his players will represent their countries in the upcoming week, Kinnear will head to South America to manage his Ecuador squad as they begin Qualifying for the 2018 World Cup.

Ecuador will face Uruguay and Peru in the first of their eighteen Group Stage matches over the next two years.

steelerfan
02-15-2013, 04:00 AM
In Ecuador's World Cup Qualifying opener, a near-perfect first half was followed by a disastrous second half collapse as Dominic Kinnear's squad succumbed at Uruguay, 4-2.

Christian Noboa opened the scoring at 14' and Jefferson Montero gave Ecuador a 2-0 halftime advantage with a goal at 32'.

Uruguay was not bothered with the deficit and caused Kinnear's side to concede four times in the second period to win Saturday's clash.

Ecuador will face Peru on Wednesday.

steelerfan
02-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Another fantastic first half, this time against Peru, was followed by a collapse in the second half as Ecuador conceded twice after the break to draw with the Peruvians, 2-2.

Jefferson Montero netted both of Dominic Kinnear's squad's scores, at 29 and 36 minutes, but Ecuador closed the international break with just 1 point in their opening 2 World Cup Qualifying matches. Those results leave Ecuador in seventh place, among 10 sides, in the group table at 0-1-1.

Kinnear will immediately head back to England as his Wolverhampton club hosts Watford (2-3-7) on Saturday.

steelerfan
02-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Djaniny returned to the Starting XI for Wolves on Saturday and had an immediate impact, with a bottom-corner strike from 18 yards at 14'.

With Kieran Gibbs back in the lineup and Georg Margreitter still out (knee), Wolverhampton's back four had a pair of lapses that allowed Watford to score at 45' and again in first half stoppage time to take a 2-1 lead into the break.

Albert Adomah struck a laser from 17 yards at 56' to draw Wolves even - which is how the match ended - at 2-2.

Wolves (6-5-2), who slipped to sixth in the table with the draw against Watford, will visit fifth placed Hull City (7-3-3) on Tuesday in an important early season clash.

steelerfan
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Despite dominating the Tigers, Wolves conceded the match's only goal at 51' after a handball was called against Elkeson in the area.

57% Possession and a 22(10) to 10(5) shot advantage were not enough as Dominic Kinnear's squad displayed extremely poor finishing throughout the match, as the rain poured onto the pitch.

Wolves Captain Ezequiel Munoz was forced from the match in the first half with a knee sprain and is expected to miss upwards of a month.

Wolverhampton (6-5-3), who remain sixth in the table, will host seventh placed Sheffield Wednesday (7-2-5) at Molinuex Stadium on Saturday.

steelerfan
02-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Wolves slump continued on Saturday, and in horrendous fashion. A 6-2 home loss to Sheffield Wednesday brought Dominic Kinnear's club's mark to 0-2-2 over their last 4 matches and dumped them to ninth in the league.

Elkeson converted from the spot at 17' and Roger Johnson headed home a corner at 41', but otherwise a depleted backline continually watched as keeper David De Gea retrieved the ball from his own net.

Striker Andrea Branzani was lost, for up to a month, with an ankle injury that the club is calling a severe sprain.

Georg Margreitter is expected to be fit for next Saturday's league clash at seventeenth placed Burnley (5-3-7). Wolves record now stands at (6-5-4).

CLW
02-17-2013, 10:12 AM
watching the Liverpool/Swansea match is giving me an itch for some FIFA. How is 13 compared to 12? My main complaint from 12 was it was far too offensive of a game/too easy to score.

steelerfan
02-17-2013, 10:18 AM
watching the Liverpool/Swansea match is giving me an itch for some FIFA. How is 13 compared to 12? My main complaint from 12 was it was far too offensive of a game/too easy to score.

I'm secretly tweaking a few sliders again as the scoring has gotten a bit high (3.81) this season. That said, 13 is much better than 12, imo, in Career Mode. However, online is a goal fest unless you play All Manual Controls - which is a headache - as far as I'm concerned.

Offline, you can make it what you want.

CLW
02-17-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm secretly tweaking a few sliders again as the scoring has gotten a bit high (3.81) this season. That said, 13 is much better than 12, imo, in Career Mode. However, online is a goal fest unless you play All Manual Controls - which is a headache - as far as I'm concerned.

Offline, you can make it what you want.

yeah with no TGT Cup to defend it would be an offline career mode. Saw it on sale at Amazon for like $40 so I'm tempted.

SmoothPancakes
02-17-2013, 10:59 AM
I've been having a blast with it. Especially after moving across the pond and taking a European job. I'd recommend FIFA 13 to anyone.

steelerfan
02-17-2013, 08:29 PM
The Wanderers finally break out of their recent run of bad form with a 2-1 win at Burnley.

Djaniny got things started by burying a shot into the bottom corner from 13 yards just nine minutes in and, five minutes after Burnley pulled level, Leigh Griffiths - who came on for Djaniny at 73' - squeezed a loose ball under the opposing keeper to put Wolves ahead to stay at 78'.

Danny Mantom registered an assist on the Djaniny goal.

The win moves Wolves to eighth in the table at 7-5-4. On Tuesday, they will host eleventh-placed Middlesbrough (7-2-7) and boss Dominic Kinnear is considering returning club captain Ezequiel Munoz to the lineup as he is back in training after suffering a knee sprain.

steelerfan
02-17-2013, 08:34 PM
November 3, 2015

Thirty-year-old Left Back Stephen Ward, with the club since 2007, has officially turned in a transfer request to Dominic Kinnear. Ward has been vocal about his disappointment in his lack of playing time this season.

The Irish national has appeared just 4 times this season - all in league play. Expect the club to honor his request when the transfer window opens in January.

steelerfan
02-17-2013, 10:26 PM
A penalty conversion in stoppage time robbed David De Gea of a clean sheet, but Wolves easily dispatched Middlesbrough on Tuesday night, 3-1.

Jack Sampson returned to the scoresheet after an eight game absence heading in a Djaniny volley at 8' to get the scoring started.

An Elkeson header was inadvertently directed in by Lala for an own goal, just two minutes later, to give Wolves a 2-0 lead.

Djaniny recorded a goal of his own, from 19 yards, after a brilliant thorough ball from Albert Adomah at 35'. Dominic Kinnear's club worked the clock in the second half, holding on for the result.

Next Tuesday night, Wolves will visit Barnsley in the final match ahead of the upcoming international break. Wolves (8-5-4) are currently sixth in the league table, while Barnsley (2-6-9) are entrenched in the relegation zone in 23rd.

steelerfan
02-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Andrea Branzani came off the bench to score a goal on a penalty and added 2 assists as Wolves twice rallied from 1-goal deficits to top Barnsley, 4-2, on Tuesday night.

Branzani, who himself is recovering from an injury, came on at 30' after Jack Sampson exited with an elbow injury. Andrea's presence was immediately felt as he converted from the spot at 36' and assisted Djaniny's first goal at 45'.

Djaniny would score on an impossible strike from the corner of the 6-yard box at 70', again assisted by Branzani.

Branzani came off at 72' for Leigh Griffiths who added Wolves fourth score at 76', from Jamie O'Hara, to secure the points for Wolverhampton.

After the victory, Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear announced that Jack Sampson, the Championship League's leader in goals, had broken his elbow and would miss about two months for the club.

Going into the upcoming international break, Kinnear has his club in 6th place in the league table at 9-5-4 and trailing the second placed side, Derby County, by just four points.

Kinnear will now head back to South America to continue World Cup Qualifying with his Ecuador squad as they face Argentina and Columbia on Saturday and Wednesday, respectively.

steelerfan
02-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Ecuador is gaining a reputation as the best first half side in South America. Unfortunately, they're also the worst in the second half.

Jefferson Montero's vollied strike at 28' held up at the break as Ecuador looked to stun the recent Copa America winners, Argentina, on Wednesday night. However 5 second half goals, including a hat trick from Lionel Messi broke Ecuador. Only a Christian Noboa narrow angle goal in the match's final minute stopped the barrage as Argentina won easily, to no one's surprise, 5-2.

Ecuador Manager Dominic Kinnear will try to regroup his side, who are 0-1-2 in World Cup Qualifying, for Saturday's clash with Colombia (1-1-1). Through 3 Match Days Ecuador are bottom of the group table, while Columbia are fifth.

steelerfan
02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Ecuador showed all of South America that they really do not have any backline in their squad as, despite registering 5 goals, they lost to Columbia, 6-5, to remain winless in World Cup Qualifying at 0-1-3.

steelerfan
02-19-2013, 11:24 PM
A penalty conversion at 49' by Andrea Branzani and a late goal from substitute Leigh Griffiths at 89' were not enough as Wolves dropped points to Brighton & Hove, 3-2.

Wolves (9-5-5) remain in sixth in the table and will visit thirteenth placed Nottingham Forest (6-6-7) on Saturday.

steelerfan
02-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Saturday's visit to Forest brought a 2-2 result. After conceding twice in the first 31 minutes, Wolves pulled level before the half starting with a brilliant sliding redirection of an Albert Adomah low cross by Elkeson at 33'.

Adomah added to his assist by netting a goal of his own on a through ball from Ezequiel Munoz in first half stoppage time. The sides played the second half to a stalemate, despite numerous chances.

Early on, Wolverhampton lost versatile midfielder Jamie O'Hara to a broken ankle after landing awkwardly following a mid-air collision. Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear projected a 3-month timeline for O'Hara's return. The injury will likely mean an increase in time for 21-year-old Central Defensive Midfielder Danny Mantom, during O'Hara's absence.

The sixth-placed Wanderers (9-6-5) will host the league leaders, West Bromwich Albion (15-4-1) at Molinuex Stadium on Tuesday night.

steelerfan
02-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Andrea Branzani (7'), Elkeson (68'), and Djaniny (83') all found the back of the net on Tuesday night as Wolves held off league-leading West Brom at Molinuex Stadium, 3-2. For the Albion it was just their second loss in a league match this season (15-4-2).

Elkeson and Djaniny, along with Sebastian Torres, also registered assists as Wolverhampton moved into 5th in the Championship League table with the victory to start the month of December.

Dominic Kinnear's club now have ten days off before resuming league play with a visit to 20th-placed Bournemouth (6-3-12). The Wanderers record currently stands at 10-6-5.

steelerfan
03-03-2013, 12:50 AM
Elkeson and Albert Adomah (twice) served up assists to Djaniny who scored one of the most improbable hat tricks in Wolverhampton history as Wolves rallied from a 2-0 deficit, after going a man down, to upend Bournemouth, 3-2.

Kieran Gibbs was shown a straight red card in the 62nd minute that led to a penalty concession and the two-goal deficit. Djaniny, however, scored at 68', 70', and 71' to stun the opponents and get the result.

Fifth-placed Wolves (11-6-5) will have to host Notts County (2-4-16), who are bottom of the table, without Gibbs next Saturday. Gibbs picked up a 1-match ban for his sending off against Bournemouth.

steelerfan
03-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I have switched to Legendary skill level and Full Manual Controls. I am currently using Orion's sliders from OS. This was my first career match under that setup.

Djaniny registered another hat trick as, along with Andrea Branzani's goal, Wolves took a 4-2 result from bottom-feeders Notts County on Saturday night at Molinuex Stadium.

Albert Adomah recorded a pair of assists and both Elkeson and Adam Hammill found the scoresheet with one helper as the fifth-placed Wanderers improved to 12-6-5 on the league season.

Dominic Kinnear's side will host ninth-placed Huddersfield (10-6-7) on Tuesday night as Kieran Gibbs returns, from his suspension, to Wolves' lineup.

steelerfan
03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
For clarity's sake, the last match I played was on World Class. I didn't notice that I had to change the skill level in my Career, since all sliders are saved in the front menu under Customize FIFA.

That said, going forward all matches are on Legendary with Full Manual Controls.

steelerfan
03-05-2013, 11:03 PM
On Tuesday night, Wolves were soundly beaten by Huddersfield Town, 3-0, at Molinuex Stadium.

The Wanderers (12-6-6) remain in fifth place in the table and will visit eighth-placed Blackpool (11-5-8) on Boxing Day to close out 2015.

Disgruntled Fullback Stephen Ward, 30, is expected to be sold during the January Window and it is believed that boss Dominic Kinnear will be looking to add strength to a backline that has been heavily criticized for it's inconsistent play.

steelerfan
03-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Andrea Branzani headed in an Albert Adomah corner at 8' to get Wolves off to a flying start at Blackpool on Saturday night. However, the Wanderers came apart in the second half, after Blackpool scored the equalizer in first half stoppage time.

The end result was a 4-1 loss to close the calender year for Wolverhampton.

With the transfer window set to open in a few days, Dominic Kinnear's side announced that they have listed Steven Mouyokolo. The 28-year-old center back has not featured with the club this season and has, apparently, fallen out of graces with management.

steelerfan
03-08-2013, 09:24 PM
After falling behind early, Albert Adomah - who Wolves have been approached about by Celtic - scored at 24' and Djaniny added a goal of his own at 59' but the Wanderers conceded at 90' to finish level with Crystal Palace, 2-2.

Adomah assisted Djaniny's score while Richard Stearman was credited on Adomah's goal.

Sources close to Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear have said that the club is seeking a "much higher" figure for Adomah's services than what Celtic has offered.

On Sunday, the club announced that they have signed 17-year-old CDM Phil Stephens to a 2-year contract as a promotion from their youth academy. The Englishman, Stephens (60 OVR), will be loan listed by Wolverhampton.

Monday afternoon Kinnear announced that England-native Kwesi Hines, 16, had also been signed to a 2-year deal from the Wolverhampton youth academy. Hines (64 OVR), a striker, will also be made available for loan, per Kinnear.

Wolves also announced that Jack Sampson will rejoin the first team's training sessions as he continues to recover from a broken elbow.

steelerfan
03-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Ahead of Tuesday's clash at Ipswich Town, word came that Celtic have rejected Wolverhampton's $11M asking price for the services of Ghana-born wide midfielder Albert Adomah. However, rumors have begun circulating that Athletic Bilbao have submitted a bid for the highly-sought 28-year-old.

Wolves (12-7-7) have earned just one league point in their last 3 matches and have slipped out of a playoff spot and into seventh in the table. Ipswich Town are twelfth in the table at 10-7-9.

steelerfan
03-09-2013, 02:06 PM
"South Bank" was sung throughout Tuesday night's match at Ipswich Town as Wolves' supporters reminded them that the South Bank Terrace at Molinuex was well represented amongst the quiet Ipswich crowd.

Djaniny (54', 68') scored a brace and was joined by Elkeson (21') and Leigh Griffiths (81') on the scoresheet as Wolves, who only conceded on a penalty, won easily, 4-1.

Elkeson also assisted on Djaniny's two goals, while Danny Mantom and Andrea Branzani recorded one assist each.

The win vaults Dominic Kinnear's side into sixth place and back into a playoff spot.

On Saturday, Wolves will host West Ham United in Round 3 Proper of the FA Cup. The Hammers are currently 14th in the Barclays Premier League.

steelerfan
03-09-2013, 04:09 PM
On Saturday Wolves earned spot in Round 4 of the FA Cup with an impressive win over Premier League side, and last season's Championship League winners, West Ham United.

Wolves took little time in equalizing after conceding in the 4th minute. Andrea Branzani scored, from 9 yards, in the 6th minute to pull the Wanderers level.

However, Elkeson provided the difference with a strike from 20 yards into the bottom left corner at 71' as Wolves pushed through with a 2-1 win at Molinuex.

Djaniny was credited with an assist on Branzani's goal, while Kieran Gibbs assisted Elkeson.

Ezequiel Munoz suffered a bruised elbow in the latter stages of the first half and was replaced by Roger Johnson for the second half. After the match Dominic Kinnear, Wolverhampton's manager, characterized Munoz as "day-to-day".

Wolves (13-7-7) will return to league play on Tuesday night as they play host to eighteenth-placed Burnley (8-5-14). Jack Sampson, who has missed ten league matches, is expected to be available for Kinnear following his recovery from a broken elbow.

steelerfan
03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Albert Adomah drilled the equalizer in the 69th minute on Tuesday night at Molinuex Stadium as Wolves drew with Burnley, 1-1.

Elkeson suffered a knock in the 11th minute and was replaced, with an apparent knee injury, by Sebastian Torres in the 21st minute.

After the match Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear said that Elkeson suffered a knee sprain and would likely miss 3 weeks.

In a shocking development, Kinnear also announced that Bayern Munich had agreed to match Wolves' asking price of $25M for Djaniny. The German side's representatives will begin negotiations with Djaniny's agent to try and complete the shock move.

steelerfan
03-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Ahead of Saturday's clash at Sheffield Wednesday (11-7-10, 10th place), there was alot of news coming from the Wolverhampton camp.

First, Center Back Ezequiel Munoz will feature for eighth-placed Wolves (13-8-7) after missing Tuesday's meeting with Burnley.

The big news however was that the move to Bayern Munich had been completed for Djaniny and the Championship League's leading goal scorer (17) will be heading to Germany.

With Djaniny gone, boss Dominic Kinnear said that his role up front next to Andrea Branzani will be filled by Jack Sampson. Speculation has also begun on what Wolves will do in the remaining 15 days of the transfer window, now that cash is not a big restriction. Most feel that Kinnear will use the money to bolster his back line, in an effort to replace Georg Margreitter and/or Richard Stearman.

steelerfan
03-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Danny Mantom's goal in the 90th minute helped Wolves reach the scoresheet but it wasn't enough yo erase the own goal scored by Georg Margreitter at 37' as Sheffield Wednesday got the result, 2-1. Ashley Westwood assisted on Mantom's tally.

On Wednesday the club announced the sale of CB Steven Mouyokolo (66 OVR) to Middlesbrough. Mouyokolo, 28, did not feature for Wolves this season.

On Saturday 8th-placed Wolves (13-8-8) will entertain Reading. The Royals (15-6-8) sit fifth in the table.

steelerfan
03-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Andrea Branzani (41'), on an assist from Adam Hammill, gave Wolves a 1-0 advantage at the half and Ashley Westwood came on late to score the winner in the dying embers of stoppage time as the Wanderers got a 2-1 result at Molinuex over Reading. Kieran Gibbs provided the assist on Westwood's winner.

Danny Mantom picked up his fifth yellow card in Football Association competitions this season and, with it, a one match ban. Mantom will miss next Saturday's FA Cup tie with Aston Villa in the 4th Round Proper. The Villains are currently twelfth in the Barclays Premier League table.

steelerfan
03-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Albert Adomah took a pass from Ezequiel Munoz on Saturday evening, wove through the Aston Villa defense, and slotted a shot, from the right, inside the far post to pull Wolves level, at 1-1, in the 73rd minute and force a replay in the 4th Round of the FA Cup. The replay will be played on Wednesday at Villa Park.

Ahead of that match is Monday's league clash with Norwich City. Boss Dominic Kinnear is expected, with 3 matches in 5 days, to feature a lineup of reserves against the Canaries.

steelerfan
03-10-2013, 09:07 PM
A busy deadline day saw Wolverhampton move to sign Inter center back Juan (81 OVR). The 24-year-old Brazilian defender was, reportedly, purchased for $8.5M and signed to a 3-year contract valued at $80k per week.

Sixteen year old CDM Phil Simpson (66 OVR) was loaned to Stevenage.

RB Luis Pedro Cavanda, 25, was purchased from Lazio in a deal that included $7.5M and disgruntled LB Stephen Ward. Cavanda was signed to a 4-year deal valued at $70k per week.

steelerfan
03-10-2013, 10:59 PM
On Monday night Dominic Kinnear used a lineup of substitutes and reserves and got a 1-1 draw against a Norwich City side that is third in the table. Wolves' goal was scored by Danny Mantom, and assisted by Jake Cassidy in the 75th minute.

Five players made career,season, or club debuts for Wolverhampton including teenagers Angelos Niarkhos and Sandros Sartzetakis, both 16.

Up next is Wednesday night's Round 4 Replay at Villa Park. Kinnear announced that new signees Luis Pedro Cavanda and Juan well be in the team's Starting XI against Aston Villa.

Elkeson is set to return to the pitch as he has recovered from a knee sprain that sidelined him for 3 weeks. Jamie O'Hara remains out with a broken ankle and is said to be about 3 weeks away from returning.

steelerfan
03-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Wolverhampton was eliminated from the FA Cup on Wednesday night after a valiant effort saw the match go to extra time at nil-nil. The Villains scored three times in the first extra period - at 93', 99' and 105' - to dispatch Wolves and send them crashing out of the competition.

During the international break that followed, Ecuador drew, 1-1, with Ivory Coast and then lost to Bulgaria, 2-1. (note: these matches were Friendlys so I simulated them)

Coming out of the break Wolves, who are eighth in the league table at 14-9-8 will host 23rd-placed Barnsley (5-10-16) on Saturday, February 13.

steelerfan
03-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Jack Sampson scored a brace (18', 71'), the second goal coming off a beautiful ground cross from Albert Adomah, and Wolves got past Barnsley 2-1 on Saturday at Molinuex Stadium. David De Gea made 8 saves for the Wanderers but conceded at 89' to lose the clean sheet.

With the points, Wolves have moved into seventh place in the league table at 15-9-8 and are just 1 point behind sixth-placed Blackpool as they continue to chase a promotion playoff spot.

On Tuesday night, Wolverhampton will visit Middlesbrough who are twelfth in the table at 12-7-12. Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear said that Jamie O'Hara, though having returned to training, will still be held out "about a week" as he continues to recover from a broken ankle.

steelerfan
03-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Just a couple of career notes...

I have completed 200 club matches on FIFA 13 (this does not include Friendlys and International matches). I completed 405 matches in Career Mode on FIFA 12 so I'm on pace to exceed that number this year. It's not really a surprise though - I don't play much of anything else anymore.

I was offered another extension at Ecuador but I am stalling on signing it. They gave me 2 months to decide. I think I'm going to quit that job, focus on Wolves, and see what else comes my way. With the poor start I'm off to in World Cup Qualifying, it seems kind of pointless to remain at Ecuador. That said, I'm not closing that door today.

steelerfan
03-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Albert Adomah took a Jack Sampson pass and fired it into the short side in the seventh minute to open a nine minute scoring bonanza for Wolves on Tuesday night at Middlesbrough.

Following Adomah's goal, Elkeson scored from a direct free kick from 26 yards at 12' and Andrea Branzani coveted a penalty at 13'. Just 3 minutes later, Elkeson and Branzani combined for a fourth score when Elkeson crossed a free kick in from the left side of the area. Branzani, who was falling backwards, managed to head the ball in for a 4-0 Wolves lead just sixteen minutes in.

The score held the rest of the way and David De Gea made 8 saves to maintain the clean sheet.

The win, which is followed by a full week off, gives Wolves a 16-9-8 league record - good for sixth in the table and a playoff spot. Next Tuesday night the Wanderers host eighth-placed Derby County (15-8-10) at Molinuex Stadium. The two sides drew in October, 1-1. Jamie O'Hara should be fit to be selected for the match.

Some notes...

I'm still holding out on Ecuador and my agent contacted me to say he's talked with some international sides that may be interested. He added that Paraguay and Hungary may be among those that contact me.

steelerfan
03-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Adam Hammill equalized in the 84th minute by heading in an Albert Adomah corner, only to have his effort undone by Derby County in the 88th minute. Wolves had another corner in stoppage time, but Jamie O'Hara's headed effort bound off the crossbar before Andrea Branzani's rebound header sailed high. Derby County got the result, 2-1.

Jack Sampson exited the match early in the second half with an elbow injury which boss Dominic Kinnear characterized as "just a niggle, not serious" after the match.

In the days following the meeting with Derby County the newly-acquired center back, Juan, suffered a torn hamstring in training and will likely miss six weeks.

Wolves (16-9-9, 6th) will visit Charlton Athletic (6-9-19, 23rd) following the international break, on March 5th. The Wanderers were victorious in the clubs' previous meeting in October, 2-1.

Notes...
I officially told Ecuador "no" to re-signing with them, immediately after declining an offer from Bolivia. We'll see if other offers come my way.

steelerfan
03-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Andrea Branzani scored a hat trick (14', 32', 68') and David De Gea made 10 saves and kept a clean sheet as Wolverhampton brushed aside relegation candidates Charlton Athletic, 3-0 on Saturday.

Adam Hammill assisted on 2 of Branzani's goals with Albert Adomah assisting the other - a corner that Branzani headed in for the opening score.

The big news coming out of the match concerned a pair of injuries. Elkeson suffered a sprained ankle in the 4th minute that boss Dominic Kinnear called "a bit serious". Elkeson is expected to miss about a month.

The news wasn't so bad for Jack Sampson who came off after bruising his shoulder in the 17th minute. Kinnear said that Sampson will need "ice and rest" but that the striker shouldn't miss more than a week-and-a-half.

On Monday the club announced that they have agreed to a one-year extension with veteran reserve Roger Johnson. The 32-year-old center back (72 OVR) who has been with the club since 2011 reportedly signed for $15k per week. Johnson has made 16 appearances for Wolves this season and has scored one goal.

On Tuesday night, Wolverhampton (17-9-9, 6th) will visit bottom-feeders Notts County (4-6-25, 24th) whom they beat, 4-2, in December.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Reading through these posts, I just noticed the name Elkeson. I made a deal during the 2015 season to bring him over to PSV for $10.5 million and some random never-playing guy from the reserves to get close enough to the demanded amount. He's been huge for my offensive attack, currently with 8 goals between all competitions (Eredivisie, Euro Cup and Dutch Cup) in 2016. One of the best transfer purchases I've made in this game.

steelerfan
03-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Reading through these posts, I just noticed the name Elkeson. I made a deal during the 2015 season to bring him over to PSV for $10.5 million and some random never-playing guy from the reserves to get close enough to the demanded amount. He's been huge for my offensive attack, currently with 8 goals between all competitions (Eredivisie, Euro Cup and Dutch Cup) in 2016. One of the best transfer purchases I've made in this game.

I play Elkeson at CAM so I can, essentially, get 3 strikers on the pitch together. He's been good for me and he takes the majority of my free kicks. He has 7 goals and 9 assists in 31 matches this season.

steelerfan
03-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Another injury and a humiliating loss were all that Wolves got from Tuesday night's trip to bottom-of-the-table Notts County.

Leigh Griffiths, on an assist from Kieran Gibbs, scored Wolves only goal in a 2-1 defeat.

Albert Adomah, who leads the npower Championship League with 14 assists and who also has 8 total goals in 39 appearances this season, suffered what the club is calling a "hyper-extended knee" and is expected to miss about 3 weeks.

Jack Sampson (bruised shoulder) should be available next Tuesday night when Wolves host Bournemouth. The Wanderers (17-9-10) slipped into a three-way tie for sixth in the table with the loss to Notts County but are 8th due to goal differential.

Bournemouth (9-5-22) have fought their way out of the relegation zone and into 21st, two points clear of danger. Wolves were 3-2 winners at Bournemouth in December.

steelerfan
03-13-2013, 12:18 AM
With ten matches remaining, here is the npower Championship League table:

West Brom 26-4-6 82
Cardiff City 25-6-5 81
Norwich City 18-13-5 67
Huddersfield 19-9-8 66
Reading 19-7-10 64
Derby County 17-9-10 60
Blackpool 17-9-10 60
Wolverhampton 17-9-10 60
Sheffield Wednesday 15-10-11 55
Bristol City 14-12-10 54
Crystal Palace 16-6-14 54
Ipswich Town 14-10-12 52
Hull City 14-8-14 50
Brighton & Hove 12-12-12 48
Middlesbrough 13-9-14 48
Nottingham Forest 10-11-15 41
Burnley 9-10-17 37
Leeds United 10-6-20 36
Leicester City 9-7-20 34
Watford 8-9-19 33
Bournemouth 9-5-22 32
Barnsley 6-12-18 30
Charlton Athletic 6-9-21 27
Notts County 5-6-25 21

steelerfan
03-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Race for the league Golden Boot:
Sammon (Derby County) 17
Allan (Reading) 17
Branzani (Wolves) 16
Graham (Norwich City) 15
Maynard (Cardiff City) 14

Assist Leaders:
Adomah (Wolves) 14
3 with 9
3 with 8

Golden Glove:
Myhill (West Brom) 17
Marshall (Cardiff City) 15
Federici (Reading) 13
Smithies (Huddersfield) 13
Schmeichel (Blackpool) 12

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2013, 01:12 AM
I play Elkeson at CAM so I can, essentially, get 3 strikers on the pitch together. He's been good for me and he takes the majority of my free kicks. He has 7 goals and 9 assists in 31 matches this season.

Yeah, I try to keep him front and center in my offensive attack. I actually just now finished up the final match of the 2016 season. Elkeson ended up with 13 goals and 6 assists in 47 matches between Eredivisie, Euro Cup and Dutch Cup. A heck of a season for him. Well worth the $50,000 wage I'm paying him.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 05:43 AM
David De Gea kept a clean sheet, but Wolves couldn't convert offensively and were forced to settle for a nil-nil draw on Tuesday night against Bournemouth.

The result moves Wolverhampton into seventh in the league table, 2 points behind Blackpool. The Wanderers (17-10-10) will have ten days off (international break) before visiting their oldest rivals, West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, March 26.

The Baggies (26-4-7) have slipped of late and have fallen to second, two points behind league leaders Cardiff City. Wolves got a 3-2 result, to chants of "Sh*t on The Albion" at Molinuex Stadium on December 1st.

Albert Adomah (knee) and Elkeson (ankle) have both returned to training but Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear is unlikely to feature either one at The Hawthorns against the Baggies. Juan is out as he continues to rehab his torn hamstring.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 09:00 AM
A second consecutive scoreless draw was the result for Wolverhampton on Saturday at The Hawthorns against West Brom. David De Gea made 12 saves in earning the clean sheet.

Wolves (17-11-10, 7th) will host Hull City next Saturday. The Tigers are currently thirteenth in the Championship League at 15-9-14.

On the injury front, Dominic Kinnear stated that he will feature Albert Adomah and Elkeson in Saturday's match. Additionally, Kinnear said that Juan should return to training in the coming days and that he is "two weeks, maybe less" from returning to the match day lineup.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Wolves took a third consecutive draw on Saturday when Andrea Branzani headed the ball into his own net in the 84th minute to cancel an Albert Adomah score in the 41st. Jamie O'Hara assisted on Adomah's first half effort.

The Wanderers (17-12-10, 8th) will be back on the pitch on Tuesday night when they visit Watford (9-9-21, 20th). The clubs played to a 2-2 draw in October.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Ezequiel Munoz headed in an Adam Hammill corner (20') and Luis Pedro Cavanda put an Elkeson pass in off the left post (25') as Wolves won at Watford, 2-0.

Red hot Keeper David De Gea kept up his run of form with a clean sheet that included 15 saves. For De Gea, it was his fourth consecutive match without conceding to the opposition (Branzani own goal).

In just his second match back from a knee sprain Albert Adomah, the league leader with 14 assists, was lost in the fourth minute with another knee injury. Per the club, Adomah will need surgery to repair a partial tear in the lateral collateral ligament in his left knee. Adomah will be sidelined for about 4 months and will miss the remainder of the season.

This Saturday, Wolverhampton (18-12-10, 7th) will host Nottingham Forest (14-11-15, 14th) at Molinuex Stadium. The clubs drew, 2-2, in their late-November meeting.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 03:06 PM
A tough afternoon on Saturday for Wolves as Adam Hammill was sent off in the 90' following a straight red in the area. The penalty conversion that followed sealed a 3-1 win for Nottingham Forest.

On top of the 1-match ban that Hammill received from the FA, Fullback Luis Pedro Cavanda suffered a bruised shoulder which will keep him out for "a week or two", according to Dominic Kinnear.

The lone bright spot for Wolves was a penalty, in the 65th minute, that Leigh Griffiths converted.

With the result, Wolves fall to eighth in the league and, at 18-12-11, they are 6 points back of sixth place Blackpool. Only 5 matches remain in the season.

On Tuesday night, the Wanderers will visit Brighton & Hove Albion (12-13-16, 16th). Wolves will look to avoid a repeat of the 3-2 loss they took against Brighton in November.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Following a 5-0 crushing defeat to Brighton & Hove, Wolverhampton (18-12-12) have slipped to ninth in the npower Championship League and appear to be headed toward missing out on a promotion playoff spot.

The good news for boss Dominic Kinnear is that Adam Hammill has served his suspension and both Luis Pedro Cavanda and Juan are set to return from injury next Tuesday evening when his side host Leeds United (14-6-22, 17th).

Wolves trail sixth-placed Blackpool by 7 points, with just 4 league matches remaining.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Andrea Branzani, who had sat the last 2 matches out after experiencing a poor run of form, returned with a vengeance on Tuesday night as Wolves buried Leeds United, 4-0.

Branzani set the pace with a hat trick (17', 54', 90') and David De Gea kept a clean sheet with 13 saves in the win. Jack Sampson added a goal (50') and an assist and Jamie O'Hara and Elkeson each had an assist of their own in an easy win for boss Dominic Kinnear's club.

Wolves remain in ninth place at 19-12-12, 4 points behind sixth-placed Blackpool. The Wanderers will visit Leicester City (11-8-24) on Saturday. Wolverhampton won the previous meeting, September 26, 3-2.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Refusing to play in Andrea Branzani's shadow, Jack Sampson followed his teammate's hat trick with one of his own on Saturday at Leicester.

Sampson scored three times before the half (20', 28', 45') as Wolves got a 3-1 result. Branzani was credited with 2 assists, while Elkeson had one.

Wolves have kept their hopes for a playoff spot alive, with their recent success. The Wanderers sit eighth in the table (20-12-12) with 72 points and trail Crystal Palace by one point and Blackpool by just 2, with 2 matches remaining.

A big test is ahead for Wolves on Tuesday night as they host Cardiff City (28-10-6) who are second in the league and trail the leaders, West Brom, by 2 points. Both West Brom and Cardiff have secured promotion to the Premiership for next season and are only playing now for the league title.

Huddersfield Town, Norwich City, and Reading have secured promotion playoff spots, while Blackpool, Crystal Palace, Wolves, and Sheffield Wednesday remain alive for the final remaining spot.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Danny Mantom (9') and Jamie O'Hara (80') scored for Wolves on Tuesday night, but conceding in the 87th minute cost the club an important 2 points as they drew with Cardiff City, 2-2.

Kieran Gibbs assisted on Mantom's strike early on, and Johnny Gorman came on late to provide a helper on O'Hara's twenty yard laser.

Andrea Branzani suffered a sprained knee in the match and is unlikely to play again this season.

Elsewhere in the league, West Brom secured the league title with a 4-1 win over Charlton Athletic and Crystal Palace moved into sixth place with a 2-1 win over Blackpool.

Going into the final day of the season, here is what's on the line:

-Notts County will finish last and faces relegation to League 1. They will be joined by two of the following, pending Saturday's outcomes: Bournemouth, Watford, Barnsley, Charlton Athletic.

-Promotion Playoff seeding between clubs 3-5 remains in doubt as Norwich City (85 points), Huddersfield Town (84), and Reading (83) will need this weekend's results to determine their positioning.

-The final playoff spot remains open between Crystal Palace (76 points, +5 GD), Blackpool (74, +15), and Wolverhampton (73, +12).

Wolverhampton will complete the league schedule when they visit Bristol City (14-14-17, 14th). Wolves took their September clash, 2-1.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Adam Hammill had 2 assists as Jack Sampson (5') and Elkeson (46') scored goals for Wolverhampton in an effort to keep the season alive into a Promotion Playoff. A late goal (83') by Bristol City assured that the season would end today as the clubs drew, 2-2.

Wolves finished eighth in the table as Blackpool and Crystal Palace also drew in their matches to close the season with Crystal Palace in the final playoff spot.

Barnsley, Charlton Athletic and Notts County face relegation to League 1, while league winners West Brom and runners-up Cardiff City have gained promotion to the Barclays Premier League for 2016-17.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 01:01 PM
2015-16 npower Championship League Table

1) West Brom 100 points
2) Cardiff City 98

3) Huddersfield Town 87
4) Norwich City 86
5) Reading 83
6) Crystal Palace 77

7) Blackpool 75
8) Wolverhampton 74
9) Sheffield Wednesday 72
10) Ipswich Town 70
11) Derby County 68 (+16)
12) Nottingham Forest 68 (+5)
13) Hull City 64
14) Bristol City 57 (-7)
15) Middlesbrough 57 (-9)
16) Brighton & Hove 56
17) Leeds United 52
18) Burnley 51
19) Leicester City 47
20) Bournemouth 40
21) Watford 39 (-20)

22) Barnsley 39 (-26)
23) Charlton Athletic 38
24) Notts County 24

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Golden Boot

Allan (Reading) 22
Sammon (Derby County) 20
Branzani (Wolves) 19
Maynard (Cardiff City) 18
Sampson (Wolves) 18

Assists

Adomah (Wolves) 14
Elkeson (Wolves) 12
Graham (Norwich City) 11
Novak (Huddersfield Town) 11
Yartey (Cardiff City) 10

Golden Glove

Myhill (West Brom) 21
Marshall (Cardiff City) 17
Smithies (Huddersfield Town) 16
Federici (Reading) 15
Ruddy (Norwich City) 14

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Notable winners from 2015-16:

UEFA European Super Cup Final
Real Madrid 1:0 Tottenham

UEFA Champions League Final
Borussia Dortmund 1:2 Bayern Munich

UEFA Europa League Final
Saint-Etienne 1:1 (5:4p) Tottenham

Football Association Challenge Cup Final
Sunderland 1:2 Arsenal

Football Association League Cup (Capital One Cup) Final
Manchester City 2:1 Manchester United

Barclays Premier League
Manchester United

Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool earn Champions League spots as well

West Ham, Southampton and Blackburn are relegated to the Championship League

npower Championship League Promotion Playoff Final
Norwich City 3:1 Huddersfield Town

French Ligue 1
Saint-Etienne

German Bundesliga
Bayern Munich

Italian Serie A
AC Milan

Liga Portuguesa
FC Porto

Russian Premier League
CSKA Moscow

Liga BBVA
FC Barcelona

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 01:37 PM
My record at Wolverhampton was 21-15-14 in 2015-16.

My all-time record at Wolverhampton is 57-34-39.

My career managerial record in 214 matches is 96-51-67.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Both Adam Hammill and Jamie O'Hara have contracts that are about to expire and I don't have the budget to sign them. Both are in my Starting XI, but are pushing 30 and replaceable. If I can grab them after my budget is set, I may bring them back.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I have been retained at Wolverhampton for a fourth season. My league objective is to gain promotion, my domestic cup objective is to reach the final.

The board has added $7M to my transfer budget.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Wolves have signed 21-year-old center back Jose Antonio Seoane Antelo (78 OVR) on a free transfer. The deal for the Spanish national is for 4 years at $35k power week and will likely make substitute Georg Margreitter (76 OVR) expendable. Margreitter is 27.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Wolves have extended the contracts of:

Ezequiel Munoz (CB/RB, 25, 83 OVR, 2 years)
Elkeson (ST/CAM, 26, 81 OVR, 2 years)
Frank Nouble (ST, 24, 69 OVR, 2 years)
Mattia Sau (RM, 17, 65 OVR, 3 years)
Nicolas Rossini (LB, 19, 67 OVR, 3 years)
Angelos Niarkhos (RM, 17, 70 OVR, 3 years)

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 03:13 PM
England defeated Italy, 2-0, in the Final of the UEFA European Championship (Euro 2016).

Wolves signed the following players from their Youth Academy:

Eugenio Berni (ST, 17, 63 OVR, Italy)
Harry Severn (CM, 17, 67 OVR, England)

CB Richard Stearman (77 OVR) was sold to Blackpool for $6M (value $4M). $3.6 M from this sale was allocated to the transfer budget.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 03:32 PM
CB Georg Margreitter (76 OVR, 27 years, $3.4M value) has been sold to Queens Park Rangers for $4M. $2.4M from the sale has been allocated to the transfer budget.

RM Albert Adomah (78 OVR, 28, $6M) who led the npower Championship League with 14 assists last season, has been sold to Sevilla FC for $11M. $6.5M from his sale has been allocated to the transfer budget.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
On July 24, Wolves hosted Manchester City and won the preseason friendly, 5-1, behind an Andrea Branzani hat trick, as well as goals from Johnny Gorman and Kieran Gibbs.

(note: all Friendlys are simulated)

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 03:39 PM
21-year old Striker, Andrea Branzani (80 OVR, $20M value) has been sold to Real Madrid for $40M. $24M from this sale has been allocated to the transfer budget.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 03:41 PM
17-year-old CDM, Phil Simpson (67 OVR) has been sent on a season-long loan to Dagenham.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 03:44 PM
On July 28, Wolves drew at Real Sociedad, 2-2. Sebastian Torres and Elkeson scored for Wolverhampton.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 04:08 PM
On August 1, Wolves completed the preseason with a 2-0 win at Molinuex Stadium over Bari. Jack Sampson and Leigh Griffiths scored for Dominic Kinnear's side.

Griffiths hyper-extended his knee during the friendly and is expected to miss about a week.

Wolves will visit Brighton & Hove Albion on Tuesday, August 9 in a Capital One Cup tie to open the 2016-17 season.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 04:23 PM
A look at the roster going into the season's opening match:

Starting XI
GK De Gea 84
RB Cavanda 81
RCB Munoz 83
LCB Juan 82
LB Gibbs 81
CDM Mantom 77
RM Torres 76
LM Gorman 72
CAM Elkeson 81
RS Sampson 77
LS Griffiths 74

Substitutes
GK Ikeme 68
CB Seoane Antelo 79
CB Johnson 71
CDM Westwood 72
RM Niarkhos 71
ST Cassidy 72
ST Nouble 70

Reserves
GK Alvares 63
LB Flood 70
LB Rossini 68
CB Parrish 61
CDM Sartzetakis 69
LM Forde 68
CDM Stephens 68
CM Chadwick 67
CM Severn 67
RM Sau 65
LM Elliott 65
ST Hines 66
ST Berni 64

OnLoan
CDM Simpson 67

Youth Academy
Pos Player - Age/OVR/POT Country
??Bjorn Nebel - 14/50-70/63-89 Germany
GK Mike Digby - 16/54-76/76-94 England
GK Nathan Coulson - 17/54-62/76-86 England

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Sebastian Torres drew a straight red card in the twelfth minute, leaving Wolves with ten men for the final 78 minutes of their Capital One Cup match with Brighton & Hove. The match, however, wasn't decided until Wolves conceded in second half stoppage time giving Brighton a 2-0 win.

Torres will serve a one-match ban on Saturday, when Wolves host Coventry City to open the Championship League season.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Goals by Leigh Griffiths (45') and Elkeson (86') could not overcome numerous defensive lapses and Wolverhampton lost their home, and league, opener to newly-promoted Coventry City, 3-2.

On Tuesday night, Wolverhampton will visit Crystal Palace (1-0-0) and Sebastian Torres will be back in the lineup after serving his suspension for the sending off against Brighton & Hove.

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Elkeson equalized, from Danny Mantom, at 71' but a late goal by Crystal Palace (83') gave Wolves a third consecutive loss to start the season, 2-1.

On Thursday the club announced that they had completed a transfer to bring 26-year-old Striker Alexandre Pato (89 OVR) from AC Milan. The biggest purchase in Wolverhampton history, Pato signed a club-record-shattering 5-year deal worth $300k per week after being purchased for $23.5M.

Boss Dominic Kinnear said that Pato will debut for Wolverhampton this Saturday when his club hosts Middlesbrough (1-1-0).

steelerfan
03-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Alexandre Pato made his presence felt immediately by scoring a first half brace, but ultimately Wolves conceded twice in the second half to draw against Middlesbrough, 2-2.

In the 14th minute, Pato took a pass from Johnny Gorman, made his way past a defender, muscled through two more, and slotted a 12-yard strike into the bottom right corner.

In the 45th minute, Pato wove his way through the defense from the opposing goal line to the left corner of the 6-yard box and rifled a shot into the top right corner for a 2-0 lead.

Middlesbrough converted a set piece at 57' and then equalized at 84' for the draw.

On Tuesday night, Wolves (0-1-2, 21st) will visit Blackburn Rovers (1-1-1, 14th).

steelerfan
03-18-2013, 12:36 AM
A fourth loss, without a win, was the result of Wolves trip to Blackburn. The 3-0 defeat has many questioning the chemistry among Dominic Kinnear's squad, as well as the ability of the wide midfielders.

On Thursday, the club announced the sale of 22-year-old midfielder Anthony Forde (68 OVR) to Southampton for $1.3M (his exact value). The board has allocated $775k from the deal to the transfer budget.

Wolverhampton also announced, on Friday, that they have completed a transfer for Mohammed Abu (80 OVR) from Manchester City in exchange for 21-year-old midfielder Cillian Elliott and $7.5M. Abu, 24, will play LM for Kinnear and step into a starting role immediately. His deal is 3 years and pays $80k per week.

On Saturday, Wolves (0-1-3, 22nd) will host Leeds United (1-0-3, 19th) at Molinuex Stadium. Expect Abu to debut for the club.

steelerfan
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Another blown lead and another loss for Wolves on Saturday as a second half collapse saw a 2-0 advantage turned into a 3-2 loss to Leeds United.

Alexandre Pato converted from the spot at 8' and Sebastian Torres scored from a direct free kick at 38', but it wasn't enough.

To make matters worse, Elkeson suffered a bruised shoulder and will miss 1-2 weeks.

On the positive side, Mohammed Abu was very sharp in attack in his Wolves debut.

The only deal Wolves made on Deadline Day was selling 18-year-old CB James Parrish to Carlisle United for $350k ($210k to budget).

Following the upcoming international break, the Wanderers (0-1-4, 23rd) will visit West Ham United (3-1-1, 7th), on Saturday, September 10.

steelerfan
03-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Over the Summer most experts agreed that Wolverhampton were a side that was destined to gain promotion to the Premiership this season. Dominic Kinnear was anointed by the media as the Savior of the club. Most pundits believed Wolves would win the league title.

Fast forward to September and we find a club in complete disarray following their most recent defeat - a 3-0 loss at West Ham.

Kinnear, in an effort to "take the club to the next level" made several moves in the offseason. They included not re-signing veteran leaders Adam Hammill and Jamie O'Hara, selling wide midfielder Albert Adomah (who led the league in assists last season) and striker Andrea Branzani (who was among the top scorers during the last campaign).

Many saw the moves as being for the best of the club. Afterall, Kinnear was able to bring in a world class star in Alexandre Pato, among his signings.

However, as the new season continues to plummet into the abyss, and as Wolves continue to own a relegation spot, the supporters are calling the savior by alot of other names.

You have to wonder how long the Wolverhampton Board will continue to back Kinnear.

It won't get much easier on Tuesday night as Wolves (0-1-5, 24th) host league-leading Derby County (5-0-1) at Molinuex Stadium.

It's time for Kinnear to gain some ground, or look for work.

steelerfan
03-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Jack Sampson hammered home a rebound in the 49th minute and Wolves looked the better side for most of the match on Tuesday night against league leaders Derby County. However, a pair of late strikes (84', 87') gave the visitors a 2-1 result and dumped Wolverhampton to 0-1-6 in league play.

To make matters worse, Ezequiel Munoz was lost to an ankle sprain and is expected to miss about 3 weeks.

Wolves will try again, on Saturday, to collect their first win of the season when they visit 19th-placed Bristol City (2-1-4).

steelerfan
03-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Mohammed Abu sliced a shot into the Bristol City net at 27', from Jack Sampson, for his first Wolves goal to give his side a 1-0 advantage. However, the theme of the season held form and Wolverhampton could not close the win.

Instead they conceded at 87' and settled for a 1-1 draw. Better than a loss? Yes, but not the kind of results that will get them clear of the relegation zone or save Dominic Kinnear from being sacked this season.

A synopsis of the season - minutes after Abu's glorious goal, he collapsed with a severe ankle sprain and is expected out a month. Abu's misfortune will, no doubt, re-expose Kinnear's paper-thin midfield in the weeks ahead.

Wolves (0-2-6, 24th) must prepare for next Saturday's clash with Sheffield Wednesday (4-0-4, 11th) at Molinuex Stadium without Ezequiel Munoz and Mohammed Abu available for Kinnear.

steelerfan
03-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Dominic Kinnear changed his club's approach, but got a similar result against Sheffield Wednesday.

Wolves settled for a 3-3 draw despite Kinnear switching his side's formation from a 4-3-3 Diamond Wide to a 4-2-4. The change moved Elkeson and Leigh Griffiths out wide on the wings and sent Sebastian Torres back into the deep midfield.

With four forwards in attack, Wolves got goals from Elkeson (17'), Alexandre Pato (45') and Jack Sampson (55'), but ultimately could not hold on for the ever-evasive first win of the season.

Torres chipped in with a pair of assists and Sampson had one as well.

With Saturday's result, Wolves (0-3-6) have moved up to 23rd in the table as they prepare to visit second-placed Reading (7-1-1) on Tuesday night.

steelerfan
03-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Finally!

After eleven matches, 10 in league play, Wolverhampton has it's first victory of 2016-17 after Tuesday night's shock result at Reading, 3-2.

Alexandre Pato (24'), Leigh Griffiths (40'), and Jake Cassidy (74') scored for Wolves on assists from Kieran Gibbs (2) and Luis Pedro Cavanda.

On Saturday, Wolves (1-3-6, 22nd) will host Burnley (3-3-4, 16th) at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
03-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Elkeson (45') and Jack Sampson (81') helped lift Wolves to a 2-2 draw with Burnley in the Championship League. Leigh Griffiths assisted on Elkeson's goal, while it was Elkeson who sent in the late corner that Sampson headed home for the equalizer.

Wolves (1-4-6, 22nd) will visit Blackpool on Tuesday night. Blackpool (4-3-4, 14th) feature former Wanderer Richard Stearman who was sold this past summer. Ezequiel Munoz is expected to return for the league clash.

steelerfan
03-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Richard Stearman scored twice on Tuesday night, but the first was an own goal as Wolves beat Blackpool, 2-1.

Aside from Stearman's folly at 7', the Wanderers got the capper at 89' when Johnny Gorman, who came on late for Elkeson, slotted one into the bottom right corner from Sebastian Torres.

Following an international break, Wolves (2-4-6, 22nd) will host 23rd-placed Leicester City (0-5-7). The match should mark the return of Mohammed Abu from injury.

steelerfan
03-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Alexandre Pato (57') and Jack Sampson (64') scored the goals, Kieran Gibbs and Mohammed Abu registered assists, and David De Gea made 15 saves as Wolves blanked Leicester City, 2-0. For De Gea, it was his first clean sheet of the season.

With the result on Saturday, Wolves (3-4-6) have lept out of the relegation zone and into 19th place in the table. On Tuesday night, the Wanderers will host Watford (4-5-4) who are sitting in thirteenth.

steelerfan
03-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Jack Sampson provided the late heroics as his equalizer in the 89th minute salvaged a 2-2 draw for Wolverhampton. Wolves have gone seven straight without a loss (3-4-0) after opening the season with seven straight without a win (0-1-6).

Danny Mantom, on an assist by Kieran Gibbs, scored at 76' for Wolves' other goal on the night.

Wolverhampton (3-5-6, 18th) will visit Bournemouth (4-2-8, 19th) on Saturday.

steelerfan
03-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Leigh Griffiths (49'), Alexandre Pato (57'), and Jack Sampson (89') each scored second half goals as Wolves ran away with a 3-0 win at Bournemouth.

Danny Mantom, Mohammed Abu, and Johnny Gorman provided assists to the goal scorers and David De Gea, who had 9 saves, kept a clean sheet as Wolves ran their unbeaten streak to 8 (4-4-0).

Griffiths, who opened the scoring, came on in the 33rd minute for Elkeson who exited after suffering a knee sprain. Boss Dominic Kinnear said the initial prognosis indicates that Elkeson will miss about a month, following the injury.

With rumors continuing to swirl that 18-year-old midfielder Sebastian Torres is unsettled at the club, Kinnear gave the first indication that there may be substance to the claims. Torres, the Argentinian phenom, was held out of the squad in favor of Ashley Westwood. Torres has a goal and 3 assists in 14 appearances for the club this season.

Wolverhampton (4-5-6, 16th) will look to continue their run of form next Saturday when they host bottom feeding Peterborough (0-5-10) at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
03-25-2013, 09:15 PM
On Saturday night Wolverhampton extended their unbeaten streak to 9 (5-4-0) with a 2-1 win over bottom-feeding Peterborough at Molinuex Stadium.

Ezequiel Munoz opened the scoring in the 15th minute with a sliding put-back of a rebound following a Wolves corner. Alexandre Pato rifled a shot from the left corner of the 6-yard box, after receiving a pass from Ashley Westwood, that went in off of the right elbow of the woodwork at 43'.

The Pato goal stood through a rain-soaked second half and Wolves kept their run intact.

Sebastian Torres was, once again, an unused substitute by Dominic Kinnear, keeping speculation alive that Torres is homesick and looking for a move from Wolves. The speculation lingers, despite word to the contrary from Torres' agent.

On a positive note, goalkeeper David De Gea was named npower Championship League Player of the Month for October 2016. De Gea was unbeaten in 6 matches during the month (4-2-0), conceding just 6 goals and recording 2 clean sheets.

The Wanderers (5-5-6, 15th) will visit Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night in a league clash. Forest are sixteenth in the table at 5-4-7.

steelerfan
03-25-2013, 11:26 PM
When it's over, there's no doubt that it is.

Wolves' remarkable run of 9 unbeaten matches to dig out of the bottom of the table, out of a relegation spot, and up towards a mid-table position came crashing to an end with a 3-0 loss at Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night.

Sebastian Torres, who has not been featured in the last couple of matches amid rumors that he is unsettled, did play at Forest. In fact, his play was one of the bright spots in an otherwise dismal match.

Wolves got a scare in the 68th minute when Alexandre Pato came off after landing hard on his left shoulder. Boss Dominic Kinnear stated, after the match, that Pato's injury was "of no concern" and that "Pato will be fine next Tuesday".

Kinnear also said, in regards to Elkeson, that despite the injured forward returning to training after suffering a knee sprain, "he is probably a couple weeks away."

The Wanderers (5-5-7, 16th) will not play again until Brighton & Hove (3-6-8, 19th) visit next Tuesday night.

steelerfan
03-25-2013, 11:40 PM
A look at the npower Championship League Table through Match Day 17:

1. Reading 40 points
2. Middlesbrough 37

3. Derby County 36
4. Southampton 33 (+12)
5. West Ham 33 (+11)
6. Blackburn 32

7. Burnley 28 (+7)
8. Crystal Palace 28 (+4)
9. Hull City 27 (+2)
10. Ipswich Town 27 (+1)
11. Sheffield Wednesday 26
12. Blackpool 23 (+3)
13. Leeds United 23 (+1)
14. Nottingham Forest 22
15. Watford 21
16. Wolverhampton 20
17. Bristol City 17
18. Huddersfield Town 15 (-5)
19. Brighton & Hove 15 (-7)
20. Millwall 15 (-13)
21. Coventry City 14 (-13)

22. Bournemouth 14 (-15)
23. Leicester City 13
24. Peterborough 8

steelerfan
03-25-2013, 11:47 PM
Current statistical leaders:

Goals
1. McCormack (Leeds) 8
2. Goodwillie (Blackburn) 8
3. Emnes (Middlesbrough) 8
4. Alexandre Pato (Wolves) 8
5. Austin (Burnley) 8
6. Mayuka (Southampton) 8

Assists
1. Wallace (Burnley) 5
2. Maiga (West Ham) 5
3. Marquis (Millwall) 5
4. 6 tied with 4

Clean Sheets
1. Steele (Middlesbrough) 8
2. McCarthy (Reading) 8
3. Henderson (West Ham) 6
4. 4 tied with 5

steelerfan
03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Another 3-0 loss, this time to Brighton & Hove. To make matters worse, Kieran Gibbs suffered a sprained ankle and will likely miss 3 weeks.

Following the upcoming international break, Wolves (5-5-8, 17th) will visit Hull City who are tenth in the table at 8-4-6. Elkeson is expected to be available for selection by Dominic Kinnear.

steelerfan
03-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Goals from Alexandre Pato (15'), Jack Sampson (43'), and Leigh Griffiths (85') were not enough as Wolverhampton lost for the third consecutive time, 4-3 at Hull City.

Assists were credited to Sebastian Torres and Angelos Niarkhos, for Wolves. It was the first assist of seventeen year old schoolboy Niarkhos' career.

Wolves (5-5-9, 19th) will host Huddersfield Town (6-3-10, 18th) at Molinuex Stadium on Saturday.

steelerfan
03-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Ezequiel Munoz headed in Elkeson's corner at 37' to pull Wolves level at 1 and earn a draw against Huddersfield.

Jack Sampson came off in the first half after spraining his knee, an injury that is expected to keep him out for 3 weeks.

Wolves (5-6-9, 19th) will visit Ipswich Town, who are 9th at 9-5-6, on Tuesday night.

steelerfan
03-30-2013, 08:58 AM
A tough night at Ipswich Town saw Wolves drop a 3-0 result on Tuesday night.

Jose Seoane Antelo was lost for approximately 3 weeks with a sprained ankle.

In the days following the loss, Angelos Niarkhos suffered a hyper-extended knee in training and is expected to miss a month.

Following ten days off, Wolves (5-6-10, 19th) will host Southampton (12-4-5, 5th) at Molinuex Stadium on Saturday, December 10th.

steelerfan
04-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Alexandre Pato took a feed from Leigh Griffiths and fired it into the net in the 45th minute, but Wolves could neither build on the lead, nor protect it as they finished level with Southampton, 1-1.

Following Saturday's result, Wolves (5-7-10) sit nineteenth in the league table as they prepare for next Saturday's trip to The Den to face Millwall. The Lions are twentieth at (5-4-13).

Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear has confirmed that Jack Sampson will be available for selection, following his injury.

steelerfan
04-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Jack Sampson scored in his return, in the 21st minute, after Danny Mantom found him in the area. However, Wolves were undone by a pair of late Millwall goals (82', 90') and the Lions took the 2-1 result.

Mantom came off, later in the first half, with an injury to his left knee. After the match, Dominic Kinnear revealed that Mantom had suffered damage to his lateral collateral ligament and that he is likely to miss 4 months.

Wolverhampton remain in 19th at 5-7-11 as this dismal campaign has reached midseason. On Tuesday night, Kinnear's side will visit Peterborough United - one of the few clubs struggling more than his own. The Posh sit alone at the bottom of the table at 2-7-14.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
04-01-2013, 11:25 PM
npower Championship League table at midseason of 2016-17:

1. Reading 47 points (+15)
2. Derby County 47 (+14)

3. Middlesbrough 45
4. Southampton 44 (+21)
5. Blackburn 44 (+16)
6. West Ham 44 (+14)

7. Hull City 43
8. Ipswich Town 37 (+5)
9. Sheffield Wednesday 37 (+2)
10. Burnley 35 (+4)
11. Crystal Palace 35 (+4)
12. Brighton & Hove 30
13. Blackpool 29 (+6)
14. Huddersfield Town 29 (+1)
15. Leeds United 28
16. Nottingham Forest 27
17. Watford 25 (-5)
18. Bristol City 25 (-6)
19. Wolverhampton 22 (-13)
20. Millwall 22 (-15)
21. Coventry City 20

22. Leicester City 18
23. Bournemouth 16
24. Peterborough 13

steelerfan
04-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Midseason statistical leaders

Goals
1. McCormack (Leeds) 10
2. Goodwillie (Blackburn) 10
3. Emnes (Middlesbrough) 10
4. Alexandre Pato (Wolves) 10
5. LuaLua (Brighton) 10

Assists
1. Maiga (West Ham) 6
2. Evans (Hull City) 6
3. McCabe (Sheffield Wed) 6
4. 4 tied with 5

Clean Sheets
1. McCarthy (Reading) 9
2. Henderson (West Ham) 8
3. Forster (Southampton) 8
4. Steele (Middlesbrough) 8
5. Loach (Ipswich) 7

steelerfan
04-02-2013, 09:21 PM
On Tuesday night, Wolves surrendered a goal in the dying embers of stoppage time that resulted in a humiliating 1-0 loss to Peterborough - the club at the bottom of the league table.

The good news for Dominic Kinnear's under-achieving side is that they have another opportunity to bottom out on Saturday. They'll host the league's new bottom-feeders, Bournemouth. The Cherries come in at 4-4-16 - a perfect mark for a club looking to ensure Kinnear's sacking from Wolves.

steelerfan
04-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Alexandre Pato scored a brace (22', 29') to lead Wolves to a 2-1 win over Bournemouth on Saturday.

Following the match, reports emerged that 18-year-old midfielder Sebastian Torres has officially asked the club for a move away from Wolverhampton. Torres has been rumored to be unsettled for months now. The Argentinean came up through Wolves' youth academy and has been an integral part of the first team since he was 16. Torres has one goal and four assists in 23 appearances this season.

Torres has likely played his last match for the club as Dominic Kinnear announced that he will not feature next Saturday when Wolves (6-7-12, 19th) host Blackpool (8-9-8, 12th) on the eve of the January transfer window.

steelerfan
04-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Ezequiel Munoz drew a straight red card in the 40th minute on an ugly midfield challenge, with Wolves taking 1-0, and put his his side at a tremendous disadvantage. However, Jack Sampson equalized in the 63rd minute (Johnny Gorman assist) and Wolverhampton earned a 1-1 draw against Blackpool on Saturday.

Wolves (6-8-12, 20th) will visit Burnley (10-6-10, 11th) on Tuesday night, without Munoz who is serving a 1-match ban.

steelerfan
04-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Getting this thread caught up.

I took a 4-1 loss at Burnley to open January 2017.

Following the match, I sold Frank Nouble to Norwich City for $1.4M and Ashley Westwood to QPR for $1.6M.

I just drew in the FA Cup at Middlesbrough, 2-2. I got goals from Alexander Pato (46') and Mohamed Abu (73') on assists from Kieran Gibbs and Ezequiel Munoz. The result will force a replay at Molinuex, in the days ahead.

steelerfan
04-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Following the draw with Middlesbrough, I sold Sebastian Torres to Atletico Madrid for $14M. The 18-year-old Argentinian midfielder came up through my youth academy and, despite seeing significant time with the first team since he was sixteen, became unsettled. At least he can join a Spanish-speaking side now.

$8.5M was added to my budget from the sale. I currently have a transfer budget just under $10M with a wage budget just over $100k.

Time to find some players.

steelerfan
04-20-2013, 01:38 AM
Alexander Pato (40') and Jack Sampson (72') each scored for Wolves in a 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace. Sampson and Angelos Niarkhos each registered an assist in the match which saw Crystal Palace draw level in the 89th minute.

Kieran Gibbs will miss about a week after suffering a bruised shoulder on Tuesday. Gibbs is unlikely to be available on Saturday when Wolves (6-9-13, 20th) visit Coventry City (7-6-15, 21st).

steelerfan
04-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Alex Pato was sent off at 72' after his second booking and Wolves lost at Coventry City, 2-1.

The match featured 5 bookings (4 to Wolves) and Johnny Gorman (84') provided the lone goal for the Wanderers.

Pato will serve a one-match ban on Wednesday when Wolves host Middlesbrough in the Round 3 Replay in the FA Cup.

steelerfan
05-04-2013, 03:36 PM
With Pato suspended, Wolves took on Middlesbrough at Molinuex Stadium in an FA Cup Replay. Jack Sampson, who often plays in Pato's shadow, would need to step up with the club's dominant striker ot of the lineup.

Sampson opened the scoring by redirecting a ground cross, courtesy of Leigh Griffiths, at 62'. In the 85th minute, a minute after Middlesbrough equalized from a penalty, Sampson struck again. It was a ground cross from Griffiths once more that Sampson hit with a sliding strike to provide the difference, 2-1.

Following the match the deal to sell disgruntled veteran center back, Roger Johnson, went through as he agreed to terms with Middlesbrough.

On Saturday, Wolves visit Brighton & Hove Albion in the npower Championship League. The following Saturday they'll visit Cardiff City in the Fourth Round Proper of the FA Cup.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

steelerfan
05-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Wolves took the FA Cup momentum to Brighton & Hove on Saturday night, building a 3-0 halftime lead.

Jack Sampson (10') and Alexandre Pato (35', 42') got Wolves out to the big lead with 3 goals that included a brilliant 17-yard volley from Pato. Along with Elkeson, Pato and Sampson were also credited with assists.

Wolves conceded twice after the break but held on for a 3-2 result.

The win moves Wolves to 19th in the table at 7-9-14, ahead of next Saturday's FA Cup tie at Cardiff City.

On Monday, the club announced a pair of Free Transfers. Wolves signed 20-year old center back Gary Loft (71 OVR) and 19-year-old full back Andrew Gardner (67 OVR), both English nationals.

steelerfan
05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
A stoppage time goal on Saturday night secured what had been quite obvious for most of Saturday night - Cardiff City were sacking Wolves from the FA Cup.

Luis Pedro Cavanda's 45th minute sending off left Dominic Kinnear's side down a man for the entire second half and, despite a valiant effort, poor finishing finished Wolverhampton, 2-0.

Cavanda will be suspended for Monday's league clash with Nottingham Forest at Molinuex.

steelerfan
05-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Ahead of the closing of the January window, Wolves earned a 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest. Elkeson provided the difference in the 35th minute when he powered a rebound into the Forest net. David De Gea made 8 saves in keeping the clean sheet.

The story of the clash was Gary Loft who made his Wolves debut. Loft won 7 tackles and was credited with ten interceptions in earning Man of the Match honors. His sliding challenge in the area thwarted Forest's last gasp in stoppage time.

The victory came at a cost, however. Alexandre Pato exited the match in the 14th minute with a sprained knee. Pato could miss a month, according to boss Dominic Kinnear.

Following the match Kinnear announced that Wolves had finalized a contract with CM Ravel Morrison, completing his $10.5M transfer from West Ham. Morrison, 23, will likely plug into the right wing. The England national (79 OVR) will earn $50k per week on a 4-year contract.

steelerfan
05-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Goals from Jack Sampson (35'), Ezequiel Munoz (45'), and Elkeson (75') lifted Wolves to a 3-2 result over Reading on Saturday night.

Jose Seoane Antelo and Mohammed Abu recorded assists for the home side, in victory.

The win moves Wolves (9-9-14) up to sixteenth in the table, 6 points clear of danger.

On Tuesday evening, the Wanderers will visit ninth-placed Sheffield Wednesday (14-8-9). The sides played to a draw, 3-3, on September 24.

steelerfan
05-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Jack Sampson scored a first half brace (29', 45') and Elkeson equalized late (73') as Wolves earned a 3-3 draw at Sheffield Wednesday.

Elkeson added an assist and newly-acquired Ravel Morrison recorded a pair of assists for Wolverhampton.

Wolves (9-10-14, 16th) will visit Southampton (19-7-6, 2nd) next Tuesday night. The sides played to a 1-1 draw at Molinuex Stadium on December 10th

steelerfan
05-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Wolves fell at Southampton on Tuesday night, 1-0. Juan suffered a sprained knee and is expected to miss about 3 weeks.

Following a week-and-a-half off, Wolverhampton (9-10-15, 17th) will host eighth-placed Ipswich Town (15-11-8). Wolves dropped a 3-0 result to them on November 29.

steelerfan
05-12-2013, 11:34 AM
A second consecutive loss was in the cards for Wolves on Saturday as visiting Ipswich Town got the result, 2-1.

Alex Pato scored Wolves' lone goal in the 38th minute by redirecting a Ravel Morrison cross past the opposing keeper.

Wolves, on just 2 days rest, will host West Ham on Tuesday night. The Hammers are third in the npower Championship League table at 21-6-8. Wolves (9-10-16, 17th) lost 3-0 at West Ham on September 10.

steelerfan
05-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Jose Antonio Seoane Antelo headed in a Jake Cassidy free kick in the sixth minute and, just two minutes later, Leigh Griffiths fired in a pass from Kevin Flood as Wolves earned a 2-2 draw with West Ham on Tuesday night at Molinuex Stadium.

Wolves (9-11-16, 18th) will visit Leeds United (8-12-16, 20th) next Tuesday, ahead of the upcoming international break.

steelerfan
05-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Jack Sampson (43') tapped in a Ravel Morrison cross, Kieran Gibbs (49') curled a shot in from 12 yards, and Juan (53') headed home an Elkeson corner as Wolves earned a 3-2 win at Leeds United on Tuesday night.

After missing more than 3 months recovering from a torn LCL, CDM Danny Mantom is expected to be available for selection by Dominic Kinnear when Wolverhampton return to action following an international break. How Mantom will fit back into the side remains to be seen.

On Saturday March 25, Wolves (10-11-16, 17th) will visit Watford (13-11-13, 13th). The two sides played to a 2-2 draw at Molinuex Stadium on October 18.

steelerfan
05-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Danny Mantom returned to the pitch and Elkeson scored a hat trick as Wolves won at Watford on Saturday, 3-2.

Mantom, who has missed more than 3 months with a torn LCL, showed little rust even as Alexandre Pato and Ezequiel Munoz were held out following appearances with their respective national squads.

Elkeson however, was the real hero. Starting at Pato's vacated striker position, Elkeson converted from the spot at 21', struck from distance at 30', and headed in a Jack Sampson cross at 55' to lead Wolves to the points.

Next Saturday, Wolves (11-11-16, 16th) will visit Leicester City (9-11-18, 20th). Wolves earned a 2-0 result against Leicester on October 15.

steelerfan
05-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Wolves played to a 1-1 draw with Leicester as Jack Sampson scored their only goal by tapping in a rebound in the 70th minute.

Wolverhampton (11-12-16, 16th) will visit Huddersfield Town (12-10-17, 15th) on Tuesday night. On November 26, the sides played to a 1-1 draw at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
05-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Alexandre Pato refused to settle for anything less than a Wolverhampton win on Tuesday night as he struck 4 times, including the decider in stoppage time, as Wolves earned the 4-3 result at Huddersfield Town.

Pato, whose goals came at 7', 49', 80' and 90', was assisted by Ravel Morrison, Kieran Gibbs and Mohamed Abu. Pato put 4 of his 7 shots on target - all 4 of those were into the Huddersfield net.

Danny Mantom was lost in the 58th minute with an ankle injury and boss Dominic Kinnear speculated in his post-match briefing that Mantom could be "down for a month, we'll see". Kinnear added, "it looks bad for Danny".

steelerfan
05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Up next, Wolves (12-12-16, 15th) will host Hull City (25-6-9, 2nd) on Saturday. Wolverhampton dropped the previous clash between the clubs, 4-3 on November 19.

steelerfan
05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Wolverhampton jumped on Hull City early, when Jack Sampson opened the scoring in the second minute, then rode another Alex Pato hat trick to a 4-3 win.

Pato scored at 13', 31', and 50' to extend his league-leading goal total to 20. Sampson, Elkeson and Jose Seoane Antelo were credited with assists.

Wolves (13-12-16, 14th will host Millwall on Tuesday night. Millwall (9-8-24, 21st) are just one point clear of the relegation zone however one of their nine wins came against the Wanderers on December 17, 2-1.

steelerfan
05-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Wolves built a huge 4-0 lead at the half and held on for a 4-2 result on Tuesday night against a hapless Millwall side.

Jack Sampson scored a brace (9', 19') and was joined by Ravel Morrison (36') and Alexandre Pato (45') on the scoresheet. Pato assisted on Sampson's first goal and was joined in that department by Johnny Gorman and Gary Loft, with Loft getting 2 assists.

Wolverhampton's late push to finish in the top half of the table has them within 4 points of twelfth-placed Crystal Palace with for match days remainin at 14-12-16, though it seems unlikely to save Dominic Kinnear from being sacked at the conclusion of the campaign.

Next Tuesday night, Kinnear's side will play host to Bristol City (11-11-20, 19th). The clubs drew, 1-1, in their previous clash on September 17.

steelerfan
05-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Alexandre Pato equalized in the 81st minute on Tuesday night but he failed to convert from the spot in the 85th as Wolves settled for a draw with Bristol City, 1-1.

Despite a dominant performance, Dominic Kinnear's club may have been fortunate to earn a point. Poor finishing hurt Wolverhampton all evening as they put just 5 of their 22 shots on target.

Mohammed Abu was shown yellow moments after Pato's failed penalty which will result in Abu picking up a one-match ban for accumulation.

On Saturday Wolves (14-13-16, 14th) will visit second-place Derby County (26-8-9) as Kinnear's side look to keep their recent run of form (5-3-0) in tact. Derby County earned a 2-1 result in their previous clash on September 13.

steelerfan
05-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Despite falling behind 2-0 in the 28th minute on Saturday afternoon, Wolves managed a draw at Derby County.

Alexandre Pato converted from the spot at 40' and then equalized at 63' by tapping the ball in after the opposing keeper spilled a Leigh Griffiths shot.

On Tuesday night, Wolves (14-14-16, 14th) will host Blackburn Rovers (24-11-9, 5th) at Molinuex Stadium. Blackburn got a 3-0 result in the clubs previous clash on August 23.

steelerfan
05-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Alexandre Pato's goal in the 70th minute was the only bright spot for Wolves in a humiliating 5-1 loss to Blackburn Rovers on Tuesday night.

Dominic Kinnear's side will close out a disappointing 2016-17 season on Saturday when Wolves (14-14-17, 14th) visit Middlesbrough (22-16-7, 6th) who are trying to hold onto the final promotion playoff spot. The clubs have met three times this season, including twice in the FA Cup, with the Wanderers earning a win following a pair of draws.

steelerfan
05-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Another one-sided match and another humbling defeat closed out Wolves' campaign - and possibly boss Dominic Kinnear's term with the club - on Saturday as Middlesbrough earned a 4-0 win.

Kinnear featured a side of substitutes and reserves which saw several players make their club debuts including: Andrew Gardner, Nicolas Rossini, Eugenio Berni, Danny Chadwick, Mattia Sau and Harry Severn. Center back Gary Loft drew a red card and was sent off in the second half.

steelerfan
05-24-2013, 11:40 PM
2016-17 npower Championship League Final Table

1. Southampton 96
2. West Ham 93

3. Blackburn 89
4. Derby County 88
5. Hull City 87
6. Middlesbrough 85

7. Reading 84
8. Burnley 68
9. Ipswich Town 67 (+7)
10. Sheffield Wednesday 67 (+1)
11.Blackpool 66
12. Brighton & Hove 64
13. Crystal Palace 62
14. Huddersfield Town 57
15. Wolverhampton 56
16. Leeds United 54
17. Nottingham Forest 53
18. Bristol City 51 (-12)
19. Watford 51 (-14)
20. Leicester City 44
21. Millwall 41

22. Coventry City 39
23. Peterborough 30
24. Bournemouth 28

steelerfan
05-24-2013, 11:50 PM
2016-17 npower Championship League Leaders

Golden Boot
1. Alexandre Pato (Wolves) 28
2. Emnes (Middlesbrough) 23
3. Jack Sampson (Wolves) 19
4. Jutkiewicz (Middlesbrough) 18
5. 2 with 17

Assists
1. Ward (Derby County) 10
1. Carson (Ipswich Town) 10
3. Emnes (Middlesbrough) 9
3. Maiga (West Ham) 9
5. 2 with 8

Golden Glove
1. Henderson (West Ham) 18
2. Forster (Southampton) 17
3. Fielding (Derby County) 15
3. McCarthy (Reading) 15
5. Jakupovic (Hull City) 13

steelerfan
05-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Notable winners for 2016-17

UEFA Champions League: Bayern Munich

UEFA Europa League: Inter

English FA Cup: Manchester City

English League Cup: Manchester United

Barclays Premier League: Chelsea

npower Championship League: Southampton

npower League 1: Charlton Athletic

npower League 2: Gillingham

French Ligue 1: Marseille

German Bundesliga: Bayern Munich

Italian Serie A: AC Milan

Dutch Eredivisie: Ajax

Russian Premier League: Spartak Moskva

Spanish La Liga: FC Barcelona

Relegated to npower Championship League: Wigan Athletic, Cardiff City, West Bromwich Albion

Promoted to Premier League: Southampton, West Ham United, Hull City

Relegated to League 1: Coventry City, Peterborough, Bournemouth

Promoted to Championship League: Charlton Athletic, Port Vale, Barnsley

steelerfan
05-25-2013, 12:23 AM
On June 9, 2017 after months of speculation Jack Sampson, who rejected a contract extension from Wolves, has submitted a transfer request to the club.

steelerfan
05-25-2013, 12:46 AM
On July 7, 2017, a deal was completed with West Ham to send 24-year-old striker Jack Sampson to the Hammers for $11M. Sampson signed a new 4-year contract with his new club which will pay him $60k per week.

steelerfan
05-25-2013, 12:54 AM
18-year-old CDM Phil Simpson has been sent on a season loan to MK Dons.

steelerfan
05-25-2013, 01:16 AM
20-year-old CB Jagos Jovanic (78 OVR) was signed on a free transfer to a 4-year deal worth $30k per week on July 16.

Alexandre Pato was sold to Real Madrid for $70M on July 18. Pato agreed to a 3-year contract worth $250k per year with the Spanish giants.

steelerfan
05-25-2013, 01:27 AM
Juan suffered a broken toe in the season's first friendly, a 3-0 win over Botafogo. The CB is expected to miss about 6 weeks

Wolves have sold goalkeeper David De Gea to Lazio for $17.5M purchased striker Romelu Lukaku, 24, (83 OVR) from Chelsea for $27M. Lukaku agreed to a 3-year deal worth $110k per week.

steelerfan
05-25-2013, 01:43 AM
LB Nicolas Rossini, 20, has been sent on a season loan Bradford City.

Wolves will open the 2017-18 season without Ezequiel Munoz who suffered a leg contusion in training. Additionally, Carl Ikeme (68 OVR) will be the first team goalkeeper as the club negotiates a contract with Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois (80 OVR).

steelerfan
05-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Wolves' Manager Dominic Kinnear will enter the 2017-18 season with a career record of 111 wins, 66 draws, and 87 losses in 264 matches with Houston Dynamo, Port Vale, and Wolverhampton. Since his mid-term take over at Wolves in 2013-14, Kinnear has posted a record of 72-49-59 in 180 matches with the club.

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Wolves opened the 17-18 season with heartbreak as they were eliminated from the Capital One Cup by a 1-0 defeat in Extra Time by Preston North End. Despite outshooting their League 1 opponents 30(10) to 12(3), Wolves were unable to finish and were shock result victims when Preston converted a penalty in the 113th minute.

After the match, Wolves announced that they have agreed on a 3-year contract with Thibaut Courtois (80 OVR) worth $80k per week. Courtois, 25, will immediately assume the first team goalkeeping position now that his $19M transfer from Chelsea is complete.

Wolves will open the Championship League season on Saturday when they visit Reading. With a more defensive approach to the new season, boss Dominic Kinnear said he has no plans to scrap the 4-4-1-1 formation that his side debuted in the loss at Preston North End. After missing the Capital One clash, defender Ezequiel Munoz is expected to be fit for the trip to Reading.

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 02:19 AM
Thibaut Courtois earned Man of the Match honors in his Wolverhampton debut at Reading on Saturday. Courtois did concede a penalty in the 47th minute, but he made 8 saves and assisted on Kieran Gibbs' goal with a beautifully placed goal kick that put Gibbs clear for a bottom corner strike in the 34th minute.

Gibbs' goal followed an Elkeson volley of a Romelu Lukaku volley in the 30th minute that opened the scoring. Lukaku would then bag his first goal for the club in the 50th minute to close the scoring and give Wolves the 3-1 result.

Ezequiel Munoz was removed in the 14th minute following an awkward landing when he minted to play a Wolverhampton corner. Munoz twisted his knee and, following the match, boss Dominic Kinnear confirmed his defender will miss about a month with a spain.

The Wanderers will open their home schedule on Tuesday night when they host Blackpool.

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Romelu Lukaku scored his first hat-trick for Wolves in his home debut, including the match-winner in stoppage time, as Wolverhampton best Blackpool, 3-2, on Tuesday night at Molinuex Stadium.

Lukaku struck twice in the first half (5', 38') to lift the Wanderers to a 2-0 lead, but former Wolves' player Richard Stearman leveled the match at 88' by heading in a corner. That set the stage for Lukaku's last-gasp heroics.

Ravel Morrison and Danny Mantom each recorded an assist in the win and Thibaut Courtois made 13 saves.

On Saturday, Wolves (2-0-0) will visit Huddersfield Town (2-0-0).

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Elkeson (24') and Mohammed Abu (29') provided the goals, Kieran Gibbs tallied an assist, and Thibaut Courtois made 8 saves and kept a clean sheet as Wolves moved their mark to 3-0-0 in the npower Championship League with a 2-0 win at Huddersfield Town on Saturday.

Tuesday night will see a clash between Wolves and Bristol City (0-1-2, 21st) at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Romelu Lukaku scored his second hat trick, in as many home games with Wolves, as Wolverhampton got a 4-2 result over Bristol City on Tuesday night.

Elkeson, Leigh Griffiths, Danny Mantom, and Ravel Morrison each recorded an assist and Kieran Gibbs (33') joined Lukaku (45', 53', and 86') on the scoresheet with a brilliant diving header off of a corner. Lukaku's third goal was, perhaps, his finest to date. Sprinting toward the 6-yard line, the Belgian striker struck a venomous volley to the underside of the crossbar, following an early cross from Morrison.

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Following the win over Bristol City, Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear announced that the club had reached an agreement on a 3-year contract with Fernando, completing his move from Gremio. The transfer was reportedly priced at $15M and the contract is said to pay the 25-year-old CDM (83 OVR) $60k per week.

Fernando should be available for selection to Kinnear on Saturday when Wolverhampton (4-0-0, 2nd) travel to Blackburn (2-0-2, 10th).

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Fernando made his presence felt in his Wolves debut with a goal in the 74th minute and Lukaku added one of his own in the 81st minute as Wolves remained perfect in Championship League play on Saturday, beating Blackburn 2-1.

After a transfer period that saw the departures of Jack Samson (West Ham), Alexandre Pato (Real Madrid), and David De Gea (Lazio) and the arrivals of Jagos Jovanic (free), Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea) and Fernando Martins (Gremio), Wolves remained silent on deadline day.

On Saturday, September 9, following an international break Wolves (5-0-0, 2nd) will host Leicester City (2-2-1, 11th) at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
05-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Fernando (7') scored his second goal in as many games with his new club and Elkeson added the difference-maker in the 67th minute as Wolves kept their perfect league record intact with a 2-1 win over Leicester City.

Kieran Gibbs and Romelu Lukaku were credited with assists in the match.

The victory has Wolverhampton (6-0-0) alone atop the npower Championship League table with a perfect 18 points. It marks the first time that a Dominic Kinnear-led club has been in such a position - at Houston, Port Vale, or Wolverhampton. Wolves will visit Nottingham Forest (3-3-0, 7th) on Tuesday night.

steelerfan
05-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Wolves and their supporters have got to be feeling as though this team is destined to, at the very least, gain automatic promotion to the Premier League after Tuesday night's thrilling come-from-behind win at Nottingham Forest pushed their league record to 7-0-0.

Trailing 1-0 in the 90th minute, Leigh Griffiths, who came off the bench, took a pass from Fernando and struck from 14 yards to equalize. The Wanderers didn't stop there, however. Ravel Morrison had his 19-yard effort float in, after deflecting off of an opponent, in stoppage time, delivering the last-gasp winner.

Wolves, who sit atop the league table with 21 points, will host Charlton Athletic (1-0-6, 23rd) on Saturday.

steelerfan
05-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Thibaut Courtois made 7 saves and kept a clean sheet and super sub Leigh Griffiths struck from 10 yards with a first time touch of a spilt rebound in the 82nd minute as Wolves remained perfect in league play with a 1-0 win over Charlton Athletic.

Wolves (8-0-0, 1st) will visit Brighton & Hove Albion (2-3-3, 14th) next Saturday.

steelerfan
05-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Romelu Lukaku (58') converted from the spot and Leigh Griffiths (77') came off the bench to score yet again but it wasn't enough to keep the Wanders 8-match win steak intact as they drew, 2-2 with Brighton & Hove on Saturday.

Luis Pedro Cavanda was credited with an assist on Griffiths' goal, which was, in reality, a ball that deflected in off of the well-positioned substitute.

Wolves (8-1-0, 1st) will play host to West Bromwich Albion (7-1-1, 3rd) on Tuesday night in what is shaping up to be a crucial early-season clash between top 3 sides.

steelerfan
05-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Kieran Gibbs scored a late equalizer (84'), to go with an assist, on his birthday to earn Man of the Match honors in the season's biggest clash to date. Leigh Griffiths, the Wolves' sensational substitute, provided late heroics again - this time scoring the winner in the 90th minute.

Fernando and Johnny Gorman also recorded assists and Romelu Lukaku opened the scoring with a goal in the 11th minute as Wolves earned a huge 3-2 result over West Brom.

Wolverhampton (9-1-0, 1st) are still unbeaten in the Championship League and will visit Sheffield Wednesday (3-2-5, 18th) on Saturday.

steelerfan
05-28-2013, 08:59 PM
First half goals from Luis Pedro Cavanda (17'), Kieran Gibbs (35') and Fernando (37') set the stage for a dominant 3-1 result for Wolves at Sheffield Wednesday.

Fernando also added an assist and was joined in that department by Ravel Morrison.

Wolverhampton is currently 5 points clear of second-placed Derby County at 10-1-0 and well host Cardiff City (4-3-4, 14th) on Tuesday night at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
05-29-2013, 09:42 PM
After falling behind, 1-0 in the 18th minute, Wolves got three equalizer from Elkeson (21'), and the difference-makers from Romelu Lukaku (24', 42') as they held on in the second half for a 3-1 result over Cardiff City. Kieran Gibbs and Luis Pedro Cavanda were credited with assists on the night.

The Wanderers (11-1-0, 1st) enter the upcoming international break 5 points clear of second-placed Derby County and will visit Crystal Palace (3-4-5, 16th) after the break, on Saturday, October 14.

steelerfan
06-02-2013, 01:27 AM
Fernando struck a brilliant 29-yard free kick in the 7th minute, Romelu Lukaku scored a hat trick (36', 57', 79'), and Kieran Gibbs, Jagos Jovanic and Jake Cassidy each recorded assists as Wolves crushed Crystal Palace on Saturday, 4-1.

Wolverhampton (12-1-0) are now 6 points clear of second-placed West Brom and will host Burnley (6-4-3, 10th) at Molinuex Stadium on Tuesday night.

steelerfan
07-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Thibaut Courtois recorded 9 saves and kept a clean sheet on Tuesday night, but Wolves were kept off the scoresheet as well and Burnley earned a 0-0 draw at Wolverhampton.

Wolves (12-2-0, 1st) remain atop the npower Championship League table with 38 points, 6 points clear of second-placed Derby County (10-2-2), and will visit Wigan Athletic (7-3-4, 8th) on Saturday.

jaymo76
07-02-2013, 10:52 AM
That was a long break in updates. I thought maybe you have finished FIFA for this year.

steelerfan
07-02-2013, 12:04 PM
That was a long break in updates. I thought maybe you have finished FIFA for this year.

Yeah, a full month.

I haven't shut it down at all, just been spending alot of free time on a business venture that I'm working on.

jaymo76
07-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey Steeler, out of curiosity, have you changed your PS account. I was checking friends a few nights ago and it looks like you haven't been on in like 3-4 months.

steelerfan
07-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Hey Steeler, out of curiosity, have you changed your PS account. I was checking friends a few nights ago and it looks like you haven't been on in like 3-4 months.

No, I haven't. However, I moved about 8 months ago and have never bothered to get internet at the house. I will again, at some point. Knowing me, it will likely be when I'm forced to by work. :p

steelerfan
07-03-2013, 10:08 PM
An own goal by Wigan CB Gabriel Paletta (45') gave Wolves the halftime lead and Romelu Lukaku (75') gave them breathing space as Thibaut Courtois (8 saves) kept a second consecutive clean sheet to secure a 2-0 result for Wolverhampton on Saturday.

Man of the Match, Kieran Gibbs assisted on Lukaku's second half finish.

The Wanderers (13-2-0, 1st) have moved eight points clear of second-placed Derby County and will host Millwall (2-3-10, 21st) next Saturday at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
07-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Wolverhampton needed every one of Romelu Lukaku's 4 goals (12', 35', 73', 77') to avoid a shock result on Saturday in a downpour at Molinuex Stadium. Lukaku, who has taken the Championship League by storm with 20 goals in 16 matches, vollied a brilliant Mohammed Abu cross to provide the difference in Wolves' 4-3 win over Millwall.

Elkeson and Ezequiel Munoz joined Abu with assists.

Wolves (14-2-0, 1st) will visit Middlesbrough (7-3-6, 10th) on Tuesday night.

steelerfan
07-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Thibaut Courtois kept his third clean sheet over the last four matches and made thirteen saves as Wolverhampton crushed Middlesbrough, 4-0.

Elkeson scored a first half hat trick (22', 32', 39') and was joined on the scoresheet by Ezequiel Munoz who headed in a corner in the 71st minute to round out the scoring. Luis Pedro Cavanda, Romelu Lukaku, and Kieran Gibbs recorded assists for Wolves.

Next Tuesday night, Dominic Kinnear will lead his side to his former ground. Wolves (15-2-0 1st) will visit Port Vale (1-2-14, 24th) who Kinnear managed for parts of the 12-13 and 13-14 campaigns in League 1 before taking over at Wolverhampton. Kinnear went 27-9-13 at Port Vale and has gone 87-51-60 with Wolves.

steelerfan
07-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Louis Dodds goal in the 89th minute delivered a shock result to Wolverhampton on Tuesday night as Port Vale were victorious, 1-0.

Poor finishing contributed heavily to Wolves' struggles - just 29% of their 17 shots were on target. Wolverhampton were handed their first loss of the Championship League campaign. Fernando suffered a sprained ankle and will miss about 3 weeks, according to Dominic Kinnear.

Following an international break, Wolves (15-2-1, 1st) will host Ipswich Town (2-9-7, 20th) on Saturday, November 18.

steelerfan
07-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Wolves outshot Ipswich Town 23-8 on Saturday afternoon but could not finish, drawing nil-nil.

Romelu Lukaku, the Championship League's leading goal-getter with 20, suffered an ankle sprain in the 16th minute as was replaced by Jake Cassidy. Boss Dominic Kinnear lamented that Lukaku will be down for about a month with the injury.

Kinnear also stated that Fernando is close to returning to the first team from his ankle injury. Kinnear would not commit to having Fernando in the lineup next Saturday when Wolverhampton (15-3-1, 1st) visit Barnsley (5-3-11, 19th) though he did say it looks promising.

steelerfan
07-19-2013, 11:24 PM
No Lukaku? No problem.

Kieran Gibbs ended a 200+ minute scoring drought for Wolverhampton on Saturday with a goal in the 4th minute as the Wanderers cruised to a 3-0 win at Barnsley.

Gibbs then crossed the ball into the area in the 15th minute to Fernando who struck a one-touch volley from twelve yards for a 2-0 advantage. Jake Cassidy closed the scoring in the 30th minute on an assist from Jagos Jovanic and Thibaut Courtois kept his second consecutive clean sheet with eleven saves.

Fernando, back from an ankle injury, played just the first half and admitted after the match that, despite his brilliance, he was only "eighty percent".

Wolves (16-3-1, 1st) will host Watford (6-5-9, 14th) on Tuesday night at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
07-19-2013, 11:35 PM
npower Championship League

League Table through Match Day 20

1. Wolverhampton 51 points
2. West Bromwich 45

3. Blackburn 42
4. Derby County 40
5. Reading 39 (+13)
6. Huddersfield Town 39 (+11)

7. Wigan Athletic 34
8. Blackpool 33 (+6)
9. Burnley 33 (+5)
10. Cardiff City 32
11. Middlesbrough 30
12. Leicester City 27 (+2)
13. Nottingham Forest 27 (-3)
14. Watford 23 (-7)
15. Leeds United 23 (-9)
16. Sheffield Wednesday 22
17. Brighton & Hove 21
18. Crystal Palace 20
19. Ipswich Town 19
20. Barnsley 18
21. Bristol City 16

22. Millwall 13 (-15)
23. Charlton Athletic 13 (-18)
24. Port Vale 8

steelerfan
07-20-2013, 02:28 AM
Jake Cassidy assisted on goals by Mohamed Abu (28') and Elkeson (38') and Thibaut Courtois made 8 saves in keeping a third consecutive clean sheet as Wolverhampton earned a 2-0 result over Watford on Tuesday night.

Wolves (17-3-1, 1st) will travel to Derby County (12-5-4, 6th) on Saturday, December 9 following an international break. Boss Dominic Kinnear stated that star Romelu Lukaku is expected to be back in training by then, but not likely to be featured.

steelerfan
07-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Danny Mantom came on late to feed super-sub Leigh Griffiths with an assist as Griffiths lasered a short-side strike from 12 yards into the top corner in the 88th minute to give Wolves a 1-0 result at Derby County.

Keeper Thibaut Courtois made 10 saves and collected his fourth consecutive clean sheet. The Belgian youngster has not allowed a goal since the late winner he surrendered to Louis Dobbs in the Wanderers only league loss at Port Vale.

Elkeson picked up his fifth yellow of the season and, with it, as one-match ban. Elkeson will miss next Saturday's clash with Leeds United (8-3-11, 14th) at Molinuex Stadium. However, Wolves' Manager Dominic Kinnear said that Romelu Lukaku should be available for selection following his ankle injury.

steelerfan
07-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Romelu Lukaku showed the entire Championship League that he was back on Saturday night when he returned from injury in style. Lukaku's hat trick (4', 29', 47') paced Wolves to a 4-1 result over Leeds United.

Fernando and Ezequiel Munoz assisted on Lukaku's strikes while Leigh Griffiths added an 84th minute goal on an assist from teenage sensation Kwesi Hines - who made his season debut by coming on for Lukaku in the 77th minute.

On Tuesday night Wolves (19-3-1, 1st) will host Crystal Palace (5-7-11, 19th) at Molinuex Stadium. The Wanderers currently sit 8 points clear of second-placed West Bromwich Albion.

steelerfan
07-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Romelu Lukaku's 39th minute strike was all that Wolves needed to defeat Crystal Palace on Tuesday night as Thibaut Courtois notched his 5th clean sheet in six matches. Courtois recorded 6 saves in the Wanderers 1-0 win.

Wolverhampton (20-3-1, 1st) will visit Leicester City (9-6-9, 12th) on Saturday.

steelerfan
07-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Elkeson registered a goal (34') and an assist as Wolves blanked Leicester City, 2-0. Elkeson's goal was assisted by Fernando, while Elkeson assisted on a strike by Romelu Lukaku (72'). Thibaut Courtois made 8 saves in recording his tenth clean sheet of the season.

Wolves (21-3-1, 1st) will host Blackburn Rovers (16-4-5, 3rd) on Saturday, December 30 to close out the 2017 calendar year. The Wanderers are expected to be without Jose Antonio Seoane Antelo for 3 weeks, after he suffered a sprained knee in the win over Leicester.

steelerfan
07-27-2013, 12:21 AM
After Wolves' Boss Dominic Kinnear attacked Blackburn in the media during the week, he needed his club to back his words on the pitch. They did just that, taking another big step towards gaining automatic promotion, with a 4-1 victory over the Rovers at Molinuex Stadium.

Romelu Lukaku was brilliant, scoring a brace (17', 42'p) and was joined by Fernando (27') and Elkeson (63') on the scoresheet. Mohamed Abu, Juan, and Jagos Jovanic added assists for the Wanderers who completely controlled the match until Blackburn scored in the 69th minute.

Following the match, the club announced that 17-year-old goalkeeper Nicky Easton (59 OVR) was signed from the youth academy for 2 years. Wolves will likely try to loan the Scottish teen out during the upcoming transfer window.

Wolverhampton (22-3-1, 1st) will begin 2018 a full ten points clear of second-placed West Brom (18-5-3). The Wanderers will host Barnsley (5-6-15, 20th) on Tuesday night without the services of Thibaut Courtois. The Belgian keeper suffered a mild concussion in training and will be replaced by Carl Ikeme.

steelerfan
07-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Elkeson (45') and Romelu Lukaku (59') reached the scoresheet with goals and Ravel Morrison had an assist, but Wolves felt the absence of Thibaut Courtois. Without their top keeper on Tuesday night, the Wanderers conceded three times and lost to Barnsley, 3-2 - just their second league loss of the season.

On Saturday Wolverhampton will visit League 2 leaders Colchester United in the 3rd round proper of the FA Cup.

steelerfan
08-02-2013, 02:21 PM
In a bizarre FA Cup tie on Saturday, Wolverhampton drew with Colchester United 3-3.

Goals from Ravel Morrison (5'), Elkeson (60'), and Leigh Griffiths (83') (along with assists from Fernando and Jagos Jovanic) could not undo the sending off of Romelu Lukaku. Lukaku was booked in the 22nd and 79th minutes, allowing an 85th minute equalizer that will force a replay at Molinuex Stadium on Wednesday, January 17.

Lukaku received a one-match ban from the FA, for his sending off, and will miss Wolves (22-3-2, 1st) trip to Ipswich Town (8-11-8, 12th) for a league clash on Tuesday night.

Boss Dominic Kinnear has ruled out the return of GK Thibaut Courtois (concussion) and CB Jose Antonio Seoane Antelo (knee), despite referring to both as "day-to-day".

steelerfan
08-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Tuesday night's league clash at Ipswich Town ended in a 2-2 draw with goals from Elkeson (49') and Leigh Griffiths (67'), who replaced Romelu Lukaku in the lineup. Mohamed Abu and Fernando were credited with assists.

With the draw, backup keeper Carl Ikeme now has a record of 0-2-2, across all competitions this season.

Ahead of Saturday's match, Wolves' boss Dominic Kinnear announced that both GK Thibaut Courtois (concussion) and CB Jose Antonio Seoane Antelo (knee) would be available for selection when Wolverhampton (22-4-2, 1st) visit Bristol City (4-7-17, 21st).

The club also announced that they have extended the contract of CDM Danny Mantom (80 OVR) through the 2021-22 season. The 23-year-old English national signed after initially refusing the extension which reportedly will pay him $50k per week, an increase of $41k per week.

The club's commitment to Mantom spurred the announcement that 28-year-old Kieran Gibbs (81 OVR) is now considered surplus and has been transfer listed.

jaymo76
08-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Steeler, are you going to stay with Wolverhampton when FIFA 14 drops or are you going to be starting all over again with Houston in the MLS?

steelerfan
08-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Steeler, are you going to stay with Wolverhampton when FIFA 14 drops or are you going to be starting all over again with Houston in the MLS?

When I get 14, I'll likely start over at Houston. That said, I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm going to get 14 on the PS3. I may keep going on 13 and wait for PS4. It will be tough to resist the temptation, but I don't want to kill this career for one on 14 that will only last a few months until PS4.

steelerfan
08-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Additionally, on FIFA 12, I went from Houston to SC Braga to Schalke 04 to Manchester City and finally to Manchester United. I've done the "start all over" thing before. :)

jaymo76
08-03-2013, 03:24 PM
When I get 14, I'll likely start over at Houston. That said, I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm going to get 14 on the PS3. I may keep going on 13 and wait for PS4. It will be tough to resist the temptation, but I don't want to kill this career for one on 14 that will only last a few months until PS4.

True but there is speculation that dynasties started on PS3 MAY be able to be transferred to PS4. Apparently we should here more in August (according to Pasta).

steelerfan
08-03-2013, 11:44 PM
True but there is speculation that dynasties started on PS3 MAY be able to be transferred to PS4. Apparently we should here more in August (according to Pasta).

Definitely something that will be a factor in my decision, that is for sure.

steelerfan
08-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Thibaut Courtois made his return on Saturday and conceded a goal in the 4th minute, against Bristol City. From then on, he was brilliant making nineteen saves and earning Man of the Match honors in a 2-1 win.

Romelu Lukaku sliced through the defense and sent a screaming 17-yard strike into the net to equalize in the 42nd minute and Elkeson scored the match-winner just 3 minutes later, with Jose Antonio Seoane Antelo assisting on Lukaku's goal.

On Wednesday evening, Wolves will host Colchester United in the Round 3 Replay in the FA Cup. The clubs played to a 3-3 draw eleven days earlier.

steelerfan
08-04-2013, 02:57 AM
Elkeson came off the bench to provide the difference-making goal in the 83rd minute as Wolverhampton eliminated Colchester United with a 3-2 win at Molinuex Stadium on Wednesday night.

Ravel Morrison opened the scoring in the 20th minute (on an assist by Ezequiel Munoz) and Jake Cassidy upped the Wolves lead to 2-0 by tapping in a rebound in the 55th minute.

Colchester scored at 70' and 79' to equalize before Elkeson came on to provide the late game heroics.

After the match, Wolves learned the draw for the 4th round of the FA Cup. The club has drawn to host Manchester City who currently top the Premier League table - a tall order, for sure. The match is scheduled for Saturday, January 27.

Next up for the Wanderers (23-4-2, 1st) is a league clash with Huddersfield Town (15-6-8, 6th) this Saturday at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
08-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Elkeson (57') scored the lone Wolverhampton goal in a disappointing 3-1 loss to Huddersfield Town. The result has allowed second-placed West Brom to pull within 2 points of the league-leading Wanderers.

Up next is an FA Cup 4th Round tie with Manchester City at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
08-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Romelu Lukaku scored in the 35th minute and Elkeson added a goal of his own in the 54th as Wolves earned a 2-2 draw with Manchester City. Danny Mantom and Jose Antonio Seoane Antelo were credited with assists.

The draw results in a crucial fixture pileup as Wolverhampton (23-4-3, 1st) will have just 1 day off before a crucial league clash at West Bromwich Albion (22-5-3, 2nd) on Monday.

Following that match, Wolves will get just 1 more day off before visiting Etihad Stadium to face Manchester City in the FA Cup Round 4 Replay on Wednesday.

steelerfan
08-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Romelu Lukaku (67') split a Danny Mantom brace (14', 78'); Angelos Niarkhos, Phil Stephens, and Jake Cassidy assisted; and Thibaut Courtois made 5 saves in keeping his eleventh clean sheet as Wolverhampton stretched their league lead back to 5 points with a 3-0 result at West Brom on Monday night.

On deadline day, the club announced that CDM Sandros Sartzetakis has been sent on a season loan to Leicester City. The deadline passed without any offers for Kieran Gibbs.

NOTE: For some reason the game simmed my match on deadline day. Therefore, I'm accepting the simmed 3-0 loss at Manchester City as opposed to having to replay the West Brom match.

Following the upcoming international break, Wolves (24-4-3, 1st) will host Brighton & Hove Albion (8-9-14, 18th).

steelerfan
08-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Fernando was credited with the only assist for Wolves on Saturday, despite the club scorching Brighton & Hove for four goals in a 4-2 win.

Elkeson scored a first half brace (36', 44') to pace Wolverhampton to a 3-0 halftime lead. He was joined on the scoresheet, in the first half, by Mohamed Abu (45') and Leigh Griffiths who converted from the spot in the second half (71'). Wolves had pushed the lead to 4-0 after Griffiths penalty, but conceded twice late.

Wolves (25-4-3, 1st) have moved 7 points clear of second-placed West Brom and will host bottom-feeders Port Vale (4-5-23, 24th) on Tuesday evening at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
08-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Elkeson (7', 40'p) scored a double and had an assist and Romelu Lukaku (79') added a goal and an assist of his own as Wolves made quick work of bottom-feeding Port Vale, 4-1. Ezequiel Munoz contributed with a brilliant diving header from a corner for Wolves' second goal of the night (17').

The Wanderers (26-4-3, 1st) will not play again until next Tuesday night when they host Middlesbrough (14-7-12, 10th) at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
08-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Romelu Lukaku (7') and Danny Mantom (70') assisted on each others goals on Tuesday night, but a stoppage time concession took a point from Wolves as Middlesbrough were victorious, 3-2.

Next up for Wolverhampton (26-4-4, 1st) is a trip to visit Charlton Athletic (6-7-21, 22nd) on Saturday, March 3.

steelerfan
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Fernando scored a brace (40', 47') and Lukaku (54') put the finishing touch on Charlton Athletic in a dominant 3-1 win for Wolves. Aside from the double, Fernando also assisted on Lukaku's score while Elkeson and Ravel Morrison provided helpers on Fernando's goals.

On Tuesday night, the Wanderers (27-4-4, 1st) will host Nottingham Forest (9-12-14, 17th). Blackburn has jumped past West Brom into second place the The Football League table, still 8 points behind Wolves.

steelerfan
08-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Romelu Lukaku (26'), assisted by Danny Mantom, provided Wolves' only goal on Tuesday night as Wolverhampton drew with Nottingham Forest, 1-1. The Wanderers huge statistical dominance was neutralized in the 72nd minute when Nottingham converted from the penalty spot, earning the draw.

Wolverhampton (27-5-4, 1st) will visit Cardiff City (17-9-10, 7th) next Tuesday night.

steelerfan
08-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Ravel Morrison scored in the 36th minute and Ezequiel Munoz contributed with a brilliant diving header from a Morrison cross in the 63rd minute, but ultimately Wolves settled with a 2-2 draw with Cardiff City on Tuesday night.

Wolverhampton (27-6-4, 1st), following ten off days, will host Sheffield Wednesday (12-9-16, 15th) on March 24. With nine match days remaining, Wolves lead second-placed West Brom by 5 points and third-placed Blackburn by 6.

steelerfan
08-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Jake Cassidy scored Wolves' lone goal, in the 35th minute, and Thibaut Courtois made twelve saves and added an assist as the Wanderers played to a 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday.

With just 8 fixtures remaining, Wolverhampton (27-7-4, 1st) have had their lead over West Brom (26-7-5, 2nd) reduced to 3 points. Wolves' lead over Blackburn (26-6-6, 3rd) is just 4 points. The Wanderers will close out the month of March on Saturday when they visit Blackpool (19-7-12, 6th).

steelerfan
08-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Blackpool scored twice in the final eleven minutes to upset Wolverhampton, 2-1, on Saturday night. Elkeson scored the only goal for Wolves, in the 68th minute.

The loss has created a late-season logjam at the top of the table. Wolves and West Brom are each 27-7-5, with the Wanderers owning a +46 to +44 goal difference advantage. Blackburn are just 1 point behind the leaders at 27-6-6. Meanwhile fourth-placed Reading (23-10-6) will visit Wolverhampton on Tuesday night.

steelerfan
08-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Romelu Lukaku converted from the penalty spot in the 64th minute but it wasn't enough to prevent a 2-1 loss to Reading on Tuesday night at Molinuex Stadium.

For the first time this season, Wolverhampton does not top the league in points. A recent slump has produced an 0-3-2 record which has seen their position tumble to 3rd, 3 points behind West Brom and 2 behind Blackburn.

On Saturday Wolves (27-7-6, 3rd) will visit Millwall (6-8-26, 23rd).

steelerfan
08-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Romelu Lukaku scored twice (21', 34'), with the second assisted by Jake Cassidy, but Wolves conceded twice in the second half, including one in the dying embers of stoppage time, to ensure a sixth straight match without a win as they drew with Millwall, 2-2.

On Tuesday night, Wolverhampton (27-8-6, 3rd) will entertain Wigan Athletic (20-11-10, 7th).

steelerfan
08-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Romelu Lukaku (13', 48') scored a brace and Elkeson was credited with an assist as Wolves won for the first time in 7 matches, beating Wigan Athletic 2-1.

The result puts Wolverhampton back into an automatic promotion spot, 1 point ahead of Blackburn and 5 points behind league-leading West Brom with just 4 match days remaining.

Wolves (28-8-6, 2nd) will host Derby County (18-11-13, 9th) on Tuesday night at Molinuex Stadium.

steelerfan
10-07-2013, 12:39 AM
It's been a long time, but I need to finish this season at the very least.

Thibaut Courtois made ten saves to earn his twelfth clean sheet in league play but Wolves could only manage a nil-nil draw with Derby County on Tuesday night.

A week before season's end, Wolverhampton (28-9-6, 2nd) will visit Watford (16-10-17, 12th) on Saturday. Wolves still trail league leaders West Brom by 5 points and their lead over playoff leaders Blackburn is just 2 points with 3 matches remaining.

steelerfan
10-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Wolverhampton fell behind 2-0 early on Tuesday night but cut the deficit to 1 at the half, before a flurry of goals early in the second period saw Wolves earn a 4-2 win over Watford.

Ravel Morrison (27') and Elkeson (56') each bagged a goal to go with Romelu Lukaku's double (48', 58'). Elkeson also contributed with 2 assists as did Fernando.

With just 2 matches remaining this season, Wolverhampton (29-9-6, 96) are second in the league table trailing leaders West Brom (30-8-6, 98) by 2 points and holding an automatic promotion spot over third-placed Blackburn (29-7-8, 94) by the same margin.

Wolves will visit Leeds United (13-11-20, 16th) on Tuesday night while West Brom visit Nottingham Forest (11-15-18, 17th) and Blackburn host Cardiff City (23-11-10, 5th).

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Wolves played to a disappointing 1-1 draw with Leeds United on Tuesday night and, with West Brom earning a 3-2 win at Nottingham, the title race is over.

Blackburn were also winners on Tuesday. With that result, Wolves have slipped level with Rovers on points, but they do hold a +5 goal advantage.

Wolves (29-10-6, 2nd) figure to need more than the lone goal they bagged at Leeds (Fernando assisted by Romelu Lukaku) when they close the League Championship fixture schedule on Saturday at Burnley (14-17-14, 13th). Meanwhile, Blackburn (30-7-8) will challenge Wolves for the coveted second place automatic promotion spot when they play host to Huddersfield Town (23-9-13, 7th). Huddersfield trails Wigan Athletic only on goals as they try to secure a promotion playoff spot.

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Luis Cavanda's goal in stoppage time made Blackburn's result irrelevant on Saturday as Wolves prevailed 3-2 over Burnley. Elkeson opened the scoring in the 58th minute, with an assist from Romelu Lukaku, and Fernando tallied in the 69th.

Blackburn wound up drawing with Huddersfield Town, 2-2, meaning Cavanda's score was not need, but that was not known when it was struck. Wolverhampton have earned promotion to the Barclay's Premier League with their 2nd place finish in the League Championship. Wolves have not played in England's top tier since the 2011-12 season.

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 06:41 PM
2017-18 npower Championship League Final Table

1. West Bromwich 104
2. Wolverhampton 100

3. Blackburn 98
4. Reading 93
5. Wigan Athletic 81
6. Cardiff City 80

7. Huddersfield Town 79
8. Blackpool 74
9. Derby County 73
10. Middlesbrough 72
11. Leicester City 65
12. Watford 61
13. Burnley 59
14. Ipswich Town 56
15. Leeds United 54
16. Sheffield Wednesday 53
17. Nottingham Forest 49
18. Bristol City 47
19. Brighton & Hove 45 (-16)
20. Crystal Palace 45 (-17)
21. Barnsley 36

22. Charlton Athletic 34
23. Millwall 33
24. Port Vale 21

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 06:49 PM
2017-18 npower League Championship Statistical Leaders

Golden Boot
1. Lukaku (Wolverhampton) 41
2. Slew (Blackburn) 21
3. Elkeson (Wolverhampton) 20
4. Olsson (Blackburn) 17
5. Keogh (Millwall) 16

Assists
1. Dorrans (West Brom) 16
2. Philips (Blackpool) 12
3. Slew (Blackburn) 11
4. Fernando (Wolverhampton) 10
5. Karacan (Reading) 9

Golden Glove
1. Begovic (Blackburn) 20
2. Khune (West Brom) 16
3. McCarthy (Reading) 15
4. Lewis (Cardiff) 14
5. Fielding (Derby County) 14

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Other notable winners:

UEFA Champions League: AC Milan

UEFA Europa League: Manchester United

FA Cup: Manchester United

Capital One Cup: Liverpool

English Premier League: Manchester City

French Ligue 1: Marseille

German Bundesliga: Bayern Munich

Italian Serie A: AC Milan

Dutch Eredivisie: FC Twente

Liga Portuguesa: FC Porto

Russian Premier League: CSKA Moskva

Scottish Premier League: Celtic

Spanish Liga BBVA: FC Barcelona

Relegated to npower Championship: Hull City, West Ham, Stoke City

Promoted to Barclays Premier League: West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Blackburn

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 08:21 PM
On July 17, 2018 Kieran Gibbs (81 OVR), 28, was sold back to Arsenal for $11.5M.

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 10:28 PM
On July 31, 2018 Juan (82 OVR), 27, was sold to Valencia for $19M.

jaymo76
10-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Steeler... you should be able to get in one more season before PS4. Looking forward to reading about your next season.

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 10:40 PM
On August 5, 2018 Johnny Gorman (75 OVR), 25, was sold to Bolton for $2.7M.

steelerfan
10-25-2013, 10:59 PM
After a win and two draws in their preseason friendlys, Wolves are finally prepared for their Barclays Premier League opener at Southampton on Saturday, August 18. It will mark the first time that they have played in England's top tier since being relegated in May of 2012. Wolverhampton will host Liverpool in their home opener, the following Saturday.

steelerfan
10-27-2013, 03:07 AM
Steeler... you should be able to get in one more season before PS4. Looking forward to reading about your next season.

Thanks, buddy.

I'm still not sure when I'm jumping to next gen. It really has me thinking that I should go ahead and buy 14 on the PS3. The problem with that is that I have played 315 matches to reach the BPL in this 13 career so it'd be tough to just walk away.